All news in From the Middle (6-8)

The Risks of using the Internet

by: 20karimr
www.cbtplanet

There are many risks of using the internet. one such risk is cyberbullying or cyberstalking. this is a type of bullying where another person who you may not know tries to figure out who you are and where you live through the internet. this is also when someone bullies you on the internet, and often you have no control over it because they can do whatever they want on the internet. another risk is malware, which comes in many forms. one such form is adware, where someone uploads a program onto your computer through an external source, and it creates ads on your computer whenever you press something. another type is general malware, where someone uploads a program onto your computer through an external source and takes control of your computer and makes it do whateverthey want. you can keep away from this by always keeping your security updated so that it will block out any sort of person like this. another risk is phishing, which is when someone says something on the computer, possibly through email, and makes you give up your password to something important by posing as someone else. you can avoid this by not opening emails without checking where they`re from. this is how you can avoid the risks of using the internet.

What Can I Do To Minimize The Risks That I Face When Going On The Internet?

by: 20siegels
Cybersecurity

We can protect ourselves on the Internet by following many procedures and being cautious. One thing to do is to not click on suspicious links in your email. This will keep you from going onto fraudulent websites. Also, don’t sign into your account of fake looking websites, as they can then steal your account info. When a program starts to download and you think it’s safe and a free game or unreasonably cheap, it is probably fake and can have virus’s and malware on it in the form of a Trojan virus. Finally, do not release any personal information on the internet. People can take your information and run up credit in your name. They could also bully you and intimidate or stalk you.

In What Ways Can the Internet Be used While Avoiding Risks

by: 20khana

Did you know that you could be at risk using the Internet right now? The Internet is a very useful tool when used properly, but it can be dangerous. There are many types of dangers while using the Internet, like malware, identity theft, and cyber bullying. Well, what is malware? Malware is software made by programmers for malicious purposes. It can lead you to lose your most important information, or reveal all your personal stuff. A lot of these are Trojans, which pretend to be something official but are fakes, and spyware or adware. These can literally destroy your life, to an extent. Thankfully, there are ways to prevent this. Remember to update your computer regularly, so your computer is stronger than malware and can fight it off. Also, never give out personal information to anyone on the Internet, because either through hacking or being a Trojan, they can get your info and either spill all your secrets, or empty your bank vault! Also, always use professional websites and companies. Don’t use people who claim they will lower the price for the same stuff, because they are scams. All of them. Never give away info to strangers, and try to use websites that end in .com, .net, or .gov. Also, know what to do when something actually does happen, and seek help immediately.

In what ways can I use the Internet while avoiding its risks?

Malware warning symbol

Most people use the Internet every day for either work or recreational reasons. However around 2 million people suffer of a cyber attack monthly whether it be Identity theft or an unresponsive computer. Malware verymuch plays a role in our daily lives our computers protections and firewalls encounter them almost daily, but from time to time our computers may not catch or stop the viruses that constantly bombard our computers. Therefore it is our responsibility to steer clear of these dangerous and/or annoying things. This malware can be found in a innocent thing like looking up the date a movie came out to something not as innocent like watching a illegally downloaded movie. No computers protection is perfect and a well made virus or trojan can bypass most and all security on your computer if you force download it or it finds a loophole.

In what ways can I use the Internet while avoiding it's risks?

by: 20uniar

Many people love to use the Internet just like me, but some do not know the risks or the traps they are heading into. To prevent such things from happening there are many precautionary steps you could use. As you know the main Internet Risks we have are usually Pop ups, Scams, Identity theft, Hacking, and Cyber Bullying/Stalking. To avoid such things there are many options for someone to take. You should always update your computer so no viruses come inside, no pop ups annoy you, and you have a lower risk of being hacked. Never open anything looking suspicious from random people because this could lead to scams such as free stuff, scams and cyber stalking/bullying. Also, another problem is social media where you can get seriously hurt. To prevent this make yourself private, don't post personal stuff and respond to only people you know. One also very important thing is to keep watch of what you download because it could mess up your computer and give you a real hard time. These are some of the main and most important parts of how to keep away from such things, but there are many more ways to steer clear from such things!

Dark Corners of the Internet

by: 20tranh
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27340884@N07/2550796119/

The internet has many dangers and tricks that can harm your computer. You most likely don't want that, right? Some of the risks of not using the internet cautiously are:
• Viruses
Viruses can be accessed from email attachments or scams that talk about getting something that shouldn't be gotten so easily. For example, Minecraft was a popular game and still is. It is known by many people and is the most downloaded game on the computer and phone. However, this game is a game with a account that has to be paid in order to work. Many times people will create website that might give free accounts if you enter your email, but it might just be a link to download a virus onto your computer!

•Cyber- Stalking
Cyber Stalking or bullying is easily done by people on social media these days. Simply making your account public to others increases the chance of you being stalked by dangerous people. They can pretend to be your friends so they can closely view your personal life and one day decide to strike and use their knowledge about you against you. A simple way to prevent this is by making you account private and double checking who you interact with on social media.

•Spyware
Similar to Cyber-Stalking, spyware can track things you do on and around your device and gather private information by the way you do things. For example, if you have spyware on your computer and is unaware, your passwords can be figured out simply by the keystrokes.

There are many more risks and solutions to these issues but some common ways to avoid common internet issues is to:
•Update your computer frequently

•Get an anti-virus program.

•Enable Firewall if you have a Windows operating system.

•Never go into suspicious links.

If you follow these tips, you'll be safely and happily surfing the internet with ease!

Picture from https://www.flickr.com/photos/27340884@N07/2550796119/

In What Way Can I Use The Internet While Avoiding Its Risks?

by: 20rajua
Internet Safety

The Internet is known to have many risks. However, there are many known ways to combat these risks. One major risk found online is malware. Malware is another name for malicious software that is downloaded onto your computer. This also consists of viruses, trojans, spyware, etc. One way to avoid the risks of malware is not to download content from suspicious or untrustworthy websites and update your computer and its malware protection software. Another risk is cyberbullying and cyberstalking. Cyberbullying is when someone bullies you online through social media. Cyberstalking is when someone tries to chat with you online and try to get personal information from strangers claiming its not going to be used to harm you. One way to prevent these would be to not reveal much social information on social media and to avoid chatting with strangers let alone give out personal info. If you get cyber bullied, save the message and go to an adult you trust. Trojans are a type of software that pretend to be a legit site but end up being malicious. This could be avoided by updating security and also matching the file you are downloading with the legit one. Finally, identity theft is when someone steals your identity and pretends to be you. This could lead to your money being stolen and much more. The best way to avoid this is by not posting your personal information on social media and making sure you put your information on the right sites. There are many risks of the internet but many ways to prevent these risks. Be safe on the internet.

by: 20azmals

The internet is a world where there is a lot of freedom but very big chances that you are risking your life. While using the Internet there are many risks that can cause you harm and even affect your life forever. But don’t worry about since there are ways to make sure you are internet safe. Internet safety is taking all precautions while using the internet and making sure that you are safe in this cyber world. First of all everyone these days have their smartphones and they have as much freedom as they want to use their phone. Since everyone has Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and all those other social networking sites everyone makes friends on those sites. These people can be friends from school or even just childhood friends. But some people you might be friends with might be unknown to you. But since you really want many follower on your social networking site that you accept that offer to be an unknown person’s friend. But what you don’t know is that the friend you just accepted might be a stalker. He or she might talk to you at first to get a conversation going. But sooner they’ll ask you all your personal information just so they could use for their own evil purposes. This is why you should never give out your personal information online. This includes where you live, your age, your birthday, your social security, or anything that is personal related. What you should do is if you have to give your personal information to anyone just give it to them in person. That way you reduce internet risks and also accomplished what you had to do.
While using the internet be aware of malware. Malware is software that is used for malicious purposes. There are many types of software. The most frequent ones are spyware and adware. Basically these softwares work together but they are just slightly different. Spyware is a software that takes all your information and uses it against you and this is a way they steal all their personal identity. The way you can prevent it is by installing anti spyware, update your computer as often as you can, use websites that are trustworthy and when downloading anything make sure you use a reliable website with a good reputation and read all the license agreements before downloading anything. Adware is similar to spyware but a little different. Its basically pop ups and advertisements that’s a type of spyware that when you click on it the website record everything you do. To prevent adware do the following which is check with reviews to see if the software is worth downloading, not going to websites that have many advertisements, change your internet browser settings, Install anti adware programs and have firewall protection.
The last thing is viruses. Viruses are the worst thing ever since they attack your computer’s security system and shut down your computer completely. Viruses can cause severe damage to your computer. Viruses are also a type of malware that try to steal all the information on your computer. But once again they are preventable. Here are some helpful tips to keep you safe. You shouldn’t download songs that are not from the original company. Install software that prevents viruses and don’t sign in to any website that is false. These are things that you can do to use the internet safer and be internet safe!!

How can I use the Internet while avoiding its risks?

by: 20leis
Always make sure that sites that you go on are valid and safe.

When going onto the internet, always remember that there are risks. You may be at risk of identity theft, cyber-stalking, cyber-bullying, having black hat hackers take over your computer and many more. To minimize these risks, you should always think twice before typing in any personal information, such as your social security number and your address. Additionally, you should regularly update your computer, which minimizes the risk of viruses going through your computer’s defenses and into your computer. Furthermore, don’t respond to people that you don’t know and stay away from unknown websites that might be created for malicious purposes. Lastly, don’t share your passwords. You might have heard this from many other people, but this is really imperative. Sharing your password defeats the purpose of creating a password. Sharing your password might lead black hat hackers to hack onto your account and steal all your personal information. If you want to be safe, follow these tips, and I’m sure that you would have a much happier time on the internet, without worrying about its risks.

How can you avoid risks while using the internet?

by: 20kennya

We can use the internet in many ways while still remaining safe. One way to do this is by updating our security systems etc. because this can help prevent many times of malware. For example it can prevent viruses, and Trojans. Additionally, make sure you do not give out personal information because people can track you down and stalk you. They can also find out where you live based on geo-tagged posts etc. . All in all you can be safe on the internet you just need to be conscious of what you are doing and who can see what you are doing.