All news in From the Middle (6-8)

Unit 3 Project 7-1: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

This project is an animated version of Goldilocks and the three bears. The user has the experience of making a choice to choose where the story goes, whether Goldilocks lies about her wrongdoings or she tells the truth. This is based on the original tale of Goldilocks and the three bears, with a special twist for a decision. Each decision that the viewer makes will reveal more moral ideas, themes, and emotions. This is a very popular tale, but I thought that if I could show my interpretation of it through scratch, it could be successful and interesting. The first choice will demonstrate how Goldilocks stays in the house while she tries out all of the objects that the bears own. The bears find her within the house and she is stuck in trouble. the latter will demonstrate how Goldilocks does the same actions before, but lies about what she did to the bears. She lives to come again and she is punished in a way worse than when she would have been honest.

Act 2 Part 1Act 2 Part 2Act 2 Part 3Act 2 Part 4Act 1Act 1 -The girl - Goldilocks: G (forest) G-Ah! A nice cottage in the woods! G-Who lives here? G-Probably a nice family who is away on vacation! G-They won't mind. Let me make my way in when I can. (Makes way into house) G-Ah! A bowl of porridge. G-Today must be my lucky day. G- I am very tired after all of that amazing porridge. The perfect ratio of boring texture and bland flavors in a bowl. G- The big one was very sweet. G- The medium sized one was too dry!!! G- The small one was just perfect. G- Now let me rest in this smaller bed. M- What are you doing in our cottage house! D- You thought that the animal who owned it was as weak as a mouse? K- I may be smaller than a regular bear but the chance of you living is very rare. G- Oh no!!! Should I tell a lie and live and not die or be honest! (Blackscreen) ACT 2a G- Oh come on! I am Goldilocks, a poor lonely girl! M- Well what do we do? You have an agreement? D- We can’t listen to her! She probably lies!!! She’ll go to the station and tell them the wrong thing! K- And then we'll be framed for doing just nothing! G- So you're going to kill me and eat me like food! That would be rude… FINE! I did it I did it i’m sorry i’m sorry I did not mean to make anyone worry! M- Well you are a thief, an intruder of property! D- A very young girl but at least you have honesty! G- Well bye!!! I'll escape from you now! Leave me alone or ill give you a pow!!! (G runs out) G-A life lesson was learned, never to lie. So now I will think before I choose to die. (BLACK SCREEN) Act 2b -The girl - Silvia: G -The bear (mom): M -The bear (dad): D -The bear (kid): K -The Lion: L (House) G- No No! I am a good one I promise I promise! I thought this was my aunt’s house I’m honest I’m honest!!! D- I don’t know what to do! Do I spare you! M- Do we eat you! K- I want to go back to bed I am scared of this monster! G- Come on! Let me go!!! (Decision making) D- We will spare you. Ma- NOW GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE!!! (BLACK SCREEN) G(Walks into cottage again) DMK (in unision) WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN OUR COTTAGE HOUSE!!! D- I’ll squash ya like a mouse M- I’ll kick ya like a rat D- Well show ya for lying how dare you do that. M- Since you lied you shall be punished more!!! We will bring you to the house of the lion!!! Why hello there my friend! You ready to die! You get a strong killing for trying to lie!!! Oh here I am! Ready to rumble! Next time find another house to bumble!!! (BLACKSCREEN) 

Unit 3 Project: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Act 2 Part 1Act 2 Part 2Act 2 Part 3Act 2 Part 4Act 1Act 1 -The girl - Goldilocks: G (forest) G-Ah! A nice cottage in the woods! G-Who lives here? G-Probably a nice family who is away on vacation! G-They won't mind. Let me make my way in when I can. (Makes way into house) G-Ah! A bowl of porridge. G-Today must be my lucky day. G- I am very tired after all of that amazing porridge. The perfect ratio of boring texture and bland flavors in a bowl. G- The big one was very sweet. G- The medium sized one was too dry!!! G- The small one was just perfect. G- Now let me rest in this smaller bed. M- What are you doing in our cottage house! D- You thought that the animal who owned it was as weak as a mouse? K- I may be smaller than a regular bear but the chance of you living is very rare. G- Oh no!!! Should I tell a lie and live and not die or be honest! (Blackscreen) ACT 2a G- Oh come on! I am Goldilocks, a poor lonely girl! M- Well what do we do? You have an agreement? D- We can’t listen to her! She probably lies!!! She’ll go to the station and tell them the wrong thing! K- And then we'll be framed for doing just nothing! G- So you're going to kill me and eat me like food! That would be rude… FINE! I did it I did it i’m sorry i’m sorry I did not mean to make anyone worry! M- Well you are a thief, an intruder of property! D- A very young girl but at least you have honesty! G- Well bye!!! I'll escape from you now! Leave me alone or ill give you a pow!!! (G runs out) G-A life lesson was learned, never to lie. So now I will think before I choose to die. (BLACK SCREEN) Act 2b -The girl - Silvia: G -The bear (mom): M -The bear (dad): D -The bear (kid): K -The Lion: L (House) G- No No! I am a good one I promise I promise! I thought this was my aunt’s house I’m honest I’m honest!!! D- I don’t know what to do! Do I spare you! M- Do we eat you! K- I want to go back to bed I am scared of this monster! G- Come on! Let me go!!! (Decision making) D- We will spare you. Ma- NOW GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE!!! (BLACK SCREEN) G(Walks into cottage again) DMK (in unision) WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN OUR COTTAGE HOUSE!!! D- I’ll squash ya like a mouse M- I’ll kick ya like a rat D- Well show ya for lying how dare you do that. M- Since you lied you shall be punished more!!! We will bring you to the house of the lion!!! Why hello there my friend! You ready to die! You get a strong killing for trying to lie!!! Oh here I am! Ready to rumble! Next time find another house to bumble!!! (BLACKSCREEN) Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108915524/

The Military Adventures of Sam and Alex: Unit 3 Scratch Project

by: 21bessama
Unit 3 Tech Project 21bessama

Here’s an introduction to my Scratch interactive story, called “The Military Adventures of Sam and Alex”. I was inspired to do this off of the story by the Brothers Grimm, Partlett and Chanticleer. I enjoyed it, and even though it was one of the lesser known stories, I liked it because of how gory and tragic it was. And because this has to be PG-13, I made it less so, but still keeping the main events and characters. So here’s everything I used to make it. Enjoy!

Characters:

Alex as Partlett

Sam as Chanticleer

Taylor as the Duck

Charlie as the Pin

Jessie as the Needle

Lenin as the Landlord

Settings:

Military Base

Rural Area

Lenin’s House

Act 1:

Alex: (Enters military base) So honey, how’d it go?

Jessie: (Takes helmet off) It was great! We eliminated a Spec Ops Team. How about you?

Alex: Great, I fixed up Taylor, and they’re gonna send him in your squadron.

Jessie; Nice, Taylor is great, but not as great as you *flirty wink*.

Alex: Okay, next rotation is in 12 hours so, I’m gonna go to bed. (Alex leaves the room)

(The next day at 0650 hrs in the military base)

Alex: General said we’re leaving at 0700 hours.

Jessie: (Cleans rifle) That’s okay, give me a minute, I’ll be there.

(Enter Taylor, holding up a gun)Taylor: (Points gun at everyone) Hands up!

Alex: What the hell Taylor?

Taylor: Shut it Alex, I’ve decided to go rogue.

Jessie: (Hits Taylor in the head.)

Taylor: (Falls down in agony) AAAAAGH

Alex: ( Ties handcuff around both of Taylor's hands) You’re coming with us (Everyone leaves)

(A day later)

(Enter Charlie and Sam)

Charlie: Please, you have to help us, my friend Sam over here broke his leg.

Sam: *limping* Please

Alex: Sure thing, get in the Jeep (Charlie and Sam enter the Jeep)

Drives off

(Enter Lenin in his house)

Lenin: Hello? Is anyone there? (Opens door)

Sam: *limping* Please let us in, we’re low on supplies

The reader must choose whether Lenin lets them in or not.

Act 2A: The reader chooses to not let them in.

Lenin: No

Charlie: Please, we’re from the military, and our squadron and supplies aren’t here.

Lenin: I do not want to get involved with military

Charlie: You’ll regret that decision.

That night

Alex: In here *points to open window*

Charlie: *goes inside* (pulls out gun) Bye Lenin, thanks for bringing this upon yourself.

Lenin: Please, get out!

Alex: Too late (pulls trigger)

(Screen fades to black) (Gunshots)

Act 2B: The reader chooses let them in.

Lenin: Of course, come on in!

Charlie: Thank you so much!

Sam: And as a reward, take an extra gun we have.

Lenin: Wow! Thanks! (receives gun)

Charlie: And we’ll be sure to mention you to our general once we’ve completed the mission. You’ll be a war hero!

Lenin: Oh my goodness thank you so much. Here, have some food.

Sam: Thanks, I’m famished *limps in*

(Everyone walks in)

Link:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108989068/

Project:

Scratch unit 3 project

by: 21ngj
Scratch animation unit 3 project 21ngj

This is an alteration to the classic cinderella tale. It was originally a project for my tech class. This unit focuses on the moral choices characters makes in stories or in real life and how to animate it. It was frustrating trying to create it but the end result came out to be pretty nice. So in the story, the character cinder finds herself talking to a cat, lucifer, the cat tells her to leave since she is suffering a lot working for her step- sisters. The decision she has to make is whether she stays or not.

This is the script for the animation:

Act One:
Characters:
Cinderella (Cinder)
Prince Charming (Jack)
Fairy godmother (Annie)
Step-mother (Sasha)
Step-Daughter #1 (Anastina)
Step- Daughter #2 (Ashley)
Mice #1 (gus)
Mice #2 ( Sebastin)
Mice #3 (Minny)
Cat (Lucifer)

Setting:
Old house
Nice Mansion
Old house backyard

Script:
Anastina: [Runs frantically around the screen] Cinder! Ashley and my clothes are not cleaned yet! CINDER!
Ashley: [Runs frantically around the screen] Cinder where is my perfume?! CINDER! [Runs into Anastina]
Anastina and Ashley: OH MY GOD! CINDER! [Runs to the right stage]
Cinder: [Comes in from the left stage] I’m coming! I… I’m coming!
Cinder: [Murmurs to herself] 19 and still stuck here.
Sasha: CINDER! Do your job faster, if my beautiful daughters don’t get what they need, they will be sad and you will need to live in the attic again!
Cinder: I am, Sasha! [Murmurs to herself] I wouldn’t have to if they actually knew anything…
Sasha: What was that?
Cinder: N… nothing.
Ashley and Anastina: CINDER!
Cinder: Coming! [Runs off stage to the right stage]

Ashley: [walks in from the left stage] Where is mother?
Anastina: [Walks in from the left stage] CINDER!
Cinder: Y...yes?
Anastina: Where is our mother?
Cinder: I don’t know, she’s probably in her room with Lucifer.
Ashley: Well, go call her, then.
Anastina: Cinder, what does it take to make you smart?
Cinder: Yes, stepsisters.
Ashley: What was that?
Cinder: [Sigh] Yes, gorgeous stepsister and beautiful stepsister.
Anastina: There you go.
Cinder: [Walk off to the right stage] Why… am…i ….still… here

Cinder: [Walk on left stage] Your daughters need you down stairs, Sasha.
Sasha: You haven’t fed Lucifer yet, Cinder.
Cinder: I will feed him right now.
Sasha: Now what did you need?
Cinder: Ashley and Anastina needs you downstairs.
Sasha: Okay [Walks to the left stage]

Cinder: [Walks toward the center] Come on Lucifer! Come on!
Lucifer: Meow! Cinder, why are you even still here, Sasha is clearly using you to do chores.
Cinder: I know…..
Lucifer: Cinder! Just leave already, it’s for your own good!
Cinder: I don’t think Sasha can do any of these chores she is making me do…
Lucifer: [Sighs] Well you did the chores ever since you were 9 yrs old, I think she can pick up a few ideas.
Cinder: Well she still needs my help.
Lucifer: [Sighs] Why did I even try?

Moral decision:
Cinder is compassionate and needs to decide whether she will stay and help like the girl Sasha wants her to be or will she listen to Lucifer and leave to create a new life for herself and even meet the prince?
Act 2a:

Sasha: Ashley! Anastina! We just received a letter from the royal palace!
Ashley: What does it say mother!?
Sasha: It says we are invited to go to the royal mansion hosted by Prince Jack!
Anastina and Ashley: Ahhhhh!! Oh my god!
Ashley: Wait, when is the ball?
Sasha: In 3 days!
Anastina and Ashley: Ahhhhh!!
Sasha: Girls, you must get ready! Ashley! Call the dressmaker!

[cinder and Lucifer walk on from the left stage]

Cinder: Sasha, can i come?
Sasha: Sure……. When you complete you chore……..
Cinder: What do i need to do?
Sasha: Clean the floors of the basement, clean the kitchen, clean the my room, clean the girls’ room, clean your room. This house should be spotless by the end of your chores.
Cinder: I can’t do that before the ball happens! Can I at least have my own dress?
Sasha: Of course not, if you want to go you will need to get your own dress!
Cinder: That is not fair! I do all the chores and I don’t even get a dress?
Sasha: Life isn’t fair Cinder!
Ashley: Okay….. Um i think mother and Cinder needs to take a breather and calm down. Don’t you think that is right Anastina?
Anatina: Um…. yea,,,,, Ashley why don’t you take Mother on a walk, i will stay with Cinder.

[Ashley and Sasha walk off to the right stage, Cinder and Anastina stay behind]

Cinder: I don’t think i can that Sasha anymore…..
Anastina: Well, as her daughter, i never saw her flaws until just now,
Cinder: [signs] Where’s lucifer?

[Lucifer walks in on the left stage]

Lucifer: What did i tell you, cinder? Leave already!
Anastina: Wait, lucifer can talk?
Lucifer: I always could talk, you guys were just too busy talking about the prince and your clothes to realize.
Cinder: Yea [2 seconds of silence between the three] Anyway, Lucifer what should i do? Leaving might do me some good but, i have no one out there, no one to take care of……
Lucifer: Fine! If you want to leave and suffer the wrath of Saha, do it. But if you don’t leave after 2 years, i don’t know what kind of person you are.
Anastina: After 2 years, i will kick you out. [Laughs]
Cinder: [Laughs] Fine whatever….. But the ball, i still can’t go.
Anastina: Okay, I will sacrifice this chance to see the prince, I will stay behind…..
Lucifer: YOU WILL? Oh my gosh, Anastina, i have misjudged you!
Anastina: Yea, everyone does. Okay, now i need to convince mother to not let me go and you need to do the chores, I will help you when i am done with mother.
Cinder: Thanks, Anastina. I am glad you are not like sasha.

[All 3 walk off stage to the left]

[Background changes to 3 days later]
[Background changes to day of the ball]

[Cinder, Anastina and Lucifer walks on from the right and sits on the chairs]

Cinder: I wish Anastina, Lucifer, and I may go to the ball without Sasha…..

[Annie pops on stage]

Annie: Hello, Cinder! Hello, Anastina! Hello, Lucifer! [Flies near Lucifer and pets him] [Lucifer growls and then purrs] I am Cinder’s fairy godmother!
Cinder: What! I have a fairy godmother!?
Annie: Yea! Now let’s make this quick since the animation is getting quite long…
Cinder: What?
Annie: Nevermind…. So, what is your wish?
Annie: Since you are so kind and so nice, I will grant your wish and i will give you dresses. But since lucifer is a cat and can not go to the ball, i will transform Lucifer into a handsome gentlemen who will be the partner for Anastina.
Anastina: Oh, I want to see what he looks like as a human! If he is handsome, can we keep him as a human?
Lucifer: What? Anastina! Okay maybe….
Annie: You have to ask Cinder….. Since i am her fairy godmother.
Anastina: [Looks at cinder] Please…..
Cinder: Fine. If you fall in love with Lucifer, just remember, he used to be a cat….
Annie: [Laughs]
Lucifer: CINDER! ANASTINA!!!
Cinder: Okay, can you also bring us to the palace?
Annie: Sure! Okay ready, I will poof you there and all your wishes will come true.

[Annie chants]

Annie: Dresses, beauty! Bring Cinder to the ball!

[Everything goes black and the 3 are at the palace fully clothed in beautiful clothes]

Cinder: We’re here!
Anastina: Where’s Lucifer?
Lucifer: [Gets up from the floor] I am here. [Wobbles] Is this what you humans have to deal wi…… Oh my god….. Anastina, cinder, first off i don’t need to look up to you guys now and wow, you too are gorgeous!
Anastina: Uh….. Cinder…. Lucifer is a human and oh wow! Your dress! It is amazing! Wow Annie did not lie, Lucifer is handsome…..
Cinder: [Gasps] We all look beautiful now let’s go!

[C,A, and L walk into the palace]
[Music starts playing]

Announcer: Walking in now is beautiful Miss Cinder and with her is Miss Anastina with sir Lucifer!

[Prince Jack looks at Cinder and they meet eyes]

A: Cinder! That’s the prince! Prince Jack! He is looking at you! Lucifer! Lets walk closer to him!
L: Ladies, please walk slowly, as i am getting used to my feet
C: Let’s not…. I don’t want him to know who i am, a peasant.
A: Oh come on!

[A pulls C and L with her toward the prince]
[Prince walks toward Cinder]

A: Lucifer! Let’s dance.
L: I am surprised that you wouldn’t want to dance with the prince instead….
A: Lucifer, have you seen yourself? You look better than the prince and plus Annie said, you were my partner!
L: Anastina, I am quite flattered.

Prince: Hello, Cinder is it?
C: [bows] yes, prince jack. I mean your majesty.
P: It’s okay, just call me jack…
Cinder: Oh well….. Okay
Prince: Would you like to dance?
Cinder: With me? [Prince nods] Well i am not a good dancer…… Plus, everyone here looks better than me,
Prince: Well, i disagree, you are the best dressed here.
Cinder: Well, I guess i can’t say no to a prince…..

[Prince and cinder danced along with Anastina and Lucifer]

[Background changes to a black screen with the words ‘cinder then married the prince and Lucifer married Anastina, the four lived happily at the Palace while, Ashley married the prince’s little brother, and c,a, and L found out that the Ashley was quite nice. Where is Sasha? Sasha was left at the old mansion alone….. Guess being nice does pays off….’]
Act 2b:

Ashley: What does it say mother!?
Ashley: Wait, when is the ball?
Sasha: In 3 days!
Anastina and Ashley: Ahhhhh!!

Cinder: Sasha, can i come?
Cinder: What do i need to do?
Sasha: Life isn’t fair Cinder!

Cinder: [signs] Where’s lucifer?

[Lucifer walks in on the left stage]

Anastina: Wait, lucifer can talk?
Lucifer: Leave! Leave!
Cinder: I will leave
Anastina: Yes! Leave, I want to come with!
Cinder: Okay fine…. Lucifer are you coming?
Lucifer: Of course I am, i don’t want to live with these people……

[All 3 walk off stage to the left]

[Background changes to a new mansion background]
Lucifer: We finally could find a place to live.
Cinder: It’s not bad, and we got a big discount all thanks to my father’s friends…
Lucifer: Yes, and it is fully furnitured!
Anastina: We didn’t bring that much stuff too,
Lucifer: I am still surprised how we got to leave from Sasha and Ashley
Anastina: Ugh we are finally away from Mother! Now i feel bad for ashley…...
Cinder:Yea me too. But cheers! I still wish we could go to the ball.

[Annie pops on stage]

Cinder: What?
Cinder: I wish Anastina, Lucifer, and I may go to the ball…..
Lucifer: What? Anastina! Okay maybe….
Anastina: [Looks at cinder] Please…..
Annie: [Laughs]
Lucifer: CINDER! ANASTINA!!!

[Annie chants]

Cinder: We’re here!
Anastina: Where’s Lucifer?

[C,A, and L walk into the palace]
[Music starts playing]

A: Oh come on!

[Prince walks toward Cinder]

A: Lucifer! Let’s dance.
L: Anastina, I am quite flattered.

Prince: Hello, Cinder is it?
P: It’s okay, just call me jack…
Cinder: Oh well….. Okay
Prince: Would you like to dance?

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108890820/

The Ant and the Grasshopper

by: 21eatonh

This is a project that I did for Tech class. We took a fairy tale and changed it so it had two different endings. Let me know if you enjoyed!

Script:

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

The Setting

A grasshopper and an ant are in a forest.

Grasshopper: Woohoo! Summer! The trees are so pretty!

Ant: Okay. (Starts moving around)

Grasshopper: What are you doing?

Ant: Gathering food for the winter.

Grasshopper: But that’s so far away!

The Moral Decision

The trees are now red and orange

Grasshopper: Yay! It’s fall now!

Ant: Yes it is.

Grasshopper: Are you still gathering food?

Ant: Yes, and you should too.

Grasshopper: I don’t know. Is it really that important? Answer yes or no.

Ask box pops up

If “No”

Grasshopper: Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Ant: You’ll be sorry.

The trees are now bare. Snow is on the ground

Grasshopper: Brrrrrrrr. It’s cold.

Ant: I bet you wish you gathered food.

Grasshopper: Oh, but I have food…

Grasshopper smiles evilly.

Ant: Why are you looking at me like that?

THE END

If “Yes”

Grasshopper: Dang. Well, okay.

Grasshopper: It’s winter. But I have plenty of food.

Ant: Why don’t you eat some of it?

Grasshopper: Good idea

(Grasshopper eats food)

Grasshopper: I don’t feel so good…

(Grasshopper dies)

Ant: I poisoned his food… MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

THE END

Storyboards:

Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108516077/#player

Killer Hubbie's 119

An animation in which a beautiful, though desperate young woman named Marie-Jeanne, is forced to marry an abusive and controlling man Marquis for money, unknowing of his traits. While married to him Marquis leaves for a trip, Marie-Jeanne is ordered to, no matter what, to never venture into a chamber in his mansion. Thus presenting Marie-Jeanne with a choice, should she pursue her curiosity and enter into the room, or continue her submissive attitude towards her husband’s abuse, and follow his orders?

The Bloody Chamber By Angela Carter Script:

-characters: Marie-Jeanne, Marquis, Maid- Collette, Collette’s Brother/Police Officer

-setting: A mansion owned by Marquis. -dialogue and stage directions

Moral Decision - The viewer is going to have to choose whether or not to explore the chamber like Marquis advised her, or to go ahead and open it.

Act 1

*Marie-Jeanne is shopping at the market for fruits, a handsome man approaches her.*

Marquis: Oh Madame! How beautiful you are! I must have you to wife! I am a rich merchant you can support you and I shall treat you like a queen.

Marie-Jeanne: thinking- Though I do not know this man, I am very poor and father is sick. I must find some way to support him, for my job doesn’t pay far enough for his medical care. I fear I may truly have to marry him.

Marie-Jeanne is forced to marry Marquis, though she does not love him. He is over controlling and rude to Marie-Jeanne, but she stays with him for her father.

Marquis: Wife! Come here I must inform you of something of importance.

*Marie-Jeanne enters the room.*

Marquis: I will be departing to New York to meet with some business partners tomorrow. Marie-Jeanne, you are forbidden to enter the corner room on the second floor, no matter what. That room… it is both my oasis and my nightmare.

The following day Marquis left on his business trip.

Marie-Jeanne: thinking- c

Act 2

*Marie-Jeanne enters the forbidden room, and discovers the bodies of his previous wives.*

Marie-Jeanne: *screams* I must do something! I must tell someone at once! I must not become another body in this Bloody Chamber!

*Frantically runs from the Chamber*

Marie-Jeanne: Maid Collette! Maid Collette! You must help me!

*Maid Collette enters.*

Collette: Madame Marie-Jeanne! What is the matter?

Marie-Jeanne: Marquis is a killer! He has murdered his old wives, and kept their bodies in the chamber down the hall! You must help me, I cannot be added to the count of his victims.

Collette: Don’t fret Madame. You have always been so kind to me, as I will surely help you. I have a brother who works as a local officer. Surely he will help us.

Marie-Jeanne: Bless you Collette. Thank you a thousand times.

After three days, Marquis arrives back from his business trip from New York.

Marquis: Marie-Jeanne, I am home! Where are you?

Marie-Jeanne: *offscreen*  I am in the study hall. Come, I must show you something of great importance.

*Marquis enters the Study Hall and discovers Marie-Jeanne, Collette, and a dozen police officers waiting for him there.*

Marquis: Marie-Jeanne! I demand to know who all of these people are!

Collette’s Brother/Police Officer: *handcuffing Marquis* Monsieur Marquis, you are now arrested for the murders of your previous victims. Any further sentences will be decided by a judge.

Thanks to Marie-Jeanne’s curiosity she was able to discover the Bloody Chamber and prevent any other killings done by Marquis. Without her, it is likely many more young women would have died at the hands of Marquis. All of Marquis’ money was left to Marie-Jeanne, allowing her to give her father the medical attention he needed, and ensuring that she live a long and happy life. Because of the help Collette gave Marie-Jeanne, Marie-Jeanne was able to buy her a house and find her a job other than a maid. The two are very close friends to this day.

The End.

Act 1

*Marie-Jeanne is shopping at the market for

fruits, a handsome man approaches her.*

*Marie-Jeanne enters the room.*

Marie-Jeanne: thinking- I must find out more about the man I have married. Though I am not supposed to enter his forbidden room. Should I enter the forbidden room? Or stay away?

Act 2

*Marie-Jeanne does not enter the forbidden room, and decides to leave it alone.*

Marie-Jeanne: I better leave it alone, Marquis did not want to me to enter the room for a reason...

*Marie-Jeanne enters.*

Marie-Jeanne: Hello Marquis.

Marquis: Wife! Do not disturb me for the next two hours as I will be working on important business. I do not want to hear such as a peep from you. However, when those two hours are up exactly, I was you specifically to bring me a cup of tea up to my room. It must be you, not a maid. Do you understand?

Marie-Jeanne: Yes, Marquis.

*Two Hours Later*

*Marie-Jeanne holding tea goes to Marquis’ room.*

Marie-Jeanne: Marquis, I have here your cup of tea. *horrified* *offscreen* What are you doing with that knife? Marquis? AHHH. NOOOO.

In the room Marie-Jeanne was ordered not to go into laid the dead bodies of Marquis’ previous wives. Unfortunately, by deciding to push away her curiosity and not venture into the chamber, Marie-Jeanne was unaware of this and added to Marquis’  victim count. Marquis continued his vicious crimes for two more years, until Collette the Maid stumbled into the chamber and discovered the bodies upon accident. She reported her findings, and had  Marquis sentenced to a life in prison. The case of his crimes has been nicknamed The Bloody Chamber, due to where the bodies were found. Upon hearing the news of Marie-Jeanne’s death, her father though ill, wound up dying of a broken heart.

The End.

Unit 3 Project Act 1

Unit 3 Project Act 2

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108515520/

Scratch Animation Unit 3 Project The Ass and the Lapdog by Aesop

The Scratch animation The Ass and the Lapdog shows how the decision that feels right actually doesn't benefit you, and the right decision that many who like to take action will not choose is actually the better choice to choose. The scratch animation shows how Donkey is not happy because the lapdog gets more attention than he does. The moral decision is whether to do what feels right or to do the right thing. Enjoy!

The Fountain of Youth

by: 21miuk

This is my project for technology class. We had to choose a fairy tale/folktale that taught a lesson from the protagonist’s moral or ethical decision and make and animation with this to also teach scratch viewers. I used an old japanese fairy tale called “The Fountain of Youth” by unkown but found on wikipedia. The story was short so I had to add more dialogue, characters, settings, and details. The process of creating this mainly contains writing a script, creating two storyboards, and developing an interactive scratch animation.

In the fairy tale, the main character, renamed Kendall, makes a decision whether she should be greedy or not. Her husband, renamed Philip, is working one day and crosses a spring that he drinks from and turns him youthful. He comes home telling Kendall and tells her to try some. On the walk to the fountain, Kendall thinks about the compliments she would get. In the original story, she is greedy which consequently led her a baby. However, the alternative ending has Kendall know that that is the wrong thing to do and she is just the right amount of youth. The viewer can choose to either have Kendall be eager to drink from the stream for attention or she can just drink enough to be a little young. This was the process of making my final project:

My Script

Act 1

Kendall (Woman/wife): The protagonists who makes the moral decision. She can choose either to be prideful and greedy for compliments and beauty or she can chose to control herself

Philip (Man/husband): This character influences and tells the protagonists about the fountain of youth.

Setting: In the woods where Philip cuts wood.

Philip: [uses ax and is working hard to cut down the tree][sweating]

[time passes as he still cutting wood]

Philip:[thinks][frustrated] When is this tree going to fall down? [keeps cutting wood and is taking forever]

Philip:[thinks] I’m so thirsty. [walks around to look for water]Where’s water?[spots the spring] Oh, there is water. Thank God!

[Philip walks out of the stage to his right]

Setting: At the spring where Philip drinks water.

Philip: Hopefully this water is clean.

Philip: [bends down on one knee and uses his hands to cup the water] Slurp!

Philip: Refreshing! [looks up to see his reflection and how he looks so youthful] Wow! I look so young! [jumps up in joy and runs home]

[Philip runs out of the stage to his left]

Setting: Inside Philip’s and Kendall’s home.

[Philip runs into the room through the left]

Kendall:[stunned] Whoa! Philip! You are so young. And your are back home so early!

Philip: I know! Today I was working near this spring that I took a drink out of and it made me young again!

Kendall: What?!?!

Philip: Crazy right? But it’s true.

Kendall: Uh huh...

Philip: You need to try some! A young husband needs to have a young wife.

Kendall: Ok, but stay here and watch the house.

Philip: Fine.

[Kendall walks out through the left]

Setting: Into the forest leading to the spring.

[Kendall walks in through the left]

Kendall: [thinks] This could make me prettier than all the other women. They would be so jealous of me. I could be so young and beautiful. But, I have also been taught not to boast in what I have.

Moral Decision: Kendall can choose to either continue her desire to be praised for her appearance if turned young again or she can just drink enough to be as young as her husband. [On scratch, The viewer must type “p” for “prettier than the rest” for Kendall to be greedy for compliments and youth so she can brag. They could also type “j” for “just enough” on the animation for Kendall to not think about showing off her youth but just enough youth to compliment her husband’s youth.

Act 2 a

Kendall decides that she doesn't care about what she has been taught and eagerly wants to be youthful again. She is greedy for compliments and she ran to the spring. She drank as much water as she could and kept thinking about how pretty she would look. After a couple big gulps, Kendall turned into a baby. Philip is worried because Kendall has taken so long to come back. When he reaches the spring, he finds Kendall as a baby and is so sad. He cries his way back home and thinks about how he has to care for her and how he has to make all their income if Kendall can not weave.

Script:

Kendall: [thinks][chuckled] Haha...why would I not boast about my youth and beauty? I could get back at Mia for always telling me about winning those cooking competitions or Emma who always tries to hint at me that makes more money. Oh, the attention I would get. I need to get to the spring!

[Kendall runs out through the left]

Setting: At the spring where Kendall drinks water.

Kendall: The spring! [bends down on one knee and uses his hands to cup the water][excitedly gulps in big amounts of water] Slurp!

Kendall: [looks at her reflection in the mirror] Not enough! [continues drinking the water] I need to be beautiful!

Kendall: Slurp! [continues to drink water until turned into a baby] [tears up]

Philip: [thinks] Hmmm...why is Kendall taking so long? I should go check on her.

[Philip leaves through the left]

[Philip runs from the left of the forest to the right]

Philip: I hope she is alright. I hope I did it was a mistake about telling her about the spring.

Setting:At the spring where Kendall and Philip drank from.

[Philip walks in through the left]

Philip:[stunned][bends down on the floor] Oh, Kendall. No. [cries tears and slowly picks up baby Kendall] Why?!?!

Philip:[gets up] Why did I tell you about this fountain? You were to greedy and wanted attention. [cries]

Philip: [stands up] Oh no. We have a big issue. How am I going to take care of you while working for both of us? [cries some more] If you can’t weave, then we lost half of our income. Oh no…

[Philip walks out from the left sadly]

Setting: In the forest leading to the spring.

[Philip walks in from the right and Mia and Emma come in as well.]

Mia: Whoa! You have a baby?!?!

Philip: No, Kendall accidentally drank too much from the fountain of youth.

Mia: Yea… such an accident. What a selfish woman to want to look so pretty. Cooking makes me young.

Emma: Yea. She is terrible. Kendall probably wanted attention because I make more money.

Philip: Shut up.

Act 2 b

After second thoughts, Kendall decides that she should not brag about her youth and beauty when she drinks from the fountain. She realizes that she is already very lucky. Kendall finds the spring and drinks enough to make her a bit younger, as young as Philip. When she gets back to her village, everyone is in awe of her beauty. She and Philip again do things that the used to not be able to do. Kendall can weave two times faster and Philip can chop wood twice as fast. This leads them to becoming more successful. They did many things that they could not do before. They live very happily.

Script:

Kendall: [thinks][smiles] You know what? I should not boast to other women about my beauty. I should just drink enough of the water to look as young as my husband but not too young. It would be wrong of me to use that for compliments I can not even believe I thought of doing that.

[Kendall walks out through the left]

Kendall: Wow! It looks like a regular spring [bends down on one knee and uses his hands to cup the water][gulps in a little amount of water] Slurp!

Kendall:[looks at her reflection in the mirror] Whoa! I do look younger. Just a little more will do. [drinks a bit more of water]

Kendall:[picks head up and looks at herself through the reflection on the water] I look so much younger, just enough to compliment Philip’s youth. [smiles][gets up]

[Kendall walks out to her left]

[Kendall walks in through the right]

[Amelia, John, Mia, Emma, Simon appear on stage]

Amelia: [excited] Wow Kendall! You look so young and beautiful!

John: Yea!

Kendall: Thanks!

Mia:[snobbish] Um...how did you become so young?

Emma:[snobbier]Yea how?

Kendall:[ignores Mia and Emma][thinks] Rude.

Kendall: Anyways I have to get going now. Bye! Thanks guys.

Simon: Bye! Tell Philip I said “hi”.

Kendall: Ok. [similes]

Amelia: Bye!

John: Bye.

[Kendall walks out through the left]

Setting:Inside Philip’s and Kendall’s home.

[Kendall walks in through the left]

Kendall: It worked! And our neighbors loved it. Oh and Simon said “hi”.

Philip: [surprised]Oh wow! You look so gorgeous and just the right amount of youth. Imagine you came back as a baby. [chuckles]

Kendall: [chuckles]

My Storyboards

Image-Pack-unit-3-project-act-1.png

Image-Pack-unknown-story.png

Link to my animaton:

<https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108746184/>

My animation

Unit 3 final project: Snow White, adaption of the origional Brothers Grim version.

by: 21chene

This is my tech unit 3 project. copy and paste the following url to see my version of Snow White. Will she eat the apple? The choice it yours!

url:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108355691/

LIttle Red Riding Hood

by: 21lij
LIttle Red Riding Hood

What I created on Scratch is an interactive story where you can choose what the main character ,the wolf decides. In the scratch you are presented with two choices, one is to go to grandmas and get more food, and two is to be content with what you were given by Red. An in the end you will see the consequences and rewards for your actions. This is interactive because it lets the viewer to choose what to do. Instead of just a story the viewer sees. The make their own path in the story and create their own mischief and get their own rewards. This interactive story in the end shows two results that are simple morals. Either you get rewards for good deeds. Or get punishments for you bad ones.

Act 1:

Little Red Riding Hood

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/perrault.html  (Charles Perrault)

Characters:

Little read Riding hood

The wolf

Hunter

Setting:

In a Forest, with many trees, and In the Morning.

Script:

Stomach grumbles.

Wolf: I am really hungry.

Wolf sees Red.

Red: Oh hello.

Wolf: where do you live where are you going?

Red: To my grandmas over the mountain and past the trees.

Red looks at her basket.

Red: you seem hungry. I have a little extra do you want some.

Wolf: Of course.

Wolf eats it in a second.

Wolf: Delicious!

Red: It’s homemade, I made it myself.

And races off into the distance.

Wolf: Can I have some more?

Red: Sorry. They are for my Grandma.

Wolf: Thank you, bye!

Wolf runs away.

Red: Bye, and you are very welcome!

What to do?

a) just be content with what you have?

b) Go to her Grandma's house and eat everything

c) pick A or b

Moral Decision: The wolf has to decide to be good and not do bad deeds. To eat Red’s family or to let them live. However the wolf was greedy and Little Red shares an tells the wolf things. But because of his greed and Karma. He falls down a cliff. Or he gets killed by accident from a hunter shooting.

Act 2 A

Little red tells the wolf what happens an even shares her food.The wolf goes and finds Grandma’s house and eats her. But the Huntsman saw this and open the wolf up.

Characters:

Red

Wolf

Huntsman

Grandma

Setting:

In the Forest by the mountains. With the good summer breeze.

Dialogue:

*Wolf runs to Grandma’s house.

Knock knock

Grandma: Oh my. Is that you red?

Wolf: Why of course.

Huntsman: Wait is that's not Red. I’ve helped Granny. An I know that's not Red.

*Runs to the wolf and beats him up.  

Grandma: Oh my!.

Then the wolf vomits the three little pigs

Pigs: Brothers we are free!

*Pigs jump around in joy. And Red finally gets there.

Red: Did something happen?

*wolf lays dead on the ground.

Wolf: I hate karma.

Huntsman: Nothing really. Just a thug trying to eat Grandma.

The end.

Act 2 B:

Little red tells the wolf what happens an even shares her food. And since the wolf has had his fill. He doesn’t bother Red anymore. An goes off in his own business

Characters:

Towns person

Wolf

Setting:

Dialogue:

Wolf: I am so happy.

See’s a small town

Town person: Hello there.

Wolf:Hello there

Towns people: We are having a festival.

Wolf: really?

Towns person: yeah and do you want to go to the food eating contest.

Wolf: YEEEAAAAHHH!!!!

And the wolf eats all and wins the contest

With a full stomach and a blue ribbon.

Wolf: Yes! Whoooooo!

Towns people: Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

The end.

https://www.storyboardthat.com/portal/storyboards/21lij/classroom-shared/little-red-riding-hood

https://www.storyboardthat.com/portal/storyboards/21lij/classroom-shared/act-2-project-unit-3