All news in Argument

Animal Testing Argument

Luke Hinterman
Dawn Reed
Expository
November 6
Animal Testing
As history shows man has endured and overcome many diseases and illnesses. These diseases have killed many people and caused many to suffer. Most of these diseases have been cured do to man's medical research. Medical research has improved people’s lives along with increased life expectancy greatly. These medical breakthroughs have helped mankind in many ways, but in order to achieve these advances in medicine many animals suffered through testing. The practice of using animals such as rats, mice, fish, and birds to experiments have been debated for decades. Many people for animal testing state develops medical research and are against it argue animal testing is inhumane. There are many different pros and cons to animal testing itself.
Animal testing has been around since 500 B.C, ancient times, when Aristotle was around. We wouldn’t be alive today if it weren’t for the advances in the medical field from testing on animals. There is no doubt that testing on living animals is cruel, but it is necessary. Over the centuries many people have examined alternative means to animal testing but have found none as efficient. Although animal testing is cruel, it is needed to develop and experiment with different forms of treatment, protects the safety of people, animals and the environment, to advance scientific understanding, advance the medical field, and lessens human-based experiments.
Without animal research, the medical field would be nowhere as experienced as it is today. Through many researches, the medical practitioners have been able to test the safety of drugs and develop new medicines to cure illnesses and diseases that have not only helped humans and the environment, but animals themselves. According to the US-based Foundation for Biomedical Research, “Animal research has played a vital role in virtually every major medical advance of the last century - for both human and veterinary health. From antibiotics to blood transfusions, from dialysis to organ transplantation, from vaccinations to chemotherapy, bypass surgery and joint replacement, practically every present-day protocol for the prevention, treatment, cure and control of disease, pain and suffering is based on knowledge attained through research with lab animals.” (Pro test,1) If vaccines weren’t tested on animals, many animals would have died from diseases such as rabies, hepatitis, and many other deadly viruses. Other positives of animal testing include; some cosmetics and healthcare products must be tested on animals to ensure their safety, animal testing is also an alternative to human testing, a n animal’s lifespan is short, relatively few animals are used in research compared to how many we eat per year, and those used in testing are treated with care.
Those against animal testing argue it is inhumane and cruel, and argue alternatives to animal testing must be used. Although it may not seem like experiments are used fairly on animals, there are certain procedures that scientists must follow. Animal researchers treat animals humanely, both for the animals' sake and to ensure reliable test results. Scientists are required to use the principles called the ‘three R’s. The ‘three R’s of animal research include; “Replace the use of animals with alternative techniques, or avoid the use of animals altogether. Reduce the number of animals used to a minimum, to obtain information from fewer animals or more information from the same number of animals. And refine the way experiments are carried out, to make sure animals suffer as little as possible. This includes better housing and improvements to procedures which minimise pain and suffering and/or improve animal welfare.”(understanding, pg2). Also laws such as the Animal Welfare Act are put into place to protect animals from mistreatment. Although it is argued that there are alternatives to animal testing, there are no more efficient ones expect testing on humans (which isn’t legal). The genetic structure of humans is very complex and the only other form of testing to humans is animals. We share 95% of our genes with a mouse, making them an effective model for the human body. To take away animal research would devastate the lives of humans and animals alike. We wouldn’t survive without these medical discoveries found in animal research. Former UK Home Office minister Joan Ryan did an great job of explaining why it is vital; “Animal research and testing has played a part in almost every medical breakthrough of the last century. It has saved hundreds of millions of lives worldwide...”
In conclusion, animal testing is extremely useful for medical advances, and for the safety of humans, animals, and environment as a whole. Although it is cruel there are no better alternatives. We all hope for a day when animal research is no longer needed, but until then it is vital.

“Animal Testing - ProCon.org.” Should Animals Be Used for Scientific or Commercial Testing?, Pro Con.org, 2 Nov. 2016, animal-testing.procon.org/.
Pro-Test. “BENEFITS.” Pro-Test: Standing up for Science, Pro Test, 7 Oct. 2012,
“Procedures on Animals.” The Three Rs | Understanding Animal Research, Understanding Animal Research, Mar. 2011, www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/how/three-rs/.

How Should We Look at History in Today's World

Just a plain white page because there isn't a good pic for this

About a month ago my YouTube was fulfilled with this ad of some sort of film called Baker Street. I'm not sure with the name though but the first line was this woman shouting: "The holocaust is real, it's a fact."
I was very annoyed by it.
There is a reason for it and I know, therefore you should better know that some strong language is going to be used. No swear word, I promise.

>>>This article might trigger some people. Please think over your decision before you read.>>>

I'm not denying the holocaust. I know clearly that it happened and how it happened and the result of those things and so on. Yes, it is real and it is a fact, but this doesn't give us the right to blame it eighty years later.
Some people know that I'm personally a writer and I do write about wars. The ones in sci-fi world isn't different with the ones in the real world or in the past at all. Plus I'm a student in AP World History. In that class there is one motto called "there are multiple histories". Yes there are multiple histories but this motto has a second part.
The winner of a war can erase anything it doesn't want the world to know.
The history isn't written by individual minds--it's something that can be controlled--if I want to continue this it can go very dark but that's the one thing that writing about futuristic warfare told me. There is nothing more than what they want to let us know coming out in the world and some of the truth went under the debris of history and never come back. I'm not saying that WW2 Allies is twisting the history but there is something that we're not sure about in this world and it gives us no right to pull out the holocaust again and recite it upon the hate for whatever happened there eighty years ago. The history is unknown and we can not try to remake it in this modern view of good and evil. What we know in this world is certain but what happened is not.

Not saying that we should forget it, we're not forgetting anything. We won't forget, but it's the time to put it down a bit. It's a glimpse in the river flow of time and when it happens, it's a fact and you can't overturn it simply by blaming everything. It has no use of what that has already fixed in the history. You don't use ancestors' fault to blame the modern people just like you can't protest Black Lives Matter by saying that there was slavery in the 1800s. It's nonsense.

It never occur to me that I'm going to say this in my life, but,
We're not forgetting history. We only need to accept it peacefully.

Hi everyone this is the Movie Destroyer, and I have concerns for myself that why I call myself the movie destroyer but actually doing politics and those kind of talks. It's because that I can't change my username. But *sigh* whatever.
01. NOV. 2016

Source/ Credits:
http://www.toofufu.com/
My own mind.

"Do You Want to Build A Wall?"

Oh hi there, here is the Movie Destroyer. Yes, I'm back.
Recently I'm feeling that I'm becoming more political because apparently, the election is right behind the corner and I, someone who doesn't meet the voting requirement, is sitting in front of my computer, and trying to pull something out from all the voices from the political domain and just, standing in a middle ground, give you all something about my view on the election.
Note: I'm not a Trump supporter nor a Hillary supporter.
Also, the Movie Destroyer rule #1:
No one asked you to read this. If you think that I sucks, just don't read this.
Trump Pro:
Trump is someone who is more of a financial leader. He was a businessman and he knows how to take US to a wealthier road.
His men are wiser.
He wants to build a wall, which can provide jobs.
Trump Con:
He is both aggressive toward others and racist.
He wants to build a wall, which is stupid, inefficient and will cost a ton of money.
Hillary Pro:
She can help women gain more rights.
She is not aggressive or racist.
Hillary Con:
She isn't a good leader.
Her men are very stupid and aggressive.

Donald Trump in a nutshell: Obamacare is stupid, Hillary is stupid, I'm the only smart guy.
I was watching the debates recently, I didn't watch the first one though, since I have a ton of hw that day, but I watched the second, and I was impressed. NEGATIVELY.
I was watching Trump saying that everyone is equal, that he respects everyone... Yet he showed NO respect to the hosts, the audiences and Hillary Clinton. Did you find that he was trying to change the topic all the time? He didn't even answer his questions. After every single question was posed, he avoid them and turned to blame Hillary. And I was like "what the heck?" He literally blamed everything on Hillary and the hosts. Quote "This is a one-to-three debate!"
I mean, seriously, does he have a problem? He assault women and try to avoid talking about it. Okay, I know that Hillary is definitely lying about her mails, but at least she didn't blame that on Trump, did she???
Trump was super aggressive that night, and honestly, I didn't hear anything important. He sent useless air vibration into my earhole for like a whole hour and so and I was trying to not pay too much attention.
So much for Trump.
Hillary Clinton in a nutshell: International Liar
Look at her fake smile and you know that she is lying all the time. Politicians lie, I admit, but well, she did too much. There is that problem of everyone knows that she is lying but we're like "meh, just let her be" and so that the mail stuff just stays here.
Everything in a nutshell:
Trump shouted to the hosts: "Why do you target me? Why do you want to talk about my video but not her mails? That's #(number) of mails! Why don't you let her respond that problem???"
Wow, Trump. Nice job letting people give up on you.

Choose wisely on your vote
Help your parents choose the right vote
I'm standing on a middle ground, those are just some facts that I want to state.

The Movie Destroyer
I'm doing Suicide Squad this month and Doctor Strange next month. Stay tuned for more updates.

A message for students:

1. Bullies don't reason with you, and they don't reason with teacher either. A teacher's talk to them means nothing, they won't stop. You folks know that they're stupid so why pay attention to them? They're just trying to get attention, and if everyone ignores them, they can't find fun in bullying. So just think that they're brainless organisms whose words are nothing but waste.
2. STOP LABELING YOURSELF WITH COLORS! WE'RE NOT RACIST! SOME PEOPLE STARTED THOSE!!! If you don't say those words in videos and something else, no one will think about that! You guys started it and say that we need to stop? That doesn't make sense! Come on. You guys know that I'm not from here, right?
PS, OHS BSU, my humble advise--change a name.

The Power of Believing

Hope, love, courage, strength-- to me “believe” is the embodiment of all of these combined. Growing up my mom filled our house with countless signs bearing that word. For a long time, I didn’t appreciate or understand the word; I just thought my mom had a perpetual obsession with it. I had seen the phrase, “Believe in the magic of Christmas,” and while it is a great message (don’t get me wrong, I love the magic of Christmas), “believe” also goes so far beyond that.

There are challenges in life that are so difficult that the only option left is to believe. For me, that challenge was the health problems I experienced my junior year of high school. There were many days I felt stuck. I felt like I would never feel healthy again; I felt like I would never receive the surgery I needed. I had no control over the speed of those things, so the only thing I could do was believe that I would be okay again. The one thing in life that you can control is yourself, and how you choose to respond to situations. In those circumstances, it was my mom that taught me that, and she was right. When I could do nothing else, I believed.

Now when I see those signs in my house, I’m reminded of the power of the word “believe.” It was that word that helped me through nine treacherous months of pain before my surgery. “Believe” is not just a word, it’s a reminder of how to live life in the fullest and most positive way. I think that word could make a big difference in our world.

Dear Mr./Mrs. President

by: jordanh18

Dear Mr./Mrs. President
I think the most important issue we need to address for the new president is police brutality because it’s happening more and more often. But the government hasn’t done anything about it. I think police brutality has been going on for along time but no one has been documented it. I think once more the people get involved, the government will get involved too. The government has said they will out camera on the police and see what they are doing is right or wrong. But I don’t know if that will work because the police could just turn it off and lie saying it wasn’t working right. I think there is a lot of problems with that.

A Life and Death Situation

by: Allsup

To the Next President,

Vaccinations should be required by law in all public schools because they are effective, they are safe, and they protect Americans from easily preventable deaths and diseases. 26 states in the U.S are below the government mark of 95% coverage for the MMR vaccine. That’s too many states. These diseases that people are still dying from are avoidable and preventable. There is no reason why on average 5,000 people die each year from Hepatitis B. Or why 40,000 people on average die from influenza each year just in the United States. Something needs to be done.

The first step is requiring all students who go to public schools to be fully immunized. This included all doses of every vaccine, on the normal schedule, that the student is medically able to receive. Currently, all states except West Virginia and Mississippi allow some form of exemption whether it be religious or philosophical. West Virginia and Mississippi only allow medical exemptions. This is how it should be for all states in America.

There are some children who are allergic to the ingredients in vaccines or they are unable to receive them for some other medical reason. This makes vaccines even more crucial for America, those children can be protected through herd immunity. If all Americans were vaccinated the chance of the children who are medically unable to get vaccinated getting a disease is virtually nonexistent. But the way it is now a child who is unvaccinated due to medical reason is very susceptible to getting a disease because not enough people are vaccinated in the United States.

If I fully understand that parents are worried about vaccines causing side effects or giving their child autism. And there are some parents who don't think they have to vaccinate because they believe those diseases are not even around in this day and age. There has only ever been one study that claimed that vaccines, specifically the MMR vaccine, causes autism.This single study was later retracted and the man who wrote it lost his medical license because he admitted to the entire study being fraudulent.

On the other hand, there are thousands of studies by credible doctors all around the world showing that vaccines do not cause autism in any way shape or form. But the damage is done. Millions of parents read that fraudulent data that was published and will forever be turned away from vaccinating their children. But is doesn't have to be that way if public schools would require all children to be vaccinated unless they have a doctor's medical exemption. It is understandable why current parents don't think that vaccine-preventable diseases are even around anymore because they were not part of the generation who watched loved ones and friends get crippled by polio or die because of whooping cough. But they are still around.

In 2015 there was a measles outbreak at Disneyland that had over 59 reported cases. 34 out of the 59 patients vaccination status was known and 28 of those people were not vaccinated at all, one was partially vaccinated and only 5 were fully vaccinated. There was also a 2014 measles outbreak that had 644 reported cases. And a 2009 mumps break out that spread through Brooklyn, New Jersey, and upstate New York and infected 303 people. These diseases are still around, and all it takes it, one unvaccinated person, to spread it, or one airplane ride to bring back diseases that we thought was virtually nonexistent in the United States. We as Americans need to take the precautionary measures to protect ourselves.

It has been proven time and time again that vaccines are safe and effective. Many credible sources such as the Center for Disease Control, the Department of Health and Human Services, the American Academy of Pediatrics an organization that is backed by 60,000 pediatricians, and much more have said vaccines are safe and effective. This idea of mandatory vaccination may seem unconstitutional, but in the eyes of the Supreme Court, it isn't. The Mississippi Supreme Court wrote a strongly worded letter saying, “ it is mandated by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution that innocent children, too young to decide for themselves, are to be denied the protection against crippling and death that immunization provides because of a religious belief adhered to by a parent or parents?”

They go on to say that, “the First Amendment right to religious freedom does not include liberty to expose the community or the child to communicable disease or the latter to ill-health or death.” They also added that “the law compelling vaccination is neutral, meaning that it applies to everyone and doesn't specifically target a particular religion so no constitutional violation occurred.” The health and wellbeing of children and all Americans is far more important than upholding their parent's religious freedom in this specific case. These deaths are so easily avoidable, yet children are still dying or having lifelong effects from these diseases because their parents are exercising their religious freedom. We have to ask ourselves in this case, what is more, important the health of our nation, and especially children or religious freedom of the child’s parents?

This is a life or death situation that holds the power to be changed. Vaccinations will improve the well-being or America immensely. They will save innocent children's lives and prevent diseases for everyone. There is no reason why one kindergartener who is vaccinated should have to run the risk of catching a life-threatening disease because their classmates' parents don't believe in vaccination.

Children, adults, teachers, grandparents, need to be protected from these illnesses. And the first step to that is requiring all students who are medically able to receive full immunization when they enter the schooling system. Vaccines don't target one religion, they are a neutral substance made to help people. The medical advancement of vaccination is a gift and people are not utilizing this gift and it is causing sickness across America and the world. If we make immunization a law the United States overall health and well being will go up and preventable deaths will go down. People need vaccinations.

-Jessica Allsup

Dear Matthew

Dear Matthew

I am proud with your essay “Gary Lies "Because I loved the way you explain Gary life and when the was in school and details about the chapter.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Gary goes to church with Rick and Debra, sometimes. After a month or so Rick and Debra stop going to church every day.”I think it is a strong sentence is because when I was little I loved going to church and while I was going up I never went back to church.

Another sentence that I loved was “What I've noticed about Gary in this chapter is that he lies. He lies because Gary doesn’t go to church every Sunday.”This stood out for me because lying is not good choice to get away with thing like lying about coming home late or when you have a fight with your brother or sister and lie about who started.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing why you write next, Because your writing is very interesting about the things you say in your essay.

Dear Raleek

Dear Raleek

I am happy about you essay, “Bad Boy Gary”because the explain about the first chapter of living up the streets.You also explain that the was not a good kid when he was younger like 10 or 11.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “The issues that keep coming up are that they are terrible kids and they have no home training so they don't listen to they parents and they bully other people around the street.”I think this is a strong sentence is because you said that gary and his friends and his brother and sister was bad kids in Fresno and that Gary and his friend was throwing eggs and and i think rocks at cars.

Another sentence that I liked was “This might leave a reader feeling confused because they probably thinking about how the little kids get up to do grown ups chores, but they're not in school.”This stood out for me because it is true how can they do grown up chores and they do not go to school.

Thanks for writing.I look forward to seeing why you write next,Because your writing is very interesting about the things you say in your essay.

Dear Damian

Dear Damian

I am proud with your essay “Living with Catholics”because I loved the way you explain about Gary Soto live.What he was doing in his live.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “In Living Up The Street Gary Soto talks about his life as a boy and his family and how they lived on Bradley Street.”I think this is a strong sentence because you explain what the book was about.Also I loved when you said that the book was about his life as a kid.

Another sentence that I felt sad was “ he was getting bullied by other student in that school.”This stood out for me because i felt really bad for Gary because the was getting bullied in school and i know it feels.

Your essay reminds me of something that happen to me.One time when I was in school i was getting bullied by other people saying that Ilooked ugly.That I was a bady and that I was stuid but in the end,I did not listen to them.I know that I was smart.I was not a bady and I was not ugly.

Thank you for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next ,because i am proud of you and your writing so yea kept doing the right things.

The sad little dog

In chapter 20 of the book “Living up the street”and it was about one of his friends dog in the first and second sentence of the book. When the owner gave the dog some food the dog started to cry.While Gary and his two best friends was watching TV the light turn off and they had to tell funny jokes.

The 20 chapters of The Living Up The Street by Gary Soto might leave a reader feeling,sad because

We learn something interesting about one on the character's,Dianne on page 157 “We told jokes—or more accurately—I told jokes and Ernesto and Dianne made sounds that could be considered laughter" This is typical of how this character acts in this book, so far.She often seems to be Dianne just love to laugh to funny jokes.I would laugh like that with my friends to and you can know about a person is by the laugh.

After this part of the book, most readers probably will not be looking forward to reading the rest of this book because it is just so boring i am just kidding it just that it is not that good because book i like to read is they are good has actions and this book does not have any action.What's probably going to happen next is that the owner would let the dog out of the bathroom