All news in Video Conversations

Archetypes

by: AEB_19

Yoda from Star Wars fulfills the archetype of the wise old man. Star Wars is a movie and comic book series in which two sides fight against each other throughout the galaxy. Yoda qualifies for this archetype because he gives people guidance and knowledge to younger people. I think Yoda is like the man pushing the cart in O Brother, Where Art Thou because he is old and gives knowledge to people.

Suicide Prevention

External video: 

See video

Suicide Prevention is well explained in this video. Around 150,000 Americans suicide every year. Around 23 million people suicide every year on the earth. This video clearly explains how to prevent and give advice if someone is planning to suicide.

THANKS FOR WATCHING!

- Harsha Ajjarapu

citations for images:
http://www.northernbroadcasting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/sadddd.jpg
http://img.medscape.com/thumbnail_library/is_150811_suicide_800x600.jpg
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/2015/11/05/WEL_Rosin_TeenSu...

Trump Meme YouceVoices Live

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS PERSONAL POLITICAL VIEWS
I made this meme about Trump. Actually it's a parody of some Trump Hitler pictures which you can find on Google. Since we have the Trump hair cliché, I caught that. Read it as heil Trump--remember the heil Hitler stuff? I assume that hair has a "near" pronounce as that... right?

who i admire

by: faguilar1
globe

External video: 

See video

MY brother show me u can love any type of music. ROCK,POP,Rap and etc, he showed me how to sing not really but

practices my vocals. TO Better improve, the first song i ever listen too that i understand was feel so close to by

calvin harris . i STill have that song to this day, i been writing my own music and poems and my bro revise it for

me. I Show him how to play guitar giving him little of chords to practices. he helps me and i help him too .

plus he has been there for me when i was in need of guides des.this my big bro juan aguilar

Why Do People Have To Struggle To Live Video Treatment

by: aruiz

The reason I am interested in this topic is because people have that one time or day that everybody struggles in their lives and the reason why they struggle and how they deal with it are interesting.

To learn more about: my topic, I did some online research and found this article: Poverty (Simple Wikipedia) In this article I learned that sometimes it's not people that are poor it’s society that makes it hard for them to do thing like getting clothes, shelter, and also food.

In the same article I also learned that in factories made production goods increasingly less expensive and more accessible. Of more importance is the modernization of agriculture, such as fertilizers, to provide enough yield to feed the population.[4] Responding to basic needs can be restricted by constraints on government's ability to deliver services, such as corruption, tax avoidance, debt and loan conditions and by the brain drain of health care and educational professionals. Strategies of increasing income to make basic needs more affordable typically include welfare, economic freedoms and providing financial services.

In another article, 4 in 5 in USA face near-poverty, no work
"Four out of 5 U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near-poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream."

For my video I interviewed Ms. Julissa. One thing Ms. Julissa said in the interview that was surprising was that she wouldn't spend her money on cool stuff she'll spend it on stuff that she really need and be responsible with her money. One thing that Julissa said in the interview that I agreed with was that the people that she know that struggle in their lives were her parents and how they struggle with their bills.

All of this makes me think that everybody struggles once in their lives and it's hard to deal with it.

Discussion on fairness and equality #2

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

Discussions on Fairness and Equality #2

Eric gave his final decision on this story. Last time he didn't know the whole story. Now I explained him the story and he gave his final decision.

Here's the link for last time story:

Discussions on Fairness and Equality #1

#1 Recording in here:
http://youthvoices.net/discussion/discussions-fairness-and-equality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looping about "Why people are treated unfairly in the Bronx"

by: kchisholm

You can download the video here.

My question is why in different locations is there different customer service, change in scenery. For example, I currently live in the Bronx, New York and it would be very rare for you to see people smiling or finding restaurants that are actually sanitary. I feel like, based on the location we are in, they treat us however they want.

The main problem is the names and the labels such as "the hood." I feel like this is the big deal, being the fact that we are located in "the hood." When it comes to mind you automatically think of violence, drug use, lack or respect, and so on. With that said, being the fact that we know that's how outsiders think of us, and because that's what they think of us, we are upset and we show our anger by showing lack or respect and high temper with anyone and everything.

If this issue of how we are treated in the Bronx and what we think of ourselves were a math problem, it might be (4)= 1-(5). This problem stands for all five boroughs, all five boroughs are okay except the Bronx. If these issues were a magazine article, it would be about the lack of care. See my video (above).
Makes me wish J. Cole write about the Bronx the way he has about Ferguson or something.

Yana: I’m sick of the Bronx. It’s disgusting.
Samuel: Are you kidding? The Bronx is better than any other place!
Yana: Ugh, no way. I’ve been in better boroughs. How can you love a place like this, so dirty and run down?
Samuel: With the fact that the Bronx has a lot of history. There’s a lot to love. Hip hop was born in the Bronx. And did you know that Salsa was born in the ballrooms of the Bronx?

My questions

Why are people in the Bronx are treated poorly?
How come different parts or New York look different?
How come out of all five boroughs in New York City, the Bronx is the most unemployed?.
Why is the Bronx labeled as "the hood?"
What are certain parts are considered "high class," and what are the characteristics?
How come students is dropping out of school more?
Do you think the officials specifically treat the Bronx a certain way?
Are people in the Bronx comfortable?
What is the common ethnic makeup of the Bronx?
Why don’t we redesign the buildings?

What do you think?