All news in Gaming and New Media

Doctor Who's Hub Fun

by: 20wongf

When I worked on the project I tried to make sure that the project was better to understand, but since there were so many scripts it was so difficult for me to be able to have the ability to make my group animation understandable. Since there were so many broadcasts it was confusing to determine how to connect the game together. In the individual projects I thought that the games were extremely interesting to play, but as I tried to connect the game, there were too many scripts which caused the game to malfunction and cause other sprites to appear in other games that weren't supposed to include specific sprites. Project Plan: Chrome: The sound effects will allow the gamer to be more enthusiastic to keep persisting in reaching the highest level they can. The graphics will grab the player’s attention and allow them to be more lively when playing the game. Levels: My world would be an undersea place without any levels and there would just be lives. Obstacles: As you answer the first question correctly you will move on to the next level where there will be a shark then an octopus who will stop you from obtaining the tardis piece. Bosses: The boss will be sea animals trying to disturb the process of the ball's movement. Puzzles: The questions will pop up in the form of a question when the ball touches the floor. Leveling up: The player can choose which world they would like to enter first and can go to each world at any time. Once they have completed all levels they then may enter the last level. Developer's Logs: FRANKLIN’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 6/1/15 Time: 3: 30 Location: Home Franklin: I tried to make revisions for the project and make sure that it seemed the best it could be, but there is a glitch on the project causing it to malfunction making it difficult to understand the game and the contents it holds. In addition to that, there are some people who have not uploaded their project to the scratch website. Date: 5/ 28/15 Time: 5: 20 Location: Home Franklin: I worked on my project and I realized that there were some parts of the project that caused a glitch in my project so I decided to fix it up, but there were still some glitches in my project. I tried to fix it up, but it didn’t work so thats why it may be different from what is described in my plan. In addition to that the group project is different because it is complex because of the barrage of scripts that the projects involve. Date: 6/ 1/ 15 Time: 9: 08 Location: Home Franklin: I try to continue working, but there are still problems with the project and I am trying to connect the project making sure that it made sense, but it is starting to get late so I will need one of my group members to continue working on the project so that we will have a project that will start to make sense. JULIE’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 6/1/15 Time: 3:13 Location: Home Julie:I had to figure out a way to set the TARDIS on the ground in order for it to be collected, and I finally succeeded by putting it in the background. I converted all of my sprites to the final group product. Done! Date: 5/ 28/15 Time: 5:00 Location: Home Julie: I worked on my project (individual) and knew that I had all of the needed sprites to do the work. My game, however, had a few drawbacks to it. My sprites were continuously getting larger than they should have been. Although I was planning on making the questions pop up when you opened a supply chest, I couldn’t figure out how to do so, and ended up making it for the TARDIS. SOFIJA’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 6/1/15. Time: 3:20. Location: Home Sofija: I worked on my project. I was very behind from schedule so today I finished doing my individual project and finished putting it into the group project. Date: 6/ 1/ 15 Time: 6: 00pm Location: Home Sofija: I finished putting my project into the group thing. It all connects and works well together. It connects with the overall project and doesn't glitch. ZAINAB’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 5/29/15 Time: 4:23 Location: Local Library (Queens Library) Zainab: I decided to work on my individual project while studying at the library. I am a little bit behind schedule according to my charts, so I need to become more efficient in what I produce in the time given. So far, I need to edit the last few backgrounds and make my nyan cat sprite less glitchy and sensitive. I also need to add one last question to my project as a whole, meaning that I will need to make a whole new background and script for that. This could possibly take me another 2 hours. Date: 6/1/15 Time: 5:39 Location: Home Zainab: Today was a very stressful work session for me. I was on schedule, however, my game wasn’t working properly because of complications in my computer. As a result, I was set back for an hour or so until my computer finally worked. Even though i was on schedule, it was hard for me to work since it was confusing for me to make my sprites and backgrounds work properly since in class, I had made an error and forgot where it was located in my scripts. Also, while at the library, i had misnamed and made incorrect scripts for one sprite so I need to correct that. This might take me an estimated time of one and a half hours. Date: 6/1/15 Time: 5:58 Location: Home Zainab: I completed the last parts of my individual project and published it, fixing all glitches and errors that caused inconsistencies. I made it run smoother and added the last questions and scripts that needed to be added. I finished refining the script and my game is error and glitch free (unless of course there is an error that I haven’t caught which i highly doubt). My game is ready to be published and added to the main game. According to our chart, I am just waiting for my other group members to finish up with publishing their individual projects. (Zainab’s Developer’s logs continued) Date: 6/1/15 Time: 7:32 Location: Home Zainab: After doing so, I added my personal project to the main group game, making our final project. However, my computer is getting overrun because all of us are on our group account and we are all working on the group project that has more than 400 assets in it. Overall my computer isn’t very compatible with projects over 100 assets, but now not only do I have a project with a greater number of assets, but all users in my group are also logged in on the project and are making edits at the same time I am. This was a setback for me, but eventually i found a time when most of my group members weren’t on and moved my scripts into the project. It worked out bad, since I needed to transport ALL my backdrops and ALL my sprites, which was hard. Then I had to rename them, and edit my script to fit the new names. However, I got the work done and now I am finished.

The Minion of the Christmas Choir

by: 20choic
Humanities Style~

Here is the process:

Initial Ideas: Music- Nigahiga & Josh Golden S.W.G Instrumental and Sia Elastic Heart instrumental. 

The second level out of the three, which is medium. It is about geography, like locations of places around the world, capitals of places, geographical features like mountains, native languages of a country, where a famous person or show is from, and nicknames of states. There will be 10 questions. The boss level would have really really hard questions about geography. The boss sprite will be:

He is a weird evil person from a short film on Youtube. His name is Dominic Sandoval and is a Youtuber.

Sample regular mini game question: What country made the song "Xiao Ping Guo"?

Credits to my team members: @20choir @20breent

Thomas

Rachel

Christie

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Thomas’ Characters

Create Christie’s Characters

Create Rachel’s Characters

Create Thomas’ Backgrounds

Create Rachel’s Backgrounds

Create Christie’s Backgrounds

Animate Thomas’ Level (including music)

Animate Christie’s Level (including music)

Animate Rachel’s Level (including music)

Create Thomas’ dialogue

Create Christie’s dialogue

Create Rachel’s dialogue

Create Intro

Create credit roll

Create title sequence

Group Log: 5/22 8:30-9:00 AM, BSGE

Christie Choi:

Today, we focused mainly on the music we will choose. I chose SWG instrumental by Golden and Nigahiga and Elastic Heart by Sia. However, I decided to change this because I realized all two of them are copyrighted. Instead of Elastic Heart, I’m going to use the sound effects from Scratch itself. The problem I had was I really want to use SWG, and I decided to just email it to Nigahiga and ask for permission. I’m not going to use the instrumental version. If Nigahiga doesn’t respond by 5/25, I’m just going to choose another music. I need to wait and I hope Nigahiga would reply and let me use the music for our Scratch project.

Rachel Choi:

As for now, today went pretty okay...we just focused on music and finding the main sprite. Before when we were discussing the chosen main sprite, it wasn’t common core therefore it was copyrighted. We had to find another main sprite; luckily it went went well. The problem I ran into was that I couldn’t find the music I chose at home at school, today. I thought I could log into my other email and look through my youtube history to find the 2 videos for music but I failed… anyways I found the music again and downloaded it in school. This was actually easier because the creator of the video allowed using the music only if you credit him...so yeah I think I’m doing good.

Thomas Breen:

Today went pretty well. All of us decided what music we were going to use and sent emails to their creators to get copyright permission. I asked Onision for permission to use his song “Banana Song (I’m a Banana). If I am not granted  access I plan on using a creative commons licensed dubstep like song

Individual Developer’s Log

• Christie Choi- 5/26, 9:10PM- 9:35 PM, Home

Everything went well. I just basically outlined the sprites, the backdrops, and some of the questions. I didn’t get access to the music yet, so I have to wait. I didn’t add the music in yet, which is a minor problem but patience and time would fix the problem. I changed the questions to humanities or history because now that I thought about it, there wasn’t a lot of things we studied about for geography. I kind of incorporated humanities and geography together. I just created the questions but didn’t link the questions up together. So far, everything’s good. I didn’t do much, but I just made an outline for my part.

5/27, 8:15 AM-8:55 AM, School

Thomas Breen

Today it was hard to get anything done. I waited the whole periosd for the web pages to load, and when they finally loaded, it was time to go. We discussed what we were goingto do, but it was pretty much useless.

Christie Choi

Today what I did was connect all the questions together. I mainly duplicated many scripts and just changed around some of the wording. I already had the questions, and all had to do was link it. The problems was that the Internet was really bad, so I had to suffer and it was slow, so I couldn’t really do a lot of things except for duplicating. I did it well so far. To resolve this, I should just work on it at home.

Rachel Choi

Today was a very bad day. The Internet wasn’t working so I couldn’t do anything…I was expecting to do a lot but oh well. The most I did was saving the music to my USB, which was a beneficial. I hope to do better next time.

• Christie Choi: 5/28/15, 9:10 PM-9:45PM, Home

I mainly linked around the questions and created an additional backdrop I forgot to add. I added some non-humanities blocks, like I added 2 Chinese characters and one ELA vocabulary word. I linked all the questions. One problem was that I didn’t really know what to do if the player has 0 lives. When the player has 0 lives, he/she loses, but I didn’t know how to connect it to show that the player lost. I’m going to ask Shantanu tomorrow or ask my teammates to help me with it. I have the blocks for it, but I don’t know which Event block to use.

Rachel Choi- 5/29/15 School 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM

I’m pretty behind schedule, so I was debating on whether or not I should remix another game so that the work would be easier. But after talking with my group, I realized that remixing a game would be harder than actually making the game. They stated that finding the right game is hard to do , and even if you did, other people may use the same game to remix it into their game. I have no confidence in finding time and getting my part done my time.

Tomas Breen- 5/29/15 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM, School

I am extrememly behind schedule. I decided not to remix the game, and I have all the music. However, I didn’t start making the project yet, and the sprites are still a work in progress.

Christie Choi- 5/29/15, 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM, School

I am still behind schedule, but I think I’m catching up, like I fixed my problem from yesterday. I found what music to use, and finally found some creative commons music. I’m going to use See You Again by Charlie Puth ft. Wiz Khalifa and I’m going to use

Loving U by Sistar instrumental. I need to work on the boss sprite and the introduction. Things are getting better right now.

• Christie Choi- 5/31/15, 8:30 AM- 9:06 AM, Home

I am still behind schedule. I converted “See You Again” to a MP3 and uploaded it to Scratch and I made conversations between the boss sprite and the main sprite and created one question. I will work more on it later. So far all I need to do is create a basic outline of blocks for one question and just duplicate it but have different questions. The problem I’m having is time management because I have a lot of other homework to do, so this project is keep going behind schedule. I have to work on a lot of things right now, like I need to finish my level and the introduction and credits.

• Christie Choi- 5/31/15, 9:10 PM-

I am wrapping up with my boss part. I realized that the music I chose is copyrighted, so I have to change it again. One song I chose is Can You Feel Me by Wontolla and the channel allows me to use their music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUiOF6ZhG-Q I will also use this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh_kTw4qmHQ All I need to do tomorrow is help link everything up and add the music and add two more things to the boss part.

• Christie Choi- 6/1/15 7:30 PM-9:20PM, Home

I finished my individual project and finished the introduction of the project. I got all the music, I got all the sprites and blocks. It went well. However, I learned that my group mates didn’t really do a lot and they’re way behind schedule. I can’t help link everything up together yet because of the fact that they are all behind. I don’t even think we could finish it by tomorrow. It’s going to take lots of time linking everything up. I had to change the title sequence. I did my part of the credits roll too.

Individual Project: <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63698308/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 
Group Project: <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63698186/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The group project isn't good and there are lots of errors so...

Science and Unicorns

by: 20sayeda

INVESTIGATE

Group Design Specification

Game Concept:  As a group, we are thinking about starting the game from one central location. From this location, you will then have access to all of the group members’ work. For example, Abdullah is doing Chemistry and Physics in Outer Space.

Game Mechanics: The player will be pulled into a variation of circumstances in which the player will be offered multiple answer choices for the question asked, which would inquire a particular aspect of the setting given.  

Objective: Go through the questions in the three aspects of the game. Each aspect represents the work of one of the three laborers.

Obstacles: The questions asked in each of the situations in the three different portions of the game

Chrome: The group as a whole really appreciated science. We’re going to try and make a cool game that’s appealing to others who follow science as well. The game may have a narrator to take the reader through chemistry, and physics, however the real appeal the game will have, will be the science itself. We want to put some really interesting information in the game, and that will make up the bulk of our chrome.

Subject: Science

Parts:

Abdullah: Does a section on space, how the science and chemistry down here is from a whole other planet. {An Earth is spinning around, in a dark void assumed to be Outer Space}

Ex. All of us are moving at about 67,000 miles per hour. (Say what?!) That is the speed of the Earth in it’s orbit. Which concept of Newton’s 3 Laws of Motion can explain why the Earth is still moving after nearly 5 billion years.

A: Force= (M)A

B: Inertia

C: Mass cannot be lost in a chemical reaction..

D: Every force has an equal reaction force. In this case the reaction force is continuously pushing the Earth around.  

•  
    • Labor:

• Abdullah:

• Will create and animate space themed section of game.

• Will work on jobs relating to the general hub and game’s technical support.

• Action Plan:

Everybody

Sara Mui

Abdullah Sayed

Rachel Sage Zhang

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Home Page/Title Sequence

Sage Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Sara Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Create  Unicorn

Add Music

Merge Individual Animations

Credits/ Conclusion

Abdullah Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Create:

Group Log 5/22/15 8:30-9:00 BSGE

Abdullah: I fixed the unicorn’s animation. The animation is now much smoother. I decided on a title for the project, with reluctant admission from my group members. I am now set to start working on my sections of the group project. I hope to have a hub completed by the end of the weekend, and my individual project started.

Sara: Today I found the links to all the resources we used and I was looking for and I tried to find a picture of a better rainbow, but was unsuccessful in finding a good picture.

Rachel Sage Zhang: Today, I worked on starting the individual portion of the animation. I am not done yet and I will have to continue when I get home. I expect to finish this portion by Memorial Day. I also helped to work on the group project’s credits section while talking with group members on deciding a title. We had disagreement and difficulty in creating a title because Science and Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows was too long.

DL#3

May 23rd, 2015 3:44pm Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I started my questions today, but I did not waste the past few days. I thought a lot about the questions and as soon as I started working I got a lot done. My questions are pretty much finished. I have an extra question as a backup, or just possible addition. I also started the animation for hub and title. I have a basic layout out. I just need to make the title, I’m a little undecided on how to do it.  I problem I have encountered is that we need to change the backdrop. The color scheme is horrible. We need to either make much it darker, or much brighter, but not the grey that it is now.

DL#6

May 24th, 2015 10:20am Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

No tech related work completed.

DL#9

May 25th, 2015 11:34am Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I worked on smoothing out the hub. Some minor details fixed. However, I did not achieve much. I also worked on the questions. I am not pretty confident in them, although I may want to run a couple past Shantanu.

DL#11

May 26th, 2015 7:20pm Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I radically changed the hub, created  a new backdrop, added a title sequence, changed rainbow arc, and fixed the overall color scheme, although now it looks like it was made by a princess obsessed 4th grader. I want to get rid of the music, and maybe find a way to make the overall color scheme darker, which would require some photoshop, but it is not a priority.

DL #13

May 27th, 2015 9:01AM BSGE

Abdullah Sayed: I think that today was a sort of refreshment for us as a group. We coordinated ourselves, and discussed what is ahead, seeing how all we did was discuss. We got little work done since the internet was experiencing some technical issues. We, however, did help Sage fix her project. She had a broken broadcast system, and mixed up scripts.

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Today, the other group members helped me to fix my project and find why it wasn’t working. I think we have generally fixed the problem but I still have another 7 questions to animate. I’ve only completed the first question and we only have a week until the project is due. Sara was working on the hub and Abdullah was starting his Individual Portion. However, due to the internet being down, we didn’t really start to do anything until around 8:30. During the time before that, we were merely discussing what we were going to include and not include in the project. I am really behind and I have a lot of work to do with what I know will not be a lot of time to do it..

Sara Mui:

I was continuing to fix the disastrous mess I created yesterday, but due to the lack of internet connection, I couldn’t get much done because I had the same tab loading for a straight 20 minutes.

Dl#15

May 28, 2015 9:18:54-10:30:26pm Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I for the first time, have really began to invest myself into my individual project and how it will connect to the rest of the project. I’ve assembled the pieces I need for 1 question. Also, on Sage’s request, we have adopted 5 questions per group member, contrary to our previous policy of “8-ish.”

DL#17

May 29th, 2015 8:15-9:00am BSGE

Abdullah Sayed: I worked on my first question, and it is essentially complete. I spent a significant portion of my time helping Sage with her messed up project. Sage’s project has multiple technical issues, and we may need to give it special attention. I will work on my project significantly at home today.

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Today, Abdullah helped me to figure out how to move on to the next question. However, I still don’t understand and don’t think it is going to work. Now that my first question has been completed, now the issue is transferring between questions. I have the same backdrops for losing a life and gaining points after every single question. He will have to explain his ideas more thoroughly. I don’t think his idea of duplicating backdrops and putting them after the losing a life and gaining 10 points will work because I won’t be able to switch the backdrops to other questions. I will have to work on a lot and figure out how to change my project. If I use Abdullah’s way, I will definitely need help because I have no idea how to do it.

Sara Mui:

Today, I remixed my group animation and I started to modify it in order for it to match my project. I had to create a duplicate of my main sprite because I had to stop the scripts of a whole sprite but needed that sprite for future uses.

DL#18:

May 29th, 2015 6:15pm-7:15 Abdullah Sayed's Residence:

6:43; I started working my individual project significantly, and I am progressing quickly past my first question. I am using multiple costumes and I fear that when the time comes to put the project together, it transferring costumes will pose a difficulty. However, I feel that I have also found the solution to such a problem. When a costume is in your bookbag, right clicking on it offers the option to download it. Using this method I may be able to stick the costumes into the main project

DL #21:

May 31st, 2015 5:37-7:30PM Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

Today I finished animating 4 of the 5 questions in my individual project. I plan to finish the last question tomorrow. I believe it will be possible. Tomorrow we will also piece the main project together, either at the library during lunch or after school. I am slightly behind schedule, but even this minor blip may prove to be a fatal mistake. The main problem I faced was that each day of the next week is littered with quizzes and tests. I have tried hard to study for them, but my homework and tech project have suffered as consequence.

DL#23:

June 1st, 2015 7:23PM-11:34PM

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Today, I created the credits and made some touches to animations so that we would have a good connection between the animations. It now runs smoothly and the credits will be found when a button in the corner that says credits on it is pressed. It is pretty much complete. However, after creating the credits, my entire portion went absolutely nuts. As of now, we still have no idea what happened but the solution in the end was to just delete the backdrop that was randomly appearing and interrupting the animation.

Abdullah Sayed: Today I finished the last question and smoothed over a series of technical issues. I helped connected many of the parts of our group project. However, after the connections were made, in assist with Sage, the project was conflicting with itself. Sprites and backdrops appeared, and moved almost randomly. We solved the problem by deleting a backdrop that seemed to be causing conflicts.

Sara Mui:

Today I (started the main portions) and finished my animation. I knew this would cause a delay to my group, but sadly I had no time and worked on it whenever I could.

Abdullah Sayed’s Portion:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64626648/#player

Evaluation:

Overall I think that our group worked quite well. We were mostly on time, and got our work done. However, just before the due date when we were piecing things together, the project suddenly had a huge conflict, and backdrops, and sprites were popping out of place, at the wrong times. As of Mon Jun. 1 9:35:37PM, the project is not correct. Update: After Sage deleted 1 backdrop all is well. I have no idea how, but it is.

1.My individual project was if not interesting, at least not boring. It challenged the player to think, and it’s questions enticed critical thinking. Also I tried to make the animation, story, and art work smooth and fluid, although my success is arguable.

2. I believe that maybe if I had created a better system of consequences after the player got a question wrong or right, my project could have then been improved. Maybe I could have added some more dialogue, or interaction.

3. I made most of what happens when you start the project. I also made the linking interface.

4. I could have improved my group work if I was more connected with my other group members throughout the process. Our animations sometimes had different types of scoring mechanisms.

Rachel Sage Zhang

Positive: Sage was very punctual in her work, and she gave a lot of importance to it. She had everything done on time, and put a lot of effort into it.

Negative: The only thing I can complain about Sage is that she needs to learn how to efficiently communicate over text.

Sara Mui

Positive: Sara was very involved in group discussions. She was also active around the project journal, and the “hub.” She was an essential group member.

Negative: Sara did not complete her individual project on the time she agreed with us. This was a minor disturbance, but it meant that she needed to link her project whenever she was done with it, making her vulnerable to problems. Sara also didn’t upload her animation. I added it at the end to prevent the difficulty.

Plan for Improvement:

Rachel Sage Zhang:

I would work on power-ups and making the project more interactive. My project isn’t exactly boring but it isn’t interesting either. I need to make it more interactive and interesting so that a player will be more engaged in my portion of the game. By improving the game mechanics, I would be able to make the game much more interesting. As of now, my game is working very well and there aren’t any glitches. That’s my top priority right now.

Sara Mui:

I would add the backdrop that I wanted to add in the first place before my plugin crashed, and I am going to try and make my project more interesting by adding more graphics and maybe some easter eggs.

Abdullah Sayed:

I will try and go over my project to fix bugs, and technical issues. When my project was on the smart board, it had an issue of repeating a dialogue. As soon as I got home, this issue was non-existent. There may be further hidden bugs. Lastly, I want to review the connection of my individual project to the group project, as I had not payed much attention to it. I may also want to add easter eggs, or such.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62839294/

Collabaraters:

http://youthvoices.net/users/20muis

http://youthvoices.net/users/20zhangr

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/62839294/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Integrating "Lord of the Rings" into the 7th Grade English Curriculum

by: 20hyatta

Game Mechanics:

Rules- The players must answer some grammar questions to win back Merry and Pippin from Saruman. If they lose, they will all die.

Gameplay- They player shall be asked some grammar questions using the ask block, and the player must answer the questions.

Objective:

Story- The story is one that belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien, but shall be tweaked for the purposes of this game. Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli are on their famous chase for Merry and Pippin while they are being taken to Isengard by the Uruk-hai (“my fight uruk-hai--AND THEN THE GUY KILLED BOROMIR I AM SAD NOW.”). If you complete all the sentences successfully, then you can reclaim Merry and Pippin, and go fight at Helms Deep. However, if you don’t...most likely you shall lose Merry and Pippin and Eomer, Theoden, and Eowyn and their country shall all die (even though Theoden technically does...but, I’ll not spoil anything more~go read the book!). Also, Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas shall be eaten by the uruk-hai.

Characters-

Aragorn- “ Then I will die as one of them!” This character has the same characteristics as he does in the book. He is the descendant of Isildur, and the love interest of Arwen.

Legolas- “A diversion!” - He is a wood elf who is the son of Thranduil, king of the Woodland Realm. He is extremely capable, and is besties with Gimli.

Gimli- “Never trust an elf!” - A stout dwarf, Gimli uses an axe and is the chief rival of Legolas. He also is very proud of his heritage.

Merry and Pippin- “It comes in pints?” - The “merry” gang--yes, Merry and Pippin are two very fun people to be around!!

Saruman- “My fighting uruk-hai”- The Leader of the Istari, gone corrupted by greed and yearning for the ring. He is the “boss” in this game.  

The Uruk-hai Army- Saruman’s henchmen- a cross between orcs and goblins.

Levels- There are no levels.

Obstacles:

Bosses- Saruman is the boss. They technically do not have any power. The sentences only determine your success.

Sound- Flight of Gondor song download

Action Plan:

Sona Marukyan

Annelie Hyatt

Olivia Wegrowski

Patryk Stypulkowski

Jobs

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Annelie’s sprites

Create Sona’s Sprites

Create Olivia’s Sprites

Create Patryk’s Sprites

Create Annelie’s backdrops

Create Sona’s backdrops

Create Olivia’s backdrops

Create Patryk’s backdrops

Animate Annelie’s game

Animate Sona’s game

Animate Olivia’s Game

Animate Patryk’s Game

Cut Scene (The Intro)

Connect Mini Games

Tutorial

Share Game

Group Developer’s Log: 5/29 BSGE 8:20- 9:00

Olivia Wegrowski:

Today we worked on how we would organize our group product when we put together our individual projects. We also looked at some of our partners games and checked to see if they were good and working properly. I started Level 2. I got the backdrop and sprites for level 2. The reason I had to do that was because I didn’t follow the schedule was because I thought I would get it done while I was doing each level. We were also sadly coming up with horrible names for our group project :(. I’ll try to think of different ones, and record it in my next Developer’s Log. Overall we worked well today. I am proud of my group...

Patryk 5/29/15

Today we worked a bit as a group and got the background for the cutscene, as well as two sprites for the cutscene. Other than that, we began testing each other’s games and giving feedback. I didn’t get anything done in the way of my individual project. We attempted to come up with a name for our game without any success whatsoever. The best we got was “Shminglishese”, which we quickly decided against.

Sona

We discussed the order of our individual games in our group project. We also discussed how are games were going to be played outline maybe how they will be connected (which blocks we are going to use to connect our games). Today I also was able to work a little bit more on my own project which will have 2 more sets of substances. Though we are not following our original schedule plan we are doing our best to keep up and I think that by tomorrow we will be back on schedule. In our group, we also discussed some possible group games but we have not decided on one final name.

Annelie

Today, I attempted to play Patryk’s game without sound. I confirmed with my horrible video game ability that his game needed a tutorial. However, he was nice enough (thanks Patryk!!!) to play my game and to give me credit and feedback for the work I was doing and he helped me fix the problems in my game. Furthermore, I also nearly finished my game, and will work on animating the cut scene very shortly. I am very proud with the amount of work I did today and I will try to work on more of it tonight and I also hope that I can work on the cut scene and that we can connect our mini games by tomorrow. We worked very well as a group, and I have no complaints.

Plan for Improvements:

Sona Marukyan

One of my priorities if I was able to remake the project would be to make my game follow the storyline more by using my group members’ sprites. I would also like to include some more backdrops so the user would be more interested in the game. By looking at my group members’ projects I realized that changing the backdrop made the user always pulled into the game, for example Olivia’s, and because my game is kind of simple, changing the backdrop and adding some more sprites would allow for the user to be more interested of the game.

Patryk Stypulkowski

The first priority if we got more time would be to get the project connected properly and working. We have an incomplete project where all the scripts for the projects exist, but none of them work at the right time, some no longer work at all. Also, Olivia has many, many backdrops, and only a few of them are on our project. So, overall, I would simply make sure the project worked.

Annelie Hyatt

If I were to improve the group project, I would connect all the games better with all the backdrops and have a scene where you can pick which games you can play. Also, I want to restore the cut scene I made. Furthermore, I also want to add the music and make it easier to use. I think that my individual project is pretty good, and don’t want to change it. Anyway, only the group project needs work. I think all of us should be very strict when attending meetings. Everyone should be there! I also want to bring back the fact that pigs are smarter than dolphins.

Olivia Wegrowski:

My priority is to create the backdrop that combines all the worlds together (games). I would choose the main sprites from each game then, put them on a backdrop and when they are clicked then it will go to that game automatically. That is my priority in the improvements of the group product.

Tech 7 Unit 4: Maze Level One

by: 20bishta
Maze Level One

Investigate

We are going to create a platformer game in which there will be multiple questions asked at the end of each level. There will be 4 different levels. Abhay will do level one which will be a maze, and the subject is math. Amit will do level two which will be an adventure course with a boss at the end, and the subject is going to be physics. Harikleia will do level three which will be an obstacle course with a smaller battle at the end, but not with a crazy hard boss, and the subject is going to be science. Raunak will do level four which will be a boss battle, and the subject is humanities.

Abhay is going complete level 1. I am going to create a game in which there will be a complicated maze that will ask a question once the end has reached. The question will be math related and will ask things such as equations and riddles. To make the level harder, I will make it so that the maze will reset if you touch the wall at any time. If possible, have a small fight with a minor boss at the end of the maze.

20amannar is going to create the final level with the final boss level. My main project will be about the Revolutionary war and  a George washington adventure. There will be a setting with george washington and a little part of the war and claiming a fort. The last (big) boss will be inside the fort and it will be the british general.

Amit is going to create level 2, which is about Physics. This level will mainly cover about Forces and Motion. Since what was was learned in science was very brief on forces and motion, the level won’t have many critical thinking questions, and mainly the answers are supposed to be straightforward. At the end of the level, what would happen is that the character would need to go to a boss and try to defeat him. I’m thinking that this too should be up to physics problems, and gradually as the player answers these problems correctly, the boss tends to get weaker. However, if the player fails to answer the questions correctly, what would happen is that the player will get weaker, and eventually die if he answers a certain amount of questions incorrectly.

Harikleia is going to create the third level. This section will be centered around science. Main topics: Chemistry. Talks about stuff like the atoms, etc… There will be riddles here too, but science and logic related ones, not math. The boss at the end of this level will be (some scientist--not sure which one yet).

Chrome: Background is varying according to each subject. For math, there will be a background of various math related things. It

Songlist

Hall of Fame - The Script ft. will.i.am

Cheerleader - OMI

You Know You Like It - DJ Snake

Fun - Pitbull

Runaway - Galantis

Overload - Dillon Francis

Ready Set Go - Royal Tailor

See you again - Wiz Khalifa

Ready Aim Fire - Imagine Dragon

Name

Subject

20amannar

Humanities, Last Level (Boss Fight)

20Sarkera

Physics, Level 2

20Bisht

Math, Level One and Start Page

20Sparakish

chemistry Level 3

Resources

Tools: Computer, Scratch, Search Engines (Google), Creative Commons

Materials: Pictures, sound/music, blocks/scripts, information, spirtes, backdrops, Entire projects if remixed

Location: School, Home, Google hangouts, Google Docs and Google Docs Chat

Time: 12 days

Money: $0

Labor: 20Amannar, 20Bishta, 20Sparakish, 20Sarkera

Raunak Amanna-

DL Raunak Amanna 5/22 9:45-10:10

During this period of working I has decided what my  game's goal was and what would happen in the game. I had also thought about character that I will use in the game

DL Harikleia 5/22 9:45-10:10

This session, my group members and I worked individually. I was browsing the already existing scratch games to see how the scripts would lay out, as well as looking through a tutorial for typewriter text, in order to make the introduction a little fancier.

DL Amit 5/22/15 9:45-10:10

In this session, my group members and I mainly worked individually and the work I did was to start the basis of creating my characters. The process seemed tedious at first, because the amount of games I had to look over was a lot, about 30-40 games. However, I only made one selection, and it was a simple and fair platformer game. I thought that the game was easy to remix because the coding that was used was really simple, however I could accomplish a lot of script by using that game. The game also seemed fun. The few glitches in the game didn’t even seem like glitches, instead they actually were fun trying to get by at.

DL Amit 5/25/15 7:00-7:30

I’m actually starting to animate our characters by now, and it seems that I am on task towards what I am doing. The animations seem fine, and in fact, the only thing I’m planning on doing is to just make my sprite talk and start the time.

DL.  Raunak .5/25/15 5:00-5:30

I have started to make my sprites and my backdrops. I am browsing the creative commons and tried to find a good picture of George Washington. I need to need to gather the information that I need to include  in include my game

DL Amit 5/26/15 6:00-6:40

I think here is where I got the main jist of the project done. What’s mainly happening here is that I’m just trying to make the animation work towards the end. I don’t want to make an ending to the level because that will cause the game to end, so ideally what was supposed to happen is that when the sprite hits the door, the door would start to congratulate the ball if the ball reached the door in a certain amount of time, however in my project, the door won’t have any effect, and in some cases, the door would only work to judge whether the ball reached it at it’s time limit or not.

DL Amit 5/27/15 7:00-8:00

Here is the finishing of my project. I think that three days was a bit more than enough time I was given to work on my project, however I still managed. I just finished the last parts of my project, and now what will happen is that I will ask Abhay to combine. But I just revised my project to make sure everything was in shape and there were no mistakes in my part of the game. Now it’s just up to me to animate our final credits.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64670402/

DL Raunak Amanna 5/26/15

(Time unsure but worked for an hour)

I am starting my animation.  I have begun with a sort of  a story to start the game off. I included a ghoul  and a cat and how the cat is teleported to the game from the story and that's when the game starts in a nice meadow which seems to be amazing but has British soldiers hiding inside. The game will explain the instructions and then the game will start. (Have not programmed the instructions yet)

DL Raunak 5/27/15 morning during technology

During my period of work I had realized that all of my work had gotten deleted and I was only left with my backdrops and characters.  I had decided to remix another project instead of continuing my original one. I took the that remixed for homework and decided to continue.

DL Harikleia 5/28/15 (Not sure what time, but I was working for about an hour and a half.)

I managed to get all of the typewriter tutorial in, but whenever I try the scripts, it never works. I also remixed an obstacle course to make it slightly more simplistic, and all I need to do is to add the academic content where appropriate and add the background story.

Raunak 5/28/15

I have made a new plan for new game and decided what to do. I have made an extra backdrops that will appear before the game starts. This will be like my story but giving information to the player so that he can learn and play. I have made it so that the player cannot play without reading the information.

DL Abhay 5/29/15 9:45 - 10:15

I felt that I completed a lot of work and I am on schedule. The only thing I need to work on is put the picture and the “if, then” statement. That is all. I am doing pretty good overall, and I will finish on time.

DL Abhay 5/30/15 Home 2pm-ish

I have completed my project fully and I am now waiting for the other group members to finish their projects. Overall we will do good and the project will be completed on time. I’m not sure about Amit since we have not been able to contact him much except for when we were in school.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63186570/

Raunak Same time as Abhay above.

I have followed my plan on top and finished the backdrops and gather the information from my textbook and notes. I had also programmed this backdrops into the game and made come before the other backdrops.

DL Harikleia 5/29/15 9:45-10:15

Today, I started programming the scripts for the new sprite I created, which was to show the background story. I created the two costumes and I started the scripts.  Another attempt at the typewriter text also failed.

DL Harikleia 5/30/15 (Time Unknown)

There were no difficulties in completing the project. Simple enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64664284/

DL Harikleia 6/1/15 (Time Unknown)

There were too many issues integrating the three levels (one appears to be incomplete, since it was not published). Each attempt came out unsuccessful, and thus, the final part could not be completed properly. The task will now be attempted by Amit.

Harikleia is going to combine according to the Gantt chart.

Amit

My job is to snip the picture and then copy it to the scratch project so my group members can do the rest of the work and i can relax peacefully.

Harikleia

Abhay

I will work with Raunak to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Raunak

I will work with Abhay to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Evaluate

Final product was combined by Harikleia at about 10:30 pm. It came out messed up, though.Abhay And Amit had tried to fix it and Raunak had also, looked in to it

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65195988/

Super Mario: Learning Eddition

by: 20leea
By: Rauk
By: 20leea

Group Project: Platform Game

Objective: To answer the questions and save MATHLANDIA

Chrome: Beautiful characters, funny stuff Fun backgrounds, different character skins and cool power ups

Obstacles: Have to get past Kang John Yun and his evil math drones

Game: (Backstory: Kang John Yun has figured out how to take over Mathlandia by using evil drones that spit out math equations)

Alex:
Game: Depending on what the game is, I’ll probably either have a game where a character is running and you have to solve a math problem in order to advance. Either that or I will do something like Mario games (platform) so the character will jump and then you have to solve an equation.

Obstacles: You have to solve difficult trivia questions in order to advance on in the level because if you don’t then you hit an object in front of you. (Like car simulators where you have to learn to type in order to not hit the car in front of them). (MOstly Math related)

Objective: You have to advance in the level, and if you answer enough amount of questions then you go onto the next level, which the other people will design.

Chrome: Good backgrounds, difficult questions, funny characters and also interesting cars/whatever vehicle is needed.

Ula:

Game: Your goal will be to run the farthest but you also must answer question to advance. But the level of these questions will be a little harder. There will also be a little lesson before.

Obstacles: The questions, the logs, and other things in the way of your character.

Objective: You want to get the highest or a certain score which will allow you to get something special or maybe even an award.

Chrome: There will be un characters, critical thinking questions, as well as a good interactive background.

Khalid:

Game: I would like to make a game that closely resembles what I have made for my Unit  4 Day 2 assignment. There will be increasingly more and more sprites  to confuse the player of the game. Every 30 seconds, there will be a question and another sprite appears after the question is answered correctly. The timer severs a point scale, with the longest survival but shortest answer time is the best.

Obstacles:There will be a red line as pong usually has. Once the ball hits this line, the game will end.

Objective: I would propose a system where the length of time you survive playing the game is used to find the score. The player must survive for the longest time. The longer the player can survive the pong section, the higher their score.  The longer the player takes to answer a question, the opposite action will be taken, and the time will be subtracted from the pong survival time.

Chrome: There will be colorful paddles, and a wide range of questions, to increase proficiency in the subject. The questions will also be presented in a fun way, to apple to the player and to ensure that they enjoy both the learning and the playing of the game.

Rahil:

Game: The game is a platformer. You have to jump from platform to platform to get to the end of the level. Once you have reached the end of the level, you are presented with a question. You must answer the question in order to progress to the next level. You will have three chances in total to answer the question. If you fail to answer the question in all your three chances, then you will have to start the game all over again. There shall be 11 levels in total, and at the end of the 11th level, you will have to fight a historical figure of your choosing. They will ask you multiple questions. If all are answered correctly, the boss will die, and you shall win the game. If you fail to answer correctly, you will have to restart the entire game.

Obstacles:The main obstacles are going to be the questions. Along side that, however, there will be things on the platforms that will cause you to fail. For example, when a platform is red and you touch it, you have to restart the level. Otherwise, it is ok.

Objective: You would have to reach the end of each level to progress onto the next. Once you pass the final level, you win the game.

Chrome:The platforms that will change colors isn’t too important/ However, there shall be a large range of questions that cover most things in the subject. Also, the questions will seem fun so the player will be engaged in the game.

Design

Rules: You must defeat all four levels and NO CHEATING, so no re programming the game

Game Play: Jump, Run, Walk, Shoot (Power UPs)

User Interface: Third person view

Story: Our character will be pets. There backstory is they are living happily in Math Landia and one day, an evil character Kang John Yun has decided to take over by forming evil math drones. The only people to stop him are these food themed pets.

Characters:  

unnamed.jpg

Levels:

Bosses: We will have a weird version of a communist leader. He is very good at math so we must be aware of him.

Puzzles/riddles/questions/ Traps: Evil Drones, flying multiplication signs etc.

Leveling Up: When you level up you change characters into a better one. But the difficulty of the game and the questions also increase.

Art/Graphics: We will have a background similar to flappy bird or mario, so it will look a tiny bit retro.

Sound/Music: we will use a song that we will find from creative commons and it will be similar to the music in Mario. It will be of that type of sound.

Academic Content: Starts from easy math questions and then turns harder and harder as you go along the levels.   

Level 1: VERY simple equations, usually with multiplying fractions or just adding and subtracting decimals. Easiest level in the game with the easiest boss. BUT there is a time limit of 5 minutes. If you do not reach the end of the level and beat the boss in time, you automatically die.  

Characters: The Strawberry Dog and the Krispy Kreme Dog

Boss: A word problem with a harder answer than any of the other problems so far.

Game Play: Very simple, less drones and easier math equations, very few power ups

Obstacles: Evil drones, and a very weak boss battle at the end.

Objectives: Get past the level  in 5 minutes (The BOSS battle IS included in this time)

Chrome: You can pick your own character, cool backgrounds, 5 minute time limit.

Level 2: Here what we will focus on area of circles and also their circumference. There will only be one word problem. The game will be almost the same as the first one only the background will be different.

Characters: The Pretzel Dog and the Donut Dog

Boss: A difficult word problem about circles that will be tricker than it seems, 3 Evil Drones

Game Play: A little harder, not too hard though, more drones than before and harder questions

Obstacles: Evil drones, flying order of operation signs you must dodge, boss battle

Objectives: Get past level and find power ups

Chrome: You again can pick your own character, and these characters get more power ups, but same chrome as level 1. 6 Minute Time Limit (The BOSS battle IS included in this time)

Level 3: This will be harder critical thinking questions that require not only common sense, but math abilities as well. It will look very simple on the outside, but require some thinking.

Characters: The Green Leaf Dog and the Red Leaf Dog

Boss: Two word Problem and 5 evil math drones (you must solve their problems in under 2 minutes or they will kill you)

Game Play: Harder than Level 1 and 2, bearable compared to Level 4. More drones, harder questions (There harder but there are less)

Obstacles: Evil Drones, Order of operations, word problems.

Objectives: Get power ups and get past the level in 7 minutes (the Boss battle is not included in this time)

Chrome: Even more powerful animals, more power ups, they run faster, same chrome as other levels

Level 4:

Characters: The Yellow Leaf Dog (Second in the first row), The Yellow Cake Dog (Last in the Second Row), The Green Cream puff Dog (The third one in the third row), The Orange Dog (The Second one in the fourth row) and the Blueberry Cat (the last one in the last row)

Boss: Kang John Yun, Evil Drones

Gameplay:  This is the hardest level, it reviews all the ideas from the other levels. This has the most drones

Obstacles: Evil Drones, word problems, Kang John Yun

Objectives: Get the answers correct and beat the boss

Chrome: Kang John Yun will be presented in a funny way, and upgrades to the characters’ potentials are available, as in all the other levels. There is NO TIME LIMIT FOR THIS LEVEL.

NOTE: THE REASON WHY THERE IS MULTIPLE CHARACTERS IN THE LAST LEVEL IS BECAUSE IF YOU DIE (AND YOU WILL) THEN YOU CAN SWITCH OUT YOUR DEAD CHARACTER FOR THE OTHER ONES THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE

Plan

Resources: Scratch, Creative Commons, Firefox, Chrome, Computer, etc

Labor: Work at home mostly, sometimes in class. Google Hangouts

Tools:Computer, scratch, search engine, creative commons

Materials: Pictures, music, blocks/scripts, information from what we learned this year so it is in our notebooks, 11 dogs/cats from the pets above,  like Mario backdrops

Location: School, homes, Google Hangouts

Time: 4-6 hours each

Money: Zero Dollars

Rahil

Alex

Khalid

Ula

Date

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Not Available

Alex

Not

Available

Ula

Not

Available

Rahil

Not

Available

Khalid

Upload all the main characters

Upload backgrounds

Upload the bosses

Create level 1

Create level 2

Create level 3

Create level 4

Add all projects together

Add transitions

Upload project on  to Scratch

Create

Developer’s Logs

Group Session 1: 5.22.15: 30 minutes

Alex:

Some people did not WORK and I find that really dissapointing. I wish that everyone was on track. Certain individuals were goofing off and playing games, when they should have been actually working.  

Khalid:

During this session, not much was accomplished. We did not have a lot of communication, and so some members went off to their own while the others tried to look at one project together. Some group members did not comprehend how the work should be done.

Ula:

During these 30  minutes we basically did nothing. We need to step up the plate and start working  harder. Our difficulties include but are not limited to: no consensus, people goofing off,  someone yelling at everyone even if that wouldn’t help, also there was one control freak so it was hard to work. Some solutions are just everyone trying to work harder and more separately.

Rahil:

Sadly, we weren’t able to accomplish much during this group meeting. All of us were looking for various platformer games that we could remix to help our personal Individual Projects and our group project in general. So I believe that we need to be more productive next time we meet.

Alex: 5.27.15

Today we didn't get really any work done because the wifi in class was really slow and not that efficient. Our group is really behind but luckily we figured out what game we want to remix so we made some progress

Khalid 5/27/15

During this session, the internet connection was not in our favor, as it did not work well. We had found a game to remix, and finalized it. We also looked at what we should do when we get a better internet connection.

Ula: 5.27.15

Today we didn't do anything. The wifi was terrible and super slow. But we finally found out what game we are going to do. So now we are finally more on track and also being on task. We could not overcome  our problem of wifi.

Image result for flower field

Ula

May 29

We made progress! We finally we chose the correct game and we started remixing it. We didn’t have to change any of our plans but we had to use mario instead of the pets. Also our plans will become much fuller this weekend. We must finish it so there will much more work done. We also changed the name of what we are doing. We must fix our boss as well.

Alex

May 29th

We actually made progress today! We finalized our game and we have started changing certain things about it like the color of the block etc. Rahil wasn’t here today, so hopefully he can do some work. We changed our game and decided to use mario and not the dogs because with the dogs its too complicated. Also, we are not only doing math and the land of the game is not called “Math Lanida” We decided to call it, “Super Mario: Learning Addition!!! YAY we finished!

Khalid

May 29th

We decided which game to remix, and so we are on track to finishing the project.

Evaluate

Ulas Individual Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64742610/

Reflection:

In my individual product everything looked pretty nice so that is definitely a strength. Also my project worked so that is good. My individual product could have been better if my group members started the necessary parts a little bit earlier. This would give me more time. I helped people with their individual products also choosing the game as well as doing part of the combining of the group product. I could improve my group work by letting other members contribute their own ideas more instead of trying to be in charge of everything. I also could improve my group work by not procrastinating just because everyone else did. Khalid made a lot of the base for our game including our scripts. He also made some characters. Alex helped make people do their work. She also helped design our project. Rahil didn’t really do much but make his personal project. Khalid could have followed the schedule more and done what he needed to do earlier. This would have allowed us to move faster. Alex could have also done what she needed to do before. This just would help everyone. Rahil could have started work earlier and done more than he did.

Rahil Ahmed

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65189068/

Khalid El-Halabi

I finished the project

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64986960/

Alex’s Individual Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65207054/

Reflection:

I thought that overall our project went ok but I wish that we had more time so that we could collaborate and listen to one another more. Also scratch was really buggy the past few days so we couldn’t really do anything. I personally do not like group projects, but this one was ok.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65204238/

Plan for Improvement

Ula Pranevicius

What we need to fix is everything. Our group project is terrible. We need to fix the columns so that you could see the whole text box so that you could see what you are writing. We also need to fix our group project it doesn’t flow and therefore nothing works.

Rahil Ahmed

What we need to do is to remove the two white columns for each game that there is for the group project. Then, we need to work on fixing the transition between the projects so that they don’t all play at once and mess up the whole game.

Khalid El-Halabi

We must remove the white columns from the projects. I must change my project so that it has no multiple choice, as the system I have is ineffective. A type-in answer system would greatly improve the user's experience. They would be able to answer at anytime.

Alex Lee

What we need to work on is the project because there is a lot of glitches in our whole entire project because we need to communicate better on how to do everything and we also have some problems with collaborating together.

Super Mario: Learning Eddition

by: 20leea
By: Rauk
By: 20leea

Group Project: Platform Game

Alex:

Ula:

Khalid:

Rahil:

Design

User Interface: Third person view

Characters:  

unnamed.jpg

Levels:

Level 4:

Boss: Kang John Yun, Evil Drones

Plan

Time: 4-6 hours each

Money: Zero Dollars

Rahil

Alex

Khalid

Ula

Date

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Not Available

Alex

Not

Available

Ula

Not

Available

Rahil

Not

Available

Khalid

Upload all the main characters

Upload backgrounds

Upload the bosses

Create level 1

Create level 2

Create level 3

Create level 4

Add all projects together

Add transitions

Upload project on  to Scratch

Create

Developer’s Logs

Group Session 1: 5.22.15: 30 minutes

Alex:

Khalid:

Ula:

Rahil:

Alex: 5.27.15

Khalid 5/27/15

Ula: 5.27.15

Image result for flower fieldMy background from pixabay.com called folwer field.

Khalid El-Halabi

May 28,2015

10:00-10:15

I had made the basis of what I think the level that I am working on should look like. I had needed to integrate the questions into the game in during this session. I was not able to put the background above as I believe I need the actual file to produce the best results.

Ula

May 29

Alex

May 29th

Khalid

May 29th

Evaluate

Ulas Individual Project:

Rahil Ahmed

Khalid El-Halabi

Alex’s Individual Project:

Plan for Improvement

Ula Pranevicius

Rahil Ahmed

Khalid El-Halabi

Alex Lee

The Papi Banana Game

by: 20breent

Investigate

We will design a side scroller game in which the player moves around the main sprite with arrow keys in order to cause the sprite to collect lives, answer questions, and beat the bosses. We will teach 3 different subjects from what we learned in 7th grade.

Rachel will deal with the easy level, which is about math and solving for the variable of an equation.

Christie will deal with the medium level, which is about geography and the player needs to answer questions about geographical details.

Thomas will deal with the hardest and final level, which is about science, like chemistry.

Design

Game Mechanic: Side Scroller. Player uses arrow keys to move the sprite to collect lives. They answer questions using the “ask” block.

Object Obstacle: Boss sprites that are annoying and weird. Bosses ask really hard questions about a specific subject and if you answer them right, you get to hit the boss and make the boss lost health. If you fail to answer the question, then the boss attacks you and you lose a life. I think we should have multiple characters to chose from like they do in Mario Kart.

Chrome: Sprites- A main sprite like and 3 bosses that are really weird. (Pictures are in the Breakdown section)

Backdrops- beach, desert, road.We will use the ones given by the Scratch backdrops

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Thomas’ Characters

Create Christie’s Characters

Create Rachel’s Characters

Create Thomas’ Backgrounds

Create Rachel’s Backgrounds

Create Christie’s Backgrounds

Animate Thomas’ Level (including music)

Create Thomas’ dialogue

Create Christie’s dialogue

Create Rachel’s dialogue

Create Intro

Create credit roll

Create title sequence

Music
(Rachel) EXO Call me Baby Instrumental/ Colbie Colliat Try Instrumental.

(Thomas) Onision I'm A Banana/ Dubstep Drop The Bass.

(Christie) Nigahiga & Josh Golden S.W.G Instrumental/ Sia Elastic Heart Instrumental.

Objective:

A sprite needs to escape places where it is. Whenever you ask a question wrong, you lose a life, but if you answer it correctly, you lose none. It is a good idea to have the most lives until you meet the boss. Mini games where the first game is easy, then gets harder and harder and the bosses gets more annoying and harder to achieve. In the regular mini game, you can move around to collect lives, but then you answer a question. Every interval of freedom between questions is important to use the arrow keys to find lives. The instructions to beat the boss is in the Object Obstacle section. Defeating a boss allows you to go on to the next level or win entire game. If you lose, you need to restart the entire game. And make sure not to get them pissed off so they just rage quit.

This is Our Main Sprite:

Breakdown of what each person is going to do:

Rachel Choi: The first level out of the three, which is easy. It is about math, where the player bumps into an obstacle, and they have to answer math questions to keep moving on. The boss level includes questions that are mixed in with a harder level math questions, and if this stage is won, the player is awarded with a chance to advance to the next level. Also, my background will the road DUN DUN DUN...scary.PNG

This is the boss sprite...just a random pokemon character I found on the Internet.

Christie Choi: The second level out of the three, which is medium. It is about geography, like locations of places around the world, capitals of places, geographical features like mountains, native languages of a country, where a famous person or show is from, and nicknames of states. There will be 10 questions. The boss level would have really really hard questions about geography. The boss sprite will be:

Thomas Breen: The third level out of three . The hardest level. It’s about science, physics and chemistry. First, you have to make the right acid to get the boss tipsy. You will have to mix substances to create the cyanide to kill the boss, which will be a dogedoge.jpg

Plan

Resources

Materials: Sprites, like the minion with bananas, boss sprite #1 which is the weird fire thingy, boss sprite #2 which is Melvin who is a really creepy looking Asian, and the boss sprite #3, which is the Doge.

Tools: Computer, Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/), Google Images, Paint Tools

Labor: Group Project- Christie will make the introduction and the second level in which the boss is the creepy Asian guy. The second level will be about geography and it will be the second easiest. She will have to make the introduction. Rachel will make the credits and the easiest level in which the boss is the red purple thing. Her level will be about pre-algebra. It will be the easiest and most basic. Thomas will make his own level, which is the hardest level. The boss is the Doge. Since he has the hardest level, he will just do his own level.

Time: 12 days

Location: Thomas, Rachel, and Christie’s homes, school, Hangouts/Google Docs.

Money: $0

Group Log: 5/22 8:30-9:00 AM, BSGE

Christie Choi:

Rachel Choi:

Thomas Breen:

• Thomas Breen-  5/27, 5:29 PM,, Home

I am way behind schedule. I barely started animating my scratch. All i have is the title sequence. I made this three slides to make it funnier.

5/27, 8:15 AM-8:55 AM, School

Thomas Breen

Christie Choi

Rachel Choi

Hub Fun

Group Project Journal:

Investigate:

We were thinking that our game shouldn’t be a remix and I thought that it would be fun if the game was original. We wanted our game to include some action and suspense allowing the gamer to have fun playing the game while still making the game educational. We could make our game a logic game where the character needs to experience some weird adventure and then uses his/her critical thinking skills to get out of this weird land. This game is able to put the player in a weird position causing him or her to be extremely careful of his or her actions. Like Ayiti the character has to learn how to support his/her family and we want our game to intrigue the gamer and make them have the will to beat the game. ~Sofija Obradovic

Design:

Game Mechanics:  

Rules:

1. You only have a few lives so make sure that you use your many lives usefully.

2. Try and stay safe by staying away from the other characters.                                      (Warning: Other characters could slay you and make you lose lives.)   

3. Play games using whatever skill(s) needed in the game.      

Gameplay:

The players will be able to do all of this by going into different worlds and trying to complete each world with a certain amount of lives. For each world the life count will be set to three and then go down as they lose lives. This, however, will not affect other worlds/games.

User Interface/ Game controls:

1. The player would use the P button in order to return to the hub.

2. The player would use the mouse to click on the world(s) in order to choose the world they want to go to.

3. Each game will have controls that are specific to their game, but the main controls will be the arrows to move around and space to jump. (If applies.)

Chrome:

Zainab: The fact that the graphics will be fun and you have to keep trying to reach the top makes the game interesting and would eventually engage the player.  Also the sound effects would make the game more fun to play.  

Sofija: The sound effects will have a lot of effect on my project because they have to provide the sound effects for my fire blazing that will be taking place in the world.

Franklin: The sound effects will allow the gamer to be more enthusiastic to keep persisting in reaching the highest level they can. The graphics will grab the player’s attention and allow them to be more lively when playing the game.

Julie: The graphics will be very interactive, since you will be able to create your own world.

Objective:

Story: The story will begin by the player being introduced to the main character which will be their avatar. The story will end once the player has defeated the final boss.

Characters:      Name: The Doctor

Age: 1900 yrs old

Backstory: Comes from a small town named Leadworth in England. Is Scottish. Is

a  ginger. Very brave. Very strong. Is very patient and clever. Loses faith easily but gains his trust in people quickly.

Levels (Worlds):

Sofija: My world will be based off a fire/hell type world. You will have to have a concept of chemistry and creating different chemical equations in order to pass the level. This will correspond to the fire around the player.

Julie: My world will be like terraria, and can be based in the player's decisions in crafting. You will have to collect a part of an apple in order to move onto the next level, which would serve as a link to other games.

Zainab: My world will be a world up in the sky with clouds (I know it sounds weird). You must jump on clouds, however, you can only jump on the ones that have the corresponding word that fits the definition on the bottom of your screen. You will be working your way up to the top, in which you will have won the level.  As time progresses however, the words/definitions get more difficult and become more advanced in vocabulary.  (question and answer)

Franklin: My world would be an undersea place without any levels and there would just be lives.

Obstacles:

Sofija: There will be a riddle that will have to be completed in order to stop the fire that could potentially kill the player.

Franklin: There will be some sort of timer that will stop the whole game when the answer given is not correct.

Zainab: There will be clouds with incorrect answers on them, and if the player chooses that, he/she will get bumped down to a lower level.  

Julie: There are creepers and gels that will try to attack you, but you can kill them with an axe.

Bosses: There will be one overall boss in the fifth world. There will be bosses or challenges in each world that will have to be completed in order to get the supplies for the last world.

Sofija: There will be a boss in my world that will be creating fire that comes down on the player and the player has to figure how to stop the fire from burning them.

Julie: No bosses...

Zainab: No bosses...

Franklin: The boss will be sea animals trying to disturb the process of the balls movement.

Puzzles:

Sofija: There will be a question that asks what the player would like to do with the fire and it will have to involve chemistry and a basic knowledge of combining elements.

Julie: at the bottom of the screen, there will be trivia questions when you open a chest.

Zainab: On the bottom of the screen, definitions or words will pop up, and player will have to match the definition/word with the matching cloud that has the corresponding definition/word.   Player must correctly match definitions with words (or vice versa), and this tests the player’s knowledge in vocabulary.  

Franklin: The questions will pop up in the form of a question when the ball touches the floor.

Leveling up: The player can choose which world they would like to enter first and can go to each world at any time. Once they have completed all levels they then may enter the last level.

Chrome:

Art/Graphics: The graphics are going to be based off of cartoons. They won’t look so much like real people but like animations.

Sound/music: The intro screen will have music as well as the hub. All of the games should have some sort of music as well that corresponds to their world.

Academic Content:

Sofija: Was explained in puzzles.

Julie: The graphics are based on the player, which allows them to interact completely.

Zainab: Explained in puzzles...

Franklin: There will be some sort of positive music that will cause the gamer to be enthusiastic into winning the game, and the art will be the apples that will pop out.

Project Plan:

Resources:

Materials: Sprites, backdrops, sounds, costumes, remixes, blocks/script

Tools: Computer, Scratch, Google Images, Paint tools

Labor: Franklin Wong, Sofija Obradovic, Julie Mae Angevine, and Zainab Mansoor

Time: We will spend 12 days on our project. Each person will spend 7 days on their own project. Then we will spend 5 days fixing and editing all of the projects together and putting it all together.  

Location: Home and virtually online (We will meet on the google docs hangout and we will meet on the gmail google hangouts.)

Money: $0

Create:

Franklin

Julie

Zainab

Sofija

All Group Members

Tasks

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

6/2

Create the doctor

Create Zainab’s World

Create Franklin’s World

Create Sofija’s world

Create the intro.

Create 5th world

Create the overall boss

Create the TARDIS sprite

Create the winning screen (For entire game)

Create losing screen

Create credits roll

Create hub screen

Edit the animation

Date: 5/22/15   Time: 8: 30 am  Location: BSGE            

Sofija: The project work today went really well. We worked together efficiently. We were also able to make some progress but not a lot of progress. I think that our project is starting to come together.

Franklin: The project was fun to do. The group worked together to get the project done. Sofija and Julie went searching for the main character, while Zainab and I created the title page and make sure that it seemed nice. The only problem was that some people in the group went playing games and putting random stuff in the backpack.

Zainab: The work we did today went great. We didn’t make too much progress, however, we do have most of our plan laid out and ready. I think we could work quicker as a group, but other than that, I think we were for the most part cooperative. My group members found usable sprites, I laid out the basics for my project, and we all worked together to get a sense of where we were all at in the progress of completing our projects.  We followed our schedule for the most part, preparing for what’s to come.

Julie: Our work was done efficiently. Sofija and I both went looking for the characters to place in the game. We found a TARDIS to break up, and we did so that we could separate it into our individual games.

Date: 5/ 29/15  Time: 8: 15 am   Location: BSGE

Franklin: The project was fun to do and we got much done, but some members of the group, including me, still need to work on the project and get it done. I have finished the introduction of our group game and in order to complete this game I will need to meet with the group before the project is due. In addition to that, we still need to put the individual games on the group

Sofija: Today went really well and we got a lot of work done together. Even though we are still behind I think that today really helped us get back on track just a little bit.

Zainab: Our work today was amazing. We all worked together and were compatible with each other.  As a group, we fixed each others’ problems and Franklin worked on our main hub where we connect all our minigames.  According to our chart, we are behind schedule. I haven’t completed my entire game yet, and neither has some other group members.  We need to work faster if we want to get this done on time.

Julie: Today went EXTREMELY well. We worked together efficiently and have gotten really far in the project. We are steering it to an end, and will connect the final game soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZAINAB’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual)

Date: 5/29/15  Time: 4:23  Location: Local Library (Queens Library)

Zainab: I decided to work on my individual project while studying at the library. I am a little bit behind schedule according to my charts, so I need to become more efficient in what I produce in the time given.  So far, I need to edit the last few backgrounds and make my nyan cat sprite less glitchy and sensitive.  I also need to add one last question to my project as a whole, meaning that I will need to make a whole new background and script for that. This could possibly take me another 2 hours.

Date: 6/1/15  Time: 5:39 Location: Home

Zainab: Today was a very stressful work session for me.  I was on schedule, however, my game wasn’t working properly because of complications in my computer.  As a result, I was set back for an hour or so until my computer finally worked. Even though i was on schedule, it was hard for me to work since it was confusing for me to make my sprites and backgrounds work properly since in class, I had made an error and forgot where it was located in my scripts.  Also, while at the library, i had misnamed and made incorrect scripts for one sprite so I need to correct that.  This might take me an estimated time of one and a half hours.  

Date: 6/1/15  Time: 5:58  Location: Home

Zainab: I completed the last parts of my individual project and published it, fixing all glitches and errors that caused inconsistencies. I made it run smoother and added the last questions and scripts that needed to be added.  I finished refining the script and my game is error and glitch free (unless of course there is an error that I haven’t caught which i highly doubt). My game is ready to be published and added to the main game.  According to our chart, I am just waiting for my other group members to finish up with publishing their individual projects.

Date: 6/1/15  Time: 7:32  Location: Home

Zainab: After doing so, I added my personal project to the main group game, making our final project.  However, my computer is getting overrun because all of us are on our group account and we are all working on the group project that has more than 400 assets in it. Overall my computer isn’t very compatible with projects over 100 assets, but now not only do I have a project with a greater number of assets, but all users in my group are also logged in on the project and are making edits at the same time I am.  This was a setback for me, but eventually i found a time when most of my group members weren’t on and moved my scripts into the project.  It worked out bad, since I needed to transport ALL my backdrops and ALL my sprites, which was hard.  Then I had to rename them, and edit my script to fit the new names. However, I got the work done and now I am finished.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s the stuff for the credits:

Fire Extinguisher: http://pixabay.com/p-29545/?no_redirect

Doctor and TARDIS: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/280/f/5/doctor_who_sprites___set_1_complete_by_myst_saphyr-d5gw6t5.png

Fire: http://pixabay.com/p-41505/?no_redirect

Dalek: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/150/f/0/dalek_zeg_lines_by_jlfletch_colors_by_mee__by_randomsketchgeek247-d51n5xl.png

Evaluate:

Animation URL: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63700030/

PLAN FOR IMPROVEMENT

Date: 6/4/15 Time: 8: 18 am Location: School

Zainab: As a group, we have a few priorities to improve our game.  To begin with, we need to make a credits roll for our project and we need to separate Sofija’s project from Franklin’s project. To fix our project, we will need to re-organize some aspects of our group game.  Additionally, we will need to collect all credits from each member and make a credits roll at the ed of our game.  

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63700030/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/64673336/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

VSGE

by: 20tranj

Investigate:

Overall Idea:

The sprite attends the school VSGE--Virtual School of Global Education. The sprite starts off outside the school, and to get in, the player clicks the door. Once inside, there is a screen that says “Welcome to VSGE--the Virtual School of Global Education. Your schedule is Spanish, Humanities, Math, then Science. Your goal is to earn at least 8 points before lunch and get some popularity. In each class, the player gets 20 seconds to read as much information as possible before class starts. The player is then asked 3 multiple choice questions for each class, and if answered correctly, gets two points each question. After class two ends, if the sprite has less than 8 points, it sits alone and eats disgusting school lunch--this causes the sprite to be sad, deducting 2 points from the player. If the sprite has 8 or more points, the sprite sits with friends and eats good home food--this causes the sprite to be happy, adding 2 points to the player. Afterwards, the sprite takes 2 more classes. At the end, the sprite walks home.

Four Mini Games (Four Subjects):

1. Spanish-- Olivia (Mr.G)

2. Humanities-- Adnan (Mr.A)

3. Science-- Jaime (Mr. L or Mrs.J)

4. Math-- Hiruni (Mr. M)

Individual Product for Jaime Tran

Game Mechanics: Answer the class questions for Science Class correctly.

Objectives: Try to earn 2 points in class per question!

Obstacles: You have 10 seconds to read up on as much as you can on science before Mr. L asks you his questions! If you answer incorrectly, you don’t get points! Also, Mr. L will try and distract you as you read!

Chrome: What the classroom looks like, what Mr. L looks like, etc. Also, Jaime’s doing the part where the sprite is walking home in the end.

Design:

1. Game Mechanics: Player must choose what classes they want to go to, get through everyday school obstacles (like choosing school food and getting to classes). They enter the school and choose which two classes to take first. Then they have to answer as many questions as they can correctly.

2. Obstacles: Time limit of 10 seconds in class for reading the paragraphs and questions. The player must be able to read paragraphs in 10 seconds and/or answer 3 questions in that same time limit. Paragraphs will be mostly found in the Humanities level.

3. Objective: Earn enough points to gain popularity at lunch and eat good food instead of school lunch. Earn at least 8 points before lunch to eat the good food and sit with your friends. Earn extra popularity points if you do this. Earn less than 8 points before lunch, then you get the bad food and sit alone.

4. Chrome: Player walking to school, eating bad lunch and sitting alone OR eating good lunch and sitting wherever s/he wants (depending on # of points earned), walking home after school end, graphics, type of characters and backgrounds. The type of characters look like actual teachers and backgrounds look like our actual classes.

Design Individual Product for Jaime:

Information for science class:

Newton’s first law is that objects in motion tend to stay in motion and objects at rest tend to stay UNLESS acted on by an outside force.  Inertia is the tendency of an object to resist change. More mass=more inertia. Mass is measured in grams or kilograms.

Newton’s second law is that the force on an object depends on its mass and acceleration. Mass=force/acceleration, Acceleration=force/mass, Force=mass times acceleration.

Newton’s third law is that for every action force, there is an equal and opposite reaction force. For example, if you are on an ice rink, you exert force by pushing the wall and the wall exerts the same amount of reaction force at you, causing you to glide backwards or fall back.

Questions for Class:

1. Suppose you hit a tennis ball with a tennis racket so that the ball hits the floor. The racket exerts a force on the ball, and the ball exerts a force as well. Which is the reaction force?

1. The ball’s exerted force  b.  the racket’s exerted force  c. the floor’s exerted force  d. there is no reaction force, it’s both action

2.  Which has more inertia, a 10 g doll or a 100 kg boulder?

1. the boulder   b.  they both have equal inertia   c. they have no inertia  d. doll

3. Which law does this apply to: Harry’s dad is driving really fast on an empty highway. Suddenly, a deer runs into the car’s path, and Harry’s dad slams on the brakes. Harry moves forward until the seat belt pulls him back.

1. third law  b. all three laws  c. first law  d.  second law

Science background: (picture of a science classroom)

Plan:

Resources

Tools: Computer, Scratch.com, creative commons, Google, mywebface.com

Materials: Sprites from Mywebface and Scratch, classroom backgrounds, school backgrounds,

• Scripts/Blocks: If then else, when green flag clicked, when this sprite clicked, etc.

Location: School, Google Hangouts, Google Doc. Chat

Time: 12 Days

Money: $0.00

Labor:

Olivia: Sprite at lunch with bad food, individual game

Jaime: Sprite going home, individual game

Hiruni: Sprite at lunch with good food, sprite in math class (individual game)

Adnan: Introduction, how to start game. Make sprite enter school and select subject and then upload the subject that has been selected. Individual game

Action Plan:

CREATE

Developer’s Logs:

Group Developer’s Log #1 5/22 10:00--10:20 @Bsge

Olivia

Adnan started by creating the introduction for our project on our group scratch. He made the start and story sprite and coded it. Hiruni and I upload our sprites to our individual project.

Jaime

Adnan made part of the introduction, and we worked on our sprites. I was able to complete the first teacher for my game, but did not make Mr. L yet. The first teacher is a sprite that will be used if Mr. Laskowski does not approve of Mr. L. Overall I think we did very well and were very efficient in a span of 20 minutes.

Hiruni

We started with importing sprites and making the intro to our game. Adnan created the intro with the start button and the story. Olivia, Jaime, and I worked on uploading and creating new sprites. Jaime had to make a new sprite to temporarily replace the one she made before. I feel like we did a lot in that amount of time but maybe could’ve done a little more instead of spending too much time on making the sprites.

Adnan

Today Olivia  was working on making her sprites, she had uploaded the character of Mr. G and programed it to some things. Jaime was able to have scripts but still needs consent to remove the picture of the cat in place with the teacher is is working with. In the end I feel that we could have a done a little better but we still did a good job.

Group Developer’s Log #2 5/27 9:55-10:15 @Bsge

Olivia

During this period, Jaime and I weren't able to do anything. Our computers wouldn't load and the internet wouldn't work. Hiruni was able to work on her chrome part, and make some templates for it. Adnan was also able to work on his individual project and added more questions.                                             

Jaime

Hiruni made the chrome background and Adnan fixed up the introduction. Olivia and I didn't get to really do anything because of the bad internet. Adnan showed me how to make a variable for a scoreboard. Overall we didn't really do anything because the Internet was really slow.

Hiruni

I worked mostly on the good lunch scene (chrome) and adnan continued a little on the intro. We weren’t able to do much since the internet wasn’t working well. Olivia and Jaime were trying to load their websites during that time.

Adnan

I was able to make and complete the introduction of the group project however my partners were not able to do quite as much as I since they couldn’t access their computers right away. I also helped Jaime understand how to use the variable.  

Jaime’s Developer’s Log #3 5/27 9:00--9:30 PM @Home

I finished the first part of the game--the part where the player reads the information for ten seconds. Tomorrow I will start on the questions, and I think I might finish tomorrow. Everything went smoothly, and I think I’m back on task again and on schedule.

Jaime’s Developer’s Log #4 5/28 10:00--10:30 PM @Home

I didn’t exactly do much today. I really just did two questions; I have one more left, and then the chrome. I realized that I have no time on the weekends and Friday, so I’m trying to rush...but maybe I’ll be able to squeeze in a little time in between to work. As Olivia said in her developer’s log, I have more unavailable days than planned and this is really frustrating to me...WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY PLANS?!?

Group Developer’s Log #3 5/29 9:50--10:16 @Bsge

Olivia

Today, my websites actually loaded (after a while) and I was able to do some work. As a group, we decided that the time for the reader to read the info. would be different for each game. We also cleared up many misunderstanding about our projects. Today, I worked on reprograming my game and began my questions. Jaime finished her questions, and so did Adnan. Hiruni was working on her chrome and her individual project and got a lot done.

Adnan

Today I was able to make and almost finish my questions. I need to upload the picture of the classroom still however of Mr. A’s Room. Other than that I have minimal worries and will hopefully finish on time.

Jaime

We decided that 10 seconds for info-reading is too little, so we are all changing it to different times. For me, I’m changing it to 20 seconds. I finished my questions today, but I’m still worried because I still have my chrome part.

Hiruni

Today we got to finish a lot of work, compared to how much we usually get done. We discussed how the time for each individual project will not work for the group one. We worked on backgrounds and making our chrome parts. I feel like if I continue working like this I can finish in time. However if i don’t do some things that i planned before, I will not be able to do them in time so I need to manage my time better. Jaime finished her individual project questions, Adnan worked on fixing the intro characters.

Jaime’s Developer’s Log #4 5/30 4:00--4:30 @Home

I finished my chrome part, and my part of the game. Now all I need to do is put everything together. I’m happy about this because I didn’t think I had time. 

Group Developer’s Log #4 6/01 5:37-12:01 AM :O   (we have no shame because we have used it all up on this project)

Olivia

Today we were able to finish our project and work on it all together, and put it together. Since we can’t all go on the group account at once, we decided to all go on at different times, but we used google hangouts to talk and keep track. I think we worked well to finish this, the only problem would be the repetitive editing and revising. Jaime, Hiruni and I stayed to do this and we revised many times, while Adnan did his part and left. The only problem we had was that Mr. L came in too early and wouldn’t work properly. We worked really hard all 3 of us did, to try and fix it. But nothing worked. We tried so hard and spent so much time, and we were finally able to fix it in the end.

Adnan

Today we finished our project but we had to make new broadcasts so that one subject would transition into the next. However we had to remove the idea of allowing to choose the schedule otherwise it would be too confusing. It would require a lot more time to it. I however wasn’t able to help since I wasn’t there too see everyone put it together but my part was but up. However they were able to fix the problem and made the entire project move smoothly.  

Jaime

We finished everything. We used google hangouts, and we all worked very hard on this. Olivia, Hiruni and I did a lot of the editing because the game kept glitching. We decided to take away a schedule and just have one. My teacher, Mr. L, kept appearing in odd places. This was very frustrating, but we were finally able to fix it.

Hiruni

Today we finished up the whole project. It was a lot of work to do since we all worked on it at different times but we told each other what we were doing so no one will get lost. We tried to fix the sprites that kept on popping up all over the place but it was hard to fix it. Jaime, Olivia, and I tried taking turns to fix this. We made sure each others’ sprites were acting fine and their part of the project wasn’t going wrong. Adnan left earlier and wasn’t able to do much today. We didn’t know we would have to work this much, but we worked hard to get it done. We tried our very best to finish the project and make it run smoothly but glitches kept happening that required us to redo scripts which we did not have time to do. We really hoped that the game will turn out right because we don’t know what else to do if it glitches again.

Jaime’s Individual Project + Chrome Part:

< https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63806150/ >

1. I may not have the best graphic designs, but I know that I worked hard on creating the chrome part of the game, which is the ending. My game does not play when pressed, and this is because I didn’t want to inconvenience myself and my group members when putting things together. I also tried to make sure my broadcasts were unique.

2. My individual product could have been better if I had done things like added more questions and better graphics. Honestly, when Mr. L kept popping up it was one of the most frustrating parts of this game-making process.

3. My chrome part was to have the sprite walking home. It brought everything to a close, showing the sprite going home after a long day at school. It signifies the end of the game when the sprite goes inside the house.

4. Again, my graphics could have been better. I could have spent more time on it to maybe add in credits, etc.

5. Olivia was very good with figuring things out last minute. This is one of the reasons why I picked her to be in my group--I know that she’ll be ready to fix any problems that arise. Hiruni was very efficient and productive--I really liked how she was very enthusiastic about helping people with the work, and never refused to help. Adnan was very skilled with the work that he did, and I was very impressed with how quickly he could do things.

6. Olivia could have maybe not left things last minute, though she figured everything out in the end and everything resolved itself. Hiruni could have maybe checked in on the hangouts more, as she was working on the project and not really being active often on hangouts. However, she was still there and still helped a lot, so nothing was really bad. Adnan left before the editing could be done, and left a lot of stressful work for us, though he didn’t know and so it’s not really his fault.

Group Developer’s Log 6/05 9:39 @ BSGE Plan For Improvement

Olivia

For my part, I will be adding credits to our animation. This way we will be following all parts of the constraints and requirements. Hiruni will be animating the background to fit the whole project. Jaime will be adding music to all the “classes”. Adnan will be creating transitions for the sprites and have them walk into classroom.

Hiruni

For my part, I will be making the backgrounds animated so they look like cartoons not real places. Jaime will be working on the music for the project. Olivia will be adding the credits roll. Adnan will be creating the transitions between each class and the sprite entering and exiting.

Adnan

For my part, I will be creating the transitions between the sprite going from and to the other class and show it walking into the classroom for every class. Hiruni will make the backgrounds animated so that they don’t look like vague real places. Jaime is working on the music and olivia is making credits

Jaime

For my part, I will be doing music. I will add music to each “class” for the subjects. Hiruni

will be making backgrounds animated, Olivia will be adding credits, Adnan will be creating transitions.

My Class: Harry Potter theme song or

Olivia’s Class: Barbie “I’m Just Like You” music, or “Bad Blood” by Taylor Swift

Adnan’s Class: “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton or “Hall of Fame” by The Script

Hiruni’s Class: “I Really Don’t Care” by Demi Lovato, or “Dynamite”

Cartoonize: http://kusocartoon.com/photo-to-cartoon.php