All news in Gaming and New Media

Devious Dungeon

by: 20tranh

My project:

Anab: history themed mario/skyrim mix

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64472552/

Shoumik: a troll goes through an obstacle course and answers questions

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63567374/

Rachael: Black Butler anime themed interactive game

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65058476/ Final:

Final:

....

Unit 4 Project Journal

By: Shoumik,, Helen, Rachael, and Anab

Investigate

Helen: I will make a RPG anime themed game that focuses on a character from an anime called Bleach that goes through an obstacle course that has the player answer questions based on the english subject. (English and grammar)

Group:

The four main characters in the stories will be stuck in a dungeon. Because each of the four characters are from either an anime or a video game, the player will be able to choose which tunnel they enter for a challenge. When they enter the dungeon they choose, they will find themselves, as the main character, in the setting of that anime or video game. There, they will overcome academic challenges to reach each mini-game’s goal.

Design

Game Mechanics:

Helen:

Rules: The player, Ichigo, must get through a path. In order to escape their world, he must answer questions on anything in the English subject that includes grammar and comprehension. He will pause when encountering each obstacle and answer the question before resuming the course. Each level  or obstacle course is cleared when he reach a checkpoint.

Game Play/Game Engine: The player answers questions as they go through a course.

User Interface: Left and Right arrow keys, X, Y, C Space,

Objectives:

Helen:

Story

The main character,  Ichigo, is in the Soul Society ( Soul Reaper World ). He wants to get back, but there are mysterious Hollows (monsters i guess) trying to block his way, asking English themed questions that seem weird.

Characters

Ichigo, Hollows,

Levels

Each level has a hollow asking a question. there should be about 4 or 5 stages. and a final stage where the question is really tough.

Obstacles:

Helen: The obstacles are the Hollows, and the hard questions. Also, the Hollows will cause the player to lose health, or lives, and when he loses all the lives, he will have to start the game over.

Chrome:

Helen: I will add music from the anime that is allowed to be used. I can also add visual effects when the player is hurt or gets the answer from the question wrong.

Plan

Resources:

Tools:

Scratch

http://spritedatabase.net/

Other people’s work on Scratch

Materials

Sprites  

Backgrounds

Labor:

Anab, Helen, Shoumik, and Rachel

Each will create a game to contribute to the final group collaboration.

In the final collaboration, each person will contribute a bit

Time: 20 hours

Money: $0

Location:

BSGE

Library

Tech Room

Home

Action Plan:

5/19

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

Shoumik Enemy Sprites

Shoumik

Boss Sprites

Shoumik Academic Questions

Shoumik

Back- grounds

Shoumik Creating Animation

Helen

Music

Helen

Backgrounds and Backdrops

Helen

Questions

Helen Emeny Sprites

Helen Sprites and Boss Sprites

Helen Game Animation

Anab

Khan Back- grounds

Anab Enemy Sprites

Anab

Boss Sprites and Character.

Anab

Traps

Anab Academic Questions

Anab

Music

Anab Animation

Rachael Sprites

Rachael

Background

Rachael Opening Story

Rachael Questions

Rachael Music

Rachael Animation

Opening Scene

Group

Project

Credits

Putting together the whole project

Shoumik

Helen

Anab

Rachael

Helen:

Developer’s Log #1:

5/21, 2:05. Tech Room

While sitting with my group, I individually created the account and created the project.

Problems:

• Usernames were hard to come  up with

• cooperation with our group was a bit hard

Solutions:

• we came up with otaku31

Developer’s Log #2:

5/23/15, 5:46, Car (yes i did this in the car while i was on a trip to Jericho)

I looked around for games to remix and found a few games i could use components from. I also edited backdrops and saved usernames for credit.

Problems:

• Finding a project was hard

• The scripts were hard to understand

Solutions:

• I found a project after a while

• I figured I wouldn’t touch the remixed sprites

Developers Log #3

5/26 1:30PM At School Technology Room

I made the project title page for our final project and also worked on my project.

Problems:

• I didn’t have time to do much

• The resolution of the image changed

Solutions:

• I would continue at home

• I would look fr the exact pixel dimensions of the scratch stage.

Developer’s Log #4:

5/27/15, 2:52, School Library

I decided to remix someone else’s project. I also changed the background.

Developer’s Log #5:

5/31/15

I worked on the rest of the project and finished it. It was kinda late, but I was busy and realized that i couldn’t follow my gantt chart because of other needed activities. I also created the animation for the final project and included music and a game menu.

Problems:

• I accidentally replaced my project with the final unfinished one.

• I decided to skip the music in the beginning of the game, since I decided to spend all night working on my project instead

Solutions:

• Work on the project all night and insert it into the final when I finish

Group Logs:

Group Log #1:

5/21/15, 2:05. Tech Room

We created our technology Scratch account, otaku31. Since there were two boys and two girls quickly assembled together working together was a bit of a hassle. However we still got a considerable amount of work done.

Group Log #2:

5/26/15 2:01PM Technology Room

We discussed the due dates, of when we would put together the entire project, and get everything done.

Group Log #3:

5/28/15 2:03PM Technology Room

Everyone finished making their sprites backdrops, some of our members were doing their individual projects and some of us laid out the basic foundation for what the group project should look like.

Group Log #4:

5/31/15, 1PM-11PM At home, on hangouts

We were on hangouts throughout the day, working and discussing our project as we finished our project and attached them together.

Reflection:

1. Some strengths I can highlight was the variation of things, not just like one type of game throughout the whole thing.

2. There could have been more levels to make the game more interesting

3. Our group work could have improved if we meet up more and if we had time to collaborate with each other nicely.

4. Everyone collaborated an equal amount, I made the animation and art for the final project, Rachael made the credits and helped animate, anab gave us advice when we needed help, and shoumik made sure everything played out.

5. I should’ve been online with my group more, shoumik should’ve done his things on time, Rachael and anab should’ve talked to the oup more but you can’t blame anyone because we are all busy. I can’t really say this because everyone did a lot of work.

Group Developer’s Log#5:  Plan for Improvement

6/3 1:25PM Technology Room

Rachael: I need to work on the variables, about how when a diagram is shown, it is closed with either pressing the spacebar or the “d” key. However, this may interfere with the user, if he/she accidentally presses the button by accident during another game, and my project shows up.

Helen: I want to work on my individual project and the chrome of my game because the boss level isn’t as good as i imagined it to be.

For example, I should make the hollows (monsters and obstacles) more animated so that it is more interesting. Also, I should’ve added music because I forgot to and it made the game a bit plain.

Anab: I want to fix the glitch that my game had.  It glitches and I don’t know why. I also want to add bosses in my project. It would make it more interesting. I would improve the glitches that occur in my game. For example, there is a glitch where even if you get the question right, you lose a life.

Shoumik: If I had the chance to improve the group project, I would have helped my group I would help my group mates improve all of the glitches that appear, in the group project. There were lots of annoying glitches that made the game seem incomplete, and yeah.

We talked as a group and agreed that we should have worked our individual project.

Hobo Bobs Mortal Kombat Kidnap

individual projects for Román : I will make it so that he must answer question to get weapons and then he will fight many Squares until he reaches scorpion and then the ultra boss which he must fight using combos, keystrokes and a question for fatality.

Ultimate boss Questions:

For Ultra Weapon

A. In 1804, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark began the first exploration of the American west, from what city? B. And they followed what river westward for 1,000 miles ? C. And they reached the Pacific in what state?  A. St. Louis, Mississippi River, Oregon

• In a 5 by 12 rectangle, one of the diagonals is drawn and circles are inscribed in both right triangles thus formed. Find the distance between the centers of the two circles? Answer: 6

• How acidic is a acid that has a pH of 1?

Answer: Very acidic

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

create silang's characters

create benjamin’s characters

Create Roman’s

characters

Create Akshay’s Characters

create boss sprites

create enemies  (squares) sprites

create platform sprites

create settings/backgrounds

Make Weapons Sprites

animate benjamin’s level

animate akshay’s level

animate roman’s level

animate siliangs’s level

create credits

create intro

import individual projects

link projects

music/ sound

Siliang

Akshay

Roman

Benjamin

Roman  We worked on our own projects. And finished up on some  things such as sounds, sprites and weapons we continued and elaborated some scripts. I experienced zero difficulties

Roman we tested eachothers games and were relatively productive.

Roman : I worked very hard and helped people with their individual projects to make glitches not happen

Roman : I would fix my developers logs and the groups linking because Akshay couldnt figure out how to link our projects but we found out some of the problems with the linking and could easily have them solved in time.

',width:'100',height:'100'" width="100" height="100" align="" />

The Trapped Bob

by: 20leis
1st stage of individual project

Game Proposal: this game would be a platformer. will incorporate history, science, and math.the enemies in this game would be squares. there are 4 levels and last level there is a hard boss. arrow keys would be to move. not all enemies are squares, but most are. will have some unique things in it which would be discussed later.

individual projects for benjamin: i am going to do the level in which history is incorporated. i’m going to make all these platforms in which they will only come down if you answer that history question. as you go along it gets harder. there would be some squares that will kill you if they touch you. squares also have weapons. there is going to be 5 platforms. main objective  is to get to the door. boss at end would be napoleon bonaparte. must answer how he died or he kills you. there would be tips, but there would be some history facts along with it. there is also lava.  

Individual Project for Siliang :  My game will be a platform game. The main character is a red ball with a face. There will be certain obstacles that will try to stop the sprite from reaching the end. The obstacles will be blue squares that will shoot out balls that will diminish the sprite’s health. The sprite will only get 1 health. There will be 3 parts to my individual project. The first and second parts will have blue squares as enemies and paddles that serve as platforms. The last part will have a boss which the sprite has to jump onto in order to defeat. When in motion. gravity will play a factor into it. My project will be hard at first and then gets easier as the sprite gets further.

individual projects for akshay : My thing would be on math. I will have this world called the math factory which is a level  in the group project that incorporates math in games. You would have equilateral quadrilaterals as enemies and must avoid them in order to succeed. The force machine would be in effect and questions would be asked regularly in order to continue on in the level. You will have a giant as a boss. The boss would be unlocked at the end of the level. You must answer the bonus math question to defeat him.

Design:

Game mechanics:

1. Rules- use arrow keys to move. Use space to to fire weapon. up arrow is to jump. use q to switch weapon. you must solve the questions along the way. all levels would be do able. questions would be 7th grade level. it would be helpful if players don’t use the internet. be respectful at all times. weapons have an infinite ammo supply. weapons would be grenades, guns, swords, shotguns, machine guns, bombs, and spears. s is for a genie to give hints. the genie name is Raebyllis. only one weapon per level. can gain weapons by answering questions and use these to kill bosses and squares. there is a box in the beginning of each level. answer the question correctly you received a weapon from it. weapons are deactivated after each level even though next level you can get new ones. game play/game design- is a platformer with guns and other weapons that would be accessible by answering questions. You must also answer questions to continue and defeat the bosses. can kill enemies with weapons, but not bosses. health heals every one second.

• user interface- third person interface.

Objectives:

• story- there this ball call hobo bob. he was kidnapped from his box by the squares. he escapes, but has to get out of the squares fortress of squares. there is various obstacles and he must go dodge or kill the squares with weapons that he discovers on his journey. it is up to you to help bob and direct out of the fortress of squares and to get him home to his box.

• characters- hobo bob, squares, and napoleon bonaparte, ultra square, Azkarim, tjmm cfbs

• levels- there would be  levels. each level get harder.

Obstacles:

• Bosses: napoleon bonaparte, a giant pi symbol, ultra square,

• Puzzles/Riddles-questions on math, history, science, and then the force machine.

• Leveling Up- when you touch the door you advance to next level.

Chrome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpZAJe9GpNM

• Academic content-history, math, chemistry and general science

Questions going to be ask in history section:

• what was the submarine name that was created in the revolutionary war? answer: the turtle

• who created the poem “battle of the kegs”? answer: francis hopkins

• what did the British do in response to that poem? answer: burn down his house.

• why did the british lose at the battle of saratoga? it is because william howe and some other and another general didn’t come?

• why did the americans win at the battle of yorktown? Answer: french navy prevented british navy from coming.

• what is a tactical victory?

• what was pontiac’s rebellion? it was when this chief name pontiac

• christopher columbus sailed in which year?

• did the church think that the world was round?

• do any puritans exist today?

• the anglican church separated from which church?

• What was the other form of government before the Constitution in the United States?

• what happen during the french revolution? (not 6th grade)

• what killed napoleon bonaparte? (boss question) answer: stomach cancer

Questions on Science:

• What is the acceleration of gravity?

• What is another name for the center of gravity?

• What is force divided by mass according to Newton’s second law of motion?

• Which newton law describes why it hurts when you punch a brick wall?

• Bonus question: On Earth, what is the maximum height obtained when you throw a ball with a mass of 14 kilograms upward if the ball’s the initial speed is 20m/h?

• What type of force makes an object accelerate?

• What is the distance traveled by a ball that is dropped off a building for 5 seconds?

• On Earth, what is the velocity of a ball that is dropped of a building and has traveled for 3 seconds downward?

Questions on Math:

• Is a graph with the point (0, 40) proportional? Answer: No

• What total percent of the data does the box in a box plot represent? Answer: 50%

• Bonus: What is the probability of the following event occurring: There are 20 stuffed animals in a box. There are 5 yellow bears, 5 blue bears, and 10  sillybears.You take one out every time until it’s a yellow and each time you don’t put it back. What is the probability of taking out a yellow bear on your second turn if you didn’t take one out on the first? Answer: 5/19  

• How much do you pay for a $20 coat that’s 45% off and has an 8% tax? Answer: $14.04

• Simplify: 5x + 3 = 3x -3 Answer: -3

• Name two words that describe the difference between rates and ratios. Answer: Like and Unlike

• What really is multiplication? Answer: Repeated Addition

• What is the value of y in terms of x in this equation: 15x-23y= 144?  Answer: 144-15x / -23

• Which number is the constant in this equation: 5y= 10 Answer: 0

• What is the area of a circle that has a circumference of 12 cm? Answer: 36 cm. squared

• What is the constant of proportionality in the equation: x=y? Answer: 1

• True or false: x squared = y is a linear relationship. Answer: False

Ultimate boss Questions:

For Ultra Weapon

Answer: Very acidic

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

create silang's characters

create benjamin’s characters

Create Roman’s

characters

Create Akshay’s Characters

create boss sprites

create enemies  (squares) sprites

create platform sprites

create settings/backgrounds

Make Weapons Sprites

animate benjamin’s level

animate akshay’s level

animate roman’s level

animate siliangs’s level

create credits

create intro

import individual projects

link projects

music/ sound

Siliang

Akshay

Roman

Benjamin

group log: 5/21, 1:00pm-2:00pm, bsge

benjamin:

my group members worked on our own individual projects. we got some work done and i added some scripts and deleted some sprites. finalized all characters that were going to be used.

some difficulties i had were  that i couldn’t get the enemy to stay in one place.

some ways i could solve this by finding some scripts from a game and put it in my backpack and incorporate those scripts into my project.

Siliang

We worked on our own individual projects. We finalized what our characters will be including the enemies and the main character.

I didn’t experience any difficulties.

Akshay

My group and I worked on our individual projects. I started it today, for I had forgotten to do it yesterday. I created my square sprite, and put in some basic functions of it. One difficulty that I had was that I couldn’t access the script I wanted to use from my previous projects. I eventually found out that I had to refresh the page.

benjamin individual log: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63607522/

5:00pm to 7:00 pm on 5/21. home.

i did my project and made the enemies and terrain and also the boss and some questions. i am ahead of my schedule. some problems i encounter first is that i couldn’t seem to put enemies in a scrolling game so i had to do a non-scrolling game.

5:00pm to 7:00 pm on 5/22. home.

i  ahead of schedule. added more obstacles and enemies and more educational content. some problems i faced were that my clones wouldn’t die. i could fix this by not giving them hamealth and instead put it that at a specific time they get deleted.

3:00pm to 5:00pm on 5/30. home.

i finished my individual project. i didn’t add extra weapons and didn’t do all the questions because of time restrictions. i had some problems with glitches like the spear wouldn’t disappear, but i fixed that with a stop all block. need to finish my intro and might be late.

1:00pm to 5:00pm at home on 5/31. i didn’t follow my schedule on the gantt charts and finish intro a little bit late. mit.edu kept crashing on me and i solved that by putting all my stuff in the backpack. also one thing kept on triggering so i solved it by making sure it couldn’t trigger any more.

Akshay  Individual Log 5/22 at home: I started to work on basic movements and also the backgrounds and that stuff. One major headwind was that I wasn’t able to use the if touching color command, so I had to make sprites for every platform. This took a long time.

Akshay  Individual Log5/25 at home: Today I completed the basic game mechanics to moving around including gravity. I fixed many major bugs that were there previously. However, I still have to finish adding the questions in and adding the weapons shop.

Akshay  Individual Log 5/26 at home: I started to add in the questions, and tried to program them. However, for some reason they aren’t functioning properly. I don’t know how to fix this. I decided to postpone this task to tomorrow.

Akshay  Individual Log 5/27 at home: I continued to have the question dilemma as well as some other bugs. Also, another problem is that I can’t make it stay still when the question is being asked. In response to the question dilemma, I created an invisible sprite so that if it’s touching it, a whole bunch of other commands will execute.

Akshay  Individual Log 5/28 at home: I finished the question dilemma and moved onto making the weapon. It has been easy so far except for the fact that I can’t make it disappear after coming on contact of the enemy. Also, instead of the weapons listed there, I would be using a fireball and only a fireball. Also, because I’m behind, I will extend it for one more day. I also decided not to include the force machine.

Akshay  Individual Log 5/29 at home: Today I added some more functions to the weapon as well as add the portal question. Also I added the boss arena as well. The difficulties here were easier to overcome compared to the other one. However, after it goes to the boss arena, it asks the wrong question because of Sprite 12. Even if I move it, it will ask the question later on. I decided to fix it tomorrow.

Akshay  Individual Log 5/30 at home: Today I finally finished my individual project after many hardships. I fixed the question dilemma and also animated the boss and its weapon. One issue was that Sprite 2 was getting stuck on the purple and green platforms in the boss arena. I solved this by putting another invisible sprite that “allowed” Sprite 2 to jump.

Akshay  Individual Log 5/31 at home: Today I tried to link the projects together but had minimal success at it due to my lack of experience. Something was wrong, and my group members couldn’t figure it out. Roman eventually tried to redo the entire thing but it got late so we just put the links in the description area of the projects on Scratch.

may 21 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

Siliang  Individual Log: I made my sprite move around under the influence of gravity. I tried doing a side-scroller but I figured that it would be too challenging. Additionally, I gave my sprite 1 health in order to make my level challenging. Additionally, I created the backgrounds for my game.

may 22 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

Siliang : I was able to finish first level and make it really realistic. I made my sprite bounce when it lands from a high jump. I finished making the backgrounds for the rest of my group members’ games.

may 23 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

Siliang : I was able to start part of my second level. At first I didn’t want to do it, but I wanted to make my game longer so it holds the player’s interest.

may 24 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

Siliang : I finished my second level and started my boss level. Finishing my second level was easier than I thought. All I had to do was make the sprites go somewhere else and their role is still the same- whether to kill the sprite or serve as a platform.

may 25 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

Siliang : I thought about what I should incorporate in boss level for an hour. Then, I decided to make my boss level short and hard. The sprite had to defeat the boss by jumping onto to it 1 time. However, the boss will move insanely fast so it will be grueling to even touch the boss. At the same time, there will be another enemy sprite that will shoot balls that will diminish the sprite’s health.

may 27 2015. 5:00pm-6:00pm

Siliang : I finished my boss level. I didn’t encounter any problems.

may 28 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

Siliang : I changed the speed of the balls that will decrease the health of the character. I tried to make my game weird and stand out by making the first level the hardest and the difficulty level of each preceding level easier. Additionally, I added music to mine project and also my group member’s projects.

may 29 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

Siliang  : I made sure my game met all the requirements and constraints. Then, I shared my project. My group members viewed my game and gave me positive feedback on it. I am ahead of schedule by 1 day.

benjamin:

my group did a lot of work and i got alot done. all i need to do is add more questions and fix some glitches. my boss could get killed while answering the question so i would hide him until the question gets answer. need to fix intro.

20r we tested eachothers games and were relatively productive.

Siliang: I was able to finish my second level with a question and also part of my boss level. I made my boss level really challenging by making the boss move really fast.

Akshay : I was able to add on the questions and we checked out each other’s games. One difficulty was that I had many bugs on the questions thing and so I spent a lot of time fixing it.

may 28 2015. time is 1:00pm to 2:00pm.The school is the location.

benjamin: i helped my classmate in his script. i still need to do credits. i also need to complete the intro. i could add additional elements to my individual project, but it is hard enough. i completed all the individual requirements.  a person in my group inspired me to do somethings with my project. problems i had were at the minimum like there were some glitches which i ironed out. my group worked well and we got a lot done.

Akshay : Today I worked on my game and took out all of the bugs in it, partially through the help of Roman. One challenge was the fact that there were many bugs in it. However, I overcame it by just trying to find different ways to achieve that, find the root problem, or ask Roman if I was stumped.  

Siliang: I worked on my individual project today. I tried to make a secret passageway through the levels to make it more interesting. Additionally, I gave my group members advice on their games especially akshay.

Evaluate:

Individual Project:

Group Project:

Links to group members' accounts: 

Benjamin: http://youthvoices.net/users/20wongb

Akshay:http://youthvoices.net/users/20rajua

Roman: http://youthvoices.net/search/node/20schiffinor

The Geography War

by: 20zhangrr
Part of the game

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63566134/

Investigate 

Whole Group: The whole project is going to be a variety of different games each teaching about  different subjects such as math, science, and history. The whole objective of all of the games if for the player to have fun while learning about different educational school subjects. Each of the games are aimed to have interesting qualities that keep the player interested in each of them, such the spanish one, where you have to go on quest and communicate! In addition, there are obstacles the player has to face with critical thinking, communication skills, and so forth.

Sharupa: My game is about science and the different branches. The player will be asked questions and be part of many of the objective is to complete all the missions to stop King Lasko’s evil plans to destroy Laskoville.. Some of them will be multiple choice. Others will be figuring out the answers. This will encourage people to try to get questions right. The increasing level of difficulty will be that you will get more questions your critical thinking ability. The objective of the game is to make players learn stuff relating to science. This is not going to be a multi player game. The chrome will be the story based on the game. The obstacles are really difficult questions that test your critical thinking skills and also you have to get past some real life obstacles that help you in life. (https://scratch.mit.edu/users/20azmals/)  

Raj - My game is going to be a math game about the player trying to get a treasure chest guarded by zombies. The objective is to get to the treasure chest by killing away the zombies by answering math questions correctly. The obstacles in the game are going to be the zombies protecting the treasure chest. The chrome is going to be having to defeat zombies and therefore, having a great impact on the result of the story. In the game, you (the main character) are going to stay stationary in the game until you can get enough math questions right to beat the zombies and go ahead to the treasure chest. In the game there is going to three levels where the difficulty or in other words the amount of math problems needed to defeat each of the zombies is going to increase. So, in the first level, there is going to be two zombies that require the player to get two math problems right for each of them. Also, the math problems are going to be ones of algebra. In the second level, there is going to be two zombies again, but this time, they require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them. In the third and last level, there is going to be three zombies that also require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them. (https://scratch.mit.edu/users/20mehtar/)     

Abby:   My game is about spanish or, the player will enter the world of wonderland and will meet quests along the way and if they survive they may go back to earth! At least when they face the Queen of Hearts! The objective is to teach spanish to the player, if they don’t succeed then they will will be eaten by the jabberwocky and never see daylight on Earth, MWHAHA!(don’t ask) The game will focus on spanish dialogue between wonderland characters and the player, the Wonderlandian will ask favors and question, if the player can understand them they can move ahead if not then they have to keep staying there until they get it right! The boss maybe a little harder though, in which there is spanish quests! (https://scratch.mit.edu/users/20wua1/)

Rachel R.- My game is about geography and history. The player types in his or her username and will have to answer a series a questions which enables them to go to a land in Europe where a war is taking place. To win the war, the player must be able to answer more questions and moves on to a different battle after they answer a certain number of question correctly. The objective is to win the last big, major battle which declares whoever wins the war. If you don’t succeed, you lose the war and get taken captive. The game will mainly be about locations and people in the past. If the player answers too many questions wrong, they will have to lose the battle and start over. Overall, there will be 4 battles, each with increasing difficulty in the questions.

Design

Game Design - Raj

Part 1  - Game Mechanics

1. Rules - In my game the only rules are really going to be the objectives of the game. So, in other words, the rules are going to be to try and get as many math problems correct so as to defeat the zombies and gain access to the treasure chest.

2. Gameplay - The player plays the game by trying to get math problems right and achieving the objectives of each level of the game.

3. User Interface - There are really no game controls except using the mouse and number keys to answer the math questions given to the player. Everything else like the moving of the player and the transitioning of the levels in the game are done by scratch or the computer itself.

Part 2 - Objectives

1. Story - There is going to be a story for my game. It is going to be comprised of a town losing it’s most precious items to zombies, and the town depending on a certain boy (the player) to get back its valuables from the zombies.

2. Characters - The boy, the town’s mayor, and the zombies. The boy is going be a regular ten-year old boy wearing a blue-striped shirt and black shorts with black shoes. He is going to have dark-beige skin with light brown hair and blue eyes. The town mayor is going to be a middle-aged man wearing all black clothes and black shoes. He is going to have white skin with blond hair and brown eyes. The zombies are of course going to be disgusting-wrinkling undead humans wearing a yellow shirt and blue pants along with brown shoes. They are going to have green-colored skin with no hair and red eyes.  

3. Levels - In my game there are going to be three levels, the third one being a little more difficult than the last two. In the first two levels, there are going to be two zombies that require the player to get two math problems right for each of them. Also, the math problems are going to be ones of algebra. In the third level and last level, there is going to be two zombies again, but this time, they require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them.    

Part 3 - Obstacles

1. Bosses - There aren’t really bosses in the game, but instead, sort of zombies that act as normal obstacles that the player has to destroy by getting the math questions they get correct.

2. Puzzles/Riddles - Players are going to solve math problems as part of the educational component of my game. By answering puzzles correctly, you can kill the zombies and attain the objective of each of the levels in the game.

3. Leveling Up - There is going to be leveling up when the player manages to get enough math questions correct to kill all of the zombies and get to the treasure chest.

Part 4 - Chrome

1. Graphics/Art - Yes there are going to be two different backgrounds. One of the backgrounds is going to just be a regular view of a house which represents the “battleground” for the player and the zombies. The other background is going to be representing the mayor’s office where the player meets as well as talks with the mayor along with, starts and ends the game.

2. Sound/Music - No, there is going to be no music or sound playing in my game.

3. Academic Content - In my game, the academic content is all about math because the player accomplishes the objective by getting the number of algebra questions right, needed to kill the zombies.

Game Design- Rachel R.  

Part 1- Game Mechanics

1. Rules: In my geography/ history game, the only rule is to try to answer all questions correctly. That is the only rule. If you fail to answer one question correctly, you have to restart the level.

2. Game Play/ Game Engine: The user must get past all the battles, but in order to do so, he/she/it must be able to answer all questions directed at them. A minimum of 4 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle. A maximum of 7 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle.   

3. User Interface (What are the game controls?): The only game controls in my game are the letter/ number keys to type in your answer. Press the ENTER button to submit your answer to the game.

Part 2- Objectives

1. Story: A war in Europe between Germany and Russia is occurring and it seems as if Germany is winning, even though Germany started the war and wanted to take over. The player is a general on the Russian side and there are four more battles in order to determine who wins the war. In the last battle, Germany sends a vast army supplied with countless weapons and this is the most important fight.

2. Characters: The player, as a Russian general. The German general, who is leading the German army.

3. Levels: Each different battle represents a different level, and the later the battle, the harder the level. In total, there will be 4 levels.

Part 3- Obstacles

1. Bosses (?): In the last battle, there will be a last general, who is a controlling leader and extremely hard to beat. In order to beat him, there will be harder questions about locations in Europe.

2. Puzzles/ Riddles: In my game, there will be no puzzles and riddles, as I can see no way how to fit this into it.

3. Leveling Up: Every time you answer at least 4 questions right, you move on to a harder level.

Part 4- Chrome

1. Graphics/Art- Most likely all the scenes, backgrounds, and sprites I use will be from Scratch. There will be some graphic effects, but I don’t plan on creating my own sprites unless absolutely necessary.  

2. Sounds/ Music- There will sounds of clashing swords and the occasional yells from the soldiers fighting while questions are being answered. There will also be encouraging music to push the player on.

3. Academic Content- The player will learn about the locations of places and the events that took place years, decades, centuries, or even eons ago. The purpose of this is to store more information about humanities in the player’s mind.

Game Design - Abby

Part I  - Game Mechanics

A.Rules: There is really no specific rules towards the game, since it is in Spanish. So you technically fall down the rabbit hole and end up in wonderland. They will meet the characters who speak spanish, however you can get clues in English that is. But there is one important rule: no translator or outside help, although the creator, this I, may never know that, it means the player is a sore loser!

B.Game Play/Engine: The mouse is the control in which the player will inevitably fall down the rabbit hole, and end up in Wonderland. They will interact with the characters who speak spanish with the exception of the Chesire Cat who will give the player some hints along the way. The rabbit will introduce the game in English!

C. User Interface: The player is controlled through the use of the mouse, and the answers will be pretty short, nothing with much variation!

Part II- Objectives

1. Story: The game is basically the spanish version of Wonderland, and it’s an adventure on its plus side. There is starting point and ending point so its starts from the Rabbit hole all the way to the Card Castle.(the King of hearts home) Along the way to the boss, the characters like the caterpillar, Cheshire Cat, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and etc, will challenge the player in spanish or simply give directions, you get on the right path that is if you understand it, MWHAHAHA!

2. Characters:

King of Hearts                       Caterpillar         Princess of Hearts                  (Queen of Hearts

Player (Alice or Alice's)      White Rabbit      Knave of Hearts                    Princess of Hearts

Cheshire Cat                            Dormouse        Flamemingo                            Cheshire cat, below)

Tweedledum & Tweedledee    March Hare     Wonder Bird

card soldiers                             White Queen    Well of Wonder

The Mad Hatter                        Jabberwocky    Other Wonderful Creatures ( sisters of flora & fauna,  etc.)

(Alicetair & Alicia)

Picture Credits: DeviantArt: More Collections Like EAH: Scarlet Feather by SnowFright

www.deviantart.comAlistair Wonderland by FreshPlinfa-Ivy

[PDF] DeviantArt: More Like [EVER AFTER HIGH] VECTOR 6# by obscurepairing

www.deviantart.com Rebel Won - Alisia Daughter of Alice by StarsNeverStop

Characters/adults - Ever After High Wiki everafterhigh.wikia.com Queen of Hearts

The Official Rendering Request Topic - Signature and Avatar …

www.marriland.comPart Rendered: I want the white background rendered out, so it's just Lizzie (the girl)

[PDF] Group of: Disney | We Heart Itweheartit.com Most popular tags for this image include: alice in wonderland, wonderland, cats,

Image - Briar and the Wishing Well - Thronecoming.png - Royal … royal-rebel-pedia.wikia.com File:Briar and the Wishing Well - Thronecoming.png

Ever After High Hat Tastic Party Episode - Viewing Gallery galleryhip.comtoolbar creator

C. Levels

There are really no levels it’s just an adventure, when the player has gone through each character they can proceed. There is the boss though, the Queen of Hearts, so will be challenging you to a series of challenges which the may be levels.

Part III - Obstacles

A. Bosses : The boss is that the Queen of Hearts will treat you to a series of challenges, which are designed like levels. If you past them you technically win which causes the Queen to be very  very angry!

B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will definitely be riddles since it’s in wonderland. The mad hatter will definitely be talking crazy!

C. Leveling Up: Every time you complete an character dialogue or request you move on through wonderland all the way back home.

Part IV - Chrome

A. Graphics/Art: The backgrounds are through wonderland, some may be drawn and some may be imported. The Characters will most likely be from other sources, or if not then drawn and perhaps customized.

B. Sound/Music: There will be some music in between places because some place just don’t need music and some should have, like the mad hatter’s house!

C. Academic Content: Spanish is incorporated into Wonderland, there will be an basic lesson before the game starts, then the player is guided by the Cheshire Cat in English. Not only will you learn spanish you can have a conversion and learn to use it on quests. Also the Mad Hatter can add in a little fun like a riddle in either spanish or english, which may not or may make sense!

Game Design - Sharupa

Part I  - Game Mechanics

A. Rules: You can’t use any knowledge from the internet or from any notes. This is a test of your own knowledge about science. Only for some questions you are allowed to use some information. Also you have to get all of the questions right in order to get onto harder missions.

B.Game Play/Engine: You are going to get a missions to stop King Lasko who is doing evil in his kingdom.     

C. User Interface: The person playing the game is going to to have to have to use all of the keys on the keyboard. If not all at least some since there are a variety of questions that could be asked such as multiple choice and critical thinking questions.

Part II - Objectives

A. Story: You are in the kingdom of King Lasko. His kingdom is called Laskoville. You are one of the smartest people and in secret you’re a secret agent but no one else knows that other than you. You live in a mansion and have everything you want. A ton of weird stuff is happening in King Lasko’s kingdom so you get missions to stop all the corrupt stuff happening to help the people. So you have to stop him doing evil by accomplishing all the missions successfully.

B. Characters

• King Lasko who is the ruler of Laskoville. (corrupt)

• The player aka the amazing secret agent

C. Levels: Each mission is like a game level. If you complete one mission you go onto the next one which is harder than the last mission. Each mission will start out easy and will become harder.

Part III - Obstacles

A. Bosses(?) : The boss that you have to defeat is the evil King Lasko and he will be asking you questions. You will have to answer the questions he asks you and they will be all critical thinking questions related to science. He will sometimes come in disguises but you won’t be able to recognize him unless he conveys his thoughts.

B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will be no riddles since I don’t know any science riddles relating to science.

C. Leveling Up: Every time you answer a specific amount of questions for each mission you move onto the next mission which is considered another level if you think about it.

Part IV - Chrome

A. Graphics/ Art: The backgrounds such as the places where the missions will take place. I will probably upload some of the backgrounds but most likely they will be from Scratch. The characters will probably be from Scratch as well. so there really isn’t going to be that many cool looking graphics.

B. Sound/Music: Whenever the player gets  question right there is going to be a sound. If they get a question wrong there will be another sound. There will be a ton of different music playing to give the player motivation.

C. Academic Content: So by answering the questions related to chemistry and physics and other stuff related to science people playing this game will gain a better understanding of the different branches of science. These questions will be related to many aspects of our everyday lives and how science is related to them.

Developer's Logs (Individual and Group)

Rachel R.: Developer’s Log (Individual) May 21, 2015, 1:30 P.M. - 2:00 P.M. Tech Room

Our group didn’t work together; instead we, worked individually on our Scratch projects. I had some trouble making an appropriate background but I managed in the end by finding and using the text box. Other than that, I didn’t have any difficulties. I found out that I worked better at school than at home, however….

Rachel R.: Developer’s Log (Individual) May 26, 2015, 1:25 P.M. - 1:55 P.M. Tech Room

Our group worked individually once again, and judging from the comments a few of them made, I think we managed to complete a decent amount of work for our projects. I had some difficulty thinking up of some questions because I didn’t know what counted as hard and what was considered easy by students my age. I ended up asking some 6th grade level questions for the first level, will ask 7th grade questions for the 2nd and 3rd level and above level questions for the last level, the boss level.

Sharupa:

In the today’s group meeting we were busy remaking our group account since we forgot the password to our old one. We still continued working on our individual projects but at the same we started connected our projects. I started working on the credit rolls by making the backgrounds. I finished all of most of them now and basically I am done with the credit rolls. Now I won't have to do it on the 29th which is tomorrow . Looks like a ton of relaxing time for me don't you think.

Abby: In today’s meeting, things were chaos and busy. We are so very behind schedule because things are running late. However we sorted things out partially. Afterwards we went into doing our individual project and we scheduled other meetings where we will actually work on the project.

Rachel R: During today’s session, our group had forgotten our password and we went through about 10 minutes of arguing so in the end, we just decided to make a new account, with a new password and username. After I finished this, I still had some time left so I spent it on working on my individual project.

Raj: In today’s meeting, it was chaos and everything was so disorganized. In this group session, I worked on the beginning scenes for my group project. In other words, I worked on the beginning part of my group’s project where all of our game’s names are shown and the player has to click on one of our games so that they can start playing it.      

Group Developer’s Log #2 - May 31, 2015 - Each Of Our Homes - 1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.  

Sharupa: Today, we all met as a group and didn’t work on our individual projects. Today, we each checked over all of the other group members’ projects. I believe that everyone did a really nice job and I think that we can all do well on this project. Though, we aren’t so great as a group because during the meeting and checking over each other’s projects - everyone started to yell at each other a lot. It just never stopped. I finally got everyone to quiet down though being so smart as we can all see. This is what you get for having the sass master in your group. Oh yeah out of the entire group I was the one yelling the most and i think i almost lost my voice. I’m glad that vitamin water exists at least. It cured the pain and the complete suffering I had to face while working with my group. And pizza was also a great help. I was hungry while screaming at them. And then after a whole pizza I was still hungry so I ate donuts too. My group puts too much pressure on me thats for sure. BUT WE ALL SURVIVED!!!! YAY!!!!!! I forgot who started the fight but I know it’s not me thats for sure.   

Raj : In this work session we all worked as a group and met up with each other. In this session, we all checked over each other’s projects. I thought that everyone else’ projects were very interesting and showed a lot of effort. Though, in our meeting, it was anarchy because everyone was yelling at each other to fix parts of their project and it was just crazy.       

Rachel R.: Today, we met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t do work on our individual projects because they were all done. Instead, we checked over each other’s projects and made sure that everyone project were good and made sense. However, our meeting was completely chaotic because we all just kept yelling at each other. It was like such a headache. But we got over our fights and I’m confident that we’ll get decent grades on this.   

Abby: In this work session, we all met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t work on our individual projects as we completed them fully. Today, we looked over each other’s projects and determined how good each of them were. However, it was a crazy meeting because everyone had to shout at each other when trying to tell the others about the mistakes they made and the fact that some people were not there on time!Of  and sharupa thinks she yelled a lot, I gonna press charges!

Final Group Developers Log: Plan for Improvement, June 3, 2015, 1:20 P.M.-1:30 P.M., Tech Room, BSGE

Sharupa:

My project would  be totally better if I made the characters fit their descriptions. like making the evil king look more evil. Also I should make more levels which are the missions of the game. also i should have more variety of questions like different question design. In  addition some music would also be good too since it would just give my game more swag. There should also be more dialogue and more drama to make the plot of the game and the game itself interesting. I also think that I should’ve made the other sprites ask the questions rather than having the secret agent say the questions since this is really about completing missions and defeating all the other sprites in order to gain success and make the village safe. There should also be more backgrounds because the more backgrounds you have the more variety you have in your game.  

Abby:

My game would be better if I actually added levels and put less hints. So I think it’s too easy, and I only have 2 hints, he he he. Music would be good too, since my music is too crazy and very limited. In addition, I want to make more spanish lesson with Sr. Rump so the player can be properly educated. Furthermore, I want to seriously fix the part where both players appear in the Mad hatter’s tea house. My game would be awesome in my opinion if that was fixed up. By the way the groups project would be better if the objective were introduced. I may also consider in critical thinking in spanish that will make the game more challenge and computer destroying encouraging.

Rachel R.: My project would be so much better if I had used much more harder questions, seeing as how easy everyone thought my questions were. There were questions like “In what year did Christopher Columbus discover America?” which I could’ve replaced with questions like “In what year did France give America the Statue of Liberty?” Also, I could’ve used 49 less backdrops, using the same correct! and incorrect! backdrop. Instead, I used different correct and incorrect backdrops for each question. In all, I had 55 backgrounds, most of which was unnecessary. It would’ve also been a good idea to add some victory music to encourage the player to go on.

Raj : There are many improvements that I could make to my individual project. For this work session,  we worked in a group, but we ended up working on our individual projects. This is because by improving each of our individual projects, we can improve the quality of the group project as a whole. So, for my project, I can add music to make my project more exciting and more enthusiastic, so that the player will get more interested in the game. Also, I want to try and improve how my game transitions because certain sprites and backdrops appear a little too late or early, so that the game looks a little weird at certain times. For this work session, we didn’t have any problems and were, therefore, well off for our work. Everything went smoothly for once as a group.     

Complete Group Project

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64605458/

The Adventures of Danny

by: 20powersk

Investigate

Shahreen: I will do a game about fighting historical figures that teach the player about these figures while the player fights them. The objective is to teach the player about the historical figures.

Kayla: I think that I will do a game that focuses on science, but in the means of a race. This race will have two sprites and whenever the player gets an answer wrong, one of the sprites will not move and the other will move ahead a certain amount each time a question is answered correctly. The race will have a total of about 10 or 15 questions and whenever the question is answered incorrectly, the “correct answer” sprite will explain why that is not the answer. To make sure that the answers are easy to get correct (to a certain extent), the questions will all be true or false related.

Scott: I will do a game that simulates a meeting in congress. The player will be a congressman that will learn about HOR, and the way a bill is passed.

Lalla: I will do a game that is a platformer or a simulation, and will be about battles and important events in the Revolutionary War. The objective will be to win each battle and answer question correctly until you defeat the British.

Design

Group: To connect all of our mini-games into one game, we will have a sprite fall asleep in class. Then, two sprites will appear. One will ask the name of the player and then say that if the viewer would like to go on an adventure, they must help that sprite win a race. He will then go on to explain the rules of the game. If the player does win the race, the game will continue on to the historical games. Lalla’s game will follow the race and the sprite that the player had helped win the game will continue on in the game and describes the objectives of each of the games. If the player is able to beat this section of the game, the setting will change to Shahreen’s game and then to Scott’s. If the player dies in one of the games, they will lose one of their lives. After their fourth death, the player will reset to the beginning of the game.

Shahreen:

Game Mechanics-

1. Rules- One must defeat all three of the historical people, and the game will restart if the player loses to one of the opponents.

2. Game play/Game Engine- Your character fights (with a sword) against three historical figures that do not have a specific attack pattern.

3. User Interface- The user uses the arrow keys are to move their character in different directions and the “z” key is used to attack.

Objectives-

1. Story-The player is taken to three different eras and in front of a famous or infamous historical person in each time-travel, in which the person attacks the player.

2. Characters- Your character, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, and Pol Pot.

3. Levels- No particular levels, but each boss gets harder than the last.

Obstacles-

1. Bosses- George Washington, Christopher Columbus, and Pol Pot.

2. Puzzles/Riddles- There are none.

3. Leveling Up- There is no leveling up for the character.

Chrome-

1. Graphics/Art- All the graphics and art that I will use will be hand drawn by me except for the faces of the bosses and one of the backgrounds.

2. Sound/Music- There will be no sound or music.

3. Academic Content-The bosses that the characters will be fighting will teach the player about themselves during the fight. The academic content is history.

Kayla:

Game mechanics:

1. Rules- You must answer a certain number of true or false science questions asked correctly in order to move to the finishing line before the opposing sprite.

2. Game play/Game Engine- Each time there is a new question, the player will have to choose between true or false and the number of questions answered correctly compared to the total number of questions will determine which person (the player or the other sprite) will win.

3. User Interface- The user will use the keyboard to type in either “true” or “false” to answer the question, while the mouse will not be used.

Objectives:

1. Story- You have just entered a dream and to continue on to other adventures, you must beat the other sprite in a race by testing your scientific knowledge.

2. Characters- You (the user) are your slightly conscious self that has just entered a dream and is still thinking slightly along the lines of sanity that dreams take away.

3. Levels- There are no particular levels, although each question could be seen as a level because once you answer the question and see which sprite moves a little, a new question is asked that relates to the previous one but is not the exact same thing.

Obstacles:

1. Bosses- The only opposing character in the game is the other sprite that is racing you (the user) and moves whenever you answer a question incorrectly.

2. Puzzles/ Riddles- There are no specific puzzles or riddles, but instead pretty straightforward questions that have no hidden meaning or the like.

3. Leveling Up- There is no way to level up in the game because the game will simply go on until either you or your opponent reaches the finish line or you answer the questions incorrectly and have to restart the game.

Chrome-

1. Graphics/Art- All of the graphic designs will be either found on Scratch or downloaded from the internet.

2. Sound/Music- There will be no specific sounds when certain events happen, nor will there be background music.

3. Academic Content- The 10-15 questions asked are all based on scientific areas and even if the player simply guesses on the answer because they do not know, they will find out if they are correct or not. To further extend one’s knowledge of these aspects of science, if the user is wrong, one of the sprites will explain to you why the other answer is correct.

Scott:

1. Rules - You must follow the views of your constituents, and gain the support of your peers in the House of Representatives.

2. Gameplay/Game Engine - Multiple choices will be presented for the character to chose, and the choice wil cause the gameplay to change.

3. User Interface - Most decisions will be made in the game, with click-to-respond gestures that use the mouse. The keyboard will most likely not be used.

Objectives

1. Story - You are a congressperson who must convey your bill to your fellow congresspeople, and get them to vote for this bill.

2. Characters - You, your fellow congresspeople, the senate, the president, and your constituents.

3. Levels - The game will be split up into 4 parts: Reading your constituents wants, drafting the bill, putting the bill up for vote, and watching it succeed or fail.

Obstacles

1. Bosses - There are no specific bosses, as the game keeps a constant rate of difficulty.

2. Puzzles/Riddles - The player will have to construct a bill that introduces their constituents wants into a unified manner.

3. Leveling Up - Your character will not level up, but will move on through the rounds with each correct move.

Chrome

1. Graphics/Art - The backgrounds will be historical, and show monuments, such as the congressional committee rooms and the oval office.

2. Sound/Music - No specific music will be used, but sound clips from scratch will be used to show responses to actions.

3. Academic Content - All learning will be done throughout the game by ‘watching and learning.

Lalla:

Game Mechanics:

1. Rules- The player must be able to defeat the British soldiers, and throughout the game, the player must answer questions correctly based on historical events.

2. Game play- Third person point of view will be used, the player will have a view of the battle and the enemy before it starts. The soldiers will have 5 lives each, and the player will have 3 lives, and to replenish health the player must defeat a certain amount of soldiers in order to gain supplies such as cloths and food.

3. User interface- The player will use the right and the left keys to move, the spacebar to attack, the up and down keys to jump and duck, and the “s” key to see their supplies.

Objectives:

1. Story- The story will follow the one of the whole group’s, and the player will now be in the part of his dream in which he is now part of the Revolutionary war.

2. Characters- The player will play a common soldier or farmer (depending on the battle) in the American side of the Revolutionary War.

3. Levels- Each battle will be one level; the first one will be the one of Lexington and Concord, then the battle of Saratoga, and finally the battle of Yorktown.

Obstacles:

1. Bosses- The boss will be general George Cornwallis, and he will appear in the final level, other enemies will include any British soldiers and generals present at these battles.

2. Puzzles/riddles- On what day did the Battle of Lexington occur, who was the general of the Continental Army, etc.

3. Leveling up- In order to level up, you must have defeated at least ¾ of the British army in each battle.

1. Graphics/art- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Riflemen_at_Saratoga.jpghttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Plan_of_the_Battle_of_Yorktown_1875.png

4. http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%88%97%E5%85%8B%E6%98%9F%E6%95%A6%E5%92%8C%E5%BA%B7%E7%A7%91%E5%BE%B7%E6%88%98%E5%BD%B9

5. b. Sound/music- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_BMzqwSdW8 (Yankee Doodle Dandy)

6. c. Academic content- Besides teaching you about battles, there would also be a little card that pops up and describes what happened, and why.

Plan

Resources:

Action Plan:

Task

5/19

5/20

5

/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

Create main character (Danny)

Create Kayla’s characters

Create Shahreen’s characters

Create Scott’s characters

Create Kayla’s background

Create Shahreen’s backgrounds

Create Scott’s backgrounds

Animate Kayla’s game

Animate Shahreen’s game

Animate Lalla’s game

Animate Scott’s game

Create introduction sequence

Create end credits

Import and link all games

Kayla

Lalla

Shahreen

Scott

Investigate

Design

Shahreen:

Game Mechanics-

Objectives-

Obstacles-

2. Puzzles/Riddles- There are none.

Chrome-

Kayla:

Game mechanics:

Objectives:

Obstacles:

Chrome-

Scott:

Objectives

Obstacles

Chrome

Lalla:

Game Mechanics:

Objectives:

Obstacles:

Plan

Resources:

Action Plan:

Create

Developer Logs:

Lalla:

Developer’s Log #1,5/20/15 3:30-4:00 pm. my house

Today I made the main character Danny using a website that allowed me to draw each pixel one by one. The website was called makepixelart.com

Developer's Log #2,5/21/15 1:30-2:00 pm, BSGE

Today, I tried to start making my soldiers for each battle. I started to have trouble drawing it because I wasn’t able to picture what the soldier would look like and how I would draw it so instead, I just copied Danny, and then change a few characteristics of him to make it a British soldier.

Developer’s Log #3: 5/21/15, 5:30-6:00 pm, My house

I decided to make my British soldiers by using an app called pixel touch, which was similar to makepixelart.com, but much more efficient. Instead of having the a whole army on the american side, I made it just to be only Danny to make the coding easier.

Developer’s Log #4: 5/23/15, 2:00pm-4:00pm, My house

Today I started working on level one and made a few flash cards, the first few sprites, and the platforms. I’m going to use the same platform for each level because it would save me time and also I don’t want to have to program a whole different platform each time I make a level.

Developer’s Log #5: 5/24/15, 1:00pm-4:00pm, My house

I started the coding in order to make Danny move and didn’t have any time to do anything else for the project, and the hardest part is getting the platform to be “solid”. No matter what, Danny would just pass through the platform like a ghost, but I had no time to solve the problem today.

Developer’s Log #6: 5/25/15, 11:00am-1:00pm, My house

I am still at the same level and problem I was at yesterday. Some scripts of Danny’s got deleted, so now he won’t even attack. I may end up simply remixing the game “quadrate” as that is what helped me with a problem I had with platforming. I will also need an extra day or two in order to finish the project. I decided to not include any music in my game and I decided to make some of them true or false in order to avoid any spelling mistakes.

Developer’s Log #7: 1:20-2:00pm,5/26/15 BSGE

Today I was able to fix my problem of making the platform solid. All I have to do now is make the platform part of a background, then I can work on the British soldier scripts.

Developer’s Log #8: 3:30- 8:00pm, 5/27/15, My house

Today, the scripts to make Danny move weren’t working and so I had to copy another script from the game, Multiplayer game, server #1. After that, I had another problem that when I tried to clone the soldiers, it didn’t work, then I tried to use scripts from other games with enemies, but that also failed. After an hour of this, I came across the game How to Make Enemies move on a Scrolling Game, and from this I was able to figure out a simple solution to the problem.

Developer’s Log #9: 11am- 2:00pm, 5/30/15, my house

I was able to finish the project today and make sure that everything was in place. I was also able to link my project to my group’s, and there were only a few minor glitches.

Kayla: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00, BSGE. In technology class today I was able to get a little more done. What I completed was figuring out what backgrounds I will be using for my section of the project, which was a problem at first because I did not know if I should make or find a background. I also slightly started to create the script and figure out the broadcasts that will put the backgrounds in order of their use.

Kayla: Developer’s Log #2, 5:00 pm- 7:30 pm, Kayla’s Home:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Meadowbank-track-and-field.jpg

The link above is to the picture of a track that I have decided to use as the race track for the game. What I have finished is the full introduction sequence, and I think everything went pretty well. I did have an issue with broadcasting, but after about 45 minutes I was able to fix it by checking over each broadcast to make sure they were received correctly.

Kayla: Developer’s Log #3, 1:30 pm-2:00 pm, Technology Class: Today I was able to get a lot done for only working for about 30 minutes, and I encountered no problems as I started off with my game. What I was able to get done is the instructions for the game. I think I will be able to finish by Thursday, or maybe even Wednesday of this week.

Kayla: Developer’s Log #4, 7:00 pm- 10:00 pm, Kayla’s Home: Today I was able to complete the rest of my part of the project. The only thing that I will have left to do is figure out a way to connect my portion of the project to Shahreen’s in a way that will flow.

Shahreen: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00, BSGE.

Today, I worked on my background and wrote a few codes for Danny(the main sprite). I have Danny, George Washington, and Pol Pot finished. There were no problems other than figuring out why my project would stop right after I clicked the green flag, but this problem was solved when I put some blocks under a “forever” block.

Shahreen: Developer’s Log #2, 1:30-7:00,  Shahreen’s house.

Today, I finished up the rest of my project. I had one obstacle which was how to make a character’s health go down when they are attacked and your character’s health go down when they are attacked, but I was able to fix the problem after around 40 minutes.

Shahreen: Developer’s Log #3, 1:20-1:55, BSGE, Technology class.

Today, I created an ending sequence for my group project, and I encountered no obstacles.

Scott

Developer Log Numero Uno: 1:30-2:00, BSGE, Tech:

Today, I worked on adapting our main character, Danny. I used scratch’s in-web editor, and was able to make Danny a congressperson. Finally, we discussed, briefly, how we will implement our joint games.

Developer Log #2: 5:00-7:30, Home:

I worked for around 2.5 hours, and completed multiple scripts. A lot of  time was devoted to my information, and I decided to add a speed portion that has to do with clicking.

Developers Log #3, 1:20-1:55, BSGE, Tech:

Today, I added some backgrounds and created 2 scripts. I believe I am in a well along stage of my project, but I am a bit behind. I will work tonight and tomorrow afternoon to fix this.

Developer Log # 4, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 5/31/15, Home:

I was not able to work on my project since thursday, so I decided to finish it now. I created all of my scripts and linked the game by 1 PM, so that my group and I could discuss our game and go over the finer workings.

Group Logs:

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I worked on discussing what our projects were going to be and began starting out projects. We created a mental schedule of how much we are going to do every day and approximately when we will be finished.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00, 5/19/15 Tech Room;

Today, my group and I worked on planning on what would be included in our game. We also decided on which games would go and the basics as to who will complete one. We also brainstormed ideas on how we would connect my science-based game to the three other games based on history.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE

My group and I started to talk about what type of games we each would do, and how the will fit with each other. Shahreen, Scott, and I would make a game that deals with history/government, and Kayla is making a game that deals with science.

Scott: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech: Today, we worked on our overall plan and strategy. We planned out our timing, and were able to create a mental plan and structure. We also went over guidelines.

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I did a project plan that was a gantt plan. We made our final decisions on when we would do certain parts of our project and who would do other jobs like creating an ending sequence.

Kayla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, Tech Room;

Today, my group and I completed a gantt table that allowed us to plan when specific parts of the project would be completed. With this chart, we were able to figure out that we should be completely done with our project by May 29. We made sure that we had at least two or three days before the project was actually due to fix any errors or catch up with our group if any technical difficulties occur that set our schedule back slightly.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE

My group and I decided the plan and schedule for making the project by using a gantt chart. We all agreed that all of our project’s would be linked and done by and we decided that jobs that each of us will have to do.

Scott, 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech: Today in Tech, we created a Gantt chart. This will allow for us to stay on schedule and follow our promises. It will also allow for planning and organization when it comes to linking.

Shahreen: 1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, some of my group members worked on their projects. I worked on my group developer logs and helping Kayla connects her games. I also have helped her solve the problem on her laptop, which we fixed by opening and then closing Firefox.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00 pm, 5/28/15

Today, Shahreen and Lalla worked with me to link my project to Shahreen’s. Lalla helped us when we had difficulty determining how my portion of the project’s game would be won.  Shahreen helped me by figuring out how to make my project flow to hers. Once I had done this, Shahreen and Lalla helped me figure out how to fix the difficulty I encountered with my personal project. This problem was that everytime specific sprites touched a sprite, the player was supposed to either win or lose, but instead, nothing would happen.

Lalla:1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE:

Today Kayla, Shahreen connected their games to the overall game and me and Scott worked on our project. Kayla also modified her project as there were glitches on it, and I helped her with the glitches. We also changed the order in which the games were because Scott and I were not done with ours.

Scott: 1:45-2:00, BSGE, My computer experienced technical difficulties, and had a hard time loading scratch. I was able to review my scripts, and finish 2 or 3 scripts, but was not very productive.

Developer’s  Log Plan For Improvement

Shahreen, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/14, BSGE. If we could improve our game we would shorten the introduction, shorten the start of Kayla’s game, make my game a bit less confusing, increase the difficulty of Lalla’s game, and make Scott’s game a lot more interesting.

Kayla, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/15, BSGE;

If my group and I had the chance to improve our project, we would alter one specific aspect of each individual product. Firstly, we would shorten the length of the introduction sequence, as it is too long to hold the interests of the viewers. This also applies to the instructions at the beginning of my game. We agreed that the first level of Shahreen’s game was a little too difficult for viewers who have never played the game before. Lalla’s game, although pretty good, could be improved by having a greater variety of levels and difficulties to challenge the player more. Lastly, we agreed that Scott’s game was slightly confusing and did not have a clear objective to the game. We could also add more interactive devices because there was not enough for the player to interact with, causing the game to not hold people’s interests for very long.

Lalla: 6/3/15, 1:17-1:30pm, BSGE

If we could improve our game, we would shorten the introduction and Kayla’s beginning and also make Shahreen’s game less confusing and also make Scott’s game less boring and clearer to play. My game needs to be more challenging as the platform is the same for all levels and also make the bullet for attacking at the same place as the player instead of above its head.

Scott: 1:20-1:35, 6/3/15. BSGE, Tech: I would work on improving my playability. I would focus on adding more “game” to even out with the instruction. This would cause more interest, and increase the replay amount. It would also keep the player happy and playing a game, instead of sitting there and learning. Our group would individually work on our projects. We would mostly focus on our instructions and playability, to make it more fun.

Evaluate:

Group Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64604106/#player

Lalla’s Reflection:

In my individual project, I would like to highlight my ability to make sprites and figure out how they would work together. Also, I would like to highlight how I was able to use scripts from other games and be able to cooperate them in mine. My individual project could have been better if there were different platforms for each level. I regret making the decision to use the same platform, as it would have made the game harder and more eye catching. Other than my own project, I made the main character (Danny) for everyone and also helped anyone when they needed it. One example, is when I explained to Shahreen how to make lives by making a variable. I could improve my group work by actually making sure that everything was following the schedule and that when linking the other games, some things weren’t forgotten. Everyone except for Shahreen was a bit behind schedule and when the games were linked, stuff like backgrounds were forgotten.

Shahreen really helped in making sure that there was no extra stress added to the project, as she finished hers early. While everyone else was making their project, she was helping us and making sure that her own was perfect. Kayla was really on top of us and she was also helping is to be organized. She would always help clear things up and try to make sure that the project was on track. Scott was helpful in the fact that he could help us in some small details. Also, he was helpful in organizing the plan. In order to improve her contributions, Shahreen could’ve helped in making sure that everything was actually complete.She didn’t have any credit at all for her project, so we couldn’t include it in the group one. Kayla could improve her contributions by not being so vague at times. Once in a while, one or two of her statements would be vague and a bit confusing. Scott could have improved his contributions by actually focusing on his project more. During class, he would usually be doing something else except working on what he was suppose to. Also, when Scott did his project, he was lazy and it is incomplete, when he linked the games, that was incomplete as well.

Lalla’s Game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63880466/

Kayla’s Reflection:

In my individual project, a strength that I would like to highlight is the simplicity of it. Although this may seem like a negative aspect of the project, having a simple project allowed me to spend more time creating difficult true or false questions for the players. This allowed for the goal of having a fun, yet educational game, although my game is not as fun as it is educational. Having a more appealing game when it comes to the level of enjoyability would allow for a better game. I think that the game is not very fun because although the opponent of the main character has interesting characteristics and responses to parts of the game, all the player does that is interactive is type in the words “true” or “false”. I don’t think that there is anything necessarily wrong with our group work, but I think that each of our projects was a little too long and complicated to have to put together. This is because everything went well until we had to actually had to connect our projects, and then the game became so confusing to fix or alter with so many broadcasts and sprites.

I think that each member of the group contributed a lot to the project, but also could have improved what they contributed. Lalla was an immense help to the project, as she was able to finish her project in a timely manner, even though she did encounter a dilemma that held her back slightly. She was also willing and able to help any of the group members, which was very good as everyone had some trouble completing the project one way or another. I think that there was nothing that she needed to fix when working on this project, although she could have communicated more with the group. I don't think that this was too much of a difficulty with Lalla, though, as she did mostly communicate with us and would even email the group about any thoughts she had on improving our project. Scott did a good job of completing his project on time as well. He was also pretty good at communicating with the group if he had any troubles or difficulties completing his game. Something he could have worked on is to clarify with the group what his project was doing exactly and how he would be doing it. This is because it was slightly confusing and difficult to figure out where his game ended and what exactly the goal of his game was. Shereen did extremely good job in completing her project far in advance so that we could she could alter and fix it before it was due to make it as best as she could. She also communicated with the group if anyone ever needed help. what she did not communicate with the group when it came to her own project, although she did in fact talk about her project nm i believe that it could have been discussed more. This was a problem because when it came time to add her project to the whole group project, it was slightly difficult to figure out how exactly to play her game, and and if there was anything that could have been fixed. Overall, I think that there was nothing that could have been done differently that would have greatly affected our final group project, although there were minor details that could have been fixed.

Kayla’s Game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64981086/

Scott’s Reflection:

In my individual project, I feel like my information and depth are strengths. I had to study the inner workings of Congress to make this game as factually correct as possible, and I feel like this made it correct. I wanted this game to be very informational because many kids find this information boring. By presenting the facts, I believe they will enjoy it more. I feel like a weakness in my project is the lack of user interactivity. While there is some of it, it is not abundant, like some other games. I feel like our group worked great together. All that I can say is positive, and there is not a single bad comment about them that I have to say. I really enjoyed working with them and hope to have similar experiences in the future.

Scott’s Game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63567150/

Shahreen’s Reflection:

In my individual project, I followed through my schedule perfectly. When making the outline of my game, I wrote up a lot of things I wanted to make in my game, but didn’t know how to accomplish at the time.  Therefore, it took me a lot of time when I was actually creating the game. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do something and stared at blocks endlessly. Lalla told me how to make a “lives thing.” I turned it into my own variables and make “Attacks” and “Attacked” as my two variables in my game. I liked how my group and I worked together. We got everything we needed to and we had discussions, too. It helped a lot that the only times we had discussions were when we actually had something to say instead discussing something just for the sake of having a discussion. We all helped each each other out and that was the most successful thing about my group and I.

Shahreen’s Game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62384036/

Overall Game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64604106/

The Adventures of Bob

by: 20rajua

Other People in Group:

http://www.youthvoices.net/users/20wongb

http://www.youthvoices.net/users/20schiffinor 

http://www.youthvoices.net/users/20leis 

By: Siliang , Benjamin, Roman , and Akshay

BSGE 7-2

there is this ball, and your ultimate goal is to make it get in the door. This door would lead you to the boss or next level. This is a platform game in which you move from side to side, do minor jumps, and kill enemies (the squares) to get your way through. However, for major obstacles, you have to answer the questions or use the force machine. There will also be bosses at the end of the level in which you  must fight with the weapons you bought to defeat the boss and the ultimate boss in the end that you can defeat only by using your weapon called .

Design:

Game mechanics:

Objectives:

Obstacles:

Chrome:

• what is a tactical victory?

• do any puritans exist today?

Questions on Science:

• What is the acceleration of gravity?

Questions on Math:

• Simplify: 5x + 3 = 3x -3 Answer: -3

Ultimate boss Questions:

For Ultra Weapon

Answer: Very acidic

Project Plan:

Resources

• tools- Scratch, brain, computer,

• materials- sprites, backgrounds,  money, paper, scripts, blocks, music pieces,

benjamin nothing credits: No none name made outside scene. File name is called magpie clipart and comes from clipartzebraz.com.

Box scene is made by a guy called husky. Filename is File:Open cardboard box husky.png - Wikimedia . comes from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Open_cardboard_box_husky.png.

The factory is made by a guy called nemo. File name is Free Vector Graphic: Building, Factory, Workshop .                                        comes from http://pixabay.com/en/building-factory-workshop-company-48787/.

Arrow is made by Christian Draghici. File name is Old-Fashioned Arrow by Kaboku on DeviantArt. Is from http://www.shutterstock.com/en/pic.mhtml?id=104252699.

Spear is from http://pixabay.com/en/spear-lance-weapons-medieval-296530/. Created by a person called Nemo. No file name.

Bernt rostad made this cave photo. Cave is from https://www.flickr.com/photos/brostad/3928895269. File name is Reed Flute Cave - Reflecting Pool | The main chamber .

Napoleon picture is made by Jacques-Louis David. File name is Napoleon Crossing the Alps - Wikipedia, the free . comes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_Crossing_the_Alps.

red circle name bob is made by roman . is from https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62942568/#editor. no file name.

• labor- my group-

benjamin’s responsibilities: doing 1st level, into, creating own sprites, background, and creating platformer sprites. i also imported sprites.

Roman’s responsibilities- do boss level, make weapons and help in overall coding

• Money-$0 unless the computer breaks down and we have to pay for the expenses.

• Time- Would be around 60-80 hours of work in total for the entire group.

• Location- We would work on the project in BSGE during Technology Class and also in our homes.

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

create silang's characters

create benjamin’s characters

Create Roman’s

characters

Create Akshay’s Characters

create boss sprites

create enemies  (squares) sprites

create platform sprites

create settings/backgrounds

Make Weapons Sprites

animate benjamin’s level

animate akshay’s level

animate roman’s level

animate siliangs’s level

create credits

create intro

import individual projects

link projects

music/ sound

Siliang

Akshay

Roman

Benjamin

credits: By BrokenSphere (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

"Brass knuckles dsc 04623". Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Brass_knuckles_dsc04623.jpg#/media/File:Brass_knuckles_dsc04623.jpg

"Protecta-shotgun-p1030163" by Rama - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 fr via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Protecta-shotgun-p1030163.jpg#/media/File:Protecta-shotgun-p1030163.jpg

create:

group log: 5/21, 1:00pm-2:00pm, bsge

benjamin:

Siliang

I didn’t experience any difficulties.

Akshay

5:00pm to 7:00 pm on 5/21. home.

5:00pm to 7:00 pm on 5/22. home.

i am ahead of schedule. added more obstacles and enemies and more educational content. some problems i faced were that my clones wouldn’t die. i could fix this by not giving them health and instead put it that at a specific time they get deleted.

3:00pm to 5:00pm on 5/30. home.

may 21 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

may 22 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

may 23 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

may 24 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

may 25 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

may 27 2015. 5:00pm-6:00pm

may 28 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

may 29 2015. 5:00pm-7:00pm

benjamin:

Evaluate:

Group Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64917366/

Intro: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65014438/

Level 1: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63607522/

Level 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63569120/

Level 3: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63402644/  

Level 4: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62942568/  

Credits: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65018812/#editor

Akshay  Evaluate: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63569120/

I would like to highlight the physics in it, for this was the first time i made a game, and incorporating physics was a pretty big achievement for me. It could have been better in many ways, for example the two glitches it had. Also the gameplay itself could have been better as well. I also made the credits roll for my group and also the enemy sprites. I tried to contribute a lot to the linking of the projects,but  because of my inexperience, I didn’t achieve much, and Roman had to be called in to fix the entire thing. I could have improved by actually checking out how to link stuff together. This way I could at least done a better job linking so that we didn’t have to call in Roman. Roman was a very helpful figure in the project. He voluntarily helped try to fix the linking. However, he was a bit late in finishing his projects. Benjamin was helpful as well who did his work and organized group meetings. Siliang was good member of the group. He did his work and commented on a lot of our stuff. The only problems with our group was that Siliang and Roman were sometimes not present, sometimes because of other activities.

evaluate:benjamin.

i would like to highlight the way i made the enemies and how i made the boss. i also like to include that making the genie was a strength too.  my individual project could’ve been better if it was a scrolling game and had better graphic effects.  also it would be better if i added velocity to it. i helped with the linking a bit and pointed out people’s errors and scheduled all the group meetings. i also reminded people of what they had to do. i could improve my group work by making sure all people are present and that we all take inconsideration of other people's ideas. also i could help in group work by not getting carried away. akshay helped keep people on track and he also made sure people did their work. he also pointed out errors and he tried everybody game and spent a lot of time trying to find solutions. siliang was humorous and helped make the group meeting less boring and he also played everybody game. he did helped other people and he also try to help with linking. roman helped everybody in their coding. he had tried to fix my problem even though he failed he still tried. he helped significantly when he was at a group meeting. akshay could improve in not getting angry during meetings and keeping a level head. he could also improve his group’s contributions by watching tutorials about scratch so he can contribute more in helping other people code. siliang could help the group by not spamming the document or chat. he can also improve by not including nasty things in his project. roman can improve by meeting up with the group more often. he can also improve by not procrastinating and actually spending time on coding and not on making costumes.

Siliang:

I would like to highlight that my sprite moves under the influence of gravity. Additionally, when the sprite moves upward, it bounces when it returns to the ground.

My individual project could have had more challenging questions.

We could have not procrastinated and did the linking of the individual projects earlier.

Benjamin: He helped try out my game. He also imported our projects.

Akshay: He helped try out my game. He helped limk our projects.

Roman: He helped try out my game. He did a fantastic job on giving us advice for our projects.

Plan for improvement:

1:10pm-1:30pm in school on june 3rd of 2015.

Benjamin

i would fix the group project by fixing the linking between each game. i would also make the intro more interesting and explain the story. i did also add some secret features to my project so that pressing some keys would get you some results. i will also add some cheats. i would also add more features so that would help certain players. i will also make some animations between each level to make it more interesting. i would also explain about why certain bosses are there. my last edit would be to make my user functions better and make better graphics. i need to ask harder questions too.

Siliang : I would fix the linking of our games in the group product. I would also collaborate with my group more because we  waited until the the day before the project was due to link the projects. Also, I would make my boss level harder because my other levels were relatively harder than the boss level. Moreover, i would include questions in the beginning of my individual project in which the player needs to answer to obtain weapons. The only thing that caused harm to the boss was jumping on it. Adding weapons will make the game more challenging and fun. I will also remind my group members to do certain things because Roman waited until the last minute to finish his individual project. I would add more questions because there were only 2 questions in my game.

akshay : I would fix my linking in my project because I couldn’t figure out how to link the projects. It happened that there was some script in Benjamin’s that was stopping the entire thing with a stop all command and also my inexperience with broadcasting. Also, I could have fixed some glitches in the game like if you click the right arrow, it sometimes flies a very long distance and also some things like platforms that won’t let you move up for some reason.

Tech 7-2 Unit 4 quizzes and games

by: 20jinl

Investigate “I think our group should do a collaborative project based on modes. It would probably have something to do with math (Counting stuff at home) or spanish (Household items in spanish). If levels, then we would work towards making each one harder and create a greater drive by making each purposefully more aesthetically pleasing than the previous so that there is a subconscious hype towards playing. If we are doing modes, then each of us would create a mode based on our personalities. I think we should definitely try to bring all of our work into one relevant thing rather than a collage of random stuff because of our group name, which was made by the efforts of all of us rather than random words (as random as it was, still).” - Mohammed

“I think that I should make a trivia game. The game will be based on science. It will be about colloids and acids and bases and stuff. It will also include stuff on motion, forces, and acceleration. It will also include Newton’s Three Laws because it will help me and everyone with stuff for the test” ~Lily

“I want to make a race in which the player must get a question correct in order to advance, and there will be obstacles to jump over things inspired by Mr. Jump from the app store Additionally, after each series of obstacles the players will be tested and must succeed in order to continue moving forward in the game. After this is complete I think that our games should be put together in a hub to make the game seem more professional, i also think that our games do not need to have a running theme throughout and that no two games should have the same theme running throughout them. ”- Aoife

I think that the best way to do this would be a side scroller. the chrome would be killing the enemies in your way and proceeding on to the next level. Then you would have to answer a question to open the door to the next room. There will be a boss at the end. You have to beat the boss to win the game - rishi Design Music- Dubstep/edm Obstacles- Not knowing the answer to a question- Aoife enemies to fight… - Rishi

Images- Geometric Patterns- Aoife General idea- A race in which player must get a question correct in order to advance, the general story is that the player is racing to get back home. -Aoife A quiz to test you on your knowledge of music theory and history. - lily Plan Resources - Scratch, computers, wifi Money- $0 Tools- computers, chrome, slow browser thats just there so u can get chrome, scratch.mit.edu Materials: sprites, backgrounds, scratch. Labor- Aoife, Rishi, lily, Mohammed we will all make our own individual project and we will all put them together in a hub. Location- School, home, cafe’s Create Task Task 5 / 2 0 5 / 2 1 5 / 2 2 5 / 2 3 5 / 2 4 5 / 2 5 5 / 2 6 5 / 2 7 5 / 2 8 5 / 2 9 5 / 3 0 5 / 3 1 A sprites a a M sprites m m R sprites r L sprites l l A animate a a a a a M animate m m m m m R animate r r r r r L animate l l l l l l l put together final project r r r r

Developer's log: 5/21: lily- i checked out some games and decided what the project should be like Developer’s Log: 5/26: lily- i worked on my individual project and me and mo worked on the group project together Mohammed Rishi Lily Aoife Create together. We did some of the basic coding. We did some good stuff.

Mohammed - I worked on my individual project and tried to further my overall project by actually getting started with the animation itself and making costumes, as well as a basic foundation. I think I can formulate a way to combine all of our projects with the progress we’ve made today, although I am in wait for several of my group members to start. Today, we have also established the condition of our air conditioners at home and how much work we have to get done in the following days and some other stuff… yay. I think we can make this happen, although if we decide to do it last second, we will probably have to make a mad dash.

Aoife- I worked on my individual project, and I got a lot of work done I should be finished soon, i might add some more questions and maybe some levels or extra features but i'm not sure if they are necessary or if they will make the game better. Rishi - I worked on my individual project. I got a lot done and I think that I will be done soon, maybe on the 28th.

Developers Log May 28th,2015 Lily - I did most of the basic work for my project in about 45 minutes. I am now ahead of schedule by 2 tasks. I also helped a little bit on the group project, I decided to make a music project.

Mohammed - I think that I am making pretty good progress in terms of my confidence with what I’ve done, although I doubt that I have made very much progress. I have only made all of the aesthetic features, but I am yet to make progress on the actual scripts and such Aoife - I finished my project and it is completed. I began to work on the group project, and have begun to try putting some of the projects together in a hub as rishi has not finished his individual project yet so thats why i'm helping make the hub. Evaluate Developers Log June 3rd Ideas for “Improvement” Aoife- So basically we decided to link our games together properly and to eliminate all the bugs that came with our game meaning we would have to change some of the scripts. Lily- so basically, to fix our project, we need to make sure that our project matches up perfectly and there is no awkward pause and stuff. So far, I’ve been trying to get my project to connect Rishi : I need to fix some bugs in my project and link together the projects into one better - it’s still buggy. some of the things aren’t working. Mohammed - In order to fix up our project, we have decided that it would be necessary to properly connect our projects, because this wasn’t done so very well before, and this led to minor glitches in the project. So far, I have fixed the glitches on my part of the project and I am going to be working to help on fixing the project as a whole.

Mohammed’s Individual Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64603434/#fullscreen Lily’s Fabulous Project https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64611650/ Aoife’s - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63565640/ Rishi’s- https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62088958/#player

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/64611650/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

Minigame Quartet

by: 20GuanC

Project Design

Game Mechanic

Rules

Christy: There aren’t a lot of rules in this game, but player can’t crouch using the down arrow. The player can only jump a certain height in the game when they press the up arrow. The player can’t dwell on a question for too long or else they will automatically lose a life. The player can’t skip a question because answering a question is a consequence for almost losing a life.

Group: There will be no rule that is present in all of our games because our games aren’t connected to each others.

Gameplay

Christy: The player will move using the up, right, and left arrow keys. Pressing the left arrow key allows them to run to the left. Pressing the right arrow key has the sprite run to the right. The player is able to jump by pressing the up arrow key.

Group: Each game will have its own gameplay. There is a similar gameplay between Shunnosuke’s and Christy’s game, but there is no repeated gameplay throughout.

User Interface/Game Console

Christy: The player will type out their answer when they are asked a question because they are potentially going to lose a life. To move the Mario sprite around, the player will use the up, right, and left arrow keys. To jump, the player can press the up arrow. To move left and right, they will use the left and right arrows. The down arrow will have no use in this game. The player will use their mouse to click on a sprite to start the game. The game will automatically end when the player has lost all his/her lives, and manages to “die,” either by a Goomba, or falling out of the world.

Group: The player will navigate the hub where they are able to choose which game they want to play using a mouse. The Scratch will open up to a display where there will be 4 different symbols to represent the 4 different games they are able to choose from. The player will then click on the desired game and then they will be taken to that game.

Objective

Story

Christy: Mario, the main sprite, is on an adventure to save Princess Peach. In order to save her, he must go through a series of obstacles until he reaches the castle where Princess Peach is. On his adventure, he has to overcome Goombas and gaps in the terrain where he can possibly die if he falls into it. This story will be shown with a brief paragraph and the sprites exchanging a few words as an introduction.

Group: There will be no overarching story between our stories. There will be no introductory story before the animation goes to the hub where the player can choose the game.

Characters

Christy: In my game, there will only be one main character, Mario. The player will be able to control Mario and they have to guide him through the obstacles to get to the imaginary Princess Peach castle. Another character in my animation would be Princess Peach. Although the player can’t interact in the game with Peach, she will serve as the base of the story that supports the whole idea of Mario going through all these obstacles. A third character in this game would be the Goombas. The only purpose these characters serve will be to block Mario and to slow him down from reaching the end.

Group: There will be a sprite in the hub. greeting the player. It will tell the player that they can choose the desired game to be brought to the actual game.

Levels

Christy: There will be 4 levels in my game. The levels will feature different backdrops and bosses in every level.

Group: There will be no levels present in all the games because each group member is doing their own game, and there is no connection between the games.

Obstacles

Bosses

Christy: There will be no major bosses that will allow the player to completely finish the game. However, there will still be “mini-bosses” that the player has to overcome, which will be the Goombas that are very popular in the context of Super Mario Bros. Goombas, Pokey, Bullet Bill, and Koopa will be the only moving sprites that will serve as a boss to the player.

Group: There will be no bosses that are present in all the games. Each member is doing their own game.

Puzzles/Riddles/Questions/Traps

Christy: Questions will appear when the player is potentially going to lose a life. If they are hit by a Goomba, or if they fell into the gap between the terrain, a question will automatically pop up. These questions will have a specific time limit that the player is given to answer the question. If they answer the question incorrectly, or they don’t answer within the time limit, they will have to restart the level and lose a life. These questions will be math or ELA vocabulary questions. An example of a math questions would be “What is the square root of 169?” The player would then have to answer by typing in “13”. An example of an English literary technique question would be “What literary technique gives an object human characteristics?” The player would then answer with “Personification”. If they have a typo within their answer, the answer will be considered wrong and they will have to lose a life.

Group: There will be no riddles or questions that the player has to answer in the main hub where all the games are connected.

Leveling Up

Christy: The player will level up by reaching the end of a level.

Group: There will be no leveling up in the main hub because each member is doing their own game. The only connection among the members is that there is a hub, and the hub won’t have a game that the members collaborated on.

Chrome

Arts/Graphics

Christy: The game will have very smooth graphics because it will be very similar to the original version of the game. The background will be a blue sky with a few clouds. The photo below has the general idea of what the graphics will be, but it will be much smoother and won’t be as pixelated. The Goomba, Mario, and Peach will look similar to the images below, but the graphics will be much smoother.                                        

Photo Credits: https://www.flickr.com/photos/freshyill/3219638385

Photo Credits: http://massybeast.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Peach-159134304 Photo Credits: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/100/f/0/new_super_smash_bros_mario_by_supermike98-d3doqgf.jpg                                                                                                            

Photo Credits: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2229/2266200335_fbf927a0fe_o.jpg

Group: The only graphics in the hub will be a background, the sprite that greets the player, and the symbols the player can click on to go to that game. The background for the hub will be a plain white background. The sprite that greets the player is shown below.           

Photo Credits: https://scratch.mit.edu/ (Took screenchot)                                                                          Photo_Credits: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/314/1/f/Vector_Mario_Bros_Mushroom_by_chris_a.jpg Photo Credits: https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1352&bih=601&q=fruit+ninja+fruits&oq=fruit+ninja+fruits&gs_l=img.3...6248.9446.0.9697.18.15.0.3.3.0.141.779.3j4.7.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.64.img..8.10.786.Uy-v-BbDCu8#imgrc=cDtYTPN0Bvbc9M%253A%3BM1TkiRtnQROMqM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn.dualshockers.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2011%252F12%252FFruit-Ninja-melonplushy1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Flohoduzumizo.cwahi.net%252Fwhat-is-a-dragon-fruit-in-the-game-fruit-ninja.php%3B650%3B750                            

Photo Credits: http://pixabay.com/en/musical-note-music-quaver-symbol-29116/

Sound/Music

Christy: A sound will play when the player lost a life. It will be a sound that makes it seems that the player failed to do something, and they will now suffer a consequence (losing a life). Background music will play during the entire game, giving the game an interesting environment. This music will be the theme music of Super Mario Bros., already in the original game that I will be remixing. Another sound will play when the player collects a gold coin. This sound will be a “ding” sound, and is already in the game that will be remixed.

Group: There will be no music.

Academic Content

Christy: There will be math or ELA vocabulary questions that will appear on the screen. An example of a math questions would be “What is the square root of 169?” The player would then have to answer by typing in “13”. An example of an English literary technique question would be “What literary technique gives an object human characteristics?” The player would then answer with “Personification”. If they have a typo within their answer, the answer will be considered wrong and they will have to lose a life.

Group: There will be no academic content within the main hub. There will be academic content within each game.

Group Gantt Chart

Shunnosuke

Arif

Chloe

Christy

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Shunnosuke’s Characters

Create Arif’s

Characters

Create Chloe’s

Characters

Create Christy’s Characters

Create Shunnosuke’s Backdrops

Create Arif’s Backdrops

Create Chloe’s Backdrops

Create Christy’s Backdrops

Create Group

Backdrops

Create Questions for Sunnosuke’s Game

Create

Questions for Arif’s Game

Create Questions for Chloe’s Game

Create Questions for Christy’s Game

Create Bosses for Shunnosuke’s Game

Create Bosses for Arif’s Game

Create Bosses for Chloe’s Game

Create Bosses for Christy’s Game

Animate story for Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate story for Arif’s Game

Animate story for Chloe’s Game

Animate story for Christy’s Game

Animate Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate Arif’s Game

Animate Chloe’s Game

Animate Christy’s Game

Animate Group’s Hub

Credits for Shunnosuke’s Game

Credits for Arif’s Game

Credits for Chloe’s Game

Credits for Christy’s Game

Credits for Group’s Hub

Import Shunnosuke’s Scripts

Import Arif’s Scripts

Import Chloe’s Scripts

Import Christy’s Scripts

Create scripts that connect connects all the games to the hub

Test Shunnosuke’s game to make sure it works

Test Arif’s game to make sure it works

Test Chloe’s game to make sure it works

Test Christy’s game to make sure it works

Publish the game

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Friday, May 22, 2015

Time: 8:30 A.M.-9:00 A.M.

Location: Tech Class

Today I worked on my individual animation. I used the backpack to copy sprite, scripts, and backdrops. I decided to use the backpack feature instead of remixing the game because I can get rid of scripts easily that I don’t think are necessary in my individual game. After using the backpack feature for a while, I realized that it would be a lot more challenging to use the backpack instead of the remix feature. If I didn’t remix the game, then I would have to drag every sprite to its correct position, but my game has a scrolling platform. The sprites also didn’t move if I tried to press the keys. One difficulty I face was trying to use the backpack feature. I realized that since my animation is a side scroller, then I would have to figure out how to position the sprites so that they would appropriately appear at the right time. I also wasn’t able to move the Mario sprite, although I just used the backpack feature to drag all his scripts and costumes. I resolved this issue by choosing to remix the game instead of using the backpack feature. I finished everything I planned to do because the characters and the backdrops are already in the game I am remixing.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 22, 2015

Time: 4:30 P.M.-5:15 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the questions for my animation. I came up with a list of math questions and ELA questions that would appear in my game if the player was about to lose a life. I have a variety of questions, some being similar to another question, and other questions that are very unique. The list I created has the question and the answer so when it comes time for me to animate my mini-game, I won’t have to waste time trying to come up with questions. I had no difficulty coming up with these questions because it was a very simple task to do that will aid me in the future when I animate my game.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 23, 2015

Time: 5:30 P.M.-6:15 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the questions for my animation. I planned for this to take 2 days because I knew that it would take a lot of questions for the game to have a wide variety of questions. I continued to write out the questions and the answers as well on the same document so that the questions will be readily available when it comes time for me to animate the game. I haven’t had any trouble so far because it has been relatively easy to make questions up as well as answer the question.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 24, 2015

Time: 3:30 P.M.-3:45 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the bosses that will be present while the player is playing the minigame I have created. These sprites were already there because I will be remixing a game that already has all the sprites that will be necessary in the game. I took 15 minutes to do this because I wanted to become familiar with the scripts that will be present. I decided to do this today because the task for today is relatively simple, and I don’t want to waste time in the future on the days that I should be using to animate the actual game. One difficulty I faced was trying to understand the scripts used in the game that is the original. There were many complex variables and new blocks that I had never used before that I saw in the scripts of the sprites. I overcame this difficulty by using the “help” tool provided by Scratch for an explanation on how to use the block and what it meant.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 25, 2015

Time: 3:00 P.M.-4:00 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the story and backdrop information for my animation. I decided that the story wouldn’t be an animated scene because it would be too much to animate and the viewer might be bored as the story was playing. I would have to waste time finding the sprites, creating the scripts, and programming the sprites. This would take too much time and I feel that most of my effort should go towards the minigame, and the story shouldn’t be a top priority of mine. Today, I worked on choosing the backgrounds and making up the story that the reader could read to learn about why this game is happening the way it is. One difficulty I faced was trying to get the other sprites appear at the right time so that it would come after the story. I haven’t figured out a solution to this problem yet because I need to continue to understand the blocks used. No changes were made to the project plan because it was very simple to animate the story.  Photo Credit (image used in the background information/story): http://ryan4britney.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Peach-And-Daisy-Micro-172538793 http://woopwoopwoop11.deviantart.com/art/Cartoon-Mario-208371234

“Group” Developers Log

Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Time: 8:25 A.M.-8:55 A.M.

Location: Tech Class

Christy

Today, in tech class, we tried to work as a group, but it didn’t go as well. We planned to work on the hub together, but Chloe and I ended up working on it, while Shunnosuke isolated himself to do his individual project and Arif did the same. Although only 2 of us worked on it, Chloe and I created the scripts, sprites, backdrops, and programmed the group hub. We didn’t accomplish as much as we anticipated because we had poor internet. The website wouldn’t load and Scratch was very slow as we tried to drag the blocks from the menu to the place where scripts are created. Although this was a difficulty, we were able to overcome this obstacle by being patient and using the time it took to load the page for brainstorming ideas. That way, once the page loaded, we wouldn’t have to waste anymore of our time and try to at least accomplish something. Next meeting, I hope that our group is more connected and improves our communication skills so that not just half the group contributes to the work that should be done as a group.

Chloe

Today, Christy and I worked on the group game while Arif and Shunnosuke worked on their individual projects. We created the background for the group project and animated the sprite to greet and guide the player in choosing which game to play. The bad internet slowed us down and was very frustrating to work with. With patience, we were still able to get something done.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Today, we had our first group meeting. I isolated myself to do my individual project. I heard from Chloe though that Christy and her created the scripts sprite backdrops and programmed the group hub. They didn’t accomplish as much as they anticipated because of the poor internet connection. The scratch website was very slow. While it was taking forever, the 3 of us were brainstorming ideas to make this happen. I hope next time, our group will be in more unison and improves our communication skills.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 28, 2015

Time: 4:00 P.M.-5:30 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on continuing my story and starting to animate my game. This took me longer than expected and caused me to fall behind schedule because I faced difficulty trying to animate the story 3 days ago. I tried to drag the sprites, then I would drag the other sprites, and it was all a big mess. I decided to restart my remix because I would waste more time trying to fix everything rather than just restarting. No changes to the original project plan was made because I kept the same basic concept and sprites that would appear in the game. One error that came up was that the platform, coins, and the moving Mario sprite wouldn’t disappear when the story was playing. I tried to use the “broadcast” and “receive” blocks to time it properly, but it wouldn’t work. In the end, I decided that it looked cool and I didn’t want to waste anymore time trying to figure out a solution. For animating the actual game, I didn’t get much done because most of my time was focused on the story. Tomorrow and Saturday, I hope to finish my game, so that the schedule doesn’t fall too far behind.

Group Developers Log

Date: Friday, May 29, 2015

Time: 8:15 A.M.-9:00 A.M.

Location: Tech Class

Christy

Today, we had another group meeting. We made sure that the group hub was the way we wanted it to be. Because none of us were completely done with our games, we decided to help each other with our games to make sure that it worked. Some of us weren’t able to have a sprite a certain way and some of us were simply having trouble on how to animate our games. The scripts were very difficult and asking each other for help allowed us to work around having such difficult blocks. There were no difficulties faced during this group meeting. Although this was a group meeting, it was also an individual session because since there wasn’t much to do as a group, we worked on our individual projects to make sure it would be done by Sunday night. We also made plans on when the next group meetings would be so that we could meet over Google Hangouts to finalize our group project.

Chloe

There was another group meeting in class today. We completed the group hub and showed it to each group member to get their approval. We also discussed our individual games and helped each other with problems and difficulties. We set times on when we were going to meet over the weekend to join our games together.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Individual Developer Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 30, 3015

Time: 2:30 P.M.-5:00 P.M.

Location: At home

Today, I worked on a major part of my project. I had many technical difficulties, so I had to spend a lot of time experimenting with the scripts. I had to figure out how to place each block within the “if, then” blocks and what blocks to use. I was so confused at first that I had to ask David for some help. He was kind enough to help me with programming my game :). After he taught me the basics, I spent time programing the questions and timing everything properly. I used the backpack tool to help me create the game because many of my scripts are duplicates of each other. One difficulty I faced was trying to decide how the Mario sprite would go back to the platform so that he wouldn’t keep falling into the crevice in the world. I then fixed my problem by creating another sprite, although the “scrollx” feature is too difficult that I don’t understand how to have Mario positioned in the middle. Another difficulty I faced was trying to make sure that all the creatures would be included so that Mario asks a question once he touches the “bosses.” I fixed this problem by having this really long block that listed all the sprites. I am a bit behind schedule because I expect to finish the game tomorrow, but I still have about a quarter of the work left to do.

Group Developer Log

Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015

Time: 8:45 P.M.-9:00 P.M.

Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, our meeting wasn’t very productive because only Chloe and I were at the meeting. We made it clear at our last meeting that we would be meeting at this time to work on the group project, but only half the group was present. We made sure that this time would be best for all 4 of us so that we could all have a proper meeting and get at least something done. Although only 2 of us were at the meeting, Chloe and I made me most of our effort. We wrote the description/credits for the group project that would give the player instructions when they open up the game. We also worked on our individual descriptions/credits as well. Chloe and I helped each other on what to include because we were stuck at times for what to have for a description. The only difficulty we faced was trying to communicate with our other group members because the deadline is quickly approaching and we have to get this project done quickly. We made it clear that the next meeting will be when we put the entire project together, so we should have a more productive meeting at that time. We are slightly behind schedule because I was hoping that the project would be put together by now, but since only half the group is present, we aren’t able to accomplish the final product this early.

Chloe

In this group meeting only Christy and I were present. At first we weren’t sure what to do without the other two group members. We wanted to be productive so we wrote the group and individual descriptions/credits on a separate document.

Arif

Shunnosuke

In today's group meeting, I wasn't present because I had 3 baseball games, so I couldn't make it but I still hope Christy and Chloe achieved something from it.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015

Time: 2:30 P.M.-4:30 P.M. and then 8:45 P.M.-12:00 A.M. (Midnight)

Location: At home

Today, I completed my individual project. I animated the rest of the questions and finalized everything to make sure it was ready to go for the meeting later tonight. I used the backpack feature to copy the same scripts. I also made sure that all the levels of the game were working and that it was ready to be published. I animated using the “ask” block and I also made sure the game functioned properly with so many scripts. No changes were made to the project journal except for the fact that there is a time limit on the game. I wasn’t willing to animate hundreds of questions because it would make the game extremely laggy and would be a waste of time. Instead, I had the timer reach a certain number and then the game would go to game over. This made the game more challenging and motivating to the player to quickly think through the questions so that they wouldn’t waste time. I didn’t face any issues because it was very straightforward to keep on making copies of the same blocks to complete the project.

Group Developers Log

Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015

Time: 8:45 P.M.-11:00 P.M

Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, we worked on dragging our scripts into the group animation. I dragged all my sprites, backdrops, and sounds on the group account into the animation. I reprogrammed the animation so that it would start once the icon was clicked. This took longer than I expected because I didn’t realize how many blocks and scripts I had. I then ran into another difficulty that was one of the variables didn’t work. The game is a platformer game that has a variable of “scrollx” to make it seem that Mario is moving on the platforms. Although I did have the sprites and variables all present, nothing would work. I spend hours trying to fix it, experimenting with different things that might cause this, but nothing worked. Although the meeting went until 11, I stayed up until 12 trying to figure out a solution. However, nothing changed. I hope that tomorrow I can figure out a solution. Also, only Chloe and I were on, although I made it clear that there would be a meeting. Arif hasn’t been on for the past week and Shunnosuke won’t communicate. I hope having a meeting tomorrow will get the project done. Shunnosuke also deleted the group hub, and I was very upset and had to waste a lot of time redoing it, while it wasn’t my fault.

Chloe

Today in the group meeting only Christy and I were present. There has been communication issues between two of my group members. Christy worked on the group hub because a group member deleted the one we made before. We will start transferring our individual games into the group game.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Monday, June 1, 2015

Time: 3:45 P.M.-6:00 P.M

Location: Home

Today, I continued to try and fix my issue with the group project because my game was broken and the player wasn’t able to break it. I did some research and asked David again for help because I shared the animation so he could see the project and possibly come up with a solution. However, nothing on the Internet answered my questions and David tried to help me (thank you!), but it was difficult to find the source of the error. I emailed Shantanu about it, and he said that it might be a bug with the backpack feature. I decided I would wait until tomorrow to see if Shantanu can possibly excuse the difficulties I faced and understand the situation. No changes were made to the project plan because I didn’t expect this difficulty to appear. I hope later tonight that I can fix this issue by having another group member help me.  

Group Developer’s Log

Date: Monday, June 1, 2015

Time: 3:45 P.M.-5:00 P.M and then 9:00 P.M.-9:30 P.M.

Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, we tested our games and put the final touches on the game. We were all on, except for Arif because I don’t think he has finished his game and he hasn’t contacted the group once ever since the start of the project. We published the game and tested the games to see if the scripts worked. I continued to see if there was a solution by asking my group members, but we weren’t able to find the source of the problem. No changes were made because it was very simple to test the games and to see that they all worked. One difficulty was faced when Shunnosuke wanted to download a song and he complained it was laggy because the group was on the same account. However, I need to be on the account because I was testing the game and needed to finalize and copy the links into the project journal.

Chloe

Arif

Shunnosuke

Group Developer’s Logs: Plan for Improvement

Christy

To improve our game, we can change a few aspects of our game. Our top priority is having all the games connect back to the main group hub once the game is over. This would save the player the hassle of pressing the green flag again when the game is over. Another top priority is getting Arif to share his game. Arif never completed his individual project, so we were never able to import the scripts, and it didn’t make the “group” animation complete. A top priority of our game is to create a credits roll for our game within our animation. We have some of the credits for Chloe and I’s game in the description box off to the side, but Arif and Shunnosuke never gave credits to the graphics they used. We have to include the credits in the game because it is a requirement/constraint for the group project. Making my game actually work is another priority our group has. Because of the Backpack feature, my game is broken in the group animation, but it works in my individual project. I think to fix this, I have to redo all the scripts and sprites for the group animation. We also have to improve the chrome of our group hub.

Chloe

Our top priorities to improve our group game is to get Arif to complete his individual game and connect it to the group hub. We also need to make sure all of the games work and a credits roll is included in the group game. We included credits for some of the games in the description box but it was a requirement for a credits roll to be in the game. To make things easier for the player all of the games should connect back to the group hub once the game is over. We realized how it was annoying and a hassle to keep pressing the green flag and hearing the sprite talk again. To improve my individual game I should add a study guide in the beginning of my game. I realized how my game could be very confusing for players who know very little Chinese. A study guide could possibly help them.

Arif

I will need to improve EVERYTHING, because i didn’t finnish.   

Shunnosuke

Since our game isn’t the best it can possibly be, we will improve our game to make it the best it can possibly be. First, Arif must upload his blocks from his account to the group account. Then, after finishing the game, all games will send the player back to the group hub. Then Chloe has to complete labeling her fruits to say whether the player will be playing in the “Classic” “Zen” or “Arcade” mode. Christy will then fix her game because it didn’t work. This is what we will do to fix our game for ze group.

Turtle's Adventure

Screenshot of the Project

Investigate: Patryk: Math Game Concept: Collecting two numbers that equal a sum. Game Mechanics: 2D platformer. Obstacle: There is a time limit and you have to get the right numbers. Chrome: Background music (probably), sound effects, and sprites. Objectives: Get a certain amount of addition problems correct before time runs out. Design: Patryk: Rules: Collect a green and red number that add to a certain number. Gameplay: Collect numbers by moving into them with the arrow keys/ WAD to move up left and right (gravity will pull you down). User Interface: Arrow keys/ WAD on keyboard. Story: Turtle finds a jetpack and goes collecting numbers. Characters: Smeagol Levels: None (4 separate mini games) Bosses: None. Puzzles/ Riddles/ Questions/ Traps: Chinese questions (Olivia’s mini game) Art: Turtle. Academic Content: Math, addition. .

Action Plan:

Sona Marukyan

Annelie Hyatt

Olivia Wegrowski

Patryk Stypulkowski

Project Plan

Resources

• Materials:

• Legolas, Gimli, Legolas and Gimli, Aragorn, Merry and Pippin, Saruman, Uruk-hai #1, and Uruk-hai #2 sprite. (Annelie Hyatt)

• Tools:

• Our tools will be Scratch, Google Images for the sprites, and a Computer.

• Time:

• 12 days

• Labor:

• Sona Marukyan: Science,

• Olivia Wegrowski: Chinese (Mandarin),

• Annelie Hyatt: English

• Patryk Stypulkowski: Math

• Location: Each person will be doing their part of the project at their own home, school.

• Money: $0.00 shall be used for this project.

Jobs

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Annelie’s sprites

Create Sona’s Sprites

Create Olivia’s Sprites

Create Patryk’s Sprites

Create Annelie’s backdrops

Create Sona’s backdrops

Create Olivia’s backdrops

Create Patryk’s backdrops

Animate Annelie’s game

Animate Sona’s game

Animate Olivia’s Game

Animate Patryk’s Game

Cut Scene (The Intro)

Connect Mini Games

Tutorial

Share Game

Create Developer’s Log Patryk-5/22/15 8:30-9:00 BSGE Today I didn’t do much. I created the sprite for the main character and player and experimented with an idea for a physics engine I had come up with. I have not gotten it to work yet, but I’ll try to debug it and see what went wrong. Patryk-5/22 7:30-8:45 Home I continued working on the physics engine and got it working better, though it isn’t very good and I’ll have to keep working on it. Patryk 5/23 8:30-8:45 Home Today I made the sprites for the numbers, as well as got a backdrop. I didn’t do anything else. Patryk 5/25 8:15- 9:05 I made a simple physics engine for the numbers and got the core mechanics of the game working. Now I simply have to fine tune and add more aesthetic details to the game. Patryk 5/26 8:00-8:20 I added background music and a sound effect. I also played it a few times to see how it felt, and I am quite happy with it, though I can still make improvements. One thing that I will have to attend to is that the way I coded the game will make importing it a pain. I have an idea to make combing my game easier, though it will require me to replace the “when green flag clicked” block with a “when I receive ___ broadcast” block. This ties in with my other job of making the games compatible. Patryk 5/27/15 8:15-9:00 BSGE Today I worked on making the game easier to combine with other games. I was also given the job of combining the games, so I basically did that job. However, I didn’t finish changing the game, and until I finish, the game will be broken, as it will never end.

Group Developer’s Log: 5/29 BSGE 8:20- 9:00

Olivia Wegrowski:

Today we worked on how we would organize our group product when we put together our individual projects. We also looked at some of our partners games and checked to see if they were good and working properly. I started Level 2. I got the backdrop and sprites for level 2. The reason I had to do that was because I didn’t follow the schedule was because I thought I would get it done while I was doing each level. We were also sadly coming up with horrible names for our group project :(. I’ll try to think of different ones, and record it in my next Developer’s Log. Overall we worked well today. I am proud of my group...

Patryk 5/29/15

Today we worked a bit as a group and got the background for the cutscene, as well as two sprites for the cutscene. Other than that, we began testing each other’s games and giving feedback. I didn’t get anything done in the way of my individual project. We attempted to come up with a name for our game without any success whatsoever. The best we got was “Shminglishese”, which we quickly decided against.

Sona

We discussed the order of our individual games in our group project. We also discussed how are games were going to be played outline maybe how they will be connected (which blocks we are going to use to connect our games). Today I also was able to work a little bit more on my own project which will have 2 more sets of substances. Though we are not following our original schedule plan we are doing our best to keep up and I think that by tomorrow we will be back on schedule. In our group, we also discussed some possible group games but we have not decided on one final name.

Annelie

Today, I attempted to play Patryk’s game without sound. I confirmed with my horrible video game ability that his game needed a tutorial. However, he was nice enough (thanks Patryk!!!) to play my game and to give me credit and feedback for the work I was doing and he helped me fix the problems in my game. Furthermore, I also nearly finished my game, and will work on animating the cut scene very shortly. I am very proud with the amount of work I did today and I will try to work on more of it tonight and I also hope that I can work on the cut scene and that we can connect our mini games by tomorrow. We worked very well as a group, and I have no complaints.

(Final project does not work)

Different People So Unrelated

by: 20wua

Investigate
Whole Group: The whole project is going to be a variety of different games each teaching about different subjects such as math, science, and history. The whole objective of all of the games if for the player to have fun while learning about different educational school subjects. Each of the games are aimed to have interesting qualities that keep the player interested in each of them, such the spanish one, where you have to go on quest and communicate! In addition, there are obstacles the player has to face with critical thinking, communication skills, and so forth.

Sharupa: My game is about science and the different branches. The player will be asked questions and be part of many of the objective is to complete all the missions to stop King Lasko’s evil plans to destroy Laskoville. You will need to know science for this..

Raj - My game is going to be a math game about the player trying to get a treasure chest guarded by zombies. The objective is to get to the treasure chest by killing away the zombies by answering math questions correctly.

Abby: My game is about spanish or, the player will enter the world of wonderland and will meet quests along the way and if they survive they may go back to earth! At least when they face the Queen of Hearts! The objective is to teach spanish to the player, if they don’t succeed then they will will be eaten by the jabberwocky and never see daylight on Earth, MWHAHA!(don’t ask) The game will focus on spanish dialogue between wonderland characters and the player, the Wonderlandian will ask favors and question, if the player can understand them they can move ahead if not then they have to keep staying there until they get it right! The boss maybe a little harder though, in which there is spanish quests!

Rachel R.- My game is about geography and history. The player types in his or her username and will have to answer a series a questions which enables them to go to a land in Europe where a war is taking place.
Design
Game Design - Abby

Part I - Game Mechanics

Part II- Objectives
A.Story: The game is basically the spanish version of Wonderland, and it’s an adventure on its plus side. There is starting point and ending point so its starts from the Rabbit hole all the way to the Card Castle.(the King of hearts home) Along the way to the boss, the characters like the caterpillar, Cheshire Cat, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and etc, will challenge the player in spanish or simply give directions, you get on the right path that is if you understand it, MWHAHAHA!

B.Characters:
King of Hearts Caterpillar Princess of Hearts
Player (Alice or Alice's) White Rabbit Knave of Hearts
Cheshire Cat Dormouse Flamemingo
Tweedledum & Tweedledee March Hare Wonder Bird
card soldiers White Queen Well of Wonder
The Mad Hatter Jabberwocky Other Wonderful Creatures ( sisters of flora & fauna, etc.)

C. Levels
Part III - Obstacles

A. Bosses : The boss is that the Queen of Hearts will treat you to a series of challenges, which are designed like levels. If you past them you technically win which causes the Queen to be very very angry!

Part IV - Chrome

Game Design - Raj

Part 1 - Game Mechanics
A.Rules - In my game the only rules are really going to be the objectives of the game. So, in other words, the rules are going to be to try and get as many math problems correct so as to defeat the zombies and gain access to the treasure chest.
B.Gameplay - The player plays the game by trying to get math problems right and achieving the objectives of each level of the game.
C.User Interface - There are really no game controls except using the mouse and number keys to answer the math questions given to the player.

A.Story - There is going to be a story for my game. It is going to be comprised of a town losing it’s most precious items to zombies, and the town depending on a certain boy (the player) to get back its valuables from the zombies.
B.Characters - The boy, the town’s mayor, and the zombies.
C.Levels - In my game there are going to be three levels.

A.Bosses - There aren’t really bosses in the game, but instead, sort of zombies that act as normal obstacles that the player has to destroy by getting the math questions they get correct.
B.Puzzles/Riddles - Players are going to solve math problems as part of the educational component of my game. By answering puzzles correctly, you can kill the zombies and attain the objective of each of the levels in the game.
C.Leveling Up - There is going to be leveling up when the player manages to get enough math questions correct to kill all of the zombies and get to the treasure chest.
Part 4 - Chrome
A.Graphics/Art - Yes there are going to be two different backgrounds. One of the backgrounds is going to just be a regular view of a house which represents the “battleground” for the player and the zombies.
B.Sound/Music - No, there is going to be no music or sound playing in my game.
C.Academic Content - In my game, the academic content is all about math because the player accomplishes the objective by getting the number of algebra questions right, needed to kill the zombies.
Game Design - Sharupa

Part I - Game Mechanics
A. Rules: You can’t use any knowledge from the internet or from any notes. This is a test of your own knowledge about science.
C. User Interface: The person playing the game is going to to have to have to use all of the keys on the keyboard.
Part II - Objectives

A. Story: You are in the kingdom of King Lasko. His kingdom is called Laskoville. You are one of the smartest people and in secret you’re a secret agent but no one else knows that other than you. You will have to spoil his plans.
B. Characters
•The player aka the amazing secret agent
Part III - Obstacles

Part IV - Chrome
A. Graphics/ Art: The backgrounds such as the places where the missions will take place.
B. Sound/Music: Whenever the player gets question right there is going to be a sound. If they get a question wrong there will be another sound. There will be a ton of different music playing to give the player motivation.

Game Design- Rachel R.
Part 1- Game Mechanics
A.Rules: In my geography/ history game, the only rule is to try to answer all questions correctly. That is the only rule. If you fail to answer one question correctly, you have to restart the level.
B.Game Play/ Game Engine: The user must get past all the battles, but in order to do so, he/she/it must be able to answer all questions directed at them. A minimum of 4 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle. A maximum of 7 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle.
C.User Interface (What are the game controls?): The only game controls in my game are the letter/ number keys to type in your answer. Press the ENTER button to submit your answer to the game.
Part 2- Objectives
A.Story: A war in Europe between Germany and Russia is occurring and it seems as if Germany is winning, even though Germany started the war and wanted to take over.
B.Characters: The player, as a Russian general. The German general, who is leading the German army.
C.Levels: Each different battle represents a different level, and the later the battle, the harder the level. In total, there will be 4 levels.
Part 3- Obstacles

A.Bosses (?): In the last battle, there will be a last general, who is a controlling leader and extremely hard to beat. In order to beat him, there will be harder questions about locations in Europe.
B.Puzzles/ Riddles: In my game, there will be no puzzles and riddles, as I can see no way how to fit this into it.
C.Leveling Up: Every time you answer at least 4 questions right, you move on to a harder level.
Part 4- Chrome

A.Graphics/Art- Most likely all the scenes, backgrounds, and sprites I use will be from Scratch. There will be some graphic effects, but I don’t plan on creating my own sprites unless absolutely necessary.
B.Sounds/ Music- There will sounds of clashing swords and the occasional yells from the soldiers fighting while questions are being answered. There will also be encouraging music to push the player on.
C.Academic Content- The player will learn about the locations of places and the events that took place years, decades, centuries, or even eons ago. The purpose of this is to store more information about humanities in the player’s mind.

Plan
Project Plan
Resources
•Tools - scratch.mit.edu, storyboardthat.com, Google Chrome, Firefox, Google search engine, 4 computer/laptops, 1 iPad
•Materials- Sprites (enemies, players, objectives, etc.), scratch.mit.edu., blocks used to animate the characters, and/or credit to the original creator if the project is a remix, Backgrounds: the scenes within all individual game. Blocks.
•Labor: The group: Raj, Sharupa, Rachel, Abby
•Location: 4 Homes, 1 School, BSGE Library and tech room
•Time: 5/20/15 (Wednesday) -6/1/15 (Monday) about 50 student hours in total for the entire group
•Money: $0
Action Plan
Project Gantt Chart
Task
Create:
Abby: Developers log (independent) # 1, 5/21/15, 1:30-1:50, BSGE
The group didn’t work together on the project which doesn’t surprise me. Anyway I worked on the introduction of my scratch individual project, the first part that is, and I had to use different methods to operate my game since some controls are just to hard for me to create and code. So instead of clicking to skip the spanish lesson there is an interactive question.
Abby: Developers log # 2 (independent) , 5/25/15, 12;30-1:50, Home
In this session I completed the introduction of the game and set the player down in wonderland. I made a few changes, so that instead of clicking for your character you scroll on it instead. The Cheshire cat was fun to make, since it disappeared and reappeared every few seconds. There weren’t really any problems though, the first part was easy and now the body of the game is a lot hard and the intro took an 1 day to polish gold.
Abby: Developers log # 3 (independent), 5/26/15, 1:20-1:50, BSGE
In this session, we didn’t meet as a group so we ended up doing our individual projects. My game just took a whole new twist, instead of answering to the dialogue, there are options form an box to chose. To select that dialogue, you have to press the letter of the option. Some problems that came up was the, headache of cramming everything into place and the game maybe shorter now since the coding is way more complex. So behind! I have to cram everything it seems now!

Group Developers Log #1 5/28/15 Tech Room, School BSGE 1:20 P.M.-2:00 P.M.
Sharupa: In the today’s group meeting we were busy remaking our group account since we forgot the password to our old one. We still continued working on our individual projects but at the same we started connected our projects. I started working on the credit rolls by making the backgrounds. I finished all of most of them now and basically I am done with the credit rolls. Now I won't have to do it on the 29th which is tomorrow . Looks like a ton of relaxing time for me don't you think.

Abby- Developers log#4: 2:49-6;12, Home, 5/30/15
I finished my individual project there were some difficulties though. When the scene shifted to the mad hatter, both avatars of the players popped up and I couldn’t solve it so I left it like that. Also the time given for an answer from the boxes aren’t sufficient may have to go back and change that then. Also I decided to not put in all dialogues because that was too complex so I made quests where the player has to find objects requested in spanish, if they don’t find it of well they lose. Finally the boss the Queen of Hearts, there are 3 cards to scroll on, but the queen asks you to find the card of hearts. They are all cards of hearts the player is going to have to use common sense to find the right card. Finally done!

Abby: In this work session, we all met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t work on our individual projects as we completed them fully. Today, we looked over each other’s projects and determined how good each of them were. However, it was a crazy meeting because everyone had to shout at each other when trying to tell the others about the mistakes they made and the fact that some people were not there on time! Of and sharupa thinks she yelled a lot, I gonna press charges!

Raj’s Reflection -

1. In my individual project, I believe that one strength that was highlighted in my individual project would be about my questions. To be more specific, my questions were very uniquely coded and didn’t take much time at all to create, because they were also so simple to code, so that they generated on their own.

2. My individual project could’ve been better in a lot of way. For example. it could’ve been better if all of the characters and letters appeared at the exact right time when playing the game, as my timing for some of my words and when certain sprites and backgrounds appeared were a little bit off, but they didn’t interfere too much with the game and how it was played.

3. I made the beginning transitioning parts for my group. In other words, I created all of the sprites when our group project’s green flag was clicked that said each of our project’s names and told the person to click a certain key - the first letter of our last name (which is said) - to play our projects.

4. I think I could’ve improved my group work so that instead of having to press a key to gain access to the playing of each of our games, I could’ve made it so that if the sprite that said our game name was clicked on, then people could gain access to our games a lot more easier, and it would seem a bit more normal, because usually people click on a button that says “play game” to play the game, so it would’ve been a lot easier.

5. Sharupa - She made the credit rolls for each of our group members which was a great contribution to our group. This is because many of us had forgotten about making our credit rolls and her doing it for each of us really helped us out.

Rachel - She made a new group account in one of our group meetings in the tech room. This was a great help and contribution as well because we had forgotten our original group password and were, therefore, all arguing with each other because we thought that we would get nothing done, that period. So, her making this account really make us feel calmer and stopped our arguing.

Abby - She also made a very important contribution when she transferred everyone’s scripts for them into the group project. Her transferring our scripts was really helpful to us, so she really did make a great contribution.

6. Sharupa - I don’t think that Sharupa could’ve done anything else to improve her contributions. She did a lot for the group and so therefore, I think that there isn’t any other way that she could’ve helped us more.

Rachel - Rachel could’ve improved her contributions a little bit because making another group account didn’t provide enough benefit for the members of our group in the long run. To be more specific, she could’ve helped check over each of our projects and tell us what we needed to improve in each of our games.

Abby - There’s is definitely no other way that Abby could’ve benefited the group. She helped us all out so much by transferring our scripts that we actually are in debt to her because her doing that just was so beneficial to our group having a completed and well-done project.

Sharupa Reflection -

1) The highlights of my individual project is the dialogue and the title sequence. The dialogue is in the introduction and in the last mission. Those were the things I was proud of since that was where I got to be creative. Also the title sequence was something I worked on for like an ur just for the designing so that was something i am very proud of because not only does it show effort but it shows beauty.

2) My individual project could've been better if I made more harder questions. That way it would show as each mission continued you would be getting harder and harder questions to test your skills and knowledge. But still even with the mix of hard and easy questions it really doesn't matter.

3) The contributions I made to the group were that I made everyone's credit rolls. Most of my group forgot about that so I reminded them and I made them for our entire group. This is why my group is lucky to have me in their group.

4)We can improve our group work by making sure we cooperate more and that we stop screaming at each other. Yeah when that happened I just got really hungry and annoyed at my group. I mean it takes so much effort just to make your group shush.

5) Abby: She did an astounding job of linking our projects together. She did it so fast and efficiently it was like magic. She was like the cover of my iPad. Like making my iPad looks good and all.

Rachel: She made us a new group account after we forgot the password to our old one. It was helpful since we might've wasted a ton of time just trying to figure out what the password was. So she helped us save time and be more efficient.

Raj: He created the beginning transition part of the project. That wa helpful because this is how our projects would have a smooth transition.

6) Abby: Not much really she did all of the hard work and she did it in such an astounding fashion. It was like one of the biggest things that she could've done. She was a major help and I don't think I will be able to ever repay her

Raj: I feel he could've helped Abby more with the transitioning since Abby did most of the transitioning and he did one part. The amount of work that he could've done should've been greater otherwise it was pretty good.

Rachel: I feel that she could've done more other than just making the account of the group. She could've helps us check each other's project and tried to see if all the requirements.But she had a really huge project so it really doesn’t matter. She did her part of the contribution well.

Rachel R.’s Reflection-

1).Amongst my individual project, I believe that the highlights are the last level and the backgrounds. The last level displays questions of high difficulty and a flag was required to be drawn, in which I put a lot of effort and time into. The backgrounds took a very long time because I had to rename them and in total, there were 33 of them

4).My project would’ve been better if my questions weren’t so easy in the first two levels. There is a great possibility that even a 5th grader could be able to answer them. One could gain more knowledge if I did so and it would’ve been funner and more challenging.

3).The contributions I made to the group was making the new account when we lost our password and username. This saved us a lot of time instead of trying to change our password or try to remember it.

4).We could’ve improved as a group by getting together more often to discuss what we need to fix and what we could've added. We also could’ve looked over each other’s work in pairs and give warm and cool feedback.

5). Sharupa: Sharupa did a great job of encouraging us to work harder and tell us what we could’ve improved on and added. She reminded us what we had to do and put together the credit rolls. Altogether, she was a very hard and efficient worker.

Raj- Raj was helpful, assigning everyone their parts and helping us organize a schedule. He also managed to create the beginning transitions for all of our projects combined and buttons for our games.

Abby- Abby was hard-working and reminded us of our tasks when we kind of broke down and started chatting during our meetings. She contributed most of the work into our projects by putting all 4 together. And she did it so fast too.

6). Sharupa- Sharupa was pretty good but she could’ve improved on one thing: staying on task. During our meetings at school, she tends to talk to Raj or Abby. Not that I’m complaining because it seemed harmonious but we needed the time.

Raj- Raj was a good worker but he had something he could’ve worked on: being more specific of what we were all supposed to do because I was a bit confused when he assigned the parts.

Abby- She was also pretty good as well. She could’ve improved on her attitude a bit because she got a little strict when we were off task.

Abby’s Reflection :

1.Within my individual project the strength highlights were my creative way of incorporating spanish into the game. Also I think my characters were nice and funny, the sound effects were also weird and crazy just like wonderland!

2. I feel that my project would have been totally better if I had more time to fix things so its very repeatable not just some sections. Also I would have liked it if in one part my characters didn’t show up but it was too hard and complex to fix so I left it.

3.The contributions I made to my account were the transferring of almost everyone’s scripts and project and making sure that the group project ran smoothly, not to mention linking things and fixing the scripts so it made sense. In addition, I would remind the other members to focus sometimes.

4. we improve our group work by not screaming at each other when something goes wrong we should try to solve the problem efficiently and peacefully. Furthermore, we have to actually work as an group more than just simply work on our individual projects half the time.

5.Raj- He was like the guy in charge (almost) he scheduled our meeting and did the set up the group project. Also helped with the first little part of the group project.

Sharupa- she was the one that did the credits and made sure all things went where they should go and she was always there if any problems comes up. In addition she kept everyone calm and handled issues.

Rachel- Rachel was the one who never got off track she present at meeting always. Furthermore she was focused all along, she was awesome!

6) Raj-One very minor thing that he needs to work on is the fact that group work means group work! He could be more involved as well.

Sharupa- She is AWESOME and all but she should try to stay on board while working. Other than that there is nothing else.

Rachel- Rachel is great and all but she could have contributed more towards the group project. Also she could have made things a little easier for the linker by not putting in the same backdrops over and over.

Sharupa:

My project would be totally better if I made the characters fit their descriptions. like making the evil king look more evil. Also I should make more levels which are the missions of the game. also i should have more variety of questions like different question design. In addition some music would also be good too since it would just give my game more swag. There should also be more dialogue and more drama to make the plot of the game and the game itself interesting. I also think that I should’ve made the other sprites ask the questions rather than having the secret agent say the questions since this is really about completing missions and defeating all the other sprites in order to gain success and make the village safe. There should also be more backgrounds because the more backgrounds you have the more variety you have in your game.

Abby:

Raj : There are many improvements that I could make to my individual project. For this work session, we worked in a group, but we ended up working on our individual projects. This is because by improving each of our individual projects, we can improve the quality of the group project as a whole. So, for my project, I can add music to make my project more exciting and more enthusiastic, so that the player will get more interested in the game. Also, I want to try and improve how my game transitions because certain sprites and backdrops appear a little too late or early, so that the game looks a little weird at certain times. For this work session, we didn’t have any problems and were, therefore, well off for our work. Everything went smoothly for once as a group.