All news in Gaming and New Media

Dead Bodies - A simulation

by: lgonzalez

The maker is a simulation in which you take a stick that goes up the nose to take out the human brain. then , you cut open a small section of the body to take out the organs and put them in jars. these jars have very special tops that look like heads of Egyptian “gods”. The goal for this game is to learn about how the job was done, and what they did with most of the body parts. What makes this game fun is that most children like to learn about dead bodies, the death of the person, how they died, etc. Other children, however, don’t like learning. They like to play games that have violence, this game may not have violence in it but it does show how most objects are taken from the body. they used knives or anything that was sharp to cut open the body.

I did this simulation and i felt different afterwards. I felt wiser towards the subject i was learning this month. i now know how it was done and how they put the body to rest. I really wish i could have been there to have seen a pharaoh be put through mummification. It would’ve been a little cooler than i think it would be just playing a game about it. it seemed really gross picturing myself putting linen on a dead body.

The simulation starts with a dead body, seneb, and the god of the embalming , Anubis, is telling you his job and what to do first. First, you remove the brain and throw it away. Egyptians thought that the brain was no important in the afterlife. Then, the body is cut open to remove the organs and put them in special jars. then you stuff the body with cloth and put a type of salt over it. You leave the body for 40 days, then you remove the salt from the body and take out the cloth. Then, you put linen inside the body to keep the bodies shape. then you put a plant extract to keep the body from decaying. Once you are done, you wrap the body from head to toe. Next, you put special charms on the body for the heart, a beetle, the eye of horus, and a pillar representing the god Osiris and stability.

After that, you wrap the mummy again and put a picture of the mummy’s face on the wrapping. Then, you put the mummy in the body case. Finally, you put the mummy in the coffin and put him on his way to the afterlife.

Most people would think that the journey would end there, but it doesnt! there is more to than just that! the dead’s soul have to go through certain trails to pass to the place they call “ paradise”. If they dont do the right things, they dont get to go. The people who do good get to go to paradise.

Mummy Maker Style

by: vfarmer

The Mummy Maker is a simulation in which you create a mummy and preserve a body. The goal of the simulation is for kids to know how Ancient Egyptians preserved the afterlife. What makes this simulation fun is when you have to extract the brain and wrap the body. What makes the simulation meaningful is it teaches us how Egyptians preserved bodies.

I did the simulation, and it made me feel deeply saddened, because they actually have to extract the brain and all the organs out of the Ancient Egyptian bodies that's just gruesome! In order to preserve the body they have to do that. Wow I thought that this is very sad.

The mummy maker taught me on how Ancient Egyptians took on the afterlife. The simulation starts with you taking the brains out with a hook . Then you have to carve out the organs with a knife and put them inside jars they. Next they pack the body with natron, cover the body with natron and you wrap it with oil and linen. After they put on their amulets and headed god masks. Lastly they put the mummy in a tomb and store them away for the afterlife.

A turning point in the simulation came when I had to stuff the body with natron packets and cover it in natron, it became very confusing at that point but I managed to get through it.

Most people would probably think it’s odd, interesting, weird, wonderful or cool because they are wrapping a dead body and removing their body parts. But then again, because they do that most people would probably find it eww!’’ That’s my simulation about The Mummy Maker.’’

The mummy maker

by: bmartinez

I played the mummy make game and i'm going to explain this simulation. When i played the mummy make game i have to remove all the stuff in the body out and then you put stuff in the body.

The goal of the simulation was to learn new things about the mummy now i know how to make a mummy. This simulation make me feel nothing , i learned more about mummy then i thouter.

At one point in the simulation, i don't know we have to remove the parts in the body, then you have to put some nation in the body,you put a bag of nation.

finally, ends when you start wrapping the body , then you have to wrap it two time because you have to put amulets in the body, then put it the case and then your mummy done!!

Mummy Maker "YUCK"

The Mummy Maker game is a simulation in which you mummify a mummy. First you have to stick a needle up his nose to brake the brain and take out the brain.Then you u have to cut the stomach and take all the organs out of the body. Then you have to put the organs in the carret canopic jars. After that, you need to put salt on the inside of the body to dry up the body. Continuing , you also need to paint him and then wrap him up. Then you do you need to put four amulets on the bodys.

I did the simulation, and it made me feel disgust because i had to take the brain out, cut the stomach and take the organs out of a human body. I was also disgusted because I don’t enjoy seeing blood and this is what anubis do to the mummys.

At one point in the simulation ,I was impressed because I didn’t know that when you mummify a mummy you have to put a seneb's face of the mummy before you put them in the coffin.

A turning point in the simulation is that after you put the seneb’s face on you then put them in the caffin. My question is that why do you have to put the seneb’s face.

finally, the simulation ends by putting the scenes on the mummy's face and then I have to put the mummy in the cuffin.

Most people would probably think its odd or interesting, weird or also wonderful or cool because they wrapping a dead body and removing the body parts. But then again, because they do that, most people would probably find it “eww!!” That’s my simulation about “The Mummy Maker”

Mummy Game

by: djoseph
mummy building

The Mummy Maker is a simulation in which you have to take out the brain and take out his liver and all kind of stuff. The goal of the simulation is for you to clean out the mummy, then you have to paint the mummy. That was the fun part. What makes this simulation fun is that you get to take out his part in his body part and it was kind of ewww, but fun at the same time.

I did the simulation it was amazing. The best part I like was when you had to take out the brain and wrap the mummy, and it was not easy.

The simulation starts with a live body and when they turn up the brain they use a hook then the body is dead.

At one point in the simulation, I was saying eww because you had to take the liver and intestine it was not that god.

A turning point in the simulation came when I had to wrap the body and it was fun. Then I said to my teacher, "This game is fun."

He said, "I knew you would like it."

Finally, the simulation ends when you had to put it in the coffin, and I was like, "Is that it?"

He said, "Yes that is it, and you did good."

Most people would find mummy game to be fun and you should play. It is fun.

The Mummy Maker - "Eww!"

by: smartinez

I played The Mummy Maker game, and I'm going to explain this simulation. When I first played, I had to remove the brain, then I would have to take the hook from the table and stick it up the Seneb’s nose a number of times to break his brain into pieces. Then pull the pieces out through the nose. Next you will remove some of the internal organs and put them in the Canopic jars. Then you cover the body with resin. Then after all that you will have to wrap the body.

The goal of the simulation was to learn new things about the mummy and what they do, and how they wrap them. I actually learned from this game about the mummy. It was cool playing. When I did this simulation it made feel like nothing, just learned new things and also it was interesting. And also weird because they have to remove the body parts like, the brain, the insides, organs then they do what they got to do, then wrap them.

At one point in the simulation, I was surprised that they have to remove the body parts and take the brain out and breaking pieces of the brain and remove it. And at the end cover the body with the resin, it was also cool in a way then weird. A turning point in the simulation came when I was wrapping the mummy and removing the body parts. It was fun playing the game.

Finally, the simulation ends when you have to start wrapping the body, but sometimes each finger and toe each leg and arm, were individually wrapped. Then you place a mask on the Seneb’s face. Finally you place the Seneb’s body in the case. That's how the game of my simulation went, about the mummy and how they wrap and what they do.

Most people would probably think it's odd, or interesting, weird or also wonderful or cool because they wrapping a dead body and removing the body parts. But then again, because they do that, most people would probably find it "eww!" That's my simulation about the “The Mummy Maker.”

Math Games rule!

by: vfarmer

The Product game is a game in which two players play (Cindy Rodriguez) and I (Vontay Farmer) play on youthvoices.Well what we do in the game is player 1 picks a multiple and then player 2 plays second and picks another multipl then the two multiples adds up to a factor.

Cindy and I played on 12.13.13 and they said that the game was overjoyed because me and Cindy was having a good time and we was being overjoyed with learning.

The game started with me selecting the number 9 and cindy selected the number 1, giving her a product of 9. My second number to select was 7 when multiplied by 1 it gave me a product of 7.

At one point in the game the players were competitive because the game started to get intense and we were really against each other. Cindy was getting excited because she had 3 numbers going diagonal and only needed one more product to win.

A turning point in the game came when Cindy had 3 numbers in a diagonal position but she wasn’t aware of it. I took advantage of the fact that she was not paying attention and I intercepted. I was able to block her with a product.

Finally, the game ended when I was able to block Cindy with the product of 4*5. The number that helped me when the game was 18. I had had five numbers in a row 16, 18, 20, 21 & 24.

Most people would find The product game amazing because it makes you feel like you never want to stop playing and that's why i love this game.

Math is fun

by: jbasora

The Product Game is a game in which two players pick numbers from 1-9 to make a product. The goal of the game is for a player to get four in a row. What makes this game fun is that you can block the other player. You can also avoid picking the number a person needs to win.

I watched Moquan and Glen play on 12/12/13, and they said that the game was exciting because they were playing verying hard to win. Moquan avoided picking 8 because he knew 8* 4 is 32 and it would give Glen four in a row.

The game started with Glen. The first move was Moquan picking 4 then Glen picked 7 so it gave Glen 28. Next Moquan picked 2 and Glen picked 6. Second Moquan picked 5 and Glen selected 7. As each player got more products they had to come up with strategies to get four in a row.

At one point in the game the players were enthusiastic because Moquan blocked Glen from getting the number 12. With the number 12 Glen would have gotten 5 in a row.

A turning point in the game when Moquan was able to block all possible ways for Glen to win. Glen wanted Moquan to select 9 so that he can get 81 by 9*9.

Finally, the game ended with 5*8 and Moquan getting 40. He had four in a row 16,27,40, and 56. I felt bad for Glen because he was sad about losing.

Most people would find the Product Game interesting because you have to use math strategies and know your products and factors. The game is also fun for learning math.

Great game because it teaches something (Math, Multiplication, factors, multiples, game)

by: RMorales
Beginning
Middle
End

The product game is a game in which two player play and they need to multiply by the other number that the other player gets.The goal of the game is to get four number in a row and try to not get blocked by the other player.What make this game fun is the blocking because when the other player is going to in you block him and that makes it fun also.

I watched Diodrey and Noah on 12/12/13,and they said that the game was awesome because they were blocking each other.

The game started with Diodrey,Player 1 drags a marker to a number in the Factor List to select it.
Player 2 drags the other marker to any number in the Factor List, including the same number marked by Player 1. The product of the two marked factors is highlighted on the game board in Player 2's color.Player 1 moves either one of the markers to another number in the Factor List, and the new product is highlighted on the game board in Player 1's color.
Players take turns changing a factor on the Factor List to create products. The resulting product is marked with the player's color. If the product is already highlighted, the player loses a turn.
The first player to have four spaces in a row highlighted in their color (up and down, across, or diagonally) is the winner!

At one point of the game the player were angry because they thought that one of them were cheating.

A turning point in the game came when Diodrey he saw that Noah went and played then Diodrey went and blocked him and he kept blocking him until he won.

Finally,the game ended when Diodrey kept blocking him again and again until he won.

Most people would find the product game to be awesome because this is a cool game and you can get entertainment with your friends.

The product game

Product Game

The name of the game is product game in which two player. The goal of this game is to get four in a row. What makes this game fun is that you have to focus in the game and have to try to block them.

I played with Vontay farmer on the date of 12/12/13, and it was amazing ,first he picked the number
7 and I picked the number 1 then I had a chance to win by going diagonal..

The game started with Vontay having the factors 16 and 9 so all he needed is the factors 25 and 4 to win. I know I had to come to a solution and block him before he wins the game.

At one point in the game I was worried because Vontay had a chance to win, I was scared because if he gets the factor 18 he would had won the game but since it was my turn to pick the factor 18 and I blocked him.

A turning point in the game is that I had a chance to block him with the number 4. but then Vontay had another chance to win with the number 18. I block him and I was so proud because I know if I kept on blocking Vontay I would win.

Finally the game ended and I ended up winning but not only I won by 4 in a row but I won 5 in a row. I thought this was cool. because the same number that helped me block Vontay but it also helped me win.

Most people would find the product game to be interesting
because in the game you would have to think and block the other player and also predict what the other player moves are next.