All news in Gaming and New Media

Minigame Quartet

by: 20GuanC

Project Design

Game Mechanic

Rules

Christy: There aren’t a lot of rules in this game, but player can’t crouch using the down arrow. The player can only jump a certain height in the game when they press the up arrow. The player can’t dwell on a question for too long or else they will automatically lose a life. The player can’t skip a question because answering a question is a consequence for almost losing a life.

Group: There will be no rule that is present in all of our games because our games aren’t connected to each others.

Gameplay

Christy: The player will move using the up, right, and left arrow keys. Pressing the left arrow key allows them to run to the left. Pressing the right arrow key has the sprite run to the right. The player is able to jump by pressing the up arrow key.

Group: Each game will have its own gameplay. There is a similar gameplay between Shunnosuke’s and Christy’s game, but there is no repeated gameplay throughout.

User Interface/Game Console

Christy: The player will type out their answer when they are asked a question because they are potentially going to lose a life. To move the Mario sprite around, the player will use the up, right, and left arrow keys. To jump, the player can press the up arrow. To move left and right, they will use the left and right arrows. The down arrow will have no use in this game. The player will use their mouse to click on a sprite to start the game. The game will automatically end when the player has lost all his/her lives, and manages to “die,” either by a Goomba, or falling out of the world.

Group: The player will navigate the hub where they are able to choose which game they want to play using a mouse. The Scratch will open up to a display where there will be 4 different symbols to represent the 4 different games they are able to choose from. The player will then click on the desired game and then they will be taken to that game.

Objective

Story

Christy: Mario, the main sprite, is on an adventure to save Princess Peach. In order to save her, he must go through a series of obstacles until he reaches the castle where Princess Peach is. On his adventure, he has to overcome Goombas and gaps in the terrain where he can possibly die if he falls into it. This story will be shown with a brief paragraph and the sprites exchanging a few words as an introduction.

Group: There will be no overarching story between our stories. There will be no introductory story before the animation goes to the hub where the player can choose the game.

Characters

Christy: In my game, there will only be one main character, Mario. The player will be able to control Mario and they have to guide him through the obstacles to get to the imaginary Princess Peach castle. Another character in my animation would be Princess Peach. Although the player can’t interact in the game with Peach, she will serve as the base of the story that supports the whole idea of Mario going through all these obstacles. A third character in this game would be the Goombas. The only purpose these characters serve will be to block Mario and to slow him down from reaching the end.

Group: There will be a sprite in the hub. greeting the player. It will tell the player that they can choose the desired game to be brought to the actual game.

Levels

Christy: There will be 4 levels in my game. The levels will feature different backdrops and bosses in every level.

Group: There will be no levels present in all the games because each group member is doing their own game, and there is no connection between the games.

Obstacles

Bosses

Christy: There will be no major bosses that will allow the player to completely finish the game. However, there will still be “mini-bosses” that the player has to overcome, which will be the Goombas that are very popular in the context of Super Mario Bros. Goombas, Pokey, Bullet Bill, and Koopa will be the only moving sprites that will serve as a boss to the player.

Group: There will be no bosses that are present in all the games. Each member is doing their own game.

Puzzles/Riddles/Questions/Traps

Christy: Questions will appear when the player is potentially going to lose a life. If they are hit by a Goomba, or if they fell into the gap between the terrain, a question will automatically pop up. These questions will have a specific time limit that the player is given to answer the question. If they answer the question incorrectly, or they don’t answer within the time limit, they will have to restart the level and lose a life. These questions will be math or ELA vocabulary questions. An example of a math questions would be “What is the square root of 169?” The player would then have to answer by typing in “13”. An example of an English literary technique question would be “What literary technique gives an object human characteristics?” The player would then answer with “Personification”. If they have a typo within their answer, the answer will be considered wrong and they will have to lose a life.

Group: There will be no riddles or questions that the player has to answer in the main hub where all the games are connected.

Leveling Up

Christy: The player will level up by reaching the end of a level.

Group: There will be no leveling up in the main hub because each member is doing their own game. The only connection among the members is that there is a hub, and the hub won’t have a game that the members collaborated on.

Chrome

Arts/Graphics

Christy: The game will have very smooth graphics because it will be very similar to the original version of the game. The background will be a blue sky with a few clouds. The photo below has the general idea of what the graphics will be, but it will be much smoother and won’t be as pixelated. The Goomba, Mario, and Peach will look similar to the images below, but the graphics will be much smoother.                                        

Photo Credits: https://www.flickr.com/photos/freshyill/3219638385

Photo Credits: http://massybeast.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Peach-159134304 Photo Credits: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/100/f/0/new_super_smash_bros_mario_by_supermike98-d3doqgf.jpg                                                                                                            

Photo Credits: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2229/2266200335_fbf927a0fe_o.jpg

Group: The only graphics in the hub will be a background, the sprite that greets the player, and the symbols the player can click on to go to that game. The background for the hub will be a plain white background. The sprite that greets the player is shown below.           

Photo Credits: https://scratch.mit.edu/ (Took screenchot)                                                                          Photo_Credits: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/314/1/f/Vector_Mario_Bros_Mushroom_by_chris_a.jpg Photo Credits: https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1352&bih=601&q=fruit+ninja+fruits&oq=fruit+ninja+fruits&gs_l=img.3...6248.9446.0.9697.18.15.0.3.3.0.141.779.3j4.7.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.64.img..8.10.786.Uy-v-BbDCu8#imgrc=cDtYTPN0Bvbc9M%253A%3BM1TkiRtnQROMqM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn.dualshockers.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2011%252F12%252FFruit-Ninja-melonplushy1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Flohoduzumizo.cwahi.net%252Fwhat-is-a-dragon-fruit-in-the-game-fruit-ninja.php%3B650%3B750                            

Photo Credits: http://pixabay.com/en/musical-note-music-quaver-symbol-29116/

Sound/Music

Christy: A sound will play when the player lost a life. It will be a sound that makes it seems that the player failed to do something, and they will now suffer a consequence (losing a life). Background music will play during the entire game, giving the game an interesting environment. This music will be the theme music of Super Mario Bros., already in the original game that I will be remixing. Another sound will play when the player collects a gold coin. This sound will be a “ding” sound, and is already in the game that will be remixed.

Group: There will be no music.

Academic Content

Christy: There will be math or ELA vocabulary questions that will appear on the screen. An example of a math questions would be “What is the square root of 169?” The player would then have to answer by typing in “13”. An example of an English literary technique question would be “What literary technique gives an object human characteristics?” The player would then answer with “Personification”. If they have a typo within their answer, the answer will be considered wrong and they will have to lose a life.

Group: There will be no academic content within the main hub. There will be academic content within each game.

Group Gantt Chart

Shunnosuke

Arif

Chloe

Christy

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Shunnosuke’s Characters

Create Arif’s

Characters

Create Chloe’s

Characters

Create Christy’s Characters

Create Shunnosuke’s Backdrops

Create Arif’s Backdrops

Create Chloe’s Backdrops

Create Christy’s Backdrops

Create Group

Backdrops

Create Questions for Sunnosuke’s Game

Create

Questions for Arif’s Game

Create Questions for Chloe’s Game

Create Questions for Christy’s Game

Create Bosses for Shunnosuke’s Game

Create Bosses for Arif’s Game

Create Bosses for Chloe’s Game

Create Bosses for Christy’s Game

Animate story for Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate story for Arif’s Game

Animate story for Chloe’s Game

Animate story for Christy’s Game

Animate Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate Arif’s Game

Animate Chloe’s Game

Animate Christy’s Game

Animate Group’s Hub

Credits for Shunnosuke’s Game

Credits for Arif’s Game

Credits for Chloe’s Game

Credits for Christy’s Game

Credits for Group’s Hub

Import Shunnosuke’s Scripts

Import Arif’s Scripts

Import Chloe’s Scripts

Import Christy’s Scripts

Create scripts that connect connects all the games to the hub

Test Shunnosuke’s game to make sure it works

Test Arif’s game to make sure it works

Test Chloe’s game to make sure it works

Test Christy’s game to make sure it works

Publish the game

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Friday, May 22, 2015

Time: 8:30 A.M.-9:00 A.M.

Location: Tech Class

Today I worked on my individual animation. I used the backpack to copy sprite, scripts, and backdrops. I decided to use the backpack feature instead of remixing the game because I can get rid of scripts easily that I don’t think are necessary in my individual game. After using the backpack feature for a while, I realized that it would be a lot more challenging to use the backpack instead of the remix feature. If I didn’t remix the game, then I would have to drag every sprite to its correct position, but my game has a scrolling platform. The sprites also didn’t move if I tried to press the keys. One difficulty I face was trying to use the backpack feature. I realized that since my animation is a side scroller, then I would have to figure out how to position the sprites so that they would appropriately appear at the right time. I also wasn’t able to move the Mario sprite, although I just used the backpack feature to drag all his scripts and costumes. I resolved this issue by choosing to remix the game instead of using the backpack feature. I finished everything I planned to do because the characters and the backdrops are already in the game I am remixing.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 22, 2015

Time: 4:30 P.M.-5:15 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the questions for my animation. I came up with a list of math questions and ELA questions that would appear in my game if the player was about to lose a life. I have a variety of questions, some being similar to another question, and other questions that are very unique. The list I created has the question and the answer so when it comes time for me to animate my mini-game, I won’t have to waste time trying to come up with questions. I had no difficulty coming up with these questions because it was a very simple task to do that will aid me in the future when I animate my game.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 23, 2015

Time: 5:30 P.M.-6:15 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the questions for my animation. I planned for this to take 2 days because I knew that it would take a lot of questions for the game to have a wide variety of questions. I continued to write out the questions and the answers as well on the same document so that the questions will be readily available when it comes time for me to animate the game. I haven’t had any trouble so far because it has been relatively easy to make questions up as well as answer the question.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 24, 2015

Time: 3:30 P.M.-3:45 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the bosses that will be present while the player is playing the minigame I have created. These sprites were already there because I will be remixing a game that already has all the sprites that will be necessary in the game. I took 15 minutes to do this because I wanted to become familiar with the scripts that will be present. I decided to do this today because the task for today is relatively simple, and I don’t want to waste time in the future on the days that I should be using to animate the actual game. One difficulty I faced was trying to understand the scripts used in the game that is the original. There were many complex variables and new blocks that I had never used before that I saw in the scripts of the sprites. I overcame this difficulty by using the “help” tool provided by Scratch for an explanation on how to use the block and what it meant.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 25, 2015

Time: 3:00 P.M.-4:00 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on creating the story and backdrop information for my animation. I decided that the story wouldn’t be an animated scene because it would be too much to animate and the viewer might be bored as the story was playing. I would have to waste time finding the sprites, creating the scripts, and programming the sprites. This would take too much time and I feel that most of my effort should go towards the minigame, and the story shouldn’t be a top priority of mine. Today, I worked on choosing the backgrounds and making up the story that the reader could read to learn about why this game is happening the way it is. One difficulty I faced was trying to get the other sprites appear at the right time so that it would come after the story. I haven’t figured out a solution to this problem yet because I need to continue to understand the blocks used. No changes were made to the project plan because it was very simple to animate the story.  Photo Credit (image used in the background information/story): http://ryan4britney.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Peach-And-Daisy-Micro-172538793 http://woopwoopwoop11.deviantart.com/art/Cartoon-Mario-208371234

“Group” Developers Log

Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Time: 8:25 A.M.-8:55 A.M.

Location: Tech Class

Christy

Today, in tech class, we tried to work as a group, but it didn’t go as well. We planned to work on the hub together, but Chloe and I ended up working on it, while Shunnosuke isolated himself to do his individual project and Arif did the same. Although only 2 of us worked on it, Chloe and I created the scripts, sprites, backdrops, and programmed the group hub. We didn’t accomplish as much as we anticipated because we had poor internet. The website wouldn’t load and Scratch was very slow as we tried to drag the blocks from the menu to the place where scripts are created. Although this was a difficulty, we were able to overcome this obstacle by being patient and using the time it took to load the page for brainstorming ideas. That way, once the page loaded, we wouldn’t have to waste anymore of our time and try to at least accomplish something. Next meeting, I hope that our group is more connected and improves our communication skills so that not just half the group contributes to the work that should be done as a group.

Chloe

Today, Christy and I worked on the group game while Arif and Shunnosuke worked on their individual projects. We created the background for the group project and animated the sprite to greet and guide the player in choosing which game to play. The bad internet slowed us down and was very frustrating to work with. With patience, we were still able to get something done.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Today, we had our first group meeting. I isolated myself to do my individual project. I heard from Chloe though that Christy and her created the scripts sprite backdrops and programmed the group hub. They didn’t accomplish as much as they anticipated because of the poor internet connection. The scratch website was very slow. While it was taking forever, the 3 of us were brainstorming ideas to make this happen. I hope next time, our group will be in more unison and improves our communication skills.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 28, 2015

Time: 4:00 P.M.-5:30 P.M.

Location: Home

Today, I worked on continuing my story and starting to animate my game. This took me longer than expected and caused me to fall behind schedule because I faced difficulty trying to animate the story 3 days ago. I tried to drag the sprites, then I would drag the other sprites, and it was all a big mess. I decided to restart my remix because I would waste more time trying to fix everything rather than just restarting. No changes to the original project plan was made because I kept the same basic concept and sprites that would appear in the game. One error that came up was that the platform, coins, and the moving Mario sprite wouldn’t disappear when the story was playing. I tried to use the “broadcast” and “receive” blocks to time it properly, but it wouldn’t work. In the end, I decided that it looked cool and I didn’t want to waste anymore time trying to figure out a solution. For animating the actual game, I didn’t get much done because most of my time was focused on the story. Tomorrow and Saturday, I hope to finish my game, so that the schedule doesn’t fall too far behind.

Group Developers Log

Date: Friday, May 29, 2015

Time: 8:15 A.M.-9:00 A.M.

Location: Tech Class

Christy

Today, we had another group meeting. We made sure that the group hub was the way we wanted it to be. Because none of us were completely done with our games, we decided to help each other with our games to make sure that it worked. Some of us weren’t able to have a sprite a certain way and some of us were simply having trouble on how to animate our games. The scripts were very difficult and asking each other for help allowed us to work around having such difficult blocks. There were no difficulties faced during this group meeting. Although this was a group meeting, it was also an individual session because since there wasn’t much to do as a group, we worked on our individual projects to make sure it would be done by Sunday night. We also made plans on when the next group meetings would be so that we could meet over Google Hangouts to finalize our group project.

Chloe

There was another group meeting in class today. We completed the group hub and showed it to each group member to get their approval. We also discussed our individual games and helped each other with problems and difficulties. We set times on when we were going to meet over the weekend to join our games together.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Individual Developer Log (Christy)

Date: Saturday, May 30, 3015

Time: 2:30 P.M.-5:00 P.M.

Location: At home

Today, I worked on a major part of my project. I had many technical difficulties, so I had to spend a lot of time experimenting with the scripts. I had to figure out how to place each block within the “if, then” blocks and what blocks to use. I was so confused at first that I had to ask David for some help. He was kind enough to help me with programming my game :). After he taught me the basics, I spent time programing the questions and timing everything properly. I used the backpack tool to help me create the game because many of my scripts are duplicates of each other. One difficulty I faced was trying to decide how the Mario sprite would go back to the platform so that he wouldn’t keep falling into the crevice in the world. I then fixed my problem by creating another sprite, although the “scrollx” feature is too difficult that I don’t understand how to have Mario positioned in the middle. Another difficulty I faced was trying to make sure that all the creatures would be included so that Mario asks a question once he touches the “bosses.” I fixed this problem by having this really long block that listed all the sprites. I am a bit behind schedule because I expect to finish the game tomorrow, but I still have about a quarter of the work left to do.

Group Developer Log

Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015

Time: 8:45 P.M.-9:00 P.M.

Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, our meeting wasn’t very productive because only Chloe and I were at the meeting. We made it clear at our last meeting that we would be meeting at this time to work on the group project, but only half the group was present. We made sure that this time would be best for all 4 of us so that we could all have a proper meeting and get at least something done. Although only 2 of us were at the meeting, Chloe and I made me most of our effort. We wrote the description/credits for the group project that would give the player instructions when they open up the game. We also worked on our individual descriptions/credits as well. Chloe and I helped each other on what to include because we were stuck at times for what to have for a description. The only difficulty we faced was trying to communicate with our other group members because the deadline is quickly approaching and we have to get this project done quickly. We made it clear that the next meeting will be when we put the entire project together, so we should have a more productive meeting at that time. We are slightly behind schedule because I was hoping that the project would be put together by now, but since only half the group is present, we aren’t able to accomplish the final product this early.

Chloe

In this group meeting only Christy and I were present. At first we weren’t sure what to do without the other two group members. We wanted to be productive so we wrote the group and individual descriptions/credits on a separate document.

Arif

Shunnosuke

In today's group meeting, I wasn't present because I had 3 baseball games, so I couldn't make it but I still hope Christy and Chloe achieved something from it.

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015

Time: 2:30 P.M.-4:30 P.M. and then 8:45 P.M.-12:00 A.M. (Midnight)

Location: At home

Today, I completed my individual project. I animated the rest of the questions and finalized everything to make sure it was ready to go for the meeting later tonight. I used the backpack feature to copy the same scripts. I also made sure that all the levels of the game were working and that it was ready to be published. I animated using the “ask” block and I also made sure the game functioned properly with so many scripts. No changes were made to the project journal except for the fact that there is a time limit on the game. I wasn’t willing to animate hundreds of questions because it would make the game extremely laggy and would be a waste of time. Instead, I had the timer reach a certain number and then the game would go to game over. This made the game more challenging and motivating to the player to quickly think through the questions so that they wouldn’t waste time. I didn’t face any issues because it was very straightforward to keep on making copies of the same blocks to complete the project.

Group Developers Log

Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015

Time: 8:45 P.M.-11:00 P.M

Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, we worked on dragging our scripts into the group animation. I dragged all my sprites, backdrops, and sounds on the group account into the animation. I reprogrammed the animation so that it would start once the icon was clicked. This took longer than I expected because I didn’t realize how many blocks and scripts I had. I then ran into another difficulty that was one of the variables didn’t work. The game is a platformer game that has a variable of “scrollx” to make it seem that Mario is moving on the platforms. Although I did have the sprites and variables all present, nothing would work. I spend hours trying to fix it, experimenting with different things that might cause this, but nothing worked. Although the meeting went until 11, I stayed up until 12 trying to figure out a solution. However, nothing changed. I hope that tomorrow I can figure out a solution. Also, only Chloe and I were on, although I made it clear that there would be a meeting. Arif hasn’t been on for the past week and Shunnosuke won’t communicate. I hope having a meeting tomorrow will get the project done. Shunnosuke also deleted the group hub, and I was very upset and had to waste a lot of time redoing it, while it wasn’t my fault.

Chloe

Today in the group meeting only Christy and I were present. There has been communication issues between two of my group members. Christy worked on the group hub because a group member deleted the one we made before. We will start transferring our individual games into the group game.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Individual Developer’s Log (Christy)

Date: Monday, June 1, 2015

Time: 3:45 P.M.-6:00 P.M

Location: Home

Today, I continued to try and fix my issue with the group project because my game was broken and the player wasn’t able to break it. I did some research and asked David again for help because I shared the animation so he could see the project and possibly come up with a solution. However, nothing on the Internet answered my questions and David tried to help me (thank you!), but it was difficult to find the source of the error. I emailed Shantanu about it, and he said that it might be a bug with the backpack feature. I decided I would wait until tomorrow to see if Shantanu can possibly excuse the difficulties I faced and understand the situation. No changes were made to the project plan because I didn’t expect this difficulty to appear. I hope later tonight that I can fix this issue by having another group member help me.  

Group Developer’s Log

Date: Monday, June 1, 2015

Time: 3:45 P.M.-5:00 P.M and then 9:00 P.M.-9:30 P.M.

Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, we tested our games and put the final touches on the game. We were all on, except for Arif because I don’t think he has finished his game and he hasn’t contacted the group once ever since the start of the project. We published the game and tested the games to see if the scripts worked. I continued to see if there was a solution by asking my group members, but we weren’t able to find the source of the problem. No changes were made because it was very simple to test the games and to see that they all worked. One difficulty was faced when Shunnosuke wanted to download a song and he complained it was laggy because the group was on the same account. However, I need to be on the account because I was testing the game and needed to finalize and copy the links into the project journal.

Chloe

Arif

Shunnosuke

Group Developer’s Logs: Plan for Improvement

Christy

To improve our game, we can change a few aspects of our game. Our top priority is having all the games connect back to the main group hub once the game is over. This would save the player the hassle of pressing the green flag again when the game is over. Another top priority is getting Arif to share his game. Arif never completed his individual project, so we were never able to import the scripts, and it didn’t make the “group” animation complete. A top priority of our game is to create a credits roll for our game within our animation. We have some of the credits for Chloe and I’s game in the description box off to the side, but Arif and Shunnosuke never gave credits to the graphics they used. We have to include the credits in the game because it is a requirement/constraint for the group project. Making my game actually work is another priority our group has. Because of the Backpack feature, my game is broken in the group animation, but it works in my individual project. I think to fix this, I have to redo all the scripts and sprites for the group animation. We also have to improve the chrome of our group hub.

Chloe

Our top priorities to improve our group game is to get Arif to complete his individual game and connect it to the group hub. We also need to make sure all of the games work and a credits roll is included in the group game. We included credits for some of the games in the description box but it was a requirement for a credits roll to be in the game. To make things easier for the player all of the games should connect back to the group hub once the game is over. We realized how it was annoying and a hassle to keep pressing the green flag and hearing the sprite talk again. To improve my individual game I should add a study guide in the beginning of my game. I realized how my game could be very confusing for players who know very little Chinese. A study guide could possibly help them.

Arif

I will need to improve EVERYTHING, because i didn’t finnish.   

Shunnosuke

Since our game isn’t the best it can possibly be, we will improve our game to make it the best it can possibly be. First, Arif must upload his blocks from his account to the group account. Then, after finishing the game, all games will send the player back to the group hub. Then Chloe has to complete labeling her fruits to say whether the player will be playing in the “Classic” “Zen” or “Arcade” mode. Christy will then fix her game because it didn’t work. This is what we will do to fix our game for ze group.

Turtle's Adventure

Screenshot of the Project

Investigate: Patryk: Math Game Concept: Collecting two numbers that equal a sum. Game Mechanics: 2D platformer. Obstacle: There is a time limit and you have to get the right numbers. Chrome: Background music (probably), sound effects, and sprites. Objectives: Get a certain amount of addition problems correct before time runs out. Design: Patryk: Rules: Collect a green and red number that add to a certain number. Gameplay: Collect numbers by moving into them with the arrow keys/ WAD to move up left and right (gravity will pull you down). User Interface: Arrow keys/ WAD on keyboard. Story: Turtle finds a jetpack and goes collecting numbers. Characters: Smeagol Levels: None (4 separate mini games) Bosses: None. Puzzles/ Riddles/ Questions/ Traps: Chinese questions (Olivia’s mini game) Art: Turtle. Academic Content: Math, addition. .

Action Plan:

Sona Marukyan

Annelie Hyatt

Olivia Wegrowski

Patryk Stypulkowski

Project Plan

Resources

• Materials:

• Legolas, Gimli, Legolas and Gimli, Aragorn, Merry and Pippin, Saruman, Uruk-hai #1, and Uruk-hai #2 sprite. (Annelie Hyatt)

• Tools:

• Our tools will be Scratch, Google Images for the sprites, and a Computer.

• Time:

• 12 days

• Labor:

• Sona Marukyan: Science,

• Olivia Wegrowski: Chinese (Mandarin),

• Annelie Hyatt: English

• Patryk Stypulkowski: Math

• Location: Each person will be doing their part of the project at their own home, school.

• Money: $0.00 shall be used for this project.

Jobs

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Annelie’s sprites

Create Sona’s Sprites

Create Olivia’s Sprites

Create Patryk’s Sprites

Create Annelie’s backdrops

Create Sona’s backdrops

Create Olivia’s backdrops

Create Patryk’s backdrops

Animate Annelie’s game

Animate Sona’s game

Animate Olivia’s Game

Animate Patryk’s Game

Cut Scene (The Intro)

Connect Mini Games

Tutorial

Share Game

Create Developer’s Log Patryk-5/22/15 8:30-9:00 BSGE Today I didn’t do much. I created the sprite for the main character and player and experimented with an idea for a physics engine I had come up with. I have not gotten it to work yet, but I’ll try to debug it and see what went wrong. Patryk-5/22 7:30-8:45 Home I continued working on the physics engine and got it working better, though it isn’t very good and I’ll have to keep working on it. Patryk 5/23 8:30-8:45 Home Today I made the sprites for the numbers, as well as got a backdrop. I didn’t do anything else. Patryk 5/25 8:15- 9:05 I made a simple physics engine for the numbers and got the core mechanics of the game working. Now I simply have to fine tune and add more aesthetic details to the game. Patryk 5/26 8:00-8:20 I added background music and a sound effect. I also played it a few times to see how it felt, and I am quite happy with it, though I can still make improvements. One thing that I will have to attend to is that the way I coded the game will make importing it a pain. I have an idea to make combing my game easier, though it will require me to replace the “when green flag clicked” block with a “when I receive ___ broadcast” block. This ties in with my other job of making the games compatible. Patryk 5/27/15 8:15-9:00 BSGE Today I worked on making the game easier to combine with other games. I was also given the job of combining the games, so I basically did that job. However, I didn’t finish changing the game, and until I finish, the game will be broken, as it will never end.

Group Developer’s Log: 5/29 BSGE 8:20- 9:00

Olivia Wegrowski:

Today we worked on how we would organize our group product when we put together our individual projects. We also looked at some of our partners games and checked to see if they were good and working properly. I started Level 2. I got the backdrop and sprites for level 2. The reason I had to do that was because I didn’t follow the schedule was because I thought I would get it done while I was doing each level. We were also sadly coming up with horrible names for our group project :(. I’ll try to think of different ones, and record it in my next Developer’s Log. Overall we worked well today. I am proud of my group...

Patryk 5/29/15

Today we worked a bit as a group and got the background for the cutscene, as well as two sprites for the cutscene. Other than that, we began testing each other’s games and giving feedback. I didn’t get anything done in the way of my individual project. We attempted to come up with a name for our game without any success whatsoever. The best we got was “Shminglishese”, which we quickly decided against.

Sona

We discussed the order of our individual games in our group project. We also discussed how are games were going to be played outline maybe how they will be connected (which blocks we are going to use to connect our games). Today I also was able to work a little bit more on my own project which will have 2 more sets of substances. Though we are not following our original schedule plan we are doing our best to keep up and I think that by tomorrow we will be back on schedule. In our group, we also discussed some possible group games but we have not decided on one final name.

Annelie

Today, I attempted to play Patryk’s game without sound. I confirmed with my horrible video game ability that his game needed a tutorial. However, he was nice enough (thanks Patryk!!!) to play my game and to give me credit and feedback for the work I was doing and he helped me fix the problems in my game. Furthermore, I also nearly finished my game, and will work on animating the cut scene very shortly. I am very proud with the amount of work I did today and I will try to work on more of it tonight and I also hope that I can work on the cut scene and that we can connect our mini games by tomorrow. We worked very well as a group, and I have no complaints.

(Final project does not work)

Different People So Unrelated

by: 20wua

Investigate
Whole Group: The whole project is going to be a variety of different games each teaching about different subjects such as math, science, and history. The whole objective of all of the games if for the player to have fun while learning about different educational school subjects. Each of the games are aimed to have interesting qualities that keep the player interested in each of them, such the spanish one, where you have to go on quest and communicate! In addition, there are obstacles the player has to face with critical thinking, communication skills, and so forth.

Sharupa: My game is about science and the different branches. The player will be asked questions and be part of many of the objective is to complete all the missions to stop King Lasko’s evil plans to destroy Laskoville. You will need to know science for this..

Raj - My game is going to be a math game about the player trying to get a treasure chest guarded by zombies. The objective is to get to the treasure chest by killing away the zombies by answering math questions correctly.

Abby: My game is about spanish or, the player will enter the world of wonderland and will meet quests along the way and if they survive they may go back to earth! At least when they face the Queen of Hearts! The objective is to teach spanish to the player, if they don’t succeed then they will will be eaten by the jabberwocky and never see daylight on Earth, MWHAHA!(don’t ask) The game will focus on spanish dialogue between wonderland characters and the player, the Wonderlandian will ask favors and question, if the player can understand them they can move ahead if not then they have to keep staying there until they get it right! The boss maybe a little harder though, in which there is spanish quests!

Rachel R.- My game is about geography and history. The player types in his or her username and will have to answer a series a questions which enables them to go to a land in Europe where a war is taking place.
Design
Game Design - Abby

Part I - Game Mechanics
A.Rules: There is really no specific rules towards the game, since it is in Spanish. So you technically fall down the rabbit hole and end up in wonderland. They will meet the characters who speak spanish, however you can get clues in English that is. But there is one important rule: no translator or outside help, although the creator, this I, may never know that, it means the player is a sore loser!

B.Game Play/Engine: The mouse is the control in which the player will inevitably fall down the rabbit hole, and end up in Wonderland. They will interact with the characters who speak spanish with the exception of the Chesire Cat who will give the player some hints along the way. The rabbit will introduce the game in English!

C. User Interface: The player is controlled through the use of the mouse, and the answers will be pretty short, nothing with much variation!

Part II- Objectives
A.Story: The game is basically the spanish version of Wonderland, and it’s an adventure on its plus side. There is starting point and ending point so its starts from the Rabbit hole all the way to the Card Castle.(the King of hearts home) Along the way to the boss, the characters like the caterpillar, Cheshire Cat, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and etc, will challenge the player in spanish or simply give directions, you get on the right path that is if you understand it, MWHAHAHA!

B.Characters:
King of Hearts Caterpillar Princess of Hearts
Player (Alice or Alice's) White Rabbit Knave of Hearts
Cheshire Cat Dormouse Flamemingo
Tweedledum & Tweedledee March Hare Wonder Bird
card soldiers White Queen Well of Wonder
The Mad Hatter Jabberwocky Other Wonderful Creatures ( sisters of flora & fauna, etc.)

C. Levels
There are really no levels it’s just an adventure, when the player has gone through each character they can proceed. There is the boss though, the Queen of Hearts, so will be challenging you to a series of challenges which the may be levels.
Part III - Obstacles

A. Bosses : The boss is that the Queen of Hearts will treat you to a series of challenges, which are designed like levels. If you past them you technically win which causes the Queen to be very very angry!

B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will definitely be riddles since it’s in wonderland. The mad hatter will definitely be talking crazy!

C. Leveling Up: Every time you complete an character dialogue or request you move on through wonderland all the way back home.
Part IV - Chrome

A. Graphics/Art: The backgrounds are through wonderland, some may be drawn and some may be imported. The Characters will most likely be from other sources, or if not then drawn and perhaps customized.

B. Sound/Music: There will be some music in between places because some place just don’t need music and some should have, like the mad hatter’s house!

C. Academic Content: Spanish is incorporated into Wonderland, there will be an basic lesson before the game starts, then the player is guided by the Cheshire Cat in English. Not only will you learn spanish you can have a conversion and learn to use it on quests. Also the Mad Hatter can add in a little fun like a riddle in either spanish or english, which may not or may make sense!

Game Design - Raj

Part 1 - Game Mechanics
A.Rules - In my game the only rules are really going to be the objectives of the game. So, in other words, the rules are going to be to try and get as many math problems correct so as to defeat the zombies and gain access to the treasure chest.
B.Gameplay - The player plays the game by trying to get math problems right and achieving the objectives of each level of the game.
C.User Interface - There are really no game controls except using the mouse and number keys to answer the math questions given to the player.

A.Story - There is going to be a story for my game. It is going to be comprised of a town losing it’s most precious items to zombies, and the town depending on a certain boy (the player) to get back its valuables from the zombies.
B.Characters - The boy, the town’s mayor, and the zombies.
C.Levels - In my game there are going to be three levels.

A.Bosses - There aren’t really bosses in the game, but instead, sort of zombies that act as normal obstacles that the player has to destroy by getting the math questions they get correct.
B.Puzzles/Riddles - Players are going to solve math problems as part of the educational component of my game. By answering puzzles correctly, you can kill the zombies and attain the objective of each of the levels in the game.
C.Leveling Up - There is going to be leveling up when the player manages to get enough math questions correct to kill all of the zombies and get to the treasure chest.
Part 4 - Chrome
A.Graphics/Art - Yes there are going to be two different backgrounds. One of the backgrounds is going to just be a regular view of a house which represents the “battleground” for the player and the zombies.
B.Sound/Music - No, there is going to be no music or sound playing in my game.
C.Academic Content - In my game, the academic content is all about math because the player accomplishes the objective by getting the number of algebra questions right, needed to kill the zombies.
Game Design - Sharupa

Part I - Game Mechanics
A. Rules: You can’t use any knowledge from the internet or from any notes. This is a test of your own knowledge about science.
B.Game Play/Engine: You are going to get a missions to stop King Lasko who is doing evil in his kingdom.
C. User Interface: The person playing the game is going to to have to have to use all of the keys on the keyboard.
Part II - Objectives

A. Story: You are in the kingdom of King Lasko. His kingdom is called Laskoville. You are one of the smartest people and in secret you’re a secret agent but no one else knows that other than you. You will have to spoil his plans.
B. Characters
• King Lasko who is the ruler of Laskoville. (corrupt)
•The player aka the amazing secret agent
C. Levels: Each mission is like a game level. If you complete one mission you go onto the next one which is harder than the last mission. Each mission will start out easy and will become harder.
Part III - Obstacles

A. Bosses(?) : The boss that you have to defeat is the evil King Lasko and he will be asking you questions. You will have to answer the questions he asks you and they will be all critical thinking questions related to science. He will sometimes come in disguises but you won’t be able to recognize him unless he conveys his thoughts.
B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will be no riddles since I don’t know any science riddles relating to science.
C. Leveling Up: Every time you answer a specific amount of questions for each mission you move onto the next mission which is considered another level if you think about it.
Part IV - Chrome
A. Graphics/ Art: The backgrounds such as the places where the missions will take place.
B. Sound/Music: Whenever the player gets question right there is going to be a sound. If they get a question wrong there will be another sound. There will be a ton of different music playing to give the player motivation.
C. Academic Content: So by answering the questions related to chemistry and physics and other stuff related to science people playing this game will gain a better understanding of the different branches of science. These questions will be related to many aspects of our everyday lives and how science is related to them.

Game Design- Rachel R.
Part 1- Game Mechanics
A.Rules: In my geography/ history game, the only rule is to try to answer all questions correctly. That is the only rule. If you fail to answer one question correctly, you have to restart the level.
B.Game Play/ Game Engine: The user must get past all the battles, but in order to do so, he/she/it must be able to answer all questions directed at them. A minimum of 4 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle. A maximum of 7 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle.
C.User Interface (What are the game controls?): The only game controls in my game are the letter/ number keys to type in your answer. Press the ENTER button to submit your answer to the game.
Part 2- Objectives
A.Story: A war in Europe between Germany and Russia is occurring and it seems as if Germany is winning, even though Germany started the war and wanted to take over.
B.Characters: The player, as a Russian general. The German general, who is leading the German army.
C.Levels: Each different battle represents a different level, and the later the battle, the harder the level. In total, there will be 4 levels.
Part 3- Obstacles

A.Bosses (?): In the last battle, there will be a last general, who is a controlling leader and extremely hard to beat. In order to beat him, there will be harder questions about locations in Europe.
B.Puzzles/ Riddles: In my game, there will be no puzzles and riddles, as I can see no way how to fit this into it.
C.Leveling Up: Every time you answer at least 4 questions right, you move on to a harder level.
Part 4- Chrome

A.Graphics/Art- Most likely all the scenes, backgrounds, and sprites I use will be from Scratch. There will be some graphic effects, but I don’t plan on creating my own sprites unless absolutely necessary.
B.Sounds/ Music- There will sounds of clashing swords and the occasional yells from the soldiers fighting while questions are being answered. There will also be encouraging music to push the player on.
C.Academic Content- The player will learn about the locations of places and the events that took place years, decades, centuries, or even eons ago. The purpose of this is to store more information about humanities in the player’s mind.

Plan
Project Plan
Resources
•Tools - scratch.mit.edu, storyboardthat.com, Google Chrome, Firefox, Google search engine, 4 computer/laptops, 1 iPad
•Materials- Sprites (enemies, players, objectives, etc.), scratch.mit.edu., blocks used to animate the characters, and/or credit to the original creator if the project is a remix, Backgrounds: the scenes within all individual game. Blocks.
•Labor: The group: Raj, Sharupa, Rachel, Abby
•Location: 4 Homes, 1 School, BSGE Library and tech room
•Time: 5/20/15 (Wednesday) -6/1/15 (Monday) about 50 student hours in total for the entire group
•Money: $0
Action Plan
Project Gantt Chart
Task
Create:
Abby: Developers log (independent) # 1, 5/21/15, 1:30-1:50, BSGE
The group didn’t work together on the project which doesn’t surprise me. Anyway I worked on the introduction of my scratch individual project, the first part that is, and I had to use different methods to operate my game since some controls are just to hard for me to create and code. So instead of clicking to skip the spanish lesson there is an interactive question.
Abby: Developers log # 2 (independent) , 5/25/15, 12;30-1:50, Home
In this session I completed the introduction of the game and set the player down in wonderland. I made a few changes, so that instead of clicking for your character you scroll on it instead. The Cheshire cat was fun to make, since it disappeared and reappeared every few seconds. There weren’t really any problems though, the first part was easy and now the body of the game is a lot hard and the intro took an 1 day to polish gold.
Abby: Developers log # 3 (independent), 5/26/15, 1:20-1:50, BSGE
In this session, we didn’t meet as a group so we ended up doing our individual projects. My game just took a whole new twist, instead of answering to the dialogue, there are options form an box to chose. To select that dialogue, you have to press the letter of the option. Some problems that came up was the, headache of cramming everything into place and the game maybe shorter now since the coding is way more complex. So behind! I have to cram everything it seems now!

Group Developers Log #1 5/28/15 Tech Room, School BSGE 1:20 P.M.-2:00 P.M.
Sharupa: In the today’s group meeting we were busy remaking our group account since we forgot the password to our old one. We still continued working on our individual projects but at the same we started connected our projects. I started working on the credit rolls by making the backgrounds. I finished all of most of them now and basically I am done with the credit rolls. Now I won't have to do it on the 29th which is tomorrow . Looks like a ton of relaxing time for me don't you think.

Abby: In today’s meeting, things were chaos and busy. We are so very behind schedule because things are running late. However we sorted things out partially. Afterwards we went into doing our individual project and we scheduled other meetings where we will actually work on the project.

Rachel R: During today’s session, our group had forgotten our password and we went through about 10 minutes of arguing so in the end, we just decided to make a new account, with a new password and username. After I finished this, I still had some time left so I spent it on working on my individual project.

Raj: In today’s meeting, it was chaos and everything was so disorganized. In this group session, I worked on the beginning scenes for my group project. In other words, I worked on the beginning part of my group’s project where all of our game’s names are shown and the player has to click on one of our games so that they can start playing it.
Abby- Developers log#4: 2:49-6;12, Home, 5/30/15
I finished my individual project there were some difficulties though. When the scene shifted to the mad hatter, both avatars of the players popped up and I couldn’t solve it so I left it like that. Also the time given for an answer from the boxes aren’t sufficient may have to go back and change that then. Also I decided to not put in all dialogues because that was too complex so I made quests where the player has to find objects requested in spanish, if they don’t find it of well they lose. Finally the boss the Queen of Hearts, there are 3 cards to scroll on, but the queen asks you to find the card of hearts. They are all cards of hearts the player is going to have to use common sense to find the right card. Finally done!

Group Developer’s Log #2 - May 31, 2015 - Each Of Our Homes - 1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.
Sharupa: Today, we all met as a group and didn’t work on our individual projects. Today, we each checked over all of the other group members’ projects. I believe that everyone did a really nice job and I think that we can all do well on this project. Though, we aren’t so great as a group because during the meeting and checking over each other’s projects - everyone started to yell at each other a lot. It just never stopped. I finally got everyone to quiet down though being so smart as we can all see. This is what you get for having the sass master in your group. Oh yeah out of the entire group I was the one yelling the most and i think i almost lost my voice. I’m glad that vitamin water exists at least. It cured the pain and the complete suffering I had to face while working with my group. And pizza was also a great help. I was hungry while screaming at them. And then after a whole pizza I was still hungry so I ate donuts too. My group puts too much pressure on me thats for sure. BUT WE ALL SURVIVED!!!! YAY!!!!!! I forgot who started the fight but I know it’s not me thats for sure.

Raj : In this work session we all worked as a group and met up with each other. In this session, we all checked over each other’s projects. I thought that everyone else’ projects were very interesting and showed a lot of effort. Though, in our meeting, it was anarchy because everyone was yelling at each other to fix parts of their project and it was just crazy.

Rachel R.: Today, we met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t do work on our individual projects because they were all done. Instead, we checked over each other’s projects and made sure that everyone project were good and made sense. However, our meeting was completely chaotic because we all just kept yelling at each other. It was like such a headache. But we got over our fights and I’m confident that we’ll get decent grades on this.

Abby: In this work session, we all met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t work on our individual projects as we completed them fully. Today, we looked over each other’s projects and determined how good each of them were. However, it was a crazy meeting because everyone had to shout at each other when trying to tell the others about the mistakes they made and the fact that some people were not there on time! Of and sharupa thinks she yelled a lot, I gonna press charges!

Raj’s Reflection -

1. In my individual project, I believe that one strength that was highlighted in my individual project would be about my questions. To be more specific, my questions were very uniquely coded and didn’t take much time at all to create, because they were also so simple to code, so that they generated on their own.

2. My individual project could’ve been better in a lot of way. For example. it could’ve been better if all of the characters and letters appeared at the exact right time when playing the game, as my timing for some of my words and when certain sprites and backgrounds appeared were a little bit off, but they didn’t interfere too much with the game and how it was played.

3. I made the beginning transitioning parts for my group. In other words, I created all of the sprites when our group project’s green flag was clicked that said each of our project’s names and told the person to click a certain key - the first letter of our last name (which is said) - to play our projects.

4. I think I could’ve improved my group work so that instead of having to press a key to gain access to the playing of each of our games, I could’ve made it so that if the sprite that said our game name was clicked on, then people could gain access to our games a lot more easier, and it would seem a bit more normal, because usually people click on a button that says “play game” to play the game, so it would’ve been a lot easier.

5. Sharupa - She made the credit rolls for each of our group members which was a great contribution to our group. This is because many of us had forgotten about making our credit rolls and her doing it for each of us really helped us out.

Rachel - She made a new group account in one of our group meetings in the tech room. This was a great help and contribution as well because we had forgotten our original group password and were, therefore, all arguing with each other because we thought that we would get nothing done, that period. So, her making this account really make us feel calmer and stopped our arguing.

Abby - She also made a very important contribution when she transferred everyone’s scripts for them into the group project. Her transferring our scripts was really helpful to us, so she really did make a great contribution.

6. Sharupa - I don’t think that Sharupa could’ve done anything else to improve her contributions. She did a lot for the group and so therefore, I think that there isn’t any other way that she could’ve helped us more.

Rachel - Rachel could’ve improved her contributions a little bit because making another group account didn’t provide enough benefit for the members of our group in the long run. To be more specific, she could’ve helped check over each of our projects and tell us what we needed to improve in each of our games.

Abby - There’s is definitely no other way that Abby could’ve benefited the group. She helped us all out so much by transferring our scripts that we actually are in debt to her because her doing that just was so beneficial to our group having a completed and well-done project.

Sharupa Reflection -

1) The highlights of my individual project is the dialogue and the title sequence. The dialogue is in the introduction and in the last mission. Those were the things I was proud of since that was where I got to be creative. Also the title sequence was something I worked on for like an ur just for the designing so that was something i am very proud of because not only does it show effort but it shows beauty.

2) My individual project could've been better if I made more harder questions. That way it would show as each mission continued you would be getting harder and harder questions to test your skills and knowledge. But still even with the mix of hard and easy questions it really doesn't matter.

3) The contributions I made to the group were that I made everyone's credit rolls. Most of my group forgot about that so I reminded them and I made them for our entire group. This is why my group is lucky to have me in their group.

4)We can improve our group work by making sure we cooperate more and that we stop screaming at each other. Yeah when that happened I just got really hungry and annoyed at my group. I mean it takes so much effort just to make your group shush.

5) Abby: She did an astounding job of linking our projects together. She did it so fast and efficiently it was like magic. She was like the cover of my iPad. Like making my iPad looks good and all.

Rachel: She made us a new group account after we forgot the password to our old one. It was helpful since we might've wasted a ton of time just trying to figure out what the password was. So she helped us save time and be more efficient.

Raj: He created the beginning transition part of the project. That wa helpful because this is how our projects would have a smooth transition.

6) Abby: Not much really she did all of the hard work and she did it in such an astounding fashion. It was like one of the biggest things that she could've done. She was a major help and I don't think I will be able to ever repay her

Raj: I feel he could've helped Abby more with the transitioning since Abby did most of the transitioning and he did one part. The amount of work that he could've done should've been greater otherwise it was pretty good.

Rachel: I feel that she could've done more other than just making the account of the group. She could've helps us check each other's project and tried to see if all the requirements.But she had a really huge project so it really doesn’t matter. She did her part of the contribution well.

Rachel R.’s Reflection-

1).Amongst my individual project, I believe that the highlights are the last level and the backgrounds. The last level displays questions of high difficulty and a flag was required to be drawn, in which I put a lot of effort and time into. The backgrounds took a very long time because I had to rename them and in total, there were 33 of them

4).My project would’ve been better if my questions weren’t so easy in the first two levels. There is a great possibility that even a 5th grader could be able to answer them. One could gain more knowledge if I did so and it would’ve been funner and more challenging.

3).The contributions I made to the group was making the new account when we lost our password and username. This saved us a lot of time instead of trying to change our password or try to remember it.

4).We could’ve improved as a group by getting together more often to discuss what we need to fix and what we could've added. We also could’ve looked over each other’s work in pairs and give warm and cool feedback.

5). Sharupa: Sharupa did a great job of encouraging us to work harder and tell us what we could’ve improved on and added. She reminded us what we had to do and put together the credit rolls. Altogether, she was a very hard and efficient worker.

Raj- Raj was helpful, assigning everyone their parts and helping us organize a schedule. He also managed to create the beginning transitions for all of our projects combined and buttons for our games.

Abby- Abby was hard-working and reminded us of our tasks when we kind of broke down and started chatting during our meetings. She contributed most of the work into our projects by putting all 4 together. And she did it so fast too.

6). Sharupa- Sharupa was pretty good but she could’ve improved on one thing: staying on task. During our meetings at school, she tends to talk to Raj or Abby. Not that I’m complaining because it seemed harmonious but we needed the time.

Raj- Raj was a good worker but he had something he could’ve worked on: being more specific of what we were all supposed to do because I was a bit confused when he assigned the parts.

Abby- She was also pretty good as well. She could’ve improved on her attitude a bit because she got a little strict when we were off task.

Abby’s Reflection :

1.Within my individual project the strength highlights were my creative way of incorporating spanish into the game. Also I think my characters were nice and funny, the sound effects were also weird and crazy just like wonderland!

2. I feel that my project would have been totally better if I had more time to fix things so its very repeatable not just some sections. Also I would have liked it if in one part my characters didn’t show up but it was too hard and complex to fix so I left it.

3.The contributions I made to my account were the transferring of almost everyone’s scripts and project and making sure that the group project ran smoothly, not to mention linking things and fixing the scripts so it made sense. In addition, I would remind the other members to focus sometimes.

4. we improve our group work by not screaming at each other when something goes wrong we should try to solve the problem efficiently and peacefully. Furthermore, we have to actually work as an group more than just simply work on our individual projects half the time.

5.Raj- He was like the guy in charge (almost) he scheduled our meeting and did the set up the group project. Also helped with the first little part of the group project.

Sharupa- she was the one that did the credits and made sure all things went where they should go and she was always there if any problems comes up. In addition she kept everyone calm and handled issues.

Rachel- Rachel was the one who never got off track she present at meeting always. Furthermore she was focused all along, she was awesome!

6) Raj-One very minor thing that he needs to work on is the fact that group work means group work! He could be more involved as well.

Sharupa- She is AWESOME and all but she should try to stay on board while working. Other than that there is nothing else.

Rachel- Rachel is great and all but she could have contributed more towards the group project. Also she could have made things a little easier for the linker by not putting in the same backdrops over and over.

Final Group Developers Log: Plan for Improvement, June 3, 2015, 1:20 P.M.-1:30 P.M., Tech Room, BSGE

Sharupa:

My project would be totally better if I made the characters fit their descriptions. like making the evil king look more evil. Also I should make more levels which are the missions of the game. also i should have more variety of questions like different question design. In addition some music would also be good too since it would just give my game more swag. There should also be more dialogue and more drama to make the plot of the game and the game itself interesting. I also think that I should’ve made the other sprites ask the questions rather than having the secret agent say the questions since this is really about completing missions and defeating all the other sprites in order to gain success and make the village safe. There should also be more backgrounds because the more backgrounds you have the more variety you have in your game.

Abby:

My game would be better if I actually added levels and put less hints. So I think it’s too easy, and I only have 2 hints, he he he. Music would be good too, since my music is too crazy and very limited. In addition, I want to make more spanish lesson with Sr. Rump so the player can be properly educated. Furthermore, I want to seriously fix the part where both players appear in the Mad hatter’s tea house. My game would be awesome in my opinion if that was fixed up. By the way the groups project would be better if the objective were introduced. I may also consider in critical thinking in spanish that will make the game more challenge and computer destroying encouraging.

Rachel R.: My project would be so much better if I had used much more harder questions, seeing as how easy everyone thought my questions were. There were questions like “In what year did Christopher Columbus discover America?” which I could’ve replaced with questions like “In what year did France give America the Statue of Liberty?” Also, I could’ve used 49 less backdrops, using the same correct! and incorrect! backdrop. Instead, I used different correct and incorrect backdrops for each question. In all, I had 55 backgrounds, most of which was unnecessary. It would’ve also been a good idea to add some victory music to encourage the player to go on.

Raj : There are many improvements that I could make to my individual project. For this work session, we worked in a group, but we ended up working on our individual projects. This is because by improving each of our individual projects, we can improve the quality of the group project as a whole. So, for my project, I can add music to make my project more exciting and more enthusiastic, so that the player will get more interested in the game. Also, I want to try and improve how my game transitions because certain sprites and backdrops appear a little too late or early, so that the game looks a little weird at certain times. For this work session, we didn’t have any problems and were, therefore, well off for our work. Everything went smoothly for once as a group.

TheNamelessOnes' GAMES!!!

by: 20limm

INVESTIGATE

Rayan: boss battle
Maya: side scroller
Katia: side scroller

Marc-

I think that a good idea for this game would be a side scrolling platform game like Super Mario Bros., but every time you get a powerup, you must answer a question. If you get the question correct, then you get the powerup. If you get it wrong, it reveals the answer and you lose points/lives. Also, I like the idea of asking questions in order to continue playing. Instead of being nearly impossible, we could make it a challenging one that requires some thought.

GAME MECHANICS: (Entire Game)

• Rules:
    The objective of the game is to collect treasure in chests at the end of the minigame, but to open the chest you must answer the a series of “ultimate questions” correctly (these questions are timed). There are four levels and in order to win, you must collect all four pieces of treasure.

• Defeat enemies while making your way to the treasure. The boss will be guarding the treasure chest at the end.

• You lose health for every hit you take. If you die, you must answer a “life saver” question, which will determine whether or not you continue in the game. If answered incorrectly, you die and restart the level. If you get it right, then you get extra health to keep you going and get to continue the game.

• GAMEPLAY: (Entire Game)

• The players will use different controls in the different minigames.

• Game Controls : (possible)

• The game controls for the mini games will be individually chosen for each minigame. Among these choices will be the wasd keys or the arrow keys for platformers.

• side scroller

• platform - kat and maya and Marc

MARC-Individual project:

Game mechanics:

rules:

• The player will control an american soldier in germany. this will be the character that they use

• The player’s job is to get to the end of each level and answer a question in order for them to pass the level

• The player will be able to fight Hitler when all 4 levels are completed.

• game engine:

• The game will be a platformer/sidescroller. They will play by using arrow keys.

Objectives:

• pass each level

Obstacles:

• Enemy soldiers

• Hitler

Chrome:

• You can fight Hitler

• its a remix of a popular game

• Its educational

PLAN:

Resources:

Tools: Scratch, Computer, Online sites, Google Drive/Documents, Web Browser,

RESOURCES

Materials: Sprites, backgrounds, props, creative commons/public domain images, sound effects, soundtracks/music, (possibly photo editing software)

Labor: Marc, Maya, Rayan, Katia

Time: May 20th to June 1st

Money: $0

Location:School, Homes, Library

Action Plan:

Project  Gantt Chart

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create backgrounds

red red

Create all Sprites

green green green

Find Sound effects/ music

blue blue

Create enemies/ bosses

black

Animate Marc’s project

red red red red

Animate Katia’s project

black

Animate Maya’s project

green green green

Animate Rayan’s project

blue blue blue

Create title sequence

black

Create ending sequence/

Import all individual projects into group product

green

Marc

red

Maya

green

Rayan

blue

Katia

black

Thursday, may 21, 2015. 1:30-2:00.BSGE. Marc Today I attempted to find a game that I could remix. It was mostly successful, but I didn’t get any actual work done.

Marc  May 26th 2015 1:30- 2:00 pm BSGEThere wasn’t any significant progress with the project, as I was too confused and didn’t know how to use the variable blocks. I decided instead of making an entirely new game, I was just going to remix it and change the sprites, backgrounds, and enemies..

Group log May 30th 1:55-2:05 BSGE

Marc

We discussed what type of game and what subject we were going to teach. We also generally discussed our progress.

Katia

we discussed what was happening and we planned how it was going to go in the final p

Rayan

i satan

Maya

We discussed what we were doing and the plans for making this project, such as which games we were remixing and everyone’s part in the group.

Marc May 28th 2015 1:15- 2:00 pm BSGE I had to completely restart the whole project by remixing the same game all over again because there were a lot of glitches. However, there wasn’t anything significant that I left behind as I can easily import the costumes and fix the backgrounds, although the process is really time- consuming. I think if I work hard, I can get it done by saturday. I couldn’t figure out how to add the questions in between levels.

Marc May 29th 2015 2:20- 2:15 pm BSGE Today I worked on the project. I had somewhat good progress, as I made most of the question blocks. I expect to finish this project no later than Saturday. All I have left is to animate Hitler and change the costumes.

Group Log May 30th 2015 3-3:15pm Home

Marc

I think that this meeting went well. We discussed mainly on our progress on the project. Everyone was present and we found out that all of us were nearly done.

Rayan

We managed to complete a brief analyzation of our project’s progress, were nearly done.

Maya

This meeting was brief, but efficient. We were able to discuss what point we were at with the project and who was doing what, just to clarify. As it is my responsibility to import all of the projects, it was very helpful to know where everyone was.

Katia

we did a lot of work in th9s time period and a lot of work was accomplished by everyone today

Marc    May 30th 2015 3:00-6:00 pm BSGE I had really good progress, as I am almost finished with the project. However, I had to get rid of the questioning part when you die and instead replaced it so that you had to answer a question to progress to the next level, which was because there couldn’t be a unique question for every time you die. All I have to do is create the costumes and positions of the enemy sprites.

Marc    May 31th 2015 4:00-5:00 pm BSGE I have finished with the project. the only thing is that the animation glitches out in the group project, but I can’t see anything wrong with the scripts. I think it might conflict with another script.

Marc :https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65015282/

1. I would like to point out that the game was well done, even if most of the scripts were from another player. I incorporated science questions occasionally so it would be educational but not boring.

2. Next time, I want to change or figure out how to make my own game. I felt that the project is a little bit too similar to the original.

3. I mainly helped with the creation of the sprites, although half didn’t want me to create the sprites. I was also the main organizer of  the group meetings.

4. I think that I could have improved on the group work by helping with putting the project together and creating more sprites/ backgrounds for others.

5. Rayan: He showed up for all of the group meetings and was very helpful. He answered most of the questions that were presented, which helped us figure out important parts of the project.

6. Katia: She showed up for most of the projects and contributed a lot. Like rayan, she answered questions and generally helped with the organization of the meetings.

7. Maya: She contributed a lot to the project. She put the project together as well as creating the sprites.

8. Rayan: he could have been more involved in the creation of the group’s projects. His original plan was to find music but he eventually decided against it.

9. Katia: She could have showed up for more meetings. As she was not present in a meeting, she could have missed updates and we wouldn’t know her progress.

10. Maya: She could have put the group product together at an earlier time so there would be time to test for glitches/ script conflicts.

GROUP DEVELOPER’S LOG: PLAN FOR IMPROVEMENT, June 3rd 2015 1:30 pm, BSGE

Maya:

If I had the chance to improve the project, I would most likely prioritize focusing on the glitches I wasn’t able to fix on the group project where concerning the part where all of the group projects were imported. I would take more time to figure out where I messed up when putting the scripts together. I would also want to add smaller aspects to the overall group product that we did not get the chance to put on before, unfortunately. Furthermore, it would have been nice to make all of the games tie in to a similar theme that played out among each separate individual product, so together the different games did not look so arbitrary with each other. I would also want to just look over with everything to check the scripts to see if there are any specific problems.

Marc:

If we had the chance to improve this project, we would improve the game’s glitches. We originally didn’t test it and we only found out that we had to add certain scripts. I would fix this problem by just taking more time to check the group project and fixing all its glitches and problems. I also wanted to do an animated introduction, but due to time constraints, the only option was to put a simple stage selections. Additionally, I wanted to create an outro.

Katia:

if i had a chance to improve my project, i would fix all the glitches in my project and update my game to what it was before my computer glitched and lost it. I want to do it again to have more time to complete this an have another chance. there were lots of glitches when it came together so i would like to have a chance to fix that also.

Rayan:

had a chance to improve the group project I would focus on fixing the glitch that kept on harming the course of the game. the project however we noticed it later. It would have been helpful to give the project a unified theme. This would’ve helped to show the idea that we wanted to display in our project as well as help to give the project a better unification.

GROUP PROJECT: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64996766/#player

TheNamelessOnes' GAMES!!!

by: 20limm

INVESTIGATE

Rayan: boss battle
Maya: side scroller
Katia: side scroller

Marc-

GAME MECHANICS: (Entire Game)

• Rules:

• GAMEPLAY: (Entire Game)

• Game Controls : (possible)

• side scroller

• platform - kat and maya and Marc

MARC-Individual project:

Game mechanics:

rules:

• game engine:

Objectives:

• pass each level

Obstacles:

• Enemy soldiers

• Hitler

Chrome:

• You can fight Hitler

• its a remix of a popular game

• Its educational

PLAN:

Resources:

RESOURCES

Labor: Marc, Maya, Rayan, Katia

Time: May 20th to June 1st

Money: $0

Location:School, Homes, Library

Action Plan:

Project  Gantt Chart

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create backgrounds

red red

Create all Sprites

green green green

Find Sound effects/ music

blue blue

Create enemies/ bosses

black

Animate Marc’s project

red red red red

Animate Katia’s project

black

Animate Maya’s project

green green green

Animate Rayan’s project

blue blue blue

Create title sequence

black

Create ending sequence/

green

Marc

red

Maya

green

Rayan

blue

Katia

black

Group log May 30th 1:55-2:05 BSGE

Marc

Katia

Rayan

i satan

Maya

Group Log May 30th 2015 3-3:15pm Home

Marc

Rayan

Maya

Katia

Maya:

Marc:

Katia:

Rayan:

GROUP PROJECT

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/64996766/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

Become a mathmatician

by: 20vamab
This Is the start of my induvidual game
What will be seen at the first look of the project

Investigate

Group Name: ScratchGameTeam

Password: gamers

Plan: 3 different mini games with three math lessons. 2 of the minigames will be platformer games. 1 of the games will be a side-scroller game. There will also be a boss level, where all 3 topics/academic fields will be integrated into a major level. The final level will require the player to combine all 3 of the topics of the knowledge he has acquired thus far and combine them to fight through the several stages to combat a huge graduation diploma.

Objective: Finish a math topic successfully in order to unlock two more units of “math class” to win the game and earn a diploma.

Manaswi: Physics

Bianca: Geometry

Christie: Order of Operations/Basic Pre-Algebra

Plan: In order to achieve her/his goals and in order to become a mathematician, a boy needs to complete three math units.

Objective: Score at least 75 knowledge points out of a total of 100 in each of the three units of mathematics in order to become a mathematician.

Bianca

Game Mechanics:

Rules- have fun, pay attention to details use correct keys

Game play- Use game controls to pass between 3 backdrops of geometry information and answer 2 medium level geometry questions and 1 critical thinking question

User interface/Game controls- Space= shoot to overcome boss, left arrow key= move left, right arrow key= move right, up arrow key= jump

Objective: The main character has to score at least 75 knowledge points out of a total of 100 and not lose all it knowledge saves

Story- A boy/girl wishes of someday becoming a mathematician. In order to achieve his/her dream, he/she knows that he/she will have to get good grades and answer questions correctly.

Bosses- Obstacles the character has to overcome such as injury predators who stand in the platform's way and if the player touches the bosses he/she loses a life.

Characters-1 boy/girl with black hair and is holding a book

Levels-There will be 3 different landscapes/levels of geometry

Obstacles:

Puzzles/riddles/questions/traps- There will be questions throughout each unit and then one final question at the end of each unit. You have three lives until you lose all your knowledge so the bosses try to consume your lives.

Leveling up- Each correct answer will let you continue on with the game,each final question about the unit will take you into the next level.

Chrome:

Art/Graphics- Sprites and backgrounds will all come from Scratch or hand-drawn. Light red color and geometric shapes for the backdrop

Sound/Music/Sound Effects- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXpwjNVQJY

Group

Game Mechanics:

Rules-

Game play-

User Interface/Game Controls-

Objective: The character has to pass all three units to earn a certificate and become a mathematician

Story- A boy wishes of someday becoming a mathematician. In order to achieve his/her dream, he knows that he will have to get good grades and answer questions correctly.

Characters- 1 boy with black hair and is holding a book and the levels will have enemies

Levels- There will be 3 different major levels.

Obstacles:

Bosses- Enemy sprites that try to take you lives if they come into contact with you

Puzzles/riddles/questions/traps- At the end of each individual game, question(s) will be asked that tests your knowledge of the unit.

Leveling up-  By answering the questions correctly you move on to the next unit.

Chrome:

Art/Graphics:Sprites and backgrounds will all come from Scratch or be hand-drawn.

Sound/Music/Sound Effects-

Manaswi- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2XilcGYOo

Bianca- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXpwjNVQJY    

Christie- Background music will come from Scratch

Plan -

Resources:

Tools - Scratch, Google, Computer, Creative Commons

Materials -

Location - School, Google Hangouts

Time - 12 days

Money - $0

Labor -

Manaswi Mancha

Bianca

Christie

Action Plan:

Manaswi Mancha

Bianca

Christie

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/310

5/3

11

6/1

12

Unavailable

Main Character

General Backgrounds (without written information)

Enemy Sprite

Manaswi’s Individual Project  and import scripts to the group project

Bianca's Individual project  and import scripts to the group project

Christie’s Individual Project and Import Scripts to the Group Project

Create Title Page and combine to 1rst scripts

Combine 2nd and 3rd Scripts

Create Credits Roll and combine with 3rd script

Create

Group Log: 5/22 9:45-10:15 BSGE

Manaswi Mancha

We met up today to discuss how we should complete the project. We did not get to start upon our individual projects today. We only conversed regarding who should do what things and the workload. There were numerous disagreements, particularly regarding who should integrate all the individual levels. In the resolution, I had decided to converse with Mr. Shantanu regarding this matter. This will settle the debate of who will do the individual level combining occupation.

Bianca

We did not do any work but we did discuss the jobs and how we should do the project we had disagreements about:

The workload organization

how we should do our jobs

Some solutions would be to have more time to work together and make compromises. Also make the rule of not being allowed to change each other's work

Christie

We discussed the tasks each person was supposed to do, despite the fact that we had already settled it yesterday night. Therefore, we couldn’t start on our individual project. A solution to this is that Bianca and I may make plans to meet with Shantanu after school.

Group Log: 5/22 2:10-2:45 BSGE:

Manaswi Mancha:

I sat down with the administrator and the group. The group and I debated about the amount of work that each person would get and I endeavored to determine a way to determine a compromise. Everyone was present and they all gave accounts upon their behalf. The main conflict was that I was getting too much work, while the others had barely any work. I was getting the harder work. The others debated that we all had equal work. In the aftermath, the resolution was reached. The consensus was inevitable. Mr. Shantanu was aiding us and advising us regarding the compromise. Everyone had to obey to the principles of equality. The resolution was that a consensus was reached that I would do 2 middle transitions, one person would do the title sequence and the first transition and another person would do the credits and the last transition.

Bianca:

We all sat down with Shantanu and described our issues then each came up with different possible compromises and then agreed on a final compromise that would balance the workload. Some disagreements were to convince each other these compromises would work and that they were fair when looking at the whole project and the division of work. A solution to these disagreements was Shantanu explaining his understandings of our ideas and showing the part with common sense while also including his own suggestions. Another solution was trying to elaborate and fully describe our own ideas.

Christie

My group met up with Shantanu after school and discussed our issues with the group we were dedicated to. We conferred our problems and tried to find a solution to who does what work. Shantanu helped us rearrange our schedules and make compromises in order to adapt to what the rest of my group can do around their own schedules. We settled upon splitting the combination of the scripts for more than one person to do, along with another task to ensure that each member of my group is contributing to the group project.

Bianca’s Log: 5/27 9:50-10:25 BSGE

I  took out my computer wanting to start working on my individual project. But it took me a while to even get online and also to wait for scratch to load. While this was going on I  explained the work I  have done so far to my group mates and tried to help them visualize the plan I  had in mind about our enemy sprite. Fortunately we easily came to an agreement about the plan for our enemy sprites. As I logged in I had trouble accessing my projects but after a long time I  was able to import the vother jobs done by my group members into my backpack. When browsing or platformer games I made the decision that it was best to remix Quadrate. I will start and finish my individual project by thursday but because of my busy schedule this week I might fall behind and finish my individual project

Bianca’s Log: 5/28 8:30-10:00 home

Today I accomplished many things with scratch but I still need a lot of work. Today I basically started my individual project. I  added the main character, enemy sprites and backgrounds to my individual project. I  decided it would take too much time to create my own animation so i  decided to remix the game quadrate. I  deleted the multiplayer option knowing my group wouldn’t agree to it while also editing the main character to make sure it could work like the original character. I added the geometry information to the backgrounds and made sure the type of geometry information was specific to each background so the questions asked at the end of each background would be something that was already learned. I  added friday to the gantt chart because I was too tired to add the questions and make an opening for the end to make it easier for my  group to combine the scripts. This was also part of the problem because I didn’t know how to make sure the right questions were asked at the right time.

Bianca’s Log: 5/29 9:50-10:15 BSGE

When taking out my computer I wanted to start inserting the questions but I  realized my individual project had a lot of glitches and lagging problems because of the main Character’s shape and size so I adjusted all the platforms to make sure the main Character wouldn't get stuck in the colors anymore. I also fixed the title page of my individual game to show my game was round 2:The geometry level. One problem I found was that my character isn't able to shoot from his right side so I decided that I will explain the player can only shoot from his left side because I  can’t seem to find the problem in the main character’s script. Another difficulty I  found was finding the way to ask the questions with 1 script fortunately Shantanu explained to me that in the data section I can make a list. I  added saturday and sunday to the gantt chart realizing that I was unavailable tonight.

Bianca’s Log: 5/31 6:30-11:00

Today I wanted to finish my individual project and all its details. First I  made two lists in the format Shantenu showed me. I  filled one list with my questions and one list with the answers and that took me some time. A problem that occurred was when putting the lists into use into the scripts they glitched and either never appeared or changed the outcome of the script. So I had to delete the lists and redo the questions and answers a different way. One problem that I can't solve is the Main Character can't shoot from its left side and according to its scripts its supposed to. I  finished my individual credits and my individual credits while also fixing question problems such as questions repeating in wrong places at wrong times. Tomorrow I will import my scripts, make the credits roll and combine Manaswi script to the credits roll.

Group Log: 6/1 2:15-2:20 BSGE

Manaswi

Bianca

Since Manashwi said that he didnt even start his individual project. As a compromise he stated he would finish by 6 pm latest after many disagreements during lunch. But I realized in the past he would say he had many extra curricular activities after school so i  went to Shantenu and asked him what we should do if we can't rely on Manaswi. I  was introduced with the idea of making a group project of just two projects because the idea that Manaswi could finish by 6 pm with his busy schedule was unbelievable. Shantenu said he would be fine with letting christie and I  do the project ourselves but it would be our decision if we wanted to wait for manaswi to see if

he would keep his promise. Christie and I  agreed we would probably do it ourselves. When i  got home i  sent an email informing manashwi about the new conditions and since he didn't respond protesting he wanted to contribute over 2 hours we started the project ourselves

Christie

Bianca told me in school today that Manaswi didn’t even start his individual project, and when we checked it out on the school computers, it was true. His excuse to us is that “I can’t type because of my arm,” but Scratch is not mainly about typing. It’s about scrolling with the blocks. Some typing too, but shouldn’t be that difficult with one hand. And he has his right hand, even better. Bianca and I decided to talk with Shantanu if we could finish our group project ourselves, since we don’t trust Manaswi to finish his on time and combine the projects. Shantanu agreed, but still insisted that Bianca still has to place credit for him for creating the main character sprite. We agreed to Shantanu’s terms.

Bianca’s Log: 6/1 9:00-11:00 home

Today I  made the credits roll, and since I wasn’t supplied with the creator of the main Character I tries looking up cartoon pictures on google images but I couldn’t find the exact boy used I  tried to find a new boy holding a paper but most images were royalty free only meaning you had to pay about 20 dollars to be  able to use them so I ended up finding a boys face to use. I  gave credit to Christie for the first game and listed her credits then I did the same for me and for manashwi I gave him credit of having the idea of the Main Character being a boy. I  also fixed Christie's script to repeat the questions if the player got it wrong. One problem was that the enemy sprites weren’t appearing on the game. I  made them show up but they don’t take away lives or follow the player like they are programed to. At least they confuse the player of the rules. One problem that I could figure out was making the main Character shoot but then it was unnecessary in the group project anyway since the enemies lost their threat power. I  combined my script to the credits roll because of the change of plan.

This is the order of the projects shown

Group Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63610990/

Bianca’s Individual Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64482638/

Sylwester the Translator

May 22, 2015 8:30- 9:00 BSGE

Today I got my sprites since the ones I chose originally were creepy. I also forgot to get a rich guy sprite. I got all of that now, and that’s pretty much all I got done.

May 25, 2015 9:30-10:00 BSGE

I started/ kind of made a cut scene--I’m not really sure what, kind of like the intro to the game. The Uruk-hai of Sauman are the bodyguards of the rich man, so it has something to do with everything else. Thats what I got done today.

May 27, 2015 8:15-9:00 BSGE

Today the internet connection was really slow, therefore I didn’t get much done, except for erasing the white background from my Uruk-hai sprites.

May 28, 2015 6:20-9:00 Home (My House)

Today I managed to do most of the 1st level for pinyin, I will add one more sentence then move on to the next level pinyin and tones, tomorrow. Also the 1st translation in my game is pretty much the tutorial, that’s it. It’s tou fa- which means hair. So yeah. It’s really difficult to make the other sprites react to a answer of a different sprite, but I got got it, although it takes long. I am very behind schedule, but if I work at the same pace everyday I might finish. I’m still going to work on it now... I finished all of level 1. It will take me a long time to do my project. Also, I didn’t put in photos because that would be too much work to find a CC photo of different things. So instead I ask a question and the person responds, with the correct or incorrect translation.

20WegrowskiO

20Stypulkowskip

20marukyans

20hyatta

Today I attempted to play Patryk’s game without sound. I confirmed with my horrible video game ability that his game needed a tutorial. However, he was nice enough (thanks Patryk!!!) to play my game and to give me credit and feedback for the work I was doing and he helped me fix the problems in my game. Furthermore, I also nearly finished my game, and will work on animating the cut scene very shortly. I am very proud with the amount of work I did today and I will try to work on more of it tonight and I also hope that I can work on the cut scene and that we can connect our mini games by tomorrow. We worked very well as a group, and I have no complaints.

May 31, 2015 1:11-3:30 Home:

I finished all of level 2 and I got the last backdrop for the 3rd level. I’ll do maybe ½ of it today if I have time and the rest tomorrow. ...I ended up not doing any more, but I did do a very simple credits roll.

June 1, 2015 5:36-7:54 Home

I finished my project and added sound. Finally! So glad.

Gantt Chart: (schedule)

20hyatta: X, 20marukyans: $, 20Stypulkowskip: ?, 20WegrowskiO: 0

Jobs

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create 20hyatta sprites

X

Create 20marukyans Sprites

$

Create 20WegrowskiO Sprites

0

Create 20Stypulkowskip Sprites

?

Create 20hyatta backdrops

X

Create 20marukyans backdrops

$

Create 20WegrowskiO backdrops

0

Create 20Stypulkowskip backdrops

?

Animate 20hyatta

X X X X

Animate 20marukyans game

$ $ $ $

Animate 20WegrowskiO Game

0 0 0 0

Animate 20Stypulkowskip Game

?

? ? ?
?

Cut Scene (The Intro)

X X

Connect Mini Games

? $

Tutorial

0 0 0 0

Share Game

?

20WegrowskiO's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63629580/

20Stypulkowskip: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63698146/

20marukyans: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63698192/

20hyatta: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64263016/

History Monsters

by: 20haques
History Monsters

Group project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64604106/#player

Kayla's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64981086/

Lalla's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63880466/

Scott's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63567150/

Investigate

Shahreen: I will do a game about fighting historical figures and have them teach the player about themselves while the player fights them. The objective is to teach the player about the historical figures. The fighting is for the game to be fun. An obstacle in making this game would be figuring out how to make the health of the historical figures go down every time they are attacked. The historical figures being fought will be George Washington, Pol Pot, Christopher Columbus.

Kayla will make a racing game where you have to answer a question to move on.

Lalla will do a fighting game wher you have to fight british soldiers.

Scott will do a game that teaches you about what happens inside Congress.

Design

Group: To connect all of our mini-games into one game, we will have a sprite fall asleep in class. Then, two sprites will appear. One will ask the name of the player and then say that if the viewer would like to go on an adventure, they must help that sprite win a race. He will then go on to explain the rules of the game. If the player does win the race, the game will continue on to the historical games. Lalla’s game will follow the race and the sprite that the player had helped win the game will continue on in the game and describes the objectives of each of the games. If the player is able to beat this section of the game, the setting will change to Shahreen’s game and then to Scott’s. If the player dies in one of the games, they will lose one of their lives. After their fourth death, the player will reset to the beginning of the game.

Shahreen:

Game Mechanics-

1. Rules- You must consecutively defeat all three of the historical people. If you lose to one of them, then you have to re-start that part of the game.

2. Game play/Game Engine- Your character fights with a sword. Each of the three historical figures fights using a different weapon. They don’t have attack patterns, however. This is to make the game more challenging.

3. User Interface- The user uses the keyboard to move their character. The arrow keys are to move their character in different directions. They use the key “z” to attack with their sword.

Objectives-

1. Story-The player is taken to three different eras and in-front of a famous or infamous historical person in each time-travel. The historical person goes crazy after seeing the player and attacks.

2. Characters- Your character, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, and Pol Pot.

3. Levels- There are no levels in particular. Each boss gets harder than the last, so that could be thought of as levels.

Obstacles-

1. Bosses- George Washington fights using an axe. He swings it around to attack. Christopher Columbus fights using a gun. He swings it around because he doesn’t have any ammo in it. Pol Pot fights by swinging a pot.

2. Puzzles/Riddles- There are none.

3. Leveling Up- There is no leveling up for the character.

Chrome-

1. Graphics/Art- All the graphics and art that I will use will be hand drawn by me except for the faces of the bosses and one of the backgrounds.

2. Sound/Music- There will be no sound or music.

3. Academic Content-The bosses that the characters will be fighting will teach the player about themselves during the fight. The academic content is history.

Kayla will make her game just on answering questions.

Lalls will make it so that you use arrow keys to move and attack. The weapon is a sword or musket depending on the battle.

Scott will make it so that you play an interactive game where you mostly make decisions.

Plan

Resources:

Action Plan:

Task

5/19

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

Create main character (Danny)

Create Kayla’s characters

Create Shahreen’s characters

Create Scott’s characters

Create Kayla’s background

Create Shahreen’s backgrounds

Create Scott’s backgrounds

Animate Kayla’s game

Animate Shahreen’s game

Animate Lalla’s game

Animate Scott’s game

Create introduction sequence

Create end credits

Import and link all games

Kayla

Lalla

Shahreen

Scott

Create

Developer Logs:

Shahreen: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00, BSGE. Today, I worked on my background. I finished it and was able to write a few codes for Danny(a sprite). I have Danny, George Washington, and Pol Pot finished. I only need to create my last sprite, Christopher Columbus, which I will do today at my house. There were no problems other than figuring out why my project would stop right after I clicked the green flag. This problem was solved when I put some blocks under a “forever” block. Overall, this was a very productive 30 minutes.

Shahreen: Developer’s Log #2, 1:30-7:00,  Shahreen’s house. Today, I finished up the rest of my project. I had one obstacle which was how to make a character’s health go down when they are attacked and your character’s health go down when they are attacked. After staring at blocks and trying things out for about 40 minutes, I finally figured it out. Other than that, everything went fairly well.

Shahreen: Developer’s Log #3, 1:20-1:55, BSGE, Technology class. Today, I created an ending sequence for my group project. There were no obstacles and it was very easy.

Group Logs:

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I worked on discussing what our projects were going to be. Also, we began starting out projects. We created a mental schedule of how much we are going to do every day and approximately when we will be finished.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00, 5/19/15 Tech Room;

Today, my group and I worked on planning on what would be included in our game. We also decided on which games would go and the basics as to who will complete one. We also brainstormed ideas on how we would connect my science-based game to the three other games based on history.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE

My group and I started to talk about what type of games we each would do, and how the will fit with each other. Shahreen, Scott, and I would make a game that deals with history/government, and Kayla is making a game that deals with science. We decided what the overall storyline would be (it would be about a kid named Danny who falls asleep in class, and each of our games is part of his dream.)

Scott: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech: Today, we worked on our overall plan and strategy. We planned out our timing, and were able to create a mental plan and structure. We also went over guidelines.

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I did a project plan that was a gantt plan. We made our final decisions on when we would do certain parts of our project and who would do other jobs like creating an ending sequence. We created something to refer to and to check to make sure that we are on time.  

Kayla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, Tech Room;

Today, my group and I completed a gantt table that allowed us to plan when specific parts of the project would be completed. With this chart, we were able to figure out that we should be completely done with our project by May 29. We made sure that we had at least two or three days before the project was actually due to fix any errors or catch up with our group if any technical difficulties occur that set our schedule back slightly.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE

My group and I decided the plan and schedule for making the project by using a gantt chart. We all agreed that all of our project’s would be linked nad done by friday the 29 and then we would use the weekend to make any small changes. We also decided that jobs that each of us will have to do. Such as, Shahreen will make the end credits, and the I would draw Danny.

Scott, 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech: Today in Tech, we created a Gantt chart. This will allow for us to stay on schedule and follow our promises. It will also allow for planning and organization when it comes to linking.

Shahreen: 1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, some of my group members worked on their projects. I worked on my group developer logs and helping Kayla connects her games. I also have helped her solve the problem on her laptop. It wouldn’t work unless you double-clicked on something instead of single-clicking it. The solution was opening FireFox, then closing it.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00 pm, 5/28/15

Today, Shahreen and Lalla worked with me to link my project to Shahreen’s. Lalla helped us when we had difficulty determining how my portion of the project’s game would be won.  Shahreen helped me by figuring out how to make my project flow to hers. Once I had done this, Shahreen and Lalla helped me figure out how to fix the difficulty I encountered with my personal project. This problem was that everytime specific sprites touched a sprite, the player was supposed to either win or lose, but instead, nothing would happen.

Lalla:1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE:

Today Kayla, Shahreen connected their games to the overall game and me and Scott worked on our project. Kayla also modified her project as there were glitches on it, and I also helped her with the glitches. We discussed as a group how we were going to link all of the projects and by when. We agreed to do it by saturday. We also changed the order in which the games were because Scott and I were not done with ours. So now the order for the game is, Kayla’s, Shahreen’s, Lalla’s, and then Scott’s. Also, Scott just really didn’t make any contributions. He just kept getting off task.

Scott: 1:45-2:00, BSGE, My computer experienced technical difficulties, and had a hard time loading scratch. I was able to review my scripts, and finish 2 or 3 scripts, but was not very productive. I hope to use time at home to make up for this.

Shahreen, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/14, BSGE. If we could improve our game we would shorten the introduction, shorten the start of Kayla’s game, make my game a bit less confusing, and make Scott’s game a lot more interesting.

My game needs to be a bit more easier for some people because they cannot play a game of minimum difficulty.

Scott’s game is just too easy and it needs to be less boring because most of it is just talking. The part of it that is a game is very, very boring and that needs to be heavily improved.

The introduction needs to be shorter because it was too long.

Kayla, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/15, BSGE;

If my group and I had the chance to improve our project, we would alter one specific aspect of each individual product. Firstly, we would shorten the length of the introduction sequence, as it is too long to hold the interests of the viewers. This also applies to the instructions at the beginning of my game. We agreed that the first level of Shahreen’s game was a little too difficult for viewers who have never played the game before. Lalla’s game, although pretty good, could be improved by having a greater variety of levels and difficulties to challenge the player more. Lastly, we agreed that Scott’s game was slightly confusing and did not have a clear objective to the game. We could also add more interactive devices because there was not enough for the player to interact with, causing the game to not hold people’s interests for very long.

Lalla: 6/3/15, 1:17-1:30pm, BSGE

If we could improve our game, we would shorten the introduction and Kayla’s beginning and also make Shahreen’s game less confusing and also make Scott’s game less boring and clearer to play. It didn’t really grab the player’s attention at times and the actual game was so short and confusing, it just lost the player’s interest. Shahreen’s game was wasn’t My game needs to be more challenging as the platform is the same for all levels and also make the bullet for attacking at the same place as the player instead of above its head. Also, Shahreen’s speed for the attackers needs to be slower as it is too challenging at times as well. The enemy would be so fast and random, that sometimes there wasn’t any time at all for the player to attack sometimes.

Scott: 1:20-1:35, 6/3/15. BSGE, Tech: I would work on improving my playability. I would focus on adding more “game” to even out with the instruction. This would cause more interest, and increase the replay amount. It would also keep the player happy and playing a game, instead of sitting there and learning.

I would also like to replay the game, and find any bugs and glitches. Since it was rather long, I was not able to see it that much, and replaying it would help put me at ease. It would also let me fine-comb the details and sort out any difficulties.

Our group would individually work on our projects. We would mostly focus on our instructions and playability, to make it more fun.

Everyone had their own developer logs and recorded each step of their project.

Evaluate:

Reflections:

Shahreen’s Reflection:

In my individual project, I followed through my schedule perfectly. When making the outline of my game, I wrote up a lot of things I wanted to make in my game, but didn’t know how to accomplish at the time.  Therefore, it took me a lot of time when I was actually creating the game. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do something and stared at blocks endlessly. Lalla told me how to make a “lives thing.” I turned it into my own variables and make “Attacks” and “Attacked” as my two variables in my game. I liked how my group and I worked together. We got everything we needed to and we had discussions, too. It helped a lot that the only times we had discussions were when we actually had something to say instead discussing something just for the sake of having a discussion. We all helped each each other out and that was the most successful thing about my group and I.

Everyone made their own reflections.

Use arrow keys to move and click "z" to attack. You cannot move and attack at the same time.

Quadrate remix

by: 20amannar

20amannar is going to create the final level with the final boss level. My main project will be about the Revolutionary war and a George washington adventure. There will be a setting with george washington and a little part of the war and claiming a fort. The last (big) boss will be inside the fort and it will be the british general.

Name

Subject

20amannar

Humanities, Last Level (Boss Fight)

20Sarkera

Physics, Level 2

20Bisht

Math, Level One and Start Page

20Sparakis

chemistry Level 3

Songlist

• Hall of Fame - The Script ft. will.i.am

• Cheerleader - OMI

• You Know You Like It - DJ Snake

• Fun - Pitbull

• Runaway - Galantis

• Overload - Dillon Francis

• Ready Set Go - Royal Tailor

• See you again - Wiz Khalifa

• Ready Aim Fire - Imagine Dragon

Resources

Tools: Computer, Scratch, Search Engines (Google), Creative Commons

Materials: Pictures, sound/music, blocks/scripts, information, spirtes, backdrops, Entire projects if remixed

Location: School, Home, Google hangouts, Google Docs and Google Docs Chat

Time: 12 days

Money: $0

Labor: 20Amannar, 20Bishta, 20Sparakish, 20Sarkera

Task

5/

21

5/

22

5/

23

5/

24

5/

25

5/

26

5/

27

5/

28

5/29

5/

30

5/

31

6/

1

Unavailable

Create member Characters

Create memberCharacters

Create member’s Characters

Create my’s Characters

Create Common Sprites

Animate Level

Animate Level

Animate ]Level

Animate myLevel

Combine Individual Projects

Animate Introduction

Animate Transitions

Animate Success  Ending

Animate Failure Ending

Animate Credits

DL ME 5/22 9:45-10:10

During this period of working I has decided what my  game's goal was and what would happen in the game. I had also thought about character that I will use in the game

DL.  Me .5/25/15 5:00-5:30

I have started to make my sprites and my backdrops. I am browsing the creative commons and tried to find a good picture of George Washington. I need to need to gather the information that I need to include  in include my game

DL me5/26/15

(Time unsure but worked for an hour)

I am starting my animation.  I have begun with a sort of  a story to start the game off. I included a ghoul  and a cat and how the cat is teleported to the game from the story and that's when the game starts in a nice meadow which seems to be amazing but has British soldiers hiding inside. The game will explain the instructions and then the game will start. (Have not programmed the instructions yet)

DL me5/27/15 morning during technology

During my period of work I had realized that all of my work had gotten deleted and I was only left with my backdrops and characters.  I had decided to remix another project instead of continuing my original one. I took the that remixed for homework and decided to continue.

me5/28/15

I have made a new plan for new game and decided what to do. I have made an extra backdrops that will appear before the game starts. This will be like my story but giving information to the player so that he can learn and play. I have made it so that the player cannot play without reading the information.

meSame time as memberabove.

I have followed my plan on top and finished the backdrops and gather the information from my textbook and notes. I had also programmed this backdrops into the game and made come before the other backdrops.

Member

My job is to snip the picture and then copy it to the scratch project so my group members can do the rest of the work and i can relax peacefully.

Member

I will work with Me to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Me

I will work with Member to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

MY project

incomplete group project

The Adventures of Danny

by: 20adouiml
The Adventures of Danny

Investigation

Shahreen: I will do a game where historical figures will be the bosses and the player must attack them.

Kayla: I will do a game that asks questions in the form of a race.

Scott: I will do a game about how a bill is passed.

Lalla: I will do a game that is a platformer or a simulation, and will be about battles and important events in the Revolutionary War. The objective will be to win each battle and answer question correctly until you defeat the British. The game will be in third person point of view, obstacles will be the British soldiers and King George II. The game’s chrome will be the characters and battles the player goes through.

Design 

Group:The player will start out in a day at school and fall asleep and then enter the games.

Shahreen: Game Mechanics- Must defeat all bosses, uses a sword. Press “z” to attack.

Objectives- Player goes through 3 different eras and the enemy goes crazy after seeing the player.

Obstacles-There is no leveling up, each boss has a different weapon.

Chrome- The characters will be hand drawn and the bosses will teach the character about themselves.

Kayla: Game Mechanics- There will be true or false questions and the player has to type in the answer.

Objectives- You must beat the other sprite in order to go on to other adventures.

Obstacles- The other sprite will move forward when you answer a question incorrectly.

Chrome-There will be 10-15 questions and no music.

Scott: Game Mechanics-Multiple choice will have to be completed and follow the Constitution.

Objectives- Player is a congressman trying to get a bill passed.

Obstacles-No bosses and no leveling up.

Chrome-Backgrounds will be historic and all learning will be in the game.

Lalla:

Game Mechanics:

Rules- The player must be able to defeat the British soldiers with a sword or a musket (depends on type of battle). Throughout the game the player must answer questions correctly based on history at the beginning of each battle.    

1. Game play- Third person point of view will be used, the player will have a view of the battle and the enemy before it starts. There would be a few seconds to figure out a strategy and answer a question before the battle starts. The soldiers will have 5 lives each, and the player will have 3 lives. To replenish health the player must defeat a certain amount of soldiers in order to gain supplies such as cloths and food. When all 3 lives are gone, then the player must restart the battle, or if they answer the question incorrectly, they lose a life.  

2. User interface- The player will use the right and the left keys to move, the spacebar to attack, the up and down keys to jump and duck. They will also use the “s” key to see their supplies.

Objectives:

1. Story- The story will follow the one of the whole group’s, and the player will now be in the part of his dream in which he is now part of the Revolutionary war.

2. Characters- The player will play a common soldier or farmer (depending on the battle) in the American side of the Revolutionary War. (I will modify the picture and possibly a few others so it is only one soldier.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Armyof the Continental Army.

c.  Levels- Each battle will be one level, there will be three levels or battles. The first one will be the one of Lexington and Concord, then the battle of Saratoga, and finally the battle of Yorktown.

Obstacles:  

1. Bosses- The boss will be general George Cornwallis, and he will appear in the final level, other enemies will include any British soldiers and generals present at these battles.  

2. Puzzles/riddles- On what day did the Battle of Lexington occur? Who was the general of the Continental Army? Where is Yorktown? What was the British looking for in Lexington and Concord? After the battle of Saratoga, which country got involved in the war?  

3. Leveling up- In order to level up, you must have defeated at least ¾ of the British army in each battle. For battle one you must defeat 7 soldiers, in battle two you must defeat 15 soldiers, and in battle three you must defeat 30 soldiers. Also, all questions for each battle/level must be answered correctly.

Chrome:伊爾繪畫英軍進入康科德,並搜索File:Riflemen at Saratoga.jpgOther resolutions: 255 × 240  

1. Graphics/art- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Riflemen_at_Saratoga.jpg http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Plan_of_the_Battle_of_Yorktown_1875.png

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%88%97%E5%85%8B%E6%98%9F%E6%95%A6%E5%92%8C%E5%BA%B7%E7%A7%91%E5%BE%B7%E6%88%98%E5%BD%B9

b. Sound/music- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_BMzqwSdW8 (Yankee Doodle Dandy)

c. Academic content- Besides teaching you about battles, there would also be a little card that pops up and describes what happened, and why. Also, there would be some scattered fun facts about generals and historical conventions.

Plan

Resources:

•  Materials  

• Tools  

• Computer/Laptop  

• Web browser- Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer  

• Scratch.mit.edu  

• Search engine (Google)

• Labor 

• Kayla 

• Lalla  

• Scott 

• Shahreen

• Location 

• Group  members’ own homes 

• Technology classroom 

• The library

• Time: Around 50 hours  

• Money: Nothing ($0.00)

Action Plan:

Task

5/19

5/20

5

/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

Create main character (Danny)

Create Kayla’s characters

Create Shahreen’s characters

Create Scott’s characters

Create Kayla’s background

Create Shahreen’s backgrounds

Create Scott’s backgrounds

Animate Kayla’s game

Animate Shahreen’s game

Animate Lalla’s game

Animate Scott’s game

Create introduction sequence

Create end credits

Import and link all games

Kayla

Lalla

Shahreen

Scott

Create

Developer Logs:

Lalla:

Developer’s Log #1,5/20/15 3:30-4:00 pm. my house

Today I made the main character Danny. At first I was going to use sketchpad.io to draw him, but then I found this website that was really helpful in creating pixeart. It allowed me to draw each pixel one by one. Although it was time consuming, it was much easier to draw. The website was called makepixelart.com

Developer's Log #2,5/21/15 1:30-2:00 pm, BSGE

Today, I tried to start making my soldiers for each battles. I was going to draw one, and then just copy that since I was going to make all of the soldiers look exactly the same. I started to have trouble drawing it because I wasn’t able to picture what the soldier would look like and how I would draw it. To fix this problem, I would just copy Danny, and then change a few characteristics of him to make it a British soldier.

Developer’s Log #3: 5/21/15, 5:30-6:00 pm, My house

Since I had some free time, I decided to make my British soldiers. I did this using an app that I had downloaded called pixel touch. This was similar to makepixelart.com, but much more efficient. I had decided against editing the soldiers from a picture I found because, I wanted to be able to be more creative with it, and also, instead of having the a whole army on the american side, I wanted it just to be only Danny as it would make the coding easier.

Developer’s Log #4: 5/23/15, 2:00pm-4:00pm, My house

Today I started my project, and was able to start working on level one. I’m going to use the same platform for each level because it would save me time and also I don’t want to have to program a whole different platform each time I make a level. There weren’t any problems today, all I did was make the first flash cards, the first few sprites and the platforms for the first level.

Developer’s Log #5: 5/24/15, 1:00pm-4:00pm, My house

I started the coding in order to make Danny move and didn’t have any time to do anything else for the project. Although I dreamed a little bit about the coding, dreaming it and doing it are two different things. Getting Danny to move and change costume was a bit easy, but the hardest part is getting the platform to be “solid”. No matter what, Danny would just pass through the platform like a ghost. To solve this problem, I think I am going to look at other platformer scripts and try to mimic how they made their platform solid.

Developer’s Log #6: 5/25/15, 11:00am-1:00pm, My house

I am still at the same level and problem I was at yesterday. Some scripts of Danny’s got deleted, so now he won’t even attack. The only progress I made was being able to semi make the platform, and I did that by mimicking a script from the game “quadrate”. At this point, I think I may remix the game “quadrate”. I may need an extra day or two in order to finish the project. I decided to not include any music in my game because it was getting a bit annoying when I was testing it, also I changed some of the questions I was using because, I decided to make some of them true or false in order to avoid any spelling mistakes also I tried to make some of them harder. I didn’t use the general question, the where is yorktown question, and the thing that the british were looking for question.

Developer’s Log #7: 1:20-2:00pm,5/26/15 BSGE

Today I was able to fix my problem of making the platform solid. I did this by copying a script from the game quadrate. Now everything for Danny and the platform is working, all I have to do is make the platform part of a background, then I can work on the British soldier scripts. I think I will be able to finish by Thursday and then I could link my game to the other games from my group. So far, there are no other problems.

Developer’s Log #8: 3:30- 8:00pm, 5/27/15, My house

Today, the scripts to make Danny move isn’t working and so I had to copy another script from the game, Multiplayer game, server #1. After that, I was able to finish all of the scripts for Danny and start working on the British soldiers. This caused another problem, as at first I tried to clone them, but that didn’t work, then I tried to use scripts from other games with enemies, but that also failed. After an hour of this, I game across the game How to Make Enemies move on a Scrolling Game, and from this I was able to figure out a simple solution to the problem. I used the glide button, and I duplicated the soldier. Due to this, I reduced the number of soldiers in the game, the game will start out with 5 soldiers, and then keep increasing by 5 at each level. Due to the fact that there were some glitches, I also changed how you win the game. Now, you must kill all soldiers present at each level, and then reach a portal to advance. This made a lot of the programing easier and also I was able to use the idea of “bullets” to kill the soldiers. I got the bullets from the game quadrate. I am very close to finishing the game, all I have to do is program the rest of the sprites.

Developer’s Log #9: 11am- 2:00pm, 5/30/15, my houseI was able to finish the project today and make sure that everything was in place. I was also able to link my project to my group’s. In finishing my project I completed all of the programing for the soldiers and then make sure that it worked properly. There were glitches at times, but other than that, everything else was completely fine.

Kayla: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00- I was able to start on my backgrounds and blocks today. 

Developer’s Log #2, 5:00 pm- 7:30 pm, Kayla’s Home: I finished the intro sequence and had some trouble in broadcasting, which I finished. Developer’s Log #3, 1:30 pm-2:00 pm, Technology Class: I was able to get a lot done and I think I will finish on Thursday or Wednesday. 

Developer’s Log #4, 7:00 pm- 10:00 pm, Kayla’s Home: Today I finished my project.

Shahreen: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00- I worked on my backgrounds and was able to finish some blocks.

Developer’s Log #2, 1:30-7:00,  Shahreen’s house- I finished my project and had some problems with the player’s attacks, which I fixed.

Developer’s Log #3, 1:20-1:55, BSGE, Technology class.I created the end sequence.

Scott: Developer Log Numero Uno: 1:30-2:00- I adapted Danny into a congressman.

Developer Log #2: 5:00-7:30, Home: I finished multiple scripts and worked for 2.5 hours.

Developers Log #3, 1:20-1:55- I added backgrounds and created 2 scripts.

Developer Log # 4, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 5/31/15, Home-I linked my game to my group’s

Group Logs:

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group discussed what we were going to do.

My group and I talked about what we wanted to include in our game.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE

Scott: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech: We worked on our overall plan and strategy.

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I did a project plan that was a gantt plan.

Kayla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, Tech Room;

Today, my group and I completed a gantt table that allowed us to plan when specific parts of the project would be completed. We were able to figure out any difficulties.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE

Scott, 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech: Today in Tech, we created a Gantt chart.

Shahreen: 1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, some of my group members worked on their projects. I worked on my group developer logs and helping Kayla connects her games.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00 pm, 5/28/15

Today, Shahreen and Lalla worked with me to link my project to Shahreen’s.

Lalla:1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE:

Scott: 1:45-2:00, BSGE, My computer experienced technical difficulties, and had a hard time loading scratch.

Developer’s  Log Plan For Improvement

Kayla, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/15, BSGE;

If my group and I had the chance to improve our project, we would shorten the length of the introduction sequence,the first level of Shahreen’s game was a little too difficult. Lalla’s game could be improved by having a greater variety of levels and difficulties. Scott’s game was slightly confusing and did not have a clear objective to the game.

Lalla: 6/3/15, 1:17-1:30pm, BSGE

Scott: 1:20-1:35, 6/3/15. BSGE, Tech: I would work on improving my playability. I would focus on adding more “game” to even out with the instruction.

For Further Information on group members: Kayla- 20powersk, Shahreen-20haques, Scott- 20sigels *This is their Youthvoices account username*

Group project:

My Project: