All news in Gaming and New Media

Tech 7 Unit 4: Maze Level One

by: 20bishta
Maze Level One

Investigate

We are going to create a platformer game in which there will be multiple questions asked at the end of each level. There will be 4 different levels. Abhay will do level one which will be a maze, and the subject is math. Amit will do level two which will be an adventure course with a boss at the end, and the subject is going to be physics. Harikleia will do level three which will be an obstacle course with a smaller battle at the end, but not with a crazy hard boss, and the subject is going to be science. Raunak will do level four which will be a boss battle, and the subject is humanities.

Abhay is going complete level 1. I am going to create a game in which there will be a complicated maze that will ask a question once the end has reached. The question will be math related and will ask things such as equations and riddles. To make the level harder, I will make it so that the maze will reset if you touch the wall at any time. If possible, have a small fight with a minor boss at the end of the maze.

20amannar is going to create the final level with the final boss level. My main project will be about the Revolutionary war and  a George washington adventure. There will be a setting with george washington and a little part of the war and claiming a fort. The last (big) boss will be inside the fort and it will be the british general.

Amit is going to create level 2, which is about Physics. This level will mainly cover about Forces and Motion. Since what was was learned in science was very brief on forces and motion, the level won’t have many critical thinking questions, and mainly the answers are supposed to be straightforward. At the end of the level, what would happen is that the character would need to go to a boss and try to defeat him. I’m thinking that this too should be up to physics problems, and gradually as the player answers these problems correctly, the boss tends to get weaker. However, if the player fails to answer the questions correctly, what would happen is that the player will get weaker, and eventually die if he answers a certain amount of questions incorrectly.

Harikleia is going to create the third level. This section will be centered around science. Main topics: Chemistry. Talks about stuff like the atoms, etc… There will be riddles here too, but science and logic related ones, not math. The boss at the end of this level will be (some scientist--not sure which one yet).

Chrome: Background is varying according to each subject. For math, there will be a background of various math related things. It

Songlist

Hall of Fame - The Script ft. will.i.am

Cheerleader - OMI

You Know You Like It - DJ Snake

Fun - Pitbull

Runaway - Galantis

Overload - Dillon Francis

Ready Set Go - Royal Tailor

See you again - Wiz Khalifa

Ready Aim Fire - Imagine Dragon

Name

Subject

20amannar

Humanities, Last Level (Boss Fight)

20Sarkera

Physics, Level 2

20Bisht

Math, Level One and Start Page

20Sparakish

chemistry Level 3

Resources

Tools: Computer, Scratch, Search Engines (Google), Creative Commons

Materials: Pictures, sound/music, blocks/scripts, information, spirtes, backdrops, Entire projects if remixed

Location: School, Home, Google hangouts, Google Docs and Google Docs Chat

Time: 12 days

Money: $0

Labor: 20Amannar, 20Bishta, 20Sparakish, 20Sarkera

Raunak Amanna-

DL Raunak Amanna 5/22 9:45-10:10

During this period of working I has decided what my  game's goal was and what would happen in the game. I had also thought about character that I will use in the game

DL Harikleia 5/22 9:45-10:10

This session, my group members and I worked individually. I was browsing the already existing scratch games to see how the scripts would lay out, as well as looking through a tutorial for typewriter text, in order to make the introduction a little fancier.

DL Amit 5/22/15 9:45-10:10

In this session, my group members and I mainly worked individually and the work I did was to start the basis of creating my characters. The process seemed tedious at first, because the amount of games I had to look over was a lot, about 30-40 games. However, I only made one selection, and it was a simple and fair platformer game. I thought that the game was easy to remix because the coding that was used was really simple, however I could accomplish a lot of script by using that game. The game also seemed fun. The few glitches in the game didn’t even seem like glitches, instead they actually were fun trying to get by at.

DL Amit 5/25/15 7:00-7:30

I’m actually starting to animate our characters by now, and it seems that I am on task towards what I am doing. The animations seem fine, and in fact, the only thing I’m planning on doing is to just make my sprite talk and start the time.

DL.  Raunak .5/25/15 5:00-5:30

I have started to make my sprites and my backdrops. I am browsing the creative commons and tried to find a good picture of George Washington. I need to need to gather the information that I need to include  in include my game

DL Amit 5/26/15 6:00-6:40

I think here is where I got the main jist of the project done. What’s mainly happening here is that I’m just trying to make the animation work towards the end. I don’t want to make an ending to the level because that will cause the game to end, so ideally what was supposed to happen is that when the sprite hits the door, the door would start to congratulate the ball if the ball reached the door in a certain amount of time, however in my project, the door won’t have any effect, and in some cases, the door would only work to judge whether the ball reached it at it’s time limit or not.

DL Amit 5/27/15 7:00-8:00

Here is the finishing of my project. I think that three days was a bit more than enough time I was given to work on my project, however I still managed. I just finished the last parts of my project, and now what will happen is that I will ask Abhay to combine. But I just revised my project to make sure everything was in shape and there were no mistakes in my part of the game. Now it’s just up to me to animate our final credits.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64670402/

DL Raunak Amanna 5/26/15

(Time unsure but worked for an hour)

I am starting my animation.  I have begun with a sort of  a story to start the game off. I included a ghoul  and a cat and how the cat is teleported to the game from the story and that's when the game starts in a nice meadow which seems to be amazing but has British soldiers hiding inside. The game will explain the instructions and then the game will start. (Have not programmed the instructions yet)

DL Raunak 5/27/15 morning during technology

During my period of work I had realized that all of my work had gotten deleted and I was only left with my backdrops and characters.  I had decided to remix another project instead of continuing my original one. I took the that remixed for homework and decided to continue.

DL Harikleia 5/28/15 (Not sure what time, but I was working for about an hour and a half.)

I managed to get all of the typewriter tutorial in, but whenever I try the scripts, it never works. I also remixed an obstacle course to make it slightly more simplistic, and all I need to do is to add the academic content where appropriate and add the background story.

Raunak 5/28/15

I have made a new plan for new game and decided what to do. I have made an extra backdrops that will appear before the game starts. This will be like my story but giving information to the player so that he can learn and play. I have made it so that the player cannot play without reading the information.

DL Abhay 5/29/15 9:45 - 10:15

I felt that I completed a lot of work and I am on schedule. The only thing I need to work on is put the picture and the “if, then” statement. That is all. I am doing pretty good overall, and I will finish on time.

DL Abhay 5/30/15 Home 2pm-ish

I have completed my project fully and I am now waiting for the other group members to finish their projects. Overall we will do good and the project will be completed on time. I’m not sure about Amit since we have not been able to contact him much except for when we were in school.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63186570/

Raunak Same time as Abhay above.

I have followed my plan on top and finished the backdrops and gather the information from my textbook and notes. I had also programmed this backdrops into the game and made come before the other backdrops.

DL Harikleia 5/29/15 9:45-10:15

Today, I started programming the scripts for the new sprite I created, which was to show the background story. I created the two costumes and I started the scripts.  Another attempt at the typewriter text also failed.

DL Harikleia 5/30/15 (Time Unknown)

There were no difficulties in completing the project. Simple enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64664284/

DL Harikleia 6/1/15 (Time Unknown)

There were too many issues integrating the three levels (one appears to be incomplete, since it was not published). Each attempt came out unsuccessful, and thus, the final part could not be completed properly. The task will now be attempted by Amit.

Harikleia is going to combine according to the Gantt chart.

Amit

My job is to snip the picture and then copy it to the scratch project so my group members can do the rest of the work and i can relax peacefully.

Harikleia

Abhay

I will work with Raunak to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Raunak

I will work with Abhay to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Evaluate

Final product was combined by Harikleia at about 10:30 pm. It came out messed up, though.Abhay And Amit had tried to fix it and Raunak had also, looked in to it

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65195988/

Super Mario: Learning Eddition

by: 20leea
By: Rauk
By: 20leea

Group Project: Platform Game

Objective: To answer the questions and save MATHLANDIA

Chrome: Beautiful characters, funny stuff Fun backgrounds, different character skins and cool power ups

Obstacles: Have to get past Kang John Yun and his evil math drones

Game: (Backstory: Kang John Yun has figured out how to take over Mathlandia by using evil drones that spit out math equations)

Alex:
Game: Depending on what the game is, I’ll probably either have a game where a character is running and you have to solve a math problem in order to advance. Either that or I will do something like Mario games (platform) so the character will jump and then you have to solve an equation.

Obstacles: You have to solve difficult trivia questions in order to advance on in the level because if you don’t then you hit an object in front of you. (Like car simulators where you have to learn to type in order to not hit the car in front of them). (MOstly Math related)

Objective: You have to advance in the level, and if you answer enough amount of questions then you go onto the next level, which the other people will design.

Chrome: Good backgrounds, difficult questions, funny characters and also interesting cars/whatever vehicle is needed.

Ula:

Game: Your goal will be to run the farthest but you also must answer question to advance. But the level of these questions will be a little harder. There will also be a little lesson before.

Obstacles: The questions, the logs, and other things in the way of your character.

Objective: You want to get the highest or a certain score which will allow you to get something special or maybe even an award.

Chrome: There will be un characters, critical thinking questions, as well as a good interactive background.

Khalid:

Game: I would like to make a game that closely resembles what I have made for my Unit  4 Day 2 assignment. There will be increasingly more and more sprites  to confuse the player of the game. Every 30 seconds, there will be a question and another sprite appears after the question is answered correctly. The timer severs a point scale, with the longest survival but shortest answer time is the best.

Obstacles:There will be a red line as pong usually has. Once the ball hits this line, the game will end.

Objective: I would propose a system where the length of time you survive playing the game is used to find the score. The player must survive for the longest time. The longer the player can survive the pong section, the higher their score.  The longer the player takes to answer a question, the opposite action will be taken, and the time will be subtracted from the pong survival time.

Chrome: There will be colorful paddles, and a wide range of questions, to increase proficiency in the subject. The questions will also be presented in a fun way, to apple to the player and to ensure that they enjoy both the learning and the playing of the game.

Rahil:

Game: The game is a platformer. You have to jump from platform to platform to get to the end of the level. Once you have reached the end of the level, you are presented with a question. You must answer the question in order to progress to the next level. You will have three chances in total to answer the question. If you fail to answer the question in all your three chances, then you will have to start the game all over again. There shall be 11 levels in total, and at the end of the 11th level, you will have to fight a historical figure of your choosing. They will ask you multiple questions. If all are answered correctly, the boss will die, and you shall win the game. If you fail to answer correctly, you will have to restart the entire game.

Obstacles:The main obstacles are going to be the questions. Along side that, however, there will be things on the platforms that will cause you to fail. For example, when a platform is red and you touch it, you have to restart the level. Otherwise, it is ok.

Objective: You would have to reach the end of each level to progress onto the next. Once you pass the final level, you win the game.

Chrome:The platforms that will change colors isn’t too important/ However, there shall be a large range of questions that cover most things in the subject. Also, the questions will seem fun so the player will be engaged in the game.

Design

Rules: You must defeat all four levels and NO CHEATING, so no re programming the game

Game Play: Jump, Run, Walk, Shoot (Power UPs)

User Interface: Third person view

Story: Our character will be pets. There backstory is they are living happily in Math Landia and one day, an evil character Kang John Yun has decided to take over by forming evil math drones. The only people to stop him are these food themed pets.

Characters:  

unnamed.jpg

Levels:

Bosses: We will have a weird version of a communist leader. He is very good at math so we must be aware of him.

Puzzles/riddles/questions/ Traps: Evil Drones, flying multiplication signs etc.

Leveling Up: When you level up you change characters into a better one. But the difficulty of the game and the questions also increase.

Art/Graphics: We will have a background similar to flappy bird or mario, so it will look a tiny bit retro.

Sound/Music: we will use a song that we will find from creative commons and it will be similar to the music in Mario. It will be of that type of sound.

Academic Content: Starts from easy math questions and then turns harder and harder as you go along the levels.   

Level 1: VERY simple equations, usually with multiplying fractions or just adding and subtracting decimals. Easiest level in the game with the easiest boss. BUT there is a time limit of 5 minutes. If you do not reach the end of the level and beat the boss in time, you automatically die.  

Characters: The Strawberry Dog and the Krispy Kreme Dog

Boss: A word problem with a harder answer than any of the other problems so far.

Game Play: Very simple, less drones and easier math equations, very few power ups

Obstacles: Evil drones, and a very weak boss battle at the end.

Objectives: Get past the level  in 5 minutes (The BOSS battle IS included in this time)

Chrome: You can pick your own character, cool backgrounds, 5 minute time limit.

Level 2: Here what we will focus on area of circles and also their circumference. There will only be one word problem. The game will be almost the same as the first one only the background will be different.

Characters: The Pretzel Dog and the Donut Dog

Boss: A difficult word problem about circles that will be tricker than it seems, 3 Evil Drones

Game Play: A little harder, not too hard though, more drones than before and harder questions

Obstacles: Evil drones, flying order of operation signs you must dodge, boss battle

Objectives: Get past level and find power ups

Chrome: You again can pick your own character, and these characters get more power ups, but same chrome as level 1. 6 Minute Time Limit (The BOSS battle IS included in this time)

Level 3: This will be harder critical thinking questions that require not only common sense, but math abilities as well. It will look very simple on the outside, but require some thinking.

Characters: The Green Leaf Dog and the Red Leaf Dog

Boss: Two word Problem and 5 evil math drones (you must solve their problems in under 2 minutes or they will kill you)

Game Play: Harder than Level 1 and 2, bearable compared to Level 4. More drones, harder questions (There harder but there are less)

Obstacles: Evil Drones, Order of operations, word problems.

Objectives: Get power ups and get past the level in 7 minutes (the Boss battle is not included in this time)

Chrome: Even more powerful animals, more power ups, they run faster, same chrome as other levels

Level 4:

Characters: The Yellow Leaf Dog (Second in the first row), The Yellow Cake Dog (Last in the Second Row), The Green Cream puff Dog (The third one in the third row), The Orange Dog (The Second one in the fourth row) and the Blueberry Cat (the last one in the last row)

Boss: Kang John Yun, Evil Drones

Gameplay:  This is the hardest level, it reviews all the ideas from the other levels. This has the most drones

Obstacles: Evil Drones, word problems, Kang John Yun

Objectives: Get the answers correct and beat the boss

Chrome: Kang John Yun will be presented in a funny way, and upgrades to the characters’ potentials are available, as in all the other levels. There is NO TIME LIMIT FOR THIS LEVEL.

NOTE: THE REASON WHY THERE IS MULTIPLE CHARACTERS IN THE LAST LEVEL IS BECAUSE IF YOU DIE (AND YOU WILL) THEN YOU CAN SWITCH OUT YOUR DEAD CHARACTER FOR THE OTHER ONES THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE

Plan

Resources: Scratch, Creative Commons, Firefox, Chrome, Computer, etc

Labor: Work at home mostly, sometimes in class. Google Hangouts

Tools:Computer, scratch, search engine, creative commons

Materials: Pictures, music, blocks/scripts, information from what we learned this year so it is in our notebooks, 11 dogs/cats from the pets above,  like Mario backdrops

Location: School, homes, Google Hangouts

Time: 4-6 hours each

Money: Zero Dollars

Rahil

Alex

Khalid

Ula

Date

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Not Available

Alex

Not

Available

Ula

Not

Available

Rahil

Not

Available

Khalid

Upload all the main characters

Upload backgrounds

Upload the bosses

Create level 1

Create level 2

Create level 3

Create level 4

Add all projects together

Add transitions

Upload project on  to Scratch

Create

Developer’s Logs

Group Session 1: 5.22.15: 30 minutes

Alex:

Some people did not WORK and I find that really dissapointing. I wish that everyone was on track. Certain individuals were goofing off and playing games, when they should have been actually working.  

Khalid:

During this session, not much was accomplished. We did not have a lot of communication, and so some members went off to their own while the others tried to look at one project together. Some group members did not comprehend how the work should be done.

Ula:

During these 30  minutes we basically did nothing. We need to step up the plate and start working  harder. Our difficulties include but are not limited to: no consensus, people goofing off,  someone yelling at everyone even if that wouldn’t help, also there was one control freak so it was hard to work. Some solutions are just everyone trying to work harder and more separately.

Rahil:

Sadly, we weren’t able to accomplish much during this group meeting. All of us were looking for various platformer games that we could remix to help our personal Individual Projects and our group project in general. So I believe that we need to be more productive next time we meet.

Alex: 5.27.15

Today we didn't get really any work done because the wifi in class was really slow and not that efficient. Our group is really behind but luckily we figured out what game we want to remix so we made some progress

Khalid 5/27/15

During this session, the internet connection was not in our favor, as it did not work well. We had found a game to remix, and finalized it. We also looked at what we should do when we get a better internet connection.

Ula: 5.27.15

Today we didn't do anything. The wifi was terrible and super slow. But we finally found out what game we are going to do. So now we are finally more on track and also being on task. We could not overcome  our problem of wifi.

Image result for flower field

Ula

May 29

We made progress! We finally we chose the correct game and we started remixing it. We didn’t have to change any of our plans but we had to use mario instead of the pets. Also our plans will become much fuller this weekend. We must finish it so there will much more work done. We also changed the name of what we are doing. We must fix our boss as well.

Alex

May 29th

We actually made progress today! We finalized our game and we have started changing certain things about it like the color of the block etc. Rahil wasn’t here today, so hopefully he can do some work. We changed our game and decided to use mario and not the dogs because with the dogs its too complicated. Also, we are not only doing math and the land of the game is not called “Math Lanida” We decided to call it, “Super Mario: Learning Addition!!! YAY we finished!

Khalid

May 29th

We decided which game to remix, and so we are on track to finishing the project.

Evaluate

Ulas Individual Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64742610/

Reflection:

In my individual product everything looked pretty nice so that is definitely a strength. Also my project worked so that is good. My individual product could have been better if my group members started the necessary parts a little bit earlier. This would give me more time. I helped people with their individual products also choosing the game as well as doing part of the combining of the group product. I could improve my group work by letting other members contribute their own ideas more instead of trying to be in charge of everything. I also could improve my group work by not procrastinating just because everyone else did. Khalid made a lot of the base for our game including our scripts. He also made some characters. Alex helped make people do their work. She also helped design our project. Rahil didn’t really do much but make his personal project. Khalid could have followed the schedule more and done what he needed to do earlier. This would have allowed us to move faster. Alex could have also done what she needed to do before. This just would help everyone. Rahil could have started work earlier and done more than he did.

Rahil Ahmed

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65189068/

Khalid El-Halabi

I finished the project

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64986960/

Alex’s Individual Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65207054/

Reflection:

I thought that overall our project went ok but I wish that we had more time so that we could collaborate and listen to one another more. Also scratch was really buggy the past few days so we couldn’t really do anything. I personally do not like group projects, but this one was ok.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65204238/

Plan for Improvement

Ula Pranevicius

What we need to fix is everything. Our group project is terrible. We need to fix the columns so that you could see the whole text box so that you could see what you are writing. We also need to fix our group project it doesn’t flow and therefore nothing works.

Rahil Ahmed

What we need to do is to remove the two white columns for each game that there is for the group project. Then, we need to work on fixing the transition between the projects so that they don’t all play at once and mess up the whole game.

Khalid El-Halabi

We must remove the white columns from the projects. I must change my project so that it has no multiple choice, as the system I have is ineffective. A type-in answer system would greatly improve the user's experience. They would be able to answer at anytime.

Alex Lee

What we need to work on is the project because there is a lot of glitches in our whole entire project because we need to communicate better on how to do everything and we also have some problems with collaborating together.

Super Mario: Learning Eddition

by: 20leea
By: Rauk
By: 20leea

Group Project: Platform Game

Alex:

Ula:

Khalid:

Rahil:

Design

User Interface: Third person view

Characters:  

unnamed.jpg

Levels:

Level 4:

Boss: Kang John Yun, Evil Drones

Plan

Time: 4-6 hours each

Money: Zero Dollars

Rahil

Alex

Khalid

Ula

Date

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Not Available

Alex

Not

Available

Ula

Not

Available

Rahil

Not

Available

Khalid

Upload all the main characters

Upload backgrounds

Upload the bosses

Create level 1

Create level 2

Create level 3

Create level 4

Add all projects together

Add transitions

Upload project on  to Scratch

Create

Developer’s Logs

Group Session 1: 5.22.15: 30 minutes

Alex:

Khalid:

Ula:

Rahil:

Alex: 5.27.15

Khalid 5/27/15

Ula: 5.27.15

Image result for flower fieldMy background from pixabay.com called folwer field.

Khalid El-Halabi

May 28,2015

10:00-10:15

I had made the basis of what I think the level that I am working on should look like. I had needed to integrate the questions into the game in during this session. I was not able to put the background above as I believe I need the actual file to produce the best results.

Ula

May 29

Alex

May 29th

Khalid

May 29th

Evaluate

Ulas Individual Project:

Rahil Ahmed

Khalid El-Halabi

Alex’s Individual Project:

Plan for Improvement

Ula Pranevicius

Rahil Ahmed

Khalid El-Halabi

Alex Lee

The Papi Banana Game

by: 20breent

Investigate

We will design a side scroller game in which the player moves around the main sprite with arrow keys in order to cause the sprite to collect lives, answer questions, and beat the bosses. We will teach 3 different subjects from what we learned in 7th grade.

Rachel will deal with the easy level, which is about math and solving for the variable of an equation.

Christie will deal with the medium level, which is about geography and the player needs to answer questions about geographical details.

Thomas will deal with the hardest and final level, which is about science, like chemistry.

Design

Game Mechanic: Side Scroller. Player uses arrow keys to move the sprite to collect lives. They answer questions using the “ask” block.

Object Obstacle: Boss sprites that are annoying and weird. Bosses ask really hard questions about a specific subject and if you answer them right, you get to hit the boss and make the boss lost health. If you fail to answer the question, then the boss attacks you and you lose a life. I think we should have multiple characters to chose from like they do in Mario Kart.

Chrome: Sprites- A main sprite like and 3 bosses that are really weird. (Pictures are in the Breakdown section)

Backdrops- beach, desert, road.We will use the ones given by the Scratch backdrops

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Thomas’ Characters

Create Christie’s Characters

Create Rachel’s Characters

Create Thomas’ Backgrounds

Create Rachel’s Backgrounds

Create Christie’s Backgrounds

Animate Thomas’ Level (including music)

Animate Christie’s Level (including music)

Animate Rachel’s Level (including music)

Create Thomas’ dialogue

Create Christie’s dialogue

Create Rachel’s dialogue

Create Intro

Create credit roll

Create title sequence

Music
(Rachel) EXO Call me Baby Instrumental/ Colbie Colliat Try Instrumental.

(Thomas) Onision I'm A Banana/ Dubstep Drop The Bass.

(Christie) Nigahiga & Josh Golden S.W.G Instrumental/ Sia Elastic Heart Instrumental.

Objective:

A sprite needs to escape places where it is. Whenever you ask a question wrong, you lose a life, but if you answer it correctly, you lose none. It is a good idea to have the most lives until you meet the boss. Mini games where the first game is easy, then gets harder and harder and the bosses gets more annoying and harder to achieve. In the regular mini game, you can move around to collect lives, but then you answer a question. Every interval of freedom between questions is important to use the arrow keys to find lives. The instructions to beat the boss is in the Object Obstacle section. Defeating a boss allows you to go on to the next level or win entire game. If you lose, you need to restart the entire game. And make sure not to get them pissed off so they just rage quit.

This is Our Main Sprite:

Breakdown of what each person is going to do:

Rachel Choi: The first level out of the three, which is easy. It is about math, where the player bumps into an obstacle, and they have to answer math questions to keep moving on. The boss level includes questions that are mixed in with a harder level math questions, and if this stage is won, the player is awarded with a chance to advance to the next level. Also, my background will the road DUN DUN DUN...scary.PNG

This is the boss sprite...just a random pokemon character I found on the Internet.

Christie Choi: The second level out of the three, which is medium. It is about geography, like locations of places around the world, capitals of places, geographical features like mountains, native languages of a country, where a famous person or show is from, and nicknames of states. There will be 10 questions. The boss level would have really really hard questions about geography. The boss sprite will be:

He is a weird evil person from a short film on Youtube. His name is Dominic Sandoval and is a Youtuber.

Sample regular mini game question: What country made the song "Xiao Ping Guo"?

Thomas Breen: The third level out of three . The hardest level. It’s about science, physics and chemistry. First, you have to make the right acid to get the boss tipsy. You will have to mix substances to create the cyanide to kill the boss, which will be a dogedoge.jpg

Plan

Resources

Materials: Sprites, like the minion with bananas, boss sprite #1 which is the weird fire thingy, boss sprite #2 which is Melvin who is a really creepy looking Asian, and the boss sprite #3, which is the Doge.

Tools: Computer, Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/), Google Images, Paint Tools

Labor: Group Project- Christie will make the introduction and the second level in which the boss is the creepy Asian guy. The second level will be about geography and it will be the second easiest. She will have to make the introduction. Rachel will make the credits and the easiest level in which the boss is the red purple thing. Her level will be about pre-algebra. It will be the easiest and most basic. Thomas will make his own level, which is the hardest level. The boss is the Doge. Since he has the hardest level, he will just do his own level.

Time: 12 days

Location: Thomas, Rachel, and Christie’s homes, school, Hangouts/Google Docs.

Money: $0

Group Log: 5/22 8:30-9:00 AM, BSGE

Christie Choi:

Today, we focused mainly on the music we will choose. I chose SWG instrumental by Golden and Nigahiga and Elastic Heart by Sia. However, I decided to change this because I realized all two of them are copyrighted. Instead of Elastic Heart, I’m going to use the sound effects from Scratch itself. The problem I had was I really want to use SWG, and I decided to just email it to Nigahiga and ask for permission. I’m not going to use the instrumental version. If Nigahiga doesn’t respond by 5/25, I’m just going to choose another music. I need to wait and I hope Nigahiga would reply and let me use the music for our Scratch project.

Rachel Choi:

As for now, today went pretty okay...we just focused on music and finding the main sprite. Before when we were discussing the chosen main sprite, it wasn’t common core therefore it was copyrighted. We had to find another main sprite; luckily it went went well. The problem I ran into was that I couldn’t find the music I chose at home at school, today. I thought I could log into my other email and look through my youtube history to find the 2 videos for music but I failed… anyways I found the music again and downloaded it in school. This was actually easier because the creator of the video allowed using the music only if you credit him...so yeah I think I’m doing good.

Thomas Breen:

Today went pretty well. All of us decided what music we were going to use and sent emails to their creators to get copyright permission. I asked Onision for permission to use his song “Banana Song (I’m a Banana). If I am not granted  access I plan on using a creative commons licensed dubstep like song

• Thomas Breen-  5/27, 5:29 PM,, Home

I am way behind schedule. I barely started animating my scratch. All i have is the title sequence. I made this three slides to make it funnier.

5/27, 8:15 AM-8:55 AM, School

Thomas Breen

Today it was hard to get anything done. I waited the whole periosd for the web pages to load, and when they finally loaded, it was time to go. We discussed what we were goingto do, but it was pretty much useless.

Christie Choi

Today what I did was connect all the questions together. I mainly duplicated many scripts and just changed around some of the wording. I already had the questions, and all had to do was link it. The problems was that the Internet was really bad, so I had to suffer and it was slow, so I couldn’t really do a lot of things except for duplicating. I did it well so far. To resolve this, I should just work on it at home.

Rachel Choi

Today was a very bad day. The Internet wasn’t working so I couldn’t do anything…I was expecting to do a lot but oh well. The most I did was saving the music to my USB, which was a beneficial. I hope to do better next time.

Rachel Choi- 5/29/15 School 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM

I’m pretty behind schedule, so I was debating on whether or not I should remix another game so that the work would be easier. But after talking with my group, I realized that remixing a game would be harder than actually making the game. They stated that finding the right game is hard to do , and even if you did, other people may use the same game to remix it into their game. I have no confidence in finding time and getting my part done my time.

Tomas Breen- 5/29/15 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM, School

I am extrememly behind schedule. I decided not to remix the game, and I have all the music. However, I didn’t start making the project yet, and the sprites are still a work in progress.

Christie Choi- 5/29/15, 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM, School

I am still behind schedule, but I think I’m catching up, like I fixed my problem from yesterday. I found what music to use, and finally found some creative commons music. I’m going to use See You Again by Charlie Puth ft. Wiz Khalifa and I’m going to use

Loving U by Sistar instrumental. I need to work on the boss sprite and the introduction. Things are getting better right now.

Hub Fun

Group Project Journal:

Investigate:

We were thinking that our game shouldn’t be a remix and I thought that it would be fun if the game was original. We wanted our game to include some action and suspense allowing the gamer to have fun playing the game while still making the game educational. We could make our game a logic game where the character needs to experience some weird adventure and then uses his/her critical thinking skills to get out of this weird land. This game is able to put the player in a weird position causing him or her to be extremely careful of his or her actions. Like Ayiti the character has to learn how to support his/her family and we want our game to intrigue the gamer and make them have the will to beat the game. ~Sofija Obradovic

Design:

Game Mechanics:  

Rules:

1. You only have a few lives so make sure that you use your many lives usefully.

2. Try and stay safe by staying away from the other characters.                                      (Warning: Other characters could slay you and make you lose lives.)   

3. Play games using whatever skill(s) needed in the game.      

Gameplay:

The players will be able to do all of this by going into different worlds and trying to complete each world with a certain amount of lives. For each world the life count will be set to three and then go down as they lose lives. This, however, will not affect other worlds/games.

User Interface/ Game controls:

1. The player would use the P button in order to return to the hub.

2. The player would use the mouse to click on the world(s) in order to choose the world they want to go to.

3. Each game will have controls that are specific to their game, but the main controls will be the arrows to move around and space to jump. (If applies.)

Chrome:

Zainab: The fact that the graphics will be fun and you have to keep trying to reach the top makes the game interesting and would eventually engage the player.  Also the sound effects would make the game more fun to play.  

Sofija: The sound effects will have a lot of effect on my project because they have to provide the sound effects for my fire blazing that will be taking place in the world.

Franklin: The sound effects will allow the gamer to be more enthusiastic to keep persisting in reaching the highest level they can. The graphics will grab the player’s attention and allow them to be more lively when playing the game.

Julie: The graphics will be very interactive, since you will be able to create your own world.

Objective:

Story: The story will begin by the player being introduced to the main character which will be their avatar. The story will end once the player has defeated the final boss.

Characters:      Name: The Doctor

Age: 1900 yrs old

Backstory: Comes from a small town named Leadworth in England. Is Scottish. Is

a  ginger. Very brave. Very strong. Is very patient and clever. Loses faith easily but gains his trust in people quickly.

Levels (Worlds):

Sofija: My world will be based off a fire/hell type world. You will have to have a concept of chemistry and creating different chemical equations in order to pass the level. This will correspond to the fire around the player.

Julie: My world will be like terraria, and can be based in the player's decisions in crafting. You will have to collect a part of an apple in order to move onto the next level, which would serve as a link to other games.

Zainab: My world will be a world up in the sky with clouds (I know it sounds weird). You must jump on clouds, however, you can only jump on the ones that have the corresponding word that fits the definition on the bottom of your screen. You will be working your way up to the top, in which you will have won the level.  As time progresses however, the words/definitions get more difficult and become more advanced in vocabulary.  (question and answer)

Franklin: My world would be an undersea place without any levels and there would just be lives.

Obstacles:

Sofija: There will be a riddle that will have to be completed in order to stop the fire that could potentially kill the player.

Franklin: There will be some sort of timer that will stop the whole game when the answer given is not correct.

Zainab: There will be clouds with incorrect answers on them, and if the player chooses that, he/she will get bumped down to a lower level.  

Julie: There are creepers and gels that will try to attack you, but you can kill them with an axe.

Bosses: There will be one overall boss in the fifth world. There will be bosses or challenges in each world that will have to be completed in order to get the supplies for the last world.

Sofija: There will be a boss in my world that will be creating fire that comes down on the player and the player has to figure how to stop the fire from burning them.

Julie: No bosses...

Zainab: No bosses...

Franklin: The boss will be sea animals trying to disturb the process of the balls movement.

Puzzles:

Sofija: There will be a question that asks what the player would like to do with the fire and it will have to involve chemistry and a basic knowledge of combining elements.

Julie: at the bottom of the screen, there will be trivia questions when you open a chest.

Zainab: On the bottom of the screen, definitions or words will pop up, and player will have to match the definition/word with the matching cloud that has the corresponding definition/word.   Player must correctly match definitions with words (or vice versa), and this tests the player’s knowledge in vocabulary.  

Franklin: The questions will pop up in the form of a question when the ball touches the floor.

Leveling up: The player can choose which world they would like to enter first and can go to each world at any time. Once they have completed all levels they then may enter the last level.

Chrome:

Art/Graphics: The graphics are going to be based off of cartoons. They won’t look so much like real people but like animations.

Sound/music: The intro screen will have music as well as the hub. All of the games should have some sort of music as well that corresponds to their world.

Academic Content:

Sofija: Was explained in puzzles.

Julie: The graphics are based on the player, which allows them to interact completely.

Zainab: Explained in puzzles...

Franklin: There will be some sort of positive music that will cause the gamer to be enthusiastic into winning the game, and the art will be the apples that will pop out.

Project Plan:

Resources:

Materials: Sprites, backdrops, sounds, costumes, remixes, blocks/script

Tools: Computer, Scratch, Google Images, Paint tools

Labor: Franklin Wong, Sofija Obradovic, Julie Mae Angevine, and Zainab Mansoor

Time: We will spend 12 days on our project. Each person will spend 7 days on their own project. Then we will spend 5 days fixing and editing all of the projects together and putting it all together.  

Location: Home and virtually online (We will meet on the google docs hangout and we will meet on the gmail google hangouts.)

Money: $0

Create:

Franklin

Julie

Zainab

Sofija

All Group Members

Tasks

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

6/2

Create the doctor

Create Zainab’s World

Create Franklin’s World

Create Sofija’s world

Create the intro.

Create 5th world

Create the overall boss

Create the TARDIS sprite

Create the winning screen (For entire game)

Create losing screen

Create credits roll

Create hub screen

Edit the animation

Date: 5/22/15   Time: 8: 30 am  Location: BSGE            

Sofija: The project work today went really well. We worked together efficiently. We were also able to make some progress but not a lot of progress. I think that our project is starting to come together.

Franklin: The project was fun to do. The group worked together to get the project done. Sofija and Julie went searching for the main character, while Zainab and I created the title page and make sure that it seemed nice. The only problem was that some people in the group went playing games and putting random stuff in the backpack.

Zainab: The work we did today went great. We didn’t make too much progress, however, we do have most of our plan laid out and ready. I think we could work quicker as a group, but other than that, I think we were for the most part cooperative. My group members found usable sprites, I laid out the basics for my project, and we all worked together to get a sense of where we were all at in the progress of completing our projects.  We followed our schedule for the most part, preparing for what’s to come.

Julie: Our work was done efficiently. Sofija and I both went looking for the characters to place in the game. We found a TARDIS to break up, and we did so that we could separate it into our individual games.

Date: 5/ 29/15  Time: 8: 15 am   Location: BSGE

Franklin: The project was fun to do and we got much done, but some members of the group, including me, still need to work on the project and get it done. I have finished the introduction of our group game and in order to complete this game I will need to meet with the group before the project is due. In addition to that, we still need to put the individual games on the group

Sofija: Today went really well and we got a lot of work done together. Even though we are still behind I think that today really helped us get back on track just a little bit.

Zainab: Our work today was amazing. We all worked together and were compatible with each other.  As a group, we fixed each others’ problems and Franklin worked on our main hub where we connect all our minigames.  According to our chart, we are behind schedule. I haven’t completed my entire game yet, and neither has some other group members.  We need to work faster if we want to get this done on time.

Julie: Today went EXTREMELY well. We worked together efficiently and have gotten really far in the project. We are steering it to an end, and will connect the final game soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZAINAB’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual)

Date: 5/29/15  Time: 4:23  Location: Local Library (Queens Library)

Zainab: I decided to work on my individual project while studying at the library. I am a little bit behind schedule according to my charts, so I need to become more efficient in what I produce in the time given.  So far, I need to edit the last few backgrounds and make my nyan cat sprite less glitchy and sensitive.  I also need to add one last question to my project as a whole, meaning that I will need to make a whole new background and script for that. This could possibly take me another 2 hours.

Date: 6/1/15  Time: 5:39 Location: Home

Zainab: Today was a very stressful work session for me.  I was on schedule, however, my game wasn’t working properly because of complications in my computer.  As a result, I was set back for an hour or so until my computer finally worked. Even though i was on schedule, it was hard for me to work since it was confusing for me to make my sprites and backgrounds work properly since in class, I had made an error and forgot where it was located in my scripts.  Also, while at the library, i had misnamed and made incorrect scripts for one sprite so I need to correct that.  This might take me an estimated time of one and a half hours.  

Date: 6/1/15  Time: 5:58  Location: Home

Zainab: I completed the last parts of my individual project and published it, fixing all glitches and errors that caused inconsistencies. I made it run smoother and added the last questions and scripts that needed to be added.  I finished refining the script and my game is error and glitch free (unless of course there is an error that I haven’t caught which i highly doubt). My game is ready to be published and added to the main game.  According to our chart, I am just waiting for my other group members to finish up with publishing their individual projects.

Date: 6/1/15  Time: 7:32  Location: Home

Zainab: After doing so, I added my personal project to the main group game, making our final project.  However, my computer is getting overrun because all of us are on our group account and we are all working on the group project that has more than 400 assets in it. Overall my computer isn’t very compatible with projects over 100 assets, but now not only do I have a project with a greater number of assets, but all users in my group are also logged in on the project and are making edits at the same time I am.  This was a setback for me, but eventually i found a time when most of my group members weren’t on and moved my scripts into the project.  It worked out bad, since I needed to transport ALL my backdrops and ALL my sprites, which was hard.  Then I had to rename them, and edit my script to fit the new names. However, I got the work done and now I am finished.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s the stuff for the credits:

Fire Extinguisher: http://pixabay.com/p-29545/?no_redirect

Doctor and TARDIS: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/280/f/5/doctor_who_sprites___set_1_complete_by_myst_saphyr-d5gw6t5.png

Fire: http://pixabay.com/p-41505/?no_redirect

Dalek: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/150/f/0/dalek_zeg_lines_by_jlfletch_colors_by_mee__by_randomsketchgeek247-d51n5xl.png

Evaluate:

Animation URL: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63700030/

PLAN FOR IMPROVEMENT

Date: 6/4/15 Time: 8: 18 am Location: School

Zainab: As a group, we have a few priorities to improve our game.  To begin with, we need to make a credits roll for our project and we need to separate Sofija’s project from Franklin’s project. To fix our project, we will need to re-organize some aspects of our group game.  Additionally, we will need to collect all credits from each member and make a credits roll at the ed of our game.  

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63700030/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/64673336/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

VSGE

by: 20tranj

Investigate:

Overall Idea:

The sprite attends the school VSGE--Virtual School of Global Education. The sprite starts off outside the school, and to get in, the player clicks the door. Once inside, there is a screen that says “Welcome to VSGE--the Virtual School of Global Education. Your schedule is Spanish, Humanities, Math, then Science. Your goal is to earn at least 8 points before lunch and get some popularity. In each class, the player gets 20 seconds to read as much information as possible before class starts. The player is then asked 3 multiple choice questions for each class, and if answered correctly, gets two points each question. After class two ends, if the sprite has less than 8 points, it sits alone and eats disgusting school lunch--this causes the sprite to be sad, deducting 2 points from the player. If the sprite has 8 or more points, the sprite sits with friends and eats good home food--this causes the sprite to be happy, adding 2 points to the player. Afterwards, the sprite takes 2 more classes. At the end, the sprite walks home.

Four Mini Games (Four Subjects):

1. Spanish-- Olivia (Mr.G)

2. Humanities-- Adnan (Mr.A)

3. Science-- Jaime (Mr. L or Mrs.J)

4. Math-- Hiruni (Mr. M)

Individual Product for Jaime Tran

Game Mechanics: Answer the class questions for Science Class correctly.

Objectives: Try to earn 2 points in class per question!

Obstacles: You have 10 seconds to read up on as much as you can on science before Mr. L asks you his questions! If you answer incorrectly, you don’t get points! Also, Mr. L will try and distract you as you read!

Chrome: What the classroom looks like, what Mr. L looks like, etc. Also, Jaime’s doing the part where the sprite is walking home in the end.

Design:

1. Game Mechanics: Player must choose what classes they want to go to, get through everyday school obstacles (like choosing school food and getting to classes). They enter the school and choose which two classes to take first. Then they have to answer as many questions as they can correctly.

2. Obstacles: Time limit of 10 seconds in class for reading the paragraphs and questions. The player must be able to read paragraphs in 10 seconds and/or answer 3 questions in that same time limit. Paragraphs will be mostly found in the Humanities level.

3. Objective: Earn enough points to gain popularity at lunch and eat good food instead of school lunch. Earn at least 8 points before lunch to eat the good food and sit with your friends. Earn extra popularity points if you do this. Earn less than 8 points before lunch, then you get the bad food and sit alone.

4. Chrome: Player walking to school, eating bad lunch and sitting alone OR eating good lunch and sitting wherever s/he wants (depending on # of points earned), walking home after school end, graphics, type of characters and backgrounds. The type of characters look like actual teachers and backgrounds look like our actual classes.

Design Individual Product for Jaime:

Information for science class:

Newton’s first law is that objects in motion tend to stay in motion and objects at rest tend to stay UNLESS acted on by an outside force.  Inertia is the tendency of an object to resist change. More mass=more inertia. Mass is measured in grams or kilograms.

Newton’s second law is that the force on an object depends on its mass and acceleration. Mass=force/acceleration, Acceleration=force/mass, Force=mass times acceleration.

Newton’s third law is that for every action force, there is an equal and opposite reaction force. For example, if you are on an ice rink, you exert force by pushing the wall and the wall exerts the same amount of reaction force at you, causing you to glide backwards or fall back.

Questions for Class:

1. Suppose you hit a tennis ball with a tennis racket so that the ball hits the floor. The racket exerts a force on the ball, and the ball exerts a force as well. Which is the reaction force?

1. The ball’s exerted force  b.  the racket’s exerted force  c. the floor’s exerted force  d. there is no reaction force, it’s both action

2.  Which has more inertia, a 10 g doll or a 100 kg boulder?

1. the boulder   b.  they both have equal inertia   c. they have no inertia  d. doll

3. Which law does this apply to: Harry’s dad is driving really fast on an empty highway. Suddenly, a deer runs into the car’s path, and Harry’s dad slams on the brakes. Harry moves forward until the seat belt pulls him back.

1. third law  b. all three laws  c. first law  d.  second law

Science background: (picture of a science classroom)

Plan:

Resources

Tools: Computer, Scratch.com, creative commons, Google, mywebface.com

Materials: Sprites from Mywebface and Scratch, classroom backgrounds, school backgrounds,

• Scripts/Blocks: If then else, when green flag clicked, when this sprite clicked, etc.

Location: School, Google Hangouts, Google Doc. Chat

Time: 12 Days

Money: $0.00

Labor:

Olivia: Sprite at lunch with bad food, individual game

Jaime: Sprite going home, individual game

Hiruni: Sprite at lunch with good food, sprite in math class (individual game)

Adnan: Introduction, how to start game. Make sprite enter school and select subject and then upload the subject that has been selected. Individual game

Action Plan:

CREATE

Developer’s Logs:

Group Developer’s Log #1 5/22 10:00--10:20 @Bsge

Olivia

Adnan started by creating the introduction for our project on our group scratch. He made the start and story sprite and coded it. Hiruni and I upload our sprites to our individual project.

Jaime

Adnan made part of the introduction, and we worked on our sprites. I was able to complete the first teacher for my game, but did not make Mr. L yet. The first teacher is a sprite that will be used if Mr. Laskowski does not approve of Mr. L. Overall I think we did very well and were very efficient in a span of 20 minutes.

Hiruni

We started with importing sprites and making the intro to our game. Adnan created the intro with the start button and the story. Olivia, Jaime, and I worked on uploading and creating new sprites. Jaime had to make a new sprite to temporarily replace the one she made before. I feel like we did a lot in that amount of time but maybe could’ve done a little more instead of spending too much time on making the sprites.

Adnan

Today Olivia  was working on making her sprites, she had uploaded the character of Mr. G and programed it to some things. Jaime was able to have scripts but still needs consent to remove the picture of the cat in place with the teacher is is working with. In the end I feel that we could have a done a little better but we still did a good job.

Group Developer’s Log #2 5/27 9:55-10:15 @Bsge

Olivia

During this period, Jaime and I weren't able to do anything. Our computers wouldn't load and the internet wouldn't work. Hiruni was able to work on her chrome part, and make some templates for it. Adnan was also able to work on his individual project and added more questions.                                             

Jaime

Hiruni made the chrome background and Adnan fixed up the introduction. Olivia and I didn't get to really do anything because of the bad internet. Adnan showed me how to make a variable for a scoreboard. Overall we didn't really do anything because the Internet was really slow.

Hiruni

I worked mostly on the good lunch scene (chrome) and adnan continued a little on the intro. We weren’t able to do much since the internet wasn’t working well. Olivia and Jaime were trying to load their websites during that time.

Adnan

I was able to make and complete the introduction of the group project however my partners were not able to do quite as much as I since they couldn’t access their computers right away. I also helped Jaime understand how to use the variable.  

Jaime’s Developer’s Log #3 5/27 9:00--9:30 PM @Home

I finished the first part of the game--the part where the player reads the information for ten seconds. Tomorrow I will start on the questions, and I think I might finish tomorrow. Everything went smoothly, and I think I’m back on task again and on schedule.

Jaime’s Developer’s Log #4 5/28 10:00--10:30 PM @Home

I didn’t exactly do much today. I really just did two questions; I have one more left, and then the chrome. I realized that I have no time on the weekends and Friday, so I’m trying to rush...but maybe I’ll be able to squeeze in a little time in between to work. As Olivia said in her developer’s log, I have more unavailable days than planned and this is really frustrating to me...WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY PLANS?!?

Group Developer’s Log #3 5/29 9:50--10:16 @Bsge

Olivia

Today, my websites actually loaded (after a while) and I was able to do some work. As a group, we decided that the time for the reader to read the info. would be different for each game. We also cleared up many misunderstanding about our projects. Today, I worked on reprograming my game and began my questions. Jaime finished her questions, and so did Adnan. Hiruni was working on her chrome and her individual project and got a lot done.

Adnan

Today I was able to make and almost finish my questions. I need to upload the picture of the classroom still however of Mr. A’s Room. Other than that I have minimal worries and will hopefully finish on time.

Jaime

We decided that 10 seconds for info-reading is too little, so we are all changing it to different times. For me, I’m changing it to 20 seconds. I finished my questions today, but I’m still worried because I still have my chrome part.

Hiruni

Today we got to finish a lot of work, compared to how much we usually get done. We discussed how the time for each individual project will not work for the group one. We worked on backgrounds and making our chrome parts. I feel like if I continue working like this I can finish in time. However if i don’t do some things that i planned before, I will not be able to do them in time so I need to manage my time better. Jaime finished her individual project questions, Adnan worked on fixing the intro characters.

Jaime’s Developer’s Log #4 5/30 4:00--4:30 @Home

I finished my chrome part, and my part of the game. Now all I need to do is put everything together. I’m happy about this because I didn’t think I had time. 

Group Developer’s Log #4 6/01 5:37-12:01 AM :O   (we have no shame because we have used it all up on this project)

Olivia

Today we were able to finish our project and work on it all together, and put it together. Since we can’t all go on the group account at once, we decided to all go on at different times, but we used google hangouts to talk and keep track. I think we worked well to finish this, the only problem would be the repetitive editing and revising. Jaime, Hiruni and I stayed to do this and we revised many times, while Adnan did his part and left. The only problem we had was that Mr. L came in too early and wouldn’t work properly. We worked really hard all 3 of us did, to try and fix it. But nothing worked. We tried so hard and spent so much time, and we were finally able to fix it in the end.

Adnan

Today we finished our project but we had to make new broadcasts so that one subject would transition into the next. However we had to remove the idea of allowing to choose the schedule otherwise it would be too confusing. It would require a lot more time to it. I however wasn’t able to help since I wasn’t there too see everyone put it together but my part was but up. However they were able to fix the problem and made the entire project move smoothly.  

Jaime

We finished everything. We used google hangouts, and we all worked very hard on this. Olivia, Hiruni and I did a lot of the editing because the game kept glitching. We decided to take away a schedule and just have one. My teacher, Mr. L, kept appearing in odd places. This was very frustrating, but we were finally able to fix it.

Hiruni

Today we finished up the whole project. It was a lot of work to do since we all worked on it at different times but we told each other what we were doing so no one will get lost. We tried to fix the sprites that kept on popping up all over the place but it was hard to fix it. Jaime, Olivia, and I tried taking turns to fix this. We made sure each others’ sprites were acting fine and their part of the project wasn’t going wrong. Adnan left earlier and wasn’t able to do much today. We didn’t know we would have to work this much, but we worked hard to get it done. We tried our very best to finish the project and make it run smoothly but glitches kept happening that required us to redo scripts which we did not have time to do. We really hoped that the game will turn out right because we don’t know what else to do if it glitches again.

Jaime’s Individual Project + Chrome Part:

< https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63806150/ >

1. I may not have the best graphic designs, but I know that I worked hard on creating the chrome part of the game, which is the ending. My game does not play when pressed, and this is because I didn’t want to inconvenience myself and my group members when putting things together. I also tried to make sure my broadcasts were unique.

2. My individual product could have been better if I had done things like added more questions and better graphics. Honestly, when Mr. L kept popping up it was one of the most frustrating parts of this game-making process.

3. My chrome part was to have the sprite walking home. It brought everything to a close, showing the sprite going home after a long day at school. It signifies the end of the game when the sprite goes inside the house.

4. Again, my graphics could have been better. I could have spent more time on it to maybe add in credits, etc.

5. Olivia was very good with figuring things out last minute. This is one of the reasons why I picked her to be in my group--I know that she’ll be ready to fix any problems that arise. Hiruni was very efficient and productive--I really liked how she was very enthusiastic about helping people with the work, and never refused to help. Adnan was very skilled with the work that he did, and I was very impressed with how quickly he could do things.

6. Olivia could have maybe not left things last minute, though she figured everything out in the end and everything resolved itself. Hiruni could have maybe checked in on the hangouts more, as she was working on the project and not really being active often on hangouts. However, she was still there and still helped a lot, so nothing was really bad. Adnan left before the editing could be done, and left a lot of stressful work for us, though he didn’t know and so it’s not really his fault.

Group Developer’s Log 6/05 9:39 @ BSGE Plan For Improvement

Olivia

For my part, I will be adding credits to our animation. This way we will be following all parts of the constraints and requirements. Hiruni will be animating the background to fit the whole project. Jaime will be adding music to all the “classes”. Adnan will be creating transitions for the sprites and have them walk into classroom.

Hiruni

For my part, I will be making the backgrounds animated so they look like cartoons not real places. Jaime will be working on the music for the project. Olivia will be adding the credits roll. Adnan will be creating the transitions between each class and the sprite entering and exiting.

Adnan

For my part, I will be creating the transitions between the sprite going from and to the other class and show it walking into the classroom for every class. Hiruni will make the backgrounds animated so that they don’t look like vague real places. Jaime is working on the music and olivia is making credits

Jaime

For my part, I will be doing music. I will add music to each “class” for the subjects. Hiruni

will be making backgrounds animated, Olivia will be adding credits, Adnan will be creating transitions.

My Class: Harry Potter theme song or

Olivia’s Class: Barbie “I’m Just Like You” music, or “Bad Blood” by Taylor Swift

Adnan’s Class: “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton or “Hall of Fame” by The Script

Hiruni’s Class: “I Really Don’t Care” by Demi Lovato, or “Dynamite”

Cartoonize: http://kusocartoon.com/photo-to-cartoon.php

Hub Fun

Group Project Journal:
Investigate:

Design:
Game Mechanics:
Rules:
You only have a few lives so make sure that you use your many lives usefully.
Try and stay safe by staying away from the other characters. (Warning: Other characters could slay you and make you lose lives.)
Play games using whatever skill(s) needed in the game.

Gameplay:

User Interface/ Game controls:
The player would use the P button in order to return to the hub.
The player would use the mouse to click on the world(s) in order to choose the world they want to go to.
Each game will have controls that are specific to their game, but the main controls will be the arrows to move around and space to jump. (If applies.)
Chrome:
Objective:
Characters: Name: The Doctor
Age: 1900 yrs old
a ginger. Very brave. Very strong. Is very patient and clever. Loses faith easily but gains his trust in people quickly.
Levels (Worlds):
Obstacles:
Puzzles:
Chrome:
Academic Content:
Sofija: Was explained in puzzles.
Project Plan:
Resources:

Money: $0

Create:

Date: 5/22/15 Time: 8: 30 am Location: BSGE Sofija: The project work today went really well. We worked together efficiently. We were also able to make some progress but not a lot of progress. I think that our project is starting to come together.

Date: 5/ 29/15 Time: 8: 15 am Location: BSGE

SOFIJA’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual)
Date: 6/1/15. Time: 3:20. Location: Home
Sofija: I worked on my project. I was very behind from schedule so today I finished doing my individual project and finished putting it into the group project.

Date: 6/ 1/ 15 Time: 6: 00pm Location: Home
Safija: I finished putting my project into the group thing. It all connects and works well together. It connects with the overall project and doesn't glitch.

PLAN FOR IMPROVEMENT
Sofija: One priority that we have so that our project can be better is that we have to make our group project more organized and go through all of our scripts because there are sprites in other peoples projects. So in order to fix our project we would have to re-orginize the linking of our project so that it is all very smooth and flows together.

The Deadly Adventures of The Quad

My part of a group game, was making a science game. Here is my original plan and my progress:
Sona: Science
Investigate:
Game Concept: Determining which substance is safe to drink (based on acids, bases, and neutral)

Objective: To find as many safe substances to drink.
Design:
Game Mechanics: There are going to be three to four different substances that are labeled and a sprite, the viewer will be able to click on a substance for the sprite to drink and based on the substances’ pH level one substance will be safe to drink while others will not.

Obstacles:Time Limit, mystery substance and unexpected times (some information will be given about it, and the viewer must decide whether it is safe or not. Viewer’s sprite can die and the game will end.)

Chrome: Realistic backgrounds, realistic sprites and substances

Game Mechanics:
The players are allowed to click on different substances and also find more information about the substances.The players click on the substances once they have determined which ones are safe to drink. The player can get more information on the substance only three times and then they will have to make their decisions on which substance is safe to drink.Player will interact with the game since he or she will be able to make the sprite’s decision by clicking on the substance.

Objective: My game will begin with a brief introduction of the chemicals, it will end with rather the sprite dying or the sprite advancing to the next subject that we have.A minion is on a jetpack going to China and it crashes in Hawaii. He is left with a secret bunch of chemicals, a way to learn the chinese language and a math workbook. In Hawaii, he is very lonely and uses his imagination to transform these items while using it. He needs to survive in the island. The game is going to have a minion sprite to make it fun for the viewer, since a minion is a very childish and funny character sprite to look at. The main objective of each level is to find out which substance is safe to drink in order to survive, the final objective is to find all of the edible substances because the leftover will create (but in real life they are probably not the materials needed for fuel) fuel for the jet pack.

Obstacles: The boss will be Vector. During the game I am planning to have the viewer have to figure out if mystery substances are safe or not when given certain information to see if they have been focusing on characteristics of safe substances. You can easily level up by looking for common everyday substances that you consume like water. But as the substances get more complex, to level up (unless you know the substance) the viewer must use his or her chances to get small details of the substance such as pH level and whether it is a base/acid/ neutral substance in order to eliminate the substances that are not safe to drink.

Chrome: I am going to use this minion for my sprite. I am not going to have music or sound effects.

Sona-5/22/15 8:30-9:00 BSGE
Today I worked on my the script project. I used up some of my time making the sprite for the orange juice but later I decided that I should just download a picture of the different substances. Some difficulties I encountered was drawing it out, but I later realized the game would be more fun to play if it was more like a realistic situation.

Sona 5/27 BSGE 8:20-9:00

Today I worked on my scripts and my sprites. I tried to find sprites, but it was difficult since I was using the search tool “Reuse with modification” so I am going back to drawing out the substances or possibly taking pictures of it, which is possible. While I am searching for the sprites, I try to create the scripts. A difficulty I am having is that I am not exactly sure of which blocks will make the game function the way I imagined it. I need an extra day or two for my project to develop the sprites and find the right blocks.

Sona 5/28/15 8:44-10:06 Home

Today I finished the first round of the substances. I had a difficult time making the game function as I imagined it to because some of the blocks I could not find. I think the game will work in the same way as I planned but I might encounter the same issue I did for the last project which is that some things were repeated and the scratch project had glitches. Though, I am a bit behind schedule but I don’t believe I need too much more time to complete my game.

Sona 5/29 8:37-10:29 Home
I am completely finished with the first set of substances and I am almost finished with my second set of substances. I think that by tomorrow I will be finished with my individual project and will be able to work on putting together the group project. Though I am behind schedule, I am going to be catching up soon. For my individual project, I added some new features that I did not expect to have when I was making the design such as adding a change of backgrounds and I am planning to add some of my group member’s characters.

Group Member's Games:
Olivia: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63629580/
Patryk: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63698146/
Annelie: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64263016/

My Game:
Sona: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63698192/

Youth Voices Accounts:
Olivia: http://youthvoices.net/users/20wegrowskio
Patryk: http://youthvoices.net/users/20stypulkowskip
Annelie: http://youthvoices.net/users/20hyatta

VSGE

by: 20kumarig

My Group Project:

My Individual Project:      

Investigate:

Overall Idea:

Four Mini Games (Four Subjects):

1. Spanish-- Olivia (Mr.G)

2. Humanities-- Adnan (Mr.A)

3. Science-- Jaime (Mr. L or Mrs.J)

4. Math-- Hiruni (Mr. M)

Individual Project for Hiruni Kumari

Game Mechanics: Answer math questions based on graphs

Objectives: Earn 2 points for every correct question

Obstacles: Answer as many questions as you can in 20 seconds. Try to answer all  3 of them.

Chrome: Get through Mr.M’s hilarious/punny jokes between every other question to distract player, room looks kinda like real math room, teacher looks kinda like real Mr.M

*I’m doing the part where the player chooses his own lunch and sits with his friends at lunch

Design:

Design Individual Project for Hiruni:

Math Information: How to calculate the average speed, how to determine if a line is proportional or not, how to determine if a line is linear or not, when to use a solid or dashed line. You are given a situation and using the data given, you must calculate the average speeds and determine who or what was faster. Using your knowledge of reading and interpreting graphs, you must decide what type of graph you are looking at.

Questions asked:

1) How do you determine if a line is linear?

a. If the line starts at the origin       b. If the line is straight    c. If the line is a dashed line        d. None of the above

2) How do you determine if a line is proportional?

a. If the line is straight    b. If the line starts above the origin    c. If all points on the line match the rate    d. If the line starts at the origin

3) Henry traveled 2 miles in 1 hour. Hera traveled 8 miles in 3 hours. Roy traveled 6 miles in 2 hours. Who traveled faster?

a. Henry      b. Hera    c. Roy     d. All three traveled at the same speed

Math Room Background: Approved picture of pre-algebra room

Mr. M Character:

Displaying

Plan:

Resources

Time: 12 Days

Money: $0.00

Labor:

Action Plan:

Olivia

Jaime

Adnan

Hiruni

Everyone

*bgs=backgrounds  

**cp=chrome part (good lunch, bad lunch, walking home)

***Adnan has no cp because he’s making the main character sprite and the intro.

Task

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Unavailable

...  

.   .  .  . .

.

. . .

Create all sprites

Create Adnan’s bgs*

Create Olivia’s bgs

Create Hiruni’s bgs

Create Jaime’s bgs

Create Adnan’s game

Create Jaime’s game

Create Olivia’s game

Create Hiruni’s game

Create Olivia’s cp**

Create Jaime’s cp

Create Hiruni’s cp

Create intro***

Put everything together

CREATE

Developer’s Logs:

Olivia

Jaime

Hiruni

Adnan

Olivia

Jaime

Hiruni

Adnan

Hiruni Developer’s Log #3 5/28 10:30-11:00 @Home

I continued working on the chrome and my individual project. I created more options for the good lunch in the chrome and I added the questions to the individual project. I’m ahead on the chrome part but I realized that I hadn’t planned on starting it yet. However, that means I have that extra time when I was supposed to do the chrome part to do my other steps instead. Its very hard to find the time to do most of these things. Especially for the background, (which I still need), I haven’t had the time somehow to get it. I plan on doing this tomorrow instead.

Olivia

Adnan

Jaime

Hiruni

Hiruni’s Developer’s Log #4 5/31 11:00 - 3:15 pm @Home

I mixed up the schedule a bit and started the chrome early but that left time for me to do the individual project. I didn’t have a lot of time during the week and on saturday though I thought I would so I tried to finish as much as I can today. I finished my individual project. I realized that the characters from my chrome part were in the same project so I put them in my backpack for later. At first, I tried to have the character ask questions in a random order but if I did, I couldn’t find a way to have the answer choices appear at the same time the matching question was randomly asked. I also continued on the chrome part and will finish it up a little tomorrow when the group project is put together so I see how to connect some of the broadcasts and scores. 

Olivia

Adnan

Jaime

Hiruni

Evaluate:

Final Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63717018/

Hiruni’s Individual Project + Chrome Part: <https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63716610/>

1. One strength in my individual project was the way my characters showed up and talked at the right time. They weren’t messed up like my other projects where the sprites were running backwards. Another strength was that I was able to keep time throughout the project without giving the viewer too little time to answer questions.

2. My individual project could’ve been more clear to how time was kept. Even though I found a way to do it, it would be confusing how the viewer is given 20 seconds to answer the questions while having lots of distractions like Mr.M’s jokes. I tried making it clear in the instructions that the jokes and the intro don’t take out of that time but I don’t think I was clear enough.

3. A significant contribution I made was creating the chrome part of the project where the character has good lunch with his friends if he/she earns 8 or more points before lunch. I had the viewer choose the lunch and I created a small conversation between the friends.

4. I could improve my group work by being more scheduled and on time. I could’ve spread out my time better without mixing up my plans.

5. Jaime worked on the scene where the character leaves after school. She helped a lot with fixing the blocks that wouldn’t work and deleting some sprites we didn’t need. Olivia helped with the broadcasting. She helped figure out which things should go where so our project flowed smoothly. Adnan worked on the intro and helped us get the group project started. He included the story and start button and worked on the character entering the school.

6. One thing Jaime could do to improve her contribution was maybe find more time to work on it. We all fit out schedule to our actual plans but we could’ve started working earlier on things to save time. One thing Olivia could do to improve her contribution was also maybe to find more time to work on the project. I found that a lot of us couldn’t make a lot of time and we should’ve scheduled more group meetings to make it easier. One thing Adnan could do to improve his contribution was maybe to show up at different times. Lots of us tended to stay for half the time we worked on the project and it was hard to bring them back when we needed their help.

Olivia

Hiruni

Adnan

Jaime

My Class: Harry Potter theme song or

Legend of Zelda: The Land of the Lost

by: 20leie

Math and Angry Birds

Task-

Do day 3; math. Attacking the monsters with weapons. Some monsters will ask math questions, and you have a limited time answering it correctly before their attacks multiply damage. Each time you answer incorrectly, your health will go down by 5. Different monsters have different timers. Something will depend on your math knowledge, for example, along w/ or w/o the sign that has the riddle, there’s a math question that you have to answer before viewing it. (Z is to draw out the sword, which is then used to attack the monsters).

Design

Game Mechanic-

Rules- Players are allowed to interact with the different areas from the hub. There are four worlds that can be accessed through the hub. One each for Music, Math, English, and Science. The Song of Time can be played on the Ocarina to return to the Dawn of the First Day.

Gameplay- You have four days to accomplish the four dungeons, one for math, science, english, and history. After completing the four dungeons, you are faced with the final boss.

User Interface/Game controls- O to access the Ocarina, Arrow keys and A to play the Ocarina, WASD to move, Z is Sword, X is shield, C is Special (Magic, Bow, Hookshot?)

Objectives-

Story- You have been transported to Termina. Termina is a strange world, and you have found a place where you can jump into four dungeons. You jump into the first dungeon, the music dungeon, and you have to play notes on the Ocarina to advance. The first day is completed. The second dungeon is the history dungeon, and you have to help George Washington out of the history temple. After you solve the puzzle, he thanks you but you are interrupted by a mini-boss of the dungeon, Dark Link. You defeat him and move back to the hub, and it is now the third day. You head towards the math dungeon, and you have to solve math equations angry birds style. The final day, you solve the science dungeon and move towards the final boss. After defeating the final boss, Link dances and there might be unlockable characters in which you can use to play again, or play the game again to get those unlockable characters.

Characters: Link, Kirby (Can fly), Sonic (can run fast), Mario (is powerful), Dark Link, and Ganondorf

Levels: The different dungeons; go through all four of them to reach the final boss and defeat it to finish the game.

Obstacles-

Bosses- Dark Link has 20 health, but is quick and hard to attack.

Puzzles/Questions/Riddles/Traps: The various academic questions that are presented in each level.

Leveling Up: You level up as you progress through the game by unlocking different items, some to create potion.

Chrome-

Art/Graphics: LOZ scenes?

Sound Effects/Music: Zelda Music (mp3), Music: http://www.bensound.com/

Academic Content: Science, Math, Music, English

Science- Mixing chemicals for different effects

Math- Answering questions correctly

Music- Playing the right notes

English- Figuring out the “fancy language” (the puzzle/riddles) to advance in the game. Ex. a fork in the path and a sign with a riddle which tells you which path to take; the other will lead to your death.

http://a.imageshack.us/img96/5259/linksprites.jpg

Project Plan

Resources

•Materials

◦For English level- George Washington ↑↑ isn’t copyrighted because he’s been deadhttp://40.media.tumblr.com/cdef2467876a5916a98807778cc97813/tumblr_mifdatxjy91r413h3o1_400.jpg

◦ Link Sprites:http://www.deviantart.com/art/Skyward-Sword-Link-sprites-275694168Dark Link Soldier of The Shadow Army Sprite Sheet by tAll3Shyguy

◦Dark Link:http://tall3shyguy.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Link-Soldier-of-The-Shadow-Army-Sprite-Sheet-329440234

◦Ganondorf: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Ganondorf-sprite-336275136

◦Sonic sprites: http://pixgood.com/sonic-1-sprite-sheet.html

◦Mario: TBA (conflicted)

◦https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/57445334/ for the village hub

◦https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/56537200/ for the angry birds

•Tools: Computer, scratch, google images, paint tools (pixlr, preview, microsoft paint), piskel

•Labor:

◦20leie - Math level

◦20yeec - Music level and potions feature

◦20madrigald - English level with George Washington and credits

◦20SmelandL - Science level (final level with boss) and title page and hub (modifying) and cutscenes and tutorial

•Location: Group members’ home, Hangouts, school

•Time: 12 days

•Money: $0

20madrigald 20yeec 20SmelandL 20leie All Task 5/21 5/22 5/23 5/24 5/25 5/26 5/27 5/28 5/29 5/30 5/31 6/1 Create Boss Sprites and Link Make title page Make tutorial Make First level (music) Make Second Level (English) Make Third Level (Math) Make Final Level (Science) Make Potion mechanic Make Credits Make cutscenes Work on hub Put everything together Test it

5/22, 8:30-9:00 AM, BSGE

20leie -

Today I worked on uploading the sprites. I realized that there was some white background on some of the costumes, so I tried to crop them as best as I could. I started creating the movement for Link; we were planning to use WASD as the movement, but we needed another sprite for Link when he’s moving up and down for W and S. I duplicated the costumes for Link and flipped them for A, the left movement.

5/24,11:32AM - 1:45AM , Home

20leie -

I didn’t get a chance to actually work on my part on Friday; I was searching dungeons online and found that there was none that wasn’t copyrighted that I could input. On Saturday, I started sketching some dungeons that I found online. In the Notes and Credits I’ll put the links.

Today I finished drawing the backdrops. I uploaded them and I’m in the middle of connecting the backdrops together. I’m debating whether to make the different paths that Link encounters ask math questions to know which path is alright to through, or just ask math questions in a period of time to be allowed to actually advance to either path. There will be a stage where you have to answer however many questions in 25 seconds; each question is worth 10 health points, so this stage is like a health booster. The questions will be answered in an Angry Bird format. After the 25 seconds, the Angry Bird stuff goes away and you can advance to the next level. (20SmelandL’s project; Angry Bird Style/Method https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/61795590/#player)

5/25, 9:03AM - 2:30PM, Home

20leie -

I finished connected the backdrops together. I setted up three traps so that when the viewer makes Link go there, he’ll “die” and the viewer has to start all over. I’m working on the ropes, in which when W is pressed, Link will up the rope to a different platform. I’m also working on the Angry Bird method, which will be played when the viewer reaches the final stage/backdrop.

5/27/15 School 40 minutes

20leie-

I decided not to add any monsters or random pop math questions because the viewer might want a little break from dungeons earlier. I didn’t add the ropes because Link’s movement allowed the player to have Link “float” around the screen. However, I planned to make the questions harder. I’m still stuck on the Angry Bird mechanic, and I didn’t get to do much today because the internet was down and the websites were slowly loading.

5/29/15 45 minutes school

20SmelandL- Today I was able to finish my individual project and I am done with my part. I just have to put everything together and share it. I am just awaiting my group member's products so I can create the overall group project over the weekend. I “tried” to help 20madrigald with the platforms and making sure that the side scroller is infinite. We couldn’t solve it but I found that we are okay in completing the project soon and being able to finish it before the deadline.

20madrigald- I’ve made a huge mistake. Today I couldn’t figure out how to make the scroll mechanic work properly when yesterday I THOUGHT I had it good, but it was absolutely horrible today, I tried to make clones for platforms but they failed miserably.

20yeec- Today I continued working on the potions part of the game which actually turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. Some of the blocks I used got really messed up and I wasted time fixing that. But I feel confident that I can finish my portions by tomorrow so that we can put it together over the weekend.

20leie- Today I used a different Angry Bird code from a different project because I couldn’t get the sprite to launch properly. I fixed the broadcasting and the “touching___” . However, when I played the game and got to the final backdrop, the sprite kept on going to the edge of the backdrop. I’m not sure how to fix it, and I was planning to add a few more questions at school today. I need to work on the project some more at home. I am behind schedule. (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/34602750/#player)

5/29/15 20 minutes home

20leie- I was able to fix the Angry Bird problem by setting Shot? to 0 when green flagged is clicked. I added a few more questions also.

Plan for Improvement

6/5/15, 8:20 A.M., School

20madrigal-

I would improve the scrolling mechanic, because Scrolling requires a memorization of the way the variables are aligned, and I forgot how to tell the direction of one scroll side from another, which screwed me up. My scroll mechanic fails miserably, and can not hold enemies. However, fixing all this could create a suitable dungeon where players have to fight enemies to get to the next level, which would be ideal for the current project that I need. I also need to incorporate music because my project needs music. I also need to finish getting rid of all the glitches, and there is also no way to exit the level. Scratch is basic, so I wasn’t able to compute what I needed in time for the deadline. All my project is currently is more of a scrolling simulator, and I need to make it into a dungeon or else the group project would be screwed. The last thing I need to do is make the game fun, right now all that’s fun is walking across a world that contains three screwed up enemies, about 7 platforms, and no way to escape. Soon I will begin to improve everything, but currently there is a lot wrong with my project. The total time it takes to fix the project should be a little less than a week. I will continue to work on the project regardless of how long it takes.

20SmelandL-

I would improve on making the project smoother, but also dumbing it down to a certain extent by deleting parts that weren’t needed. My individual project had problems when I put it together. It would constantly stop, and it basically never stopped even though I had lines that the boss would say to you before you entered the full game. They wouldn’t come up because of the problem that there were too many sprites that still counted as entities on the screen so that there was a huge problem with moving objects slowly stop moving and all of the lag that went on with the project. I would also have to make the project smoother which meant that I would make sure that the boss doesn’t stop moving when he starts hitting you which makes it easier even though it’s supposed to be hard and took a while to finish with all of the questions and fighting between them. Also, the enemy in the tutorial and the movement is a bit weird, because when you fight, Link almost jumps because of the sprite sheet. This didn’t work well because the loading was done in chunks to he almost just stopped moving a little bit and took a long time to complete it. I would have to change it so that the costume is changed to make it quicker and smoother to attack so Link has somewhat of an advantage while still having a hard time winning to a certain extent. It would make the game easier and more helpful to Link because I saw that the boss battle was extremely hard first and had to fix it with some of these changes.

20yeec-

I would improve how engaging our projects were because most of our projects were just asking questions, and the user didn’t really get to interact with the project. In my project, the user only got a few seconds of interaction as a reward for answering the question correctly. I think next time we should just incorporate the learning right into our project[s].

I also would want to improve the time I put into this project. I stalled until the night before it was due, so I made it very difficult for myself and Lars, who was putting the project together. I want to put in more obstacles as well because my level was pretty bleak, as there was only Link and one boss. The look of the potion aspect as well as the actual level wasn’t really appealing. If I were the player I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed the game.

I also think I should work more with my group, because I mainly worked individually and I think that’s the reason why we couldn’t put our project together.

20leie-

I would improve on adding more math content to the project because the only math content was at the end, when you got to the last backdrop and played Angry Birds to answer math questions. Also, I would create borders/limit Link’s movement because the player is able to move Link freely around each backdrop, and doesn’t create much of a challenge. The player can become confused as to why some places won’t allow them to go to another place. But if I’m going to limit Link’s movement, then I’ll have to add his jumping mechanic or create ropes or some ladder that allows him to go to higher places. Since the player would have to make Link wander aimlessly around each backdrop, if it’s possible, I’ll add monsters (that don’t ask questions), but attacks your health. Anyways, in the end, Link can regain some health when the player reaches the last backdrop.

My Individual Project

There was no group project because it was impossible to do so due to the amount of sprites and moving objects occurring.