All news in Gaming and New Media

Science and Unicorns

by: 20muis

Investigate:

Game Concept:  As a group, we are thinking about starting the game from one central location. From this location, you will then have access to all of the group members’ work. For example, Abdullah is doing Chemistry and Physics in Outer Space.

Game Mechanics: The player will be pulled into a variation of circumstances in which the player will be offered multiple answer choices for the question asked, which would inquire a particular aspect of the setting given.  

Objective: Go through the questions in the three aspects of the game. Each aspect represents the work of one of the three laborers.

Obstacles: The questions asked in each of the situations in the three different portions of the game

Chrome: The group as a whole really appreciated science. We’re going to try and make a cool game that’s appealing to others who follow science as well. The game may have a narrator to take the reader through chemistry, and physics, however the real appeal the game will have, will be the science itself. We want to put some really interesting information in the game, and that will make up the bulk of our chrome.

Subject: Science

Sara: The Effect of Physics on Sports

Ex: A golf ball is placed on a tee (a tool that props the ball above ground), and then a club hits it, propelling the ball into the air. Which Law of Motion explains this scenario, and why?  

A: First- an object in motion tends to stay in motion unless affected by an outside force.

B: Second-  The law of conservation of energy: No matter what, energy cannot be lost or created. The ball has force applied to it and it gains energy and movement.

C: Third- the force of the tee pushing upward into the ball in enough to counteract the force gravity is putting on top of the ball, making them balanced forces, thus the ball doesn’t move.

Sara

• Will work on the portion of the game where the player will test their understanding of everyday sports with physics questions.   
  • Common Backdrops. 

Everybody

Sara Mui

Abdullah Sayed

Rachel Sage Zhang

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Home Page/Title Sequence

Sage Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Sara Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Create  Unicorn

Add Music

Merge Individual Animations

Credits/ Conclusion

Abdullah Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Group Log 5/22/15 8:30-9:00 BSGE

Abdullah: I fixed the unicorn’s animation. The animation is now much smoother. I decided on a title for the project, with reluctant admission from my group members. I am now set to start working on my sections of the group project. I hope to have a hub completed by the end of the weekend, and my individual project started.

Sara: Today I found the links to all the resources we used and I was looking for and I tried to find a picture of a better rainbow, but was unsuccessful in finding a good picture.

Rachel Sage Zhang: Today, I worked on starting the individual portion of the animation. I am not done yet and I will have to continue when I get home. I expect to finish this portion by Memorial Day. I also helped to work on the group project’s credits section while talking with group members on deciding a title. We had disagreement and difficulty in creating a title because Science and Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows was too long.

DL#12

May 26th, 2015 9:00-10:00pm Sara Mui’s Residence

Today I worked on fixing the arc and adding some backdrops, but halfway through fixing the arc, I realized that I was working on my personal account under ‘remix’. I got kind of frustrated, because although I can reupload the backdrops, I can’t transfer a script through accounts. I ended up creating a new project and sharing it with the script, and deleting it right after I put it in my backpack. AND THEN I realized that I was on Rachel’s account trying to help her with her animation. This script is traveling/going everywhere except where it needs to go.

DL #13

May 27th, 2015 9:01AM BSGE

Abdullah Sayed: I think that today was a sort of refreshment for us as a group. We coordinated ourselves, and discussed what is ahead, seeing how all we did was discuss. We got little work done since the internet was experiencing some technical issues. We, however, did help Sage fix her project. She had a broken broadcast system, and mixed up scripts.

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Today, the other group members helped me to fix my project and find why it wasn’t working. I think we have generally fixed the problem but I still have another 7 questions to animate. I’ve only completed the first question and we only have a week until the project is due. Sara was working on the hub and Abdullah was starting his Individual Portion. However, due to the internet being down, we didn’t really start to do anything until around 8:30. During the time before that, we were merely discussing what we were going to include and not include in the project. I am really behind and I have a lot of work to do with what I know will not be a lot of time to do it..

Sara Mui:

I was continuing to fix the disastrous mess I created yesterday, but due to the lack of internet connection, I couldn’t get much done because I had the same tab loading for a straight 20 minutes.

DL #14

May 27, 2015 9:00-9:20pm Sara Mui’s Residence

I finally transferred the script to its rightful place and I cleaned up some other scripts and checked what we have to make sure there weren’t any technical glitches.

DL#17

May 29th, 2015 8:15-9:00am BSGE

Abdullah Sayed: I worked on my first question, and it is essentially complete. I spent a significant portion of my time helping Sage with her messed up project. Sage’s project has multiple technical issues, and we may need to give it special attention. I will work on my project significantly at home today.

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Today, Abdullah helped me to figure out how to move on to the next question. However, I still don’t understand and don’t think it is going to work. Now that my first question has been completed, now the issue is transferring between questions. I have the same backdrops for losing a life and gaining points after every single question. He will have to explain his ideas more thoroughly. I don’t think his idea of duplicating backdrops and putting them after the losing a life and gaining 10 points will work because I won’t be able to switch the backdrops to other questions. I will have to work on a lot and figure out how to change my project. If I use Abdullah’s way, I will definitely need help because I have no idea how to do it.

Sara Mui:

Today, I remixed my group animation and I started to modify it in order for it to match my project. I had to create a duplicate of my main sprite because I had to stop the scripts of a whole sprite but needed that sprite for future uses.

DL#23:

June 1st, 2015 7:23PM-11:34PM

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Today, I created the credits and made some touches to animations so that we would have a good connection between the animations. It now runs smoothly and the credits will be found when a button in the corner that says credits on it is pressed. It is pretty much complete. However, after creating the credits, my entire portion went absolutely nuts. As of now, we still have no idea what happened but the solution in the end was to just delete the backdrop that was randomly appearing and interrupting the animation.

Abdullah Sayed: Today I finished the last question and smoothed over a series of technical issues. I helped connected many of the parts of our group project. However, after the connections were made, in assist with Sage, the project was conflicting with itself. Sprites and backdrops appeared, and moved almost randomly. We solved the problem by deleting a backdrop that seemed to be causing conflicts.

Sara Mui:

Today I (started the main portions) and finished my animation. I knew this would cause a delay to my group, but sadly I had no time and worked on it whenever I could.

Sara Mui’s Portion:

Evaluation:

I was really proud of this group and what we have achieved. Our group had excellent communication and everyone was involved in discussions. We made sure to create compromises in order for things to get done. As diligent as we were, we also had fun doing this together. During class, Abdullah and I would help Rachel, and she kept us entertained throughout this whole project. We were short on time but I am glad that we finally accomplished it. PLUGIN CRASHES LAST MINUTE AS I TRY TO SHARE IT OKAY. SCRATCH SO SLOW NOW.

Rachel Sage Zhang

Positive: Thank you for entertaining us. I mean it in a nice way, you really lightened the mood. She contributed a lot to group conversations and without her, we wouldn’t have gotten to where we are today.

Negative: Rachel was very paranoid towards the end and kept on bugging me. (That’s not a bad thing, I just needed to find something to write sorry). Rachel was virtually illiterate on chat. She was hard to understand.

Abdullah Sayed

Positive: Abdullah was the main contributor of our group, the one who helped Rachel and I with technical difficulties and taught us things about Scratch along the way. He did most of the work when Rachel and I were busy (tennis and golf respectively) and he was very entertaining too.

Negative: N/A

Plan for Improvement:

Rachel Sage Zhang:

I would work on power-ups and making the project more interactive. My project isn’t exactly boring but it isn’t interesting either. I need to make it more interactive and interesting so that a player will be more engaged in my portion of the game. By improving the game mechanics, I would be able to make the game much more interesting. As of now, my game is working very well and there aren’t any glitches. That’s my top priority right now.

Sara Mui:

I would add the backdrop that I wanted to add in the first place before my plugin crashed, and I am going to try and make my project more interesting by adding more graphics and maybe some easter eggs.

Abdullah Sayed:

I will try and go over my project to fix bugs, and technical issues. When my project was on the smart board, it had an issue of repeating a dialogue. As soon as I got home, this issue was non-existent. There may be further hidden bugs. Lastly, I want to review the connection of my individual project to the group project, as I had not payed much attention to it. I may also want to add easter eggs, or such.

Super Mario: Learning Edition

INVESTIGATE

RAUK

Group Project: Platform Game

Objective: To answer the questions and save MATHLANDIA

Chrome: Beautiful characters, funny stuff Fun backgrounds, different character skins and cool power ups

Obstacles: Have to get past Kang John Yun and his evil math drones

Game: (Backstory: Kang John Yun has figured out how to take over Mathlandia by using evil drones that spit out math equations)

Alex:
Game: Depending on what the game is, I’ll probably either have a game where a character is running and you have to solve a math problem in order to advance. Either that or I will do something like Mario games (platform) so the character will jump and then you have to solve an equation.

Obstacles: You have to solve difficult trivia questions in order to advance on in the level because if you don’t then you hit an object in front of you. (Like car simulators where you have to learn to type in order to not hit the car in front of them). (MOstly Math related)

Objective: You have to advance in the level, and if you answer enough amount of questions then you go onto the next level, which the other people will design.

Chrome: Good backgrounds, difficult questions, funny characters and also interesting cars/whatever vehicle is needed.

Ula:

Game: Your goal will be to run the farthest but you also must answer question to advance. But the level of these questions will be a little harder. There will also be a little lesson before.

Obstacles: The questions, the logs, and other things in the way of your character.

Objective: You want to get the highest or a certain score which will allow you to get something special or maybe even an award.

Chrome: There will be un characters, critical thinking questions, as well as a good interactive background.

Khalid:

Game: I would like to make a game that closely resembles what I have made for my Unit  4 Day 2 assignment. There will be increasingly more and more sprites  to confuse the player of the game. Every 30 seconds, there will be a question and another sprite appears after the question is answered correctly. The timer severs a point scale, with the longest survival but shortest answer time is the best.

Obstacles:There will be a red line as pong usually has. Once the ball hits this line, the game will end.

Objective: I would propose a system where the length of time you survive playing the game is used to find the score. The player must survive for the longest time. The longer the player can survive the pong section, the higher their score.  The longer the player takes to answer a question, the opposite action will be taken, and the time will be subtracted from the pong survival time.

Chrome: There will be colorful paddles, and a wide range of questions, to increase proficiency in the subject. The questions will also be presented in a fun way, to apple to the player and to ensure that they enjoy both the learning and the playing of the game.

Rahil:

Game: The game is a platformer. You have to jump from platform to platform to get to the end of the level. Once you have reached the end of the level, you are presented with a question. You must answer the question in order to progress to the next level. You will have three chances in total to answer the question. If you fail to answer the question in all your three chances, then you will have to start the game all over again. There shall be 11 levels in total, and at the end of the 11th level, you will have to fight a historical figure of your choosing. They will ask you multiple questions. If all are answered correctly, the boss will die, and you shall win the game. If you fail to answer correctly, you will have to restart the entire game.

Obstacles:The main obstacles are going to be the questions. Along side that, however, there will be things on the platforms that will cause you to fail. For example, when a platform is red and you touch it, you have to restart the level. Otherwise, it is ok.

Objective: You would have to reach the end of each level to progress onto the next. Once you pass the final level, you win the game.

Chrome:The platforms that will change colors isn’t too important/ However, there shall be a large range of questions that cover most things in the subject. Also, the questions will seem fun so the player will be engaged in the game.

Design

Rules: You must defeat all four levels and NO CHEATING, so no re programming the game

Game Play: Jump, Run, Walk, Shoot (Power UPs)

User Interface: Third person view

Story: Our character will be pets. There backstory is they are living happily in Math Landia and one day, an evil character Kang John Yun has decided to take over by forming evil math drones. The only people to stop him are these food themed pets.

Characters:  

unnamed.jpg

Levels:

Bosses: We will have a weird version of a communist leader. He is very good at math so we must be aware of him.

Puzzles/riddles/questions/ Traps: Evil Drones, flying multiplication signs etc.

Leveling Up: When you level up you change characters into a better one. But the difficulty of the game and the questions also increase.

Art/Graphics: We will have a background similar to flappy bird or mario, so it will look a tiny bit retro.

Sound/Music: we will use a song that we will find from creative commons and it will be similar to the music in Mario. It will be of that type of sound.

Academic Content: Starts from easy math questions and then turns harder and harder as you go along the levels.

Level 1: VERY simple equations, usually with multiplying fractions or just adding and subtracting decimals. Easiest level in the game with the easiest boss. BUT there is a time limit of 5 minutes. If you do not reach the end of the level and beat the boss in time, you automatically die.  

Characters: The Strawberry Dog and the Krispy Kreme Dog

Boss: A word problem with a harder answer than any of the other problems so far.

Game Play: Very simple, less drones and easier math equations, very few power ups

Obstacles: Evil drones, and a very weak boss battle at the end.

Objectives: Get past the level  in 5 minutes (The BOSS battle IS included in this time)

Chrome: You can pick your own character, cool backgrounds, 5 minute time limit.

Level 2: Here what we will focus on area of circles and also their circumference. There will only be one word problem. The game will be almost the same as the first one only the background will be different.

Characters: The Pretzel Dog and the Donut Dog

Boss: A difficult word problem about circles that will be tricker than it seems, 3 Evil Drones

Game Play: A little harder, not too hard though, more drones than before and harder questions

Obstacles: Evil drones, flying order of operation signs you must dodge, boss battle

Objectives: Get past level and find power ups

Chrome: You again can pick your own character, and these characters get more power ups, but same chrome as level 1. 6 Minute Time Limit (The BOSS battle IS included in this time)

Level 3: MeThis will be harder critical thinking questions that require not only common sense, but math abilities as well. It will look very simple on the outside, but require some thinking.

Characters: The Green Leaf Dog and the Red Leaf Dog

Boss: Two word Problem and 5 evil math drones (you must solve their problems in under 2 minutes or they will kill you)

Game Play: Harder than Level 1 and 2, bearable compared to Level 4. More drones, harder questions (There harder but there are less)

Obstacles: Evil Drones, Order of operations, word problems.

Objectives: Get power ups and get past the level in 7 minutes (the Boss battle is not included in this time)

Chrome: Even more powerful animals, more power ups, they run faster, same chrome as other levels

Level 4:

Characters: The Yellow Leaf Dog (Second in the first row), The Yellow Cake Dog (Last in the Second Row), The Green Cream puff Dog (The third one in the third row), The Orange Dog (The Second one in the fourth row) and the Blueberry Cat (the last one in the last row)

Boss: Kang John Yun, Evil Drones

Gameplay:  This is the hardest level, it reviews all the ideas from the other levels. This has the most drones

Obstacles: Evil Drones, word problems, Kang John Yun

Objectives: Get the answers correct and beat the boss

Chrome: Kang John Yun will be presented in a funny way, and upgrades to the characters’ potentials are available, as in all the other levels. There is NO TIME LIMIT FOR THIS LEVEL.

NOTE: THE REASON WHY THERE IS MULTIPLE CHARACTERS IN THE LAST LEVEL IS BECAUSE IF YOU DIE (AND YOU WILL) THEN YOU CAN SWITCH OUT YOUR DEAD CHARACTER FOR THE OTHER ONES THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE

Plan

Resources: Scratch, Creative Commons, Firefox, Chrome, Computer, etc

Labor: Work at home mostly, sometimes in class. Google Hangouts

Tools:Computer, scratch, search engine, creative commons

Materials: Pictures, music, blocks/scripts, information from what we learned this year so it is in our notebooks, 11 dogs/cats from the pets above,  like Mario backdrops

Location: School, homes, Google Hangouts

Time: 4-6 hours each

Money: Zero Dollars

Rahil

Alex

Khalid

Ula

Date

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Not Available

Alex

Not

Available

Ula

Not

Available

Rahil

Not

Available

Khalid

Upload all the main characters

Upload backgrounds

Upload the bosses

Create level 1

Create level 2

Create level 3

Create level 4

Add all projects together

Add transitions

Upload project on  to Scratch

Create

Developer’s Logs

Group Session 1: 5.22.15: 30 minutes

Alex:

Some people did not WORK and I find that really dissapointing. I wish that everyone was on track. Certain individuals were goofing off and playing games, when they should have been actually working.  

Khalid:

During this session, not much was accomplished. We did not have a lot of communication, and so some members went off to their own while the others tried to look at one project together. Some group members did not comprehend how the work should be done.

Ula:

During these 30  minutes we basically did nothing. We need to step up the plate and start working  harder. Our difficulties include but are not limited to: no consensus, people goofing off,  someone yelling at everyone even if that wouldn’t help, also there was one control freak so it was hard to work. Some solutions are just everyone trying to work harder and more separately.

Rahil:

Sadly, we weren’t able to accomplish much during this group meeting. All of us were looking for various platformer games that we could remix to help our personal Individual Projects and our group project in general. So I believe that we need to be more productive next time we meet.

Alex: 5.27.15

Today we didn't get really any work done because the wifi in class was really slow and not that efficient. Our group is really behind but luckily we figured out what game we want to remix so we made some progress

Khalid 5/27/15

During this session, the internet connection was not in our favor, as it did not work well. We had found a game to remix, and finalized it. We also looked at what we should do when we get a better internet connection.

Ula: 5.27.15

Today we didn't do anything. The wifi was terrible and super slow. But we finally found out what game we are going to do. So now we are finally more on track and also being on task. We could not overcome  our problem of wifi.

A background made by 20praneviciusu had been submited a few minutes before this log

Khalid El-Halabi

May 28,2015

10:00-10:15

I had made the basis of what I think the level that I am working on should look like. I had needed to integrate the questions into the game in during this session. I was not able to put the background above as I believe I need the actual file to produce the best results.

Ula

May 29

We made progress! We finally we chose the correct game and we started remixing it. We didn’t have to change any of our plans but we had to use mario instead of the pets. Also our plans will become much fuller this weekend. We must finish it so there will much more work done. We also changed the name of what we are doing. We must fix our boss as well.

Alex

May 29th

We actually made progress today! We finalized our game and we have started changing certain things about it like the color of the block etc. Rahil wasn’t here today, so hopefully he can do some work. We changed our game and decided to use mario and not the dogs because with the dogs its too complicated. Also, we are not only doing math and the land of the game is not called “Math Lanida” We decided to call it, “Super Mario: Learning Addition!!! YAY we finished!

Khalid

May 29th

We decided which game to remix, and so we are on track to finishing the project.

Khalid El-Halabi

I finished the project

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64986960/

Plan for Improvement

Ula

What we need to fix is everything. Our group project is terrible. We need to fix the columns so that you could see the whole text box so that you could see what you are writing. We also need to fix our group project it doesn’t flow and therefore nothing works.

Rahil

What we need to do is to remove the two white columns for each game that there is for the group project. Then, we need to work on fixing the transition between the projects so that they don’t all play at once and mess up the whole game.

Khalid

We must remove the white columns from the projects. I must change my project so that it has no multiple choice, as the system I have is ineffective. A type-in answer system would greatly improve the user's experience. They would be able to answer at anytime.

Alex

What we need to work on is the project because there is a lot of glitches in our whole entire project because we need to communicate better on how to do everything and we also have some problems with collaborating together.

My project

Group Project

Minigame Quartet

by: 20huangc
minigame quartet

Chloe’s Game Proposal

• Project Concept: A game remix of Fruit Ninja that tests the player’s ability to recognize basic chinese characters. An English word will be given to the player and like the Fruit Ninja game, there will be fruits flying around the screen. In my remix, the fruits will have various and random chinese characters on them. The player will have to “slice” or click on the fruit with the right chinese character. If he/she chooses the wrong one, they will lose a life. The player only has 3 lives until the game ends. If the player chooses the correct one, another word (in English) will be given to them. The number of correct fruits the player slices will be scored.

• Game Mechanic: Side scroller

• Object: To score the highest points and not slice the wrong fruit/chinese character.

• Obstacles: Fruits that show the wrong chinese character. If the player slices them, they lose a life. The player only has three lives. There are also bombs thrown with the fruit. If the bombs are sliced the game is over instantly.

• Chrome: The simplicity of the game;  the popularity of Fruit ninja; cartoon graphics.

Action Plan

Shunnosuke

Arif

Chloe

Christy

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Shunnosuke’s Characters

Create Arif’s

Characters

Create Chloe’s

Characters

Create Christy’s Characters

Create Shunnosuke’s Backdrops

Create Arif’s Backdrops

Create Chloe’s Backdrops

Create Christy’s Backdrops

Create Group

Backdrops

Create Questions for Sunnosuke’s Game

Create

Questions for Arif’s Game

Create Questions for Chloe’s Game

Create Questions for Christy’s Game

Create Bosses for Shunnosuke’s Game

Create Bosses for Arif’s Game

Create Bosses for Chloe’s Game

Create Bosses for Christy’s Game

Animate story for Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate story for Arif’s Game

Animate story for Chloe’s Game

Animate story for Christy’s Game

Animate Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate Arif’s Game

Animate Chloe’s Game

Animate Christy’s Game

Animate Group’s Hub

Credits for Shunnosuke’s Game

Credits for Arif’s Game

Credits for Chloe’s Game

Credits for Christy’s Game

Credits for Group’s Hub

Import Shunnosuke’s Scripts

Import Arif’s Scripts

Import Chloe’s Scripts

Import Christy’s Scripts

Create scripts that connect connects all the games to the hub

Test Shunnosuke’s game to make sure it works

Test Arif’s game to make sure it works

Test Chloe’s game to make sure it works

Test Christy’s game to make sure it works

Publish the game

• Individual Developer’s Log (Chloe)

• Date: Friday, May 22, 2015

• Time : 8:30- 9:00 am

• Location: BSGE

• I worked on my individual game today. I was able to do less than what I expected to do. With this time, I looked for a good version of the Fruit Ninja game on Scratch to remix and tried to figure out how to copy and paste chinese characters into the animation. This was difficult and took majority of the time.

• “Group” Developers Log

• Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015

• Time: 8:25 A.M.-8:55 A.M.

• Location: Tech Class

Christy

Today, in tech class, we tried to work as a group, but it didn’t go as well. We planned to work on the hub together, but Chloe and I ended up working on it, while Shunnosuke isolated himself to do his individual project and Arif did the same. Although only 2 of us worked on it, Chloe and I created the scripts, sprites, backdrops, and programmed the group hub. We didn’t accomplish as much as we anticipated because we had poor internet. The website wouldn’t load and Scratch was very slow as we tried to drag the blocks from the menu to the place where scripts are created. Although this was a difficulty, we were able to overcome this obstacle by being patient and using the time it took to load the page for brainstorming ideas. That way, once the page loaded, we wouldn’t have to waste anymore of our time and try to at least accomplish something. Next meeting, I hope that our group is more connected and improves our communication skills so that not just half the group contributes to the work that should be done as a group.

Chloe

Today, Christy and I worked on the group game while Arif and Shunnosuke worked on their individual projects. We created the background for the group project and animated the sprite to greet and guide the player in choosing which game to play. The bad internet slowed us down and was very frustrating to work with. With patience, we were still able to get something done.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Today, we had our first group meeting. I isolated myself to do my individual project. I heard from Chloe though that Christy and her created the scripts sprite backdrops and programmed the group hub. They didn’t accomplish as much as they anticipated because of the poor internet connection. The scratch website was very slow. While it was taking forever, the 3 of us were brainstorming ideas to make this happen. I hope next time, our group will be in more unison and improves our communication skills.

• Individual Developer’s Log (Chloe)

• Date: Friday, May 29, 2015

• Time: 8:15 am- 9:00 am.

• Location: Tech class

• I have been behind schedule on my individual game and I realized that the reason for this was because I was being too ambitious on my game. I overestimated my skills and what I can do on Scratch. To make my life less stressful, I changed my game a little bit to make the game more simple to make. In my new game I decided that there were going to be chinese characters on the fruits that stand for a specific fruit. The player has to slice a fruit with the matching chinese characters. If the player swipes a bomb or a fruit that doesn’t have a matching chinese character then the game is over. I understand that this change will cause some delay in making this game, but I feel more confident with being able to complete this game on time now.

• Group Developers Log

• Date: Friday, May 29, 2015

• Time: 8:15 A.M.-9:00 A.M.

• Location: Tech Class

Christy

Today, we had another group meeting. We made sure that the group hub was the way we wanted it to be. Because none of us were completely done with our games, we decided to help each other with our games to make sure that it worked. Some of us weren’t able to have a sprite a certain way and some of us were simply having trouble on how to animate our games. The scripts were very difficult and asking each other for help allowed us to work around having such difficult blocks. There were no difficulties faced during this group meeting. Although this was a group meeting, it was also an individual session because since there wasn’t much to do as a group, we worked on our individual projects to make sure it would be done by Sunday night. We also made plans on when the next group meetings would be so that we could meet over Google Hangouts to finalize our group project.

Chloe

There was another group meeting in class today. We completed the group hub and showed it to each group member to get their approval. We also discussed our individual games and helped each other with problems and difficulties. We set times on when we were going to meet over the weekend to join our games together.

Arif

Shunnosuke

• ndividual Developer’s Log (Chloe)

• Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015

• Time: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm

• Location: At home

• Today I finished all altering all of the fruit sprites I started in class. I used the backpack feature to carry scripts for some of the fruit sprites. I also altered the game menu to fit my game. Animating the game wasn’t as hard as I expected because I just had to remix the original game the way I want to. All I have to do now is to create a study guide for the player to help him score better at the game. I decided to add a study guide because my group member Christy made a point about how many of the players don’t know chinese very well.

• Group Developer Log

• Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015

• Time: 8:45 P.M.-9:00 P.M.

• Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, our meeting wasn’t very productive because only Chloe and I were at the meeting. We made it clear at our last meeting that we would be meeting at this time to work on the group project, but only half the group was present. We made sure that this time would be best for all 4 of us so that we could all have a proper meeting and get at least something done. Although only 2 of us were at the meeting, Chloe and I made me most of our effort. We wrote the description/credits for the group project that would give the player instructions when they open up the game. We also worked on our individual descriptions/credits as well. Chloe and I helped each other on what to include because we were stuck at times for what to have for a description. The only difficulty we faced was trying to communicate with our other group members because the deadline is quickly approaching and we have to get this project done quickly. We made it clear that the next meeting will be when we put the entire project together, so we should have a more productive meeting at that time. We are slightly behind schedule because I was hoping that the project would be put together by now, but since only half the group is present, we aren’t able to accomplish the final product this early.

Chloe

In this group meeting only Christy and I were present. At first we weren’t sure what to do without the other two group members. We wanted to be productive so we wrote the group and individual descriptions/credits on a separate document.

Arif

Shunnosuke

In today's group meeting, I wasn't present because I had 3 baseball games, so I couldn't make it but I still hope Christy and Chloe achieved something from it.

• Individual Developer’s Log (Chloe)

• Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015

• Time: 7:15pm-9:00pm

• Location: At home

• Today I shared my game on Scratch. My group member Christy played my game to test it and see if it works.

• Group Developers Log

• Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015

• Time: 8:45 P.M.-11:00 P.M

• Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, we worked on dragging our scripts into the group animation. I dragged all my sprites, backdrops, and sounds on the group account into the animation. I reprogrammed the animation so that it would start once the icon was clicked. This took longer than I expected because I didn’t realize how many blocks and scripts I had. I then ran into another difficulty that was one of the variables didn’t work. The game is a platformer game that has a variable of “scrollx” to make it seem that Mario is moving on the platforms. Although I did have the sprites and variables all present, nothing would work. I spend hours trying to fix it, experimenting with different things that might cause this, but nothing worked. Although the meeting went until 11, I stayed up until 12 trying to figure out a solution. However, nothing changed. I hope that tomorrow I can figure out a solution. Also, only Chloe and I were on, although I made it clear that there would be a meeting. Arif hasn’t been on for the past week and Shunnosuke won’t communicate. I hope having a meeting tomorrow will get the project done. Shunnosuke also deleted the group hub, and I was very upset and had to waste a lot of time redoing it, while it wasn’t my fault.

Chloe

Today in the group meeting only Christy and I were present. There has been communication issues between two of my group members. Christy worked on the group hub because a group member deleted the one we made before. We will start transferring our individual games into the group game.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Plan for Improvement:

Our top priorities to improve our group game is to get Arif to complete his individual game and connect it to the group hub. We also need to make sure all of the games work and a credits roll is included in the group game. We included credits for some of the games in the description box but it was a requirement for a credits roll to be in the game. To make things easier for the player all of the games should connect back to the group hub once the game is over. We realized how it was annoying and a hassle to keep pressing the green flag and hearing the sprite talk again. To improve my individual game I should add a study guide in the beginning of my game. I realized how my game could be very confusing for players who know very little Chinese. A study guide could possibly help them.

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/65011400/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63701290/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doctor Who's Hub Fun

by: 20wongf

When I worked on the project I tried to make sure that the project was better to understand, but since there were so many scripts it was so difficult for me to be able to have the ability to make my group animation understandable. Since there were so many broadcasts it was confusing to determine how to connect the game together. In the individual projects I thought that the games were extremely interesting to play, but as I tried to connect the game, there were too many scripts which caused the game to malfunction and cause other sprites to appear in other games that weren't supposed to include specific sprites. Project Plan: Chrome: The sound effects will allow the gamer to be more enthusiastic to keep persisting in reaching the highest level they can. The graphics will grab the player’s attention and allow them to be more lively when playing the game. Levels: My world would be an undersea place without any levels and there would just be lives. Obstacles: As you answer the first question correctly you will move on to the next level where there will be a shark then an octopus who will stop you from obtaining the tardis piece. Bosses: The boss will be sea animals trying to disturb the process of the ball's movement. Puzzles: The questions will pop up in the form of a question when the ball touches the floor. Leveling up: The player can choose which world they would like to enter first and can go to each world at any time. Once they have completed all levels they then may enter the last level. Developer's Logs: FRANKLIN’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 6/1/15 Time: 3: 30 Location: Home Franklin: I tried to make revisions for the project and make sure that it seemed the best it could be, but there is a glitch on the project causing it to malfunction making it difficult to understand the game and the contents it holds. In addition to that, there are some people who have not uploaded their project to the scratch website. Date: 5/ 28/15 Time: 5: 20 Location: Home Franklin: I worked on my project and I realized that there were some parts of the project that caused a glitch in my project so I decided to fix it up, but there were still some glitches in my project. I tried to fix it up, but it didn’t work so thats why it may be different from what is described in my plan. In addition to that the group project is different because it is complex because of the barrage of scripts that the projects involve. Date: 6/ 1/ 15 Time: 9: 08 Location: Home Franklin: I try to continue working, but there are still problems with the project and I am trying to connect the project making sure that it made sense, but it is starting to get late so I will need one of my group members to continue working on the project so that we will have a project that will start to make sense. JULIE’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 6/1/15 Time: 3:13 Location: Home Julie:I had to figure out a way to set the TARDIS on the ground in order for it to be collected, and I finally succeeded by putting it in the background. I converted all of my sprites to the final group product. Done! Date: 5/ 28/15 Time: 5:00 Location: Home Julie: I worked on my project (individual) and knew that I had all of the needed sprites to do the work. My game, however, had a few drawbacks to it. My sprites were continuously getting larger than they should have been. Although I was planning on making the questions pop up when you opened a supply chest, I couldn’t figure out how to do so, and ended up making it for the TARDIS. SOFIJA’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 6/1/15. Time: 3:20. Location: Home Sofija: I worked on my project. I was very behind from schedule so today I finished doing my individual project and finished putting it into the group project. Date: 6/ 1/ 15 Time: 6: 00pm Location: Home Sofija: I finished putting my project into the group thing. It all connects and works well together. It connects with the overall project and doesn't glitch. ZAINAB’S DEVELOPER’S LOGS (Individual) Date: 5/29/15 Time: 4:23 Location: Local Library (Queens Library) Zainab: I decided to work on my individual project while studying at the library. I am a little bit behind schedule according to my charts, so I need to become more efficient in what I produce in the time given. So far, I need to edit the last few backgrounds and make my nyan cat sprite less glitchy and sensitive. I also need to add one last question to my project as a whole, meaning that I will need to make a whole new background and script for that. This could possibly take me another 2 hours. Date: 6/1/15 Time: 5:39 Location: Home Zainab: Today was a very stressful work session for me. I was on schedule, however, my game wasn’t working properly because of complications in my computer. As a result, I was set back for an hour or so until my computer finally worked. Even though i was on schedule, it was hard for me to work since it was confusing for me to make my sprites and backgrounds work properly since in class, I had made an error and forgot where it was located in my scripts. Also, while at the library, i had misnamed and made incorrect scripts for one sprite so I need to correct that. This might take me an estimated time of one and a half hours. Date: 6/1/15 Time: 5:58 Location: Home Zainab: I completed the last parts of my individual project and published it, fixing all glitches and errors that caused inconsistencies. I made it run smoother and added the last questions and scripts that needed to be added. I finished refining the script and my game is error and glitch free (unless of course there is an error that I haven’t caught which i highly doubt). My game is ready to be published and added to the main game. According to our chart, I am just waiting for my other group members to finish up with publishing their individual projects. (Zainab’s Developer’s logs continued) Date: 6/1/15 Time: 7:32 Location: Home Zainab: After doing so, I added my personal project to the main group game, making our final project. However, my computer is getting overrun because all of us are on our group account and we are all working on the group project that has more than 400 assets in it. Overall my computer isn’t very compatible with projects over 100 assets, but now not only do I have a project with a greater number of assets, but all users in my group are also logged in on the project and are making edits at the same time I am. This was a setback for me, but eventually i found a time when most of my group members weren’t on and moved my scripts into the project. It worked out bad, since I needed to transport ALL my backdrops and ALL my sprites, which was hard. Then I had to rename them, and edit my script to fit the new names. However, I got the work done and now I am finished.

The Minion of the Christmas Choir

by: 20choic
Humanities Style~

Here is the process:

Initial Ideas: Music- Nigahiga & Josh Golden S.W.G Instrumental and Sia Elastic Heart instrumental. 

The second level out of the three, which is medium. It is about geography, like locations of places around the world, capitals of places, geographical features like mountains, native languages of a country, where a famous person or show is from, and nicknames of states. There will be 10 questions. The boss level would have really really hard questions about geography. The boss sprite will be:

He is a weird evil person from a short film on Youtube. His name is Dominic Sandoval and is a Youtuber.

Sample regular mini game question: What country made the song "Xiao Ping Guo"?

Credits to my team members: @20choir @20breent

Thomas

Rachel

Christie

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Thomas’ Characters

Create Christie’s Characters

Create Rachel’s Characters

Create Thomas’ Backgrounds

Create Rachel’s Backgrounds

Create Christie’s Backgrounds

Animate Thomas’ Level (including music)

Animate Christie’s Level (including music)

Animate Rachel’s Level (including music)

Create Thomas’ dialogue

Create Christie’s dialogue

Create Rachel’s dialogue

Create Intro

Create credit roll

Create title sequence

Group Log: 5/22 8:30-9:00 AM, BSGE

Christie Choi:

Today, we focused mainly on the music we will choose. I chose SWG instrumental by Golden and Nigahiga and Elastic Heart by Sia. However, I decided to change this because I realized all two of them are copyrighted. Instead of Elastic Heart, I’m going to use the sound effects from Scratch itself. The problem I had was I really want to use SWG, and I decided to just email it to Nigahiga and ask for permission. I’m not going to use the instrumental version. If Nigahiga doesn’t respond by 5/25, I’m just going to choose another music. I need to wait and I hope Nigahiga would reply and let me use the music for our Scratch project.

Rachel Choi:

As for now, today went pretty okay...we just focused on music and finding the main sprite. Before when we were discussing the chosen main sprite, it wasn’t common core therefore it was copyrighted. We had to find another main sprite; luckily it went went well. The problem I ran into was that I couldn’t find the music I chose at home at school, today. I thought I could log into my other email and look through my youtube history to find the 2 videos for music but I failed… anyways I found the music again and downloaded it in school. This was actually easier because the creator of the video allowed using the music only if you credit him...so yeah I think I’m doing good.

Thomas Breen:

Today went pretty well. All of us decided what music we were going to use and sent emails to their creators to get copyright permission. I asked Onision for permission to use his song “Banana Song (I’m a Banana). If I am not granted  access I plan on using a creative commons licensed dubstep like song

Individual Developer’s Log

• Christie Choi- 5/26, 9:10PM- 9:35 PM, Home

Everything went well. I just basically outlined the sprites, the backdrops, and some of the questions. I didn’t get access to the music yet, so I have to wait. I didn’t add the music in yet, which is a minor problem but patience and time would fix the problem. I changed the questions to humanities or history because now that I thought about it, there wasn’t a lot of things we studied about for geography. I kind of incorporated humanities and geography together. I just created the questions but didn’t link the questions up together. So far, everything’s good. I didn’t do much, but I just made an outline for my part.

5/27, 8:15 AM-8:55 AM, School

Thomas Breen

Today it was hard to get anything done. I waited the whole periosd for the web pages to load, and when they finally loaded, it was time to go. We discussed what we were goingto do, but it was pretty much useless.

Christie Choi

Today what I did was connect all the questions together. I mainly duplicated many scripts and just changed around some of the wording. I already had the questions, and all had to do was link it. The problems was that the Internet was really bad, so I had to suffer and it was slow, so I couldn’t really do a lot of things except for duplicating. I did it well so far. To resolve this, I should just work on it at home.

Rachel Choi

Today was a very bad day. The Internet wasn’t working so I couldn’t do anything…I was expecting to do a lot but oh well. The most I did was saving the music to my USB, which was a beneficial. I hope to do better next time.

• Christie Choi: 5/28/15, 9:10 PM-9:45PM, Home

I mainly linked around the questions and created an additional backdrop I forgot to add. I added some non-humanities blocks, like I added 2 Chinese characters and one ELA vocabulary word. I linked all the questions. One problem was that I didn’t really know what to do if the player has 0 lives. When the player has 0 lives, he/she loses, but I didn’t know how to connect it to show that the player lost. I’m going to ask Shantanu tomorrow or ask my teammates to help me with it. I have the blocks for it, but I don’t know which Event block to use.

Rachel Choi- 5/29/15 School 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM

I’m pretty behind schedule, so I was debating on whether or not I should remix another game so that the work would be easier. But after talking with my group, I realized that remixing a game would be harder than actually making the game. They stated that finding the right game is hard to do , and even if you did, other people may use the same game to remix it into their game. I have no confidence in finding time and getting my part done my time.

Tomas Breen- 5/29/15 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM, School

I am extrememly behind schedule. I decided not to remix the game, and I have all the music. However, I didn’t start making the project yet, and the sprites are still a work in progress.

Christie Choi- 5/29/15, 8:15 AM- 9:00 AM, School

I am still behind schedule, but I think I’m catching up, like I fixed my problem from yesterday. I found what music to use, and finally found some creative commons music. I’m going to use See You Again by Charlie Puth ft. Wiz Khalifa and I’m going to use

Loving U by Sistar instrumental. I need to work on the boss sprite and the introduction. Things are getting better right now.

• Christie Choi- 5/31/15, 8:30 AM- 9:06 AM, Home

I am still behind schedule. I converted “See You Again” to a MP3 and uploaded it to Scratch and I made conversations between the boss sprite and the main sprite and created one question. I will work more on it later. So far all I need to do is create a basic outline of blocks for one question and just duplicate it but have different questions. The problem I’m having is time management because I have a lot of other homework to do, so this project is keep going behind schedule. I have to work on a lot of things right now, like I need to finish my level and the introduction and credits.

• Christie Choi- 5/31/15, 9:10 PM-

I am wrapping up with my boss part. I realized that the music I chose is copyrighted, so I have to change it again. One song I chose is Can You Feel Me by Wontolla and the channel allows me to use their music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUiOF6ZhG-Q I will also use this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh_kTw4qmHQ All I need to do tomorrow is help link everything up and add the music and add two more things to the boss part.

• Christie Choi- 6/1/15 7:30 PM-9:20PM, Home

I finished my individual project and finished the introduction of the project. I got all the music, I got all the sprites and blocks. It went well. However, I learned that my group mates didn’t really do a lot and they’re way behind schedule. I can’t help link everything up together yet because of the fact that they are all behind. I don’t even think we could finish it by tomorrow. It’s going to take lots of time linking everything up. I had to change the title sequence. I did my part of the credits roll too.

Individual Project: <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63698308/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 
Group Project: <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63698186/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The group project isn't good and there are lots of errors so...

Science and Unicorns

by: 20sayeda

INVESTIGATE

Group Design Specification

Subject: Science

Parts:

Abdullah: Does a section on space, how the science and chemistry down here is from a whole other planet. {An Earth is spinning around, in a dark void assumed to be Outer Space}

Ex. All of us are moving at about 67,000 miles per hour. (Say what?!) That is the speed of the Earth in it’s orbit. Which concept of Newton’s 3 Laws of Motion can explain why the Earth is still moving after nearly 5 billion years.

A: Force= (M)A

B: Inertia

C: Mass cannot be lost in a chemical reaction..

D: Every force has an equal reaction force. In this case the reaction force is continuously pushing the Earth around.  

•  
    • Labor:

• Abdullah:

• Will create and animate space themed section of game.

• Will work on jobs relating to the general hub and game’s technical support.

• Action Plan:

Everybody

Sara Mui

Abdullah Sayed

Rachel Sage Zhang

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Home Page/Title Sequence

Sage Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Sara Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Create  Unicorn

Add Music

Merge Individual Animations

Credits/ Conclusion

Abdullah Animation+Sprites+Backdrops

Create:

Group Log 5/22/15 8:30-9:00 BSGE

DL#3

May 23rd, 2015 3:44pm Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I started my questions today, but I did not waste the past few days. I thought a lot about the questions and as soon as I started working I got a lot done. My questions are pretty much finished. I have an extra question as a backup, or just possible addition. I also started the animation for hub and title. I have a basic layout out. I just need to make the title, I’m a little undecided on how to do it.  I problem I have encountered is that we need to change the backdrop. The color scheme is horrible. We need to either make much it darker, or much brighter, but not the grey that it is now.

DL#6

May 24th, 2015 10:20am Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

No tech related work completed.

DL#9

May 25th, 2015 11:34am Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I worked on smoothing out the hub. Some minor details fixed. However, I did not achieve much. I also worked on the questions. I am not pretty confident in them, although I may want to run a couple past Shantanu.

DL#11

May 26th, 2015 7:20pm Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I radically changed the hub, created  a new backdrop, added a title sequence, changed rainbow arc, and fixed the overall color scheme, although now it looks like it was made by a princess obsessed 4th grader. I want to get rid of the music, and maybe find a way to make the overall color scheme darker, which would require some photoshop, but it is not a priority.

DL #13

May 27th, 2015 9:01AM BSGE

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Sara Mui:

Dl#15

May 28, 2015 9:18:54-10:30:26pm Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

I for the first time, have really began to invest myself into my individual project and how it will connect to the rest of the project. I’ve assembled the pieces I need for 1 question. Also, on Sage’s request, we have adopted 5 questions per group member, contrary to our previous policy of “8-ish.”

DL#17

May 29th, 2015 8:15-9:00am BSGE

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Sara Mui:

DL#18:

May 29th, 2015 6:15pm-7:15 Abdullah Sayed's Residence:

6:43; I started working my individual project significantly, and I am progressing quickly past my first question. I am using multiple costumes and I fear that when the time comes to put the project together, it transferring costumes will pose a difficulty. However, I feel that I have also found the solution to such a problem. When a costume is in your bookbag, right clicking on it offers the option to download it. Using this method I may be able to stick the costumes into the main project

DL #21:

May 31st, 2015 5:37-7:30PM Abdullah Sayed’s Residence

Today I finished animating 4 of the 5 questions in my individual project. I plan to finish the last question tomorrow. I believe it will be possible. Tomorrow we will also piece the main project together, either at the library during lunch or after school. I am slightly behind schedule, but even this minor blip may prove to be a fatal mistake. The main problem I faced was that each day of the next week is littered with quizzes and tests. I have tried hard to study for them, but my homework and tech project have suffered as consequence.

DL#23:

June 1st, 2015 7:23PM-11:34PM

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Sara Mui:

Abdullah Sayed’s Portion:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64626648/#player

Evaluation:

Overall I think that our group worked quite well. We were mostly on time, and got our work done. However, just before the due date when we were piecing things together, the project suddenly had a huge conflict, and backdrops, and sprites were popping out of place, at the wrong times. As of Mon Jun. 1 9:35:37PM, the project is not correct. Update: After Sage deleted 1 backdrop all is well. I have no idea how, but it is.

1.My individual project was if not interesting, at least not boring. It challenged the player to think, and it’s questions enticed critical thinking. Also I tried to make the animation, story, and art work smooth and fluid, although my success is arguable.

2. I believe that maybe if I had created a better system of consequences after the player got a question wrong or right, my project could have then been improved. Maybe I could have added some more dialogue, or interaction.

3. I made most of what happens when you start the project. I also made the linking interface.

4. I could have improved my group work if I was more connected with my other group members throughout the process. Our animations sometimes had different types of scoring mechanisms.

Rachel Sage Zhang

Positive: Sage was very punctual in her work, and she gave a lot of importance to it. She had everything done on time, and put a lot of effort into it.

Negative: The only thing I can complain about Sage is that she needs to learn how to efficiently communicate over text.

Sara Mui

Positive: Sara was very involved in group discussions. She was also active around the project journal, and the “hub.” She was an essential group member.

Negative: Sara did not complete her individual project on the time she agreed with us. This was a minor disturbance, but it meant that she needed to link her project whenever she was done with it, making her vulnerable to problems. Sara also didn’t upload her animation. I added it at the end to prevent the difficulty.

Plan for Improvement:

Rachel Sage Zhang:

Sara Mui:

Abdullah Sayed:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62839294/

Collabaraters:

http://youthvoices.net/users/20muis

http://youthvoices.net/users/20zhangr

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/62839294/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Integrating "Lord of the Rings" into the 7th Grade English Curriculum

by: 20hyatta

Game Mechanics:

Rules- The players must answer some grammar questions to win back Merry and Pippin from Saruman. If they lose, they will all die.

Gameplay- They player shall be asked some grammar questions using the ask block, and the player must answer the questions.

Objective:

Story- The story is one that belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien, but shall be tweaked for the purposes of this game. Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli are on their famous chase for Merry and Pippin while they are being taken to Isengard by the Uruk-hai (“my fight uruk-hai--AND THEN THE GUY KILLED BOROMIR I AM SAD NOW.”). If you complete all the sentences successfully, then you can reclaim Merry and Pippin, and go fight at Helms Deep. However, if you don’t...most likely you shall lose Merry and Pippin and Eomer, Theoden, and Eowyn and their country shall all die (even though Theoden technically does...but, I’ll not spoil anything more~go read the book!). Also, Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas shall be eaten by the uruk-hai.

Characters-

Aragorn- “ Then I will die as one of them!” This character has the same characteristics as he does in the book. He is the descendant of Isildur, and the love interest of Arwen.

Legolas- “A diversion!” - He is a wood elf who is the son of Thranduil, king of the Woodland Realm. He is extremely capable, and is besties with Gimli.

Gimli- “Never trust an elf!” - A stout dwarf, Gimli uses an axe and is the chief rival of Legolas. He also is very proud of his heritage.

Merry and Pippin- “It comes in pints?” - The “merry” gang--yes, Merry and Pippin are two very fun people to be around!!

Saruman- “My fighting uruk-hai”- The Leader of the Istari, gone corrupted by greed and yearning for the ring. He is the “boss” in this game.  

The Uruk-hai Army- Saruman’s henchmen- a cross between orcs and goblins.

Levels- There are no levels.

Obstacles:

Bosses- Saruman is the boss. They technically do not have any power. The sentences only determine your success.

Sound- Flight of Gondor song download

Action Plan:

Sona Marukyan

Annelie Hyatt

Olivia Wegrowski

Patryk Stypulkowski

Jobs

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Annelie’s sprites

Create Sona’s Sprites

Create Olivia’s Sprites

Create Patryk’s Sprites

Create Annelie’s backdrops

Create Sona’s backdrops

Create Olivia’s backdrops

Create Patryk’s backdrops

Animate Annelie’s game

Animate Sona’s game

Animate Olivia’s Game

Animate Patryk’s Game

Cut Scene (The Intro)

Connect Mini Games

Tutorial

Share Game

Group Developer’s Log: 5/29 BSGE 8:20- 9:00

Olivia Wegrowski:

Today we worked on how we would organize our group product when we put together our individual projects. We also looked at some of our partners games and checked to see if they were good and working properly. I started Level 2. I got the backdrop and sprites for level 2. The reason I had to do that was because I didn’t follow the schedule was because I thought I would get it done while I was doing each level. We were also sadly coming up with horrible names for our group project :(. I’ll try to think of different ones, and record it in my next Developer’s Log. Overall we worked well today. I am proud of my group...

Patryk 5/29/15

Today we worked a bit as a group and got the background for the cutscene, as well as two sprites for the cutscene. Other than that, we began testing each other’s games and giving feedback. I didn’t get anything done in the way of my individual project. We attempted to come up with a name for our game without any success whatsoever. The best we got was “Shminglishese”, which we quickly decided against.

Sona

We discussed the order of our individual games in our group project. We also discussed how are games were going to be played outline maybe how they will be connected (which blocks we are going to use to connect our games). Today I also was able to work a little bit more on my own project which will have 2 more sets of substances. Though we are not following our original schedule plan we are doing our best to keep up and I think that by tomorrow we will be back on schedule. In our group, we also discussed some possible group games but we have not decided on one final name.

Annelie

Today, I attempted to play Patryk’s game without sound. I confirmed with my horrible video game ability that his game needed a tutorial. However, he was nice enough (thanks Patryk!!!) to play my game and to give me credit and feedback for the work I was doing and he helped me fix the problems in my game. Furthermore, I also nearly finished my game, and will work on animating the cut scene very shortly. I am very proud with the amount of work I did today and I will try to work on more of it tonight and I also hope that I can work on the cut scene and that we can connect our mini games by tomorrow. We worked very well as a group, and I have no complaints.

Plan for Improvements:

Sona Marukyan

One of my priorities if I was able to remake the project would be to make my game follow the storyline more by using my group members’ sprites. I would also like to include some more backdrops so the user would be more interested in the game. By looking at my group members’ projects I realized that changing the backdrop made the user always pulled into the game, for example Olivia’s, and because my game is kind of simple, changing the backdrop and adding some more sprites would allow for the user to be more interested of the game.

Patryk Stypulkowski

The first priority if we got more time would be to get the project connected properly and working. We have an incomplete project where all the scripts for the projects exist, but none of them work at the right time, some no longer work at all. Also, Olivia has many, many backdrops, and only a few of them are on our project. So, overall, I would simply make sure the project worked.

Annelie Hyatt

If I were to improve the group project, I would connect all the games better with all the backdrops and have a scene where you can pick which games you can play. Also, I want to restore the cut scene I made. Furthermore, I also want to add the music and make it easier to use. I think that my individual project is pretty good, and don’t want to change it. Anyway, only the group project needs work. I think all of us should be very strict when attending meetings. Everyone should be there! I also want to bring back the fact that pigs are smarter than dolphins.

Olivia Wegrowski:

My priority is to create the backdrop that combines all the worlds together (games). I would choose the main sprites from each game then, put them on a backdrop and when they are clicked then it will go to that game automatically. That is my priority in the improvements of the group product.

Tech 7 Unit 4: Maze Level One

by: 20bishta
Maze Level One

Investigate

We are going to create a platformer game in which there will be multiple questions asked at the end of each level. There will be 4 different levels. Abhay will do level one which will be a maze, and the subject is math. Amit will do level two which will be an adventure course with a boss at the end, and the subject is going to be physics. Harikleia will do level three which will be an obstacle course with a smaller battle at the end, but not with a crazy hard boss, and the subject is going to be science. Raunak will do level four which will be a boss battle, and the subject is humanities.

Abhay is going complete level 1. I am going to create a game in which there will be a complicated maze that will ask a question once the end has reached. The question will be math related and will ask things such as equations and riddles. To make the level harder, I will make it so that the maze will reset if you touch the wall at any time. If possible, have a small fight with a minor boss at the end of the maze.

20amannar is going to create the final level with the final boss level. My main project will be about the Revolutionary war and  a George washington adventure. There will be a setting with george washington and a little part of the war and claiming a fort. The last (big) boss will be inside the fort and it will be the british general.

Amit is going to create level 2, which is about Physics. This level will mainly cover about Forces and Motion. Since what was was learned in science was very brief on forces and motion, the level won’t have many critical thinking questions, and mainly the answers are supposed to be straightforward. At the end of the level, what would happen is that the character would need to go to a boss and try to defeat him. I’m thinking that this too should be up to physics problems, and gradually as the player answers these problems correctly, the boss tends to get weaker. However, if the player fails to answer the questions correctly, what would happen is that the player will get weaker, and eventually die if he answers a certain amount of questions incorrectly.

Harikleia is going to create the third level. This section will be centered around science. Main topics: Chemistry. Talks about stuff like the atoms, etc… There will be riddles here too, but science and logic related ones, not math. The boss at the end of this level will be (some scientist--not sure which one yet).

Chrome: Background is varying according to each subject. For math, there will be a background of various math related things. It

Songlist

Hall of Fame - The Script ft. will.i.am

Cheerleader - OMI

You Know You Like It - DJ Snake

Fun - Pitbull

Runaway - Galantis

Overload - Dillon Francis

Ready Set Go - Royal Tailor

See you again - Wiz Khalifa

Ready Aim Fire - Imagine Dragon

Name

Subject

20amannar

Humanities, Last Level (Boss Fight)

20Sarkera

Physics, Level 2

20Bisht

Math, Level One and Start Page

20Sparakish

chemistry Level 3

Resources

Tools: Computer, Scratch, Search Engines (Google), Creative Commons

Materials: Pictures, sound/music, blocks/scripts, information, spirtes, backdrops, Entire projects if remixed

Location: School, Home, Google hangouts, Google Docs and Google Docs Chat

Time: 12 days

Money: $0

Labor: 20Amannar, 20Bishta, 20Sparakish, 20Sarkera

Raunak Amanna-

DL Raunak Amanna 5/22 9:45-10:10

During this period of working I has decided what my  game's goal was and what would happen in the game. I had also thought about character that I will use in the game

DL Harikleia 5/22 9:45-10:10

This session, my group members and I worked individually. I was browsing the already existing scratch games to see how the scripts would lay out, as well as looking through a tutorial for typewriter text, in order to make the introduction a little fancier.

DL Amit 5/22/15 9:45-10:10

In this session, my group members and I mainly worked individually and the work I did was to start the basis of creating my characters. The process seemed tedious at first, because the amount of games I had to look over was a lot, about 30-40 games. However, I only made one selection, and it was a simple and fair platformer game. I thought that the game was easy to remix because the coding that was used was really simple, however I could accomplish a lot of script by using that game. The game also seemed fun. The few glitches in the game didn’t even seem like glitches, instead they actually were fun trying to get by at.

DL Amit 5/25/15 7:00-7:30

I’m actually starting to animate our characters by now, and it seems that I am on task towards what I am doing. The animations seem fine, and in fact, the only thing I’m planning on doing is to just make my sprite talk and start the time.

DL.  Raunak .5/25/15 5:00-5:30

I have started to make my sprites and my backdrops. I am browsing the creative commons and tried to find a good picture of George Washington. I need to need to gather the information that I need to include  in include my game

DL Amit 5/26/15 6:00-6:40

I think here is where I got the main jist of the project done. What’s mainly happening here is that I’m just trying to make the animation work towards the end. I don’t want to make an ending to the level because that will cause the game to end, so ideally what was supposed to happen is that when the sprite hits the door, the door would start to congratulate the ball if the ball reached the door in a certain amount of time, however in my project, the door won’t have any effect, and in some cases, the door would only work to judge whether the ball reached it at it’s time limit or not.

DL Amit 5/27/15 7:00-8:00

Here is the finishing of my project. I think that three days was a bit more than enough time I was given to work on my project, however I still managed. I just finished the last parts of my project, and now what will happen is that I will ask Abhay to combine. But I just revised my project to make sure everything was in shape and there were no mistakes in my part of the game. Now it’s just up to me to animate our final credits.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64670402/

DL Raunak Amanna 5/26/15

(Time unsure but worked for an hour)

I am starting my animation.  I have begun with a sort of  a story to start the game off. I included a ghoul  and a cat and how the cat is teleported to the game from the story and that's when the game starts in a nice meadow which seems to be amazing but has British soldiers hiding inside. The game will explain the instructions and then the game will start. (Have not programmed the instructions yet)

DL Raunak 5/27/15 morning during technology

During my period of work I had realized that all of my work had gotten deleted and I was only left with my backdrops and characters.  I had decided to remix another project instead of continuing my original one. I took the that remixed for homework and decided to continue.

DL Harikleia 5/28/15 (Not sure what time, but I was working for about an hour and a half.)

I managed to get all of the typewriter tutorial in, but whenever I try the scripts, it never works. I also remixed an obstacle course to make it slightly more simplistic, and all I need to do is to add the academic content where appropriate and add the background story.

Raunak 5/28/15

I have made a new plan for new game and decided what to do. I have made an extra backdrops that will appear before the game starts. This will be like my story but giving information to the player so that he can learn and play. I have made it so that the player cannot play without reading the information.

DL Abhay 5/29/15 9:45 - 10:15

I felt that I completed a lot of work and I am on schedule. The only thing I need to work on is put the picture and the “if, then” statement. That is all. I am doing pretty good overall, and I will finish on time.

DL Abhay 5/30/15 Home 2pm-ish

I have completed my project fully and I am now waiting for the other group members to finish their projects. Overall we will do good and the project will be completed on time. I’m not sure about Amit since we have not been able to contact him much except for when we were in school.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63186570/

Raunak Same time as Abhay above.

I have followed my plan on top and finished the backdrops and gather the information from my textbook and notes. I had also programmed this backdrops into the game and made come before the other backdrops.

DL Harikleia 5/29/15 9:45-10:15

Today, I started programming the scripts for the new sprite I created, which was to show the background story. I created the two costumes and I started the scripts.  Another attempt at the typewriter text also failed.

DL Harikleia 5/30/15 (Time Unknown)

There were no difficulties in completing the project. Simple enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64664284/

DL Harikleia 6/1/15 (Time Unknown)

There were too many issues integrating the three levels (one appears to be incomplete, since it was not published). Each attempt came out unsuccessful, and thus, the final part could not be completed properly. The task will now be attempted by Amit.

Harikleia is going to combine according to the Gantt chart.

Amit

My job is to snip the picture and then copy it to the scratch project so my group members can do the rest of the work and i can relax peacefully.

Harikleia

Abhay

I will work with Raunak to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Raunak

I will work with Abhay to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Evaluate

Final product was combined by Harikleia at about 10:30 pm. It came out messed up, though.Abhay And Amit had tried to fix it and Raunak had also, looked in to it

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65195988/

Super Mario: Learning Eddition

by: 20leea
By: Rauk
By: 20leea

Group Project: Platform Game

Alex:

Ula:

Khalid:

Rahil:

Design

User Interface: Third person view

Characters:  

unnamed.jpg

Levels:

Level 3: This will be harder critical thinking questions that require not only common sense, but math abilities as well. It will look very simple on the outside, but require some thinking.

Level 4:

Boss: Kang John Yun, Evil Drones

Plan

Time: 4-6 hours each

Money: Zero Dollars

Rahil

Alex

Khalid

Ula

Date

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Not Available

Alex

Not

Available

Ula

Not

Available

Rahil

Not

Available

Khalid

Upload all the main characters

Upload backgrounds

Upload the bosses

Create level 1

Create level 2

Create level 3

Create level 4

Add all projects together

Add transitions

Upload project on  to Scratch

Create

Developer’s Logs

Group Session 1: 5.22.15: 30 minutes

Alex:

Khalid:

Ula:

Rahil:

Alex: 5.27.15

Khalid 5/27/15

Ula: 5.27.15

Image result for flower field

Ula

May 29

Alex

May 29th

Khalid

May 29th

Evaluate

Ulas Individual Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64742610/

Reflection:

In my individual product everything looked pretty nice so that is definitely a strength. Also my project worked so that is good. My individual product could have been better if my group members started the necessary parts a little bit earlier. This would give me more time. I helped people with their individual products also choosing the game as well as doing part of the combining of the group product. I could improve my group work by letting other members contribute their own ideas more instead of trying to be in charge of everything. I also could improve my group work by not procrastinating just because everyone else did. Khalid made a lot of the base for our game including our scripts. He also made some characters. Alex helped make people do their work. She also helped design our project. Rahil didn’t really do much but make his personal project. Khalid could have followed the schedule more and done what he needed to do earlier. This would have allowed us to move faster. Alex could have also done what she needed to do before. This just would help everyone. Rahil could have started work earlier and done more than he did.

Rahil Ahmed

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65189068/

Khalid El-Halabi

I finished the project

Alex’s Individual Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65207054/

Reflection:

I thought that overall our project went ok but I wish that we had more time so that we could collaborate and listen to one another more. Also scratch was really buggy the past few days so we couldn’t really do anything. I personally do not like group projects, but this one was ok.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65204238/

Plan for Improvement

Ula Pranevicius

Rahil Ahmed

Khalid El-Halabi

Alex Lee

Super Mario: Learning Eddition

by: 20leea
By: Rauk
By: 20leea

Group Project: Platform Game

Alex:

Ula:

Khalid:

Rahil:

Design

User Interface: Third person view

Characters:  

unnamed.jpg

Levels:

Level 4:

Boss: Kang John Yun, Evil Drones

Plan

Time: 4-6 hours each

Money: Zero Dollars

Rahil

Alex

Khalid

Ula

Date

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Not Available

Alex

Not

Available

Ula

Not

Available

Rahil

Not

Available

Khalid

Upload all the main characters

Upload backgrounds

Upload the bosses

Create level 1

Create level 2

Create level 3

Create level 4

Add all projects together

Add transitions

Upload project on  to Scratch

Create

Developer’s Logs

Group Session 1: 5.22.15: 30 minutes

Alex:

Khalid:

Ula:

Rahil:

Alex: 5.27.15

Khalid 5/27/15

Ula: 5.27.15

Image result for flower fieldMy background from pixabay.com called folwer field.

Khalid El-Halabi

May 28,2015

10:00-10:15

Ula

May 29

Alex

May 29th

Khalid

May 29th

Evaluate

Ulas Individual Project:

Rahil Ahmed

Khalid El-Halabi

Alex’s Individual Project:

Plan for Improvement

Ula Pranevicius

Rahil Ahmed

Khalid El-Halabi

Alex Lee