All news in Gaming and New Media

TheNamelessOnes' GAMES!!!

by: 20limm

INVESTIGATE

Rayan: boss battle
Maya: side scroller
Katia: side scroller

Marc-

I think that a good idea for this game would be a side scrolling platform game like Super Mario Bros., but every time you get a powerup, you must answer a question. If you get the question correct, then you get the powerup. If you get it wrong, it reveals the answer and you lose points/lives. Also, I like the idea of asking questions in order to continue playing. Instead of being nearly impossible, we could make it a challenging one that requires some thought.

GAME MECHANICS: (Entire Game)

• Rules:
    The objective of the game is to collect treasure in chests at the end of the minigame, but to open the chest you must answer the a series of “ultimate questions” correctly (these questions are timed). There are four levels and in order to win, you must collect all four pieces of treasure.

• Defeat enemies while making your way to the treasure. The boss will be guarding the treasure chest at the end.

• You lose health for every hit you take. If you die, you must answer a “life saver” question, which will determine whether or not you continue in the game. If answered incorrectly, you die and restart the level. If you get it right, then you get extra health to keep you going and get to continue the game.

• GAMEPLAY: (Entire Game)

• The players will use different controls in the different minigames.

• Game Controls : (possible)

• The game controls for the mini games will be individually chosen for each minigame. Among these choices will be the wasd keys or the arrow keys for platformers.

• side scroller

• platform - kat and maya and Marc

MARC-Individual project:

Game mechanics:

rules:

• The player will control an american soldier in germany. this will be the character that they use

• The player’s job is to get to the end of each level and answer a question in order for them to pass the level

• The player will be able to fight Hitler when all 4 levels are completed.

• game engine:

• The game will be a platformer/sidescroller. They will play by using arrow keys.

Objectives:

• pass each level

Obstacles:

• Enemy soldiers

• Hitler

Chrome:

• You can fight Hitler

• its a remix of a popular game

• Its educational

PLAN:

Resources:

Tools: Scratch, Computer, Online sites, Google Drive/Documents, Web Browser,

RESOURCES

Materials: Sprites, backgrounds, props, creative commons/public domain images, sound effects, soundtracks/music, (possibly photo editing software)

Labor: Marc, Maya, Rayan, Katia

Time: May 20th to June 1st

Money: $0

Location:School, Homes, Library

Action Plan:

Project  Gantt Chart

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create backgrounds

red red

Create all Sprites

green green green

Find Sound effects/ music

blue blue

Create enemies/ bosses

black

Animate Marc’s project

red red red red

Animate Katia’s project

black

Animate Maya’s project

green green green

Animate Rayan’s project

blue blue blue

Create title sequence

black

Create ending sequence/

Import all individual projects into group product

green

Marc

red

Maya

green

Rayan

blue

Katia

black

Thursday, may 21, 2015. 1:30-2:00.BSGE. Marc Today I attempted to find a game that I could remix. It was mostly successful, but I didn’t get any actual work done.

Marc  May 26th 2015 1:30- 2:00 pm BSGEThere wasn’t any significant progress with the project, as I was too confused and didn’t know how to use the variable blocks. I decided instead of making an entirely new game, I was just going to remix it and change the sprites, backgrounds, and enemies..

Group log May 30th 1:55-2:05 BSGE

Marc

We discussed what type of game and what subject we were going to teach. We also generally discussed our progress.

Katia

we discussed what was happening and we planned how it was going to go in the final p

Rayan

i satan

Maya

We discussed what we were doing and the plans for making this project, such as which games we were remixing and everyone’s part in the group.

Marc May 28th 2015 1:15- 2:00 pm BSGE I had to completely restart the whole project by remixing the same game all over again because there were a lot of glitches. However, there wasn’t anything significant that I left behind as I can easily import the costumes and fix the backgrounds, although the process is really time- consuming. I think if I work hard, I can get it done by saturday. I couldn’t figure out how to add the questions in between levels.

Marc May 29th 2015 2:20- 2:15 pm BSGE Today I worked on the project. I had somewhat good progress, as I made most of the question blocks. I expect to finish this project no later than Saturday. All I have left is to animate Hitler and change the costumes.

Group Log May 30th 2015 3-3:15pm Home

Marc

I think that this meeting went well. We discussed mainly on our progress on the project. Everyone was present and we found out that all of us were nearly done.

Rayan

We managed to complete a brief analyzation of our project’s progress, were nearly done.

Maya

This meeting was brief, but efficient. We were able to discuss what point we were at with the project and who was doing what, just to clarify. As it is my responsibility to import all of the projects, it was very helpful to know where everyone was.

Katia

we did a lot of work in th9s time period and a lot of work was accomplished by everyone today

Marc    May 30th 2015 3:00-6:00 pm BSGE I had really good progress, as I am almost finished with the project. However, I had to get rid of the questioning part when you die and instead replaced it so that you had to answer a question to progress to the next level, which was because there couldn’t be a unique question for every time you die. All I have to do is create the costumes and positions of the enemy sprites.

Marc    May 31th 2015 4:00-5:00 pm BSGE I have finished with the project. the only thing is that the animation glitches out in the group project, but I can’t see anything wrong with the scripts. I think it might conflict with another script.

Marc :https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65015282/

1. I would like to point out that the game was well done, even if most of the scripts were from another player. I incorporated science questions occasionally so it would be educational but not boring.

2. Next time, I want to change or figure out how to make my own game. I felt that the project is a little bit too similar to the original.

3. I mainly helped with the creation of the sprites, although half didn’t want me to create the sprites. I was also the main organizer of  the group meetings.

4. I think that I could have improved on the group work by helping with putting the project together and creating more sprites/ backgrounds for others.

5. Rayan: He showed up for all of the group meetings and was very helpful. He answered most of the questions that were presented, which helped us figure out important parts of the project.

6. Katia: She showed up for most of the projects and contributed a lot. Like rayan, she answered questions and generally helped with the organization of the meetings.

7. Maya: She contributed a lot to the project. She put the project together as well as creating the sprites.

8. Rayan: he could have been more involved in the creation of the group’s projects. His original plan was to find music but he eventually decided against it.

9. Katia: She could have showed up for more meetings. As she was not present in a meeting, she could have missed updates and we wouldn’t know her progress.

10. Maya: She could have put the group product together at an earlier time so there would be time to test for glitches/ script conflicts.

GROUP DEVELOPER’S LOG: PLAN FOR IMPROVEMENT, June 3rd 2015 1:30 pm, BSGE

Maya:

If I had the chance to improve the project, I would most likely prioritize focusing on the glitches I wasn’t able to fix on the group project where concerning the part where all of the group projects were imported. I would take more time to figure out where I messed up when putting the scripts together. I would also want to add smaller aspects to the overall group product that we did not get the chance to put on before, unfortunately. Furthermore, it would have been nice to make all of the games tie in to a similar theme that played out among each separate individual product, so together the different games did not look so arbitrary with each other. I would also want to just look over with everything to check the scripts to see if there are any specific problems.

Marc:

If we had the chance to improve this project, we would improve the game’s glitches. We originally didn’t test it and we only found out that we had to add certain scripts. I would fix this problem by just taking more time to check the group project and fixing all its glitches and problems. I also wanted to do an animated introduction, but due to time constraints, the only option was to put a simple stage selections. Additionally, I wanted to create an outro.

Katia:

if i had a chance to improve my project, i would fix all the glitches in my project and update my game to what it was before my computer glitched and lost it. I want to do it again to have more time to complete this an have another chance. there were lots of glitches when it came together so i would like to have a chance to fix that also.

Rayan:

had a chance to improve the group project I would focus on fixing the glitch that kept on harming the course of the game. the project however we noticed it later. It would have been helpful to give the project a unified theme. This would’ve helped to show the idea that we wanted to display in our project as well as help to give the project a better unification.

GROUP PROJECT: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64996766/#player

TheNamelessOnes' GAMES!!!

by: 20limm

INVESTIGATE

Rayan: boss battle
Maya: side scroller
Katia: side scroller

Marc-

GAME MECHANICS: (Entire Game)

• Rules:

• GAMEPLAY: (Entire Game)

• Game Controls : (possible)

• side scroller

• platform - kat and maya and Marc

MARC-Individual project:

Game mechanics:

rules:

• game engine:

Objectives:

• pass each level

Obstacles:

• Enemy soldiers

• Hitler

Chrome:

• You can fight Hitler

• its a remix of a popular game

• Its educational

PLAN:

Resources:

RESOURCES

Labor: Marc, Maya, Rayan, Katia

Time: May 20th to June 1st

Money: $0

Location:School, Homes, Library

Action Plan:

Project  Gantt Chart

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create backgrounds

red red

Create all Sprites

green green green

Find Sound effects/ music

blue blue

Create enemies/ bosses

black

Animate Marc’s project

red red red red

Animate Katia’s project

black

Animate Maya’s project

green green green

Animate Rayan’s project

blue blue blue

Create title sequence

black

Create ending sequence/

green

Marc

red

Maya

green

Rayan

blue

Katia

black

Group log May 30th 1:55-2:05 BSGE

Marc

Katia

Rayan

i satan

Maya

Group Log May 30th 2015 3-3:15pm Home

Marc

Rayan

Maya

Katia

Maya:

Marc:

Katia:

Rayan:

GROUP PROJECT

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/64996766/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

Become a mathmatician

by: 20vamab
This Is the start of my induvidual game
What will be seen at the first look of the project

Investigate

Group Name: ScratchGameTeam

Password: gamers

Plan: 3 different mini games with three math lessons. 2 of the minigames will be platformer games. 1 of the games will be a side-scroller game. There will also be a boss level, where all 3 topics/academic fields will be integrated into a major level. The final level will require the player to combine all 3 of the topics of the knowledge he has acquired thus far and combine them to fight through the several stages to combat a huge graduation diploma.

Objective: Finish a math topic successfully in order to unlock two more units of “math class” to win the game and earn a diploma.

Manaswi: Physics

Bianca: Geometry

Christie: Order of Operations/Basic Pre-Algebra

Plan: In order to achieve her/his goals and in order to become a mathematician, a boy needs to complete three math units.

Objective: Score at least 75 knowledge points out of a total of 100 in each of the three units of mathematics in order to become a mathematician.

Bianca

Game Mechanics:

Rules- have fun, pay attention to details use correct keys

Game play- Use game controls to pass between 3 backdrops of geometry information and answer 2 medium level geometry questions and 1 critical thinking question

User interface/Game controls- Space= shoot to overcome boss, left arrow key= move left, right arrow key= move right, up arrow key= jump

Objective: The main character has to score at least 75 knowledge points out of a total of 100 and not lose all it knowledge saves

Story- A boy/girl wishes of someday becoming a mathematician. In order to achieve his/her dream, he/she knows that he/she will have to get good grades and answer questions correctly.

Bosses- Obstacles the character has to overcome such as injury predators who stand in the platform's way and if the player touches the bosses he/she loses a life.

Characters-1 boy/girl with black hair and is holding a book

Levels-There will be 3 different landscapes/levels of geometry

Obstacles:

Puzzles/riddles/questions/traps- There will be questions throughout each unit and then one final question at the end of each unit. You have three lives until you lose all your knowledge so the bosses try to consume your lives.

Leveling up- Each correct answer will let you continue on with the game,each final question about the unit will take you into the next level.

Chrome:

Art/Graphics- Sprites and backgrounds will all come from Scratch or hand-drawn. Light red color and geometric shapes for the backdrop

Sound/Music/Sound Effects- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXpwjNVQJY

Group

Game Mechanics:

Rules-

Game play-

User Interface/Game Controls-

Objective: The character has to pass all three units to earn a certificate and become a mathematician

Story- A boy wishes of someday becoming a mathematician. In order to achieve his/her dream, he knows that he will have to get good grades and answer questions correctly.

Characters- 1 boy with black hair and is holding a book and the levels will have enemies

Levels- There will be 3 different major levels.

Obstacles:

Bosses- Enemy sprites that try to take you lives if they come into contact with you

Puzzles/riddles/questions/traps- At the end of each individual game, question(s) will be asked that tests your knowledge of the unit.

Leveling up-  By answering the questions correctly you move on to the next unit.

Chrome:

Art/Graphics:Sprites and backgrounds will all come from Scratch or be hand-drawn.

Sound/Music/Sound Effects-

Manaswi- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2XilcGYOo

Bianca- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXpwjNVQJY    

Christie- Background music will come from Scratch

Plan -

Resources:

Tools - Scratch, Google, Computer, Creative Commons

Materials -

Location - School, Google Hangouts

Time - 12 days

Money - $0

Labor -

Manaswi Mancha

Bianca

Christie

Action Plan:

Manaswi Mancha

Bianca

Christie

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/310

5/3

11

6/1

12

Unavailable

Main Character

General Backgrounds (without written information)

Enemy Sprite

Manaswi’s Individual Project  and import scripts to the group project

Bianca's Individual project  and import scripts to the group project

Christie’s Individual Project and Import Scripts to the Group Project

Create Title Page and combine to 1rst scripts

Combine 2nd and 3rd Scripts

Create Credits Roll and combine with 3rd script

Create

Group Log: 5/22 9:45-10:15 BSGE

Manaswi Mancha

We met up today to discuss how we should complete the project. We did not get to start upon our individual projects today. We only conversed regarding who should do what things and the workload. There were numerous disagreements, particularly regarding who should integrate all the individual levels. In the resolution, I had decided to converse with Mr. Shantanu regarding this matter. This will settle the debate of who will do the individual level combining occupation.

Bianca

We did not do any work but we did discuss the jobs and how we should do the project we had disagreements about:

The workload organization

how we should do our jobs

Some solutions would be to have more time to work together and make compromises. Also make the rule of not being allowed to change each other's work

Christie

We discussed the tasks each person was supposed to do, despite the fact that we had already settled it yesterday night. Therefore, we couldn’t start on our individual project. A solution to this is that Bianca and I may make plans to meet with Shantanu after school.

Group Log: 5/22 2:10-2:45 BSGE:

Manaswi Mancha:

I sat down with the administrator and the group. The group and I debated about the amount of work that each person would get and I endeavored to determine a way to determine a compromise. Everyone was present and they all gave accounts upon their behalf. The main conflict was that I was getting too much work, while the others had barely any work. I was getting the harder work. The others debated that we all had equal work. In the aftermath, the resolution was reached. The consensus was inevitable. Mr. Shantanu was aiding us and advising us regarding the compromise. Everyone had to obey to the principles of equality. The resolution was that a consensus was reached that I would do 2 middle transitions, one person would do the title sequence and the first transition and another person would do the credits and the last transition.

Bianca:

We all sat down with Shantanu and described our issues then each came up with different possible compromises and then agreed on a final compromise that would balance the workload. Some disagreements were to convince each other these compromises would work and that they were fair when looking at the whole project and the division of work. A solution to these disagreements was Shantanu explaining his understandings of our ideas and showing the part with common sense while also including his own suggestions. Another solution was trying to elaborate and fully describe our own ideas.

Christie

My group met up with Shantanu after school and discussed our issues with the group we were dedicated to. We conferred our problems and tried to find a solution to who does what work. Shantanu helped us rearrange our schedules and make compromises in order to adapt to what the rest of my group can do around their own schedules. We settled upon splitting the combination of the scripts for more than one person to do, along with another task to ensure that each member of my group is contributing to the group project.

Bianca’s Log: 5/27 9:50-10:25 BSGE

I  took out my computer wanting to start working on my individual project. But it took me a while to even get online and also to wait for scratch to load. While this was going on I  explained the work I  have done so far to my group mates and tried to help them visualize the plan I  had in mind about our enemy sprite. Fortunately we easily came to an agreement about the plan for our enemy sprites. As I logged in I had trouble accessing my projects but after a long time I  was able to import the vother jobs done by my group members into my backpack. When browsing or platformer games I made the decision that it was best to remix Quadrate. I will start and finish my individual project by thursday but because of my busy schedule this week I might fall behind and finish my individual project

Bianca’s Log: 5/28 8:30-10:00 home

Today I accomplished many things with scratch but I still need a lot of work. Today I basically started my individual project. I  added the main character, enemy sprites and backgrounds to my individual project. I  decided it would take too much time to create my own animation so i  decided to remix the game quadrate. I  deleted the multiplayer option knowing my group wouldn’t agree to it while also editing the main character to make sure it could work like the original character. I added the geometry information to the backgrounds and made sure the type of geometry information was specific to each background so the questions asked at the end of each background would be something that was already learned. I  added friday to the gantt chart because I was too tired to add the questions and make an opening for the end to make it easier for my  group to combine the scripts. This was also part of the problem because I didn’t know how to make sure the right questions were asked at the right time.

Bianca’s Log: 5/29 9:50-10:15 BSGE

When taking out my computer I wanted to start inserting the questions but I  realized my individual project had a lot of glitches and lagging problems because of the main Character’s shape and size so I adjusted all the platforms to make sure the main Character wouldn't get stuck in the colors anymore. I also fixed the title page of my individual game to show my game was round 2:The geometry level. One problem I found was that my character isn't able to shoot from his right side so I decided that I will explain the player can only shoot from his left side because I  can’t seem to find the problem in the main character’s script. Another difficulty I  found was finding the way to ask the questions with 1 script fortunately Shantanu explained to me that in the data section I can make a list. I  added saturday and sunday to the gantt chart realizing that I was unavailable tonight.

Bianca’s Log: 5/31 6:30-11:00

Today I wanted to finish my individual project and all its details. First I  made two lists in the format Shantenu showed me. I  filled one list with my questions and one list with the answers and that took me some time. A problem that occurred was when putting the lists into use into the scripts they glitched and either never appeared or changed the outcome of the script. So I had to delete the lists and redo the questions and answers a different way. One problem that I can't solve is the Main Character can't shoot from its left side and according to its scripts its supposed to. I  finished my individual credits and my individual credits while also fixing question problems such as questions repeating in wrong places at wrong times. Tomorrow I will import my scripts, make the credits roll and combine Manaswi script to the credits roll.

Group Log: 6/1 2:15-2:20 BSGE

Manaswi

Bianca

Since Manashwi said that he didnt even start his individual project. As a compromise he stated he would finish by 6 pm latest after many disagreements during lunch. But I realized in the past he would say he had many extra curricular activities after school so i  went to Shantenu and asked him what we should do if we can't rely on Manaswi. I  was introduced with the idea of making a group project of just two projects because the idea that Manaswi could finish by 6 pm with his busy schedule was unbelievable. Shantenu said he would be fine with letting christie and I  do the project ourselves but it would be our decision if we wanted to wait for manaswi to see if

he would keep his promise. Christie and I  agreed we would probably do it ourselves. When i  got home i  sent an email informing manashwi about the new conditions and since he didn't respond protesting he wanted to contribute over 2 hours we started the project ourselves

Christie

Bianca told me in school today that Manaswi didn’t even start his individual project, and when we checked it out on the school computers, it was true. His excuse to us is that “I can’t type because of my arm,” but Scratch is not mainly about typing. It’s about scrolling with the blocks. Some typing too, but shouldn’t be that difficult with one hand. And he has his right hand, even better. Bianca and I decided to talk with Shantanu if we could finish our group project ourselves, since we don’t trust Manaswi to finish his on time and combine the projects. Shantanu agreed, but still insisted that Bianca still has to place credit for him for creating the main character sprite. We agreed to Shantanu’s terms.

Bianca’s Log: 6/1 9:00-11:00 home

Today I  made the credits roll, and since I wasn’t supplied with the creator of the main Character I tries looking up cartoon pictures on google images but I couldn’t find the exact boy used I  tried to find a new boy holding a paper but most images were royalty free only meaning you had to pay about 20 dollars to be  able to use them so I ended up finding a boys face to use. I  gave credit to Christie for the first game and listed her credits then I did the same for me and for manashwi I gave him credit of having the idea of the Main Character being a boy. I  also fixed Christie's script to repeat the questions if the player got it wrong. One problem was that the enemy sprites weren’t appearing on the game. I  made them show up but they don’t take away lives or follow the player like they are programed to. At least they confuse the player of the rules. One problem that I could figure out was making the main Character shoot but then it was unnecessary in the group project anyway since the enemies lost their threat power. I  combined my script to the credits roll because of the change of plan.

This is the order of the projects shown

Group Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63610990/

Bianca’s Individual Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64482638/

Sylwester the Translator

May 22, 2015 8:30- 9:00 BSGE

Today I got my sprites since the ones I chose originally were creepy. I also forgot to get a rich guy sprite. I got all of that now, and that’s pretty much all I got done.

May 25, 2015 9:30-10:00 BSGE

I started/ kind of made a cut scene--I’m not really sure what, kind of like the intro to the game. The Uruk-hai of Sauman are the bodyguards of the rich man, so it has something to do with everything else. Thats what I got done today.

May 27, 2015 8:15-9:00 BSGE

Today the internet connection was really slow, therefore I didn’t get much done, except for erasing the white background from my Uruk-hai sprites.

May 28, 2015 6:20-9:00 Home (My House)

Today I managed to do most of the 1st level for pinyin, I will add one more sentence then move on to the next level pinyin and tones, tomorrow. Also the 1st translation in my game is pretty much the tutorial, that’s it. It’s tou fa- which means hair. So yeah. It’s really difficult to make the other sprites react to a answer of a different sprite, but I got got it, although it takes long. I am very behind schedule, but if I work at the same pace everyday I might finish. I’m still going to work on it now... I finished all of level 1. It will take me a long time to do my project. Also, I didn’t put in photos because that would be too much work to find a CC photo of different things. So instead I ask a question and the person responds, with the correct or incorrect translation.

Group Developer’s Log: 5/29 BSGE 8:20- 9:00

20WegrowskiO

Today we worked on how we would organize our group product when we put together our individual projects. We also looked at some of our partners games and checked to see if they were good and working properly. I started Level 2. I got the backdrop and sprites for level 2. The reason I had to do that was because I didn’t follow the schedule was because I thought I would get it done while I was doing each level. We were also sadly coming up with horrible names for our group project :(. I’ll try to think of different ones, and record it in my next Developer’s Log. Overall we worked well today. I am proud of my group...

20Stypulkowskip

Today we worked a bit as a group and got the background for the cutscene, as well as two sprites for the cutscene. Other than that, we began testing each other’s games and giving feedback. I didn’t get anything done in the way of my individual project. We attempted to come up with a name for our game without any success whatsoever. The best we got was “Shminglishese”, which we quickly decided against.

20marukyans

We discussed the order of our individual games in our group project. We also discussed how are games were going to be played outline maybe how they will be connected (which blocks we are going to use to connect our games). Today I also was able to work a little bit more on my own project which will have 2 more sets of substances. Though we are not following our original schedule plan we are doing our best to keep up and I think that by tomorrow we will be back on schedule. In our group, we also discussed some possible group games but we have not decided on one final name.

20hyatta

Today I attempted to play Patryk’s game without sound. I confirmed with my horrible video game ability that his game needed a tutorial. However, he was nice enough (thanks Patryk!!!) to play my game and to give me credit and feedback for the work I was doing and he helped me fix the problems in my game. Furthermore, I also nearly finished my game, and will work on animating the cut scene very shortly. I am very proud with the amount of work I did today and I will try to work on more of it tonight and I also hope that I can work on the cut scene and that we can connect our mini games by tomorrow. We worked very well as a group, and I have no complaints.

May 31, 2015 1:11-3:30 Home:

I finished all of level 2 and I got the last backdrop for the 3rd level. I’ll do maybe ½ of it today if I have time and the rest tomorrow. ...I ended up not doing any more, but I did do a very simple credits roll.

June 1, 2015 5:36-7:54 Home

I finished my project and added sound. Finally! So glad.

Gantt Chart: (schedule)

20hyatta: X, 20marukyans: $, 20Stypulkowskip: ?, 20WegrowskiO: 0

Jobs

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create 20hyatta sprites

X

Create 20marukyans Sprites

$

Create 20WegrowskiO Sprites

0

Create 20Stypulkowskip Sprites

?

Create 20hyatta backdrops

X

Create 20marukyans backdrops

$

Create 20WegrowskiO backdrops

0

Create 20Stypulkowskip backdrops

?

Animate 20hyatta

X X X X

Animate 20marukyans game

$ $ $ $

Animate 20WegrowskiO Game

0 0 0 0

Animate 20Stypulkowskip Game

?

? ? ?
?

Cut Scene (The Intro)

X X

Connect Mini Games

? $

Tutorial

0 0 0 0

Share Game

?

20WegrowskiO's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63629580/

20Stypulkowskip: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63698146/

20marukyans: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63698192/

20hyatta: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64263016/

History Monsters

by: 20haques
History Monsters

Group project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64604106/#player

Kayla's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64981086/

Lalla's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63880466/

Scott's project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63567150/

Investigate

Shahreen: I will do a game about fighting historical figures and have them teach the player about themselves while the player fights them. The objective is to teach the player about the historical figures. The fighting is for the game to be fun. An obstacle in making this game would be figuring out how to make the health of the historical figures go down every time they are attacked. The historical figures being fought will be George Washington, Pol Pot, Christopher Columbus.

Kayla will make a racing game where you have to answer a question to move on.

Lalla will do a fighting game wher you have to fight british soldiers.

Scott will do a game that teaches you about what happens inside Congress.

Design

Group: To connect all of our mini-games into one game, we will have a sprite fall asleep in class. Then, two sprites will appear. One will ask the name of the player and then say that if the viewer would like to go on an adventure, they must help that sprite win a race. He will then go on to explain the rules of the game. If the player does win the race, the game will continue on to the historical games. Lalla’s game will follow the race and the sprite that the player had helped win the game will continue on in the game and describes the objectives of each of the games. If the player is able to beat this section of the game, the setting will change to Shahreen’s game and then to Scott’s. If the player dies in one of the games, they will lose one of their lives. After their fourth death, the player will reset to the beginning of the game.

Shahreen:

Game Mechanics-

1. Rules- You must consecutively defeat all three of the historical people. If you lose to one of them, then you have to re-start that part of the game.

2. Game play/Game Engine- Your character fights with a sword. Each of the three historical figures fights using a different weapon. They don’t have attack patterns, however. This is to make the game more challenging.

3. User Interface- The user uses the keyboard to move their character. The arrow keys are to move their character in different directions. They use the key “z” to attack with their sword.

Objectives-

1. Story-The player is taken to three different eras and in-front of a famous or infamous historical person in each time-travel. The historical person goes crazy after seeing the player and attacks.

2. Characters- Your character, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, and Pol Pot.

3. Levels- There are no levels in particular. Each boss gets harder than the last, so that could be thought of as levels.

Obstacles-

1. Bosses- George Washington fights using an axe. He swings it around to attack. Christopher Columbus fights using a gun. He swings it around because he doesn’t have any ammo in it. Pol Pot fights by swinging a pot.

2. Puzzles/Riddles- There are none.

3. Leveling Up- There is no leveling up for the character.

Chrome-

1. Graphics/Art- All the graphics and art that I will use will be hand drawn by me except for the faces of the bosses and one of the backgrounds.

2. Sound/Music- There will be no sound or music.

3. Academic Content-The bosses that the characters will be fighting will teach the player about themselves during the fight. The academic content is history.

Kayla will make her game just on answering questions.

Lalls will make it so that you use arrow keys to move and attack. The weapon is a sword or musket depending on the battle.

Scott will make it so that you play an interactive game where you mostly make decisions.

Plan

Resources:

Action Plan:

Task

5/19

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

Create main character (Danny)

Create Kayla’s characters

Create Shahreen’s characters

Create Scott’s characters

Create Kayla’s background

Create Shahreen’s backgrounds

Create Scott’s backgrounds

Animate Kayla’s game

Animate Shahreen’s game

Animate Lalla’s game

Animate Scott’s game

Create introduction sequence

Create end credits

Import and link all games

Kayla

Lalla

Shahreen

Scott

Create

Developer Logs:

Shahreen: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00, BSGE. Today, I worked on my background. I finished it and was able to write a few codes for Danny(a sprite). I have Danny, George Washington, and Pol Pot finished. I only need to create my last sprite, Christopher Columbus, which I will do today at my house. There were no problems other than figuring out why my project would stop right after I clicked the green flag. This problem was solved when I put some blocks under a “forever” block. Overall, this was a very productive 30 minutes.

Shahreen: Developer’s Log #2, 1:30-7:00,  Shahreen’s house. Today, I finished up the rest of my project. I had one obstacle which was how to make a character’s health go down when they are attacked and your character’s health go down when they are attacked. After staring at blocks and trying things out for about 40 minutes, I finally figured it out. Other than that, everything went fairly well.

Shahreen: Developer’s Log #3, 1:20-1:55, BSGE, Technology class. Today, I created an ending sequence for my group project. There were no obstacles and it was very easy.

Group Logs:

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I worked on discussing what our projects were going to be. Also, we began starting out projects. We created a mental schedule of how much we are going to do every day and approximately when we will be finished.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00, 5/19/15 Tech Room;

Today, my group and I worked on planning on what would be included in our game. We also decided on which games would go and the basics as to who will complete one. We also brainstormed ideas on how we would connect my science-based game to the three other games based on history.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE

My group and I started to talk about what type of games we each would do, and how the will fit with each other. Shahreen, Scott, and I would make a game that deals with history/government, and Kayla is making a game that deals with science. We decided what the overall storyline would be (it would be about a kid named Danny who falls asleep in class, and each of our games is part of his dream.)

Scott: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech: Today, we worked on our overall plan and strategy. We planned out our timing, and were able to create a mental plan and structure. We also went over guidelines.

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I did a project plan that was a gantt plan. We made our final decisions on when we would do certain parts of our project and who would do other jobs like creating an ending sequence. We created something to refer to and to check to make sure that we are on time.  

Kayla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, Tech Room;

Today, my group and I completed a gantt table that allowed us to plan when specific parts of the project would be completed. With this chart, we were able to figure out that we should be completely done with our project by May 29. We made sure that we had at least two or three days before the project was actually due to fix any errors or catch up with our group if any technical difficulties occur that set our schedule back slightly.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE

My group and I decided the plan and schedule for making the project by using a gantt chart. We all agreed that all of our project’s would be linked nad done by friday the 29 and then we would use the weekend to make any small changes. We also decided that jobs that each of us will have to do. Such as, Shahreen will make the end credits, and the I would draw Danny.

Scott, 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech: Today in Tech, we created a Gantt chart. This will allow for us to stay on schedule and follow our promises. It will also allow for planning and organization when it comes to linking.

Shahreen: 1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, some of my group members worked on their projects. I worked on my group developer logs and helping Kayla connects her games. I also have helped her solve the problem on her laptop. It wouldn’t work unless you double-clicked on something instead of single-clicking it. The solution was opening FireFox, then closing it.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00 pm, 5/28/15

Today, Shahreen and Lalla worked with me to link my project to Shahreen’s. Lalla helped us when we had difficulty determining how my portion of the project’s game would be won.  Shahreen helped me by figuring out how to make my project flow to hers. Once I had done this, Shahreen and Lalla helped me figure out how to fix the difficulty I encountered with my personal project. This problem was that everytime specific sprites touched a sprite, the player was supposed to either win or lose, but instead, nothing would happen.

Lalla:1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE:

Today Kayla, Shahreen connected their games to the overall game and me and Scott worked on our project. Kayla also modified her project as there were glitches on it, and I also helped her with the glitches. We discussed as a group how we were going to link all of the projects and by when. We agreed to do it by saturday. We also changed the order in which the games were because Scott and I were not done with ours. So now the order for the game is, Kayla’s, Shahreen’s, Lalla’s, and then Scott’s. Also, Scott just really didn’t make any contributions. He just kept getting off task.

Scott: 1:45-2:00, BSGE, My computer experienced technical difficulties, and had a hard time loading scratch. I was able to review my scripts, and finish 2 or 3 scripts, but was not very productive. I hope to use time at home to make up for this.

Shahreen, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/14, BSGE. If we could improve our game we would shorten the introduction, shorten the start of Kayla’s game, make my game a bit less confusing, and make Scott’s game a lot more interesting.

My game needs to be a bit more easier for some people because they cannot play a game of minimum difficulty.

Scott’s game is just too easy and it needs to be less boring because most of it is just talking. The part of it that is a game is very, very boring and that needs to be heavily improved.

The introduction needs to be shorter because it was too long.

Kayla, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/15, BSGE;

If my group and I had the chance to improve our project, we would alter one specific aspect of each individual product. Firstly, we would shorten the length of the introduction sequence, as it is too long to hold the interests of the viewers. This also applies to the instructions at the beginning of my game. We agreed that the first level of Shahreen’s game was a little too difficult for viewers who have never played the game before. Lalla’s game, although pretty good, could be improved by having a greater variety of levels and difficulties to challenge the player more. Lastly, we agreed that Scott’s game was slightly confusing and did not have a clear objective to the game. We could also add more interactive devices because there was not enough for the player to interact with, causing the game to not hold people’s interests for very long.

Lalla: 6/3/15, 1:17-1:30pm, BSGE

If we could improve our game, we would shorten the introduction and Kayla’s beginning and also make Shahreen’s game less confusing and also make Scott’s game less boring and clearer to play. It didn’t really grab the player’s attention at times and the actual game was so short and confusing, it just lost the player’s interest. Shahreen’s game was wasn’t My game needs to be more challenging as the platform is the same for all levels and also make the bullet for attacking at the same place as the player instead of above its head. Also, Shahreen’s speed for the attackers needs to be slower as it is too challenging at times as well. The enemy would be so fast and random, that sometimes there wasn’t any time at all for the player to attack sometimes.

Scott: 1:20-1:35, 6/3/15. BSGE, Tech: I would work on improving my playability. I would focus on adding more “game” to even out with the instruction. This would cause more interest, and increase the replay amount. It would also keep the player happy and playing a game, instead of sitting there and learning.

I would also like to replay the game, and find any bugs and glitches. Since it was rather long, I was not able to see it that much, and replaying it would help put me at ease. It would also let me fine-comb the details and sort out any difficulties.

Our group would individually work on our projects. We would mostly focus on our instructions and playability, to make it more fun.

Everyone had their own developer logs and recorded each step of their project.

Evaluate:

Reflections:

Shahreen’s Reflection:

In my individual project, I followed through my schedule perfectly. When making the outline of my game, I wrote up a lot of things I wanted to make in my game, but didn’t know how to accomplish at the time.  Therefore, it took me a lot of time when I was actually creating the game. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do something and stared at blocks endlessly. Lalla told me how to make a “lives thing.” I turned it into my own variables and make “Attacks” and “Attacked” as my two variables in my game. I liked how my group and I worked together. We got everything we needed to and we had discussions, too. It helped a lot that the only times we had discussions were when we actually had something to say instead discussing something just for the sake of having a discussion. We all helped each each other out and that was the most successful thing about my group and I.

Everyone made their own reflections.

Use arrow keys to move and click "z" to attack. You cannot move and attack at the same time.

Quadrate remix

by: 20amannar

20amannar is going to create the final level with the final boss level. My main project will be about the Revolutionary war and a George washington adventure. There will be a setting with george washington and a little part of the war and claiming a fort. The last (big) boss will be inside the fort and it will be the british general.

Name

Subject

20amannar

Humanities, Last Level (Boss Fight)

20Sarkera

Physics, Level 2

20Bisht

Math, Level One and Start Page

20Sparakis

chemistry Level 3

Songlist

• Hall of Fame - The Script ft. will.i.am

• Cheerleader - OMI

• You Know You Like It - DJ Snake

• Fun - Pitbull

• Runaway - Galantis

• Overload - Dillon Francis

• Ready Set Go - Royal Tailor

• See you again - Wiz Khalifa

• Ready Aim Fire - Imagine Dragon

Resources

Tools: Computer, Scratch, Search Engines (Google), Creative Commons

Materials: Pictures, sound/music, blocks/scripts, information, spirtes, backdrops, Entire projects if remixed

Location: School, Home, Google hangouts, Google Docs and Google Docs Chat

Time: 12 days

Money: $0

Labor: 20Amannar, 20Bishta, 20Sparakish, 20Sarkera

Task

5/

21

5/

22

5/

23

5/

24

5/

25

5/

26

5/

27

5/

28

5/29

5/

30

5/

31

6/

1

Unavailable

Create member Characters

Create memberCharacters

Create member’s Characters

Create my’s Characters

Create Common Sprites

Animate Level

Animate Level

Animate ]Level

Animate myLevel

Combine Individual Projects

Animate Introduction

Animate Transitions

Animate Success  Ending

Animate Failure Ending

Animate Credits

DL ME 5/22 9:45-10:10

During this period of working I has decided what my  game's goal was and what would happen in the game. I had also thought about character that I will use in the game

DL.  Me .5/25/15 5:00-5:30

I have started to make my sprites and my backdrops. I am browsing the creative commons and tried to find a good picture of George Washington. I need to need to gather the information that I need to include  in include my game

DL me5/26/15

(Time unsure but worked for an hour)

I am starting my animation.  I have begun with a sort of  a story to start the game off. I included a ghoul  and a cat and how the cat is teleported to the game from the story and that's when the game starts in a nice meadow which seems to be amazing but has British soldiers hiding inside. The game will explain the instructions and then the game will start. (Have not programmed the instructions yet)

DL me5/27/15 morning during technology

During my period of work I had realized that all of my work had gotten deleted and I was only left with my backdrops and characters.  I had decided to remix another project instead of continuing my original one. I took the that remixed for homework and decided to continue.

me5/28/15

I have made a new plan for new game and decided what to do. I have made an extra backdrops that will appear before the game starts. This will be like my story but giving information to the player so that he can learn and play. I have made it so that the player cannot play without reading the information.

meSame time as memberabove.

I have followed my plan on top and finished the backdrops and gather the information from my textbook and notes. I had also programmed this backdrops into the game and made come before the other backdrops.

Member

My job is to snip the picture and then copy it to the scratch project so my group members can do the rest of the work and i can relax peacefully.

Member

I will work with Me to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

Me

I will work with Member to import all the scripts from the individual projects and combine them properly in the group project.

MY project

incomplete group project

The Adventures of Danny

by: 20adouiml
The Adventures of Danny

Investigation

Shahreen: I will do a game where historical figures will be the bosses and the player must attack them.

Kayla: I will do a game that asks questions in the form of a race.

Scott: I will do a game about how a bill is passed.

Lalla: I will do a game that is a platformer or a simulation, and will be about battles and important events in the Revolutionary War. The objective will be to win each battle and answer question correctly until you defeat the British. The game will be in third person point of view, obstacles will be the British soldiers and King George II. The game’s chrome will be the characters and battles the player goes through.

Design 

Group:The player will start out in a day at school and fall asleep and then enter the games.

Shahreen: Game Mechanics- Must defeat all bosses, uses a sword. Press “z” to attack.

Objectives- Player goes through 3 different eras and the enemy goes crazy after seeing the player.

Obstacles-There is no leveling up, each boss has a different weapon.

Chrome- The characters will be hand drawn and the bosses will teach the character about themselves.

Kayla: Game Mechanics- There will be true or false questions and the player has to type in the answer.

Objectives- You must beat the other sprite in order to go on to other adventures.

Obstacles- The other sprite will move forward when you answer a question incorrectly.

Chrome-There will be 10-15 questions and no music.

Scott: Game Mechanics-Multiple choice will have to be completed and follow the Constitution.

Objectives- Player is a congressman trying to get a bill passed.

Obstacles-No bosses and no leveling up.

Chrome-Backgrounds will be historic and all learning will be in the game.

Lalla:

Game Mechanics:

Rules- The player must be able to defeat the British soldiers with a sword or a musket (depends on type of battle). Throughout the game the player must answer questions correctly based on history at the beginning of each battle.    

1. Game play- Third person point of view will be used, the player will have a view of the battle and the enemy before it starts. There would be a few seconds to figure out a strategy and answer a question before the battle starts. The soldiers will have 5 lives each, and the player will have 3 lives. To replenish health the player must defeat a certain amount of soldiers in order to gain supplies such as cloths and food. When all 3 lives are gone, then the player must restart the battle, or if they answer the question incorrectly, they lose a life.  

2. User interface- The player will use the right and the left keys to move, the spacebar to attack, the up and down keys to jump and duck. They will also use the “s” key to see their supplies.

Objectives:

1. Story- The story will follow the one of the whole group’s, and the player will now be in the part of his dream in which he is now part of the Revolutionary war.

2. Characters- The player will play a common soldier or farmer (depending on the battle) in the American side of the Revolutionary War. (I will modify the picture and possibly a few others so it is only one soldier.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Armyof the Continental Army.

c.  Levels- Each battle will be one level, there will be three levels or battles. The first one will be the one of Lexington and Concord, then the battle of Saratoga, and finally the battle of Yorktown.

Obstacles:  

1. Bosses- The boss will be general George Cornwallis, and he will appear in the final level, other enemies will include any British soldiers and generals present at these battles.  

2. Puzzles/riddles- On what day did the Battle of Lexington occur? Who was the general of the Continental Army? Where is Yorktown? What was the British looking for in Lexington and Concord? After the battle of Saratoga, which country got involved in the war?  

3. Leveling up- In order to level up, you must have defeated at least ¾ of the British army in each battle. For battle one you must defeat 7 soldiers, in battle two you must defeat 15 soldiers, and in battle three you must defeat 30 soldiers. Also, all questions for each battle/level must be answered correctly.

Chrome:伊爾繪畫英軍進入康科德,並搜索File:Riflemen at Saratoga.jpgOther resolutions: 255 × 240  

1. Graphics/art- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Riflemen_at_Saratoga.jpg http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Plan_of_the_Battle_of_Yorktown_1875.png

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%88%97%E5%85%8B%E6%98%9F%E6%95%A6%E5%92%8C%E5%BA%B7%E7%A7%91%E5%BE%B7%E6%88%98%E5%BD%B9

b. Sound/music- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_BMzqwSdW8 (Yankee Doodle Dandy)

c. Academic content- Besides teaching you about battles, there would also be a little card that pops up and describes what happened, and why. Also, there would be some scattered fun facts about generals and historical conventions.

Plan

Resources:

•  Materials  

• Tools  

• Computer/Laptop  

• Web browser- Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer  

• Scratch.mit.edu  

• Search engine (Google)

• Labor 

• Kayla 

• Lalla  

• Scott 

• Shahreen

• Location 

• Group  members’ own homes 

• Technology classroom 

• The library

• Time: Around 50 hours  

• Money: Nothing ($0.00)

Action Plan:

Task

5/19

5/20

5

/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

Create main character (Danny)

Create Kayla’s characters

Create Shahreen’s characters

Create Scott’s characters

Create Kayla’s background

Create Shahreen’s backgrounds

Create Scott’s backgrounds

Animate Kayla’s game

Animate Shahreen’s game

Animate Lalla’s game

Animate Scott’s game

Create introduction sequence

Create end credits

Import and link all games

Kayla

Lalla

Shahreen

Scott

Create

Developer Logs:

Lalla:

Developer’s Log #1,5/20/15 3:30-4:00 pm. my house

Today I made the main character Danny. At first I was going to use sketchpad.io to draw him, but then I found this website that was really helpful in creating pixeart. It allowed me to draw each pixel one by one. Although it was time consuming, it was much easier to draw. The website was called makepixelart.com

Developer's Log #2,5/21/15 1:30-2:00 pm, BSGE

Today, I tried to start making my soldiers for each battles. I was going to draw one, and then just copy that since I was going to make all of the soldiers look exactly the same. I started to have trouble drawing it because I wasn’t able to picture what the soldier would look like and how I would draw it. To fix this problem, I would just copy Danny, and then change a few characteristics of him to make it a British soldier.

Developer’s Log #3: 5/21/15, 5:30-6:00 pm, My house

Since I had some free time, I decided to make my British soldiers. I did this using an app that I had downloaded called pixel touch. This was similar to makepixelart.com, but much more efficient. I had decided against editing the soldiers from a picture I found because, I wanted to be able to be more creative with it, and also, instead of having the a whole army on the american side, I wanted it just to be only Danny as it would make the coding easier.

Developer’s Log #4: 5/23/15, 2:00pm-4:00pm, My house

Today I started my project, and was able to start working on level one. I’m going to use the same platform for each level because it would save me time and also I don’t want to have to program a whole different platform each time I make a level. There weren’t any problems today, all I did was make the first flash cards, the first few sprites and the platforms for the first level.

Developer’s Log #5: 5/24/15, 1:00pm-4:00pm, My house

I started the coding in order to make Danny move and didn’t have any time to do anything else for the project. Although I dreamed a little bit about the coding, dreaming it and doing it are two different things. Getting Danny to move and change costume was a bit easy, but the hardest part is getting the platform to be “solid”. No matter what, Danny would just pass through the platform like a ghost. To solve this problem, I think I am going to look at other platformer scripts and try to mimic how they made their platform solid.

Developer’s Log #6: 5/25/15, 11:00am-1:00pm, My house

I am still at the same level and problem I was at yesterday. Some scripts of Danny’s got deleted, so now he won’t even attack. The only progress I made was being able to semi make the platform, and I did that by mimicking a script from the game “quadrate”. At this point, I think I may remix the game “quadrate”. I may need an extra day or two in order to finish the project. I decided to not include any music in my game because it was getting a bit annoying when I was testing it, also I changed some of the questions I was using because, I decided to make some of them true or false in order to avoid any spelling mistakes also I tried to make some of them harder. I didn’t use the general question, the where is yorktown question, and the thing that the british were looking for question.

Developer’s Log #7: 1:20-2:00pm,5/26/15 BSGE

Today I was able to fix my problem of making the platform solid. I did this by copying a script from the game quadrate. Now everything for Danny and the platform is working, all I have to do is make the platform part of a background, then I can work on the British soldier scripts. I think I will be able to finish by Thursday and then I could link my game to the other games from my group. So far, there are no other problems.

Developer’s Log #8: 3:30- 8:00pm, 5/27/15, My house

Today, the scripts to make Danny move isn’t working and so I had to copy another script from the game, Multiplayer game, server #1. After that, I was able to finish all of the scripts for Danny and start working on the British soldiers. This caused another problem, as at first I tried to clone them, but that didn’t work, then I tried to use scripts from other games with enemies, but that also failed. After an hour of this, I game across the game How to Make Enemies move on a Scrolling Game, and from this I was able to figure out a simple solution to the problem. I used the glide button, and I duplicated the soldier. Due to this, I reduced the number of soldiers in the game, the game will start out with 5 soldiers, and then keep increasing by 5 at each level. Due to the fact that there were some glitches, I also changed how you win the game. Now, you must kill all soldiers present at each level, and then reach a portal to advance. This made a lot of the programing easier and also I was able to use the idea of “bullets” to kill the soldiers. I got the bullets from the game quadrate. I am very close to finishing the game, all I have to do is program the rest of the sprites.

Developer’s Log #9: 11am- 2:00pm, 5/30/15, my houseI was able to finish the project today and make sure that everything was in place. I was also able to link my project to my group’s. In finishing my project I completed all of the programing for the soldiers and then make sure that it worked properly. There were glitches at times, but other than that, everything else was completely fine.

Kayla: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00- I was able to start on my backgrounds and blocks today. 

Developer’s Log #2, 5:00 pm- 7:30 pm, Kayla’s Home: I finished the intro sequence and had some trouble in broadcasting, which I finished. Developer’s Log #3, 1:30 pm-2:00 pm, Technology Class: I was able to get a lot done and I think I will finish on Thursday or Wednesday. 

Developer’s Log #4, 7:00 pm- 10:00 pm, Kayla’s Home: Today I finished my project.

Shahreen: Developer Log #1, 1:30-2:00- I worked on my backgrounds and was able to finish some blocks.

Developer’s Log #2, 1:30-7:00,  Shahreen’s house- I finished my project and had some problems with the player’s attacks, which I fixed.

Developer’s Log #3, 1:20-1:55, BSGE, Technology class.I created the end sequence.

Scott: Developer Log Numero Uno: 1:30-2:00- I adapted Danny into a congressman.

Developer Log #2: 5:00-7:30, Home: I finished multiple scripts and worked for 2.5 hours.

Developers Log #3, 1:20-1:55- I added backgrounds and created 2 scripts.

Developer Log # 4, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 5/31/15, Home-I linked my game to my group’s

Group Logs:

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group discussed what we were going to do.

My group and I talked about what we wanted to include in our game.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE

Scott: 1:30-2:00, 5/19/15, BSGE, Tech: We worked on our overall plan and strategy.

Shahreen: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, my group and I did a project plan that was a gantt plan.

Kayla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, Tech Room;

Today, my group and I completed a gantt table that allowed us to plan when specific parts of the project would be completed. We were able to figure out any difficulties.

Lalla: 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE

Scott, 1:30-2:00, 5/21/15, BSGE, Tech: Today in Tech, we created a Gantt chart.

Shahreen: 1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE, Tech. Today, some of my group members worked on their projects. I worked on my group developer logs and helping Kayla connects her games.

Kayla, 1:30 pm- 2:00 pm, 5/28/15

Today, Shahreen and Lalla worked with me to link my project to Shahreen’s.

Lalla:1:20-2:00, 5/28/15, BSGE:

Scott: 1:45-2:00, BSGE, My computer experienced technical difficulties, and had a hard time loading scratch.

Developer’s  Log Plan For Improvement

Kayla, 1:17-1:30, 6/3/15, BSGE;

If my group and I had the chance to improve our project, we would shorten the length of the introduction sequence,the first level of Shahreen’s game was a little too difficult. Lalla’s game could be improved by having a greater variety of levels and difficulties. Scott’s game was slightly confusing and did not have a clear objective to the game.

Lalla: 6/3/15, 1:17-1:30pm, BSGE

Scott: 1:20-1:35, 6/3/15. BSGE, Tech: I would work on improving my playability. I would focus on adding more “game” to even out with the instruction.

For Further Information on group members: Kayla- 20powersk, Shahreen-20haques, Scott- 20sigels *This is their Youthvoices account username*

Group project:

My Project:

Golden Adventures

by: 20uniar

Investigate
Game Proposal~
Rushaid: Humanities Questions, 8 different questions of increasing difficulty. Goal is to reach the treasure chest. The questioning takes place in the desert.
Chloe: Spanish questions, most likely asking to translate Spanish words into English, out of the mouth of a ghoul. There will be most likely 4 questions as this is level 1 of the group game. They will be of increasing difficulty. If you answer them all correctly, then you will be able to reach the key get on to the next level. If there is a wrong answer, however, you will get eaten by the ghoul and game over.
Jasmine: Math Questions, 6 different questions of increasing difficulty. Goal is to reach the key for the next level. The questioning takes place in the jungle.

Group:
Game Chrome:
Level 1~ Underground labyrinth...Chloe
Level 2~ Jungle...Jasmine
Level 3~ Desert...Rushaid
Game Objective: Reach the final treasure, gold. For each level, reach the key.
Game Mechanic: Third-person
Game Obstacles: Academic problems- math (lion),humanities(mummy), and Spanish (ghoul and dragon)

Design
Game Mechanic
1.Rules ~If you answer the question incorrectly, you start over from the beginning of the level.
~If the question is multiple choice, type the letter of your choice in the answer box, not capitalized.
~The answers to math questions must only be in numbers and not include units.
2.Game Play/ Game Engine
~There are three levels to the game and the player must answer an increasing number of questions for each level. At the end of each level, there is a key to get to the next level. At the very end of the game, the grand prize would be a huge treasure chest of gold. This gold will replace the gold that robbers stole from him. The questions will be about history, math, and Spanish and each correct answer will lead them to the next question.
3.User Interface
~The user won’t have to use any keys to play the game because the game will just either restart automatically from the same level, or the player will just continue on in the game when she answers a question correctly. Therefore, only the “Move to” blocks will be used to move the character.

Objectives
1.Story
~There is a rich lady who is living on an island in the middle of nowhere until on one rainy night, she wakes up and finds out that she is robbed. There is a note and a map next to her bed and says, “If you want to find all this precious gold of yours you must look at the map given to you below”! Inside the map there are three stages included which are: Underground labyrinth, Jungle, and the Desert.
2. Character
~The main character is a rich lady who is trying to get back her precious gold and in the first level he is intercepted by a sphinx than in the next level she is intercepted by a lion and then the last level she will be intercepted by mummies/zombies.
3. Levels
~The first level will be about spanish and the obstacle will be the great great ghoul and dragon. It will have 4 questions.
~The second level will be about math and the obstacle will be monsters. It will have 6 questions.
~The third level will be about science and the obstacle will be mummies/zombies. It will have 8 questions.

Game Obstacles:
1. Bosses
~There are no bosses in our game.
2. Puzzles/ Riddles
~Rushaid: The questions would be asked from the mouth of a Mummy. They involve science and will be one word answers. It will be questions that have to do with the American Revolution and our Government.
~Chloe: The questions would be asked from the mouth of a ghoul and dragon. They involve Spanish. The first two would be asked in English, requiring an answer in Spanish. A possible question could be: Where would people most likely go to pray? The questions would be multiple choice. The last two would be asked in Spanish, requiring an answer in English. A possible question could be translating a Spanish sentence to English. The question would also be multiple choice. There would be a 1 minute limit for each.
~Jasmine: The questions will be asked from the mouth of a lion. They involve math and won't be multiple choice. Some concepts included are area, squares, equations, etc. Answers would have to be written in number format.
3. Leveling up
~After answering all of the questions of a level, the main character will reach the key. The key will transport the character to the next level. At the final level, level 3, the character will reach the gold that the robber has taken. The game ends at that.

Game Chrome:
1.Graphics/Art
~Backdrops from Scratch and Storyboardthat, Characters from Scratch
2. Sound/Music
~Sound Effects from Scratch
3. Academic Content
~There will be no additional academic content aside from our questions individual games, as mentioned above.

Plan
Resources
Materials
~ Sprite lady from Scratch library
~Sprite thief in black from Scratch library
~ Sprite ghoul from Scratch library
~ Sprite lion from Scratch library
~ Sprite mummy from Scratch library
~ Backdrop bedroom from storyboardthat
~ Backdrop desert from Scratch library
~ Backdrop jungle from storyboardthat
~ Backdrop underground from storyboardthat
~ Blocks

Tools
~ scratch.mit.edu storyboardthat.com
~ Website
~Browsers
~ Computer

Labor
~ Rushaid - Level 3, Credits, Sprites
~ Chloe - Level 1, Transitions, Backdrops, Sound Effects
~ Jasmine - Level 2, Introduction

Location
~ Everyone’s house
~ School

Time
~ From tomorrow to June 1st

Money
~ $0

Gantt Chart:

Jobs

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Rushaid’s Sprite

Create Chloe’s Sprite

Create Jasmine’s Sprite

Create Treasure Sprite

Animate Rushaid’s level

Animate Chloe’s level

Animate Jasmine’s level

Create Intro Sprites

Create Credits Roll

Create Intro Backdrop

Create Rushaid’s Backdrop

Create Chloe’s Backdrop

Create Jasmine’s Backdrop

Animate Intro

Import all Levels

Connect all Levels

Add Rushaid’s Sound

Add Chloe’s Sound

Add Jasmine’s Sound

Add Group Sounds

Instructions & Credit

Chloe

Jasmine

Rushaid

Developer’s Log #1:

Rushaid~ 5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE

We were discussing about how we would connect it all after we were done. Today I was trying to find a good animation which I could remix for my part of the project and I spent at least 25 mins searching for one until I realized that there was no use. In the process my group members were also looking for some remixes and sharing them with each other in order to see if the other found it useful. I decided to start off by making my own animation and got my main sprite and my main backdrop ready so I could use them which is what I was supposed to do according to my Gantt chart. Similarly my partners decided to do the same by starting off from scratch. Also, I didn’t send the intro sprites to my group members so I did it today so they could start using them for tomorrow.

Chloe~ 5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE.

We were all in the same place, discussing what our roles would be in the project. We also created our Gantt chart, assigning dates so that everything would logically be in order. After that, helping each other, we started on our individual animations. I followed the gantt chart and found a Sprite, and a backdrop. I also started the animation, by the teeniest bit. I had hoped to start more of the animation, but was only able to “set the stage” such as setting where the Sprites were, etc. I will be working on the animation for the next 2 days.

Jasmine~5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE.

I followed the Gantt chart, but I wasn’t really that productive because I only got a few sprites and a backdrop. The entire group was in the same place, but we worked on our individual projects. I didn’t start any of the actual animating yet, just preparing and setting it up. Something I had difficulty doing at first was properly importing the backdrop because Scratch wouldn’t process it. I eventually got it to work because I downloaded it as a high-resolution storyboard.

Developer’s Log #2:

Rushaid~ 5/23 1:00- 2:00 PM Home

I didn’t have time to start my scratch project from yesterday which I was supposed to according to my Gantt chart, but instead I started it today. I was able to get ⅝ of my questions done which is a really good amount considering that I didn’t do any work yesterday. I didn’t have any difficulties at all which was pretty surprising for me because I thought I might have trouble moving around all the blocks and sprites, but I was luckily able to go by in a breeze.     

Chloe~ 5/21. 7:30- 8:00. Home.

Following the Gantt chart, I continued working on my individual animation. I was created a total of 4 more Sprites, and finished asking the first question. One of the problems that came up was that I couldn’t get the ‘ask’ block to work. Therefore, I ended up using a multiple choice format, where all the choices were Sprites and the user would simply click on the choice they believe is right. I have to finish the animation in the next days.

Jasmine~ 5/21. 7:40-8:10. Home

I continued from where I left off in class and finished two questions and responses in my individual project. I created two sprites in total. Something that I had trouble with was getting it to save because of my internet connection. Also, I didn’t know how to put my blocks together properly so that it wouldn’t glitch. Eventually, I found out the best way to set out my blocks and my project eventually saved.

Developer’s Log #3

Rushaid~ 5/24 1:30- 2:00 PM. Home

Following my Gantt chart, as planned today was the day I would finish my animation which was pretty easy since all I had was 3 questions left. Again this was easy for me since I could just use similar blocks to the ones I used before so I won’t have to waste any unnecessary time. After finishing within 20 mins I decided to revise my whole project all over again to see if there were any mistakes. After doing this I sent a message asking them for their credits if they had any so I could add the credit roll at the end of my project.

Chloe~ 5/22. 8:45-9:15. Home

Following the Gantt chart, I kept working on my individual project. I finished the second question, and found it much easier than doing the first question, as now the blocks all went in the same format, so i mostly just had to change the questions and broadcasts. At first, I wanted to make 4 new Sprites as answer choices for every single question, until I realized that it would be too much unnecessary work. I ended up just using the original 4 Sprites and simply changed their costumes. Tomorrow I will finish the game by completing the final questions and adding any sound effects necessary.

Jasmine~5/22. 10:30-11:00. Home

I’m ahead of schedule, according to the Gantt chart. I continued working on my individual project and ended up finishing the rest of it. I found it a lot easier than when I first started creating my project because I finally got myself accustomed to the blocks and ended up duplicating a lot and editing them. I didn’t really have any problems, except for getting the key at the end of the level to transition in nicely. I did so by adding a “fairytale” sound effect. Overall, my work today was productive. I was one day ahead of schedule.

Developer’s Log #4

Rushaid ~ 5/25. 7:00-7:15 PM  Home

Since my fellow partners did not have any credits I added in my credits and all of our names by creating a credit roll at the end of my project as my last backdrop. I was supposed to create my credit roll yesterday, but everything was delayed by 1 day so ended up doing it today. Also, according to my Gantt chart I was supposed to add my sounds, but I was able to add the sounds along the way of my animation which makes it necessary now to add more sounds.

Chloe~ 5/23. 12:00-1:00. Home

Following the Gantt chart, I continued and finished working on my individual project. I went around the animation fixing things and adding sound effects. Then, when I played the animation, everything was mixed up and out of order! I couldn’t figure out what I messed up on, so I looked through every block and finally figured out that one of the broadcast blocks was out of place. I finished just on schedule.

Jasmine~ 5/26. 7:30-8:05. Home.

Today, I followed the Gantt chart and did the intro for our group project and did it pretty successfully to help show our whole storyline and why the main character needed to answer all of these questions. I made sure to include the robber to properly introduce the animation. The only problem I had was that all of the blocks and sprites were a little confusing because there were too many of them, especially after it was imported into the group project. I wasn’t familiar with what they meant so I had to spend some time working on understanding what all of the blocks did. After that, I finished it and helped to connect it to the first level. I am right on schedule. I am officially done, however I may help edit it later on.

Developer’s Log #5

Rushaid~ 5/26 1:15-2:00. School

Today our group was very productive because as I was  working on my credits for the group and I was able to finish it. We were looking at each others projects trying to help each other by giving helpful advice and pros/cons. Jasmine was trying to add her final touches while Chloe was trying to import all of our projects by making a basic outline. All we have left is Jasmine's intro the project and waiting to import all our projects together.

Jasmine~ 5/26. 1:15-2:00. School.

Today was very productive for me. Even though I already finished  my individual project, I continued to edit it with sounds and better dialogue. I helped and gave advice to Chloe with the backpack options. I didn’t really have any problems because it was really just simple editing. Something that was annoying was that I had to keep on going back and forth with my animation. I didn’t have any actual problems, so there wasn’t much to study.

Chloe~ 5/26. 1:15 - 2:00. School.

Today our group worked together, looking over each other’s animations. We gave advice on how to edit the animations to make them better. I started importing the levels and connecting them. One of the problems that I faced was that I couldn’t import backdrops from individual animations to the group one. This was solved by saving every backdrop to local file and uploading it that way. I was able to import the first level and make it work out. I will finish importing and connecting other levels at home tonight.

Developer’s Log #6

Chloe~ 5/26. 4:30-4:55. Home.

Following the Gantt chart, I imported all the levels today. One of the problems that I encountered was that some of our broadcasts were the same. Therefore, the whole sequence would mess up. I had to change the broadcasts and receiving blocks to make everything flow. I’m slightly ahead of schedule, as I’m supposed to start connecting on the next class but started connecting all the levels today. The remaining parts of my job is to add sound effects and finish connecting all levels. I will complete this next class.

Rushaid ~ 5/25. 7:30-7:40 PM  Home

I was supposed to do the Instructions and Credits for our group scratch project on the viewing page where everyone watches the animation, but I did it one day earlier than what was said on the Gantt chart since I had free time. I took all of our instructions and put it in the Instruction section and then put in all of our credits in the credits section which only took me about 10 mins.

Developer’s Log #7

Rushaid~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

We followed the Gantt chart and waited for Chloe to finish connecting and importing all the levels together. After she finished connecting them all together we watched the whole thing play through together and together started editing each others projects. There were a few errors in mine that they pointed out so I went back and fixed them as now my individual project is officially complete. We also finished our group project and I just need to add the instructions and credits on the cover page to make sure the viewers know what they are doing.

Chloe~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

Following the Gantt chart, today our group finished our group animation. We added sound effects and looked over everything together. We made edits to blocks and Sprites that were necessary. I added sound effects and finished up connecting all of the levels, so that it would make sense. There weren’t really any problems, as we mostly finished already and were just editing today.

Jasmine~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

We followed the Gantt chart and finished our animations. I helped Chloe mostly with connecting all levels and fixing typos, as well as importing all of Rushaid’s backdrops. We worked mostly as a group about how to properly finish it off. We didn’t encounter any significant problems.

Developer’s Log #8: Plan for Improvement

Rushaid~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School.

If we had a chance to improve our project, our priorities would be to maybe make our levels a bit more difficult since the questions were a bit too easy and the answers were pretty easy. Also, maybe we could have made our games a bit more fun and creative since in all of our levels, the viewer mostly could answer the questions and nothing else. Maybe they could have interacted with the game a bit more or maybe we could have used the arrow keys a bit more efficiently so the viewer could maybe move around the sprite. Last of all I would add more lives since it’s a bit annoying starting from the beginning of the questions, but just get another chance for the question you got wrong.

Chloe~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School.

If we had a chance to improve our project, our priorities would be in fixing some of the features to make them better. One of the first things we would fix would be the user interface. In our game, we only needed arrow keys in Rushaid’s level, or the last level. It would be more fun for the player if there were arrow keys used in every level. Another thing I would want to fix would be our story plot. Our story plot is pretty unrealistic and somewhat illogical. For instance, we allowed the game to restart after game over without some kind of explanation. Therefore, I would add lives in our game, so that restarting at the beginning of a level after dying would make more sense.

Jasmine~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School

If we had a chance to improve our project, our priorities would be maybe adding and fixing some parts to make it more challenging for the user. We could add in some arrow keys so that the user could use it to move around. Also, I could add more creativity or more interesting details and dialogue to accompany the storyline. Also, we might have made the flow between each level too choppy. It may have been better to add another backdrop to act as a transition slide.

Rushaid’s Reflection:

1. In my individual project, I think that the best part that I did was by keeping all the blocks very organized so if something went wrong I wouldn’t have to go on a scavenger hunt for it. After doing my first question which took about 30 mins to figure out the rest of the questions became very easy since I just used my first questions blocks.

2. I think that maybe by putting more time on it I could have done a better job by using the arrow keys for every question instead of only for the gold treasure so that the viewer could interact even more with the game and make it more fun than before.

3. I was able to make the credits for my group which I put in my individual project so it could be imported directly to the final part. Also, I was able to create the intro sprites so the rest of my group members could use them. Not just this, but I added the instructions and credits to the front page of our group project.

4. Since our projects are kind of very different, we could have maybe discussed more to make it more alike since the type of answers and the way the sprites move are very different than each others. Next time we could ask each other to make it better flowing.

5. Jasmine was the first one out of the three of us and the first in the class to finish which was really good since it shows that she is ready to work and is serious about her project, It also shows that she won’t leave anything for the last minute and is striving for good grades.Not just this but when Chloe needed help, Jasmine was there to help her when she needed it. Even though Chloe was the last of us to finish, she spent the most time on her individual project out of all of us trying to make it the best of her capability. At a time she messed up her blocks which made her start over again, but she rarely complained about this and kept going towards her goal until she finished. The way her project flowed was the best out of ours.

6. Something Chloe could have done better was at the time of importing all of our projects. She kind of complained too much because of all the sprites and backdrops. Especially when she saw my credits she wanted me to make a new one in the group project, but she didn’t realize that it would be easier to import it from my project. Something Jasmine could have done better was to maybe make her project a little more creative and complex since I think her project was a bit too simple. She could have maybe made the viewer interact with the animation more since all they had to do was answer some questions.

Group Members:
Jasmine ~ http://youthvoices.net/users/20shumj
Chloe ~ http://youthvoices.net/users/20panj

Group Animation:   <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/64232306/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

Rushaid's Animation: <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63392166/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

Become a Mathematician

by: 20wuc

Investigate

Group Name: ScratchGameTeam

Password: gamers

Manaswi: Physics

Bianca: Geometry

Christie

Game Mechanics:

Rules- Get through the game with enough knowledge points to unlock the next level.

Game play-

User Interface/Game Controls- Space= shoot to overcome boss, left arrow key= move left, right arrow= move right, up arrow key= jump

Objective: The main character has to score at least 75 knowledge points out of a total of 100 and not lose all it knowledge saves.

Characters- 1 boy/girl with black hair and is holding a book.

Levels- 1rst level

Obstacles:

Leveling up- Each correct answer will let you continue on with the game, each final question(s) about the unit will take you into the next level.

Chrome:

Art/Graphics: Sprites and backgrounds will all come from Scratch or be hand-drawn.

Sound/Music/Sound Effects- Background music will come from Scratch

Group

Game Mechanics:

Rules-

Game play-

User Interface/Game Controls-

Obstacles:

Chrome:

Sound/Music/Sound Effects-

Plan -

Resources:

Materials -

Location - School, Google Hangouts

Time - 12 days

Money - $0

Labor -

Manaswi Mancha

Bianca

Christie

Action Plan:

Manaswi Mancha

Bianca

Christie

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/310

5/3

11

6/1

12

Unavailable

Main Character

Enemy Sprite

Combine 2nd and 3rd Scripts

Create

Group Log: 5/22 9:45-10:15 BSGE

Manaswi Mancha

Bianca

The workload organization

how we should do our jobs

Christie

Group Log: 5/22 2:10-2:45 BSGE:

Manaswi Mancha:

Bianca:

Christie

Christie’s Log: 5/27 9:50-10:25 BSGE

I took out my computer and started becoming focused on the task in front of me to do -- continuing with my individual project. However, since the internet was slow today, I didn’t get much farther than discussing with my group where the main character sprite was, and replaying my game a few times to be familiar with it again. I also discussed with another fellow classmate the progress my game was going along, and he suggested to me another style of programming I might be interested to delve deeper into next time, one that allowed my sprite to jump without having to touch a color that allowed it to. I may have to continue with my project a bit more at home, to keep up my good work, and to ensure that I won’t fall off schedule.

Christie’s Log: 5/29 9:50-10:15 BSGE

I explained my problems to Shantanu about my not working main character sprite. I asked him whether it would affect my grade if it could be a different costume than what it was meant to be. He agreed, but told me that I had to explain my change with precision inside my developer’s logs. I couldn’t use the intended main character sprite because my game had a bug or was glitchy, since it couldn’t get past the first backdrop. I  checked all my blocks, and asked Shantanu for confirmation. With the intended main character sprite, it would get stuck at the edge of the backdrop when it should then change to the second one; instead, with my new costume of a blue box, it could get past all my backdrops without difficulty. I also couldn’t program my enemies to hurt my main character, so I ended up saying that they were “harmless.” Therefore, the lives were gone and so were the education points.

Christie’s Log: 5/31 11:30-6:00 Home

I spent the whole day procrastinating and finally adding my questions with some finishing touches. Tomorrow will be the day to combine all the scripts to create the completed group project. I feel pretty optimistic about it, since it’s just one last day until this project will be finally finished. I’m pretty ahead of my Gantt chart as well, since I finished my project ahead of when I thought I would be able to.

Group Log: 6/1 2:15-2:20 BSGE

Manaswi

Bianca

Christie

Christie’s Log: 6/1 4:30-8:30 Home

I hardly expected combining the games to be so difficult. I think it took me so long because I was unfamiliar with the foreign game my friend contributed to the group project, the only other game since Manaswi didn’t contribute at all. I had to fiddle around with the blocks to make them all fit. Added to the fact that I wasted my first 30 minutes frustratingly wondering why I couldn’t backpack the backdrops, until Bianca told me I had to download them first. My new roles were to combine the title page to the first game and the first game to the second game. I didn’t know which backgrounds were which, since I renamed them when importing them to the new group account. After around 4 hours, I finally got the hang of it, though the second project’s enemies could now no longer be seen. I discussed this with Bianca, and she agreed a compromise could be made about her enemy sprites since they couldn’t be programmed to work properly anymore.

Evaluate

Christie’s Individual Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63612374/

The strengths I can highlight in my group product is my individual project and the effort I spent to combine both games with the title together. I could improve my group work by adding enemies and sound effects.

Group Log: 6/5 10:10-10:25 BSGE

Improvement Plans:

Manaswi Mancha

My priorities are to

Bianca

My priorities are to make the music more specific to the energy. And make the enemies and lives work.

Christie

My priorities are to add more chrome.

Here's my individual contribution:

Here's my group's contibution:

The Laskovian Challenge

by: 20azmals

Sharupa: My game is about science and the different branches. The player will be asked questions and be part of many of the objective is to complete all the missions to stop King Lasko’s evil plans to destroy Laskoville.. Some of them will be multiple choice. Others will be figuring out the answers. This will encourage people to try to get questions right. The increasing level of difficulty will be that you will get more questions your critical thinking ability. The objective of the game is to make players learn stuff relating to science. This is not going to be a multi player game. The chrome will be the story based on the game. The obstacles are really difficult questions that test your critical thinking skills and also you have to get past some real life obstacles that help you in life.   

There are other people in my group which are Raj, Abby, and Rachel. Raj's game was based on math. He did a game that was a zombie invasion and it was that they had to defeat the zombies by answering math questions and by defeating the zombies you can get to the treasure. Rachel's game is based on geography. There are many different questions related to geogrphy. In her game she asks questions about the geography about different places as well as the history of them as well. In Abby's game she is focussing on the aspects of spanish. So her game is based on Wonderland and everything that is in the game helps you learn spanish as well as tests you on what you have learned from each lesson of spanish that you have read. 

Game Design - Sharupa

Part I  - Game Mechanics

A. Rules: You can’t use any knowledge from the internet or from any notes. This is a test of your own knowledge about science. Only for some questions you are allowed to use some information. Also you have to get all of the questions right in order to get onto harder missions.

B.Game Play/Engine: You are going to get a missions to stop King Lasko who is doing evil in his kingdom.     

C. User Interface: The person playing the game is going to to have to have to use all of the keys on the keyboard. If not all at least some since there are a variety of questions that could be asked such as multiple choice and critical thinking questions.

Part II - Objectives

A. Story: You are in the kingdom of King Lasko. His kingdom is called Laskoville. You are one of the smartest people and in secret you’re a secret agent but no one else knows that other than you. You live in a mansion and have everything you want. A ton of weird stuff is happening in King Lasko’s kingdom so you get missions to stop all the corrupt stuff happening to help the people. So you have to stop him doing evil by accomplishing all the missions successfully.

B. Characters

• King Lasko who is the ruler of Laskoville. (corrupt)

• The player aka the amazing secret agent

C. Levels: Each mission is like a game level. If you complete one mission you go onto the next one which is harder than the last mission. Each mission will start out easy and will become harder.

Part III - Obstacles

A. Bosses(?) : The boss that you have to defeat is the evil King Lasko and he will be asking you questions. You will have to answer the questions he asks you and they will be all critical thinking questions related to science. He will sometimes come in disguises but you won’t be able to recognize him unless he conveys his thoughts.

B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will be no riddles since I don’t know any science riddles relating to science.

C. Leveling Up: Every time you answer a specific amount of questions for each mission you move onto the next mission which is considered another level if you think about it.

Part IV - Chrome

A. Graphics/ Art: The backgrounds such as the places where the missions will take place. I will probably upload some of the backgrounds but most likely they will be from Scratch. The characters will probably be from Scratch as well. so there really isn’t going to be that many cool looking graphics.

B. Sound/Music: Whenever the player gets  question right there is going to be a sound. If they get a question wrong there will be another sound. There will be a ton of different music playing to give the player motivation.

C. Academic Content: So by answering the questions related to chemistry and physics and other stuff related to science people playing this game will gain a better understanding of the different branches of science. These questions will be related to many aspects of our everyday lives and how science is related to them.
In Raj's game the rules were to only get as many questions right as possible. The story behind this game is that a town has lost everything they had that was considered precious to them to zombies and now the player which i a boy will have to answer math questioons in order to gain the treasure back. The characters in this game are the mayor, the zombies, and the boy who is the player in this game. There are 3 levels in this game and the third level will be the hardest to complete. The obstacles are the zombies. There are only going to be two backgrounds in his game. There is no music in his game and the academic content in his game is only math and pre algebra questions. In Rachel's game the rule was to try to answer all the questions correctly. The story basis was that there is a war in Europe between Germany and Russia and your on the Russian side so now your knowledge of geography will determine which side will win the war. The player is the russian general and the the other character is the german general. There will be levels in her game. There will be many different sounds and the academic content is geography. In Abby's game the rule is that you can't get help from any outside source. Her game is basically wonderland except that it is played in spanish. There are characters from Wonderland included in her game. Like there is a lot and I'm too lazy to name all of them. She has no levels. This game is bascially an adaventure and along the way there are obstacles you have to overcome.

Sharupa: Individual Developers Log #1 5/20/15 Home(5:00 pm -6:30 pm)

I got a head start on my project. So today all I had to do was create enemy sprites, create the main player and create backgrounds. Everything was pretty easy to do. All of the sprites were from Scratch so it really didn't take me long to organize them. The main player sprite was easy to get. I didn't have any enemy sprites really. That was a change of plans. I actually really didn't have any enemy sprites to even make. The only enemies were the questions. There are other sprites but they are used for the questions that are being asked. Otherwise you can say I had a change of plans for my project. This is why I think it will suck since it has no enemy sprites. I don't think having enemy sprites is important since it's really about the questions. But anyhow  the backgrounds were easy to do as well. Except my title sequence since that required so much editing and designing. I took at least an hour for that since I kept on making mistakes and I had to keep on adjusting it. That is what I did for the first day of my project.

Sharupa individual Developers Log #2 5/21 at school from 1:30 pm-2:00pm

The group didn’t work together. instead we did our own projects in our individuals accounts. I had already completed the first part of my project at home according to the schedule of my gantt chart. Now today was suppose to be my free day. But since I'm in class I have to complete something so as a result I started working on the scripts. The first thing that came into my mind was the title sequence. So I started working on that. It was tough at first since I had no idea what I was doing for the first 15 minutes. Then I finally figured out something so for the remaining 15 minutes I made the title sequence. Even though I didn't complete that much work I still have a head start at least.

Sharupa individual Developers Log # 3  5/23/15 (5:00 pm- 7:00 pm) home

Today I was working all alone as you can see. Since I had a head start now came the big obstacle for me which was to write the script for all my characters. So far for Isabella Bond the main character it was easy so far. The introduction to the game and such. After creating her introduction I created the introduction for King Lasko. That was also easy as well. Then I had to guide Isabella to her first mission. Now this part was the most tiresome. I had to come up with questions related to science and to tell you the truth science isn't my best subject. So coming up with the questions took me an hour and thirty minutes just for that one mission. I had to look at my notes for science and come up with questions. It was muy muy muy tiresome. At least 2/5 of my project is complete. That the good part. I didn't have any other issues other than getting tired and really hungry.

Sharupa  individual Developers log # 4 May 24, 2015 (5:49 pm - 7:34 pm)

Today I finished the second and third mission for my animation. The obstacles I had once again were trying to comeuppance with questions for my animation. I also had the issue of not recognizing how to make some of them hard. I thought with each mission the questions would get harder. To tell you the truth they didn't. All the different questions got mixed up. So now there really aren't any levels. He he he looks like my big plan for this game is looking like a failure. But to fix up my issue of question making I just looked back at my science notes. Even though this game is not going the way I planned I still think it will be alright.

Sharupa individual developers logs #4 5/25/15 (4:30 pm - 6:25 pm)

Today I got my project finished on time. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! During the last mission there was some drama I put on there since I didn’t want it to become really boring. Plus I was getting tired of making this so I wanted some entertainment. The same issue came up again which was coming up with questions. Once again to solve that issue I looked back at my notes. My project works perfectly and I am very confident it will get a good grade.  And all that work just made me hungry for pizza again. Plus not to mention the fact that it was so tiresome and boring to me to do this project. Since I am not your science person you know.

Sharupa: Developers Log # 5/26/15 Tech Room 1:15-2:00

Once again our group worked on our individual projects again. I was like the only one who finished my project so as a result I just looked it over to make sure it was perfect. I was also very talkative so for me it was a very unproductive period.  But I was done. I just made a couple of edits and at the same time as well. One of them was like changing one of the questions to incorporate a sprite. Also I helped some of my group members as well like telling someone how they can get rid of the white background from their character from storyboard that. We didn't have a group discussion today but I tried to help others with their projects at the most. There weren't any issues today for me so I was all good.

Group Developers Log #1 5/28/15 Tech Room, School BSGE 1:20 P.M.-2:00 P.M.   

Sharupa:

In the today’s group meeting we were busy remaking our group account since we forgot the password to our old one. We still continued working on our individual projects but at the same we started connected our projects. I started working on the credit rolls by making the backgrounds. I finished all of most of them now and basically I am done with the credit rolls. Now I won't have to do it on the 29th which is tomorrow . Looks like a ton of relaxing time for me don't you think.

Abby: In today’s meeting, things were chaos and busy. We are so very behind schedule because things are running late. However we sorted things out partially. Afterwards we went into doing our individual project and we scheduled other meetings where we will actually work on the project.

Rachel R: During today’s session, our group had forgotten our password and we went through about 10 minutes of arguing so in the end, we just decided to make a new account, with a new password and username. After I finished this, I still had some time left so I spent it on working on my individual project.

Raj: In today’s meeting, it was chaos and everything was so disorganized. In this group session, I worked on the beginning scenes for my group project. In other words, I worked on the beginning part of my group’s project where all of our game’s names are shown and the player has to click on one of our games so that they can start playing it.      

Group Developer’s Log #2 - May 31, 2015 - Each Of Our Homes - 1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.  

Sharupa: Today, we all met as a group and didn’t work on our individual projects. Today, we each checked over all of the other group members’ projects. I believe that everyone did a really nice job and I think that we can all do well on this project. Though, we aren’t so great as a group because during the meeting and checking over each other’s projects - everyone started to yell at each other a lot. It just never stopped. I finally got everyone to quiet down though being so smart as we can all see. This is what you get for having the sass master in your group. Oh yeah out of the entire group I was the one yelling the most and i think i almost lost my voice. I’m glad that vitamin water exists at least. It cured the pain and the complete suffering I had to face while working with my group. And pizza was also a great help. I was hungry while screaming at them. And then after a whole pizza I was still hungry so I ate donuts too. My group puts too much pressure on me thats for sure. BUT WE ALL SURVIVED!!!! YAY!!!!!! I forgot who started the fight but I know it’s not me thats for sure.   

Raj : In this work session we all worked as a group and met up with each other. In this session, we all checked over each other’s projects. I thought that everyone else’ projects were very interesting and showed a lot of effort. Though, in our meeting, it was anarchy because everyone was yelling at each other to fix parts of their project and it was just crazy.       

Rachel R.: Today, we met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t do work on our individual projects because they were all done. Instead, we checked over each other’s projects and made sure that everyone project were good and made sense. However, our meeting was completely chaotic because we all just kept yelling at each other. It was like such a headache. But we got over our fights and I’m confident that we’ll get decent grades on this.   

Abby: In this work session, we all met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t work on our individual projects as we completed them fully. Today, we looked over each other’s projects and determined how good each of them were. However, it was a crazy meeting because everyone had to shout at each other when trying to tell the others about the mistakes they made and the fact that some people were not there on time!Of  and sharupa thinks she yelled a lot, I gonna press charges!

Sharupa Reflection -      

1) The highlights of my individual project is the dialogue and the title sequence. The dialogue is in the introduction and in the last mission. Those were the things I was proud of since that was where I got to be creative. Also the title sequence was something I worked on for like an ur just for the designing so that was something i am very proud of because not only does it show effort but it shows beauty.

2) My individual project could've been better if I made more harder questions. That way it would show as each mission continued you would be getting harder and harder questions to test your skills and knowledge. But still even with the mix of hard and easy questions it really doesn't matter.

3) The contributions I made to the group were that I made everyone's credit rolls. Most of my group forgot about that so I reminded them and I made them for our entire group. This is why my group is lucky to have me in their group.

4)We can improve our group work by making sure we cooperate more and that we stop screaming at each other. Yeah when that happened I just got really hungry and annoyed at my group. I mean it takes so much effort just to make your group shush.

5) Abby: She did an astounding job of linking our projects together. She did it so fast and efficiently it was like magic. She was like the cover of my iPad. Like making my iPad looks good and all.

Rachel: She made us a new group account after we forgot the password to our old one. It was helpful since we might've wasted a ton of time just trying to figure out what the password was. So she helped us save time and be more efficient.

Raj: He created the beginning transition part of the project. That wa helpful because this is how our projects would have a smooth transition.

6) Abby: Not much really she did all of the hard work and she did it in such an astounding fashion. It was like one of the biggest things that she could've done. She was a major help and I don't think I will be able to ever repay her

Raj: I feel he could've helped Abby more with the transitioning since Abby did most of the transitioning and he did one part. The amount of work that he could've done should've been greater otherwise it was pretty good.

Rachel: I feel that she could've done more other than just making the account of the group. She could've helps us check each other's project and tried to see if all the requirements.But she had a really huge project so it really doesn’t matter. She did her part of the contribution well.

Individual Project:

Group Project: