All news in Gaming and New Media

Unit 4 Project: Minigame Quartet

• Project Concept: A mini game that tests the player’s knowledge of science. The game will have questions that the character will have to answer to survive, and the questions will get more and more complex as the character progresses.

• Game Mechanic: Platformer

• Object: The objective is to get all the questions correct and not get eaten by the ugly Voldemort while being chased down.

• Obstacles: If you get the question wrong, then you slow down, while the sprite chasing you will gain speed and kill you.

• Chrome: There is a sprite chasing you and when it eats you, it kills you, which is a redundant point, but then the jumpscare will be kind of amusing. The interesting sprite that chases you will be a character called “Voldemort” from a game called “Harry Potter”.

Shunnosuke: The player needs to avoid getting ran down by the killer sprite by answering scientific questions, and answering them correctly. Getting the answer wrong will cause the character to slow down. The player should now which route to take to get to the end, or else s/he will get killed.

Shunnosuke: The player will use the up, down, left, and right arrows to control where the sprite moves throughout the maze.

Shunnosuke: The player will use the up, down, left, and right arrows to control where the sprite moves throughout the maze. When encountering a dot, the player will answer a question, which will be straight to the point and won’t vary.

Group: There will be no overarching story between our stories. There will be no introductory story before the animation goes to the hub where the player can choose the game.

Shunnosuke: Though in my story I mentioned how there will be officers, there will only be two characters in my game. The player will play as Butterbeer, and the player will be chased by another character called “Voldemort”. The Mug of Butterbeer will literally be this mug of butterbeer while Voldemort will be this ugly creature with a weird looking nose.

Group: There will be a sprite in the hub. greeting the player. It will tell the player that they can choose the desired game to be brought to the actual game. Below is the sprite from Scratch that will be used in the hub.  

Shunnosuke: There are no levels in my game. The player just has to answer the question correctly, and don’t fall for any traps. When deceased, the player will just have to do better the next time they try and get a better high score the next time they play.

Group: There will be no levels present in all the games because each group member is doing their own game, and there is no connection between the games.

Shunnosuke: The boss of the game is technically “Voldemort”. He will be chasing the player around the maze and will never stop. The only way to avoid this sprite is to just keep getting the questions right. “Voldemort’s” speed can’t change, but the player’s speed can change, and if it decreases, it will seem like Voldy is going faster, though actually the player is going slower. This is the boss of the game.

Shunnosuke: Since the map is going to be on a maze, there will obviously be traps. The traps are going to be when the player runs into a dead end, and where it will be stuck in a corner where “Dismantled Chica” will then feed on the sprite. This is technically the trap of the game.

Shunnosuke: By leveling up, the player will answer a question. If the player gets the question right, the sprite will go a tiny bit faster than the current speed it’s in. So technically the increase of speed will be the leveling up part of the game.

Shunnosuke: The maze will look like a legit maze with a pretty sick looking sprite which will be Dismantled Chica and the narrator, phone guy. The maze will be one of those classic mazes. Overall, I am not too worried about the graphics though.

Group: The only graphics in the hub will be a background, the sprite that greets the player, and the symbols the player can click on to go to that game. The background for the hub will be a plain white background. The sprite that greets the player is shown below. The symbols for each game are also displayed below.     

Shunnosuke: There will be three sounds throughout the game. The first sound that the player will encounter is the kill sound that Dismantled Chica will make when killing the player. The second sound is the end sound in which you complete the game. The third sound will be a sound that will be heard when at the last slide describing how the creator would like to thank the player for playing the game.

Group: There will be slight background music playing in the background so that a boring environment can be avoided.

Shunnosuke: The academic content will be based on what students have learned throughout the year on the course of science. Questions will be one word answers and answers that will not vary. An example will be, “Which part of the microscope supports the microscope?”.

Group: There will be no academic content within the main hub. There will be academic content within each game.

Shunnosuke: Mug of Butterbeer, Maze, Question Sprite 1,  Question Sprite 2,  Question Sprite 3, Question Sprite 4, Question Sprite 5, Question Sprite 6, Question Sprite 7, Question Sprite 8, White Backdrop, “Game Over Backdrop”, Starting Black Backdrop, and Hufflepuff Crest sign.

Shunnosuke: Scratch, Google Images, Computer.

Shunnosuke: For my individual game, I will be doing all the work by myself in the making of the game. I will not be remixing a an existing game, but I will add academic content based on the subject science. I will also be working on the group game for the hub where all our individual games will be connected. I will be making the hub backdrops.

Group: The whole group will be working on the project together. No one else will work on this project, unless Shantanu guides our group with some help.

Shunnosuke: 12 Days

Shunnosuke: I will work on my game at home and at school. Also on Google Hangouts.

Group: The group will be meeting in Tech class and over Google Hangouts. We will not be meeting outside of class physically.

Shunnosuke: I will be spending $0.00

Group: The group will be spending no money on this project.

Shunnosuke

Arif

Chloe

Christy

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Shunnosuke’s Characters

Create Arif’s

Characters

Create Chloe’s

Characters

Create Christy’s Characters

Create Shunnosuke’s Backdrops

Create Arif’s Backdrops

Create Chloe’s Backdrops

Create Christy’s Backdrops

Create Group

Backdrops

Create Questions for Sunnosuke’s Game

Create

Questions for Arif’s Game

Create Questions for Chloe’s Game

Create Questions for Christy’s Game

Create Bosses for Shunnosuke’s Game

Create Bosses for Arif’s Game

Create Bosses for Chloe’s Game

Create Bosses for Christy’s Game

Animate story for Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate story for Arif’s Game

Animate story for Chloe’s Game

Animate story for Christy’s Game

Animate Shunnosuke’s Game

Animate Arif’s Game

Animate Chloe’s Game

Animate Christy’s Game

Animate Group’s Hub

Credits for Shunnosuke’s Game

Credits for Arif’s Game

Credits for Chloe’s Game

Credits for Christy’s Game

Credits for Group’s Hub

Import Shunnosuke’s Scripts

Import Arif’s Scripts

Import Chloe’s Scripts

Import Christy’s Scripts

Create scripts that connect connects all the games to the hub

Test Shunnosuke’s game to make sure it works

Test Arif’s game to make sure it works

Test Chloe’s game to make sure it works

Test Christy’s game to make sure it works

Publish the game

• Individual Developer’s Log (Shunnosuke):

• Date: Friday, May 22, 2015

• Time: 8:25 A.M.-8:55 A.M.

• Location: BSGE

• During tech class today, I spent time working on my animated game on a software called “Scratch”. Since I already started over the weekend, I was practically finished with my project except for the fact that I was going to change my sprites. So what I did was that I just made Pacman chase the other sprite by giving him motion points he will glide too. Though I didn’t finish what I started, this is what I accomplished out of my work today.

Christy

Today, in tech class, we tried to work as a group, but it didn’t go as well. We planned to work on the hub together, but Chloe and I ended up working on it, while Shunnosuke isolated himself to do his individual project and Arif did the same. Although only 2 of us worked on it, Chloe and I created the scripts, sprites, backdrops, and programmed the group hub. We didn’t accomplish as much as we anticipated because we had poor internet. The website wouldn’t load and Scratch was very slow as we tried to drag the blocks from the menu to the place where scripts are created. Although this was a difficulty, we were able to overcome this obstacle by being patient and using the time it took to load the page for brainstorming ideas. That way, once the page loaded, we wouldn’t have to waste anymore of our time and try to at least accomplish something. Next meeting, I hope that our group is more connected and improves our communication skills so that not just half the group contributes to the work that should be done as a group.

Chloe

Today, Christy and I worked on the group game while Arif and Shunnosuke worked on their individual projects. We created the background for the group project and animated the sprite to greet and guide the player in choosing which game to play. The bad internet slowed us down and was very frustrating to work with. With patience, we were still able to get something done.

Arif

Shunnosuke

Today, we had our first group meeting. I isolated myself to do my individual project. I heard from Chloe though that Christy and her created the scripts sprite backdrops and programmed the group hub. They didn’t accomplish as much as they anticipated because of the poor internet connection. The scratch website was very slow. While it was taking forever, the 3 of us were brainstorming ideas to make this happen. I hope next time, our group will be in more unison and improves our communication skills.

• Individual Developer’s Log (Shunnosuke)

• Date: Friday, May 29, 2015

• Time: 8:15 am- 9:00 am.

• Location: Tech class

• In tech class, I was adding this jumpscare affect to the end of the game as the killer screen thing

• Group Developers Log

• Date: Friday, May 29, 2015

• Time: 8:15 A.M.-9:00 A.M.

• Location: Tech Class

Christy

Today, we had another group meeting. We made sure that the group hub was the way we wanted it to be. Because none of us were completely done with our games, we decided to help each other with our games to make sure that it worked. Some of us weren’t able to have a sprite a certain way and some of us were simply having trouble on how to animate our games. The scripts were very difficult and asking each other for help allowed us to work around having such difficult blocks. There were no difficulties faced during this group meeting. Although this was a group meeting, it was also an individual session because since there wasn’t much to do as a group, we worked on our individual projects to make sure it would be done by Sunday night. We also made plans on when the next group meetings would be so that we could meet over Google Hangouts to finalize our group project.

Chloe

There was another group meeting in class today. We completed the group hub and showed it to each group member to get their approval. We also discussed our individual games and helped each other with problems and difficulties. We set times on when we were going to meet over the weekend to join our games together.

Arif

Shunnosuke

•  

• Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015

• Time: 6:20am -  7:10am & 9:40pm - 10:45pm

• Location: At home

• Today, I practically finished my game except I added a few changes such as changing the sprites and adding the finishing backdrops. I still kind of had trouble with having pacman chasing Jughead without actually just going through the black lines. Since I couldn’t figure out how to do this, I kept searching and searching on the scratch wiki and found nothing so I made my game a 2 player game.

• Group Developer Log

• Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015

• Time: 8:45 P.M.-9:00 P.M.

• Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, our meeting wasn’t very productive because only Chloe and I were at the meeting. We made it clear at our last meeting that we would be meeting at this time to work on the group project, but only half the group was present. We made sure that this time would be best for all 4 of us so that we could all have a proper meeting and get at least something done. Although only 2 of us were at the meeting, Chloe and I made me most of our effort. We wrote the description/credits for the group project that would give the player instructions when they open up the game. We also worked on our individual descriptions/credits as well. Chloe and I helped each other on what to include because we were stuck at times for what to have for a description. The only difficulty we faced was trying to communicate with our other group members because the deadline is quickly approaching and we have to get this project done quickly. We made it clear that the next meeting will be when we put the entire project together, so we should have a more productive meeting at that time. We are slightly behind schedule because I was hoping that the project would be put together by now, but since only half the group is present, we aren’t able to accomplish the final product this early.

Chloe

In this group meeting only Christy and I were present. At first we weren’t sure what to do without the other two group members. We wanted to be productive so we wrote the group and individual descriptions/credits on a separate document.

Arif

Shunnosuke

In today's group meeting, I wasn't present because I had 3 baseball games, so I couldn't make it but I still hope Christy and Chloe achieved something from it.

• Group Developers Log

• Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015

• Time: 8:45 P.M.-11:00 P.M

• Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, we worked on dragging our scripts into the group animation. I dragged all my sprites, backdrops, and sounds on the group account into the animation. I reprogrammed the animation so that it would start once the icon was clicked. This took longer than I expected because I didn’t realize how many blocks and scripts I had. I then ran into another difficulty that was one of the variables didn’t work. The game is a platformer game that has a variable of “scrollx” to make it seem that Mario is moving on the platforms. Although I did have the sprites and variables all present, nothing would work. I spend hours trying to fix it, experimenting with different things that might cause this, but nothing worked. Although the meeting went until 11, I stayed up until 12 trying to figure out a solution. However, nothing changed. I hope that tomorrow I can figure out a solution. Also, only Chloe and I were on, although I made it clear that there would be a meeting. Arif hasn’t been on for the past week and Shunnosuke won’t communicate. I hope having a meeting tomorrow will get the project done. Shunnosuke also deleted the group hub, and I was very upset and had to waste a lot of time redoing it, while it wasn’t my fault.

Chloe

Today in the group meeting only Christy and I were present. There has been communication issues between two of my group members. Christy worked on the group hub because a group member deleted the one we made before. We will start transferring our individual games into the group game.

Arif

Shunnosuke

• Date: Sunday, June 1, 2015

• Time: 4: 30 - 5:00 pm

• Location: At home

• Today, I completed my individual project. I animated the rest of the questions and finalized everything to make sure it was ready to go for the meeting later tonight.

• Group Developer’s Log

• Date: Monday, June 1, 2015

• Time: 3:45 P.M.-5:00 P.M and then 9:00 P.M.-9:30 P.M.

• Location: Over Google Hangouts

Christy

Today, we tested our games and put the final touches on the game. We were all on, except for Arif because I don’t think he has finished his game and he hasn’t contacted the group once ever since the start of the project. We published the game and tested the games to see if the scripts worked. I continued to see if there was a solution by asking my group members, but we weren’t able to find the source of the problem. No changes were made because it was very simple to test the games and to see that they all worked. One difficulty was faced when Shunnosuke wanted to download a song and he complained it was laggy because the group was on the same account. However, I need to be on the account because I was testing the game and needed to finalize and copy the links into the project journal.

Chloe

Arif

Shunnosuke

Group Developer’s Logs: Plan for Improvement

Christy

To improve our game, we can change a few aspects of our game. Our top priority is having all the games connect back to the main group hub once the game is over. This would save the player the hassle of pressing the green flag again when the game is over. Another top priority is getting Arif to share his game. Arif never completed his individual project, so we were never able to import the scripts, and it didn’t make the “group” animation complete. A top priority of our game is to create a credits roll for our game within our animation. We have some of the credits for Chloe and I’s game in the description box off to the side, but Arif and Shunnosuke never gave credits to the graphics they used. We have to include the credits in the game because it is a requirement/constraint for the group project. Making my game actually work is another priority our group has. Because of the Backpack feature, my game is broken in the group animation, but it works in my individual project. I think to fix this, I have to redo all the scripts and sprites for the group animation. We also have to improve the chrome of our group hub.

Chloe

Our top priorities to improve our group game is to get Arif to complete his individual game and connect it to the group hub. We also need to make sure all of the games work and a credits roll is included in the group game. We included credits for some of the games in the description box but it was a requirement for a credits roll to be in the game. To make things easier for the player all of the games should connect back to the group hub once the game is over. We realized how it was annoying and a hassle to keep pressing the green flag and hearing the sprite talk again. To improve my individual game I should add a study guide in the beginning of my game. I realized how my game could be very confusing for players who know very little Chinese. A study guide could possibly help them.

Arif

I will need to improve EVERYTHING, because i didn’t finnish.   

Shunnosuke

Since our game isn’t the best it can possibly be, we will improve our game to make it the best it can possibly be. First, Arif must upload his blocks from his account to the group account. Then, after finishing the game, all games will send the player back to the group hub. Then Chloe has to complete labeling her fruits to say whether the player will be playing in the “Classic” “Zen” or “Arcade” mode. Christy will then fix her game because it didn’t work. This is what we will do to fix our game for ze group.

Legend of Zelda: The Land of the Lost

Scratch Game

Investigate

Brainstorm:

• Angry Bird design format (minigame): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/56537200/

• Legend Of Zelda

• World of Goo

• Mario is Missing

• Village adventure (hub): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/57445334/

• Glass Tower (concept of math?)

• Defend your castle

• Brick Breaker

• Don’t Starve (survive __ nights)

Game Mechanic- 4 Day Cycle; Music (play the right notes on the ocarina), Math (Angry Birds), English (figure out puzzles on which path to take, etc), Science (obtain items that will either cancel out the chemical blocking the way or make it stronger and also mixing chemicals to make potions that will help or kill you)

There’s also a tutorial world that teaches the mechanics and how to play (movement)

Chrome- defeat the monsters and finish the game (there’s a score in the right hand corner, indicating how many people beat the game and your health). Also educational aspects (science, music, english and math) There will also be historical figures such as George Washington somewhere hidden in a puzzle that can tell about his life. There are also easter eggs (special references).

There are also unlockable players. The main character will be Link (as a sprite). He will do different actions based off of what keys you press.

Obstacles: Wrong answers will decrease the health (by 50) and if you die you must restart the game. There will be 1,000 health in the beginning. The boss with decrease your health by 100 each time you lose 100 health, you are asked a science question (oxidation) and if you get it wrong, you lose 50 health, if you get it right, you don’t lose health. If you lose all your health you die and must restart. There is a potions option that the player can choose, but only up to five times. They can lose life if they mix the wrong substances.

Objective: To get through the three days to be able to return home from the current world he is trapped in. It brings him back home to where he was before, and if you win, you also become a hero for the world because you saved it from the king (boss).

David: The day 2 with the puzzle that has George Washington in a dungeon helping him escape to use his knowledge to find out how to unlock the next gate.

Design

Game Mechanic-

Rules- Players are allowed to interact with the different areas from the hub. There are four worlds that can be accessed through the hub. One each for Music, Math, English, and Science. The Song of Time can be played on the Ocarina to return to the Dawn of the First Day.

Gameplay- You have four days to accomplish the four dungeons, one for math, science, english, and history. After completing the four dungeons, you are faced with the final boss.

User Interface/Game controls- O to access the Ocarina, Arrow keys and A to play the Ocarina, WASD to move, Z is Sword, X is shield, C is Special (Magic, Bow, Hookshot?)

Objectives-

Story- You have been transported to Termina. Termina is a strange world, and you have found a place where you can jump into four dungeons. You jump into the first dungeon, the music dungeon, and you have to play notes on the Ocarina to advance. The first day is completed. The second dungeon is the history dungeon, and you have to help George Washington out of the history temple. After you solve the puzzle, he thanks you but you are interrupted by a mini-boss of the dungeon, Dark Link. You defeat him and move back to the hub, and it is now the third day. You head towards the math dungeon, and you have to solve math equations angry birds style. The final day, you solve the science dungeon and move towards the final boss. After defeating the final boss, Link dances and there might be unlockable characters in which you can use to play again, or play the game again to get those unlockable characters.

Characters: Link, Kirby (Can fly), Sonic (can run fast), Mario (is powerful), Dark Link, and Ganondorf

Levels: The different dungeons; go through all four of them to reach the final boss and defeat it to finish the game.

Obstacles-

Bosses-  Dark Link has 20 health, but is quick and hard to attack.

Puzzles/Questions/Riddles/Traps: The various academic questions that are presented in each level.

Leveling Up: You level up as you progress through the game by unlocking different items, some to create potion.

Chrome-

Art/Graphics: LOZ scenes?

Sound Effects/Music: Zelda Music (mp3), Music: http://www.bensound.com/

Academic Content: Science, Math, Music, English

Science- Mixing chemicals for different effects

Math- Answering questions correctly

Music- Playing the right notes

English- Figuring out the “fancy language” (the puzzle/riddles) to advance in the game. Ex. a fork in the path and a sign with a riddle which tells you which path to take; the other will lead to your death.

http://a.imageshack.us/img96/5259/linksprites.jpg

Project Plan

Resources

• Tools: Computer, scratch, google images, paint tools (pixlr, preview, microsoft paint), piskel

David - English level with George Washington and credits

• Location: Group members’ home, Hangouts, school

• Time: 12 days

• Money: $0

Action Plan

David

Charlotte

Lars

Erica

All

Task

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Boss Sprites and Link

Make title page

Make tutorial

Make First level (music)

Make Second Level (English)

Make Third Level (Math)

Make Final Level (Science)

Make Potion mechanic

Make Credits

Make cutscenes

Work on hub

Put everything together

Test it

Create

Individual Logs: 5/22, 8:30-9:00 AM, BSGE

David- Today I worked on the second level, and I imported one sprite. All I could get done was creating ScrollX and X-Velocity Variables. I was trying to create a way for Link to accelerate up until a certain speed, then decelerate when the right key wasn’t pressed. In order to make platforms, I must use ScrollX to test the X Position of the sprite. Also, I imported a background just for the second level.

Lars Smeland 5/27/15 School 40 minutes: Today I was able to switch jobs with Charlotte to be able to finish a big chunk of the project. I had some technical difficulties with the potions and thus she gave her tutorial job to me and we switched roles. She was able to work on the potions while I finished the tutorial and Erica worked on her part (Angry Birds) and is almost done. David was able to share the movement blocks so that we could have smooth movements and attacks throughout the entire game, making it much better than it was before. We are making good progress and all think we can finish by Friday so that we have the weekend to test and fix the project until it is done and works well. It is turning out better than expected.

David Madrigal 5/27/15 School 40 minutes: I worked on creating motion in Scratch using a custom variable called X-Velocity, and I helped create the speed for the sprite. I then used a custom block called Jump to test for the acceleration of a key being pressed, and then I converted it into a change into the Y velocity. I also tried importing this feature into my group members’ projects, but I couldn’t due to lack of time. I then began to work on a ScrollX variable for the platforms.

Erica Lei 5/27/15 School 40 minutes: I decided not to add any monsters or random pop math questions because the viewer might want a little break from dungeons earlier. I didn’t add the ropes because Link’s movement allowed the player to have Link “float” around the screen. However, I planned to make the questions harder. I’m still stuck on the Angry Bird mechanic, and I didn’t get to do much today because the internet was down and the websites were slowly loading.

5/29/15 45 minutes school

Lars- Today I was able to finish my individual project and I am done with my part. I just have to put everything together and share it. I am just awaiting my group member's products so I can create the overall group project over the weekend. I “tried” to help David with the platforms and making sure that the side scroller is infinite. We couldn’t solve it but I found that we are okay in completing the project soon and being able to finish it before the deadline.

David- I’ve made a huge mistake. Today I couldn’t figure out how to make the scroll mechanic work properly when yesterday I THOUGHT I had it good, but it was absolutely horrible today, I tried to make clones for platforms but they failed miserably.

Charlotte - Today I continued working on the potions part of the game which actually turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. Some of the blocks I used got really messed up and I wasted time fixing that. But I feel confident that I can finish my portions by tomorrow so that we can put it together over the weekend.

Erica- Today I used a different Angry Bird code from a different project because I couldn’t get the sprite to launch properly. I fixed the broadcasting and the “touching___” . However, when I played the game and got to the final backdrop, the sprite kept on going to the edge of the backdrop. I’m not sure how to fix it, and I was planning to add a few more questions at school today. I need to work on the project some more at home. I am behind schedule. (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/34602750/#player)

5/29/15 20 minutes home

I was able to fix the Angry Bird problem by setting Shot? to 0 when green flagged is clicked. I added a few more questions also.

Plan for Improvement

6/5/15, 8:20 A.M., School

David-

I would improve the scrolling mechanic, because Scrolling requires a memorization of the way the variables are aligned, and I forgot how to tell the direction of one scroll side from another, which screwed me up. My scroll mechanic fails miserably, and can not hold enemies. However, fixing all this could create a suitable dungeon where players have to fight enemies to get to the next level, which would be ideal for the current project that I need. I also need to incorporate music because my project needs music. I also need to finish getting rid of all the glitches, and there is also no way to exit the level. Scratch is basic, so I wasn’t able to compute what I needed in time for the deadline. All my project is currently is more of a scrolling simulator, and I need to make it into a dungeon or else the group project would be screwed. The last thing I need to do is make the game fun, right now all that’s fun is walking across a world that contains three screwed up enemies, about 7 platforms, and no way to escape. Soon I will begin to improve everything, but currently there is a lot wrong with my project. The total time it takes to fix the project should be a little less than a week. I will continue to work on the project regardless of how long it takes.

Lars-

I would improve on making the project smoother, but also dumbing it down to a certain extent by deleting parts that weren’t needed. My individual project had problems when I put it together. It would constantly stop, and it basically never stopped even though I had lines that the boss would say to you before you entered the full game. They wouldn’t come up because of the problem that there were too many sprites that still counted as entities on the screen so that there was  a huge problem with moving objects slowly stop moving and all of the lag that went on with the project. I would also have to make the project smoother which meant that I would make sure that the boss doesn’t stop moving when he starts hitting you which makes it easier even though it’s supposed to be hard and took a while to finish with all of the questions and fighting between them. Also, the enemy in the tutorial and the movement is a bit weird, because when you fight, Link almost jumps because of the sprite sheet. This didn’t work well because the loading was done in chunks to he almost just stopped moving a little bit and took a long time to complete it. I would have to change it so that the costume is changed to make it quicker and smoother to attack so Link has somewhat of an advantage while still having a hard time winning to a certain extent. It would make the game easier and more helpful to Link because I saw that the boss battle was extremely hard first and had to fix it with some of these changes.

Charlotte -

I would improve how engaging our projects were because most of our projects were just asking questions, and the user didn’t really get to interact with the project. In my project, the user only got a few seconds of interaction as a reward for answering the question correctly. I think next time we should just incorporate the learning right into our project[s].

I also would want to improve the time I put into this project. I stalled until the night before it was due, so I made it very difficult for myself and Lars, who was putting the project together. I want to put in more obstacles as well because my level was pretty bleak, as there was only Link and one boss. The look of the potion aspect as well as the actual level wasn’t really appealing. If I were the player I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed the game.

I also think I should work more with my group, because I mainly worked individually and I think that’s the reason why we couldn’t put our project together.

Erica-

I would improve on adding more math content to the project because the only math content was at the end, when you got to the last backdrop and played Angry Birds to answer math questions. Also, I would create borders/limit Link’s movement because the player is able to move Link freely around each backdrop, and doesn’t create much of a challenge. The player can become confused as to why some places won’t allow them to go to another place. But if I’m going to limit Link’s movement, then I’ll have to add his jumping mechanic or create ropes or some ladder that allows him to go to higher places. Since the player would have to make Link wander aimlessly around each backdrop, if it’s possible, I’ll add monsters (that don’t ask questions), but attacks your health. Anyways, in the end, Link can regain some health when the player reaches the last backdrop.

Super Mehan Bros

by: 20moonl

Investigate

Laura:(ideas)

Math: Super Mehan Bros

Draw sprite or Mr.Mehan and then play like Super Mario Bros. When collecting gold coins, math question pops up.

Design

Laura:

Game Mechanics:

Rules-  This game is a keyboard (arrows and spacebar) game and you can only move left right, using the arrows, and jump up, pressing the spacebar. Once you collect a coin, a math question will pop up. If you get the question wrong, you lose a life. You have 3 lives. Jump on top of the Goombas, to gain a life.

Gameplay-  The sprite will be able to move using the arrows and the spacebar on the keyboard. The left arrow is used to move left and the right arrow is used to move right. You use the spacebar to jump. When you move onto new levels, the Goombas will move at a faster speed and the scenery will change.

User Interface/Game Control-  The right and left arrow key can be used to move along the platform and the spacebar is used to jump on the Goombas the come at you. When you collect the gold coins a math question will pop up. You type the answer you think is correct. You can only get 3 questions wrong or you're dead. The only way to earn a life is to jump on a Goomba. Keep playing the game until you get to the last level.

Objectives:

Story-  The game starts with the sprite on a simple platform with 0 Goombas. As the levels get gradually higher, the harder it gets. You keep going through the worlds until                           you see Peach in the final level. You have to beat the evil kid that doesn’t do homework to save her.

Characters-  Mr.Mehan: He is from the world of The Lao Shi's and has to save his true love Peach. He has to go through harsh conditions to save her but no fear, he will come for her no matter what. Goombas: They do not want Mr. Mehan to save Peach. They are all of Peach’s ex’s that want revenge on her. Since they were so full of revenge, they turned into brown ugly mushrooms that can walk. Peach: Peach is Mr. Mehan’s love. She loves him unlike the other people she broke up with. One of her ex’s handed her over to Mr. Mehan’s worst enemy and now she is in an maxi-glass ball.

Levels-  In the first level there would be no Goombas and you just have to get to the end of the map. The second level consists of 2 Goombas and gaps in the map where you could fall down and lose a life. The map is also a iceland map. The third level consists of 4 Goombas at a faster pace than the second level and harder obstacles to get through. This map is a map where you are in the clouds on giant mushrooms. The final level is in a castle and you meet the boss at the end. You have to defeat the boss who is very fast and you have to jump on him 5 times to kill him. But if you die, you have to start at level 3 again.

Obstacles:

Bosses-   There is one major boss at the end and that is the kid that doesn’t do homework. He has a green and yellow stripe shirt and he hates Mr. Mehan. He will give you very hard questions and you are timed on this before he throws a math notebook at you.

Puzzles/Riddles-  The questions that pop up every time you collect the coins will gradually get harder each level. You will need sixth and maybe a little seventh grade knowledge to answer the questions. In the boss level, he will test your knowledge in math and these will be the hardest question in the whole game. You are timed on the last level questions and if you don’t answer them in the given time you lose a life.

Chrome-

Graphics-  The scenery of the game will be pixelated and have simple colors not detailed designs. The characters will also be pixelated and all the items too.

Sound/Music-  The music will be mario brothers music throughout the whole game.

Academic Content-   What my game teaches is math that sixth and seventh graders learn everyday. It teaches about fraction, decimals, box plots, etc…

Plan

Resources:

Materials-

• Mr. Laskowski Sprite

• “Papi”

• Mr. Mehan Sprite

• Mr. Lakhaney Spite

• Peach Sprite

• Goomba Sprites

• The Kid that Doesn’t Do Homework Sprite

• Wonders Of the World Sprites (7)

Tools-

• Pamela’s Device at home

• Laura’s Device at home

• James’ Device at home

• Jasir’s Device at home

• MacBook 103

• MacBook 113

• MacBook 111

• MacBook 117

• Google Images

• Scratch.com

• Any other offsite image editing software

Labor-

• Laura is doing the math game online. Creating her own sprites and backdrops.

• Pamela is doing the English game. Creating her own sprites and backdrops.

• James is doing the science game. Creating his own sprites and backdrops.

• Jasir is doing the humanities game. Creating his own sprites and backdrops.

Location-

School and Home, and possibly together on Google Docs and Hangouts.

Action Plan

Laura

Pamela

James

Jasir

Title (May-June 2015)

20

21

22

23

24

25

26

27

28

29

30

31

1

2

Creating ‘Math’ Sprites

Creating ‘English’ Sprites

Creating ‘Humanities’ Sprites

Creating “Science” Sprites

Create math platform

Create English platform

Create humanities platform

Create science platform

Create math boss sprites

Create english boss sprites

Create humanities boss sprites

Create science boss sprites

Animate math game

Animate English game

Animate Humanities game

Animate Science game

Import games into one

Developers Logs

Laura Moon, 5/27/15, 8:15-9:00AM, BSGE

Today I worked on my Scratch project. I changed a lot of things around because in the first level there are goombas and a new enemy koopa troopas. I also took out the fact that goombas will give you an extra life. YOU CANNOT GET AN EXTRA LIVES UNTIL YOU DIE! Also, in the second level there a new enemy called a Pokey and if you touch then, you lose a life. In the third level there is a new enemy called the Bullet Bill and if he touches you, you are dead.

Laura Moon, 5/29/15, 8:15-9:00AM, BSGE

Today, I figured out how to put in the math questions into the coin sprite. Shantanu taught me how by telling me I have to create a list and then doing the Control blocks and answer blocks. i sorta didn’t understand and I failed at trying to put the math questions in. My boss turned out to be really weird because it was just a floating head basically. Math questions will pop up randomly not when you collect coins anymore.

GROUP LOG- JUNE 1ST, 2015

Pamela- Together, as a group we helped each other with issues we found in our Scratch animation. I, for instance, had trouble today, (honestly last minute) trying to ask the questions whenever a sprite encounters another. They helped me resolve the issue by realizing that there are certain sequences to the blocks, and that certain events have to be used for the encounter to work. I changed the lives to one instead of three.

6/1/15, 6:00PM- 11:45PM, Home-

James- I had encountered many issues of my own. I was finding it difficult to script my game, not because of it’s complexity, but rather it’s disarrange. Scripts were everywhere, making it hard to locate issues within the script, if any. It took me 15 minutes to simply find this one error, i recall. I worked through all these issues and completed my individual project. All of this had been done whilst communicating to my groupmates about the plans for the group game. We discussed about it later that meeting. I chose not to add the “Papi”
recording, because it would be too much work, and i don’t have time. Also, i decided not to add the big word problems because thinking of some would be much too difficult. I also didn’t put bosses between every few levels because I had such a small amount of levels. This is the consequence of hand-making your game from scratch.

Laura- We as a group tried to help each other with technical issues. I was having much trouble trying to put the math questions in and Pamela helped me by saying I should put in an ask vlock and answer block. It didn’t really turn out as I expected but it was better than not doing it.

Jasir-

JUNE 1st AGAIN (LATER ON)

Pamela- We faced an issue while trying to import our game. After sharing the game on our account, we couldn't upload backdrops. My backdrops were simple, but I didn't know about others. We decided together that backdrops would just remain the default white, and shouldn't be tweaked.

6/1/15, 11:45PM- 6/2/15, 2:00AM, Home-

James- Laura’s computer broke, so she could not import everything as we had previously arranged for. Pamela was working on other things, and Jasir left a long time ago. We made a last minute decision to leave me to import everything and create the main menu for our game. I found issues such as not being able to import backgrounds in our game, so we decided simply to leave it alone for now and simply not incorporate the backgrounds, in the hopes that later we will be able to.

Laura was forced to sleep at 12:00AM by her parents. Jasir had left at around 9:00PM-10:00PM after giving up on completing his portion of the project.

Evaluate

Laura- Link to individual Project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63705222/

Everyone (sahawaii)- Link to group game project:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65209188/

lst level of bob's aventures.

by: 20wongb

individual projects for benjamin: i am going to do the level in which history is incorporated. i’m going to make all these platforms in which they will only come down if you answer that history question. as you go along it gets harder. there would be some squares that will kill you if they touch you. squares also have weapons. there is going to be 5 platforms. main objective is to get to the door. boss at end would be napoleon bonaparte. must answer how he died or he kills you. there would be tips, but there would be some history facts along with it. there is also lava. akshay project was on math and had a force machine. has equilaterals as enemies. must answer math questions. boss csn only be defeated by answering questions. must avoid enemies. siliang project was about a ball that has avoid blue squares that shoot balls. is a plat former and boss can be defeated by jumping on it and character gets one health and there are 3 parts. roman project is about answering questions to get weapons to defeat enemies. design: rules are noted at the links. game design is a plat former. user interface: 3rd person interface. objectives: kill enemies get to door. characters: bob and names of enemies are in the games. levels: there are 4 levels of increasing difficulty. obstacles: enemies bosses, lava, questions. chrome: outside settings. nature music. questions are on history for my game. questions for akshay game is math. Questions for roman game is all around. questions for siliang game is science. weapons vary for each level.                                  

group log: 5/21, 1:00pm-2:00pm, bsge

benjamin:

my group members worked on our own individual projects. we got some work done and i added some scripts and deleted some sprites. finalized all characters that were going to be used.

some difficulties i had were  that i couldn’t get the enemy to stay in one place.

some ways i could solve this by finding some scripts from a game and put it in my backpack and incorporate those scripts into my project.

Siliang

We worked on our own individual projects. We finalized what our characters will be including the enemies and the main character.

I didn’t experience any difficulties.

Akshay

My group and I worked on our individual projects. I started it today, for I had forgotten to do it yesterday. I created my square sprite, and put in some basic functions of it. One difficulty that I had was that I couldn’t access the script I wanted to use from my previous projects. I eventually found out that I had to refresh the page.

Roman  We worked on our own projects. And finished up on some  things such as sounds, sprites and weapons we continued and elaborated some scripts. I experienced zero difficulties

benjamin individual log: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63607522/ 5:00pm to 7:00 pm on 5/21. home. i did my project and made the enemies and terrain and also the boss and some questions. i am ahead of my schedule. some problems i encounter first is that i couldn’t seem to put enemies in a scrolling game so i had to do a non-scrolling game. 5:00pm to 7:00 pm on 5/22. home. i am ahead of schedule. added more obstacles and enemies and more educational content. some problems i faced were that my clones wouldn’t die. i could fix this by not giving them health and instead put it that at a specific time they get deleted. 3:00pm to 5:00pm on 5/30. home. i finished my individual project. i didn’t add extra weapons and didn’t do all the questions because of time restrictions. i had some problems with glitches like the spear wouldn’t disappear, but i fixed that with a stop all block. need to finish my intro and might be late. 1:00pm to 5:00pm at home on 5/31. i didn’t follow my schedule on the gantt charts and finish intro a little bit late. mit.edu kept crashing on me and i solved that by putting all my stuff in the backpack. also one thing kept on triggering so i solved it by making sure it couldn’t trigger any more.

benjamin:

my group did a lot of work and i got alot done. all i need to do is add more questions and fix some glitches. my boss could get killed while answering the question so i would hide him until the question gets answer. need to fix intro.

20r we tested eachothers games and were relatively productive.

Siliang: I was able to finish my second level with a question and also part of my boss level. I made my boss level really challenging by making the boss move really fast.

Akshay : I was able to add on the questions and we checked out each other’s games. One difficulty was that I had many bugs on the questions thing and so I spent a lot of time fixing it.

may 28 2015. time is 1:00pm to 2:00pm.The school is the location.

benjamin: i helped my classmate in his script. i still need to do credits. i also need to complete the intro. i could add additional elements to my individual project, but it is hard enough. i completed all the individual requirements.  a person in my group inspired me to do somethings with my project. problems i had were at the minimum like there were some glitches which i ironed out. my group worked well and we got a lot done.

Akshay : Today I worked on my game and took out all of the bugs in it, partially through the help of Roman. One challenge was the fact that there were many bugs in it. However, I overcame it by just trying to find different ways to achieve that, find the root problem, or ask Roman if I was stumped.  

Siliang: I worked on my individual project today. I tried to make a secret passageway through the levels to make it more interesting. Additionally, I gave my group members advice on their games especially akshay.

Roman : I worked very hard and helped people with their individual projects to make glitches not happen

Group Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64917366/

Intro: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65014438/

Level 1: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63607522/

Level 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63569120/

Level 3: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63402644/  

Level 4: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62942568/  

Credits: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65018812/#editor

benjamin. i would like to highlight the way i made the enemies and how i made the boss. i also like to include that making the genie was a strength too. my individual project could’ve been better if it was a scrolling game and had better graphic effects. also it would be better if i added velocity to it. i helped with the linking a bit and pointed out people’s errors and scheduled all the group meetings. i also reminded people of what they had to do. i could improve my group work by making sure all people are present and that we all take inconsideration of other people's ideas. also i could help in group work by not getting carried away. akshay helped keep people on track and he also made sure people did their work. he also pointed out errors and he tried everybody game and spent a lot of time trying to find solutions. siliang was humorous and helped make the group meeting less boring and he also played everybody game. he did helped other people and he also try to help with linking. roman helped everybody in their coding. he had tried to fix my problem even though he failed he still tried. he helped significantly when he was at a group meeting. akshay could improve in not getting angry during meetings and keeping a level head. he could also improve his group’s contributions by watching tutorials about scratch so he can contribute more in helping other people code. siliang could help the group by not spamming the document or chat. he can also improve by not including nasty things in his project. roman can improve by meeting up with the group more often. he can also improve by not procrastinating and actually spending time on coding and not on making costumes.

intro:

my game:

group project:

Task

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

create silang's characters

create benjamin’s characters

Create Roman’s

characters

Create Akshay’s Characters

create boss sprites

create enemies  (squares) sprites

create platform sprites

create settings/backgrounds

Make Weapons Sprites

animate benjamin’s level

animate akshay’s level

animate roman’s level

animate siliangs’s level

create credits

create intro

import individual projects

link projects

music/ sound

Siliang

Akshay

Roman

Benjamin

The Golden Adventures

by: 20panj

Investigate
Game Proposal~
Rushaid: Humanities Questions, 8 different questions of increasing difficulty. Goal is to reach the treasure chest. The questioning takes place in the desert.
Chloe: Spanish questions, most likely asking to translate Spanish words into English, out of the mouth of a ghoul. There will be most likely 4 questions as this is level 1 of the group game. They will be of increasing difficulty. If you answer them all correctly, then you will be able to reach the key get on to the next level. If there is a wrong answer, however, you will get eaten by the ghoul and game over.
Jasmine: Math Questions, 6 different questions of increasing difficulty. Goal is to reach the key for the next level. The questioning takes place in the jungle.

Group:
Game Chrome:
Level 1~ Underground labyrinth...Chloe
Level 2~ Jungle...Jasmine
Level 3~ Desert...Rushaid
Game Objective: Reach the final treasure, gold. For each level, reach the key.
Game Mechanic: Third-person
Game Obstacles: Academic problems- math (lion),humanities(mummy), and Spanish (ghoul and dragon)

Design
Game Mechanic
1.Rules ~If you answer the question incorrectly, you start over from the beginning of the level.
~If the question is multiple choice, type the letter of your choice in the answer box, not capitalized.
~The answers to math questions must only be in numbers and not include units.
2.Game Play/ Game Engine
~There are three levels to the game and the player must answer an increasing number of questions for each level. At the end of each level, there is a key to get to the next level. At the very end of the game, the grand prize would be a huge treasure chest of gold. This gold will replace the gold that robbers stole from him. The questions will be about history, math, and Spanish and each correct answer will lead them to the next question.
3.User Interface
~The user won’t have to use any keys to play the game because the game will just either restart automatically from the same level, or the player will just continue on in the game when she answers a question correctly. Therefore, only the “Move to” blocks will be used to move the character.

Objectives
1.Story
~There is a rich lady who is living on an island in the middle of nowhere until on one rainy night, she wakes up and finds out that she is robbed. There is a note and a map next to her bed and says, “If you want to find all this precious gold of yours you must look at the map given to you below”! Inside the map there are three stages included which are: Underground labyrinth, Jungle, and the Desert.
2. Character
~The main character is a rich lady who is trying to get back her precious gold and in the first level he is intercepted by a sphinx than in the next level she is intercepted by a lion and then the last level she will be intercepted by mummies/zombies.
3. Levels
~The first level will be about spanish and the obstacle will be the great great ghoul and dragon. It will have 4 questions.
~The second level will be about math and the obstacle will be monsters. It will have 6 questions.
~The third level will be about science and the obstacle will be mummies/zombies. It will have 8 questions.

Game Obstacles:
1. Bosses
~There are no bosses in our game.
2. Puzzles/ Riddles
~Rushaid: The questions would be asked from the mouth of a Mummy. They involve science and will be one word answers. It will be questions that have to do with the American Revolution and our Government.
~Chloe: The questions would be asked from the mouth of a ghoul and dragon. They involve Spanish. The first two would be asked in English, requiring an answer in Spanish. A possible question could be: Where would people most likely go to pray? The questions would be multiple choice. The last two would be asked in Spanish, requiring an answer in English. A possible question could be translating a Spanish sentence to English. The question would also be multiple choice. There would be a 1 minute limit for each.
~Jasmine: The questions will be asked from the mouth of a lion. They involve math and won't be multiple choice. Some concepts included are area, squares, equations, etc. Answers would have to be written in number format.
3. Leveling up
~After answering all of the questions of a level, the main character will reach the key. The key will transport the character to the next level. At the final level, level 3, the character will reach the gold that the robber has taken. The game ends at that.

Game Chrome:
1.Graphics/Art
~Backdrops from Scratch and Storyboardthat, Characters from Scratch
2. Sound/Music
~Sound Effects from Scratch
3. Academic Content
~There will be no additional academic content aside from our questions individual games, as mentioned above.

Plan
Resources
Materials
~ Sprite lady from Scratch library
~Sprite thief in black from Scratch library
~ Sprite ghoul from Scratch library
~ Sprite lion from Scratch library
~ Sprite mummy from Scratch library
~ Backdrop bedroom from storyboardthat
~ Backdrop desert from Scratch library
~ Backdrop jungle from storyboardthat
~ Backdrop underground from storyboardthat
~ Blocks

Tools
~ scratch.mit.edu storyboardthat.com
~ Website
~Browsers
~ Computer

Labor
~ Rushaid - Level 3, Credits, Sprites
~ Chloe - Level 1, Transitions, Backdrops, Sound Effects
~ Jasmine - Level 2, Introduction

Location
~ Everyone’s house
~ School

Time
~ From tomorrow to June 1st

Money
~ $0

Group Developer’s Log #1:
Rushaid~ 5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE

We were discussing about how we would connect it all after we were done. Today I was trying to find a good animation which I could remix for my part of the project and I spent at least 25 mins searching for one until I realized that there was no use. In the process my group members were also looking for some remixes and sharing them with each other in order to see if the other found it useful. I decided to start off by making my own animation and got my main sprite and my main backdrop ready so I could use them which is what I was supposed to do according to my Gantt chart. Similarly my partners decided to do the same by starting off from scratch. Also, I didn’t send the intro sprites to my group members so I did it today so they could start using them for tomorrow.

Chloe~ 5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE.

We were all in the same place, discussing what our roles would be in the project. We also created our Gantt chart, assigning dates so that everything would logically be in order. After that, helping each other, we started on our individual animations. I followed the gantt chart and found a Sprite, and a backdrop. I also started the animation, by the teeniest bit. I had hoped to start more of the animation, but was only able to “set the stage” such as setting where the Sprites were, etc. I will be working on the animation for the next 2 days.

Jasmine~5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE.

I followed the Gantt chart, but I wasn’t really that productive because I only got a few sprites and a backdrop. The entire group was in the same place, but we worked on our individual projects. I didn’t start any of the actual animating yet, just preparing and setting it up. Something I had difficulty doing at first was properly importing the backdrop because Scratch wouldn’t process it. I eventually got it to work because I downloaded it as a high-resolution storyboard.

Individual Developer’s Log #2:

Chloe~ 5/21. 7:30- 8:00. Home.

Following the Gantt chart, I continued working on my individual animation. I was created a total of 4 more Sprites, and finished asking the first question. One of the problems that came up was that I couldn’t get the ‘ask’ block to work. Therefore, I ended up using a multiple choice format, where all the choices were Sprites and the user would simply click on the choice they believe is right. I have to finish the animation in the next days.

Individual Developer’s Log #3

Chloe~ 5/22. 8:45-9:15. Home

Following the Gantt chart, I kept working on my individual project. I finished the second question, and found it much easier than doing the first question, as now the blocks all went in the same format, so i mostly just had to change the questions and broadcasts. At first, I wanted to make 4 new Sprites as answer choices for every single question, until I realized that it would be too much unnecessary work. I ended up just using the original 4 Sprites and simply changed their costumes. Tomorrow I will finish the game by completing the final questions and adding any sound effects necessary.

Individual Developer’s Log #4

Chloe~ 5/23. 12:00-1:00. Home

Following the Gantt chart, I continued and finished working on my individual project. I went around the animation fixing things and adding sound effects. Then, when I played the animation, everything was mixed up and out of order! I couldn’t figure out what I messed up on, so I looked through every block and finally figured out that one of the broadcast blocks was out of place. I finished just on schedule.

Group Developer’s Log #5
Rushaid~ 5/26 1:15-2:00. School

Today our group was very productive because as I was working on my credits for the group and I was able to finish it. We were looking at each others projects trying to help each other by giving helpful advice and pros/cons. Jasmine was trying to add her final touches while Chloe was trying to import all of our projects by making a basic outline. All we have left is Jasmine's intro the project and waiting to import all our projects together.

Jasmine~ 5/26. 1:15-2:00. School.

Today was very productive for me. Even though I already finished my individual project, I continued to edit it with sounds and better dialogue. I helped and gave advice to Chloe with the backpack options. I didn’t really have any problems because it was really just simple editing. Something that was annoying was that I had to keep on going back and forth with my animation. I didn’t have any actual problems, so there wasn’t much to study.

Chloe~ 5/26. 1:15 - 2:00. School.

Today our group worked together, looking over each other’s animations. We gave advice on how to edit the animations to make them better. I started importing the levels and connecting them. One of the problems that I faced was that I couldn’t import backdrops from individual animations to the group one. This was solved by saving every backdrop to local file and uploading it that way. I was able to import the first level and make it work out. I will finish importing and connecting other levels at home tonight.

Individual Developer’s Log #6

Chloe~ 5/26. 4:30-4:55. Home.

Following the Gantt chart, I imported all the levels today. One of the problems that I encountered was that some of our broadcasts were the same. Therefore, the whole sequence would mess up. I had to change the broadcasts and receiving blocks to make everything flow. I’m slightly ahead of schedule, as I’m supposed to start connecting on the next class but started connecting all the levels today. The remaining parts of my job is to add sound effects and finish connecting all levels. I will complete this next class.

Group Developer’s Log #7
Rushaid~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

We followed the Gantt chart and waited for Chloe to finish connecting and importing all the levels together. After she finished connecting them all together we watched the whole thing play through together and together started editing each others projects. There were a few errors in mine that they pointed out so I went back and fixed them as now my individual project is officially complete. We also finished our group project and I just need to add the instructions and credits on the cover page to make sure the viewers know what they are doing.

Chloe~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

Following the Gantt chart, today our group finished our group animation. We added sound effects and looked over everything together. We made edits to blocks and Sprites that were necessary. I added sound effects and finished up connecting all of the levels, so that it would make sense. There weren’t really any problems, as we mostly finished already and were just editing today.

Jasmine~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

We followed the Gantt chart and finished our animations. I helped Chloe mostly with connecting all levels and fixing typos, as well as importing all of Rushaid’s backdrops. We worked mostly as a group about how to properly finish it off. We didn’t encounter any significant problems.

Group Developer’s Log #8: Plan for Improvement
Rushaid~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School.

If we had a chance to improve our project, our priorities would be to maybe make our levels a bit more difficult since the questions were a bit too easy and the answers were pretty easy. Also, maybe we could have made our games a bit more fun and creative since in all of our levels, the viewer mostly could answer the questions and nothing else. Maybe they could have interacted with the game a bit more or maybe we could have used the arrow keys a bit more efficiently so the viewer could maybe move around the sprite. Last of all I would add more lives since it’s a bit annoying starting from the beginning of the questions, but just get another chance for the question you got wrong.

Chloe~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School.

If we had a chance to improve our project, our priorities would be in fixing some of the features to make them better. One of the first things we would fix would be the user interface. In our game, we only needed arrow keys in Rushaid’s level, or the last level. It would be more fun for the player if there were arrow keys used in every level. Another thing I would want to fix would be our story plot. Our story plot is pretty unrealistic and somewhat illogical. For instance, we allowed the game to restart after game over without some kind of explanation. Therefore, I would add lives in our game, so that restarting at the beginning of a level after dying would make more sense.

Jasmine~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School

If we had a chance to improve our project, our priorities would be maybe adding and fixing some parts to make it more challenging for the user. We could add in some arrow keys so that the user could use it to move around. Also, I could add more creativity or more interesting details and dialogue to accompany the storyline. Also, we might have made the flow between each level too choppy. It may have been better to add another backdrop to act as a transition slide.

Evaluate

Chloe’s Reflection:

1. In my individual product, I would like to highlight the numerous sound effects that I added in order to make the animation more captivating. I also like how wild the story plot goes.

2. My individual product could have been better if I included a bigger variety of user interface. In my game, the user only had to click on the correct choice. It could’ve been more fun if it involved other things such as arrow keys to move, etc.

3. Aside from my individual product, in my group I also imported all the levels and connected them to make sure everything would flow. I also searched for backdrops for the group animation along with adding sound effects to enhance our group animation.

4. I could’ve improved my group work by also making everything go more logically. Although all the games were connected and would go as planned, all the games seemed to distinct and individual. It may have made more sense if they were similar.

5. Rushaid, aside from completing his individual product, contributed the credits roll in the group animation. He also found all the Sprites in the animation, including treasure and platform Sprites.

Jasmine, aside from completing her individual product, contributed the introduction in the group animation. She animated the scenes starting off the story, also connecting it to the first level.

6. Rushaid could have improved his contribution by putting the credits roll in the final animation itself, and not in his individual products. That way, he may miss some of the credits required in our animations.

Jasmine could have improved her contribution by making the introduction appear more realistic. The way some of the Sprites acted wasn’t realistic and logical, which made the introduction appear to be fake and impossible.

Group Members:
Rushaid ~ http://youthvoices.net/users/20uniar
Jasmine ~ http://youthvoices.net/users/20shumj

Individual Project:

Group Project:

The Golden Adventures

by: 20shumj

Investigate

Game Proposal~

Rushaid: There are humanities Questions,with 8 different obstacles since this is now lvl 3. The questions will start off a bit easy, but will get harder and harder. This will be in the desert and you will get the treasure back by answering them correctly.

Jasmine: Math Questions, asking the viewer to answer 6 problems as obstacles. They will get harder as you go on. If you get them wrong, a lion will come out and scare you back to the start. Answering all of them right will earn you the key for the next level. It will be a platform game and will be on land, in a jungle.

Group:

Game Chrome: Level 1~ Underground labyrinth...Chloe

Level 2~ Jungle...Jasmine

Level 3~ Desert...Rushaid

Game Mechanic: Third-person

Design

Game Mechanic

1. Rules

~If you answer the question incorrectly, you start over from the beginning of the level.

1. Game Play/ Game Engine

1. User Interface

Objectives

1. Story

2. Character

3. Levels

Game Obstacles:

1. Bosses

~There are no bosses in our game.

2. Puzzles/ Riddles

~Rushaid: The questions would be asked from the mouth of a Mummy. They involve science. A possible question could be (at the beginning of the level the questions start of easy, but increase gradually): How many senators and House Representatives are there in America combined? It would be a one word answer and this would be written in the instructions. It will be questions that have to do with the American Revolution and our Government.

~Jasmine: The questions will be asked from the mouth of a lion. They involve math. A possible question could be: What is the square root of 4900? The questions won’t be multiple choice, but will have to be written out. Some concepts I will probably include are area, squares, equations, etc. Answers would have to be written in number format.

3. Leveling up

Game Chrome:

1. Graphics/Art

2. Sound/Music

~Sound Effects from Scratch

3. Academic Content

~There will be no additional academic content aside from our questions individual            games, as mentioned above.

Plan

Resources

Materials ~ Sprite lady from Scratch library

Sprite thief in black from Scratch library

Sprite ghoul from Scratch library

Sprite lion from Scratch library

Sprite mummy from Scratch library

Backdrop bedroom from storyboardthat

Backdrop desert from Scratch library

Backdrop jungle from storyboardthat

Backdrop underground from storyboardthat

Blocks

Other people’s games  

Tools ~ scratch.mit.edu

storyboardthat.com

Website Browsers

Computer             

Labor ~ Rushaid - Level 3, Credits, Sprites

Chloe - Level 1, Transitions, Backdrops, Sound Effects

Jasmine - Level 2, Introduction

Location ~ Everyone’s house

School

Library

Time ~ From tomorrow to June 1st

Money ~ $0

Gantt Chart

Jobs

5/20

5/21

5/22

5/23

5/24

5/25

5/26

5/27

5/28

5/29

5/30

5/31

6/1

Create Rushaid’s Sprite

Create Chloe’s Sprite

Create Jasmine’s Sprite

Create Treasure Sprite

Animate Rushaid’s level

Animate Chloe’s level

Animate Jasmine’s level

Create Intro Sprites

Create Credits Roll

Create Intro Backdrop

Create Rushaid’s Backdrop

Create Chloe’s Backdrop

Create Jasmine’s Backdrop

Animate Intro

Import all Levels

Connect all Levels

Add Rushaid’s Sound

Add Chloe’s Sound

Add Jasmine’s Sound

Add Group Sounds

Instructions & Credit

Chloe

Jasmine

Rushaid

Create

Developer’s Log #1:

Rushaid~ 5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE

Chloe~ 5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE.

Jasmine~5/21. 1:30-2:00. BSGE.

Developer’s Log #2:

Rushaid~ 5/23 1:00- 2:00 PM Home

I didn’t have time to start my scratch project from yesterday which I was supposed to according to my Gantt chart, but instead I started it today. I was able to get ⅝ of my questions done which is a really good amount considering that I didn’t do any work yesterday. I didn’t have any difficulties at all which was pretty surprising for me because I thought I might have trouble moving around all the blocks and sprites, but I was luckily able to go by in a breeze.     

Chloe~ 5/21. 7:30- 8:00. Home.

Jasmine~ 5/21. 7:40-8:10. Home

I continued from where I left off in class and finished two questions and responses in my individual project. I created two sprites in total. Something that I had trouble with was getting it to save because of my internet connection. Also, I didn’t know how to put my blocks together properly so that it wouldn’t glitch. Eventually, I found out the best way to set out my blocks and my project eventually saved.

Developer’s Log #3

Rushaid~ 5/24 1:30- 2:00 PM. Home

Following my Gantt chart, as planned today was the day I would finish my animation which was pretty easy since all I had was 3 questions left. Again this was easy for me since I could just use similar blocks to the ones I used before so I won’t have to waste any unnecessary time. After finishing within 20 mins I decided to revise my whole project all over again to see if there were any mistakes. After doing this I sent a message asking them for their credits if they had any so I could add the credit roll at the end of my project.

Chloe~ 5/22. 8:45-9:15. Home

Jasmine~5/22. 10:30-11:00. Home

I’m ahead of schedule, according to the Gantt chart. I continued working on my individual project and ended up finishing the rest of it. I found it a lot easier than when I first started creating my project because I finally got myself accustomed to the blocks and ended up duplicating a lot and editing them. I didn’t really have any problems, except for getting the key at the end of the level to transition in nicely. I did so by adding a “fairytale” sound effect. Overall, my work today was productive. I was one day ahead of schedule.

Developer’s Log #4

Rushaid ~ 5/25. 7:00-7:15 PM  Home

Since my fellow partners did not have any credits I added in my credits and all of our names by creating a credit roll at the end of my project as my last backdrop. I was supposed to create my credit roll yesterday, but everything was delayed by 1 day so ended up doing it today. Also, according to my Gantt chart I was supposed to add my sounds, but I was able to add the sounds along the way of my animation which makes it necessary now to add more sounds.

Chloe~ 5/23. 12:00-1:00. Home

Jasmine~ 5/26. 7:30-8:05. Home.

Today, I followed the Gantt chart and did the intro for our group project and did it pretty successfully to help show our whole storyline and why the main character needed to answer all of these questions. I made sure to include the robber to properly introduce the animation. The only problem I had was that all of the blocks and sprites were a little confusing because there were too many of them, especially after it was imported into the group project. I wasn’t familiar with what they meant so I had to spend some time working on understanding what all of the blocks did. After that, I finished it and helped to connect it to the first level. I am right on schedule. I am officially done, however I may help edit it later on.

Developer’s Log #5

Rushaid~ 5/26 1:15-2:00. School

Today our group was very productive because as I was  working on my credits for the group and I was able to finish it. We were looking at each others projects trying to help each other by giving helpful advice and pros/cons. Jasmine was trying to add her final touches while Chloe was trying to import all of our projects by making a basic outline. All we have left is Jasmine's intro the project and waiting to import all our projects together.

Jasmine~ 5/26. 1:15-2:00. School.

Today was very productive for me. Even though I already finished  my individual project, I continued to edit it with sounds and better dialogue. I helped and gave advice to Chloe with the backpack options. I didn’t really have any problems because it was really just simple editing. Something that was annoying was that I had to keep on going back and forth with my animation. I didn’t have any actual problems, so there wasn’t much to study.

Chloe~ 5/26. 1:15 - 2:00. School.

Developer’s Log #6

Chloe~ 5/26. 4:30-4:55. Home.

Rushaid ~ 5/25. 7:30-7:40 PM  Home

I was supposed to do the Instructions and Credits for our group scratch project on the viewing page where everyone watches the animation, but I did it one day earlier than what was said on the Gantt chart since I had free time. I took all of our instructions and put it in the Instruction section and then put in all of our credits in the credits section which only took me about 10 mins.

Developer’s Log #7

Rushaid~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

Chloe~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

Jasmine~ 5/28. 1:15-1:55. BSGE

Developer’s Log #8: Plan for Improvement

Rushaid~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School.

Chloe~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School.

Jasmine~ 6/3. 1:10-1:30. School

Evaluate

Group Animation:   <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/64232306/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

Jasmine’s Animation:    <iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/63566132/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

Jasmine’s Reflection:

1. For my individual project, I would like to highlight the nice organization of my blocks and how I was able to successfully and smoothly connect the intro to the first level. I think it made it a lot easier for my group members, especially for Chloe, who had to connect the levels.

2. 2. My individual project could have been better if I had added more dialogue to add to the story line, which would’ve helped engage the viewer’s interest even more. Also, I could have made my character’s movements a little less awkward by making it change directions and make more costumes.

3. Other than my individual project, I animated the introduction for the group project to introduce the story of why the lady went on an adventure. I connected the introduction to the first level, which was Chloe’s project.

4. I could have improved my group work by adding more detail into it. I could’ve achieved this by adding more dialogue from the robber and making the girl’s reactions better.

5. The positive contributions Chloe made to the group was import/connect the levels for the group project. She was an integral part of this since she also helped with sound effects. The positive contributions Rushaid made to the group was adding credits and connecting it to the last level, which was his own, as well as adding in the sprites.

6. Something Chloe could have done to improve her contributions was not use so many sprites in her individual project, which would then be imported into the group project. It caused some confusion on what each sprite represented in the game. Something Rushaid could have done to improve his contributions was to help edit the group animation a little further by helping to find resources we need or blocks we could use to solve a problem.

Different People so unrelated

by: 20mehtar
Group Project
Individual Project
Group Project Plan - Part 1
Group Project Plan - Part 2
Group Project Plan - Part 3
Group Project Plan - Part 4
Group Project Plan - Color Key

Individual Project -

What my Game is About

Raj - My game is going to be a math game about the player trying to get a treasure chest guarded by zombies. The objective is to get to the treasure chest by killing away the zombies by answering math questions correctly. The obstacles in the game are going to be the zombies protecting the treasure chest. The chrome is going to be having to defeat zombies and therefore, having a great impact on the result of the story. In the game, you (the main character) are going to stay stationary in the game until you can get enough math questions right to beat the zombies and go ahead to the treasure chest. In the game there is going to three levels where the difficulty or in other words the amount of math problems needed to defeat each of the zombies is going to increase. So, in the first level, there is going to be two zombies that require the player to get two math problems right for each of them. Also, the math problems are going to be ones of algebra. In the second level, there is going to be two zombies again, but this time, they require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them. In the third and last level, there is going to be three zombies that also require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them.

My Game Design

Game Design - Raj
Part 1 - Game Mechanics Rules - In my game the only rules are really going to be the objectives of the game. So, in other words, the rules are going to be to try and get as many math problems correct so as to defeat the zombies and gain access to the treasure chest. Gameplay - The player plays the game by trying to get math problems right and achieving the objectives of each level of the game. User Interface - There are really no game controls except using the mouse and number keys to answer the math questions given to the player. Everything else like the moving of the player and the transitioning of the levels in the game are done by scratch or the computer itself.
Part 2 - Objectives Story - There is going to be a story for my game. It is going to be comprised of a town losing it’s most precious items to zombies, and the town depending on a certain boy (the player) to get back its valuables from the zombies. Characters - The boy, the town’s mayor, and the zombies. The boy is going be a regular ten-year old boy wearing a blue-striped shirt and black shorts with black shoes. He is going to have dark-beige skin with light brown hair and blue eyes. The town mayor is going to be a middle-aged man wearing all black clothes and black shoes. He is going to have white skin with blond hair and brown eyes. The zombies are of course going to be disgusting-wrinkling undead humans wearing a yellow shirt and blue pants along with brown shoes. They are going to have green-colored skin with no hair and red eyes. Levels - In my game there are going to be three levels, the third one being a little more difficult than the last two. In the first two levels, there are going to be two zombies that require the player to get two math problems right for each of them. Also, the math problems are going to be ones of algebra. In the third level and last level, there is going to be two zombies again, but this time, they require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them.
Part 3 - Obstacles Bosses - There aren’t really bosses in the game, but instead, sort of zombies that act as normal obstacles that the player has to destroy by getting the math questions they get correct. Puzzles/Riddles - Players are going to solve math problems as part of the educational component of my game. By answering puzzles correctly, you can kill the zombies and attain the objective of each of the levels in the game. Leveling Up - There is going to be leveling up when the player manages to get enough math questions correct to kill all of the zombies and get to the treasure chest.
Part 4 - Chrome Graphics/Art - Yes there are going to be two different backgrounds. One of the backgrounds is going to just be a regular view of a house which represents the “battleground” for the player and the zombies. The other background is going to be representing the mayor’s office where the player meets as well as talks with the mayor along with, starts and ends the game. Sound/Music - No, there is going to be no music or sound playing in my game. Academic Content - In my game, the academic content is all about math because the player accomplishes the objective by getting the number of algebra questions right, needed to kill the zombies.

Process Of Creating My Game

Raj : Individual Developer’s Log #1 - May 21, 2015 - 1:30 - 1:55 - Tech Room - Our group members each worked on our own projects and we didn’t work together as a group for our group project. I made my sprites and backgrounds from my game on storyboard and didn’t at all work on my coding. I ended up finishing this work and for the next time I work on my individual project, I can start coding. In my work for today, I didn’t have any difficulties and everything went smoothly.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #2 - May 24, 2015 - 7:00 P.M. - 7:40 P.M. - Home - In today’s work session, I worked on my own project and I didn’t work with the rest of my group members on our group project. Today, I started coding my project by creating my introduction sequence where the character is first introduced to the game story and first learns about the problem. Also, I finished my title sequence and animated all of the letters for my title. In this work session, I had one small problem. One of my sprites wouldn’t appear when I first tried to code it because it was already hidden for some reason. Though, I fed the problem by using the wait and show blocks after the green flag was clicked. It helped properly transition my game well.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #3 - May 26, 2015 - 1:15 P.M. - 1:55 P.M. - Tech Room - In this work session we worked on our own projects and worked individually. Today, I made some sprites for my project and finished coding the whole beginning sequence for my game. The beginning sequence is all of the beginning part of my game that comes before my fighting scene. I didn’t have any problems today, either. Everything went smoothly and I was able to complete the coding and making sprites for my game.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #4 - May 27, 2015 - 5:50 P.M. - 6:40 P.M. - Home - In this work session, I worked on my own project and our group didn’t meet with each other and, so, therefore, we didn’t work on our group project. in this work session, I did a lot of the transitioning between each level and each part of my game. In other words, I worked on how the fighting scene in my game would work out. I also coded certain parts for my zombie sprites, for example, when they would appear and when they would hide, and how their health bars would be shown. While I was working, I had one problem today. It was not technical in any way, but moreover an event problem. In other words, I had a problem deciding what would happen to the player for getting a math problem in my game would be. To fix this problem, however, I decided to look at the list we made in class about what motivates people to learn, and so I decided to use a consequence as a motivation for the player to keep playing the game and learn more about math. In my game, though, to be more specific, I decided to create a variable called “Player’s Health” that would start at 20 at the beginning of each level and go down by five each time the player got a math question wrong. This would act as my consequence and solved my problem.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #5 - May 29, 2015 - 5:40 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. - Home - In this work session, I worked on my individual project and didn’t meet up with my group to work on our group project. In this work session, I kept coding my project and ended up creating more sprites, but this time they were letter sprites to label the different levels for my game. In my coding for today, most of what I did was code the letters so that they would appear at a certain coordinate when they received a certain message and also, made them hide for the rest of the game as well. For this work session, I only had one silly problem. When I was trying to see how my main player would look at a certain coordinate when he/she completes the level, I tried to move the sprite to that coordinate. Though, what I noticed was that nothing was happening. Despite this, it turned out that the sprite actually wasn’t shown in the stage and therefore was hidden. So, I had realized that I had not remembered to show the sprite when testing how it looked at a certain coordinate. So, of course, I fixed this problem by using the “show” block and making the sprite appear. Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #6 - May 30, 2015 - 9:30 A.M. - 12:30 A.M. - In this work session, I worked on my individual project and didn’t meet up with my group to work on our group project. In this work session, I finished coding my project, but I had to change my project a lot because there was a problem with it. So, now my project doesn’t have multiple levels, but instead only one level because of a problem I was having. This problem was that when the player went from the first level to the second, the fighting scene in the second scene was skipped and the game skipped directly to the level 3 title page and then went directly to the end scene. Therefore, as only one on my levels was working - my first one, I decided to fix the problem.

My Game -

Group Project - I worked with Sharupa, Abby, and Rachel

Sharupa - http://youthvoices.net/users/20azmals

Abby - http://youthvoices.net/users/20wua

Rachel - http://youthvoices.net/users/20zhangrr

What Abby, Rachel, and Sharupa's Games are About

Abby: My game is about spanish or, the player will enter the world of wonderland and will meet quests along the way and if they survive they may go back to earth! At least when they face the Queen of Hearts! The objective is to teach spanish to the player, if they don’t succeed then they will will be eaten by the jabberwocky and never see daylight on Earth, MWHAHA!(don’t ask) The game will focus on spanish dialogue between wonderland characters and the player, the Wonderlandian will ask favors and question, if the player can understand them they can move ahead if not then they have to keep staying there until they get it right! The boss maybe a little harder though, in which there is spanish quests!

Rachel R.: My game is about geography and history. The player types in his or her username and will have to answer a series a questions which enables them to go to a land in Europe where a war is taking place. To win the war, the player must be able to answer more questions and moves on to a different battle after they answer a certain number of question correctly. The objective is to win the last big, major battle which declares whoever wins the war. If you don’t succeed, you lose the war and get taken captive. The game will mainly be about locations and people in the past. If the player answers too many questions wrong, they will have to lose the battle and start over. Overall, there will be 4 battles, each with increasing difficulty in the questions.

Sharupa: My game is about science and the different branches. The player will be asked questions and be part of many of the objective is to complete all the missions to stop King Lasko’s evil plans to destroy Laskoville.. Some of them will be multiple choice. Others will be figuring out the answers. This will encourage people to try to get questions right. The increasing level of difficulty will be that you will get more questions your critical thinking ability. The objective of the game is to make players learn stuff relating to science. This is not going to be a multi player game. The chrome will be the story based on the game. The obstacles are really difficult questions that test your critical thinking skills and also you have to get past some real life obstacles that help you in life.

Abby, Rachel, and Sharupa's Game Designs-

Game Design - Abby
Part I - Game Mechanics A.Rules: There is really no specific rules towards the game, since it is in Spanish. So you technically fall down the rabbit hole and end up in wonderland. They will meet the characters who speak spanish, however you can get clues in English that is. But there is one important rule: no translator or outside help, although the creator, this I, may never know that, it means the player is a sore loser! B.Game Play/Engine: The mouse is the control in which the player will inevitably fall down the rabbit hole, and end up in Wonderland. They will interact with the characters who speak spanish with the exception of the Chesire Cat who will give the player some hints along the way. The rabbit will introduce the game in English! C. User Interface: The player is controlled through the use of the mouse, and the answers will be pretty short, nothing with much variation!
Part II- Objectives Story: The game is basically the spanish version of Wonderland, and it’s an adventure on its plus side. There is starting point and ending point so its starts from the Rabbit hole all the way to the Card Castle.(the King of hearts home) Along the way to the boss, the characters like the caterpillar, Cheshire Cat, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and etc, will challenge the player in spanish or simply give directions, you get on the right path that is if you understand it, MWHAHAHA! Characters: King of Hearts Caterpillar Princess of Hearts (Queen of Hearts Player (Alice or Alice's) White Rabbit Knave of Hearts Princess of Hearts Cheshire Cat Dormouse Flamemingo Cheshire cat, below) Tweedledum & Tweedledee March Hare Wonder Bird card soldiers White Queen Well of Wonder The Mad Hatter Jabberwocky Other Wonderful Creatures ( sisters of flora & fauna, etc.) (Alicetair & Alicia) Picture Credits: DeviantArt: More Collections Like EAH: Scarlet Feather by SnowFright www.deviantart.comAlistair Wonderland by FreshPlinfa-Ivy [PDF] DeviantArt: More Like [EVER AFTER HIGH] VECTOR 6# by obscurepairing www.deviantart.com Rebel Won - Alisia Daughter of Alice by StarsNeverStop Characters/adults - Ever After High Wiki everafterhigh.wikia.com Queen of Hearts The Official Rendering Request Topic - Signature and Avatar … www.marriland.comPart Rendered: I want the white background rendered out, so it's just Lizzie (the girl) [PDF] Group of: Disney | We Heart Itweheartit.com Most popular tags for this image include: alice in wonderland, wonderland, cats, Image - Briar and the Wishing Well - Thronecoming.png - Royal … royal-rebel-pedia.wikia.com File:Briar and the Wishing Well - Thronecoming.png Ever After High Hat Tastic Party Episode - Viewing Gallery galleryhip.comtoolbar creator C. Levels There are really no levels it’s just an adventure, when the player has gone through each character they can proceed. There is the boss though, the Queen of Hearts, so will be challenging you to a series of challenges which the may be levels.
Part III - Obstacles A. Bosses : The boss is that the Queen of Hearts will treat you to a series of challenges, which are designed like levels. If you past them you technically win which causes the Queen to be very very angry! B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will definitely be riddles since it’s in wonderland. The mad hatter will definitely be talking crazy! C. Leveling Up: Every time you complete an character dialogue or request you move on through wonderland all the way back home.
Part IV - Chrome A. Graphics/Art: The backgrounds are through wonderland, some may be drawn and some may be imported. The Characters will most likely be from other sources, or if not then drawn and perhaps customized. B. Sound/Music: There will be some music in between places because some place just don’t need music and some should have, like the mad hatter’s house! C. Academic Content: Spanish is incorporated into Wonderland, there will be an basic lesson before the game starts, then the player is guided by the Cheshire Cat in English. Not only will you learn spanish you can have a conversion and learn to use it on quests. Also the Mad Hatter can add in a little fun like a riddle in either spanish or english, which may not or may make sense!

Game Design- Rachel R.
Part 1- Game Mechanics Rules: In my geography/ history game, the only rule is to try to answer all questions correctly. That is the only rule. If you fail to answer one question correctly, you have to restart the level. Game Play/ Game Engine: The user must get past all the battles, but in order to do so, he/she/it must be able to answer all questions directed at them. A minimum of 4 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle. A maximum of 7 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle. User Interface (What are the game controls?): The only game controls in my game are the letter/ number keys to type in your answer. Press the ENTER button to submit your answer to the game.
Part 2- Objectives Story: A war in Europe between Germany and Russia is occurring and it seems as if Germany is winning, even though Germany started the war and wanted to take over. The player is a general on the Russian side and there are four more battles in order to determine who wins the war. In the last battle, Germany sends a vast army supplied with countless weapons and this is the most important fight. Characters: The player, as a Russian general. The German general, who is leading the German army. Levels: Each different battle represents a different level, and the later the battle, the harder the level. In total, there will be 4 levels.
Part 3- Obstacles Bosses (?): In the last battle, there will be a last general, who is a controlling leader and extremely hard to beat. In order to beat him, there will be harder questions about locations in Europe. Puzzles/ Riddles: In my game, there will be no puzzles and riddles, as I can see no way how to fit this into it. Leveling Up: Every time you answer at least 4 questions right, you move on to a harder level.
Part 4- Chrome Graphics/Art- Most likely all the scenes, backgrounds, and sprites I use will be from Scratch. There will be some graphic effects, but I don’t plan on creating my own sprites unless absolutely necessary. Sounds/ Music- There will sounds of clashing swords and the occasional yells from the soldiers fighting while questions are being answered. There will also be encouraging music to push the player on. Academic Content- The player will learn about the locations of places and the events that took place years, decades, centuries, or even eons ago. The purpose of this is to store more information about humanities in the player’s mind.

Game Design - Sharupa
Part I - Game Mechanics A. Rules: You can’t use any knowledge from the internet or from any notes. This is a test of your own knowledge about science. Only for some questions you are allowed to use some information. Also you have to get all of the questions right in order to get onto harder missions. B.Game Play/Engine: You are going to get a missions to stop King Lasko who is doing evil in his kingdom. C. User Interface: The person playing the game is going to to have to have to use all of the keys on the keyboard. If not all at least some since there are a variety of questions that could be asked such as multiple choice and critical thinking questions.
Part II - Objectives A. Story: You are in the kingdom of King Lasko. His kingdom is called Laskoville. You are one of the smartest people and in secret you’re a secret agent but no one else knows that other than you. You live in a mansion and have everything you want. A ton of weird stuff is happening in King Lasko’s kingdom so you get missions to stop all the corrupt stuff happening to help the people. So you have to stop him doing evil by accomplishing all the missions successfully. B. Characters King Lasko who is the ruler of Laskoville. (corrupt) The player aka the amazing secret agent C. Levels: Each mission is like a game level. If you complete one mission you go onto the next one which is harder than the last mission. Each mission will start out easy and will become harder.
Part III - Obstacles A. Bosses(?) : The boss that you have to defeat is the evil King Lasko and he will be asking you questions. You will have to answer the questions he asks you and they will be all critical thinking questions related to science. He will sometimes come in disguises but you won’t be able to recognize him unless he conveys his thoughts. B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will be no riddles since I don’t know any science riddles relating to science. C. Leveling Up: Every time you answer a specific amount of questions for each mission you move onto the next mission which is considered another level if you think about it.
Part IV - Chrome A. Graphics/ Art: The backgrounds such as the places where the missions will take place. I will probably upload some of the backgrounds but most likely they will be from Scratch. The characters will probably be from Scratch as well. so there really isn’t going to be that many cool looking graphics. B. Sound/Music: Whenever the player gets question right there is going to be a sound. If they get a question wrong there will be another sound. There will be a ton of different music playing to give the player motivation. C. Academic Content: So by answering the questions related to chemistry and physics and other stuff related to science people playing this game will gain a better understanding of the different branches of science. These questions will be related to many aspects of our everyday lives and how science is related to them.

Process Of Creating Group Game -

Group Developers Log #1 5/28/15 Tech Room, School BSGE 1:20 P.M.-2:00 P.M.

Sharupa: In the today’s group meeting we were busy remaking our group account since we forgot the password to our old one. We still continued working on our individual projects but at the same we started connected our projects. I started working on the credit rolls by making the backgrounds. I finished all of most of them now and basically I am done with the credit rolls. Now I won't have to do it on the 29th which is tomorrow . Looks like a ton of relaxing time for me don't you think.

Abby: In today’s meeting, things were chaos and busy. We are so very behind schedule because things are running late. However we sorted things out partially. Afterwards we went into doing our individual project and we scheduled other meetings where we will actually work on the project.

Rachel R: During today’s session, our group had forgotten our password and we went through about 10 minutes of arguing so in the end, we just decided to make a new account, with a new password and username. After I finished this, I still had some time left so I spent it on working on my individual project.

Raj: In today’s meeting, it was chaos and everything was so disorganized. In this group session, I worked on the beginning scenes for my group project. In other words, I worked on the beginning part of my group’s project where all of our game’s names are shown and the player has to click on one of our games so that they can start playing it.

Group Developer’s Log #2 - May 31, 2015 - Each Of Our Homes - 1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.

Sharupa: Today, we all met as a group and didn’t work on our individual projects. Today, we each checked over all of the other group members’ projects. I believe that everyone did a really nice job and I think that we can all do well on this project. Though, we aren’t so great as a group because during the meeting and checking over each other’s projects - everyone started to yell at each other a lot. It just never stopped. I finally got everyone to quiet down though being so smart as we can all see. This is what you get for having the sass master in your group. Oh yeah out of the entire group I was the one yelling the most and i think i almost lost my voice. I’m glad that vitamin water exists at least. It cured the pain and the complete suffering I had to face while working with my group. And pizza was also a great help. I was hungry while screaming at them. And then after a whole pizza I was still hungry so I ate donuts too. My group puts too much pressure on me thats for sure. BUT WE ALL SURVIVED!!!! YAY!!!!!! I forgot who started the fight but I know it’s not me thats for sure.

Raj : In this work session we all worked as a group and met up with each other. In this session, we all checked over each other’s projects. I thought that everyone else’ projects were very interesting and showed a lot of effort. Though, in our meeting, it was anarchy because everyone was yelling at each other to fix parts of their project and it was just crazy.

Rachel R.: Today, we met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t do work on our individual projects because they were all done. Instead, we checked over each other’s projects and made sure that everyone project were good and made sense. However, our meeting was completely chaotic because we all just kept yelling at each other. It was like such a headache. But we got over our fights and I’m confident that we’ll get decent grades on this.

Abby: In this work session, we all met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t work on our individual projects as we completed them fully. Today, we looked over each other’s projects and determined how good each of them were. However, it was a crazy meeting because everyone had to shout at each other when trying to tell the others about the mistakes they made and the fact that some people were not there on time! Of and sharupa thinks she yelled a lot, I gonna press charges!

Final Group Developers Log: Plan for Improvement, June 3, 2015, 1:20 P.M.-1:30 P.M., Tech Room, BSGE

Sharupa: My project would be totally better if I made the characters fit their descriptions. like making the evil king look more evil. Also I should make more levels which are the missions of the game. also i should have more variety of questions like different question design. In addition some music would also be good too since it would just give my game more swag. There should also be more dialogue and more drama to make the plot of the game and the game itself interesting. I also think that I should’ve made the other sprites ask the questions rather than having the secret agent say the questions since this is really about completing missions and defeating all the other sprites in order to gain success and make the village safe. There should also be more backgrounds because the more backgrounds you have the more variety you have in your game.

Abby: My game would be better if I actually added levels and put less hints. So I think it’s too easy, and I only have 2 hints, he he he. Music would be good too, since my music is too crazy and very limited. In addition, I want to make more spanish lesson with Sr. Rump so the player can be properly educated. Furthermore, I want to seriously fix the part where both players appear in the Mad hatter’s tea house. My game would be awesome in my opinion if that was fixed up. By the way the groups project would be better if the objective were introduced. I may also consider in critical thinking in spanish that will make the game more challenge and computer destroying encouraging.

Rachel R.: My project would be so much better if I had used much more harder questions, seeing as how easy everyone thought my questions were. There were questions like “In what year did Christopher Columbus discover America?” which I could’ve replaced with questions like “In what year did France give America the Statue of Liberty?” Also, I could’ve used 49 less backdrops, using the same correct! and incorrect! backdrop. Instead, I used different correct and incorrect backdrops for each question. In all, I had 55 backgrounds, most of which was unnecessary. It would’ve also been a good idea to add some victory music to encourage the player to go on.

Raj: There are many improvements that I could make to my individual project. For this work session, we worked in a group, but we ended up working on our individual projects. This is because by improving each of our individual projects, we can improve the quality of the group project as a whole. So, for my project, I can add music to make my project more exciting and more enthusiastic, so that the player will get more interested in the game. Also, I want to try and improve how my game transitions because certain sprites and backdrops appear a little too late or early, so that the game looks a little weird at certain times. For this work session, we didn’t have any problems and were, therefore, well off for our work. Everything went smoothly for once as a group.

Group Game -

My individual project was one part of me and my group members' group project. We all contributed to it with our games that were each unique and tried to get the player to have fun while learning about various school subjects.

Ayiti: The Cost Of Life Game

by: 20mannans

Ayiti: The cost of life is a game where the point of the game is to test your skills on how to survive with very little. You are playing as 5 family members that are very poor and have very little. Your mission is to survive four years without all of your family members all dead, it sounds quite simple but its much more complicated. You must choose a strategy (health,education,money,happiness) that will help you thrive through out the game. Its very hard to mantain a balance of all 4 stratagies in order to win even though your supposed to focus on 1 main strategy.
The first time I played I had no idea what I was supposed to do and so I realized I wasnt implying any strategy in order to win. Turns out you have to click on the character and then click on the place you want to send them to. But I didnt know that at first when I was playing, but even then i survived through almost 4 years until i realized i was doing something wrong and so i quit the game and restarted.
The second time i played i decided i would go with education as a strategy. Since educations gives you boost in the game and can get you good paying jobs. I sent the kids to school where they got some education from Catholic school and the parents to work . But then the family turned broke and so the kids had to go back home. So I thought education did'nt really work out and so i sent some of the kids to volunteer to get some education but they got too sick and died.
The third time I played i tried to focus on health and it didnt work out so well because the family was very broke and easily became ill by working and so there was no money left to send them to the clinic.

My experience playing "Ayiti: The Cost of Life"

by: 20breent

"Ayiti: The Cost of Life" is a very interesting game. My first game, I had no idea what to do so I kept all of my family at home and they all got sick and died the first summer. My second time, I started to figure out what to do, and everybody but the father died by Year 3. However, the father survived with 2 education, no diplomas, 0 health, and 0 happiness. My third time was not much better. Only the mother and father were left at the end of year 4. The mom had 0 health, 0 happiness, 4 education, and 1 diploma. The dad had 0 health, 0 happiness, 2 education, and no diplomas.