All news in Gaming and New Media

"Keep Things a Secret" based on "Little Red Riding Hood" by Grimm Brothers

"Keep Things a Secret" - Act 1
"Keep Things a Secret" - Positive Scene
"Keep Things a Secret" - Negative Scene

A: Investigate - My Fairy Tale Choice
a) Story title and author:
Little Red Riding Hood
By: Brothers Grimm

b) Link to webpage that has full text of the story
http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/LittRed.shtml#3

c) Identify the main character (who makes the decision?)
The main character in the story is the little red riding hood herself. She makes the ethical decision of telling the wolf where she lives.

d) Identify the ethical decision
The ethical decision was when little red riding hood told the wolf where her grandmother lives.

e) Describe the character’s
The characters in the fairy tale are the little red riding hood, the wolf, the grandmother and the huntsman.

f) Describe an alternate ending
While walking by the hut, the huntsman hears the cries of despair coming from the inside of the small house. Frightened, he ran away from the hut never to be seen again. In desperate need of help, little red riding hood and the grandmother began to kick the wolf’s stomach until he became so sick he threw up the little girl and the old woman. After exiting the wolf’s evil depths, they called the local police and the wolf got punished for his wrong doing.

g) Explain the moral/ethical lesson you will teach
The moral/ethical lesson you will learn is that you should never talk to strange, especially do not give out personal infromation to people you don’t know.

B: Design
a) Script
Scene 1 ~ Home
Characters ~ Little Red Riding Hood, Little Red Riding Hood’s Mother
Mother: Honey, can you please go over to grandma’s house and give her this sack of money, she’s awfully poor and she needs to pay FairyTaleInsurance her monthly fee.
LRRH: Sure Mom, but may I ask a question, since when did grandma have insurance.
Mother: She got insurance last month when her home got destroyed because of Hurricane BlowYourHouseDown.
LRRH: Okay, I’ll tell grandma you said hi!
Mother: Be careful honey, be back before sunset!
LRRH: Of course, by mom.

Scene 2 ~ The Forest
Characters ~ Little Red Riding Hood, The Wolf
The Wolf: Good day, Little Red Riding Hood
LRRH: Thank you kindly, wolf.
The Wolf: Where are you going so early Little Red Riding Hood?
LRRH: To my grandmother's. I need to give her money to pay off her insurance.
The Wolf: Where does your grandmother live, Little Red Riding Hood? I could give her the money myself, it would make it much easier for you.
[Ethical Decision = If Little Red Riding Hood tells the wolf the location of her grandma's house]

POSITIVE DECISION
[Little Red Riding Hood doesn’t tell the Wolf where she lives]
LRRH: It’s okay, I’ll give this to grandma on my own. You don’t need to know anything.
Wolf: No no no! I insist. It would be my pleasure.
LRRH: It’s okay, I got this.
[LRRH exits the stage] [The Wolf goes in the other direction]

Scene 3 ~ Grandma’s House
Characters ~ LRRH, Grandma
LRRH: Good day Grandma. How are you doing?
Grandma: I’m doing fine. What brings you here so early.
LRRH: I just wanted to give you this sack of money to pay off your insurance.
Grandma: Oh! Isn’t that lovely. Thank you so much honey. I’ll make sure it stays safe.
LRRH: Okay! By the way grandma, mom said hi.
Grandma: Tell her I said hi as well.
LRRH: Gotta go grandma! See ya around!
Grandma: Run along honey.

NEGATIVE DECISION
[Little Red Riding Hood tells the Wolf where she lives]
LRRH: Oh thank you wolf! That would be much help. My grandmother lives west of Cinderella Avenue. She lives in a big wood hut, you can’t miss it.
Wolf: Thank you young lady, I’ll make sure I get there quickly. [Wolf exits the stage]
[LRRH begins to walk in the opposite direction]
LRHH: Oh my! I forgot! I promised mother that I’d tell grandma she said hi. Oh dear me, I told Wolf to go for nothing. [LRRH exits the stage]
Scene 3 ~ Grandma’s House
Characters ~ LRRH, The Wolf, Grandma
[LRRH enters the house, wolf is already inside]
LRRH: Wolf, wolf! You don’t need to give grandma the money, I needed to tell her something else anyways!
Wolf: It’s alright I’ll deliver the message.
LRRH: No, it’s okay, if you do all the work, grandma will think I don’t care about her. Just hand over the money.
[Wolf runs off the stage into the wilderness]
Wolf: You’ll never catch me little girl! Don’t you know, you should never trust a wolf!

C: Project Plan
Resources
Tools
Computer
Scratch
Google Drive
Materials
1. Sprites
2. Backgrounds
Labor
For this specific project, I didn’t receive any help.
Location
1. During this project, I will be working at home because of several reasons such as: Good internet access, a quiet and mellow place to work in, a more comfortable working station.
Time
During this project, I plan to work on this every day from wednesday to monday day for about 30 minutes.
Money/Budjet
For this project, I plan to have a budget of $20 max.
Action Plan
Brainstorm, write down whatever ideas come to mind.
Look through all of my notes and gather everything that is necessary.
Write down the script, 1 positive outcome, 1 negative outcome to the viewers decision.
Implement the scenes into storyboardthat.com
Implement the scene/storyboard into Scratch™.
Test out the animation.
Upload the animation to Scratch™.

D: Developer’s Journal
Entry #1
Session #1 ~ 4/30/14; School; 1:58pm
-Time spent ~ 40 minutes ---> 1:15pm - 1:55pm
-Summary of what you did ~ In this session, I drew out my sprites’ as well as I worked on the first 10-30 seconds of my first scene.
-Problem(s) ~ In this session I did not encounter any problems.

Entry #2
Session #2 ~ 5/3/14; Home; 6:26pm
-Time spent ~2 hours ---> 5:15pm - 6:15pm
-Summary of what you did ~ In this session, I finished and uploaded my animation.

E. Evaluate
After completing the project, I was happy about several things as well as there were some things that I could’ve improved on when constructing the animation. First of all, I was particularly happy with the simplicity of my script. Last animation I only used wait blocks, as my animation got longer, I had to add up the time making it more and more difficult to be precise. But on this project I used broadcast blocks resulting in an easier to follow animation. But aside from that, I wasn’t particularly happy about how well my animation followed my storyboard. It had the same concept but the storyboard used a different background and a much shorter version of the animation. Overall, I improved in this animation as well as it became more sophisticated but it didn’t follow the storyboard in a very good matter.

"Jack and the Beanstalk" by Joseph Jacobs (Interactive Version)

by: 19tianc
Title as above, title slide
Title as above, act 1 slide
Title as above, act 2a slide
Title as above, act 2b slide

A: Investigate- My Fairy Tale Choice
a) Jack and the Beanstalk by Joseph Jacobs
b) http://www.authorama.com/english-fairy-tales-15.html
c) Jack
d) Jack can either buy the beans from the old man, or leave and sell the cow for regular money.
e) Jack bought the beans, and his mother scolded him when he returned home. However, later on, the beans did turn out to be magical, and led him to an ogre’s home. There, he was able to bring home riches to his mother.
f) He goes to sell his cow, and his mother is happy and so is he, but then after a while they get poor and die from starvation.
g) The moral of the story is don’t be afraid to take risks, because it may be the better choice.
B: Design
This animation takes place on a farm. There are two sprites at first, the mother, her son, and a cow, then a trader, ogres, then other object sprites such as a beanstalk.
Scene One (Farm)
[Enter Jack, stage left]
[Enter Mother, stage right]
[Enter cow, stage left]
Mother: Jack! The cow isn’t giving milk anymore!
Jack: It’s fine, mother. We can just sell her.
Mother: We need her for money…
Jack: Maybe we can wait and see if she makes milk.
Mother: She’s so old, I don’t think she will…
Jack: How badly do we need money?
Mother: Aww, you’re such an innocent kid…
Jack: ...Mom.
Mother: Oh yeah sorry. Anyway we will run out of food in three days if we don't get more money.
Jack: Why didn’t you tell me sooner?
Mother: Even I wasn't aware of it! Anyway, think of something!
Jack: I still say sell her.
Mother: We can’t!
Jack: But we need the money now. I’ll get a job, okay?
Mother: Well, if it works…
Jack: Mother, I know it will work.
[Exit Mother, stage right]
[Exit cow and Jack together, stage left]
Scene Two (Trading Post)
[Enter Jack and cow, stage left]
[Enter Trader, stage right]
Jack: Hello, what can I have for this cow?
Trader: Well, for such a nice cow, you can have these beans.
Jack: Beans? What good are those?
Trader: These are magic beans.
Jack: Magic beans? What exactly are those?
Trader: Beans that are magical.
Jack: Okay yeah, but what do they do?
Trader: They will grow overnight into a beanstalk. If you climb it, you will find a secret.
Jack: [Thinks] That sounds so cool!...But so impossible.
Trader: Well?
Jack: [Thinks] Should I take them?

Viewer Interaction:
Jack: [Ask viewer the question] Should I take the beans or ask him for money?
[two sprites appear, one box labeled “take the beans” and the other labeled “ask for money”. [Wait for the answer.]
Take the Beans Ask for money
Jack: Okay, I’ll take it.
Trader: Great!
Jack: Thank you.
Trader: Bye now! Enjoy the beans!
[Exit Trader, stage right]
[Exit Jack, stage left]
Scene 3 (Farm)
[Enter Mother, stage right]
[Enter Jack, stage left]
Mother: Jack! You’re back! How much did you get?
Jack: I got these magical beans.
Mother: Beans?! You fool!
Jack: The trader said-
Mother: You gullible waste! Go to your room, no supper!
Jack: Okay.
[Exit Jack, stage left]
[Exit Mother, stage right]
Scene 4 (Room)
[Enter Jack, stage left]
Jack: Ugh. I really messed up.
Jack: I should just throw these beans out the window.
[Walks to window, throws beans out]
[Sits on bed, cries and eventually falls asleep.]
Scene 5 (Farm)
[Show beanstalk, middle of stage]
[Enter Mother, stage right]
Mother: Jack! Your beans were magical!
[Enter Jack, stage left]
Jack: They were?
Mother: Look at that!
Jack: Wow. [Climbs beanstalk] I’m going to go see what’s up there.
Scene 6 (Clouds)
[Enter Jack, stage bottom]
Jack: Hello? Anyone here?
[Enter female ogre, stage right]
Female Ogre: HELLO! I AM OGRETTE.
Jack: Nice to meet you!
Ogrette: NICE TO MEET YOU TOO. WOULD YOU LIKE GOLD CHICKEN?
Jack: A gold chicken? Sure, why not?
Ogrette: OKAY. JUST HAPPY, HAVE NEW FRIEND, YOU!
Ogrette: CHICKEN LAY GOLD EGG! YOU RICH!
Jack: Awesome.
[Enter male ogre, stage right]
Male Ogre: FEE FI FO FUM! I SMELL THE BLOOD OF AN ENGLISHMAN!
[Exit Jack, stage left]
Ogrette: PARDON MY HUSBAND, OGRE.
Ogre: WHAT IS THIS?
Ogrette: OH, NO WORRY! HIS NAME IS… where is he?
Scene 7 (Farm)
[Enter Jack, stage left]
[Enter Mother, stage right]
Jack: Mother, I got a golden chicken!
Mother: Good boy! Now we can be rich beyond our wildest dreams.
[Background change: And they did. After a couple of weeks and hundreds of golden eggs, they were the richest in the village. And of course, they lived happily ever after. THE END Moral: Always take a risk, and think ahead.]
Jack: Instead of beans, how about some money?
Trader: Well, alright, if you insist!
[Exit Trader, stage right]
[Exit Jack, stage left]
Scene 3 (Farm)
[Enter Mother, stage right]
[Enter Jack, stage left]
Jack: I got bags of money!
Mother: How much?
Jack: $100!
Mother: Wow, that’s enough to keep us for a couple weeks!
Jack: Great, isn’t it?
[Change background: Two months later…]
Mother: Jack, we’re absolutely broke!
Jack: We don’t have the cow,
Mother: no chickens,
Jack: no pigs,
Mother: nothing to sell!
Jack: What do we do?
Mother: We need to beg.
Scene 4 (Street)
Jack: Please, just some food!
Mother: Food, anything.
Jack: Rotten meat, expired juice!
Mother: Anything, please!
Jack: Please!
Mother: PLEASE!
[Change background: 5 years later…]
Jack: We’re starving.
Mother: I know.
Jack: We’re going to die.
Mother: I know.
Jack: I knew we shouldn’t have sold that cow!
Mother: I know.
Jack: [Thinks] Didn’t the man mention magic beans?
Mother: What can we do… we’re poor, hungry…
Jack: I guess that’s that.
Mother: I know.
[Change background: In the end, both of them died of starvation. THE END Moral: Always take a risk, and think ahead.]

Storyboards
See above
C: Plan
Project Plan
1. Resources Used
Tools: Computer, Internet, Scratch
Materials: Sprites, blocks, scripts
Labor: Myself
Location: Home, school
Time: Until May 2nd
Money: $0
2. Plan of Action
Sequence of steps:
1. Investigate: Choose your story and research it.
2. Design: Write your script.
3. Create storyboards.
4. Plan your project, including the materials and time needed.
5. Create your project!
Schedule
1. Create scenes before the decision.
2. Create the decision scene.
3. Create the positive scene.
4. Create the negative scene.
Developer’s Journal
Session #1 4/30/14 2:02 pm, school
Time spent: 1 hour
I started the Unit 3 Project and finished it up to the choice. I used the Scratch program to start my animation.
I had some trouble with the dialogue because the part before the choice wasn’t one minute long.
I ended up adding a lot more dialogue to the characters so that it fulfilled that requirement.
Session #2
5/1/14 6:04 PM, Home
Time spent: 1 hour
I continued working on the Unit 3 project and got a considerable amount done. I finished the positive story, so now the only thing I have left is the negative one.
I had a problem with timing in a lot if places. Near the end I forgot to put a couple of wait blocks which really messed it up.
I was able to track down the area with the problem and fix it so that it runs smoothly.
Session #3
5/3/14 11:02 PM, Home
Time spent: 1 hour
I finished my Unit 3 Project, getting the negative story done.
I didn’t really have any problems this time. The hardest part was getting the cow to leave the stage.
It was really easy to solve the problem. There was an extra broadcast block that wasn’t needed and when I took it out the cow left the stage.

E: Evaluate
My animation for the Unit 3 project followed the design specifications properly. The entire animation is two minutes long, and the story is interactive. There is a scene where the viewer can make a choice between taking the beans or money, and the story branches off into two parts after a decision is made. Those two parts are both at least one minute each and it tells a lesson about positive and negative decisions. My script may be a little different from the actual animation because it the animation wasn’t one minute long, so I had to add more lines. The storyboards are still similar because it tells the basic plot.

"The Princess and the Pea" By Hans Christian Anderson (interactive version)

by: 19jangs
"The Princess and the Pea" By Hans Christian Anderson, title
the title stated above
the title stated above
the title stated above

A: Investigate- The Princess and the Pea

a.) The Princess and the Pea By Hans Christian Andersen

b.) http://www.speakaboos.com/full-text/the-princess-and-the-pea

c.) The main character of the story is the princess that tells the truth to the prince.

d.) The ethical decision is whether or not the all the princesses should tell the truth or not. But in the end, there is always this one princess who tells the truth to the prince and in the end they get married.

e.) There are multiple princesses that try out to see which princess best matches up with the prince. The princesses that lie to the prince telling him that they had comfortable sleep when they actually didn’t, they won’t get to marry the prince. However, the one princess that tells the truth is the one that gets to marry the prince in the end.

f. ) The alternate ending is that once the prince asks the princess how her sleep was last night, she says that she slept great and that sleeping on all those mattresses was extremely comfortable. Then it proves she is not a true princess, so she won’t get married to the prince. This may result in the prince not having princess to marry.

g.) The moral lesson is that you should always tell the truth and not to judge people by what they look like. Get to know people first, then make up your mind. The lesson is that even the smallest things can make a big difference. Sometimes we don't think that something so small can make an impact but this story tells us that something so small is what made the difference.

B: Design- Story Script

Setting: the castle

Characters: multiple princesses, the main princess, the prince, mother, the servant

Title: The Princess and the Pea

1.) Scene 1

Mother: I will only accept nothing less than the best, especially for my son. Son, you deserve the best woman in the whole world. Do not settle for just any pretty face. A prince must be named to a princess.
Prince: Got that mom.
Mother: But remember, a real princess is not just the daughter of a king and queen. A real princess is delicate and refined and only eats the finest foods. She is well-educated and reads only the greatest books and poems. She wears the loveliest dresses, and carries herself with grace and dignity. And the first thing you will notice, a real princess has the voice of an angel.
[The prince goes to travel]

2.) Scene 2

[He met the Queen and the King, and they were impressed by his politeness in the lobby]

3.) Scene 3

[Goes upstairs to meet the princess in her room]
Prince: Hello Princess.
Princess: Hello Prince.
Prince: [thinks] Her voice is so crackly and hoarse.
Prince: Um, are you alright Princess? Do you want want me to bring you a glass of water?
Princess: No, I’m not a thirsty.
Prince: Well it was nice to meet you. I must be going, it is getting late.

4.) Scene 4

[It was a terrible thunderstorm outside that night]
Princess: My driver got lost in the rain. Would you be kind enough to provide us shelter for tonight?
Servant: Of course you are welcome to stay. Allow me to take your coat.
Princess: Thank you so much sir.
Mother: My dear son, she is no princess. What kind of princess goes out in the middle of the night knocking on people’s doors?
Prince: But mother, I’ve never seen anything more graceful than that.
Mother: Alright, then, if you don’t believe me, we will put her to a test.
Prince: Fine, if that is what it takes.
Mother: Tonight we will dress her bed with ten of the softest, fluffiest feather mattresses in the castle. Then under the ten mattresses we will place a single uncooked pea. if the pea disturbs her sleep, then we will know only a real princess would be delicate and refined enough to feel the pea.
Prince: [thinks] Nobody would be able to feel such a small of pea.

5.) Scene 5

[tomorrow morning]
Servant: How was last night’s sleep Princess?

Viewer Interaction:
Princess: Should I pick [postive: tell the truth and what last night actually felt like] or [negative: lie to them and tell them it was wonderful]?
Positive Negative
Princess: I am so tired. Please do not tell the Prince, but that bed is awful, I felt like there was a brick inside it. I did not sleep a wink all night.
[The Prince rushes over and kneels down beside her]
Prince: You are a true princess, aren’t you? Please marry me and live here and I will get you any mattress you choose.
Princess: Just promise that you will never let me sleep on that mattress ever again.
Prince: Yes, I love you so much.
Princess: It was okay and it was not that bad. I enjoyed it. Thank you for letting me sleep here.
Prince: Oh, okay you welcome. Are you leaving right now?
Princess: Yeah, thanks tho.
Prince: Welcome again. Bye have fun!

Storyboards: see pictures above

C: Project Plan:

1. Resources Used:

Tools- Scratch, Computer, USB Flash Drive, Internet access
Materials- sprites, backgrounds
Time-5-6 hours
Location-home and school
Labor- I will do all the work myself.
Money/ Capital: Budget-nothing

2. Plan Of Action:

1.) Procedure: Sequence of Steps:
2.) First I must pick a story and write the script to it.
3.) Then, I have to decide on the positive and negative side
4.) After that, I have to design the cover
5.) Next, I have to design the storyboards
6.) Write up this project plan
7.) Design the project of Scratch

3. Credits:

Storyline: http://www.speakaboos.com/full-text/the-princess-and-the-pea
Backgrounds: https://www.storyboardthat.com/classroom/users/19jangs

D: Developer’s Journal:

Session 1: 5/2/14, school

Time Spent: 70 minutes

Summary: I went to Scratch and first had to import the title page on the storyboardthat website to Scratch. Once that was done, I realized that if I added more scenes or separate storyboards I could keep on downloading the images and import to Scratch. It would be much more easier than actually scripting the whole entire thing. From there, I went to the storyboardthat website and there I expanded my storyboards and created more. After that, I just kept on downloading them, unzipping them, and then importing them onto Scratch. Once done after that, I just set it up ad spaced out all the timing correctly to put it all together.

Problems: I didn't exactly have many problems. The only probably main problem I had was organizing all my files after unzipping them and making sure which png was after one another.

Solutions: I just named it different documents so it would all work out and I could learn to differentiate everything.

Changes: I wish I could change a couple of the characters because some of the character was supposed to look and stay the same throughout the whole entire animation, but I changed certain part of their look such as the skin tone so the viewer might think of it as a different character.

E: Evaluate:

The Design Specification: Apparently my animation is about twenty seconds less than two minutes long. It is approximately 105-110 seconds. It is interactive meaning that when the princess asks the main question, the viewer can reply back with either "I am so tired. I did not sleep with a wink last night" or "ummmm...it was okay and it was not that bad." Then, depending on what the viewer chooses, the story goes on and there are two different ways because the viewer is actually making the princess make a decision. Depending on what decision, the endings come out differently. The viewer makes two choices. One where the princess lies and the prince doesn't marry her. On the other hand, the princess tells the servant honestly and in the end she gets married to the prince. Telling the servant what she truly felt and experienced is the positive side, whilst, lying leads the prince with no bride. The two different ethical decisions don’t add up to one minute. One is 15 seconds and the other one is 20 seconds. There were no credits to give to the other people. Moreover, it is appropriate for kids 13 and younger and I handed it in on time.

Script: The script was properly followed like the one I wrote above. The dialogue and everything each character was supposed to say was done in the right format and in order. Though I did skip a little bit of the Queen also as known as the Prince's mom's speech in the beginning. But overall, the viewers' would understand what the qualities of a princess were and what the Mom expected of a princess that the prince would later on marry. The number of scenes may have been more than the ones I listed above, but it followed the structure of the story line and how the story moved on.

Storyboard: The title page is simply the cover of my whole animation. After that, the three different storyboards are the ones that represent the three major acts that happen in the animation. The first one is everything that happens before the ethical decision. This consists of the prince going to different castles to meet new princesses and also the hope of finding one that he can marry. Then, Act 2A is the positive side of the ethical decision. What happens is that the princess tells the truth and she later on gets married to the prince in the end. On the other hand, Act 2B is the negative side. This is when the princess lies and she doesn't get to marry the prince because she doesn't meet the qualities that the prince was looking for.

"Rapunzel" by Brothers Grimm (Interactive version)

A. Investigation- Rapunzel
a) Rapunzel by Brothers Grimm
b) http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~spok/grimmtmp/009.txt
c) The Prince
d) If to follow the music and go to Rapunzel’s tower or turn back the other way.
e) If he chooses Rapunzel’s tower, he will go to meet Rapunzel and befriend her. If he turns back, he will let Rapunzel become trapped in the tower for the rest of her life.
f)If he turns back, he will let Rapunzel become trapped in the tower for the rest of her life.
g) Being curious can sometimes lead to the benefit or self and others.

B. Design

Story Script
Characters
Mother- Minor character
Father- Minor character
Rapunzel- Main character
Witch- Main character
Prince- Main character
Scene 1

[Background is a magical garden and a tall tower]
[Mother and Father enter stage left]
Mother: I want to have some rapunzel to eat off that garden or I shall fall ill and die!
Father: I will get you rapunzel wife whatever the cost.
[Father climbs into garden and is confronted by witch as she moves from stage right]
Witch: You dare to come here! you can have the rapunzel as long as you give me your firstborn child!
[Changes to a bedroom where mother is giving birth to Rapunzel and Witch appears in which she takes child]
Witch: Mine, called dibs
[17 years later]
[Changes back to magical garden and tower background with witch entering left]

Witch: Rapunzel let down your hair
Rapunzel: kay
[Blonde hair roles down from top of tower and witch climbs up]
[Background changes to Rapunzel room with Rapunzel standing at center]
Rapunzel: Will I be able to see the outside world?
Witch: You will never leave this place until the end of time!
Scene 2.
[Changes to a grassy field with tower in the distance]
[Horse and Prince ride from stage left]
[A song sang is played]
Prince: That is a wonderful sound of music, should I follow it or turn back now?

Viewer Interaction:
[Two sprites appear, one labeled turn back and one labeled go follow, Pause until viewer chooses a sprite]

Positive Negative
[Background changes to tower as prince climbs it]
Prince: I must know the source of the sounds!
Prince: Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down yur long hair. [Hair appears falling down the tower]
Prince: Yey, away magic hair! Rapunzel: Kay [Background changes to Rapunzel’s tower]
Rapunzel: OH MY GOD UR NOT THE WITCH WAT.
Prince: Wah woah no. I’m a friend and you got some nice singing.
Rapunzel: Do I now? Prince: Yeah, wanna leave?
Rapunzel: Yeah Prince: I shall help ya den girl
[Prince leaves and a day passes as the background turns from morning to night]
Prince: Back, let down your long hair!
[Witch appears and curses him and he dissapears]
Rapunzel: No my love! [She jumps out of the tower to find him him]
[Shows after a few years later] Prince: Rapunzel is that you? With a child?
[Prince turns other direction to go left of stage]
Prince: Welp what can you do, weird music is weird.
[Background changes to Rapunzel’s tower with witch and Rapunzel standing inside]
Rapunzel: Oh I shall become stuck in this tower forever!
Witch: Yeah, stuck in here forever with me! AHAHA!
Rapunzel: Welp. [Changes background to broken and old version of tower]
Rapunzel: Oh dear…Has it been 60 years or something.
Witch: Yes trapped here forever!
Rapunzel: NOooooOOOoooOo

Storyboard: see pictures above

Project Plan
Resources-Internet, Google Drive/Docs
Tools- Scratch, Computer
Materials-Sprites, backgrounds, sounds
Time-9:00-9:30, 3:00-:10:00
Location-Home Bed room
Labor-original story by Brother’s Grimm
Action Plan-I thought of trying to make something similar to the original Rapunzel story and Tangled.
Money/Budget-0

A Plan of Action
Sequence of steps:
1. Find what type of story I want to do
2. Start drawing the backgrounds/scenes
3. Start drawing the sprites being used
4. Put in any additional things such as music
5. Animate the sprites and story
6. Animate credits
7. Upload

Developer’s Journal
4/16/14 9:00pm
I was working on my backgrounds as I traveled to another country over break to match my storyline. Since I had many hours while on the ride, I had a lot of time on redesigning and designing characters and backgrounds and how the story will be planned out
5/4/14 12:00pm
It was hard on trying to complete the project as it took a lot of scripts, more specifically broadcasting in order to make everything flow correctly. Also of how I had messed a part in between the final part in which took a lot of time to fix up where all the backgrounds and the character dialogue and sprites started to overlap onto each other and also going ahead of each other.

E:Evaluation.
The design specifications all fit the project. It includes more than 2 mins of animation. The viewer is able to affect what the character’s choices are and how others around them are affected. The story includes two different choices that lead to two different endings. It teaches a lesson of how destiny will lead you to good paths through your life making it that it could also have a bad outcome. It was kid friendly because of how cartoony looking the characters are. The animation relates to the script because of it having the dialogue between characters be based around the the script and also where and what the characters are doing. The animation relates to the storyboard because of the character designs and the background designs and where each character is in the animation.

The Little Mermiad, by Hans Christian Andersen (interactive animations)

by: 19spajica
Title as Above, Title Slide
Title as Above, Act 1
Title as Above, Act 2A
Title as Above, Act 2B

Tech Unit 3 Project
A: Investigate-My Fairytale Choice
a.) Story Title: The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson
b.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid
c.) Main Character: The Little Mermaid
d.) Ethical Decision: The Little Mermaid is happy is with what she has and does not go to the witch to seek legs.
e.) In this story, the Little Mermaid’s choice is to give up her tongue in exchange for legs and excruciating pain. She takes the opportunity to be with humans despite the pain it may cause her.
Because of this, the Little Mermaid is tries to find love with the prince that she has seen. She ends up dying and turning into sea foam as a mermaid does, then goes to heaven.
f.) An alternate ending to the story could be that the witch of the ocean simply kills the Little Mermaid when she seeks help instead of offering her an opportunity. The Little Mermaid could have been saved from her despair simply with this.
g.) The moral or ethical lesson I will be trying to teach is that sometimes you should just be fortunate with the things you have and remain optimistic about what is already there for you.

B: Design
Setting: The Little Mermaid lives in an underwater palace. She travels to the sea witch’s palace which is an underwater cave.
In the scene (characters):
The Little Mermaid (Ariel) is the main character.
Ursula is the sea witch.
The Little Mermaid’s father appears once and orders her not to go to the sea witch and to be happy for what she has.
Prince: The Little Mermaid is in love with the Prince that she has seen on land.
Jasmine: Finds the prince on the shore near her temple.

Script:
Scene One:
Ariel: [Enter Ariel, stage left] Father why can’t I surface and see those who dwell above?
Father: [Enter Father, stage right] Dear, it simply is not for you!
Later in time…
Ariel: [swims to surface and sees ship] Oh dear, what is occurring here?! I must rescue that prince; he surely has a family and friends that care for him. [brings prince to the shore near a temple.]
Jasmine: [Enter Jasmine, stage left] It’s such a lovely day today! Oh dear, is that a prince?!?! On my shore? It cannot be!!! [runs over to the unconscious prince] And he is quite handsome! [laughs]

Scene 2:
Ariel: [enter Ariel, stage left] Oh I wish I could see the prince again! [thinks: I shouldn’t have put him on the shore of a beautiful woman’s palace...]
Father: [enter Father, stage right] Which prince?
Ariel: I met this prince when I swam to the surface! Oh was he handsome…Wait! I’ve realized! I can still have him for myself! He will be mine!!!!

Scene 3:
Ariel: [enter Ariel, stage left] Ursula! Oh, Ursula!
Ursula: [enter Ursula, stage right] What can I do for you today my dear you seem to be down. [laughs hysterically]
Ariel: When I surfaced to see the world, I saw a prince. Oh was he a beauty….I wished to marry him. But of course, I am a fish and he is a prince, a human! If only I had a pair of legs for myself….I could then even blend in!
Ursula: But my dear, you have have not realized that that is in access to you. You can have your own set of legs…
Ariel: Really?! [exclaims excitedly] Yes! Yes! Yes please!
Ursula: Under one condition…you will give up your beautiful voice to me and never be able to sing until you find your true love. With this comes walking with excruciating pain…And if you don’t accomplish this true love you will die and decompose into seafoam. Your dreams of floating to heaven will vanish…
Ariel: Well…I suppose...

Viewer Interaction:
Ursula: [ask viewer the question] What is the choice my dear: stay with your tail [positive] or get yourself a pair of legs? [negative] Yes or No?!?!?!? [wait for the answer]

Positive Negative
Scene One:
Ariel: Give up my voice, gain excruciating pain, and have the possibility of dying for my true love? I’m not that desperate!!
Ursula: Well…if that’s what you want…I suppose it’s the right choice for you [laughs in an evil manner]
Ariel: I’m happy with what I have now, a family, friends, and I’m a princess! I don’t need a stupid prince to suit me! I’ll find myself a handsome man in the ocean! [leaves cave]

Scene Two:
Ariel: [enter Ariel, stage left] [sings with voice]
Ariel’s sister: [enter sister, stage right] Why you seem happy!
Ariel: I made the right choice today!
Ariel’s sister: For what? What happened?!
Ariel: Well, to make it short and sweet, love will come to me soon, but it hasn’t today.
Ariel’s sister: Dear, you have time. Do not fret and the right person will come.
Ariel: I know, in time….[leaves stage]

Scene Three:
Ariel: [enter Ariel, stage left] Hello! Nice to meet you!
Merman: [enter man, stage right] Hi there! And you as well! My name name is Aaron.
Ariel: I’m Ariel.
Merman: Yes, yes I know who are. You’re the great princess of the sea! With the beautiful voice and serenading beauty.
Ariel: [laughs] Well I certainly am flattered!
Merman: It’s all that you deserve!

Scene Four:
Ariel’s Father: [enter Father, stage right] Dear, I would like you to have an arranged marriage with a prince in a nearby sea!
Ariel: Really? What would be his name?
Ariel’s Father: I believe it would be Aaron.
Ariel: Really?! I’ve met him just yesterday actually!
Father: What great news! I am joyous at your discovery and hope it will bring good fortune in the future!
Ariel: Thank you father. [thinks: I knew I had made the right choice]

Scene Five:
Aaron: [enter Aaron, stage right] Hello, my dear! It is great to see you!
Ariel: [enter Ariel, stage left] Hello! And I would wish the same to you as well.
Aaron: I am very anxious for our marriage! It is certainly to be for us!
Ariel: I agree! We will certainly have a great life together….
Ariel and Aaron: [walk away into the distance.]

Scene One:
Ariel: Of course I will take the chance! What a great opportunity!
Ursula: [blasts a spell on Ariel: flashes light]
Muahahahahaha!!!!!
Ariel: [screams] What have I done?!?!?
Ursula: My dear, it was your choice after all….
Ariel: [leaves cave slowly, for she is unable to swim without a tail]

Scene Two:
Ariel: [swims up to surface to meet the prince]
[smiles for she is mute now]
Prince: Have we met before? I feel like I have seen you in some alternate universe. [Thinks: Wow, this girl is gorgeous]
Ariel: [smiles again]
Prince: Say something! I want to hear you speak, sing, laugh!
Ariel: [still stays quiet]
Prince: Would you like to dance? We have a ballroom at the palace!
Ariel: [looks down at feet and knows that dancing will cause her excruciating pain] [nods and smiles]
Prince: [takes Ariel hand in hand and they begin to dance]
Ariel: [Thinks: Oh this hurts so much!]
[continues dancing for a few more seconds...]
Prince: That was lovely! When will I see you again?
Ariel: [smiles] ...

Scene Three:
Prince’s Father: Son! You’re getting married!
Prince: Huh? I am?! With who?
Prince’s Father: I have found a wife for you at a neighboring castle! She is simply splendid!
Prince: I already met a girl….And she’s beautiful!
Prince’s Father: Is she a princess? What do I know about her? Nothing!
Prince: Please give me some time!
Prince’s Father: My son…make the right choice!

Scene Four:
Princess: Good day to you!
Prince: Wow! Have we met before?
Princess: Yes! I found you on the shore of my temple a few days ago!!
Prince: That’s right I remember now! [laughs]
Ariel: [swims up to shore and sees the two] [gasps]
Princess: So I here we have an arranged marriage!
Prince: Yes! My father has given me a decision and now I know what the right choice is! I would like to marry you!
Princess: [gasps happily]
[Prince and Princess leave stage]

Scene Five:
Ariel: [enter Ariel, stage left] [Thinks: he forgot about me!] [cries] [Thinks: my heart is broken! I have not found true love and will die!]
Ariel’s sister: [enter sister, stage right] My dear sister, I have seen your sorrow and sacrificed my long hair to bring you this knife! You can kill the prince, let his blood drip on your feet and you can turn into a mermaid once again!
Ariel: [shakes head] [Thinks: well…How could I do that to my prince?! He has a wife now! I can’t do that to him!]
Ariel’s sister: As you say my dear….
Ariel: [sobs] [Thinks: What has become of me ?!]

Scene Six:
[Dawn arrives and Ariel slowly deteriorates into sea foam]
Ariel: [cries deeply]
Ariel’s sister: Sister, you have lived a good life! Just remember that…
Ariel: [light strikes her body and she dissolves into sea foam but floats to heaven instead of turning into sea foam.]

Storyboards: see pictures above

C: Project Plan
Resources Used:
Tools: Computer, USB Flash Drive, Internet Access, Scratch
Materials: Sprites, Backgrounds, Scripts
Time: About 3-4 hours for completing, and another 1 hour for editing.
Location: Home
Labor: I will be completing this project by myself and will not be needed help from anyone else to complete this project. I will however be using other websites for help with sprites and backgrounds.
Credits:
Sprites:
Ariel: http://pad2.whstatic.com/images/thumb/0/0d/Draw-Ariel-Step-7.jpg/670px-D...
Ariel #2: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/356/0/c/princess_ariel_by_randomp...
Ariel’s Father: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101207030330/disney/images/c/cb/Tri...
Ursula: http://supertotallyawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ursula.jpg
Eric: http://cdn1.disneybaby.com/images/2012/05/prince-eric-mermaid-disney-pho...
Princess (pink): http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131023030807/disney/images/1/1c/1959_aurora_(sleeping_beauty).png
Princess #2 (blue): http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130701031347/disney/images/2/2b/Aur...
Ariel transformed: http://jpreis2.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/lil-mermaid.png
Ariel dress:
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24700000/ariel-human-form-the-lit...
Prince’s Father: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130619115134/disney/images/d/dd/J25...
Ariel’s Sister (Arista): http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140131051607/disney/images/4/4b/Ari...
Merman (Aaron): http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11900000/Ariel-Eric-disney-prince...

Backgrounds:
Ursula’s Cave: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130418163306/villains/images/d/d1/Main_Hall_at_Ursula's_Grotto.JPG
Underwater: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Biscayne_underwater_N...
Shipwreck: http://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2013/03/10/03/31/sinking-92108_6...
Castle Shore: http://avidcruiser.avidtravelmediai.netdna-cdn.com/blog/wp-content/uploa...
Beach: http://water.epa.gov/type/oceb/beaches/images/Malibu_Sunset_1.jpg
Ballroom: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Queluz_Palace_ballroo...
Castle Room: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Buda_castle_interior_...
Capitol/Money: I will not need any more or budget for this project. I will be done directly by use of public internet sites. I will however have a time budget in having a due date for my assignment.

Action Plan:
Sequence of Steps: For this project, I will first plan all of my materials and the actions that will be in the script. I will then take time to begin act one leading up to the viewer interaction and will most likely begin this first at a certain time. Then, I will begin the positive side of the viewer interaction. When I am complete with that, I will begin the negative side of the viewer interaction. When I am finished with all of these things, I will check over that I have fulfilled all of the constraints and requirements for this project and that each part of the script is at least a minute long. I will also look for any mistakes that I have made and errors that have popped up.

Schedule: I will try to plan my time wisely and make sure that I am not cramming the entire project into one day. I will be trying to split the project so that it is much more manageable for me to complete, due to the time limit given.

D: Developer’s Journal
Session #1: Date: 5/4/14, time: 10:30AM-5:30PM, Location: home
Time Spent: approximately 7-7.5 hours
Summary: During this session, I completed the introduction leading up to the viewer interaction. I also completed the negative decision that is possible to be witnessed by the viewer. In this session I was able to make sure everything in these two portions of the project were perfect and did not glitch. I made sure the timing to everything was right. Instead of timing for this project, I used the “broadcast” scripts to make things easier. I was able to easily communicate the dialogue between characters and the changes in setting.
Problems: At the beginning of this session, I encountered the problem of timing. I did not want to repeat the problem I had during the previous project. Another problem that I faced was doing the two decisions. I did not understand how I was able to use the “if, then” block and include dialogue.
Solutions: For my problem with timing, I simply decided to instead use “broadcast” scripts to convey my information. Once again, I was able to solve the problem of the positive and negative dialogue by broadcasting the actions to another sprite and continuing from there.
Changes to Design and Plan:
I mostly followed my design and plan. I did not make any dramatic changes to the script that I had initially made. However, the only difference was that the amount of time I had spent on the project was much more than I had actually predicted at first. That was the only variation I had identified.

Session #2: Date: 5/5/14, Time: 8:30-11:00, Location: Home
Time Spent: approximately 3.5 hours
Summary: In this session, I completed the project, including the positive decision to the viewer interaction. I also checked over the project several times for errors to verify that I had fitted the criteria and requirements given. I made sure that each section was at least a minute long and that the project had at least two decisions that the viewer could possibly end up with.
Problems: I did not have any problems during this session in which I completed the project. I did however not save half of my project, which led it to being deleted when the program Scratch crashed mysteriously. I had to redo the portion that was deleted because of my lack of remembrance to save the project.
Solutions: Because there were no specific problems encountered, there were also no solutions to the problem.
Changes to Design and Plan: During this session, I made minor changes to the script in my actual project. I substituted a few words and simply edited the flow of the project.

E: Evaluate
The project that I have created for this unit fits the guidelines that I have been provided with. This unit on viewer animation succeeded in interacting with the viewer, so that s/he can make a decision that would lead to a positive and negative outcome. Each section that I have created is at least one minute long. The outcomes that I have designed are appropriate for viewers under the age of 13 and allow the viewer to understand the ethical decision in the interaction and also the negative decision. The project that I have created teaches the viewer of a moral: that sometimes, it is better to remain with what you have than to risk the fortune and gain nothing. I have accomplished giving credits to sources that I used in my project: various sprites and backgrounds.
My project did however slightly vary from the original script that I had created. I edited some dialogue that I had originally designed and this also made my project differ from the storyboards that I had created prior to the project.

Cannatella by Giambattista Basile

by: 19ahmedm
Cannatella by Giambattista Basile
Cannatella by Giambattista Basile
Cannatella by Giambattista Basile
Cannatella by Giambattista Basile

A: Investigate - My fairy tale choice.

a. story title and author: Cannatella by Giambattista Basile
b. link to webpage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannetella
c. main character: Cannatella
d. ethical decision: Her marriage and whoms she wants to marry
e. character's choice and consequence as written : SHe only wished to marry a guy with golden teeth and golden hair. SHe ended up being tortured by her husband.
f. an alternate ending of the story : SHe doesn’t choose to disagree to marry any prince and marries and lives happily
g. lesson you will teach :Expecting too much doesn’t always end well.

B: Design

“Story Script”
[At his main house]
[Maid enters stage from left]
King: Maid! Call my daughter, Cannatella. I wish to talk to her at the moment.
Maid: Yes, your majesty. Right away.
[Maid exists from stage left
Few seconds later daughter enters stage left ]
Cannatella: Good morning father.
King: Good morning, Cannatella.
Cannatella: Why have you called me so early in the morning?
King: To discuss your marriage.
Cannatella: My marriage?
King: Yes, you are fairly old enough and it is my duty as a father to have you married to nobleman.
Cannatella: But I do not wish to get married.
King: Don’t create a fuss about it. I have told you before and telling you now. You must get married.
Cannatella: But father!
King: That’s all for today. You may return to your room.
Cannatella: Yes father..
[Walks toward the exits]
King: Cannatella?
Cannatella: Yes father?

King: You can either ask to marry a man or you have to marry whomever I choose. Do you have a word to say?
Cannatella: [ Shows thought speech ]
Ask the readers: Should I marry whomever my father chooses or should I specify a man I want to spend my life with? ][ and wait for an answer ]

Positive
[Walks back toward the king]
Cannatella: I will marry whomever you choose.
[Cannatella walks out of the stage.]
Scene 2
New stage
King: Call Cannatella.
Maid: Yes your majesty.
[Canatella walks in.]
Canatella: Yes father?
King: I have chosen a man for you and you shall be married soon.
Canatella: But father! It’s too early.
King: I see no complication.
Canatella: I don’t want to get married just yet.
King: You are old enough to get married, Cannatella.
Cannatella: But father..
King: It’s my duty to get you married as soon as possible.
Cannatella: I didn’t even see the man.
King: He is a noble prince and I know what kind of man should be married to my daughter.
Cannatella: This is unfair!
Cannatella storms out of the room.
[Screen blacks out
Caption comes up- Five years later]
Cannatella: Father, I apologize for all the trouble I had given you. I am happy with my married life.
King: I knew you would be happy, daughter. Negative
[Walks back toward the king]
Cannatella: I will only marry a man with golden teeth and golden hair. At least his wealth can keep me happy.
[Cannatella walks out of the stage.]
Scene 2
[New stage
Magician, Fioravante appears
Spy enters stage from right]
King: Canatella, you will be getting married to this man as you wished.
Canatella:..
King: Are you sure?
Canatella: He’s rich so of course.
King: Okay, whatever you wish.
Scene 3
[ Scene says- After five years of marriage of Cannatella and Fioravante ]
Fioravante: Cannatella! You shall do whatever I ask!
Cannatella: How dare you talk to me like that! I am a princess.
Fioravante: Not for long!
Cannetella: I am leaving at the moment and you should be punished for this behavior.
(Tries to walk out of the door but cage appears.)
Fioravante: You are not going anywhere! You must stay here and listen to everything that I tell you. If you don’t, your life will be taken.

Project Plan

Resources Used

Tools: Computer, USB flash drive, Internet access, Scratch
Material:
Sprites- The king, Cannabella, Maid, Spy, Fioravante
Background
Action blocks
Music

TIme: Seven Hours
Location: Home
Labor: Just me
Budget : $0

Action Plan

Procedure: Sequence of steps
1. Go on scratch software.
2. Create the animation.
3. Test it.
4. If it doesn’t cooperate properly, go back to step 2,
5. Submit the project.

Schedule: Wednesday: 1pm -2pm
Saturday: 1pm- 7pm

Developer’s Journal #1
Date: 4/30/14
Location: Tech Room

Today, I mainly used the blocks and put the dialogue in. I didn’t start working with my characters yet or start organizing the action blocks yet.
On scratch, they didn’t have any sprites for kings, queens or princess. However, the main characters of my story are consist of a royal family, Therefore, it is impossible for me to work without those sprites. I tried downloading some sprites. However, none actually fit appropriately for my animation. I planned on using storyboardthat.com. However, the number of storyboard I will have to download and edit is way too much and it will take me way too long to do it like that.
Because I can’t actually use a real sprite, I plan on using silhouette draw one or make one on paint and the actions will be easy to cooperate with the silhouetted figure. Although, my animation will have colorful backgrounds and some effects, the characters will have the same color.

Developer’s journal #2
Date: 5/3/14
Location: Home

I had to change my plan and I decided that I don’t actually want to put the sprites like silhouettes. Instead I used scratch sprite which were simple to use. Also, I changed some of my script because it was way too long. For some scenes, keeping track of what comes after what was hard so for broadcasting I had to use logical titles. Still sometimes, I kept forgetting the sequence. So I had to go back and check the whole animation multiple times.
Because there were so many scripts, I had create new sprites to keep everything neat and organized.

Evaluation

My project follows all the design specification. The project needed to be at least 3 minutes long and my project contains that. There are three acts in the animation. One act is provided for introducing the character and the main problem of the story, the first act is more than 1 minute long which meets the requirement of the design specification. ALso, act 2A and act 2B are the two decisions made by the characters. Those two acts add up to at least 2 minutes.
While creating my project, I transferred the dialogues directly from the script. Therefore, my project follows every detail mentioned in the script.
While doing my project, because of technical difficulties, I had to take out a scene that was mentioned by the storyboards. So, my projects contains the flow of the storyboard, except one scene which was deleted.

Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve (Interactive Animation)

by: 19calpoa
title slide
slide act 1
slide act 2b
slide act 2b

A. Investigate - Beauty and the Beast
a) Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve
b) http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/beauty.html
c) Belle
d) Staying with the Beast
e) To stay with the Beast and they lived happy, but not before the Beast almost died.
f) She doesn't stay with the Beast because he’s not approved by her friends even though she loves him.
g) Love can empower all.

B: Design
Story Script
[Belle in the middle stage]
Belle: Bye, mother! I’m going to deliver milk now, and I’ll be back a little later. Don’t wait up!
Belle’s mother: Bye, honey! Don't come back too late!
[Next stage]
[Belle stage left]
[Cinderella, Pocahontas, and Red stage right]
Belle: Hey, what’s up, Pocahontas, Red, and Cinerella.
Cinderella: Sup? So, we selling the dresses on the black market, or no?
Belle: Yeah, but I can’t come. Just wanted to swing by and say hi. I gotta go now, he’s waiting for me.
Red: Ohh laalaa. You mean your prince?
Belle: Yeah, he’s so lovely. I think I love him.
Pocahontas: Awwe, our little girl’s all grown up.
Belle: Yeah, okay. See you later!
[Next stage]
[Beast stage left]
[Belle stage right]
Beast: Hey, babe!
Belle: Hey, Beast. How’s it going?
Beast: Going great. I made something for you.
Belle: Oh yeah? What is it?
Beast: A picnic.
Belle: Awwe! That’s so sweet!
[Beast and Belle go to stage left]
[Beast and Belle start eating with indistinct chatter]
[Cinderella and Pocahontas enter stage right]
Cinderella and Pocahontas: Ahhhhhhhh! Belle!
Cinderella: What is that hairy beast? What is he doing here?
Pocahontas: Where’s your lovely prince you always talk about?
Belle: This is him.
Cinderella: Eww! He’s so nasty! Leave with us and leave him!
Pocahontas: Yeah, I like, so do not approve of you dating this hairy bulk of ew.
[Next background]

Belle’s thoughts: What should I do? Leave the Beast and go with my friends, or stay with him? Leave, or stay?

[Next background]

Positive
Belle: No, I’m staying with him.
Pocahontas: But he’s just so… ew!
Beast: It’s okay. Go.
Belle: Beast, I’m not leaving. Deny thy friends refuse thy name, thou art thyself thou not a beast, what is beast? tis nor hand nor foot nor any other part belonging to a man What is in a face? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, So Beast would were he not Beast called retain such dear perfection to which he owes without that title, Beast, Doth thy name! And for that name which is no part of thee, take all thyself.
[Cinderella moves -20 steps]
Cinderella: NO. Don’t you dare go quoting Shakespeare
Belle: Oh, so you know about him?
Cinderella: Yeah, duh. Now, let’s go.
[Cinderella moves 20 steps]
Belle: No. I’m staying with Beast. And by the way, I never really lied hanging out with you guys.
[Cinderella moves -20 steps]
Pocahontas and Cinderella: What?
Pocahontas: Well, excuse me. I thought that you liked hanging out with us.
Cinderella: Yeah, and I thought that we were your real friends.
[Belle moves 20 steps]
Belle: No, real friends would accept that I like Beast, and not make me leave him. So, you see, you're not my real friends. You guys never were, and I’m glad that you never will be.
Cinderella: Fine!
Pocahontas: Look, Belle. Don’t listen to Cinderella here. I need you. Please. I’m so sorry.
Belle: Look, you two should go now. I’ll see you around, I guess.
[Cinderella and Pocahontas leave right stage]
Negative
Belle: But, I don't want to go.
Pocahontas: But he’s just so… ew!
Beast: It’s okay. Go.
Belle: Bye, Beast.
[Next stage]
Cinderella: You did good, girl.
Belle: Well, if you say so.
Cinderella: You’ll find someone way way way better than him. Promise.
[Belle glide]
Belle: *sigh*
[Belle glide]
Belle: *sigh*
[Belle glide]
Belle: *sigh*
[Belle glide]
Belle: *sigh*
[Belle glide]
Belle: Bye, Beast.

Act 1:

Act 2a:

Act 2b:

Resources:
Tools: computer, flash drive, internet, scratch
Materials: sprites, background
Labor: nobody
Location: home, school
Time: 5 hours
Money: none

DEVELOPERS JOURNAL
April 30, 2014 Class 30 minutes
Today I finished doing the Design phase and Planning phase of my project. I had no problems today, which in turn leads to no solutions.

May 5, 2014 Home 4 hours
Today I finished the sprites. I cropped them from the story boards and created them. One problem was the glitches in my script. I fixed this by finding where the glitches were and then adjusted the timing.

May 6, 2014 Lunch 30 hours
I fixed all the glitches that were presented and I made sure that the scripts matched up. I resubmitted my project from what I did yesterday
E: Evaluation
*The Design Specification
1. The story animation must be at least two minutes long. It’s around three or four minutes.
2. The story must be interactive. There are two buttons or sprites a viewer can press.
3. The viewer must make an ethical decision involving exactly two choices. It has the choice to leave or to stay.
4. Story must have at least two branches that have different endings depending on the viewer’s decision. It does.
5. The outcomes of the two branches must tell a lesson about the consequences of positive and negative ethical choices. If you leave, you’re sad. If you stay, you’re happy.
6. Story leading up to the decision must be at least one minute long. The story branches after the ethical decision must be one minute long each. Yes.

Must give credit to people. Credit is given.
Credits must be at the end It is.
Appropriate to people under the age of 13 years old. Yes.
Must be done by May 6th. Yup.

*Your script.
There may be a few mistakes with the script and with the actual project. I took out several lines because it was taking me too long. Really, I liked the original script and whatever I originally wanted my project to look like.

*Story board.
They are not the same because I took out some scenes.

"Hansel and Gretel" by Brothers Grimm (Interactive Version)

by: 19ildzap
"Hansel and Gretel" by Brothers Grimm
Act 1
Act 2a
Act 2b

A: Investigate- Choose my story
a) “Hansel and Gretel” by Brother’s Grimm
b)http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/hanselgretel/index.html
c)Main Character(s): Hansel and Gretel
d)Moral/ Ethical Decision: Don’t talk to strangers.
e)Original Choice/Consequences: Hansel and Gretel decide to go into the candy house, and almost get eaten by the old lady.
f)Alternate Ending: Instead of going into the old lady’s house, they eat as much candy as they can and go back to looking for home. When they find home, the stepmother meanwhile told the father that if they ever come home, he will pretend with her that they do not know who the kids are and had never seen them before. Hansel and Gretel are banished to live in the woods because their father said he does not know them. They find out that the candy is poisonous when they die a few days later
g)Alternate Moral/ Ethical Decision: Do not take candy from a stranger.

B: Design
Story Script
Characters:
Hansel, Gretel, Mother, Father, Old Lady.
Scene 1
[Shows Title, then Hansel, Gretel, and their parents are sitting on stools, eating, with only small scraps of food on their plates.]
Hansel: Are you sure we have nothing left to eat?
Gretel: We’re starving!
Father: No. There has been a famine in the land, leaving us with even less food than usual.
Stepmother: So go to bed, kids.
Scene 2
[Hansel and Gretel go to bed in their room. Lay down, but do not go to sleep.]
Hansel: Hey Gretel.
Gretel: Yes?
Hansel: Can you sleep?
Gretel: No. I’m too hungry. Lets go get some water.
Scene 3
[Leave room. Walking by door.]
Gretel: *Gasp*. Hansel,can you hear that?
Hansel: What?
Gretel: Mother and father are talking!
Scene 4
[Shows stepmother and father’s conversation in their room]
Father: What are we going to do? We have almost no food! How can we support our family?
Stepmother: Tomorrow morning, you will take the kids to the deepest part of the woods, and leave them there with some bread. They will be lost, and we will not have to worry about them anymore.
Father: No. They are my children, and I cannot leave them in the woods to die.
Stepmother: Don’t be foolish! Either you leave them in the woods or we all die of hunger!
Father: *Sigh* Fine.
Scene 5
[Back to Hansel and Gretel, listening through the door]
Gretel: Oh no! Father plans to leave us in the woods!
Hansel: Do not worry. We will find our way home.
[Go to room]
Scene 6
[In the morning, in their room. Stepmother walks in]
Mother: Get up kids! Go gather some wood with your father.
Scene 7
[Go outside, and follow father through the woods.]
Father: I will start a fire while you go gather more wood.
[Father goes left after Hansel and Gretel go right, come back with wood.]
Gretel: Where is father?
Hansel: It’s getting dark. Let’s look for him in the morning.
[In the morning]
Hansel: Let’s go. We must try to find home or we will die.
Gretel: Let’s go that way.
[Hansel and Gretel exit stage right]
Scene 8
[Enter from stage left to a candy house]
Hansel and Gretel: Candy!
[Run to house, start eating]
Gretel: Yum.
Hansel: Om nom nom.
[Old Lady comes out]
Old Lady: Well hello.
[Hansel and Gretel stop eating.]
Old Lady asks and waits: Would you like to come inside?

Yes No
Old Lady: Wonderful! Come on in, then.
[Kids go inside]
Scene 9a
[In her dining room, kids go and sit down, while she watches them]
Gretel: Oh, delicious!
Hansel: Thank you!
Old Lady: Oh, it’s nothing. (Thinking)Heehee, I’ve got them now.
Now go have a good night’s rest, kids.
Scene 10a
[In the morning in the bedroom, only old lady is awake]
Old Lady: Heeheehee…
[Grabs Hansel, carries him to kitchen and shoves him in cage]
Scene 11a
[Gretel walks in]
Old Lady: Go get food for your brother!
[Gretel starts crying, but comes back with food]
[Hansel eats food]
Old Lady: Stick out your finger so I can feel how fat you are.
Old Lady: You are still skinny. I must keep feeding you.
[Old Lady leaves, comes back with a lot of food for Hansel, but almost nothing for gretel
[Hansel finishes food]
Old Lady: Let’s see how fat you are now. Stick out your finger.
[Hansel sticks out bone]
Old Lady: Gretel, bring more food! Your brother still is not fat!
[Gretel goes and comes back with more food for Hansel. He eats it]
Old Lady: Now Hansel, stick out your finger.
[Hansel sticks bone through cage]
Old Lady: I’ve had enough! Fat or not, I will cook and eat you tomorrow!
[Old Lady and Gretel leave]
Scene 12a
[The next day, early morning,in the kitchen]
Old Lady: I have already heated the oven, but I do not know if it is warm enough. Climb in to check.
Gretel: (Thinking) She wants to eat me too!
Gretel: But, I do not know how to go in.
Old Lady: Silly goose! I’ll show you.
[Old Lady climbs in. Gretel slams the door on her]
Scene 13a
[Gretel enters from stage right, to Hansel’s cage]
Gretel: We’re free! The witch is dead!
[Lets Hansel out]
Hansel: Yay! Let’s go!
Scene 14a
[Hansel and Gretel run away from the house]
Hansel: There is father!
Gretel: Father! Father!
Father: Oh! I am so glad to see you!
Hansel: Where is our stepmother?
Father: She died.
Hansel: Oh ok.
Old Lady: Ok then, if you feel that way.
[Old Lady goes in the house]
Hansel: Let’s take as much candy as we can and go.
Gretel: Ok
[Take candy and walk away from house]
Scene 9b
[MEANWHILE]
[House, mother and father at dining table, eating]
Father: Oh my! For once, we finally have enough for a full meal!
Stepmother: Now that we have no kids, it can be like this every day!
Father: I was a fool to think keeping the kids was a good idea.
Stepmother: Yes, my idea was brilliant. And here is another idea.
Father: What! Will it give us more food?
Stepmother: No, but it will keep us our food. If the kids every come back, we must pretend we don’t know them.
Father: How?
Stepmother: We must deny them, saying we do not know who they are.
Father: But they know the truth, they will not believe us.
Stepmother: If we deny enough, we can manipulate their tiny minds and they will leave.
Father: Genius!
Scene 10b
[Hansel and Gretel wander around woods]
Hansel: Look! Our home!
[Points]
Scene 11b
Gretel: MOTHER! FATHER! WE’RE BACK!
[Parents come closer]
Stepmother: Hello. How may I help you?
Gretel: Mother! I am so glad to see you!
Stepmother: Umm.. Who are you?
Gretel: Uh, I’m Gretel, your daughter, and that’s Hansel, your son.
Father: We have no son.
Hansel: Yes you do! We saw you a couple days ago!
Gretel: You left us in the forest!
Father: Please, children, go find your real mother and father, for we do not know you!
Gretel: But-
Stepmother: Good bye.
[Father and stepmother go back to the house.]
Gretel: Oh no! What will we do now? We have no parents nor a place to live in!
Hansel: I don’t know, but let’s go.
[They exit stage right]
Scene 12b
[Hansel and Gretel are in a cave]
Hansel: My stomach hurts...
Gretel: Mine too..
Hansel: I think the candy was poisonous!
Gretel: Oh no...

Storyboards
Act 1
see pictures
Act 2a
see pictures
Act 2b
see pictures
C: Plan
Resources
Materials- Sprites, Backgrounds
Tools- Scratch, computer
Location- Home, possibly school
Labor- Me
Money- $0
Time-10-12 hours
Action Plan
1. Create script
2. Create animation.
3. Test both options twice.
4. Make needed changes.
5. Write developer’s journal.

D: Create
Developer’s Journal 4/30/14
Today, I worked on my project for 35 minutes in school and 3 hours at home. I found that it was hard to know what part I was up to, because the scripts were all very messy and cluttered. When I “cleaned up” one script, it organized itself differently than I wanted it to. I wanted it to be organized in order of the scripts and how the animation goes, but it went along the broadcast number, so 10 went right after one, etc. So I decided to not clean up the scripts and just try to keep them organized myself. My favorite part of making my animation so far is watching my script evolve into reality, and creating the sprites and backgrounds. All the backgrounds and sprites I used were draw by me, so I really liked designing the characters how I want them.
Developer’s Journal 5/3/14
Today I worked on my project at home for four hours. I feel like I made a lot of progress today with my project. In one part of my animation, my sprites did something they were not supposed to do, and they did it in every trial. I did not know how to fix it, but after tinkering with the script for a little bit, I finally figured out how to make the sprites do their actions properly. I also found it hard to remember my broadcasts for all the acts, and would often get confused, because my broadcasts for act 2a had the letter a next to all the numbers, and my act 2b broadcasts had the letter b next to them. But, I managed to keep myself organized.
Developer’s Journal 5/5/14
Today I finished up my project at home for an hour, and uploaded it to scratch. I played each possible ending at least twice to make sure it worked properly. I did not face many problems, except that sometimes the font of the title on my title background would change on its own, and then the font that I initially used was not available anymore. When this happened, I just changed the font to something else that worked and uploaded it like that. I am overall proud of my accomplished work and even though it took me a long time, I enjoyed making my animation.

E: Evaluate
My project meets the project requirements by being at least two minutes long, for both possible endings. It is interactive and contains an ethical decision with two choices, a positive one and a negative one. Both outcomes tell a story, and each branch is at least a minute long.

"The Emperor's New Suit" by Aesop (Interactive Version)

by: 19yipj
The Emperor's New Suit by Aesop
Storyboards Act 1

A: Investigate
The Emperor’s New Suit by Aesop
http://www.aesopfables.com/cgi/aesop1.cgi?hca&a26
Main Character: Emperor
Ethical Decision: If clothes are worth the risk
Alternate ending: The swindlers run away instead of making fun of the emperor in public.
Ethical Lesson: Do not put materialistic things ahead of non-materialistic things.
B: Design
a) Story Script:
Characters
Emperor
Servant
Town people
Swindlers
Scene I
Emperor: Hmmm, what suit should I wear? Servant, what is the temperature?
Servant: 79.62 degrees. Partly sunny.
Emperor: That means I will be wearing any suit from my U79P62 department!
Servant: Which one?
Emperor: I think I would like P62C9276, with shoes S8489
Servant: Right away sir.
[Servant leaves]
[Servant comes back after a few seconds]
Emperor: Don’t you think this goes great?
Servant: Yes, Your Majesty. It looks beautiful. It has amazing colors.
Emperor: Great! TIme to go to town and show off my costume!!
Servant: I will prepare the transportation.
Scene II
Town people: IT’S THE EMPEROR! HE LOOKS AMAZING!
Emperor: Thank you, citizens o- (looking at the loom with gold next to it) What is that!?!!
Swindlers: (startled) Um...This is a loom that turns gold and silk into a beautiful suit that is enchanted.
Emperor: What is it enchanted with?
Swindlers: It does not show itself to people who are extremely stupid or unfit for office. We can make you one free for you to see.
Emperor: [That is amazing! But if I get it, there is a chance I might not be fit for office and/or be very stupid!!]
Emperor: [Should I take the risk to wear an exquisite outfit that is superior to the rest of my clothes, or stick to the several million costumes I have?]

Viewer Interactive
[Two sprites appear on the screen on the top corners. One says Trust Their Judgement and the other says Call Their Bluff]

Trust Their Judgement Call Their Bluff
Emperor: No need for a free suit! I will pay you all of this money and give you a sufficient amount of gold, silk, etc.
Emperor: I expect you to start making the suits immediately.
Swindlers: Alright, but it will take about 3 days if we work all day and night.
Emperor: Then I will come back in exactly 72 hours.
Scene III
Emperor: I can’t wait to see my new suit!!
Servant: It has only been half an hour since we arrived at the palace.
Emperor: But that is too long! I shall go back to the town to demand the suit from them!
Servant: But sir, you could slow down the process of making the suit by talking to them!
Emperor: …
Emperor: I suppose you’re right.
[A sprite appears on the screen that reads 71.5 hours later…]
Scene IV
Emperor: Tailors! Do you have my suit?
Swindlers: Yes sir! Now close your eyes to make it a surprise!
Emperor: Okay. Tell me when to open them.
[Swindlers run away]
Emperor: Hello? Are you going to…[peeks]
Emperor: NOOOO! They stole all of my riches AND made me a fool! What have i done!?!
THE END
Emperor: Are you trying to trick me?
Swindlers: No… This suit is lovely! Can’t you all see it?
Town people: Yes!
Emperor: Well I will not walk into a trick swindlers! Servants! Back to my palace!
Scene III
Servant: Your Majesty, why didn’t you take the opportunity to at least see the suit?
Emperor: It was obvious! The two men were trying to trick us!
Servant: Yes, it was hard to believe.
Emperor: However, now the townsfolk believe I am a fool, not trying out this beautiful costume.
Emperor: Well, they didn’t know they were being tricked.
THE END

Storyboard: See pictures above

C: Plan
Resources:
-Materials: Sprites and backgrounds
-Tools: Scratch, websites, Internet, computer
-Labor:
-Location: School and Home
-Money: $0
-Time: 4-6 hours
Action Plan:
1. Do before ethical decision on Scratch
2. Do positive decision on Scratch
3. Do negative decision on Scratch

D: Create
Developer’s Journal: I did majority of this project at home, as I was absent on one day and had to do all but three of my storyboard frames at home. The only thing that went wrong was when I couldn’t get the sprites to hide and show at the correct moment. This was fixed by making sure the hide block was connection to the broadcast block that was timed. This took a few hours, but was fun overall. Therefore, I did this exciting project at home and finished the project in a few hours.

E: Evaluate
In this project, I slightly veered off my original script. My original script was too complicated, so I simplified some parts to make it easier to create and easier to understand. For example, when the Emperor went to town, I was going to make the townsfolk idle around by making clones. However, it was too complicated because I did not know how to time it so that when it changed scenes it would delete the clones. In the end, I decided to use the pen tool because I could stamp them and make them stationary and clear it when it changed scenes.
However, I did not make the project 2 minutes long. I could have made the longer lines/speech into 4 or 5 seconds, but that didn’t come into my mind. However, it was interactive and the viewer affected the outcome of the story by either clicking the Trust Their Judgement button or the Call Their Bluff button. The two outcomes led to positive and negative ethical choices and taught a lesson. I didn’t use existing material except for the Scratch preloaded backgrounds and sprites.

"Brother and Sister" by Brothers Grimm [Interactive Version]

"Brother and Sister" by Brothers Grimm
"Brother and Sister" by Brothers Grimm
"Brother and Sister" by Brothers Grimm
"Brother and Sister" by Brothers Grimm

A: Investigate - Choose my story
a) Title and Author
b) Link to full text of original story
c) Identify the main character (that makes the big decision)
d) Identify the moral/ethical decision
e) Describe the character’s choice and consequences as written in the original
f) Describe an alternate ending
g) Ethical lesson

a) “Brother and Sister” by Brothers Grimm
b) http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm011.html
c) The brother
d) The brother has to choose whether he will heed his sister’s warnings and not drink from the spring or answer his own desires and drink from the spring and face the consequences.
e) In the original story, the brother chooses to drink from the spring and ignore his sister’s warnings. As a result, he turns into a deer.
f) The brother’s choice to drink from the spring instead affects his sister. After her brother drinks the water, she turns into a vicious beast and devours her brother.
g) Sometimes we must consider the consequences and the ideas of others before going after our own desires.

B: Design

Characters
Brother
Sister
Wicked Stepmother
Water Spring

Script:

Scene 1
[Brother and sister are walking through the woods.]

Brother: Sis, I’m getting awful tired. Can’t we stop and take a rest?
Sister: I’d love to rest as much as you would, but we can’t! If we stop now, our stepmother will find us. [Thought cloud appears with image of evil stepmother].
Brother: Alright, alright. But can’t we at least stop to take a drink?
Sister: Ugh, fine.

[Brother and sister begin to exit stage right and scene changes to an image of the evil stepmother.]

Scene 2
Wicked Stepmother: So they’ve escaped, aye? I guess I’ll have to make sure that their journey is cut short. [laughs maniacally.] I’ll bewitch all the springs in the forest, and soon enough they’ll die of thirst!

[Scene changes back to brother and sister in a different part of the forest].

Scene 3
Brother: [sees spring] Ah! There’s one!
Spring: [whispers] Anyone who drinks from me will become a tiger...
Sister: Brother, wait! Don’t drink from that spring; it’s been bewitched! I heard it myself; it said that anyone who drinks from it will become a tiger.
Brother: Sis, come on.
Sister: Please brother! Please don’t!
Brother: Fine, I won’t!

[Brother and sister continue walking and happen upon another spring.]

Brother: Finally! Here’s one! Surely it can’t be cursed.
Spring: [whispers] Anyone who drinks from me will become a wolf…
Sister: Brother, wait! This spring, as well, has been bewitched! It said anyone who drinks from it will become a wolf!
Brother: Sis, don’t do this to me again! I’m parched!
Sister: Please, I’m begging you!
Brother: Fine, I won’t drink here, but I will drink at the next one, and there’s nothing you can do to stop me!

[Brother and sister continue walking and happen upon a third spring.]

Brother: Ah, water at last! [Runs to drink from spring.]
Spring: [whispers] Anyone who drinks from me will become a deer…
Sister: Brother, wait! No!
Brother: Sis, I told you! None of your stories are going to stop me!
Sister: Please, brother! Please -- it said anyone who drinks from it will become a deer!

Decision
Brother: [thinks] Ugh, I’m so parched! I might die of thirst! But what if my sister is telling the truth? [asks] Should I listen to her?

If answer is positive (negative outcome)...
Brother: [drinks from spring.]
Sister: [screams] Brother, no! Why would you do such a thing?
Brother: Sis, it’s okay. Nothing happened!
Sister: I guess you’re ri-- Brother?!
Brother: [begins to transform into a deer]
Sister: Brother, no!
Brother: [turns into a deer and runs away]

[Wicked Stepmother appears before the sister.]

Wicked Stepmother: Now that your brother’s gone, you’ve got no one to save you! You’re mine now!
[Sister screams and is abducted by stepmother.]

If answer is negative (positive outcome)...
Brother: Fine, sister. I’ll honor your wishes.
Sister: Thank you brother, thank you so much! I don’t know what I’d have done if I lost you.

[Wicked Stepmother appears before the siblings.]

Wicked Stepmother: NO! NO, NO, NO! This wasn’t supposed to happen! That boy was supposed to become a deer! He was supposed to drink from the spring! NO, EVERYTHING’S GONE WRONG! [screams in anger and explodes into a pile of ash].

[“The End” comes onto the screen.]

Storyboards

Title

Act 1

Act 2A

Act 2B

C: Plan

Project Plan

Resources
Materials
Sprites
Backgrounds
Tools
Scratch Program
Computer
Internet
(Possibly) Websites for soundtrack, etc.
Storyboardthat.com
Script (for reference)
Location
Home
Money
$0.00
Time
Approximately 3-4 hours (may not be consecutive)

Action Plan
Thursday Afternoon/Evening: Finish storyboards and project plan.
Friday Evening: Start Scratch animation (work for 1 - 2 hours).
Saturday Evening (maybe): Finish animation and developer’s journal.
Sunday Afternoon/Evening (maybe): Finish animation and developer’s journal.
Monday Afternoon/Evening (if not Saturday or Sunday):Finish animation and developer’s journal.

D: Create

Developer’s Journal

For the most part, completing my animation was not that hard, it just took a lot of time. I found myself constantly using the broadcast block, because I often found the “say...wait…” pattern confusing. But it was very repetitive to use the broadcast block so much and to have to constantly create a new broadcast. It was tiring and monotonous, but it was less confusing, which is why I did it. As for the rest of the animation, I simply copy-pasted the text from my script into the animation and made the sprites carry out the appropriate actions. I’d say it took about the time I anticipated, maybe more. I anticipated the project to take 3-4 hours, though in actuality it may have taken 4-5 hours. I didn’t really have to change anything in my animation. For the most part it was the same as my script and storyboards, except that in the beginning, I could not create the thought bubble with the evil stepmother’s image in it, while I could do so in the storyboards and [obviously] write it down in the script.
I would’ve liked to add music to my animation, but none of the music I tried using converted properly. As for how I actually made the animation, I used a variety of methods. For the brother, sister, and evil stepmother, I used Scratch sprites. I drew the sprite for the water spring, and I got the smoke and deer images from the Internet. I chose not to record spoken word this time, as it was awkward for me last time.
Overall, this took me about 4 hours and I worked on it all at home.

E: Evaluate

Something that I think I did well in this animation was making the scripts so that the dialogue flowed smoothly and what each character said went well with the timing of the appropriate response and any following actions. Basically, I was able to make it so that actions weren’t happening at the wrong times, or one character was interrupting another character. Another thing I think I did well does not have to do with the visual aspect of the animation, but rather the inner mechanics -- the scripts. I think that in this animation I really took advantage of the “broadcast” and “When I receive…” blocks and used them to make my animation flow smoothly, as I mentioned previously. I did, after all, have 25 different broadcasts. I wasn’t necessarily ecstatic about anything else in my project, though I did have sufficient sprites and backgrounds. There were, however, some things I didn’t think I did very well.
First off, I feel like my animation was very dull. There was no music, though I wanted to add some. Unfortunately, however, none of the music I tried using converted correctly. I also feel that since there was no spoken voiceover like in my last animation, it wasn’t as exciting. I chose to use speech bubbles this time because I wasn’t comfortable doing voiceovers for each line. I do wish I had some sound, however, to make it more exciting.