All news in Gaming and New Media

What new developments (social media) will be created?

by: 18cheunga
A bunch of popular social media websites and the developments of them.

New developments like the iPhone, Android, iPad and gaming systems are very popular in the lives of children nowadays. In general, social media is different than what it was in the past. People in the 20th and earlier centuries did not experience the internet and electronics as it is in the present. Children today are lucky enough something like that is even invented for them to enjoy and use daily for their necessities. Compared to the past, social media has expanded and it now plays a big role in the lives of people.

Social media has become very popular as a form of communication than it was in the past. The people born in the 20th century are not as lucky as those born in the 21st century. Sure parents of today’s children or people in general then maybe had some technology or form of communication, but today’s world has so much new developments/improvements. In the present, we can easily pick up our phone or log onto a social media website to chat and contact our friends and family. Not only are electronics more popularly used, so is social media. This is because of how efficient and easy it is to access it. Interaction is literally one reach away and it was not always like that. So kids and adults today should be so grateful for these opportunities.

Media not only helps interaction, it helps obtain knowledge for many people, especially students. It is not used just for games or entertainment, social media is also an easy access to information. If you were a student needing to find information on a specific topic, it is easier than ever to obtain what you need. In the past, more people relied on books and it was really hard to find one specifically for what you need. Now with Google, Bing or other search engines, you can literally type exactly what you want. The internet can be fun as well as useful.

The success and benefits of social media is very dependent on the people using it. How do the creators and people in charge of social media and websites succeed? It is the people using it. If they like the product and they continue to go on it multiple times, then the creators are making the money. They realize what a success their “invention” is and how useful it is to people. The more people, the more money because social media is for people,

Technology has been a success on the time span of at least 14 years. Social media is one of the developments that has expanded and it used by people everywhere. In the last 1-2 decades, there has been expansion of the internet and what kids use today. It is used for knowledge, communication, games, and more. It is most likely that there will be new developments in the future since this future that is our present now has been so successful.

Citation: Peltola, Tero, and Saku J. Mäkinen. "Influence Of The Adoption And Use Of Social Media Tools On Absorptive Capacity In New Product Development." Engineering Management Journal 26.3 (2014): 45-51. Academic Search Premier. Web. 16 Oct. 2014.

Picture Credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Social_networking_services.jpg

Michael's Animated Introduction

my name is Michael. I live in brooklyn new york. That's my family: my brother Brian and my mom Evelise. I study at cobble hill high school, and I work at a grocery store in Sunset Park.
For me, Cobble Hill is different from other schools in Brooklyn because you can’t bring your phone to school. I like this school though, especially English class, gym, and math. My life outside of school is different because friends who know me at school think I’m stupid. I don’t know why they say this, but maybe it is because I am shy in class. Outside of school, my friends know that I am smart because I am more social.
I am good at fixing bikes, playing baseball, and being polite. In the future, I would like to like join the military or work as a police officer.

Ronald's Animated Introduction

I am Ronald Leonardo and i was born on March 18 at the San Isidro Military Hospital D.R. I came from Dominican Republic to N.Y.C. When i have 14 years old and now i live in Brooklyn.
I liked eat so many types of food, Include: Yaniqueque, McDonald’s!!! Cat meat, Beef, Fruits, Mero and especially cookies.
I liked study and I have good friends in the school and around my house, I do pretty well in my classwork. (EVEN THOUGH I DONT SHOW THAT SO MUCH, BUT I LIKE STUDY)
I like to use my Bike with my friends and do mountain biking When the temperature is so cold, Even though i have a muscular problem in my leg, When I began to have this problem, I had to stay home for two months and rest.
In Dominican Republic i love to swim and play American Football on the beach; I loved riding on boats there. Other sports i enjoy: Baseball and Basketball.
I want go to Santa Monica California because it reminds me of Santo Domingo’s beaches and I’d like to surf there. I want to live there when i become a Private Pilot; And when i know how to fly a Privates Jets, I will be one of the best pilots.
I love when the temperature is so cold and i stay in my house (You know) chiling playing V.G. with my best friends. Even though the school does not give me time to play, Why came home late because I left off, and to top it off i have to do the H.W. And I can only play Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But anyway!!! ThankYou for listening, For I have to go eat, you know... That food is not cool... And my mother would not be angry. Peace and goodbye.

I am Ronald Leonardo and i was born on March 18 at the San Isidro Military Hospital D.R. I came from Dominican Republic to N.Y.C. When I have 14 years old and now I live in Brooklyn.
I liked study and I have good friends in the school and around my house, I do pretty well in my classwork. (EVEN THOUGH I DON'T SHOW THAT SO MUCH, BUT I LIKE STUDY)
I love when the temperature is so cold and i stay in my house (You know) chilling playing V.G. with my best friends. Even though the school does not give me time to play, Why came home late because I left off, and to top it off i have to do the H.W. And I can only play Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But anyway!!! Thank You for listening, For I have to go eat, you know... That food is not cool... And my mother would not be angry. Peace and goodbye.

Steven's Animated Introduction

Here is my animated introduction:

My name is Steven Polanco and something important to know about me is that i want to become a police officer in the future. I was born in the Dominican Republic but I moved here when I was eight. To be honest, I don’t like this country that much. The climate in DR is much better, it feels tropical every day. There is so much freedom because of this climate - I can go out any time. I often go eat at a little Mexican restaurant with my girl Lissette and my friends.

Lisette is beautiful with long dark brown hair, almost black, but very light-skinned. When we go out, she always warns, “Don’t look at other girls, Steven.”

My childhood was awesome, I always ate a lot of dirt playing with my friends - I don’t know why! My mom would yell at me, “Stop, you’ll hurt your stomach.” I usually listened or I’d get a spanking!

One goal I wish for is to be a major league baseball player. Every time I tell a person i want to be a baseball player they all be like don’t even say that because you won’t get there, but guess what i don’t care what they say i’m going to try my best, so when they see me in the tv don’t say nothing. I’m trying my best to pass all my classes.

If I were president, I would help those who need it, especially refugees. If I could meet one person from history, it would be the original GW because he was the first with that job. If I could travel one place in the world, it would be Spain - it looks like a wonderful country. But for now, I’m happy here because my mom arrived in July and we’re finally together again, after 7 years.

Alexander's Animated Introduction

Here is my animated introduction:

My name is Alexander Nunez Placencia and I am from Dominican Republic, so my native language is spanish and I am 16 years old.
let me introduce my parents: my mother was born in la vega, and my father in cotui. they met working at a clothing factory and fell in love. Then, my brother was born in 1994.
the day I immigrated to the united states I remember like it was yesterday. I got on a plane and at first when the plane took off I was afraid. It was the first time I had been on a plane and I didn't know what it felt like, but when I was high up in the air, it was quieter and I felt better.
The first day in United State I feel angry because I wanted to be in DR on December 31, December 31 is the best day for me in Dominican Republic so much fun.
After one year in New York, it was time to go to high school but I didn’t get to choose the one I wanted to go to. Then they sent me a letter saying the first day of School started soon so I came to the school to see what I needed to do. My first class was gym and in the gym there were all my friends from IS.302 I never thought that I would see them at this school.
I love playing baseball, and I like my job working at a cell-phone store learning to repair phones. I used to want to go back to DR, but by now, I am pretty happy in New York.

Yariel's Animated Introduction

My name is Yariel Lopez. I am 16 years old. I come from Dominican Republic and my story began in Monte Plata. I love mountain Motocross, Dance and listening to music. I was born in the clinic Rodriguez Santos on the 23 of July, 1998. My family consist of the main members which are my mom Jackeline, and here she is by the church celebrating the christening of her god-daughter. She’s very compassionate, always helping people.
I don’t remember this moment, but I know the story … I was celebrating my first birthday. Here is my 8th grade graduation, and I am standing with older brother, Yarfi, who’s much lazier than me!
I also have my two brothers: Yael and yarfi and my grandparents Moncho and Lourdes. I lived in Santo Domingo until the age of fourteen. until the seventh day of October of the year 2013 I learned the harsh reality of leaving my family.

It’s really different living in New York because sometimes I’m grateful, but then I become homesick. A big difference is the people - Dominicans are extremely social, but when we meet New Yorkers we are shy to talk.

I have a lot of hobbies - one of them is watching motocross videos on youtube that teach me how to drive. I also like reading history books, playing baseball, and sometimes I like free-styling. If I were president, I would eliminate guns and gun violence to end gangs and have more peace. My second goal is to help the immigrants. I would help deal with the problems in their native country as well as deal with the problems here.

Ronny's Animated introduction

Here is my animated introduction:

Hello, my name is Ronny Estrella. I'm from the Dominican Republic an im 14 year old.I like to play baseball a lot because that my favorite sport.I was born on the Dominican Republic on the Tamboris hospital. I live in brooklyn new york and I like new york.

the thing that i like to do in school is to learn English. My teacher is Ms.Bauso. She is my teacher of ESL class and that is my favorite class and my favorite subject.

I think I'm good in ESL at reading and pronounce the word because I always pay attention and do the right thing also I read at home so that help me to became a good reader and pronounce every word well.

when I get home, the first thing that i do is do my homework. First i do the homework of Ms.Bauso ESL class.Then i finish the rest homework from other teachers.After that i play baseball with my friends.

Im good at baseball and I play second base.That my favorite sport and the first time that I play baseball was when I was 7 years old and now I'm still playing baseball and i'm 14 years old. The last thing that I also good at is playing videos games on a Ps3.
I love my family because they always can understand me and they are good for me because i got a example for how the way that they teach me by all the time. They worked hard to buy me a computer so that I can do good in school. My best memoire in my hood in DR was when all my friend played one game that was called la sencondia - it is like hide and seek, except we play at night so it’s scary, but fun.

Nianlis' Animated Introduction

Here is my animated introduction:

I was born in Kisseme neighborhood Orlando, Florida. All my life I live in Ponce, Puerto Rico with my mom and my little brother and sister, I live 7 years in Puerto Rico. One thing that’s important about me is that I like to do a lot of things with my family and my friends like shopping at the mall or going to different places. The most important thing that happened to me was when I went to the studio to record my first song with my best friend and her sister that was my best moment to me at the first, I was so shy but then I was so excited to record my voice.

I like some class in school, like gym and global studies because I have fun with my friends and teacher. I like global studies because I can learn more about different country and culture. I like gym because I can play volleyball, basketball and I can exercise so I can be good and healthy.
Out of school I enjoy with my friends. I particularly good at dancing because I like to move my body. I got that way from my aunt because I see my aunt dance in shows and other places and i love how she move. I learn to dance from watching people in show and school. I got that way from my aunt and my cousin because they taught me how to dance reggaeton and hip hop. I learned dancing reggaeton because that music is from my country and everybody like to dance reggaeton, especially teenagers.

Xiao’s introductory video

Xiao,s animated Introduction

My name is Xiao, but many people call me Michelle. I was born in Guangzhou China on August 16,2000. My mom and my dad immigrated from Chain to New York. They left me in China with my grandfather and grandmother, they took care of me. My mom and my dad usually sent remittances home to pay for my living expenses, and for my grandfather and grandmother. After about 2 years my mom gave birth to my little brother, when my brother was born, I was still in China. My little brother is named Kenny.

When my little brother was 6 months, my mom went back to China with him, to bring me to New York to have better life. When I came to New York I started 2nd grade at PS.94. I hated going to school when I started the first day I didn't know how to communicate with the my second grade teacher, her name was Ms.Demarco, and I didn't like the lunch in school, I didn't know any of the classmates. After 5 years I graduated to Middle School. I kept in touch with my second grade teacher after I graduated. I went to John J Pershing for Middle School. During middle school when I was in 7th grade, my mom gave birth to my little sister. My little sister is named Sally. After I graduated middle school I started High School . I was very proud of myself that I graduated from 5th grade and 8th grade without getting left back . I went to Cobble Hill High School, it’s my first year in Cobble Hill . Now every morning I take the D train to school with my friends, after we get off the D train we still have to walk about 20 to 25 mins to get to Cobble Hill, because we walk so slow in the morning . After school I wait for my friends and we walk together to the D train station, and take the D train home. After I get home I eat a snack, and do my homework. Sometimes after I finish with my homework I go out and hangout with my friends for a while, or sometimes I go to the park with my little brother and little sister.

Maria's Animated Introduction

Here is my animated introduction:

My name is Maria and I’m 19 years old. Some people said that I have a chinese mane but I'm spanish. I’m from a small town in Guatemala called Chajabal, but these days I’m studying and sometimes working in New York. I live with my uncles in Red Hook, Brooklyn. I like living with them because they are responsible and humble people. And also I like the place because I can see the ocean and the tall skyscraper and the huge cruise ships in Red Hook.
My happiest memories from my childhood were the holy days because they were a lot of fun. Each holy day we listened to the stories of my family and played. And also see the pyrotechnic games and also go in Zunil to see the people in horses.

The problems in my country are the people who steal from other people. One thing I would change if I could would be to improve the economy and create jobs for the people.

I like New York for the tall buildings the shining grass the blue oceans and breach but it is not the same as Guatemala. In my country, you can see the blue sky and the shining stars the green forests the tall volcanoes and full moon. In New York, the only stars are the lights from the skyscrapers.

I like to play soccer, basketball, and go the Central Park. I would like to go to college and become a nurse after I graduate this year. I am so proud to be graduating because just two years ago, I spoke no English and had not gone to school since I was 11 years old. It was a lot of work to catch up, but I did it.