All news in Gaming and New Media

1st Detox Tech v. Sports

by: kmason13

The reason I am interested in this topic “How will sports adapt to the world around them?” Is because all of my life I have played sports and I am very athletic and competitive, I always watch sports, I like watch basketball it is my favorite sport. I also watch football, both college and pro and overtime i’ve noticed the advances in the how the sports is watched and how the sports equipment has advanced over many years and i’m very curious on how as our technology gets more and more advanced, how will our sports equipment and sport in general advance and adapt.
Well I know ever since football and basketball were started as sports and commercialized that over time the uniforms for example have changed and advanced drastically from when they started till now. I know that there is a certain relationship between technology and the style of the time and the uniforms and style of the game because basically every 5ish years or so there is a different style, or different trend, and I have seen that trend or style carry over into the sports we watch, and this goes for basically all major commercialized sports we watch today.
What I would like to know and research about is more along the lines of how the new technological advances of the time to come will affect the sports we know and love and watch on a regular basis. Such as, will NFL players visors have the play they are about to run on them or show them where there route will take them on the field in front of them, or how will the communication between coach and players will advance? Will every player have microphones in their helmet so they can talk to the coach and hear changes in the play calling? Or will NBA players have shoes that will improve their jumping capabilities? Or wristbands that will improve handling the ball? Or MLB players wear gloves which improve strength? Where sunglasses that help track the ball better? There are many different advances in technology out there today already that weren’t available when the game started or the years before. So what new capabilities will become available for players, coaches, owners, trainers as the technology advances and the sport advances?

The world ending

by: krenke13

What really will happen when the world ends? It’s such an interesting topic to me because i want to know so much. There are endless possibilities of how and what will happen. There are so many theories like, zombies apocalypse, or jesus coming to the Earth. No one really knows what will happen. Thats what is so interesting to me, no one in the world can predict it. We all just wait and we will never know, when or how it will happen.
I don’t know much about the end of the world. All I know is what I have learned from school, the internet,and the bible. There are multiple theories. School has taught me that global warming may be what destroys the world. The internet is filled with rumours saying that the dead will come back to life and take over the world. The bible tells me that jesus will come to Earth and take everyone to Heaven.
What I really want to know is, what do different religions believe? Do they believe that this supreme being is going to come to Earth and take everyone to a “promised land?” What do scientists believe? I want to know solid facts of what they predict to happen and when i will happen. Also, what can the people on Earth do to prevent it? Is the world going to end like the scientists predicted it started, with a big boom?
What led me to this question is December 21st 2012, the Mayans predicted the world to end. Clearly it didn’t end, but what would’ve happened if it did? I have been curious since I heard about 2012.

First Detox. Freshman & Peace

by: srains13

Will the world ever be at peace?

This question interests me for i believe lately there has been so much violence and hate. I don't want to sound like a sappy hippy, but our world needs to confront these problems and try to find a solution. I know everything cannot be prevented but together we can atleast make a dent in becoming a more peaceful society. This world is so complex and in depth, and sometimes it is hard to grasp why there is war or why people can be so evil: I would like to find the reasoning behind it, and somehow find the answer to this hatred that has been consuming us all.

Throughout our history, there has been countless violence and many wars. Everyone can recall learning about War World I, World War II, and the Civil War, but what about that not so known crimes and hates that gets pushed under the carpet? One that really caught my interest was the gang rape of an Indian college student. Her 5 attackers viciously raped and beat her, later resulting in her death. The sad thing was this only made light to our nation for the police were not doing anything about this. After getting so much attention, her attackers were finally caught but the case for them is still unknown. Other crimes like these, may not even get any notice, and this was one of the few incidents that violence like this was brought to our world’s attention.

Researching this question, i would like to learn more facts and statistics. These could include the violence and crimes that go unreported or how different countries compare in violence and war. All of this together could lead me to see if there are any patterns or correlation, and if a solution to this madness could be found. Expanding my knowledge on this question will also guide me to understand if our world can ever be truly peaceful, or if its just too hard to fully contain the hate and evil.

Opinion Peice

by: Adog12369

Name of Author Title of Newspaper. Main Point / Thesis
Bill Belichek. Hard Lose For the Patriots. The Bad Desitions the Coaching
Staff had maid, And Lack of.effort and execution from the players.

In this Story the Writer uses his City to Explain the Thoughts and feelings from New England After the hard 24 to 14 lose against the Ravens this weekend. He goes into detail on how they messed up and it costed them the game and overall got beat by the ravens on all sides of the ball. Losing Tom Bradey his fourth super bowl Ring the one he would have needed to surpass his childhood hero Joe Montana. It was a Ethos lose simply because the odds were in the patriots favor and it was a surprising outcome to see when the buzzer hit 0.00 the Crowd and audience was Stunned.

My Opinion on the topic is they should have not lost and lost there chances at the super bowl but it just shows that if a team comes ready to play then it doesn't really matter what talk is being talked... It's all about the score board.

Online shopping review

I'm a big fan of online shopping. Online shopping is a very convenience way of shopping, no pressure, saving time, consistency between advertised price and site price, sometimes no cost of delivery fee, information on product comparison easily available, reviews on the product from other customers, 24/7 shopping, ease in merchandise cancellation or return, sometimes tracking of shipping delivery, and all that good stuff.

There's also pros about online shopping. Lack of touch and feel of merchandise, not able to try the merchandise on, some size runs large some runs small, more chances to encounter fraud, more chances for mistakes in ordering the wrong item, some products look totally different than the picture we saw online, some website does not require free return. But overall I think online shopping is great we just have to be careful.

LG G2X

by: AF26915
Pic of Phone

This is an LG phone, that I have used for 3 years now, it is in perfect physical shape, and it worked well at the beginning of its use, however over the months of use, it became overrun with viruses, and has consistently crashed since.

I would not recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for a phone that will last a long time without problems, but if you are looking at a phone just to use for a short time, this could be a viable option for you. The Google Play Store does not cover as many apps as the App Store, but can you can still cover most of the common bases with the google store.

The camera is not as good as the iPhone, but is still decent, free are a variety of accessories available to this phone, again not compared to the iPhone, but still an average amount for a non-iPhone smartphone.

Black Ops 2 review

The annual release of Black Ops rolls around again, and to try and make things fresh we find ourselves battling terrorists in the near future, as well as the immediate past cold war era. We return to Alex Mason, the hero of the first Black Ops, and journey through the creation of the story's main enemy, Raul Menendez, the leader of Cordis Die, a acktivist organisation with sinister motives. We battle through Africa, Afghanistan, and Panama. Then, as David Mason, Alex's son, we battle in the near future through Burma, Pakistan and the Cayman Islands, Yemen and Haiti. Oh, and also on the huge USS Obama.

All in all I believe the BO2 campaign is a brand new genre of game mode itself because of the ability to change your weapon class, the incredible map size and the perspective of a future war by using real world facts. Along with a killer campaign BO2 is stocked with a multiplayer with all new kill streaks, weapons and weapon attachments. The multiplayer allows you to make your own weapon layout of the most high tech guns out there; set with grenades, tomahawks, C4, mines, and flash bangs.You can invite and play with your friends or play with others from around the world. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer fan myself but BO2 made me think again.

As in the first Black ops there is a zombies mode with all new maps weapon grenades Easter eggs and wunder weapons which are the most powerful guns in the game. Some things that have been added are a ability to upgrade your weapon multiple times, store your money and weapons in the game so you can use them the next time you play, and a bus that lets you travel around the map. The black ops 1 zombies plot is carried on to BO2 to show the earth in shamble after suffering a missile explosion that you sent from the moon. As a zombies fan I was very much satisfied with treyarch's work and can't wait till they release another.

In conclusion BO2 was a great game and I am very glad I was able to play it.

Assasin's Creed III Review

by: AM25403

Assassin's Creed III is set during the American revolution. The protagonist is a Native American called Connor who belongs to a group called the Assassins who's purpose is to fight and stop the Templars, who's mission is to take control of man. Throughout the game Connor is actively involved in the American Revolution while fighting the Templars and there leader, who is his father.

Assassin's Creed III is a first person role playing game. The game has good graphics with a great story line that coincides with actual events with real people from the past. The more you know about history, the better the game becomes.Assassin's Creeds story line takes time to develop but always keeps the gamer entertained. At times the games can be quite violent and does include some blood. With a variety of different weapons and ways to play you will not be disappointed. I recommend this game for just about everyone.

Fallout 3

If you have ever played a video game and you have an open mind, you should play fallout 3. Set in the post apocalyptic world of Washington D.C. In the year 2277, Fallout three has a massive and immersive world that really makes you feel that you are in the game.

Its various choices will leave you morally challenged on which path to take. Some choices in the game have no right solution and it will make you feel terrible wither way. And it's not just me who likes the game. As of 2012, 5,530,000 copies have been sold, and that number is still rising.

Due to the game's openness, you can play however you want, and whoever can just pick up the game and have a great experience. I have played many video games, and this, of all the many video games I've played, is definitely my favorite.

It is old, so it has a few bugs and animation problems, but if you can look past that, I think it will be your favorite game too.

Review Beats Headphones

Many people love to play, create, hear music. The beats Studio by Dr. Dre is an awesome device to enjoy music to its full potential. It amplifies music it block out noise, giving you a powerful sound. This headphones are comfortable and light weight.

This headphones are expensive $299.95 and it is worth every and each penny. Some people say that they are very big and it not worth all that money.

I have this headphones and I love them. I love how it sounds and you only hear the music and you don't hear what out side. When I get in a airplane with the beats you can't hear the noise of the airplane.