All news in Gaming and New Media

CITY UNDER THE SEA

“City under the sea”

I believe there is or has been a city under the water that the humans don’t know much about. i am very interested in if there is a city under the water. So i went to google and i read an article about this and they said that an indian-British diving team found some things that can be a sign of a country under the water.

They say that if this city actually was a city it would be older than the Harappan civilization and that it could by laying right beneath the coast of Mahabalipuram.

The old fishermen's in Mahablipuram in Tamli Nadu have for a long time told stories about a secret country, they say that the great flood consumed a city over 1,000 years ago in a single day when the gods grew jealous of the city's beauty.
The myths are stories that have been told for a long time and legend says that it had been six temples who were crushed beneath the waves, with the seventh temple still standing.

Many indians and british divers found a spectacular discovery they said: A joint expedition of 25 divers from the Scientific Exploration Society and India’s National Institute of Oceanography led by Monty Halls and accompanied by Graham Hancock, have discovered an extensive area with a series of structures that clearly show man made attributes, at a depth of 5-7 meters offshore of Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu.

This makes me think that it is true. They say that it is clear that it is man made and how could a human over a 1000 years ago made a lot of things under water hand made?

They are talking about that what they found under water or what they can describe it as and they say that they found : presence of the construction of stone masonry, remains of walls, a big square rock cut remains, scattered square and rectangular stone blocks, big platform leading the steps to it amidst of the geological formations of the rocks that occur locally.

This to me sounds like it has been a country there, like there have been people living there building their own city, it might be a long time ago, but i think this is very true. Some say that it could be 6,000 years ago and that could be true. But there is still signs that there has been people there.

Its very interesting because as it is almost proved that there has been people living here, it could be other places in the world there was a people many years ago that we don't know about. I think people should be more open minded as the author in this text.

What is interesting about this is that when the ice-age was it did terrible things and that could be a reason for a lot of countries to disappear we don't know it there was people there before or not so we need to do more research and found out more about this.

By Sanna
http://krishna.org/city-under-the-sea/

Can Our bodies Predict the Future?

by: smcavoy13

I am trying to answer the question "What is Going to happen in my future?" and researching this question I found an article that helped me in answering my question.
Our bodies can predict the future. The article “Can Our Bodies Predict the Future?” by Tia Ghose explains how our bodies can predict the future. The experiment these scientists designed an experiment in which they showed random pictures to people. Some images were of frightening images like a snake and there were peaceful, like a landscape.
While reading this article I noticed that our bodies can predict the future. Our bodies can do this because of our past experiences. For example, if you see a picture or hear something your bodies’ heart rate or pupils will become dilated around ten seconds before the event happens. This shows that are bodies sense something is going to happen before it happens.
This experiment doesn’t prove that we can predict the future long term, but we can sense the short term future. Reading this article I had many questions. First, how can they support humans can predict the future just by showing them a picture. The reason there heart rate increased could have been because they were anxious. Being anxious and predicting the short term futures are two different things.
My mind hasn’t changed after reading this article. However, I do believe that it is possible for people to sense the future. I have “predicted” the future in my own life. This experiment does not convince me that humans can predict the future

here is the URL to the article
http://www.livescience.com/24479-bodies-predict-the-future.html

Detox 1

by: ttridle14

Am I capable of reaching my goals?

This interests me because i'm not sure if i'm able to accomplish my goals. I am sure i can but there is always the doubt that i might not be able to. Also things change about a person every so often my goals could change from now to even a year. Im still not sure on what my goals are but i have some ideas.

I have ideas of what goals i want to achieve, i want to graduate high school. Then I would like to go to college, i don't really care what college, and become a paramedic. Once i finish college and i get a steady job, I’ll work as a paramedic for a few years. After being a paramedic, I would like to become a firefighter.

I'd like to know how much a paramedic gets paid?, maybe take a couple ride arounds with paramedics to see if I would like to become a paramedic, what schools offer paramedic training?. How many years it will take me to become a paramedic? What i can do to accomplish my goals.

What are future advancements in the future?

This interests me because I’d like to become a paramedic after high school and i think it would be cool to know what kind of new medical equipment there is.

I know there are new ways have helping people, new techniques. But i'm not sure if there is new equipment that can further help people in need.

I’d like to know what are the new advancements, how new technology is advancing and how it is used, how much the equipment is,

Detox- Supply of Resources

I am interested in how long the earth resource, oil will last because I am learning about it in my renewable science class, and it interests me. I would like to know about what's going on around me and if it could impact me. They can't last forever and are we using them the right way? I want to find out more information about this.

I know that we, around the world, are using resources faster than they are being created and they are going to run out. Then what? I know we use the natural resource oil in so many things from gas in our cars to plastic bags in the grocery store. I know Saudi Arabia is the world's leading oil producer. There is such a variety of uses, what are we going to do when its all gone and there is no more. I know we would like to think it can be around forever, but it can't, and what are we going to do?

I would like to know just how long raw oil is expected to last. Are we thinking of an alternative to use in place of oil? Have we found new major reserves of oil any time recently? Just what are we going to do when we run out? How long do we have 50? 100? 200 years? What are we going to do with gas to run our cars? How will we make plastic goods and toys? I know there has to be some answers out there somewhere, I know I'm not the only one wondering theses things. Just how long do we have before we run out?

1st Detox Tech v. Sports

by: kmason13

The reason I am interested in this topic “How will sports adapt to the world around them?” Is because all of my life I have played sports and I am very athletic and competitive, I always watch sports, I like watch basketball it is my favorite sport. I also watch football, both college and pro and overtime i’ve noticed the advances in the how the sports is watched and how the sports equipment has advanced over many years and i’m very curious on how as our technology gets more and more advanced, how will our sports equipment and sport in general advance and adapt.
Well I know ever since football and basketball were started as sports and commercialized that over time the uniforms for example have changed and advanced drastically from when they started till now. I know that there is a certain relationship between technology and the style of the time and the uniforms and style of the game because basically every 5ish years or so there is a different style, or different trend, and I have seen that trend or style carry over into the sports we watch, and this goes for basically all major commercialized sports we watch today.
What I would like to know and research about is more along the lines of how the new technological advances of the time to come will affect the sports we know and love and watch on a regular basis. Such as, will NFL players visors have the play they are about to run on them or show them where there route will take them on the field in front of them, or how will the communication between coach and players will advance? Will every player have microphones in their helmet so they can talk to the coach and hear changes in the play calling? Or will NBA players have shoes that will improve their jumping capabilities? Or wristbands that will improve handling the ball? Or MLB players wear gloves which improve strength? Where sunglasses that help track the ball better? There are many different advances in technology out there today already that weren’t available when the game started or the years before. So what new capabilities will become available for players, coaches, owners, trainers as the technology advances and the sport advances?

The world ending

by: krenke13

What really will happen when the world ends? It’s such an interesting topic to me because i want to know so much. There are endless possibilities of how and what will happen. There are so many theories like, zombies apocalypse, or jesus coming to the Earth. No one really knows what will happen. Thats what is so interesting to me, no one in the world can predict it. We all just wait and we will never know, when or how it will happen.
I don’t know much about the end of the world. All I know is what I have learned from school, the internet,and the bible. There are multiple theories. School has taught me that global warming may be what destroys the world. The internet is filled with rumours saying that the dead will come back to life and take over the world. The bible tells me that jesus will come to Earth and take everyone to Heaven.
What I really want to know is, what do different religions believe? Do they believe that this supreme being is going to come to Earth and take everyone to a “promised land?” What do scientists believe? I want to know solid facts of what they predict to happen and when i will happen. Also, what can the people on Earth do to prevent it? Is the world going to end like the scientists predicted it started, with a big boom?
What led me to this question is December 21st 2012, the Mayans predicted the world to end. Clearly it didn’t end, but what would’ve happened if it did? I have been curious since I heard about 2012.

First Detox. Freshman & Peace

by: srains13

Will the world ever be at peace?

This question interests me for i believe lately there has been so much violence and hate. I don't want to sound like a sappy hippy, but our world needs to confront these problems and try to find a solution. I know everything cannot be prevented but together we can atleast make a dent in becoming a more peaceful society. This world is so complex and in depth, and sometimes it is hard to grasp why there is war or why people can be so evil: I would like to find the reasoning behind it, and somehow find the answer to this hatred that has been consuming us all.

Throughout our history, there has been countless violence and many wars. Everyone can recall learning about War World I, World War II, and the Civil War, but what about that not so known crimes and hates that gets pushed under the carpet? One that really caught my interest was the gang rape of an Indian college student. Her 5 attackers viciously raped and beat her, later resulting in her death. The sad thing was this only made light to our nation for the police were not doing anything about this. After getting so much attention, her attackers were finally caught but the case for them is still unknown. Other crimes like these, may not even get any notice, and this was one of the few incidents that violence like this was brought to our world’s attention.

Researching this question, i would like to learn more facts and statistics. These could include the violence and crimes that go unreported or how different countries compare in violence and war. All of this together could lead me to see if there are any patterns or correlation, and if a solution to this madness could be found. Expanding my knowledge on this question will also guide me to understand if our world can ever be truly peaceful, or if its just too hard to fully contain the hate and evil.

Opinion Peice

by: Adog12369

Name of Author Title of Newspaper. Main Point / Thesis
Bill Belichek. Hard Lose For the Patriots. The Bad Desitions the Coaching
Staff had maid, And Lack of.effort and execution from the players.

In this Story the Writer uses his City to Explain the Thoughts and feelings from New England After the hard 24 to 14 lose against the Ravens this weekend. He goes into detail on how they messed up and it costed them the game and overall got beat by the ravens on all sides of the ball. Losing Tom Bradey his fourth super bowl Ring the one he would have needed to surpass his childhood hero Joe Montana. It was a Ethos lose simply because the odds were in the patriots favor and it was a surprising outcome to see when the buzzer hit 0.00 the Crowd and audience was Stunned.

My Opinion on the topic is they should have not lost and lost there chances at the super bowl but it just shows that if a team comes ready to play then it doesn't really matter what talk is being talked... It's all about the score board.

Online shopping review

I'm a big fan of online shopping. Online shopping is a very convenience way of shopping, no pressure, saving time, consistency between advertised price and site price, sometimes no cost of delivery fee, information on product comparison easily available, reviews on the product from other customers, 24/7 shopping, ease in merchandise cancellation or return, sometimes tracking of shipping delivery, and all that good stuff.

There's also pros about online shopping. Lack of touch and feel of merchandise, not able to try the merchandise on, some size runs large some runs small, more chances to encounter fraud, more chances for mistakes in ordering the wrong item, some products look totally different than the picture we saw online, some website does not require free return. But overall I think online shopping is great we just have to be careful.

LG G2X

by: AF26915
Pic of Phone

This is an LG phone, that I have used for 3 years now, it is in perfect physical shape, and it worked well at the beginning of its use, however over the months of use, it became overrun with viruses, and has consistently crashed since.

I would not recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for a phone that will last a long time without problems, but if you are looking at a phone just to use for a short time, this could be a viable option for you. The Google Play Store does not cover as many apps as the App Store, but can you can still cover most of the common bases with the google store.

The camera is not as good as the iPhone, but is still decent, free are a variety of accessories available to this phone, again not compared to the iPhone, but still an average amount for a non-iPhone smartphone.