What difference do we make?

Listen to and read, then annotate the story with nine videos, collected by Leah Clapman for PBS NewsHour in this NowComment (see below) and write a discussion post in response, using the Quoting a ... video... guide. In your response to the nine videos, also include this quote from the May 2015 Conversation Guide from Ask Big Questions

Towards the end of his life, Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel was asked what he would like to say to young people. He answered:
I would say let them remember that there is meaning beyond absurdity. Let them be sure that every little deed counts, that every word has power, and that we can, everyone, do our share to redeem the world in spite of all absurdities and all the frustrations and all disappointments.

This wisdom rings true in so many ways, in our own lives as much as those of all of the people we touch, in a myriad of ways.

Here are a few questions to address in your discussion post, as well:
  • Picture your day tomorrow. What's one way your watching of these videos will change what you do or how you do it?
  • What’s one obstacle to you making that change, and how can you overcome it? Who might you need help from in order to make this change?
  • What could we do together as a community based our responses to these videos?