2010 Haiti Earthquake

by: WJimenez

Recently in Haiti we've been studying about the 7.2 earthquake. At first,I thought why is the us getting involved. When i read more about the situation i thought we should help them a little. But now i think we are doing too much, We already gave over 9 million U.S dollars. We cant even fix our own economy, save our own states (New Orleans) from natural disasters. And now were fixing another country.

One thing that I know for sure about the earthquake is that the U.S has now sent military aide. Personally I don't think they should be there, People have already attacked a supply truck which caused it to drive off. What is stopping them from attacking a U.S soldier who is just there to help and keep things in order. I feel if you take away mans necessity's and stick them on the street or in a cave. There body and mind transforms in to what i call the survival state. At this state people are willing to do anything to get food/ water. Kill someone, Fight, Hold hostage and so on the possibility are endless. I feel we help out a little bit by sending food and supply's not by sending troops to get hurt or even killed. I feel the united states needs to take care of themselves before they go out there way to help anyone else.