Night and The Chosen

My book is called Night. It is a very good book. It tells the story of Elie Wisel during the holocaust. He has to struggle for his life and it is a very good book about struggle. This is an amazing book about a mans journey, and I am really enjoying it.

I am glad that I am reading "Night" by Elie Wiesel because it tells the story of a young boy my age that has to go through something in his life that I could never imagine myself going through. His whole family has been sent to the concintration camp, and he has to see many of his fellow jewish people die a horrible death. He has to go through things that I could never imagine myself going through, and although he is very young, he seems very wise, and extremely intelligent. He sees everyone dying around him, and we slowly see his emotions and thought change. In the beginning, he was focused on protecting his father, and being with his father, but once he knew that he had to be strong to save his own life. So he slowly grows away from his father, and his images of a god slowly seem to faid away as well.

I can connect this book to the book called "The Chosen". Which also about the holocaust and takes place during the time of the holocaust. However, these Jews were not affected by the Nazis and their killing of jews. They lived in New York during the time of the holocaust, so they were not being attacked. However they were always hearing news about the War, and this had to have runned through their heads. This is a good book, and I really enjoyed it.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of this book because I want to know what happenes to Elie. Does he surrive? Well he definatly survives because he wrote the book. But how did he get saved? How did his suffering during the holocaust affect him afterwards? I also look forward to finding more information on him and the holocaust after reading this book.