6 word memoir

Jul 7, 2014
by: jmasarof

I was born a long time ago in New York City and I grew up in Scarsdale, NY which is a suburb about 30 minutes north of Manhattan. When I was 22 I moved to Israel for five years where I studied Jewish law and philosophy. This changed the way I viewed the world and my lifestyle. Another turning point was when I first became a teacher and developed a passion for working with students and helping them become successful.

I teach English Language Arts. I love to do creative activities like writing, painting and telling stories. When I was a student my favorite class was English because I was good at writing, reading and analyzing stories. I still love to do all those things and now I get paid to do it:)

When I am not working, I like spending time with my friends, reading, watching t.v. and painting. I am particularly good at understanding people and making people laugh. I got this way growing up as the youngest of five children. I spent a lot of time watching my siblings and other family members and thinking of different ways to entertain them. One of my specialties is imitating my parents voices and the things that they say. I have perfected this act over the years and I like to share my observations of the world in funny ways.

Dear Julie Masarof I am

mherrera's picture
Submitted by mherrera on Wed, 2014-07-09 10:50.

Dear Julie Masarof

I am amazed with your six words memoir because I feel like your are trying to tell me that all of your emotion can be released in paper and the more your released the more you feel like you self.

"Another turning point was when I first became a teacher and developed a passion for working with students and helping them become successful." I think this is great because when I first start school in the united states I start to develop the passion of helping people and i start thinking to becoming a teacher in the future.