6 Word Memoir - Saul's life through his own eyes

Jul 7, 2014
Life, Saul, philosophy, Art, quotes

I am a Mexarican. Now this is not a normal word, but a combination of my background Mexican and Puerto Rican. I go by the name Saul and you pronounce it like Raul and not like Paul. In general I would say I am an amicable video game nerd. I also have lots of jokes, some appropriate for school and some not.. With my friends I've been known to cheer people up when depressed, or just get people to smile. One other hobby besides playing video games is dancing. I find dancing very exciting, even if I am not the best at it.

I am a sixteen year old teenage male in the 11th grade. I attend the school University Prep. I am a math and science junky, who takes advance classes for math and science, what a surprise right? I am involved in multiple after school programs which adds on to my already long day of school, but for me it actually helps me focus at home. My fellow students ask me for help sometimes and I always respond to it and help other who don’t ask for it, but it does help them. Teachers call me a blessing in their class, a model student, one teacher even said “ If only we had three of Saul's in this school”. I question am I that good of a student or if they are just exaggerating to make me feel good.

Outside of school it is similar to when I’m inside of school, except I am more free outside of school. When am with friends I bother them out of love, not to get annoying, but just to have a little fun. I Spend a good amount of time playing video games, of course. I try to hang out with friends on early saturday/mid saturday. I leave Sunday for studying, doing homework and family. I am a big hugger, so if you get to know me expect hugs constantly. If I were to use a phrase to describe myself loving, comedy, nerd. One of the hardest thing to do is to describe myself, but I think those words fit me. The number one thing that I hear about me is that I am mature excluding the fart jokes because they are still funny to me, but like when it comes to being mature I am the man. I take responsibility and try to fix what I cause or whatever I did.

Response to your 3 Paragraph Bio

lbauso's picture
Submitted by lbauso on Wed, 2014-07-09 10:51.

Dear Saul:

I was immediately intrigued by your post, "3 Paragraph Bio," because of how you opened by describing yourself as Mexarican. It's a unique word and it established how you are different from others and definitely someone worth knowing!

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I am a big hugger, so if you get to know me expect hugs constantly. " I think this is really cool because so many teenagers are "too cool" to be affectionate - they are much more standoffish and self-conscious.

Another sentence that I loved was, "When am with friends I bother them out of love, not to get annoying, but just to have a little fun." This stood out for me because it's a sign of how close people are when you can pick on them without making them angry. My family does that A LOT. Sometimes they take it too far, though...

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. You wrote about how you are involved in a lot of after school programs, which I think is great, even though it probably makes your days very long. This reminded me of how different I was in high school - I just wanted to graduate, move out, get a job, and I was counting the days until I could. I really rushed though high school and did not take the time to relax and connect with my peers, and I regret it, so it's nice to see that you are not making that same mistake.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you have a great sense of humor and you are an engaging writer!

Take care,

Louise

Dear, saul cervantes I am

JHernandez's picture
Submitted by JHernandez on Thu, 2014-07-17 11:37.

Dear, saul cervantes

I am proud about with your essay "Saul's life through his own eyes" because I want learn more about you and how your life is. Well by just reading the first sentence It tell me how your life work and how smart you are in school. Well it show that you really like school and you take school seriously.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "I am a sixteen year old teenage male in the 11th grade. I attend the school University Prep. I am a math and science junky, who takes advance classes for math and science, what a surprise right? I am involved in multiple after school programs which adds on to my already long day of school, but for me it actually helps me focus at home." I think this is great because it show how you really love school and how you

Another sentence that I like was: "When am with friends I bother them out of love, not to get annoying, but just to have a little fun. I Spend a good amount of time playing video games, of course. I try to hang out with friends on early saturday/mid saturday. I leave Sunday for studying, doing homework and family. I am a big hugger, so if you get to know me expect hugs constantly. If I were to use a phrase to describe myself loving, comedy, nerd. One of the hardest thing to do is to describe myself, but I think those words fit me." This stood out for me because well I like to do the same thing but different but I don't wake up that early and the more I do is play soccer. We should talk more often to know each other and see if you better than me on video games.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time because they use to call me nerd and I use to get angry and then one day he said that I went up to him and I punch him that I broke his nose. That why i stop being a nerd.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you have a great sense of humor and you are an engaging writer.