6 word Memoirs

Jul 8, 2014

I'm a student at International Community High School in Bronx, NY, and I'm a participant in the 2014 Youth Voices Summer Program.

Hey I’m Laura Guichardo an important thing about me is that I love music. I was born in Dominican Republic. Something important that happened to me was when I moved to New York, my life changed a lot.

In school I like to do experiments in science. I’m good at science and making questions about the topics we are talking about in class.

In my free times I like to hang out with my friends, go to party’s, and also spent time with my family.

Shy And Kind

nfelix's picture
Submitted by nfelix on Wed, 2014-07-23 12:01.

Dear Laura,

I am excited about your post of your Bio because I got to know you a bit better. I notice that you are shy and don't really like to talk much. I am exactly the same way, I dislike working with strangers and being forced to talk to them. However, as a future lawyer, you are on your way to the right path.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: "I'm good at science and making questions about the topics we are talking about in class". I think this is cool because I do to. After English, Science is my favorite subject and I enjoy thinking about all the questions that are still unanswered in the world.

Another sentence that I liked was: "Something important that happened to me was when I moved to New York, my life changed a lot". This stood out to me because I can say the exact same thing. My life has definitely changed ever since I moved from Puerto Rico.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I was studying with my friend for the Chemistry Regents and both of us can't help but ask questions about why, how and when, regarding everything we were studying. We kept asking questions and sometimes we never came up with an answer. Yet, that's why science is so much fun and it's interesting that you like science like I do. Apart from the academic similarities, both of us like music as demonstrated in your six word memoir. The image represents the freedom music brings to you and the idea relates to me as well.

Thanks for your writing as well your six word memoir. The image represent the fact you like music and enjoy having fun. I look forwards to seeing what you write next because you seem like an intelligent, kind student that even I would be friends with in school. Since we are both shy and don't really like to talk much we can help each other in the process of getting more open. From what I have heard you are a deep person, who has a smart way of looking at the world.