Stop ISIS!

In an ABC news essay, “ISIS trail of terror,” http://abcnews.go.com/WN/fullpage/isis-trail-terror-isis-threat-us-25053190. the authors, Lee Ferran and Rym Momtaz explain what ISIS has been doing. They are just giving us the facts.

When we consider the issue of ISIS, some might wonder: Why did ISIS start a war with the world? In this article, Lee Ferran and Rym Momtaz address this question that explains, “why ISIS started killing people and rampaging in village?” and it shows one of Barack Obama quotes about ISIS.

A interesing quote from this news article is:

“Although originally an al Qaeda affiliate, ISIS and al-Baghdadi had a public falling out in 2013 with Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s replacement and leader of al Qaeda “core,” over the role of another al Qaeda group, the al-Nusra Front, in Syria. In February 2014 a letter obtained by the Long War Journal reportedly showed al Qaeda’s senior leadership was so fed up with al-Baghdadi that it severed all connection with ISIS. By declaring himself the “caliph” of the Islamic State in June 2014, al-Baghdadi appears to have challenged al-Zawahiri directly for the allegiance of all Muslim extremists. Ever since jihadist organizations around the globe ha

This is basically saying that ISIS could have started from al Qaeda. This is important because ISIS was a part of al Qeada. I wish this would have never happened.

Another point Ferran and Momtaz makes in their news article is “Born from an especially brutal al Qaeda faction, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has grown from relative obscurity in recent years to overshadow its extremist patrons. It now terrorizes large swaths of Syria and Iraq, has become the target of the largest U.S. military operation in Iraq in years and, with the public, cold-blooded execution of multiple Westerners, dominates headlines the world over”. This is good research because this information could help a reader out on why ISIS does what ISIS does.

This might make one wonder if ISIS started from al Qaeda. What started al Qaeda!? Also why did ISIS start? One question people have about ISIS is: Can they be stopped?

A third point Ferran and Momtaz is:
“While extremist groups are generally amorphous organizations, ISIS can trace its history directly back to the Sunni terrorist organization al Qaeda, specifically the Iraq faction, al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI). AQI, led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was responsible for scores of bombings, kidnappings and beheadings in Iraq following the U.S. invasion there. After al-Zarqawi was killed in 2006 by an American airstrike, leadership of the group eventually fell to an experienced Iraqi fighter, Abu Du’a, better known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who had once been in U.S. custody in Iraq.”

What I learned from this article is how ISIS was started; Why ISIS kills people; And how can ISIS be stopped.
What we can appreciate about these writer’s work is that they gave us information concerning ISIS and if it was not for this article I would not be able to learn about ISIS. And I will look forward for their next article because I still have a lot questions about ISIS and how can we end them.

good information

kfasimpaur's picture
Submitted by kfasimpaur on Tue, 2015-12-15 15:32.

Abraham,

Thank you for writing this post. I learned some things I did not know before about ISIS.

I am curious to hear more about what you learned about why ISIS does what it does. Is there anything that might be done about ISIS other than more war?

Keep writing and I'll look forward to hearing more.

thank you

Submitted by avillanueva on Mon, 2015-12-21 15:53.

thank you for all of the good feedback! I will love to write more about ISIS and read more articles about ISIS. Also I will start on A new article about ISIS soon. So I will get to it!