Alcatraz

In the history of Alcatraz- a prison on the island of Alcatraz off the coast of San Francisco, 26 prisoners tried to escape, and three of them were never accounted for. Did they swim through the icy waters and escape? Or did something for malignant get to them? The night they escaped everything seemed normal to all the guards watching them. By morning they realised they had disappeared:: paper mache heads and pillow bodies replaced the two Anglin Brothers and the mastermind Clarence. All three were in Alcatraz for bank robberies and it was well known the Clarence was the most intelligent of the three. His IQ was measured to be an astounding 133. The morning they were all discovered missing, and there was a search of their cells, the island and the waters surrounding the island. What they found was astonishing. These prisoners used spoons from the cafeteria and an old vacuum to dig their way through cement walls to air vents to escape. Sounds alot like Shawshank Redemption. On the surrounding shores, they found a raft made of old raincoats and a plethora of picture and keepsakes from each prisoner. They never did find the brothers or Clarence and in 1979 the FBI declared them officially dead and shut the books on the case. No bodies, no trace of Clarence and the Anglin brothers were ever found.

http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/suic/NewsDetailsPage/NewsDetailsWindow?failOv...

Brilliance from all Angles

Submitted by krose on Sun, 2012-12-02 20:18.

Jenna this is such a cool topic! I haven't seen Shawshank Redemption, but I find the story fascinating, especially the way you described it. I assume you are researching the story of these prisoners, separating the fantastic rumors from the actual cross-checkable facts, and also allowing for some imagination to fill in the gaps. I can't wait to hear more about what went on inside and outside the walls of Alcatraz at this time.