Archetype in Pop Culture

Harry Potter

I believe that Harry Potter and the Harry Potter series in general is an example of the 'the good always wins' archetype. In case you don't know (even though you should) Harry Potter is a very popular book and movie series that is mainly fantasy. In the novels, Harry and the rest of the good people are always in some kind of trouble, mostly to do with Voldemort. Some specific examples are: In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry is in the chamber with the basilisk, and it seems like he is for sure going to die. But just as all looked grim, Fawkes the Phoenix came with the sword of Gryffindor to save the day. This shows the archetype 'the good always wins' because even when the evil is winning, and all seemed bad, the good always prevailed.

Yeah this is very true. In

Submitted by tina188 on Mon, 2016-06-06 10:22.

Yeah this is very true. In almost all movies, the plot is always that the 'good always win.' If you think about James Bond to Lord of the Rings. It's just the way it is because what fun would it be if the bad guy won? It would be a very nice plot twist though.