Archetypes

by: ewan

The perfect archetype of a villain in my opinion is the notorious Darth Vader. Darth Vader from the Star Wars Saga is displayed as a villain who is cunning and will stop at nothing to achieve complete success. Everyone has heard of Darth Vader all over the world. As the Star Wars series grew the fame of Darth Vader grew as well and know he is probably the most well known villain across the globe. He is probably in the most famous movie of all time and is traditional breathing is a sign of evil. His theme song is also widely played and very famous as well. Darth Vader is the best archetype for a villain that there is.

I really liked how showed

Nishan18's picture
Submitted by Nishan18 on Sat, 2015-05-30 11:47.

I really liked how showed people that an archetype doesn't always have to be a good guy. Most people including myself immediately choose our favorite hero and didn't even think of the villains or the more neutral characters. When you think Star Wars, Darth Vader seems like the opposite of a hero or archetype, but he does resemble evil itself and in the end he once again becomes the hero he originally was.

True, but he isn't always evil

AdamS16's picture
Submitted by AdamS16 on Sun, 2015-05-31 21:23.

I agree with you position, but only for a small part in the saga. Darth Vader, or Anakin Skywalker neither starts out, nor ends up as an evil character. For a large part of his youth he is actually almost a perfect hero, but then he turns into the perfect villain that we all know and love. Then, in the end of the series he again returns to the hero and helps Luke defeat the Emperor. So, is he really the perfect villain in the big picture? I think not!