Archetypes

My favorite superhero is Captain America because he's a pretty realistic superhero and doesn't need a power to be one. Also because he is part of the Avengers which is a great trilogy about Iron Man, Hulk, Hawk Eye, Black Widow, Thor, and Captain America who are all members of the Avengers who save the world from super villains trying to destroy it. Captain America plays a major role in this because he is a leader figure in this group of superhero's and can be compared to Odysseus based on his leadership skills. An Archetype is his red, white, and blue shield with a star in the middle because this is what makes him a superhero and is something that if someone saw they would think of him immediately.

I agree, but...

ajusa's picture
Submitted by ajusa on Sun, 2015-05-31 13:33.

I think that Captain America could easily be compared to Odysseus. Both of them are quite similar, except for one thing: Odysseus is a lot more stubborn and arrogant than Captain America. For that reason, Odysseus would resonate a lot more with someone like Iron Man, because both Odysseus and Iron Man are smart, stubborn, and often act somewhat rashly. Both are also selfless if it requires them to be. However, if you focus only on Odysseus goods, then Captain America is very similar to him.

I like your writing. I agree

Submitted by jordanh18 on Sun, 2015-05-31 19:04.

I like your writing. I agree that once people think of a super hero they think of Captain America. I think of him too. You could explain more of why he is an archetype.

I like your writing. I agree

I like your writing. I agree

I also like captain america,

Submitted by grantw18 on Mon, 2015-06-01 10:42.

I also like captain america, I think that he is brave and a good leader. I also think that he is apart of the hero archetype and is one of the most famous superheroes.