Are people born with talents?

by: reywin

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been if people are born with talent. I remember me talking about it with a friend in my house and she was giving me her opinion about this, but I didn’t pay much attention to this because I felt like there wasn’t a real answer to this. Lately, the issue has caught my eyes again. I know that many people feel that every single person has a talent because they were born with it and sooner or later they going to see what is their talent. From what I have heard, not all people are born with talents. For example, I heard that you have to find your talent as if you're good at something than others then that can mean that’s your talent. Now that’s just what I’ve heard, it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about, “Are people born with talents?” is that everybody has a special talent. But for some people it will take time to figure it out like me and others will know what is their talent. I also know that there is a lot of talents out there that a person can have. Many people have more than one talent and can surprise you, others only have one, and the rest are trying to figure out what’s their talent and asking themselves, “What’s my talent? or Do I have a talent?.” I also know that when you see your friend and he has a talent and you don’t. Sometimes, you might start to feel bad in the inside thinking that he's better than you and all that.

Being that I didn’t have a lot of background information on my question, I chose to do some research on my question. As I search for blogs and news articles on google, I came across this one essay named “people are born with talent or not” by khoctham. Which talks about that some people are born with talents and other are not but some of them can be taught to do something well like be a good musician. This essay provided a lot of information and opinion on my question. Some people like Khoctham felt that people born with talents or that not all people are born with talent. In this essay it’s stated that, “It is general believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport, music, and other are not.” However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sport person or musician.”This statement didn’t really surprise me all that much,but it did make me think a lot. The reason why it made me think a lot was because now I’m wondering if my friends have real talent or been taught to do something they like right. In a way I’m confused.

In the blog, “are people born with talents or they gain it from intense practice?” by RyuOkizari. I read a lot of different opinion from different teens about this question that RyuOkizari asked. This one girl said, “Talents are given by God. People just need to find it in themselves and improve it!” I agree with this because if you're born with a talent is because god gave you the talent. But others that don’t think they have talent they just have to find it in themselves because god gave all of us a talent. This other girl said,”You're really lucky if you're born with a talent.” I agreed with this because if you are born with a talent you should be very happy and lucky because not everybody will have that talent and be good as you. ” Also you have to help how to take advantage of your talent and show people.

According to this blog, “Are people born with Talent?” from OnionsXD. I had read different point of view of people's idea about people being born with talent. This girl stated, “I don't think so. I think it's something that you have to work at and become good at yourself. You can become good at anything if you put enough work into it I think. You aren't born with it.” I finally found one that says no that people are not born with talent and gave her reason why I actually respect her opinion and others too. I also agreed with her when she said that you could become good at anything if you put effort in it and you don’t have to be born with it. “Practice makes Perfect.”

Therefore, according to this other blog, “Are People Really Born With Talent?” it shows that 71.79% believe that people are born with talent and that 28.21% believe that people are not born with talent. Most people is this blog believe that people are not born with talent they believe that they have to practice to be good at something. This other guy believe that some people are naturally gifted more than others with talent. What I believe in this blog is that the reason why many people don’t believe that people are born with talent is because they believe that everything have to do with practicing a lot and get good at it. When you have a talent you don’t have to practice because you already good at it because you was born with it.

In this last blog, “Do you believe that people are born with talents?” by Mr_B_86. He says,”Personally, I do not believe in "Talent" as such.” I disagree with him because I believe in talent. The reason why I do is because is a skill that you have, a skill that you don’t really did to practice that much, a skill that maybe god gave you for a reason that you might not know. This saying,”You can clearly tell early on which people are naturally talented and which ones aren't.” Makes me think because I can’t tell when someone is naturally talented from the ones that just practice to be good at it.

None of these sites help answer my question because it was based on many people's opinions like some people say yes and some say no but I like that they both proved their point. But I learn a lot about, “Are people born with talents,” all this sites made me come to a conclusion that some people are born with a talent and some are not, but that practice makes perfect and that people that are not born with talent they could practice on doing what they love and be great with it they don’t need talent to do what they one. I always asked myself, “Was I born with a talent?” the reason why I ask myself that is because I believe that people are born with special talent and that I believe that I was born with a talent but maybe right now I won’t be able to say what or know what is it. But I sure know that one of these days I’ll know what’s my talent.

Work Cited:
Khoctham. "People are born with talent or not." Essay Forum. October 2, 2009. April 14, 2012.

RyuOkizari. "In your opinion, are people born with talents or they gain it from intense practice?" Formspring.April 14,2012.

OnionsXD. "Are people born with Talent?" The spirit science. September 2011. April 14, 2012.

Guest. "Are People Really Born With Talent?" Forum ebaum's world. March 26, 2006. April 14, 2012.

Mr_B_86. “Do you believe that people are born with talents?.” Reddit. April 14, 2012.

Yes... in a way.

Submitted by Taher on Tue, 2013-07-30 13:30.

Ability in a subject is influenced by a variety of factors.

When Einstein's brain was analyzed, it was found that in some respects, it was inferior to a variety of "average" humans. But the logical reasoning centers of his brains were... humongous. We know that most of his theories are based on logic. Therefore... he was born with logic... which was perceived as intelligence by the "more inferior."

Our brains are all different. Naturally, you know that. How do you know it? Because your brain is capable of analyzing words. Perhaps, your talent is writing, because the  linguisitic part of your brain is stronger. Most of this is just genetics (the more linguistically gifted your parents were, the higher the chance you would follow the same route.) (Fun fact: Roald Dahl nearly failed English at school.)

So, the first is genetics... or, you're born with it.

The second is motive. I heard about a farmer who decided to run a marathon which was filled with professional athletes. It was a 10 day marathon. He finished it in five. Why? Nobody told him he had to sleep.

He ran for five days. Without sleeping. And he won. By miles... and miles... and miles.

If you're motivated enough, your brain creates links between neurotransmitters. These links get stronger when you repeat an activity, herego "practice makes perfect." Thus, those links react faster when called upon to repeat the activity... you're familiar with it, making you better than a newcomer. Practice enough and those links become a part of you.

The third... passion.

You want to be the next Picasso, Da Vinci or Van Gogh. Neither of your parents are artists or appreciate art in the least. Your reports from "teachers and experts" tell you your fingers are like sausages and you hold a paintbrush like a broom. In other words... you're hopeless.

One question. Do you love art?

Do you love it with all your heart and soul? Are you willing to sacrifice sweat and time in pursuit of artistic perfection? Then what in the world is stopping you? Grab a canvas and get brooming!

I'm just a 13, but I don't need experience to argue these points. Intuitively, I know they're true.

Good luck in your future endeavours!