Are there strategies to win the lottery?

by: margui

Winning the lottery had been my dream since I got to the United States. Now more than ever I am interested a lot in the millions of dollars that the Mega Millions gives out to the winning lottery ticket. One thing I know for sure is that many people have the same dream; this also would help people to get whatever they want and they will quit jobs. What makes me more excited about the lottery is when the Mega Millions reached the $640 million dollars which was really surprising not only to me but to others as well.

There are a lot of things I already know about the lottery such as people winning millions every week. Also, not only the Mega Millions but other lottery tickets are sold throughout the United States, and many individuals are lucky to win at least two dollars depending how lucky they get.

In one of my sources I searched it said, “Each game play on a ticket costs $1.” This means that every play is worth it, because is not a lot of money being spent and you may have chances to be the lucky winner. Also, you have the opportunity to choose your own numbers and not just random ones from the machine.

My second source stated, “If there were one guaranteed technique that won the lottery each and every time, the lottery would simply not be in business.” This shows that winning the lottery is not that easy as it seems. It’s just a way to make money selling the tickets, and make people believe that they will win someday. I’m not saying that there is no chance of winning but there is a lot of chances of losing money by buying a great amount of tickets.

In my third source it said, “Statistically, playing the same number time after time doesn't help you win any faster either.” This tells us that each time you play the lottery anywhere; you should choose different numbers instead of choosing the same ones as every week or every day. This can also help increase or decrease the chances of winning money.

In another source which gives lottery formulas it said, “Most of you who are interested in lottery wonder why you do not win the game.” This statement is really true, because most people even I think the same thing. Why we aren’t that lucky enough? I think all of this is just business like the second source I found mentioned.

In my last source it said, “The great thing about the lottery was that I get to experience amazing things with people I care about. I started up a consulting company and am employing some people that helped me along the way with my employment. I took my family on a cruise.” This shows us how winning the lottery can change our lives and point of view of different things around us. Once you get those millions in your hand you go crazy spending it in things that once you wanted. You have so many chances to win if you are that lucky person.

Now that I’ve read and found a lot of information about strategies to win the lottery, I feel like there is a large amount of possibility that winning the lottery would feel so great. At the same time, I think that there is only one out of thousands of chances to win not only in one state but throughout the United States. Many resources have given me the information enough to think that the lottery is just a way to make business or if luck is with you to win money.

Works Cited:
1.Howard Gail. May 2002. April 5th 2012.
Are there different strategies on how to win the lottery?
http://www.smartluck.com/free-lottery-tips/megamillions-556.htm?loc=New%...
“Each game play on a ticket costs $1.”
This article is about strategies for the Mega Millions lottery. These were some strategies for the $640millions that were played this April 3rd, 2012. These tips and clues helped many people win part of the millions that were given out.

2. “Lottery Winning Strategies”. April 9th 2012
http://www.lotterywinningstrategies.org/
“If there were one guaranteed technique that won the lottery each and every time, the lottery would simply not be in business.”
Tells you tips to get the winning ticket, it tells you also what you can do with the money (millions).

3. ABC News, “Mega Millions Fever: Tips For Buying Your Lucky Lottery Ticket.”March 29, 2012. April 9th, 2012.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mega-millions-fever-tips-buying-luc...
This article tells how you can pick your own numbers, and not just let a machine pick them for you.
“Statistically, playing the same number time after time doesn't help you win any faster either.”

4. “Lottery winning formula.” April 9th, 2012
http://howtowinthelotteryblog.org/lottery-winning-formula-review/
It gives strategies to pick the winning numbers of the lotto.
“Most of you who are interested in lottery wonder why you do not win the game.”

5. Kratz Florian Ellen, “Taking Home the Jackpot.” February 28, 2007. April 9th, 2012.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/20/magazines/fortune/lottery_winnings.fortu...
A guide of how people can invest their money when they win the lottery.
“The great thing about the lottery was that I get to experience amazing things with people I care about. I started up a consulting company and am employing some people that helped me along the way with my employment. I took my family on a cruise.”