Are we giving too much artificial intelligence to machines?

Are machines obtaining too much artificial intelligence?

Something I have been interested in learning more about has been artificial intelligence.  I remember Stephen Hawking talking about it in November of 2008, but I had not really looked into because it didn’t seem like a major issue.  Lately, the issue has caught my eye again.  I know that many people feel that this issue is not important and not an issue to worry about.  From what I have heard, overdosing machines with artificial intelligence is becoming a much more serious issue and may become a significant problem in the future. Now that’s just what I’ve heard, it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about artificial intelligence is that it is a controversial and growing issue.  Now I’ve studied my share of technological sciences and I believe artificial intelligence can definitely be a dangerous thing.  As modern day science is advancing, we are developing tons of new machines and increasing their intake of artificial intelligence.  Personally, it’s funny to me how the media portrays machines as dangerous tools and yet scientists are continuing to place more and more intelligence into them.

Artificial intelligence was not a tremendous issue in the past but as time progressed, the danger with this is lurking around the corner.  Movies such as The Terminator, I Robot, The Matrix and many more depict the danger of putting intelligence into machines.  Being that I did not have a lot of background information on artificial intelligence, I chose to do some research on the topic.  As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across an article that sets an example: Metis - Industrial Design and Future Technology, http://www.tuvie.com/?s=Metis&x=0&y=0.  This article provides a lot of information and shows an example of artificial intelligence being a part of the human body.  --- “The long deserted issue, the human body, has come across the industrial designer’s path, resulting the innovative and functional METIS concept that has been designed to redefine the future of human. Being connected with the human nervous system, this prosthesis concept can provide an amputee his access to the existing virtual dimensions around us by giving back his limb. Moreover, only if you can overlook the reality of a flesh and blood hand, this prosthesis features more advanced technologies than a real hand such as 360 degrees rotating ability of the arm, 3G, Wi-Fi, LCD display and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries to power the electric elements. With all these functional features, who knows, maybe future people will consider altering their real hand with METIS.”  This statement didn’t really surprise me all that much, but it did make me think about the negatives of having a prosthetic arm.