Assisted Suicide

by: lboyd

Assisted Suicide
The suicide of a patient suffering from an incurable disease, affected by the taking of lethal drugs provided by a doctor for this purpose. Assisted suicide is only legal in Netherland, Oregon, and Montana. I think assisted suicide should be legal in California.
“In Baxter v. Montana, a terminally ill patient, Robert Baxter, sued for the right to die, claiming that doctors who refused to assist him were violating his rights. A lower court ruled that a patient has the right to end his or her life and that doctors who assist cannot be prosecuted for homicide.” Supporters respects the individual’s right to people’s destiny. This evidence supports assisted suicide. It claims a patient has a legal right to end his or her life.
“Roughly one-third of those patients who complete the process of seeking medications under the Dignity Act do not go on to consume the medications. These individuals derive comfort from having the option to control the time of death yet ultimately die of their disease without exercising that control.” If a person want to kill themselves they may use painful, violent or uncertain methods. This evidence supports assisted suicide. It claims ⅓ of the people who have the option to commit assisted suicide.

Hi Lauryn! I definitively

Submitted by Cborgialli on Tue, 2015-09-22 21:59.

Hi Lauryn!
I definitively agree with you that assisted suicide should be legal. In fact, I think it should be made legal on a federal level in the United States. I believe that assisted suicide should be guarantee by your right to the Pursuit of Happiness. Also, the people who disagree with assisted suicide have no business deciding if a person should suffer or not.
I thought our writing was good! As a persuasive essay on such a controversial topic, you could have had stronger/more evidence to back up your argument. Other than that I really liked it because it got me thinking about the topic and what side i was on.

I agree that assisted suicide

Submitted by bynumj16 on Thu, 2015-09-24 04:54.

I agree that assisted suicide should be legal. I feel like if you are terminally ill it should be your decision if you want to be taken out of your pain.
I thought our writing was really good.

Assisted suicide

Submitted by Sarah Beth on Fri, 2015-10-02 14:13.

I watched an interesting documentary about assisted suicide in Oregon called "How To Die In Oregon". Before watching this documentary I had a very vague idea of what assisted suicide is, and after watching it I can understand why the legalization is a topic of interest. Hearing stories of people who seek the end of their lives due to terminal illness and find that the least harm will be done by medicinally ending their life is understandable after learning the cercumstances and rational. I highly recommend this documentary if you are interesting in learning why assisted suicide is an option and why it is a political issue.