Bad Boy Gary

by: rwynn

Now that I've made a map about Living Up The Street by Gary Soto I am noticing that I had a lot of fun places ,that are across where they live at but I think these places are working places because they had to get up every morning to do work and chores.

The issues that keep coming up are that they are terrible kids and they have no home training so they don't listen to they parents and they bully other people around the street. It says on page two that they throw rocks at cars and sodas at cars.

This might leave a reader feeling confused because they probably thinking about how the little kids get up to do grown ups chores, but they're not in school. For example, they and the family worked at the Sun-Maid factory.

In the first paragraph, of Living Up The Street by Gary Soto writes about his life growing up in Fresno, California. By the end of the chapter you can see what he means is that the guy and his siblings don't know how to act.

I'd love to know what you think of my ideas about the first chapter of Living Up The Street.

Makes me happy!

Submitted by fcastaneda on Fri, 2016-06-24 10:45.

Dear Raleek:

I am happy about you essay, “Bad Boy Gary”because the explain about the first chapter of living up the streets.You also explain that the was not a good kid when he was younger like 10 or 11.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “The issues that keep coming up are that they are terrible kids and they have no home training so they don't listen to they parents and they bully other people around the street.”I think this is a strong sentence is because you said that gary and his friends and his brother and sister was bad kids in Fresno and that Gary and his friend was throwing eggs and and i think rocks at cars.

Another sentence that I liked was “This might leave a reader feeling confused because they probably thinking about how the little kids get up to do grown ups chores, but they're not in school.”This stood out for me because it is true how can they do grown up chores and they do not go to school.

Thanks for writing.I look forward to seeing why you write next,Because your writing is very interesting about the things you say in your essay.