Barack Obama Won!

by: meganw
Favorite authors

Americans everywhere are extatic to be guided by our new American president, Barack Obama. He was even named "Person of the Year" by Time Magazine.

Time magazine named U.S. President-elect Barack Obama the Person of the Year after he became the first African-American to win the White House.

UPDATE 1-Obama is Time Person of Year; who are runners-up? | Reuters

Today, it is uncommon for people all over these United States to be surprised by this. Jut two years ago, very few people knew the name "Obama." But now, his name is known to almost every American in this country over the age of about 10. Being the first African American US President, must be a great honor. No one could have imagined this to happen all but 50 years ago. Yet, here we are. with an African American running our entire country. Personally, I couldn't be happier! it means we have finally, truly overcome the racism that drowned this country not too long ago.

Barack Obama's campaign has pocketed $870,165 from defense-contractor sources, 34% more than the $647,313 in contributions McCain's campaign received from the same sector.

Obama Beats McCain in Defense Contributions - TIME