Baseball Problems

I created the Scratch animation Baseball Problems as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that has at least one decision that is either good or bad. Its a story that has a wrong decision and right decision. The point in making this animation is making a story that the gamer can actually decide what he wants to happen by making either the right or wrong decision.
My story is about two friends want to go to a baseball game. When one of the friends buys the ticket, the other realizes he has no money so he has to make the decision of either sneaking or getting a job and work for money. If he try’s to break in he goes to jail, from the jail you decide to stay in or sneak out. If you sneak out you escape and are never to be seen again, if you stay nothing happens. If he gets a job he goes back to the stadium. Then when he goes back to the stadium he realizes that he does not have money to buy food. So he can either wait it out or steal some. If you steal the food you get caught because a cop was watching and you get kicked out of the stadium. If you wait it out you catch a fly ball and meet Derek Jeter and get him to sign the ball.

I was inspired of making this animation by going to a lot of baseball games.
I think I was successful in creating my story because I met all the requirements of the project correctly and did everything my teacher told me to do. I think I was successful because I made my animation have to make 4 decisions when you only had to do one. By me doing all of the requirements and doing extra then I really had to do makes me thing I will get a good grade.

Impressive

Submitted by 16mendietaa on Wed, 2012-01-04 14:57.

this story is very good because it's a good story and most kids will enjoy the story. i also like the graphics in like the backgrounds and the characters like Derrick Jeter. overall i think this story is great and also meets all the requirements needed for the project.

Impressive

Good job

16matovica's picture
Submitted by 16matovica on Thu, 2012-01-05 22:26.

I really thought the story line was interesting. A little problems with the neatness of the characters, but other then that good job, really thoughtful.

ethical dilemma

17kimjm's picture
Submitted by 17kimjm on Thu, 2012-04-26 13:57.

i like how like when you click the sneak in, it is interesting how the police gets the crook. The ethical dilemma is either you get a job and get money first, or sneak in.

Very well thought out, and nice story line.

Submitted by 17mahmuds on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:52.

Basically, I liked this because it was planned out and it didn't have a lot of errors, but other stories had a lot. The ethical dilemma is whether the main character should steal the ticket or get a job.

good job

Submitted by 17palominos on Sun, 2012-04-29 23:16.

i like all the alternative endings that were presented throughout this animation it included all the good elements such as being interactive i think that it should have a little bit more time to read the speech bubbles. other than that this animation was very good, amazing.

This animation has a good

Submitted by 17shermangodfreym on Mon, 2012-04-30 18:37.

This animation has a good ethical dilemma, but it doesn't really work the way it is supposed to. If you press the wrong button, you will get jumped over to an entirely different scene, and trying to get back to where you were will only cause the wrong characters to appear and the characters to say the wrong things. Ex: pressing m in the scene with Derek Jeter will cause him as well as you to go to jail, and he will continue his speech while you attempt to escape. Also, on a less pressing note, the wrong sprites are sometimes on top, and the sprites often talk over each other.

1 thing I liked, and the Ethical Dilema.

17parkj's picture
Submitted by 17parkj on Tue, 2012-05-01 09:03.

One thing that I liked about this was that there was many dilema during the animation. 3 in total. But the main ethical dilema was either to the right thing, or to do the wrong thing. In the beginning you can choose if you want to sneak in or not. Than you have a choice of running away from jail or not. You also have a choice of stealing this item or not.