BBoy, not robber

by: dlloyd

Hello my name is Dashawn. I’m 15 years old I’m an the 7th grade my school is called New Directions. My favorite subject is math anything with math in it I like it. I never use to go to school but I started going because I’m trying to change my life around. When I’m and gym I like to play basketball. Basketball is my favorite sport it fill like I’m gifted with the talent. School is contemptuous and imperceptible because you never know was going to happen or you just learn more.

When I’m at home its amazing because I get to do whatever I want. When I’m home I really do things I can’t in school. I go to the park and play basketball but they best part of is I can use my phone and call people or be one the internet. When you home you just feel like a king its explicit. I can eat whatever I want I don’t have to choose. I be blithe when i’m home because I have brothers and sisters so we play laugh and enjoy the day

When i’m outside I be on my best behavior because I didn’t want people thinking I have no home training. Sometimes I walk outside when i’m mad when i’m outside I think I have more personal space.When i’m outside sometimes I do dumb things and sometimes I do good,smart things. For example I would fight when somebody just for my to think i’m cool then sometimes I would say I don’t feel like fighting and go play basketball. When i’m outside I will hangout with my friends or something like a the movies.

Inspirational

20adouiml's picture
Submitted by 20adouiml on Fri, 2015-04-24 19:24.

When I read your story, I was amazed at what you wrote. This memoir is more inspirational especially to those who feel like they aren't capable of anything. You're 15 years old and in the 7th grade, to most that may sound weird, but when they know the story behind it, it is amazing. Not a lot of people are willing to start from the beginning, so they just give up, but you didn't because you wanted to turn your life around. I find it really inspirational that you went back to school to give your life a better chance.
The stuff about how you behave outside or that you do make dumb mistakes is something that some would never mention. I like how you are brave like that, and just really want to show that you are normal. It proves that all of this is just part of life and not everyone is perfect. Its great that you have siblings most people say that they wish they never had siblings, but you embrace them. Its nice that you still laugh and play with them, teenagers usually give that up.

Nice memoir

20iazzagm's picture
Submitted by 20iazzagm on Sat, 2015-04-25 17:55.

Hi dlloyd :

I think that based on your memoir, "BBoy, Not Robber" you are an interesting person because you aren't like many other people (this is a really good thing).

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I never use to go to school but I started going because I’m trying to change my life around." I think this is surprising because most kids don't ever want to go to school, and if they had the chance to not go at all, they would take it quickly. But you going to school to turn your life around is a great thing that not many people would be willing to do.

Another sentence that I thought was interesting was: "School is contemptuous and imperceptible because you never know was going to happen or you just learn more." This stood out for me because it is true. School is unpredictable. You don't know what you will learn there every day.

When your post speaks about basketball, it reminds me of something that happened to me. One time, I decided to take a sport. I decided to join volleyball, since I had already played it before and liked it. I practiced, and felt like I had a natural talent for it.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this post about yourself is really interesting. I hope to see more of your writing.

Dear dlloyd :I am interested

20elhalabik's picture
Submitted by 20elhalabik on Mon, 2015-04-27 21:37.

Dear dlloyd :

I am interested in your post, "BBoy,not robber," because it it tells the truth about who you are. You are a person who could be seen as strange, being fifteen in seventh grade, but you are no different from any other child.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I never use to go to school but I started going because I’m trying to change my life around." I think this is inspiring because you saw an issue in your life and you tried to fix it. You were not happy with your life, so you went to school.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I would like to hear about how you feel after receiving a better education.