Black Ops 2 review

The annual release of Black Ops rolls around again, and to try and make things fresh we find ourselves battling terrorists in the near future, as well as the immediate past cold war era. We return to Alex Mason, the hero of the first Black Ops, and journey through the creation of the story's main enemy, Raul Menendez, the leader of Cordis Die, a acktivist organisation with sinister motives. We battle through Africa, Afghanistan, and Panama. Then, as David Mason, Alex's son, we battle in the near future through Burma, Pakistan and the Cayman Islands, Yemen and Haiti. Oh, and also on the huge USS Obama.

All in all I believe the BO2 campaign is a brand new genre of game mode itself because of the ability to change your weapon class, the incredible map size and the perspective of a future war by using real world facts. Along with a killer campaign BO2 is stocked with a multiplayer with all new kill streaks, weapons and weapon attachments. The multiplayer allows you to make your own weapon layout of the most high tech guns out there; set with grenades, tomahawks, C4, mines, and flash bangs.You can invite and play with your friends or play with others from around the world. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer fan myself but BO2 made me think again.

As in the first Black ops there is a zombies mode with all new maps weapon grenades Easter eggs and wunder weapons which are the most powerful guns in the game. Some things that have been added are a ability to upgrade your weapon multiple times, store your money and weapons in the game so you can use them the next time you play, and a bus that lets you travel around the map. The black ops 1 zombies plot is carried on to BO2 to show the earth in shamble after suffering a missile explosion that you sent from the moon. As a zombies fan I was very much satisfied with treyarch's work and can't wait till they release another.

In conclusion BO2 was a great game and I am very glad I was able to play it.

A videogame

Submitted by king_munky on Wed, 2013-01-23 01:21.

You're review was about a video game. It was a good review. I really enjoyed that part when you talked about all the cool guns. I enjoyed that wholeheartedly. Good review.

Yes I agree with you and I

18kimj's picture
Submitted by 18kimj on Sat, 2014-01-11 00:50.

Yes I agree with you and I strongly feel that this was a great review too. I also enjoyed this review wholeheartedly.

Johnathan, I enjoyed your

Submitted by AM25403 on Wed, 2013-01-23 10:45.

Johnathan, I enjoyed your review. I agree with you that BO2 has many new things and unlike modern warfare, doesn't repeat with the weapons and story. Along with the new weapons, black ops also includes zombies which never disappoints, so I agree with you that Black Ops 2 is a game worth buying.

Nice review!

Submitted by almray on Fri, 2013-02-22 12:28.

Dear Jonathan,
I am very pleased by your post, “Black Ops 2 view”, because while you was explaining about the the campaign you wrote the everything from the beginning started and the main characters in the game where there aswell. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "Also the zombies map is much bigger and the zombies are actual harder to kill" I think this is extremely hard to agree and disagree on because I have an xbox 360 and when i play with my friends i have noticed that the maps are way bigger than the others especially Tranzit and at first when you play its really hard because you got to get use to the map but once you get use to the map its really not too hard to survive to at least 20 or more rounds. Another sentence that I enjoyed was: "I think Terarchy really stepped up their game this year. All the weapons are balanced, the score streak system is more polished, the cheap perks have to be unlock later on in the game, and there is finally a mute entire lobby button." This stood out for me because I definitely agree with you that Terarchy did step their game up because when i played MW3 the gun you could get them in gold easily and the attachments were so easy to get but I think it was because of the double xp for the guns and your rank. I agree with you about the multiplayer. It's really the same as all the other Call Of Duty’s; when you play it’s the same purpose all over again and the only thing changed in the game is most of the gun’s but the perks kind of stay the same. Thanks for your review. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because the new DLC Revolution just came out and i want to hear what you got to say about the peacekeeper, the new zombie maps, and the new multiplayer maps.

Dear Jonnyb9988

18kimj's picture
Submitted by 18kimj on Sat, 2014-01-11 00:34.

I loved reading this post especially because I love the game Black Ops. There are some details to your post that I didn't even know about. And this is why I really loved your discussion post on youth voices. I really loved it when you said that Black ops is a brand new game and the game mode itself. This really stunned me and motivated me to play more Black Ops.

I am very impressed by your

jordanrk47's picture
Submitted by jordanrk47 on Thu, 2014-04-03 10:49.

I am very impressed by your post, "Black Ops 2 review," because I found it to be very detailed and it could also be a good precedent for beginners in the game.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "As in the first Black ops there is a zombies mode with all new maps weapon grenades Easter eggs and wunder weapons which are the most powerful guns in the game. " I think this is something that lets me know that you have finished the whole game and understand how it is and all of the details in it like the explanation of the new weapons and how they fixed them.
Another sentence that I noticed was: "I'm not a big fan of multiplayer fan myself but BO2 made me think again.." This stood out for me because I used to not like the multiplayer either because I always get mad at the other players that are incredibly better than me.
Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One day I was playing the game at my best performance ever. I was unstoppable with an amazing killstreak. That made think about how well the game was made and how amazing are all of the details of it. It’s not only the graphics but the real life details on it. When you focus it is easy to dominate the game.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I see that you really look into the game with some research and actual facts instead of opinions like other gamers that just say that they think in their prospective.

I am very impressed by your

jordanrk47's picture
Submitted by jordanrk47 on Thu, 2014-04-03 10:50.

Nice one

vlopez's picture
Submitted by vlopez on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:13.

I know this is old but still this review was nice.

Black ops 2 was one of my

Submitted by glaredo on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:16.

Black ops 2 was one of my favorite games and still alot of people play it

i like your review even

Submitted by marboleda on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:17.

i like your review even though its old.

Capital I.

ftorres's picture
Submitted by ftorres on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:31.

Capital I.

Add more a little more detail

Submitted by dpolo on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:24.

Add more a little more detail but good response don't forget about the Capital I

Good review but maybe do one

ftorres's picture
Submitted by ftorres on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:17.

Good review but maybe do one of Black Ops 3.

I agree ftorres he should do

Submitted by dpolo on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:20.

I agree ftorres he should do one of black ops 3.

I like how your expressing

Submitted by dpolo on Fri, 2016-06-03 09:21.

I like how your talking about black ops not much people do that.

BO2 and BO1

jalverdicante's picture
Submitted by jalverdicante on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:10.

Well I like the review and I have to agree i am not really fan of multiplayer but I am good at it. I like zombies more. For Bo2 My favorite map is Nuketown zombies and Orgins. But even tho Bo1 is old it was awesome. Also dont forget the ray gun is also powerful like wunder.

BO2 and BO1

jalverdicante's picture

BO2 and BO1

jalverdicante's picture
Submitted by jalverdicante on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:11.

BO2 and BO1

jalverdicante's picture

Good review

Submitted by deandre on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:18.

I really like how you mentioned how the Bo1 zombies lead up to the Bo2 zombies and i agree with you that it did and I liked that you were very detailed and you put your opinion about the game.