Cars of The Future

Kashif Spence

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been the plans that different manufactures have for cars of the future. I remember my cousin working on his car during the summer, but I never knew that much about cars of the future. I always focused on the present not the cars that would com out years from now. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again. I know that many people feel that you can't really pay attention to cars of the future, because they often change there designs for cars to something else so you really don't. From what I have heard, is that the designs you see are mostly the same just minor details are changed. For example, I heard that there was a new BMW that was coming out with a car that has adaptive skin. Now that's just what I've heard, it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about cars of the future is that it most likely come out within a decade. Now I've studied my share of history based on cars and it is very interesting. What do you believe? Personally, it's funny to me how cars have became such a important part of people lives today.

Cars was important to me because it is a commonly used of transportation, and a very unique machinery. Cars use engines which have combustion of fuel in the combustion chamber which then applies force to recreate mechanical energy.Which result in the car moving.

Being that I didn't have a lot of background information on cars , I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article: "BMW GINA Light Visionary Model: The BMW of the future?".This article provided a lot of information and opinions on cars of the future. Some people felt that cars of the future were in pre-production but it is not it is just a exercise in technology and design. It may come out but it based on the future.BMW says shouldn't be thought of as "just another concept car," but rather "a whole new approach to automotive design."This statement didn't really surprise me all that much, but it did make me feel surprised . BMW is trying to be a unique company that makes cars that eye turners, and very exotic. Basically they are trying to seperate themselves from other manufactures.

"BMW Concept ActiveE" there was this one statement that made me nod my head in agreement with the writer. It was: "BMW's next chapter in its EfficientDynamics program calls for a new all-electric vehicle to complement its current fleet of leased Mini E electric subcompacts".This is so true , because other manufactures such as toyota,honda, and nissan have made designs for a all electric cars. BMW should have had one in pre-production already to keep in competition with those other company's.

In one podcast, Car Tech Live there was this one statement that made me node my head in agreement with the writer. It was: "cars are constantly changing just when you think you have a updated car a next one comes out better than your one "This is so true, manufactures need to keep on coming with cars frequently. To have there buyers coming so just when you think you have the latest car out there a couple months later you are outdated.

All of this makes me think that technology, and everything that we are surrounded by keeps changing. Technology, man made things are always gonna be become more advance by time goes by.

Dear Kashif Spence I liked

AngeliqueEBCHS's picture
Submitted by AngeliqueEBCHS on Tue, 2010-02-02 11:41.

Dear Kashif Spence

I liked your essay, "cars of the future," because it had me thinking about something i barely even paid mine to "cars" and just like human beings they have a future its kind of appealing that concept.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "cars are constantly changing just when you think you have a updated car a next one comes out better than your one ." I think this is so true because I've seen people go all out to pimp there ride then before you no it a new model for your car is hitting the market

Another sentence that I liked was: "Technology, man made things are always gonna be become more advance by time goes by." This stood out for me because i feel everything enhances while time goes on

Your essay reminds me of a movie that i watched.The man in black because there was flying cars it had me thinking is cars really going to fly in the future.

Thanks for your work on this. I look forward to seeing what you create next, because your next peace may have my mind wondering once again wonder what else the future holds

Dear Kashif, I love cars,

CharlieTeachHayground's picture
Submitted by CharlieTeachHay... on Thu, 2010-02-04 10:12.

Dear Kashif,

I love cars, too. Your essay is really great to read because you take into account the engineering and the design.

I especially liked your phrase "eye-turners" and your use of "exotic". I feel like BMW always looked classy, like mercedes and jaguar.  However, it seems from your writing that they are trying to move into Alpha-Romeo territory.

I also enjoyed your enthusiam for the electric cars. We should have had them everywhere by now. In the early nineties Ford or Chyrstler came out with a functioning fully electric car. The Oil industries killed it though.

Clearly cars are a passion for you and I look forward to reading more from you.

Thanks,

Charlie

When I was reading your

ThomasD's picture
Submitted by ThomasD on Wed, 2010-03-10 11:12.

When I was reading your post I agreed with the fact that the cars of the future may not be the cars of the future.  My reasoning for this is that I have seen many concept cars come out at the Javits Center in Manhattan and I haven't seen one of them out on the street.  Concept cars can vary from 3 to 50 years in the future in production.  This means that these cars are what are to be expected in that time.  However there is new technology being made and many ideas being created that revolutionize the future of cars, even before the future becomes the present.  I think that we will just have to wait and see what inventions come out in the present, because the future of cars will always be undetermined.

I usually take photos of landscapes and city pictures even though I love cars.  You can come to view my pictures and posts here.

dats nice i want to get one

kevin123's picture
Submitted by kevin123 on Wed, 2010-04-28 12:34.

dats nice i want to get one when i get older

Cars of the future

Submitted by svincent13 on Thu, 2012-02-09 10:58.

I am happy to see an article about cars in the future. I agree with everything you said because it is very true that car manufacturers are in constant competition and are racing to come up with the next best and top selling car. Like the BMW "I" series o full electric sport cars. BMW has constantly been putting out very high end luxery cars, that aren't slow either. Like the f10 m5 twin turbo v8, that still gets decent gas milage. I'm very excited to see where we are headed in this economically based performance industry.

I Like Cars

Submitted by ramaar on Mon, 2013-04-22 11:48.

Dear Kashif Spence,
I am interested in your post "Cars of the Future," because it had me thinking about something the relationship between humans and cars. There aren’t many except that they will become better in time. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "cars are constantly changing just when you think you have a updated car a next one comes out better than your one ." I think this is true because I've seen people spend a lot of money to `customize their cars and then before you know it a new model for that car is hitting the market. Another sentence that I enjoyed was: "Technology, man made things are always going to be become more advance by time goes by." This stood out for me because i feel everything enhances while time goes on. Cars are just one example of this topic. Cars are becoming more efficient regarding fuel and may even become solar powered in the years to come.Your essay reminds me of a movie that I watched.The Men in Black movie simply because there were flying cars. It had me wondering if cars are really going to fly in the future.Thanks for your work on this. I look forward to seeing what you create next, because your next post may have my mind wondering once again wonder what else the future holds