Change America Needs

by: 14zamana
Favorite authors

"...greatness is never given. It must be earned. Our Journey has never been one of shortcuts or setting for less. It has not been the path for the fainthearted." -President Barack Obama.

I think that what Obama was saying here was that to achieve what you want is never easy to get. It also, says that the road you take to get to that spot you want to be in is hard and not for those who aren't will or can handle it. It seems like he was describing the path he took in order to become president, and the path America will have to take under his command to reclaim it's glory.
    This quote from his speech reminds me of the poem The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. In the poem it stated '"I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."That line sums up the idea Barack Obama presented. That by taking the hard way and putting effort it earn America's respect back. Earlier in his speech he had said "-a nagging fear that America's decline is inevitable, and that the next generation must lower its sights." then in the next paragraph he say that "they will be met, his exact words.