Chasing Ice Review

by: ostart

External video: 

See video

A recent documentary premiered at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, Chasing Ice, informs us on the issue of global warming. James Balog is the leading photographer on the project that is documented. His passion for photography lead him to the shocking reality that glaciers are disappearing extremely fast. This major problem isn't going unnoticed though thanks to the EIS (Extreme Ice Survey) Balog has started. This project has allowed him to place cameras in Iceland, Greenland, Alaska, and Montana. The EIS team has engineered a camera system that allows pictures to be taken over long periods of time in harsh weather conditions. Unfortunately the cameras are capturing the scary reality of glaciers melting faster, sending mass amounts of water into our oceans, affecting weather patterns on out planet. The documentary followed James Balog and team on their expeditions. There was trial and error but never defeat. The drive to inform others on glaciers melting created a documentary filled with enthusiasm and passion about chasing the ice.

I felt this movie reassured any ideas of global warming happening. My knowledge on the subject has strengthened due to seeing this film. There is proof shown through the photographs taken that are available to any skeptics out there. I encourage anyone to see this film of look up the EIS project for more information. This link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-hvbvPMyjgis a short clip about the movie.