Cheaters Sometimes Prosper

by: kruss

The way you go through school now is different from what it was when they started school. Then it was learn for your future and now it's more of an absolute fear of failure. Personally, I if I even get a C I basically have a mental breakdown. Now instead of learning and focusing on bettering our minds it has become this mind trap in doing absolutely whatever you can to not fail your classes. I personally envy those that couldn't care less about their grades. That's a poisonous thought right there. For the purpose of this will you, I have interviewed 5 students anonymously about what they felt when they cheated or if they have at all. Their answers are as follows.

Student 1: “Of course I've cheated before is that even a question. There are so many tests that I have had to take where either I didn't study or the teacher didn't prepare us. I didn't feel anything when I did it, I mean I needed to pass the class. ‘Would I do it again?’ Is that even a serious question? Of course I would. If I need to pass I need to pass.”

Student 2: “You bet your a** I have. It's school, who doesn't cheat once in awhile. Whether it's copying homework or a full blown test. I probably wouldn't have the grades I have right now if it wasn't for copying homework. I have great respect for those who do their ho,work and let me copy it. True team players. The first time I cheated I might have felt a little guilty but you get over it once you get the A. Yes I would do it again. In fact I might have something right now I have to copy…”

Student 3: “And you're positive no one will know who I am? Ok, well yeah but it was only like once or twice. It's just I was really tired one night but I had a test the next day and I needed the sleep but I also needed to study but I fell asleep and then next thing I know it's time for the test and I'm freaking out because I had no idea what the answer to the first question was, like literally no inkling whatsoever and then I saw this person next to me just going at it so I was just copying and then I realized what I was doing but it was too late to stop plus I needed to pass the test. Well I feel kind of bad but I got like a B on the test so I don't feel really bad. But still feel kind of bad. Then again no one got hurt so is it really that bad? Doing it again would totally depend on my circumstances.”

Student 4: “I actually haven’t I don't think. In fact I'm usually the one people cheat off of if anything. It's kind of funny actually always being asked for the answers. Although people will get mad if for once you don't know the answer. They think you're some sort of robot. It gets a little annoying. But no I don't need to cheat so I don't.”

Student 5: “I don't care that much to be honest. But I know why people do it. No one wants an F. I mainly just listen to my music so I don't have to listen to anyone.”

I generally liked doing this will you because it made you think about how school has changed. I'm going to be honest I have cheated before just because I was afraid of failing my mother and myself. When you know your own potential it's especially harder to fail a test or get a low grade. This is why we cheat.

" if I even get a C I

Submitted by gsaturno on Mon, 2015-11-16 17:05.

" if I even get a C I basically have a mental breakdown. Now instead of learning and focusing on bettering our minds it has become this mind trap in doing absolutely whatever you can to not fail your classes." I had that type of mindset before in my sophomore year. I ended up cheating on a quiz to get my grade up to at least a B- . It is a bad feeling knowing that you're failing your class and the only thing you can do is cheat.

Cheating, people shouldn't

Submitted by Bigbird on Thu, 2015-11-19 08:48.

Cheating, people shouldn't cheat because the person might have the wrong answer and you don't have to cheat if you study get prepared for the test

U should never cheat on year

Submitted by AnonymouS cheater on Thu, 2015-11-19 08:51.

U should never cheat on year test

I cheat to

Submitted by BugsBunny on Thu, 2015-11-19 08:51.

Oh if i want a good grade i sometimes ask the answer and look at somones paper but really i have 2 Bs and the rest are As so i dont need to cheat

To not cheat

Submitted by EdNoss on Thu, 2015-11-19 08:53.

Cheating like a mistake because u don't learn a lot only a little but they feel like there gonna get in trouble of getting a F on a test but cheating is what gets u in more trouble but you know there a lot of people that does and get problems and u can get lucky getting a good grade on a test  and a lot of people can get F just by cheating and a lot of people don't ever want to get an F why so they don't get bad grades want their mom to get proud of them 1 way to get good grades is by studying and learning and working hard so u get the best grades on earth so u can get your family proud of you and u will feel about your self but do no ever cheat ok never cheat in your tests because u learn a little...Life lessons u can get  a lot of problems on ur school work and tests

I dont need to cheat to Get a

Submitted by BugsBunny on Thu, 2015-11-19 08:53.

I dont need to cheat to Get a good grade i have 2 Bs and the rest are As so i dont need to cheat but maybe once or Twice i should cheat

Stikers

Submitted by Evelyn on Thu, 2015-11-19 08:55.

Ok hi may name is Evelyn and I'm 11 years old

Hello Kruss, this was very

Submitted by Nour2016 on Tue, 2015-11-24 11:39.

Hello Kruss, this was very interesting to read and I enjoyed reading the students reply to your question. It's very normal for people to cheat now a days and that is portrayed very well in your post. "Then it was learn for your future and now it's more of an absolute fear of failure." Students used to want to learn more, but now it's all about passing the class by any way possible, and after you pass the class, you forget everything.

Hello Kruss, this was very

Hello Kruss, this was very

honestly me being a student i

Submitted by aywilliams on Wed, 2015-12-16 00:43.

honestly me being a student i totally agree and understand where most students come from with cheating. we grew up in a generation where everything was practically given to us, so if its there were gonna take it. we have been taught so many negatives on failure, that by any means we do whatever it takes to not fail. BUT what about the positive effects from Failure the things it could help you with. we need to be knocked down to see if we have the fught to get back up again, but how will we ever know if we avoid being knocked down so much?

Kennedy I absolutely love

Submitted by daikens on Wed, 2016-01-06 17:00.

Kennedy I absolutely love this writing piece! It is amazing like all of your work.
I agree with you 110 percent that school has become less of a mind stimulating system, to a system of unfair competition, and also all about numbers, I myself have copied work before but I found myself being reluctant to that because I need to understand what it is that I am putting on my paper.

Even though they tell you

Submitted by aywilliams on Mon, 2016-01-11 13:11.

Even though they tell you cheaters never prosper i disagree , because i havent experienced one time where cheater havent won.

I have cheated on assignments

Submitted by lmiller on Tue, 2016-01-12 19:35.

I have cheated on assignments during my time in school. Especially now that I'm in high school. I have learned that even though you feel like you have to cheat to get the right answer, it isn't good. After you copy work, that doesn't mean you actually know the criteria.

Great work, as always. I

Submitted by yselvin on Wed, 2016-01-13 01:31.

Great work, as always. I agree that school is no longer stimulating to the student mind. Furthermore, school no longer engages students causing to students not to actually learn and complete their own work so they take the easy way out by copying. I think cheating is wrong in school and life in general but I'm very guilty of cheating or copying at times when at school. You've definitely made me want to think twice before cheating in school again.