Cheating Will You#5

by: yselvin

I was always taught to never cheat because it isn’t the right thing to do. Cheating doesn’t do any good but it is so very easy to do. Every student has either cheated or they have thought about cheating. For this assignment interviewed five students that I attend school with.

The first student I interviewed was my friend Kyla who is a sophomore. She says she knows cheating is wrong but she does it anyway because she wants to get a good grade. “Well why can’t you get a good grade by doing the work on your own?” I asked her. She began telling me how she doesn’t understand the work h and how it's very hard to do because her teacher won’t help her. I asked her if she understood the work would she still copy and she told me yes. She says that cheating/copying is the easy way out for students. I feel like this is the mindset for most students.

The second student is also a sophomore, her name is Rachel. She says that cheating/copying is wrong but she does it to get the work done. She explained to me that the classes she copies and cheats in are the classes she’s not that interested in. I think that students including myself develop these bad habits because we aren’t as engaged in school as we used to be.

Student three wanted to remain anonymous but they’re a senior. Before interviewing I asked why they wanted to remain anonymous on a topic that is not so personal. They told me that they wanted to remain anonymous because they were embarrassed of what they were going to say. This student says they believe in cheating/copying 100%. They said that as long as they're getting their work done then it doesn't matter. They also told me that they feel guilty because that’s how they made it this far into high school. I didn’t want them to think I was judging them so I told them that I really appreciated their honesty and also how great it was that they were able to self reflect.

Most students hold on to this habit which is not good. I feel once you get out of these habits you’ll be able to get more done because you aren’t constantly relying on someone else's work. Student four, who remained anonymous,was the one who gave this interview a different view. They do not believe in cheating or copying and that they feel it’s very wrong. They told me that they’ve never cheated before in their life. They were raised to do things on their own and be an honest person so they applied these life lessons to school as well.

Although, I couldn’t find a fifth student to interview but these four students really helped show how students feel about cheating. The majority support it because it’s easier but at the end of the day I feel that students should realize that we need to get actually be engaged and interested in school again.

Great writing piece Yasmine,

Submitted by daikens on Mon, 2016-02-22 19:58.

Great writing piece Yasmine, I am extremely proud of you, and I look forward to seeing your continued growth and development. I do not believe in cheating at all. I also believe that in order for a relationship to work that it takes a collective effort. If someone is lacking something in the relationship then that needs to be a conversation amongst the couple. By all means, cheating is unnacceptable.

Most students hold on to this

Submitted by cniegos on Sat, 2016-02-27 00:54.

Most students hold on to this habit which is not good, this sentence stand out for me the most. I can relate to it, we have different habits when it comes to learning. And I know that cheating is not right and unacceptable to do. good job on your piece.

Most students hold on to this

Submitted by cniegos on Sat, 2016-02-27 00:55.

Dear yselvin : I am your ,

Submitted by 21enge on Mon, 2016-02-29 10:06.

Dear yselvin :

I am your
, "," because...

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "" I think this is because...

Another sentence that I
was: "." This stood out for me because...

Your
reminds me of something that happened to me. One time...

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because...