Choosing the Right Path

by: 16linj

I created the Scratch animation “choosing the right path” as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a scene or short film that has a life lesson to it. The life lesson could be something that is daily or a rare occasion. By the end of the story, the audience must realize something and learn from it. The story helps the audience make right decisions and tells you the perks of it.

My story is about a guy who has two decisions to make. He can either use drugs to release his stress and just live in the moment or he could go to work daily and save up money for his future. Whichever decision he chooses will have an alter to it. He can decide to start using drugs, continue using them, stop using drugs, or continue to work. There are a total of eight doors and these eight doors will be the choices to either use drugs or go to work and think about your future.

My story was inspired by my dad because he always explains to me how not to use drugs or smoke. There are many consequences to using drugs and that it will only hurt my body and mind. Also many kids now a days, can not stay on the right path of life and mess up because they are easily influenced.

I think I was successful in creating my story because I allowed two people to try it and they both agreed that i meet the requirements. The project required many broadcasts and when clicked because I needed to change scenes and allow the audience to select the path that they want to take.

Feedback

16rahmana's picture
Submitted by 16rahmana on Thu, 2012-01-05 17:50.

Jeffrey, your animation was really great. What I liked about the animation is that you gave many options for the viewers to choose. And what I also liked about the animation is that it has a significant ethical decision and it is appropriate. In your animation, there were no aspects of it that were confusing. I understood your animation. I realized either two things can happen. You can work hard but if you choose the wrong path once, you can face the wrong consequence. But if you had always chosen the bad consequence, it would have resulted as also a bad consequence. So it’s always good to stay on the safe side. So overall, I think this is a great ethical story. By the way, I like your ending.

I think your animation was

Submitted by 16moyv on Thu, 2012-01-05 22:36.

I think your animation was really good. The amount of choices you gave the viewer was very original. A lot of people just had two decisions. I also agree with Akib when he said your story had a significant ethical decision and it was appropriate. The choices were clear and easy to choose. The wrong choices were not that tempting.