The City Of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau

by: 17tranl
The City Of Ember

In The City Of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau, I found the following quote interesting:"First we get our education. Then we serve our city." In the old City of Ember, the lights flicker on and off every now and then. Everything in the city was in need of repair. There is a fear from the citizens that once the lights go out, it won't turn back on. In the text, it is Assignment Day and the graduating students are assigned jobs in the year 241. Jobs are chosen randomly by the students as it is their duty to serve for the city. Lina Mayfleet wants the job as a messenger being that she loves to run and running around delivering messages to other people would be ideal. However, she draws the job of pipework laborer. Doon, who has chosen messenger agrees to trade with Lina.

Having an education is an important for being successful in life. Having an education would jump start you life and change it in all ways. With a good education, you would be able to find a job. With a job comes money that you would be able to use for important necessities in your life such as food and shelter. If you don't have an education, many things may seem hard to accomplish. It would be hard to find a job. If you don't have a job, you wouldn't get any money to use at your expense. Education takes hard work. You can't just be lazy and get through the year.