Cleveland

by: 16silval

I created the Scratch animation Cleveland as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story which teaches a moral by showing what bad can come out of not choosing the ethical decision or what good can come out of it if you choose the ethical decision.

My story is about a boy named George who helps an old lady bring her bags from the supermarket to her house. Then can choose whether or not to help the old lady by doing or not doing chores around her home. When he doesn’t do a chore or decides to leave he goes to his friend to play ball and turns out the ball has a scratch, thus you can not play. But if you complete all the chores then the old lady gives you a new ball.

My story was inspired by community service because some times you have to help the elderly.

I think I was successful in creating my story because the story lasted 3 minutes and had two different endings. But I think I should have made my second ending longer and expanded from that scene. I don’t think that was sufficient time to have for the second ending. I did have about 3-4 decisions and is appropriate for kids up to 13 years old.

Peer Review

Submitted by 16kennedyb on Wed, 2012-01-04 15:02.

It was hard to follow you story, the questions being asked had a few glitches. It makes me answer the question twice before the next command comes. Other than that the idea of the story was very good! I think that the story was inspired by a very creative source. Good Job!

GOOD JOB

16krevoyb's picture
Submitted by 16krevoyb on Wed, 2012-01-04 15:07.

I liked how you made more than one ethical decisions.

I noticed that if you say no to the first option it ends very quickly and I am pretty sure it is not three minutes long.

The ethical dilemma in your story other than the slight error is very good. I taught the lesson of helping others in a fun and entertaining way. It is very good.

Nice Story

16abdelrahmanm's picture
Submitted by 16abdelrahmanm on Wed, 2012-01-04 17:35.

I liked how your story included more than 1 ethical decision, but they were different.
I noticed that there are a few glitches and it functioned weird and that is a little short.
The ethical dilemma in your story other than the glitches was good and interesting.. It is very good.

Ethical Story Response

17ordonezk's picture
Submitted by 17ordonezk on Thu, 2012-04-26 10:18.

Something I like about the animation is that you can choose the help the lady or not. The ethical dilemma in this story was fairly presented and it was too easily resolved. Something I didn't like about your project was that when I tried to enter no nothing happened so the only choice was yes. I think you should work on that but otherwise your project was very good and funny!

This was a good animation.

Submitted by 17liangs on Thu, 2012-04-26 13:39.

This was a good animation. The story is very logical and can happen to anyone. The special part of this animation is that you don't just simply pick a choice you get to type an answer to give.
The ethical story was really nice too. As I said it can happen to anyone. Also it isn't exactly easy to choose because you might think that the old lady that you were helping out might be a bad person. Also you might get annoyed after a while when she keeps telling what to do. So overall it was a nice animation.

Good job! I really liked your

Submitted by 17jalozas on Thu, 2012-04-26 13:50.

Good job! I really liked your story since it is something that can happen to an everyday person. I noticed that there were some glitches at the beginning when trying to enter the answer, because it made me enter it at least twice before going through. Other than that, I really enjoyed your story. Your dilemma was very good. It showed the consequences of doing the wrong, and also the reward of doing whats right.

ethical dilemma

17kimjm's picture
Submitted by 17kimjm on Thu, 2012-04-26 13:52.

i like the plot, where the mowing lawn thingy. I thing the ethical dilemma is how either you help the old lady or play basketball with your friend.

The animation worked out, but

Submitted by 17wangh on Tue, 2012-05-01 09:06.

The animation worked out, but it was random. In addition, you need to type in everything twice in order for the command to work.

One thing I like about your

17abdelrazeks's picture
Submitted by 17abdelrazeks on Wed, 2012-05-02 18:30.

One thing I like about your animation is that you have to type out your answer. It makes you feel like you're the character, and not just some other person deciding his choice. I think the choices to solve the ethical dilemma were somewhat balanced. I wanted to help the old woman, but I couldn't shake the feeling that she was going to harm me. I mean, she's a complete stranger.