Climate Change

by: ColeHM

A question that I would like to inquire about is : “How can we cut down of global emissions”. This will be an interesting topic for me because I am concerned about our planet and the environment for future humans. It is problematic because I consider it to be the biggest problem in the world currently. I can add a perspective of a Human who will have to live with the effects of climate change that were made by previous generations. Sources that I will look for will be from reputable scientific sources. I will mainly focus on the cleanest way to produce electricity. My thoughts are that dirty power generation is the main cause of climate change. My guess is that cars are not the biggest factor in climate change. I will show how different types of power production can cut down on climate change.

Cole, I think it is good that

Mari16's picture
Submitted by Mari16 on Fri, 2015-12-04 13:03.

Cole,
I think it is good that you are researching global warming. It is something that affects everyone with no exceptions. Humans are the main cause of global warming, so it is our jobs to fix what we have done. You make a good point that cars are probably not the biggest factor in climate change. Keep up the good work!

Cole I agree with you, our

Submitted by HeilmannChase on Sat, 2015-12-12 21:00.

Cole I agree with you, our generation will most likely see great effects of global warming, and our future generations will only experience larger effects if we don't try to do anything. It is only fair for our future generations as well as ourselves to look into the main causes for global warming and climate change. Rising sea levels isn't the only consequence of global warming, crops will no longer be able to grow, and wind patterns will change causing droughts or floods in certain places. The leading cause of global warming is CO2 gas, produced by natural processes and mechanical processes. The best way would be to find an alternative to burning fossil fuels, such as more efficient solar power or mechanical energy. There is also the natural process of producing CO2, respiration. Cows are responsible for an extra 2.8 billion metric tons of CO2 every year. We should have less of a dependence of farm animals for food to lower our CO2 emissions.

Climate Change

Submitted by Amy_Cremer on Mon, 2015-12-14 15:03.

I absolutely agree with you, Cole. Excessive global emission is a huge problem and it should not be left for the next generations to deal with: Global Warming must be dealt with now. We have been lucky enough to not have to go through a major war, as the past few generations have, but we have lost a sense of responsibility to our country and protection of our resources because we have not experienced war. You make a great point and more people need to address this world wide issue.