Coming of Age and Angst Teenager Archetype

by: Katie J.

Kylie Jenner appears on the popular reality tv show, Keeping Up With The Kardashians. She is also a beauty icon with her big lips and makeup, specifically with her lip kit. The type of archetype that defines her the best is “coming of age” because everyone has been fixated on Kylie ever since she was little, and even more so now that she is an adult. “I’m 16 and still wanna be a kid sometimes” Kylie once commented on her growing up. Kylie also has everything along with her fame and fortune so she can be seen as someone who is way above the average person. She inspires millions of young girls who look up to her and will keep doing so as she gets older. She also has the archetype of “angst teenager” since she still is a teenager and as always, has a lot of drama with her family most of the time. Some quotes that demonstrate this angst are:
“I will hit you in the throat”
“That is absolutely repulsive”

Kylie

Submitted by aneliesebaker on Tue, 2016-06-07 05:52.

It's funny how when she was little, she was considered the "brat" of the family, and now those stereotypes are echoed into near-adulthood. The characteristics of a disobedient child carry into that of a rebellious teen. There's no denying that Kylie has some sort of influence on pop culture.

I don't know if she should be

Submitted by eaglej19 on Tue, 2016-06-07 17:20.

I don't know if she should be considered a "coming of age" archetype if she says things like that and freely admits that she wants to be a kid. At least in my definition, coming of age means accepting your responsibilities and your place in society, and based on the information you provide here I can't come to that conclusion

I don't know if she should be

I don't know if she should be considered a "coming of age" archetype if she says things like that and freely admits that she wants to be a kid. At least in my definition, coming of age means accepting your responsibilities and your place in society, and based on the information you provide here I can't come to that conclusion.

I don't know if she should be