Crisis now, better future later

"Our economy is badly weakend, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for new age. " -Obama, January 20 ,2009

I thought that this was important because it shows Obama acknowleged that we are having a big economic crisis. This also tells us that Obama is not only going to help the big companies and rich people, but also the people who are poor. this also shows that we are going to have a better future and be more succesful and we are going to have better jobs.

Laura, baccaleureate school

*******************************

\

Greedy People

Submitted by mbrownstone on Sat, 2009-01-24 07:01.

When Obama claims that one reason we are in economic crisi s is "greed," He was referring to greedy businessmen and women on Wall Street. But, I wonder how students your age see greed as a problem in your lives. What is greed? Do you know anyone who is greedy? How does greed impact the lives of schoolchildren?

Madeline Brownstone BSGE Teacher

I think that when Obama said

Submitted by eguaman on Sun, 2009-01-25 12:29.

I think that when Obama said greedy people he meant the people that were only in the office to benefit themselves and not to work for the people.  The economy went down because of loss of responsibility and because of greedy people like you said. Of course I think that everyone is greedy in their own way, although some people show it much more than other, but those who do not show it as much are people that know where the limit is.  The people who are greedy and they show it, and harm other doing it, well those are people who we call GREEDY PEOPLE.  I think that after having this country in the hand of irresponsible and greedy people that it's time for a change.  The new era will bring new typed of people, new types of challenges, and new types of solutions.  I think that we have chosen the perfect man for the job to lead us through these times of work, and reconstruction.

Thanks for sharing this quote and hope to see some more.