Cyber Bully

I created the Scratch animation Cyber Bully as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that teaches an important lesson which most of the time is a life lesson. Ethical stories have decisions that teach reader right or wrong decisions that can be useful sometimes.

My story is about a girl who’s friends talk behind her back and she knows it. The talking behind her back has gotten to a point at which she is considering her options. Her friends that don’t talk behind try to make her feel a lot more comfortable than she really is and talk to her. One of her friends eventually confronts her and tells her to always remember she has someone to talk to no matter what.

My story was inspired by the movie “Cyber bu//y”. Bullying is a major problem and the cause of many teen age suicides so I thought it would be important to teach people a lesson of always speaking up to avoid major problems.

I think I was unsuccessful in creating my story because my story was a little less than three minutes. My scripts also messed up at one point and for one character slowed down while for the other one sped up. I was unsuccessful at getting these scripts to match up the timing with the character’s lines and the players answer.