Dead Cat

by: IFofana

One day I saw a dead cat in the street next to my house. I thought the cat was sleeping, it was dead and I saw flies going all over it. The cat’s forehead was all bloody because it was fighting another cat and the other cat killed him, then a car ran over it.

I went close to the cat while I was eating my chicken and broccoli slice of pizza. All I saw was blood all over the cat's body, and the eye of the cat was popped out. It was very scary and sad at the same time because kids were walking past the cat thinking it was sleeping in the street. When they saw all the blood, they got so scared.

When I was eating my pizza I couldn't stop thinking about that dead cat. I put my pizza back in my “Thank You” bag and went and got my friend at his house.

He asked me, “Did you see the dead cat outside?”

I said, “Yes, that was nasty. First I thought the cat was sleeping, but it was dead.”

My friend said, “Me too.”

Finally I went home and gave my mom the rest of my pizza because I couldn't eat It because of the thought of the cat. Also, I couldn't throw my pizza away because it was going to be a waste of money.

I went to my couch to take a little nap because I had just came out from playing the state cup in Long Island.

What I learned is sometimes animals look like they're sleeping but they might be dead!

reponse

20wongb's picture
Submitted by 20wongb on Thu, 2015-04-23 12:51.

I like your story "dead cat" because it was very descriptive. You describe the cat so well that i can't even imagine the cat on the road. i can also feel your shock from your story when you saw the cat. You also showed a lot of emotion in your story. Your last sentence really stand out. i think this because that sentence basically summed up your whole post and was meaningful. Overall, your story was good, but i disagreed with some stuff.

In your story you mention that you saw a cat kill that cat and you then saw a car run the cat over. wouldn't you know that he is already dead. i understand that you probably thought that he was sleeping, but why would a cat sleep on the road. your confusion is understandable, but if a car ran over the cat, then it would be flat and fur would have a lot of blood that would be clearly seeable. as i repeat you story was great and i encourage you to make more posts like this.

Dear IFofina I like how you

20zhangrr's picture
Submitted by 20zhangrr on Thu, 2015-04-23 13:06.

Dear IFofina

I like how you focused on the slice of pizza so much; it's like a significant symbol of the story that represents how sad and upset you are over seeing the dead cat. You describe the pizza and when you saw the dead cat in the street, you gave it to your mom because you were so disgusted by seeing the dead animal that you couldn't eat anything. It is interesting how you say that it is a brocoli and chicken slice. Also, I find it unique that you say you couldn't throw out your pizza because it would be a waste of money.

One thing you can improve on, though, in your discussion, is coming up with a better moral. It isn't very helpful to people in life to know about how animals may be dead when they seem like they're sleeping; it wouldn't help people improve in real life or provide and guide through anything.

Response

Submitted by 20panj on Thu, 2015-04-23 19:56.

Dear Ismeal,

Your story showed and provoked many emotions. Animals, especially pets like cats, are often loved by humans. We would all be disturbed and even pained to see a cat dead on the street. Your description of the cat was able to really affect me. I also how like how you included the parts about the pizza. It symbolizes something in you, a change that occurred before and after you saw that cat. The fact that another cat killed this cat strangely reminded me of a war, where one always kills another...

Your story was descriptive and emotional, but if there was one thing I would recommend to improve, it would be what you learned. I don't feel like learning that "animals who look like they're sleeping might be dead" really counts as a moral, or even connects to the world at all. Hopefully we wouldn't even need to know that, as we don't hope to be finding dead animals everywhere! Overall, this story was great.

Thanks

IFofana's picture
Submitted by IFofana on Tue, 2015-06-23 10:09.

Thanks

Dear IFofana,

20alim's picture
Submitted by 20alim on Mon, 2015-04-27 21:17.

I am sad by your post, "Dead Cat," because it was very sad that you saw a dead animal. It was also sad it was bleeding and gory.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I couldn't eat It because of the thought of the cat." I think this is true because the thought of a dead cat could make me loose my appetite too.

Another sentence that I liked was: "All I saw was blood all over the cat's body" This stood out for me because it showed that the cat was completely dead. This was super sad.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time when my parents and I were in the car and my father was driving our Lexus SUV, then there was a cat and my dad almost hit it.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because they are super interesting.