Demonic Possession

by: guirol

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been why and how do people get possessed by demons? I remember my friend talking about it one time, but I didn’t get to learn as much about it because he really wasn’t sure of how it happens. He just went by with what he heard with others.. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again. I know that many people feel that this is scary. When this happens to someone’s child I know they are wondering how did this even happen to their kid in the first place. From what I have heard, people get possessed by demons because some tend to do spiritual things which lead the devil into possessing them. I have also heard that this happens sometimes when people play spiritual games that have to do with the paranormal world. Now that's just what I've heard, it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about this is that demons gain access into an individual’s life through what is known as a doorway. I believe that this “doorway” exists in all of us human beings. I also believe that these demonic possessions aren’t real but at the same time I tend to believe in these things. I do think that demons gain access to a person’s life by a doorway because I have seen many cases where a person gets possessed by some sort of demon. It’s weird to me how certain people just get possessed out of nowhere.

Being that I didn’t have a lot of background information as to why and how do people get possessed by demons, I chose to do some research about this topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article on the Bukisa website: http://www.bukisa.com/articles/54292_demonic-possession-how-do-people-ge.... This article provided a lot of information and opinions as to why and how do people get possessed by demons. According to this article, “Using drugs also increases susceptibility to demonic invasion in a person’s life. Because drugs disrupt the coherent state of the mind and will open up an individual to be controlled by Demonic spirits.” It also says that “Dabbling in the occult is by far the quickest way for demons to gain entrance in the lives of humans.” this statement didn’t really surprise me because it’s kind of easy to know that most of the occult activities are involved in having direct contact with demonic spirits. “Whether it’s dabbling with Tarot cards, Ouija board, Necromancy, Witchcraft, or any other means of consulting evil spirits, will certainly open up the doorway to demonic bondage.” Says this article. This statement did have me a little scared though because there was this one time where I did want to play the Ouija board to see if it’s actually real what people say. But I have seen certain cases in which a person plays the Ouija board and then all of a sudden demonic possession occurs.

The reason to why people get possessed by demons is because as said before in the other article people just tend to play with demonic games and then all of a sudden they get possessed by some sort of demon. In a story that I read: http://www.gospel-mysteries.net/demonic-possession.html it said that “Some attempted exorcisms have had tragic endings. In these cases victims were tied down, then repeatedly choked, squeezed, beaten, and starved, sometimes over a period of several days, and this eventually caused them to die.” I agree with this quote because it is very true. I have seen some movies where either the person that is possessed dies or the one who is performing an exorcism ends up dying. The thing that creeps me out the most is that it says “Although most cases of possession involve a single evil spirit, it's possible for a person to be taken over by several spirits simultaneously.” To me this is scary because just imagine being possessed by more than one demon. I don’t know about you guys but to me this is just scary.

In my opinion this makes me think that real reason as to why people end up getting possessed is because they play some sort of demonic game. But then again that’s just my opinion and the way I see things. What do you guys think?

Response to: Demonic Possession

Submitted by baetir on Sun, 2012-03-25 16:29.

Dear Rolando,

I was interested in your post, “Demonic Possession” because I always wondered similar things as you when it came to this topic. Also in some ways I agree with your thoughts and ideas expressed in this post.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I also believe that these demonic possessions aren’t real but at the same time I tend to believe in these things.” I chose this sentence because I’ve felt the same way and have doubted their existence, but based on the stories others have caused me to second guess. It’s an uncomfortable feeling because you don’t know if to look through logic or beyond the naked eye.

Another sentence that I liked from your post was: “Dabbling in the occult is by far the quickest way for demons to gain entrance in the lives of humans.” I chose this sentence as well because I strongly agree with you on this. It’s as if the individual is looking for trouble on their own or in a way experimenting with their life.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I had a friend that was desperate to play the ouija board. I told her it was risky even though we both doubted it’s potential. Based on the stories I’ve heard I chickened out, but he played it. Looking back I don’t regret chickening out, but I never heard of him since that day.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like your ideas on things and your opinions and relation to the topic. Also because I’m curious to see what else you write. I would like to see your views on other certain topics of your interests from your point of view.

Dear Rolando : i liked your

lizyer's picture
Submitted by lizyer on Sun, 2012-03-25 22:56.

Dear Rolando :

i liked your post, “ demonic possession,” because i also was really interested in why this happens to people i also have head of peoples stories and i think to myself why this happens. one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is : “ From what I have heard, people get possessed by demons because some tend to do spiritual things which lead the devil into possessing them.”i think this is true because of what i have heard many people that this happens too is because they make deals with the devil and that brings demons into the places as the consequence.

another sentence that i liked was : “I also believe that these demonic possessions aren’t real but at the same time I tend to believe in these things.” this stood out for me because you're just like me with this i believe but at the same time i don't. i say this because it's true some people don't believe and it actually happens to them.

your post reminds me of something that happened to me. one time my aunt told me the story of when she was playing hide and seek in dr and it was night time. she was hiding in the closet by herself and she felt someone touching her she thought i was her cousin but it wasn't when she looked back she saw a large figure of a man behind her she ran out of there and tried to find the others.

thanks for your writing. i look forward to seeing what you write next, because this post really interested me and you really opened my mind to research more.

Response to you

karinas's picture
Submitted by karinas on Mon, 2012-03-26 10:27.

Dear Guirol,

I am very aware that demonic possession might be true. According to your opinion I believe exactly what you're saying about the uses of drugs being involved because drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, crack and other sorts of drugs can cause open doors to the demons to take control. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me was when you said" This statement did have me a little scared though because there was this one time where I did want to play the Ouija board to see if it’s actually real what people say. But I have seen certain cases where a person plays the Ouija board and then suddenly demonic possession occurs." Well in that case one time I played the game and nothing seem to happened but I was playing this game with my cousin and she claimed she had interacted with a spirit, well should I say speaking to her through the board game. I kind of didn't believe her but she kept on telling me she's not playing around. So that kind of creep-ed me out because she was so serious about it. another thing that stood out to me was when you mentioned the quote "The thing that creeps me out the most is that it says “Although most cases of possession involve a single evil spirit, it's possible for a person to be taken over by several spirits simultaneously." Yea I totally agree with you about that because we don't really hear about several demons possessing one body just one so to think of more than 1 possessing a body is so scary and crazy to me. Its like different characters controlling your body, that's so much characters that can cause damage to someone.Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you have to right next because this topic is very interesting to me. i would like to study this topic to learn what really happens when someone gets possessed.

Paranormal

bondel's picture
Submitted by bondel on Mon, 2012-03-26 12:04.

Dear Rolando:

I enjoyed reading your post, "Demonic Possession", because it was very interesting and very out of the ordinary. I myself always wonder why these types of things happen. One sentence that stood out for me is: "I also believe that these demonic possessions aren’t real but at the same time I tend to believe in these things." I do get these same exact feelings. As times passed I finally agreed that these things are not real and are just in peoples heads. I say this because if it was real scientist would've probably already confirmed this in which they have not so far.

Another sentence that stood out for me is: "From what I have heard, people get possessed by demons because some tend to do spiritual things which lead the devil into possessing them." I think this sometimes is true but at times this is not the case. Sometimes demons possess humans to send out a central message to another person not just to harm their victim.

Thank you for your post. I look forward to reading another one of your post because these types of post are interesting to me and are very controversial.

It's real, but not what you expect

Submitted by Alison on Sat, 2012-10-20 10:58.

There are two ways that possession occurs, one by rape of innocence, one by force of will.  If you can imagine your own mind as a doorway, this would also explain why it's easier for Christians to suffer from demonic possession than atheists.  

Atheists will rename rape of innocence possession as post-traumatic stress with attendant paranoid schizophrenia and split personality syndrome, but they will not be able to provide an explanation for force-of-will possession where a person comes under the influence of spiritual forces willingly through the desire for either knowledge or power.

Unfortunately, rape of innocence possession is by far the most powerful, unless the mind possessed is unusually receptive.  In rape of innocence, the demon is literally injected through pedophilic rape and raised as a monster, growing up to propagate itself through repeat rapes.  Survivors of child sexual abuse who do not go on to do the same, are tormented by thoughts encouraging them to do this unless they find a spiritual practice or phychological outlet to put a stop to it.

Force of will possession is brought about by experimentation with the occult by any form of spiritualism, even Christian.  I just left a Pentecostal church where about 85% of the people were wonderful, but hidden amongst them, there were some of the most spine-tingling practitioners of witchcraft I have ever had the misfortune to meet.  They cast their eye on me immediately knowing one who could see and identify them, as I had been involved with the occult for a long time, and from that moment onward, it was war.

Force of will possession is different, because someone can willingly undergo possession and then walk out of it when they see what the demon is doing in their life, as long as they haven't "sealed the deal" by performing an injected propagation on a child.  Even a former occultist can simply become a scientific skeptic and shut the door as long as that door is labeled "psychobabble", "self-destructive" and "leads to mental illness".  Whatever that door is labeled with, it has to be good reasons not to open it again regardless of the temptations to power or knowledge are in it.  But even a longtime Satanist who has never performed an injected propagation can perform enough curses and acts of selfishness for the door to be wedged permanently open regardless of what he or she does.  

i think i was possessed

Submitted by Anonymous on Sat, 2014-08-09 20:33.

This is what happened to me 3.5 years ago. I just got out of prison, from serving my second 5 year sentence for burglaries i plead guilty to when i was 17. I am now 33. 29 When i got released. I think more people should be awAre that demon posession does happen. As a matter of fact a part of my demon is encouraging me to tell what happened. I came home to live with my father after being released. Imediatly when i walked in the door i felt a very strange feeling i never felt before. I didn't like it one bit and remember thinking about going back to my prison cell. This is not the time the demon entered my body. Or maybe it did. But i just didn't realize it. Anyway it wasn't until about a 1.5 years later when the demon took over my body. But none the less I knew something was going on in that house. Everyone who has spent the night their will say the same. On many occaions i felt the presents of something extremely scary. I don't get scarred to often but this was almost unbearable. I am a martial arts enthusiast and was in the middle of practicing an advanced form of shaulin shan quan. I was getting quite good. Worth mentioning. I am also a recovering alcoholic. Anyway, i could feel the heat of the summer so not having ac at the time forced me into the basement. After about the third day is when it happened. I worked third shift at the time so had to sleed in the day. I remember being awakened by the demon first. I was in a half sleep state but conscious of my surroundings. I could feel it trying to get in through my skin. I felt this before in an awakened state but was able to fight it off. Anyway, the demon took advantage of my vulerable state and entered my body. I remember my hands and belive my feet tensing up beyond my own physical strength capacities. It hurt extremely bad and started growling uncontrolably. It hurt but the overwhelming feeling of strength suprized me. Comparable to my first orgasms i suppose. It lasted a good few seconds at least and found it difficult to breath during this time. For several months after my possession i experienced uncontrollable growling and my hand would tense up. 3.5 Years later the demon is still inside me, and is getting better at consealing itself. I have learned to become friends with it because i have learned to use it to become fearless. He talks to me from time to time, trying to get me to do evil things but have learned the hard way that it will only get me in trouble. 3 days after my possession i ended up in jail for obstructing officer and 2 counts of disorderly conduct. I thank my higher power for giving me strength to help my manage my life despite what has happened to me. I am getting better. I won't let it controle my life!