Different People so unrelated

by: 20mehtar
Group Project
Individual Project
Group Project Plan - Part 1
Group Project Plan - Part 2
Group Project Plan - Part 3
Group Project Plan - Part 4
Group Project Plan - Color Key

Individual Project -

What my Game is About

Raj - My game is going to be a math game about the player trying to get a treasure chest guarded by zombies. The objective is to get to the treasure chest by killing away the zombies by answering math questions correctly. The obstacles in the game are going to be the zombies protecting the treasure chest. The chrome is going to be having to defeat zombies and therefore, having a great impact on the result of the story. In the game, you (the main character) are going to stay stationary in the game until you can get enough math questions right to beat the zombies and go ahead to the treasure chest. In the game there is going to three levels where the difficulty or in other words the amount of math problems needed to defeat each of the zombies is going to increase. So, in the first level, there is going to be two zombies that require the player to get two math problems right for each of them. Also, the math problems are going to be ones of algebra. In the second level, there is going to be two zombies again, but this time, they require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them. In the third and last level, there is going to be three zombies that also require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them.

My Game Design

Game Design - Raj
Part 1 - Game Mechanics Rules - In my game the only rules are really going to be the objectives of the game. So, in other words, the rules are going to be to try and get as many math problems correct so as to defeat the zombies and gain access to the treasure chest. Gameplay - The player plays the game by trying to get math problems right and achieving the objectives of each level of the game. User Interface - There are really no game controls except using the mouse and number keys to answer the math questions given to the player. Everything else like the moving of the player and the transitioning of the levels in the game are done by scratch or the computer itself.
Part 2 - Objectives Story - There is going to be a story for my game. It is going to be comprised of a town losing it’s most precious items to zombies, and the town depending on a certain boy (the player) to get back its valuables from the zombies. Characters - The boy, the town’s mayor, and the zombies. The boy is going be a regular ten-year old boy wearing a blue-striped shirt and black shorts with black shoes. He is going to have dark-beige skin with light brown hair and blue eyes. The town mayor is going to be a middle-aged man wearing all black clothes and black shoes. He is going to have white skin with blond hair and brown eyes. The zombies are of course going to be disgusting-wrinkling undead humans wearing a yellow shirt and blue pants along with brown shoes. They are going to have green-colored skin with no hair and red eyes. Levels - In my game there are going to be three levels, the third one being a little more difficult than the last two. In the first two levels, there are going to be two zombies that require the player to get two math problems right for each of them. Also, the math problems are going to be ones of algebra. In the third level and last level, there is going to be two zombies again, but this time, they require the player to get three math problems right to beat each of them.
Part 3 - Obstacles Bosses - There aren’t really bosses in the game, but instead, sort of zombies that act as normal obstacles that the player has to destroy by getting the math questions they get correct. Puzzles/Riddles - Players are going to solve math problems as part of the educational component of my game. By answering puzzles correctly, you can kill the zombies and attain the objective of each of the levels in the game. Leveling Up - There is going to be leveling up when the player manages to get enough math questions correct to kill all of the zombies and get to the treasure chest.
Part 4 - Chrome Graphics/Art - Yes there are going to be two different backgrounds. One of the backgrounds is going to just be a regular view of a house which represents the “battleground” for the player and the zombies. The other background is going to be representing the mayor’s office where the player meets as well as talks with the mayor along with, starts and ends the game. Sound/Music - No, there is going to be no music or sound playing in my game. Academic Content - In my game, the academic content is all about math because the player accomplishes the objective by getting the number of algebra questions right, needed to kill the zombies.

Process Of Creating My Game

Raj : Individual Developer’s Log #1 - May 21, 2015 - 1:30 - 1:55 - Tech Room - Our group members each worked on our own projects and we didn’t work together as a group for our group project. I made my sprites and backgrounds from my game on storyboard and didn’t at all work on my coding. I ended up finishing this work and for the next time I work on my individual project, I can start coding. In my work for today, I didn’t have any difficulties and everything went smoothly.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #2 - May 24, 2015 - 7:00 P.M. - 7:40 P.M. - Home - In today’s work session, I worked on my own project and I didn’t work with the rest of my group members on our group project. Today, I started coding my project by creating my introduction sequence where the character is first introduced to the game story and first learns about the problem. Also, I finished my title sequence and animated all of the letters for my title. In this work session, I had one small problem. One of my sprites wouldn’t appear when I first tried to code it because it was already hidden for some reason. Though, I fed the problem by using the wait and show blocks after the green flag was clicked. It helped properly transition my game well.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #3 - May 26, 2015 - 1:15 P.M. - 1:55 P.M. - Tech Room - In this work session we worked on our own projects and worked individually. Today, I made some sprites for my project and finished coding the whole beginning sequence for my game. The beginning sequence is all of the beginning part of my game that comes before my fighting scene. I didn’t have any problems today, either. Everything went smoothly and I was able to complete the coding and making sprites for my game.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #4 - May 27, 2015 - 5:50 P.M. - 6:40 P.M. - Home - In this work session, I worked on my own project and our group didn’t meet with each other and, so, therefore, we didn’t work on our group project. in this work session, I did a lot of the transitioning between each level and each part of my game. In other words, I worked on how the fighting scene in my game would work out. I also coded certain parts for my zombie sprites, for example, when they would appear and when they would hide, and how their health bars would be shown. While I was working, I had one problem today. It was not technical in any way, but moreover an event problem. In other words, I had a problem deciding what would happen to the player for getting a math problem in my game would be. To fix this problem, however, I decided to look at the list we made in class about what motivates people to learn, and so I decided to use a consequence as a motivation for the player to keep playing the game and learn more about math. In my game, though, to be more specific, I decided to create a variable called “Player’s Health” that would start at 20 at the beginning of each level and go down by five each time the player got a math question wrong. This would act as my consequence and solved my problem.
Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #5 - May 29, 2015 - 5:40 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. - Home - In this work session, I worked on my individual project and didn’t meet up with my group to work on our group project. In this work session, I kept coding my project and ended up creating more sprites, but this time they were letter sprites to label the different levels for my game. In my coding for today, most of what I did was code the letters so that they would appear at a certain coordinate when they received a certain message and also, made them hide for the rest of the game as well. For this work session, I only had one silly problem. When I was trying to see how my main player would look at a certain coordinate when he/she completes the level, I tried to move the sprite to that coordinate. Though, what I noticed was that nothing was happening. Despite this, it turned out that the sprite actually wasn’t shown in the stage and therefore was hidden. So, I had realized that I had not remembered to show the sprite when testing how it looked at a certain coordinate. So, of course, I fixed this problem by using the “show” block and making the sprite appear. Raj: Individual Developer’s Log #6 - May 30, 2015 - 9:30 A.M. - 12:30 A.M. - In this work session, I worked on my individual project and didn’t meet up with my group to work on our group project. In this work session, I finished coding my project, but I had to change my project a lot because there was a problem with it. So, now my project doesn’t have multiple levels, but instead only one level because of a problem I was having. This problem was that when the player went from the first level to the second, the fighting scene in the second scene was skipped and the game skipped directly to the level 3 title page and then went directly to the end scene. Therefore, as only one on my levels was working - my first one, I decided to fix the problem.

My Game -

Group Project - I worked with Sharupa, Abby, and Rachel

Sharupa - http://youthvoices.net/users/20azmals

Abby - http://youthvoices.net/users/20wua

Rachel - http://youthvoices.net/users/20zhangrr

What Abby, Rachel, and Sharupa's Games are About

Abby: My game is about spanish or, the player will enter the world of wonderland and will meet quests along the way and if they survive they may go back to earth! At least when they face the Queen of Hearts! The objective is to teach spanish to the player, if they don’t succeed then they will will be eaten by the jabberwocky and never see daylight on Earth, MWHAHA!(don’t ask) The game will focus on spanish dialogue between wonderland characters and the player, the Wonderlandian will ask favors and question, if the player can understand them they can move ahead if not then they have to keep staying there until they get it right! The boss maybe a little harder though, in which there is spanish quests!

Rachel R.: My game is about geography and history. The player types in his or her username and will have to answer a series a questions which enables them to go to a land in Europe where a war is taking place. To win the war, the player must be able to answer more questions and moves on to a different battle after they answer a certain number of question correctly. The objective is to win the last big, major battle which declares whoever wins the war. If you don’t succeed, you lose the war and get taken captive. The game will mainly be about locations and people in the past. If the player answers too many questions wrong, they will have to lose the battle and start over. Overall, there will be 4 battles, each with increasing difficulty in the questions.

Sharupa: My game is about science and the different branches. The player will be asked questions and be part of many of the objective is to complete all the missions to stop King Lasko’s evil plans to destroy Laskoville.. Some of them will be multiple choice. Others will be figuring out the answers. This will encourage people to try to get questions right. The increasing level of difficulty will be that you will get more questions your critical thinking ability. The objective of the game is to make players learn stuff relating to science. This is not going to be a multi player game. The chrome will be the story based on the game. The obstacles are really difficult questions that test your critical thinking skills and also you have to get past some real life obstacles that help you in life.

Abby, Rachel, and Sharupa's Game Designs-

Game Design - Abby
Part I - Game Mechanics A.Rules: There is really no specific rules towards the game, since it is in Spanish. So you technically fall down the rabbit hole and end up in wonderland. They will meet the characters who speak spanish, however you can get clues in English that is. But there is one important rule: no translator or outside help, although the creator, this I, may never know that, it means the player is a sore loser! B.Game Play/Engine: The mouse is the control in which the player will inevitably fall down the rabbit hole, and end up in Wonderland. They will interact with the characters who speak spanish with the exception of the Chesire Cat who will give the player some hints along the way. The rabbit will introduce the game in English! C. User Interface: The player is controlled through the use of the mouse, and the answers will be pretty short, nothing with much variation!
Part II- Objectives Story: The game is basically the spanish version of Wonderland, and it’s an adventure on its plus side. There is starting point and ending point so its starts from the Rabbit hole all the way to the Card Castle.(the King of hearts home) Along the way to the boss, the characters like the caterpillar, Cheshire Cat, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and etc, will challenge the player in spanish or simply give directions, you get on the right path that is if you understand it, MWHAHAHA! Characters: King of Hearts Caterpillar Princess of Hearts (Queen of Hearts Player (Alice or Alice's) White Rabbit Knave of Hearts Princess of Hearts Cheshire Cat Dormouse Flamemingo Cheshire cat, below) Tweedledum & Tweedledee March Hare Wonder Bird card soldiers White Queen Well of Wonder The Mad Hatter Jabberwocky Other Wonderful Creatures ( sisters of flora & fauna, etc.) (Alicetair & Alicia) Picture Credits: DeviantArt: More Collections Like EAH: Scarlet Feather by SnowFright www.deviantart.comAlistair Wonderland by FreshPlinfa-Ivy [PDF] DeviantArt: More Like [EVER AFTER HIGH] VECTOR 6# by obscurepairing www.deviantart.com Rebel Won - Alisia Daughter of Alice by StarsNeverStop Characters/adults - Ever After High Wiki everafterhigh.wikia.com Queen of Hearts The Official Rendering Request Topic - Signature and Avatar … www.marriland.comPart Rendered: I want the white background rendered out, so it's just Lizzie (the girl) [PDF] Group of: Disney | We Heart Itweheartit.com Most popular tags for this image include: alice in wonderland, wonderland, cats, Image - Briar and the Wishing Well - Thronecoming.png - Royal … royal-rebel-pedia.wikia.com File:Briar and the Wishing Well - Thronecoming.png Ever After High Hat Tastic Party Episode - Viewing Gallery galleryhip.comtoolbar creator C. Levels There are really no levels it’s just an adventure, when the player has gone through each character they can proceed. There is the boss though, the Queen of Hearts, so will be challenging you to a series of challenges which the may be levels.
Part III - Obstacles A. Bosses : The boss is that the Queen of Hearts will treat you to a series of challenges, which are designed like levels. If you past them you technically win which causes the Queen to be very very angry! B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will definitely be riddles since it’s in wonderland. The mad hatter will definitely be talking crazy! C. Leveling Up: Every time you complete an character dialogue or request you move on through wonderland all the way back home.
Part IV - Chrome A. Graphics/Art: The backgrounds are through wonderland, some may be drawn and some may be imported. The Characters will most likely be from other sources, or if not then drawn and perhaps customized. B. Sound/Music: There will be some music in between places because some place just don’t need music and some should have, like the mad hatter’s house! C. Academic Content: Spanish is incorporated into Wonderland, there will be an basic lesson before the game starts, then the player is guided by the Cheshire Cat in English. Not only will you learn spanish you can have a conversion and learn to use it on quests. Also the Mad Hatter can add in a little fun like a riddle in either spanish or english, which may not or may make sense!

Game Design- Rachel R.
Part 1- Game Mechanics Rules: In my geography/ history game, the only rule is to try to answer all questions correctly. That is the only rule. If you fail to answer one question correctly, you have to restart the level. Game Play/ Game Engine: The user must get past all the battles, but in order to do so, he/she/it must be able to answer all questions directed at them. A minimum of 4 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle. A maximum of 7 questions must be answered correctly to move on to the next battle. User Interface (What are the game controls?): The only game controls in my game are the letter/ number keys to type in your answer. Press the ENTER button to submit your answer to the game.
Part 2- Objectives Story: A war in Europe between Germany and Russia is occurring and it seems as if Germany is winning, even though Germany started the war and wanted to take over. The player is a general on the Russian side and there are four more battles in order to determine who wins the war. In the last battle, Germany sends a vast army supplied with countless weapons and this is the most important fight. Characters: The player, as a Russian general. The German general, who is leading the German army. Levels: Each different battle represents a different level, and the later the battle, the harder the level. In total, there will be 4 levels.
Part 3- Obstacles Bosses (?): In the last battle, there will be a last general, who is a controlling leader and extremely hard to beat. In order to beat him, there will be harder questions about locations in Europe. Puzzles/ Riddles: In my game, there will be no puzzles and riddles, as I can see no way how to fit this into it. Leveling Up: Every time you answer at least 4 questions right, you move on to a harder level.
Part 4- Chrome Graphics/Art- Most likely all the scenes, backgrounds, and sprites I use will be from Scratch. There will be some graphic effects, but I don’t plan on creating my own sprites unless absolutely necessary. Sounds/ Music- There will sounds of clashing swords and the occasional yells from the soldiers fighting while questions are being answered. There will also be encouraging music to push the player on. Academic Content- The player will learn about the locations of places and the events that took place years, decades, centuries, or even eons ago. The purpose of this is to store more information about humanities in the player’s mind.

Game Design - Sharupa
Part I - Game Mechanics A. Rules: You can’t use any knowledge from the internet or from any notes. This is a test of your own knowledge about science. Only for some questions you are allowed to use some information. Also you have to get all of the questions right in order to get onto harder missions. B.Game Play/Engine: You are going to get a missions to stop King Lasko who is doing evil in his kingdom. C. User Interface: The person playing the game is going to to have to have to use all of the keys on the keyboard. If not all at least some since there are a variety of questions that could be asked such as multiple choice and critical thinking questions.
Part II - Objectives A. Story: You are in the kingdom of King Lasko. His kingdom is called Laskoville. You are one of the smartest people and in secret you’re a secret agent but no one else knows that other than you. You live in a mansion and have everything you want. A ton of weird stuff is happening in King Lasko’s kingdom so you get missions to stop all the corrupt stuff happening to help the people. So you have to stop him doing evil by accomplishing all the missions successfully. B. Characters King Lasko who is the ruler of Laskoville. (corrupt) The player aka the amazing secret agent C. Levels: Each mission is like a game level. If you complete one mission you go onto the next one which is harder than the last mission. Each mission will start out easy and will become harder.
Part III - Obstacles A. Bosses(?) : The boss that you have to defeat is the evil King Lasko and he will be asking you questions. You will have to answer the questions he asks you and they will be all critical thinking questions related to science. He will sometimes come in disguises but you won’t be able to recognize him unless he conveys his thoughts. B. Puzzles/ Riddles: There will be no riddles since I don’t know any science riddles relating to science. C. Leveling Up: Every time you answer a specific amount of questions for each mission you move onto the next mission which is considered another level if you think about it.
Part IV - Chrome A. Graphics/ Art: The backgrounds such as the places where the missions will take place. I will probably upload some of the backgrounds but most likely they will be from Scratch. The characters will probably be from Scratch as well. so there really isn’t going to be that many cool looking graphics. B. Sound/Music: Whenever the player gets question right there is going to be a sound. If they get a question wrong there will be another sound. There will be a ton of different music playing to give the player motivation. C. Academic Content: So by answering the questions related to chemistry and physics and other stuff related to science people playing this game will gain a better understanding of the different branches of science. These questions will be related to many aspects of our everyday lives and how science is related to them.

Process Of Creating Group Game -

Group Developers Log #1 5/28/15 Tech Room, School BSGE 1:20 P.M.-2:00 P.M.

Sharupa: In the today’s group meeting we were busy remaking our group account since we forgot the password to our old one. We still continued working on our individual projects but at the same we started connected our projects. I started working on the credit rolls by making the backgrounds. I finished all of most of them now and basically I am done with the credit rolls. Now I won't have to do it on the 29th which is tomorrow . Looks like a ton of relaxing time for me don't you think.

Abby: In today’s meeting, things were chaos and busy. We are so very behind schedule because things are running late. However we sorted things out partially. Afterwards we went into doing our individual project and we scheduled other meetings where we will actually work on the project.

Rachel R: During today’s session, our group had forgotten our password and we went through about 10 minutes of arguing so in the end, we just decided to make a new account, with a new password and username. After I finished this, I still had some time left so I spent it on working on my individual project.

Raj: In today’s meeting, it was chaos and everything was so disorganized. In this group session, I worked on the beginning scenes for my group project. In other words, I worked on the beginning part of my group’s project where all of our game’s names are shown and the player has to click on one of our games so that they can start playing it.

Group Developer’s Log #2 - May 31, 2015 - Each Of Our Homes - 1:30 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.

Sharupa: Today, we all met as a group and didn’t work on our individual projects. Today, we each checked over all of the other group members’ projects. I believe that everyone did a really nice job and I think that we can all do well on this project. Though, we aren’t so great as a group because during the meeting and checking over each other’s projects - everyone started to yell at each other a lot. It just never stopped. I finally got everyone to quiet down though being so smart as we can all see. This is what you get for having the sass master in your group. Oh yeah out of the entire group I was the one yelling the most and i think i almost lost my voice. I’m glad that vitamin water exists at least. It cured the pain and the complete suffering I had to face while working with my group. And pizza was also a great help. I was hungry while screaming at them. And then after a whole pizza I was still hungry so I ate donuts too. My group puts too much pressure on me thats for sure. BUT WE ALL SURVIVED!!!! YAY!!!!!! I forgot who started the fight but I know it’s not me thats for sure.

Raj : In this work session we all worked as a group and met up with each other. In this session, we all checked over each other’s projects. I thought that everyone else’ projects were very interesting and showed a lot of effort. Though, in our meeting, it was anarchy because everyone was yelling at each other to fix parts of their project and it was just crazy.

Rachel R.: Today, we met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t do work on our individual projects because they were all done. Instead, we checked over each other’s projects and made sure that everyone project were good and made sense. However, our meeting was completely chaotic because we all just kept yelling at each other. It was like such a headache. But we got over our fights and I’m confident that we’ll get decent grades on this.

Abby: In this work session, we all met up as a group and worked on our group project. We didn’t work on our individual projects as we completed them fully. Today, we looked over each other’s projects and determined how good each of them were. However, it was a crazy meeting because everyone had to shout at each other when trying to tell the others about the mistakes they made and the fact that some people were not there on time! Of and sharupa thinks she yelled a lot, I gonna press charges!

Final Group Developers Log: Plan for Improvement, June 3, 2015, 1:20 P.M.-1:30 P.M., Tech Room, BSGE

Sharupa: My project would be totally better if I made the characters fit their descriptions. like making the evil king look more evil. Also I should make more levels which are the missions of the game. also i should have more variety of questions like different question design. In addition some music would also be good too since it would just give my game more swag. There should also be more dialogue and more drama to make the plot of the game and the game itself interesting. I also think that I should’ve made the other sprites ask the questions rather than having the secret agent say the questions since this is really about completing missions and defeating all the other sprites in order to gain success and make the village safe. There should also be more backgrounds because the more backgrounds you have the more variety you have in your game.

Abby: My game would be better if I actually added levels and put less hints. So I think it’s too easy, and I only have 2 hints, he he he. Music would be good too, since my music is too crazy and very limited. In addition, I want to make more spanish lesson with Sr. Rump so the player can be properly educated. Furthermore, I want to seriously fix the part where both players appear in the Mad hatter’s tea house. My game would be awesome in my opinion if that was fixed up. By the way the groups project would be better if the objective were introduced. I may also consider in critical thinking in spanish that will make the game more challenge and computer destroying encouraging.

Rachel R.: My project would be so much better if I had used much more harder questions, seeing as how easy everyone thought my questions were. There were questions like “In what year did Christopher Columbus discover America?” which I could’ve replaced with questions like “In what year did France give America the Statue of Liberty?” Also, I could’ve used 49 less backdrops, using the same correct! and incorrect! backdrop. Instead, I used different correct and incorrect backdrops for each question. In all, I had 55 backgrounds, most of which was unnecessary. It would’ve also been a good idea to add some victory music to encourage the player to go on.

Raj: There are many improvements that I could make to my individual project. For this work session, we worked in a group, but we ended up working on our individual projects. This is because by improving each of our individual projects, we can improve the quality of the group project as a whole. So, for my project, I can add music to make my project more exciting and more enthusiastic, so that the player will get more interested in the game. Also, I want to try and improve how my game transitions because certain sprites and backdrops appear a little too late or early, so that the game looks a little weird at certain times. For this work session, we didn’t have any problems and were, therefore, well off for our work. Everything went smoothly for once as a group.

Group Game -

My individual project was one part of me and my group members' group project. We all contributed to it with our games that were each unique and tried to get the player to have fun while learning about various school subjects.