Digital Photography Topic

by: AngelaB

I am exploring New York (the East Village). I am interested in this because I want to photograph the more detailed and interesting things of one neighborhood.  In my photograph here, you can see a door and a step going down. There is also a lot of graffiti.  I know that this is some type of entrance and it is located on Rivington Street.  My interpretation of this photograph is that this entrance is not to an apartment building.

It has been said that one photograph is worth a thousand words. This could be true about this photograph because it has many small details and there are many things going on here in the photo . It reflects my theme in that it shows a part of the Lower East Side, and its probably one of those lesser seen things.

One thing that I know about the East Village and the Lower East side is that  is that there are many small things that make it unique. One thing that I wonder about why all the details are there in the first place and why it was chosen to make it in this one area is.This makes me think of walking through a new neighborhood, and seeing new and different things.

This photograph was taken by Iyon Photography and was found. In this photograph, I see a street lamp covered in mosaic tiles, and people crossing a street and buildings in the background.  Its a very colorful photograph, and there are many things in the picture. I know that this picture was taken at St. Marks place and 2nd Avenue.  My interpretation of this photograph is that the photographer made the focus of the picture the is the street lamp covered in mosaic tiles, and wanted to show what was going on behind that. I don't really think that the photographer is using any element of composition. This photograph relates to my photograph because its showing a piece of the East Village and also shows a small part of the neighborhood, that can't be found in other neighborhoods. As I look at this and other photographs, my next photographs will portray the same things. If I were to look up some information about my theme/topic, I would like to know more about what types of photographs other photographers are taking of the same topic.

Since you are reading this post, I would like to ask you if there was anything to change about the way or places I photograph, what should I change?

Dear Angela I found your

Submitted by dzhapa on Mon, 2009-10-26 17:17.

Dear Angela

I found your post very intersting due to the fact that I want to do photgraphy as a hoobie career life. I like where you post:  This photograph relates to my photograph because its showing a piece of the East Village and also shows a small part of the neighborhood, that can't be found in other neighborhoods. As I look at this and other photographs, my next photographs will portray the same things. If I were to look up some information about my theme/topic, I would like to know more about what types of photographs other photographers are taking of the same topic. Nice job

I enjoyed your post

Submitted by drodriguez on Mon, 2009-10-26 20:12.

I enjoyed your post “Digital Photography Topic” a lot because it really opened my eyes to the small things I could see as an everyday commuter in all the neighborhoods I pass on a daily basis.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It has been said that one photograph is worth a thousand words. This could be true about this photograph because it has many small details and there are many things going on here in the photo.” I think is very true because different people have different interpretations when it comes to pictures. For example in the picture shown where one person might see an amazing form of art another person might see an act of vandalism. That is the beauty of photography, the fact that it grants the liberty to everyone to show them something different and they have that divine right to interpret however they please.

Another sentence that caught my attention was: “Since you are reading this post, I would like to ask you if there was anything to change about the way or places I photograph, what should I change?” I feel this is a great way to get feedback and I would just like to say that one change I think you should make is putting more emphasis on the little things like maybe portraying a bird feeding her children bread in the street or just a nest or a child swinging in the park. I feel like the pictures that really speak to people are the simple ones, not the ones that take high stories to get to but just the pictures where you can actually feel the energy in the picture because those are the pictures that contain more meaning, or at least in my opinion they do.

Thanks for your writing and your pictures and I look forward towards your next post. This post was very interesting and has me in the mood to take pictures of random things in the street and see what I can catch so in a way your post is very inspiring and I enjoyed it very much.

Hello: I really like the one

Submitted by Dstahulak on Tue, 2009-10-27 12:32.

Hello:

I really like the one you took yourself! The photo you found looks highly, highly processed to the point of looking fake. A few pointers on your photo would be to just watch your lighting and to watch your composition. I look forward to your next photo!

-Dave

There isn't anything that

Submitted by Sylvia09 on Tue, 2009-10-27 12:32.

There isn't anything that you need to change about the way that you photograph; but you could always get different angles of an image. With the entrance down to the door I would understand why you would want to take it from the front, it shows whats really inside and gives the whole image. The picture makes you wonder whats going on around it! This is good. I love this picture- it reminds me of my style of photography as well.

I really enjoyed the first

Submitted by Josie04 on Tue, 2009-10-27 12:43.

I really enjoyed the first photo you posted.  There are so much graffiti and detailed drawing that you are constantly drawn to different points of the photo.   It makes me wonder the story behind each drawing and piece of art on that entrance.  I also like the topic you are exploring because I love cities and their continual hidden art. 

I think the first photo is

Submitted by mintz242 on Tue, 2009-10-27 13:44.

I think the first photo is really good, don't change anything

0 0

>

\____/

I enjoyed reading your

Submitted by hemanjalij on Wed, 2009-11-11 16:04.

I enjoyed reading your post. My grandparents live in the East Village. I got there almost every weekend and I discover new things and art work. 

I think you shouldn't change anything of the places or the way you take the photograph.  :)

I really like the little

Submitted by samanthag on Mon, 2009-12-07 10:55.

I really like the little details and the graffiti and writing around the door.  The photo is interesting because of the different colors that pop from the background.

*Sammy*