Discussions on Fairness and Equality

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

This week's surveyor Eric explains how he feels and talks about racism.
writing version of the recording:
Harsha : "Hi this is Eric we are talking about fairness and so Eric what does fairness actually mean to you with racism?"

Eric: "On racism for me fairness is equality between races...so if you look back during right before..and during The Great Depression there wasn't very much fairness but now if you look today there is a whole lot more of it...so fairness is when people of two different races both are treated equally as one."

Harsha: "Okay did you hear about the girl being dragged by a police officer in a school?...in the news?"

Eric: "Yes. I did."

Harsha: "So I want you to comment on that."

Eric: "Comment on that?..if the police officer had probable cause of that then that would be.....this is kind of mean but it would be okay because if he felt threatened he must keep himself or others from getting injured but I don't his side of the story I have to say that is wrong."

Harsha: So the supreme court said that he should be fired and of course he is...so what do you think about that?

Eric: "Unless there his side of the story I can't say anything. Because there should be a story from both sides to make a probable justification".

Harsha: "Thank You Eric".

interview

kfasimpaur's picture
Submitted by kfasimpaur on Tue, 2015-12-15 15:34.

Harsha,

Thanks for sharing this post. I especially like how you put in the audio file.

I think Eric's point about getting both sides of the story is a good one. It's hard for me to imagine though how the police officer in the school could have feel threatened by the girl, based on what I saw in the video.

Thanks again for writing!

interview

Submitted by HarshaTheBrave on Tue, 2015-12-15 19:59.

Thank you for pulling that point out Karen I also thought of this and I am going to interview him again this week so hopefully you'll now what his critical opinion is.

I was really intrigued by

Submitted by Iharris16 on Wed, 2015-12-16 00:16.

I was really intrigued by your topic. I have a very big opinion on racism and feel very strongly about it especially recently. I loved the interview "type" for your discussion, but would have liked to seen more issues discussed on racism and equality. Overall really good topic.

Submitted by HarshaTheBrave on Thu, 2015-12-17 20:23.

THANK YOU!