Divergent By: Veronica Roth

by: 17zhul

This book is a total of 487 pages. This book was amazing. Once you are 16, you get to make the decision of your life time. Your choice will decided your friends, determines your beliefs, and your choice will change you... In this book a girl named Beatrice switches from the faction Abnegation to Dauntless. When she took the test she found that she is a Divergent and are extremely dangerous. The Erudite faction never saw eye-to-eye with the Abnegation. Once at the Dauntless faction, her life changes. There is tough competition, she meets Four (Tobias), and starts a whole new life. "Faction before blood."

An idea that was presented throughout the book: "faction before blood". I liked that saying in the book because it made things more difficult for Beatrice, but in the end, everything would end all right. For example, on visiting day, it's when parents get to visit their children that switched factions, they only get to see each other for a day! Beatrice loves her family and now that she's away from them, she's scared and also hopeful.

If this book didn't have the idea of faction before blood, I would think that the book would be a little less interesting. Overall, I loved all of the action / adventure and romance that this book had. While I was reading, I couldn't stop. A friend of mine recommended it to me, and now I recommend everyone who didn't read to read it! I give this book a 10 out of 10!

Dear 17zhul, Divergent is an

Eva's picture
Submitted by Eva on Mon, 2013-05-27 00:45.

Dear 17zhul,

Divergent is an amazing book to read! Especially for the summer! Gah , I remember reading that book and immediately buying Insurgent a few days later, because I simply could not put the book down! (still waiting for that 3rd book Veronica Roth!)

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: " An idea that was presented throughout the book: "faction before blood". I liked that saying in the book because it made things more difficult for Beatrice, but in the end, everything would end all right. " I definitely agree with you right there. The whole "factor before blood" thing really did spice up the book a lot. Dull , boring Beatrice to Tris , the adventurous , brave soul!

I have no clue if you've read Insurgent yet , but I'm guessing you haven't if you just finished Divergent , but you should definitely check it out! Insurgent CHANGES things completely for Tris and Four!

Thanks for writing. And hopefully you get a chance to read Insurgent and post your thoughts, I'll look forward to it(:

Thanks for your comment! I'm

17zhul's picture
Submitted by 17zhul on Mon, 2013-06-03 11:20.

Thanks for your comment! I'm going to read insurgent real soon, and I also can't wait for the 3rd book of the trilogy, too!