Do You Know Who Joseph Kony Is And What KONY 2012 Signifies?

by: ruthv

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

This cause arrives from Africa. One must make Joseph Kony famous (and arrested) before this year is finished.

This was smart idea

Submitted by benjamindlc on Tue, 2012-03-13 14:12.

Dear Ruth,

I am very amazed by your post, "Do You Know Who Joseph Kony Is And What KONY 2012 Signifies?" This was a great way to catch everyone's attention. I think this is going to help spread the word about this evil guy and his action.

One line I heard in your friend, J Melo's song was "de los nino esta abusando" in other words, "He's abusing kids." I think this is very sad because kids shouldn't be suffering because some guy wants to maintain his power. That isn't the way to keep your power. What kind of sick person would use little boys as soldiers and little girls as sex toys? That's just sick and disgusting.

Another sentence I heard in J Melo's song was "esto lleva 20 anos y la federal lo esta buscando." In other words, this has been going on for 20 years, and the law is looking for him. This stood out for me because now I can see clearly on how messed up the government is to other countries, and how selfish we really are.

This song reminds me of a time when I was in 6th grade and I heard of kids getting abused in Africa and my parents and I sent them food, old clothing and money for them. I still can't believe nothing has been done to stop them.

I'll look for your posts again. I look forward to seeing what you and J Melo come up with next. Let's stop Kony now in 2012.

I agree with you Benjamin.

Submitted by kiseemp on Wed, 2012-03-21 12:17.

I agree with you Benjamin. This is a great way to catch everyone's attention. Even though there has been a campaign to help spread the word about Joseph Kony which is now all over Facebook and Twitter. I feel like some people can relate to music as oppose to other ways of getting the message across. I'm not sure of the words in the song but its meaning and its rhythm are very catchy. Now that I know what some of the phrases in the song mean I have a better understanding of the song which I really like despite the fact that it's in a language i don't understand. Nevertheless the message of the song is clear now, and its no different from the true story. The reality of this song is that Joseph Kony is a bad person who has used children in Africa to do his dirty and nasty work. He needs to be stopped because what he's doing is wrong and how long he's been doing it makes it even worse. Bottom line is that people need to find out about Kony, people of every race, language, and gender, and that's exactly what this song promotes in my opinion, Good Job J Melo.