DOMESTIC ABUSE

by: djoseph
THEY WAS FIGHTING

When I first came here to New York, I did not know my mom's family. We stayed there when we came because she said that we could stay there as long as we wanted. My mom said okay.

At first it was going good, then my mom's family got into a fight. One day when the people who were staying with were fighting with each other, it was so bad that we had to move. Then we stayed in my mom's brother's house, I was happy because I had a cousin I did not know about.

Soon we wanted a new house of our own, and we had to go live near my other family. It started out good. We were living in the lower room and we moved our stuff. Then the woman we were living near started to get rude and stuff like that. She said the thing that she got mad about was that we did not ask for food. We had to move because they were getting mad, and my mom could not take it any more.

confused by title

lgonzalez's picture
Submitted by lgonzalez on Fri, 2014-09-12 12:44.

just asking, even though its none of my business, how is it domestic abuse if no one was hurt. all that happened was that people got annoyed and your mom got tired of hearing crap. how does that pertain to domestic abuse. I may sound like an idiot for being in your business and all, but i just don't get it. once again, im sorry for being in you business.

Dear Djoseph I am confused

Submitted by spineda on Wed, 2014-09-17 10:29.

Dear Djoseph
I am confused and sad that you had to go through what you did with your mom and your family. The reason why i say im confused is because you didn’t give enough information to question more things.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “it was so bad that we had to move” i feel bad because i feel like there’s something your family could’ve done to save their differences instead of clashing in the way that they did.
Another sentence that I came across was “We had to move because they were getting mad, and my mom could not take it any more” why did your mom have to move once again? why couldn’t she be the one to put her foot down and just stop the nonsense that was going on?
Your post reminds me of the time my sister got into altercation with her son’s father. it went so far that my sister decided to pack up her things and leave to a shelter. It was hard seeing her go through that but instead she put her foot down and solved whatever problems she had with him and focused on her son’s future.
Thanks for your writing. I would be interested to see what you write about next . i just hope you put in more info! xo

indeilble moments

cceballos's picture
Submitted by cceballos on Mon, 2014-09-22 09:51.

Dear,djoseph
I am amazed by your post "DOMESTIC ABUSE" because it was about how you learn that you was abusing someone and you learned how to stop.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "When I first came here to New York, I did not know my mom's family. We stayed there when we came because she said that we could stay there as long as we wanted. My mom said okay." I think this is bad because seeing that someone in your family is being abuse to one another I think that is sad to see.
Another sentence that I liked was: "Then we stayed in my mom's brother's house, I was happy because I had a cousin I did not know about." This stood out for me because I think that you must had been sad because your family was separated.
Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time this happen to my family to and my little brother did want to see are family fight sohe went to my cousin house to sleep.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like what you wrote and i want to see what you write next.