Domestic Abuse Must End

by: tmyrick

My name is Tatiana. My question is on domestic violence. The reason i am interested in this topic, because domestic violence is a serious thing for men or women do go through.

to learn more about domestic violence, i did some research and found this article http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-Domestic-Violence.

In this article, i learned that domestic violence can happen to anyone. In the same article i learned, that there are places you could go for help. There’s a hotline that is for people who want help. the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY).

There are also shelters such as, safe horizon which is a shelter for victims. http://www.safehorizon.org/page/domestic-violence-shelters-in-nyc-23.html

In another article, i found 15 celebrities that are victims of domestic violence.http://madamenoire.com/468186/victims-of-domestic-violence/2/

one victim, halle berry says,“I never had to run to a shelter, but I did choose the wrong partners. Not always good men. Luckily, in recent years, I have been smart enough to hit the door when violence even becomes a possibility. That is something I will not tolerate.

DearTatianna,That is a good

Submitted by jhostos on Thu, 2016-01-28 12:59.

DearTatianna,
That is a good video that you did on youthvoices dot net.That is really good that you did your work.That is good that you did the video.
Tatianna the part you missed up on is when you stunner a lot in the video.I like the part when you kept putting details in your interview.I think you was brave enough to .interview somebody.
One sentences I like that Ms.Sarah Kaplon said that Domestic is going around the world and he said the Domestic is a terrorist.And what Tatianna had did was a lot of eye contact.

Dear Tatiana

Submitted by avillanueva on Thu, 2016-01-28 12:52.

Dear Tatiana

I am happy with your video “DOMESTIC ABUSE MUST END” Because when I grow I do not want to be abused in any way possible. Also I want to not be a person that abused women.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is “one victim, halle berry says,“I never had to run to a shelter, but I did choose the wrong partners.” I think this this is crazy because this person does not want to go a shelter and the person also said that she picked the wrong partner.

Another sentence that I liked was “There’s a hotline that is for people who want help. the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)”. This stood out for me because I now know about an hotline that is meant for domestic violence.

I do agree with you when you say domestic violence should be stopped. Another reason I agree with you is that domestic violence affects children.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to see what you write next about domestic violence because I am curious about domestic violence.

Very nicely done! I thought

Submitted by TMGanell on Sat, 2016-01-30 16:00.

Very nicely done! I thought your video was excellent in content. You addressed a lot of important aspects of domestic abuse and I thought the people you interviewed gave insightful, well thought out and heartfelt responses. My only comments would be to maybe integrate the different interviews, pictures and people to make it a bit more engaging. For example you could have the first boy talking about an issue and then have the social worker talk about a similar issue so that they kind of grow and lead off of each other. I liked the quotes at the end, but sometimes they went to fast to read so maybe slow those down a bit and place them strategically throughout the video at different times after segments of talking. You had excellent facts and I thought your questions were very good. The three or so questions regarding places for victims to go were nice, but maybe cut one out as the answers were slightly repetitive. Over all, nice video! It is such an important topic to address and you did an excellent job addressing it.

I thought you did a really

Submitted by maddyreid on Sat, 2016-01-30 22:58.

I thought you did a really good job addressing such an important issue. I liked the questions you came up with to ask the people you interviewed - they helped encourage the people you interviewed to give really insightful answers. I also thought you did a good job choosing music that really related to your subject of domestic abuse, and liked the part at the end where you showed quotes and paragraphs. You also did good research in preparation for this video, and I thought it was a great idea to include the hotline numbers in both your article and video. Great job!

I thought you did a really

I thought you did a really

Awesome job!!

kchisholm's picture
Submitted by kchisholm on Sun, 2016-01-31 23:52.

Dear :Tatiana

I really love your video "Domestic abuse must end!" that's a great topic and i honestly feel like it should be voice in every way because this is a problem that's going on world wide and its very serious and its life threatening.

one section that really stand out to me in your video was how you actually put everything together nicely all the quotes and such they really matched up to your questions you was asking. the questions you was asking was very spot on and really realistic and not minor at all i feel like those questions are very serious and questions people who are going through domestic violence ask themselves everyday.

I honestly in my opinion would have answered the questions better (just kidding ...not really) but not because i and a victim (which i’m not) but i feel like i can easily put myself in that situation from common sense you know?...

Being the that was beside the point , i really love the music choices that not only shows how great your taste is but how the emotion the viewer should have toward this topic.

Thank you so much for your video “Domestic abuse must end” i really enjoyed it and i am very so much looking forward to absolutely anything you post because you actually put effort into to what you do and you’re not an airhead like these other kids !! <3

love Kyana <3

dear Titania, i really liked

zbrown's picture
Submitted by zbrown on Wed, 2016-02-10 11:38.

dear Titania, i really liked how you did your video because it explained a lot and it meant a lot to me and i realized what your video really means.
i also like your video because they way damitria was explaining her questions was a good idea because i did not really understand it until she had said something about her questions she was saying.