Domestic Violence And Abuse

by: 18tanbirs

Many people get physically and mentally abused by their partners all around the world. This is something that I feel strongly against. First I would like to say if you, the reader are getting abused, there are many options for you. First, you can tell someone that you trust about it. It can be anyone you feel comfortable telling. Even if the person can’t do anything about it, just talking about it can help immensely. If you get abused and are in the US and are female, you can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE). If you are in the US and get abused and are male, you can call the Domestic Abuse Helpline For Men And Women

No one discriminates when it comes to domestic violence. Your sexuality does not matter. Domestic violence occurs in all types of relationships. Women are mostly abused, but males can get abused too. Even if you don’t get abused physically, emotional scars are just as bad. They can destroy you and how you see yourself. Throughout the past 30 years, violence towards women has been seen internationally as a threat to the health and the rights of women.

There are other types of abuse. There is neglect, physical abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, abandonment, neglect and more. There are many options for people that get abused in any type of way. One story of a boy whose mother met his stepfather. His stepfather was okay sometimes, but at times he would be abusive. One night, the boy came home and his little step-brother was crying. His father and mother were yelling and his mother had a cut on her arm. They boy tried to help his mother but she sent him to the neighbor’s house. He then called the police and they said that they would charge the stepfather if he continued. His mom eventually got court protection and they were free from the horrible man.

Abuse is something that no one deserves. It is something that is looked down upon if you’re the one causing the abuse, but if you’re the one getting abused, it isn’t looked down upon. You shouldn’t be scared to tell anyone about what is happening. Please don’t be scared. If you know someone that is getting abused, please try to help them and stop the chaos.

Bibliography:
S, Kishor. "Profiling Domestic Violence: A Multi-country Study. | POPLINE.org." Profiling Domestic Violence: A Multi-country Study. | POPLINE.org. Popline, 2004. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.

Smith, Melinda. "Domestic Violence and Abuse." : Signs of Abuse and Abusive Relationships. Help Guide, Feb. 2015. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.
"True Stories from Young People Who Experienced Abuse." True Stories from Young People Who Experienced Abuse. Bursting The Bubble, n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.

Abuse. Digital image. Minddisorders.com. Minddisorders, n.d. Web.

domestic violence

Submitted by cpribble on Thu, 2015-04-23 18:11.

Hi! This is such a wonderful post. Addressing the different options for those who are abused was very courteous of you. There are so many hotlines out there with people willing to help, it's amazing. I think when we think of domestic violence we immediately conclude that the violence was physical; emotional and verbal abuse can be just as painful as physical abuse and sometimes that is overshadowed. One in four women will experience domestic violence (http://www.safehorizon.org/page/domestic-violence-statistics--facts-52.html) which is terrifying. It seems that awareness of domestic violence is increasing. If you look at the recent Ray Rice scandal, or incidences with professional athletes or national celebrities, the consequences are becoming stricter which sends out a message that domestic violence is unacceptable.

I think it's great that your

hdailey's picture
Submitted by hdailey on Fri, 2015-04-24 01:09.

I think it's great that your post reminds everbody that physical abuse is not the only type of abuse. I think it's harder for other people to accept the fect that other forms of abuse besides physical exist because there's no tangible evidence that abuse has occured. But this doesn't make emotional or psychological any less serious. It's unfortunate that it seems only cases in which physcial abuse is involved are taken seriously. One place in specific that has seen a dramatic rise in violenece against women is college campuses which is scaring to think about for people our age, especially girls.

domestic violence

Submitted by tmyrick on Tue, 2016-01-12 12:31.

dear 18tanbirs,

i am interested on your opinion on domestic violence.im working on the same thing and studying domestic violence also.

one sentence that stands out is,No one discriminates when it comes to domestic violence. Your sexuality does not matter. Domestic violence occurs in all types of relationships. Women are mostly abused, but males can get abused too. Even if you don’t get abused physically, emotional scars are just as bad. They can destroy you and how you see yourself. Throughout the past 30 years, violence towards women has been seen internationally as a threat to the health and the rights of women.If its women hitting on men, nobody will really care. If it is a man hitting on his wife, ITS A PROBLEM.

another sentence is, nobody deserves to be beat on, it happens in movies, and, i guess people think its alright to do it.Today in social media, you'll see domestic violence. Social media may cause domestic abuse.Women are much more likely to be victims of intimate partner violence with 85 percent of domestic abuse victims being women and 15 percent men. Too many women have been held captive by domestic violence.Whether through physical abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse or a combination of all three. that was stated in 2014.

your post reminds me of any articles and videos i seen.i read this one and a victim of domestic abuse tells her story about it.
http://jezebel.com/christina-milian-talking-about-domestic-abuse-is-the-...

thanks for your writing.i look forward to seeing what you write next, because i finally found a topic just related to mine.