dominio effect

by: tmyrick

In Domino Effect, By Scott E. Carrell and Mark L. Hoekstra. Each year, between 10 and 20 percent of schoolchildren in the United States are exposed to domestic violence. One sentence is According to psychologists, such exposure can lead to aggressive behavior, decreased social competence, and diminished academic performance.

Another point is The main analysis examines the impact of troubled children on their peers. We assume there is no feedback loop in which a student’s peers cause the domestic violence in the household. This assumption appears reasonable, as none of the most likely determinants of domestic violence can plausibly be caused by an elementary school child or her peers.

A third point Adressed by Carrell,Our results indicate that troubled students have a statistically significant negative effect on their peers’ reading and math test scores. Adding one troubled student to a classroom of 20 students results in a decrease in student reading and math test scores of more than two-thirds of a percentile point (2 to 3 percent of a standard deviation). The addition of a troubled peer also significantly increases misbehavior of other students in the classroom, in effect causing them to commit 0.09 more infractions than they otherwise would, a 16 percent increase. These are effects that could accumulate over time if the same students are repeatedly exposed to troubled peers

what we can appreciate about the writer is they worked very hard on the article and proved facts about it.